Why is Bubba able to down up to all survivors in one attack?

I'm not judging things, but having this happen in about every other match I really have to ask: Who thought that a good idea?

I've never seen it with Billy, but with Bubba it's a regular occurrence that he'll chainsaw into a group of survivors (upon unhooking or healing) and insta down everyone within a certain radius.

I've seen groups of 2 and 3 go down, and heard tales of all survivors falling in one attack.

How is that not a broken mechanic? His attacks cooldown is irrelevant if no one can run anymore.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @SquirrelKnight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1733652#Comment_1733652

    He can do it because its how he works. Maybe if you stopped trying to tbag the chainsaw more people would live

    I don't do that. And it that still isn't a reason for why Hillbilly, the killer most relatable to Leatherface, cannot instadown multiple survivors with a single use of his power, yet Leatherface can.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1733738#Comment_1733738

    I don't do that. And it that still isn't a reason for why Hillbilly, the killer most relatable to Leatherface, cannot instadown multiple survivors with a single use of his power, yet Leatherface can.

    Ok. In full seriousness its because his power works as a flailing radius. Its design is he goes nuts, swings randomly and when hes done. His ability is to flail at everything around him. Short aoe bursts instead of long range snipe

  • This is his power it's a tough ability to avoid my only real problem is that when you run up against a wall and keep close to it he shouldn't be allowed to kill it should count as a hit on the wall and stop him using too many times have I been in a situation where I'm in an enclosed area and he's been able to down even tho it's hit a wall sideways

  • Exactly how many times does a Bubba actually down all 4 survivors in one attack in their killer career? It's a low probability, because it requires ALL four survivors to be close enough together and for Bubba to hit ALL of them with the small window of opportunity that saw charges allow. There's almost never a reason for all survivors to be that close together, for that long, right in front of the killer. If it happens to you often, maybe consider running away instead of whatever it is you're doing currently. 😋

  • @Maperson said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1735005#Comment_1735005

    But Hillbilly can travel the map very very fast, he also has great snowball and map pressure. Bubba only had instadowns which 95% of the times end with one down and absolutely zero map pressure. If he downs more than one that's survivors fault.

    Forget it. I'm gonna stop being a broken record for you.

  • Lol don't stack up next to him

  • Bubba should be able to down only two survivors with his chainsaw max.

  • @NotTheodore said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1734631#Comment_1734631

    I disagree. It's not like it's a guaranty that Bubba will get more than 1 or 2 downs if survivors make smart decisions. If 2 or 3 survivors go down into the basement to unhook 1 survivor, why should we expect that Bubba to not get 3 downs?

    The problem survivors (like myself for the longest time) have with Bubba is not knowing when to save and when not to save. Not knowing where to be and how to properly avoid being chainsawed.

    It's like Nurse or Spirit in the sense that we make poor decisions because we maybe don't know how their power works. Once you learn how Nurse teleports and how to spot an opportunity to force a bad teleport, you're able to avoid the majority of her attacks with being able to mind game on the same level as the killer.

    We don't like Bubba because we don't know how to avoid his chainsaw. I use to hate Billy because I was crappy at avoiding his dash and now that I know how it works, I'm more than confident that I can avoid the majority of things from Billy.

    This can be true with Bubba as well. He isn't suppose to be an easy killer to avoid, just like he isn't suppose to be an easy killer to get kills with, but if you understand what he can and can't do, you can play around those issues.

    Yeah, no.

    Insidious bubba. Monitor & Abuse proxy camp bubba (which is what 95% of bubba's do)

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1730974#Comment_1730974

    Again, because bubba can do this thing, so many play him like utter scum, aka camping in every form is a given.

    So you might as well throw the game immediately

    You have ran out of arguments, drop it.

  • @PubStar87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1734685#Comment_1734685

    Yeah, no.

    Insidious bubba. Monitor & Abuse proxy camp bubba (which is what 95% of bubba's do)

    I object to this statement as a Bubba main who has never needed to camp.

  • @Ace_Ventura said:

    Complaining about Bubba. Oh what a wacky world we live in. First COVID, now this. The "Bubba is OP" epidemic.

    Not OP, but having a very, very easily exploitable power (similar to pig, freddy or spirit)

  • @WindyCityBum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1731034#Comment_1731034

    Like another user said earlier, do safe hooks away from him or get his attention with fast vaults away from him. I typically run Diversion for these issues. If you insist on unhooking in front of him, run BT and DS combo.

    If he is face camping hook, do gens and report him at the end. He will lose the game and depip. Hopefully depips enough to a rank you won't see them at again.

    Until they come out with a harsher punishment for face camping, that's all you can do.

    Lastly, when I do pay Bubba, I rarely find anyone bunch up like that. You must be playing yellow or green ranks for that to happen.

    No, do not report them at the end. Facecamping sucks but isn't bannable or reportable. Do NOT report someone for facecamping.

  • @WestX said:

    It does feel kind of strange. When ghost face exposes me I atleast feel its kind of fair, most of the time he had to work for that expose in order to insta down me. With other killers like Myers who get insta downs they have to work for it.

    But Bubba and Hillbilly? Nah they get free insta downs and people defend them. Why not just give Myers and Ghostface insta downs with no requirements then?

    Why is it fair for the chainsaws to just have low effort insta downs?

    Those just are really bad comparisons. Billy does have to work for his insta downs case you can move just a little bit in either direction and he’ll miss, and if Bubbas chainsaw even gets a whiff of anything other than a survivor he throws a tantrum. Ghost face and Myers just look at you and they get theirs.

  • There is a common theme on the forums of people calling for nerfs because they make bad choices in game.

    I want to make bad choices and get away with it.

  • The better question is why are you grouping up against a Bubba when you know he can down all the survivors in one attack

  • Once again, because many of you don't seem to have reading comprehension:


    We are not talking about 'grouping up' on purpose. we are simply talking about these:

    1. trying to unhook someone
    2. trying to heal someone
    3. accidentally running past someone

    If you try to tell me to 'git gud', question:

    1. so, unhooking is out of the question now? someone gets downed, forget them?
    2. So leave people that don't have self-care in a state to get knocked down again anyway, if they somehow haven't gotten downed and/or hooked?
    3. so, just stand still and let bubba knock you down and hook you?

    In short, you are equally 'being a good survivor against bubba' with 'throw the game'?

    wow.

1 2 3 ›