The Haddonfield ReWork is the WORST thing I've ever seen on this game.

And no one is talking about it. I mean... seriously? I've never seen anything like that before. And man, that was hurt to accomplish. This game is desperate for killers to disappear. I just won't understand.

Comments

  • Haddonfield hasn't been reworked what are you talking about?

  • @BattleCast said:

    Haddonfield hasn't been reworked what are you talking about?

    Yes, it has been. I presumed you wouldn't be talking about it or noticing because they wouldn't even dare to announce it. But they have put bushes here and there and they have created the new super infinites. It is absolutely crazy, believe me. Killers can't catch nobody there. It's just impossible.

  • @ByNWR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1722507#Comment_1722507

    Yes, it has been. I presumed you wouldn't be talking about it or noticing because they wouldn't even dare to announce it. But they have put bushes here and there and they have created the new super infinites. It is absolutely crazy, believe me. Killers can't catch nobody there. It's just impossible.

    It's not a rework, it must be a bug if it's not announced.

  • @ByNWR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1722507#Comment_1722507

    Yes, it has been. I presumed you wouldn't be talking about it or noticing because they wouldn't even dare to announce it. But they have put bushes here and there and they have created the new super infinites. It is absolutely crazy, believe me. Killers can't catch nobody there. It's just impossible.

    It's a bug BHVR looks into it.

  • So am I supposed to believe that a bug CASUALLY made bushes appear on SPECIFIC spots in the worst map for killers to make it even worse and create the new super infinite loops? Dudes... hahaha

  • Judging by how they brought back infinites with breakables walls, I assume Behaviour wants to bring them back in fashion on other maps too.

  • @ByNWR said:

    So am I supposed to believe that a bug CASUALLY made bushes appear on SPECIFIC spots in the worst map for killers to make it even worse and create the new super infinite loops? Dudes... hahaha

    Yes. They probably changed something in how map generation works and now bushes can grow there.

  • It'd a bug as confirmed by @MandyTalk in a different thread. This was talked about on the release day of the patch and confirmed a bug. Please check the Bug Reports section of the forum and upvote a previously made report on the issue, or create your own. Thanks.

    EDIT: It has come to my attention tlakrf isn't a word, and that has now been fixed.

  • I guess I am the only survivor getting screwed by these bushes because I always think I can run through there? Yes?

    oh well :-/

  • @ByNWR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1722507#Comment_1722507

    Yes, it has been. I presumed you wouldn't be talking about it or noticing because they wouldn't even dare to announce it. But they have put bushes here and there and they have created the new super infinites. It is absolutely crazy, believe me. Killers can't catch nobody there. It's just impossible.

    I'm 99.8% sure that's a bug in the map generation not an actual rework of the loops in Haddonfield.

  • @Kingpaulmathers said:

    Nice bate

    It’s not bait. Play killer, use a haddonfield offering and get back to me after you chase along the fences that now have bushes.

  • @ByNWR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1722507#Comment_1722507

    Yes, it has been. I presumed you wouldn't be talking about it or noticing because they wouldn't even dare to announce it. But they have put bushes here and there and they have created the new super infinites. It is absolutely crazy, believe me. Killers can't catch nobody there. It's just impossible.

    Not a rework. Its a bug. I was playing Survivor and I ran right into one and I was like "######### is this doing right in the middle of this fence???".

  • @Mooks said:

    I guess I am the only survivor getting screwed by these bushes because I always think I can run through there? Yes?

    oh well :-/

    Nah I’m a complete idiot that always runs face first into those bushes thinking that I can go through them

  • I still see killers doing just fine at haddonfield.

  • @ByNWR said:

    So am I supposed to believe that a bug CASUALLY made bushes appear on SPECIFIC spots in the worst map for killers to make it even worse and create the new super infinite loops? Dudes... hahaha

    Yes. Yes you are meant to believe that. The devs don’t have some hidden agenda to make the game impossible for killers.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1722524#Comment_1722524

    Yes. Yes you are meant to believe that. The devs don’t have some hidden agenda to make the game impossible for killers.

    Judging by the colossal meme that was this patch's Perk changes and the ongoing addition of new god loops and infinites via breakable walls, the only thing that stops me from disagreeing with you is the fact that Blight exists.

  • I dunno if it’s a bug or not

    but l have been getting stuck now on alot more bushes and there seems to be a lot more fat shaming spaces killers can’t get through.

  • Now, get michael, freddy and bubba to do some gardening...

  • It's actually helped me as a killer. I've caught several people who were not expecting the bushes.

  • @ByNWR said:

    And no one is talking about it. I mean... seriously? I've never seen anything like that before. And man, that was hurt to accomplish. This game is desperate for killers to disappear. I just won't understand.

    It's not intentional; it's a bug. It is awful, though.

  • I NOTICED THAT!!! There’s bushes with collision it’s so confusing idk why they did that

  • @Demogordon_Ramsay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1722627#Comment_1722627

    Judging by the colossal meme that was this patch's Perk changes and the ongoing addition of new god loops and infinites via breakable walls, the only thing that stops me from disagreeing with you is the fact that Blight exists.

    A lot of those breakable walls turn those survivor sided loops into dangerous loops once the wall is broken. In this way they’re like pallets.

    The survivor gets ONE safe pass. After that, provided the killer breaks the wall, fool on the survivors for reusing the loop again.

    In this way it’s balanced. They’re safe, and ONLY safe unless the killer refuses to break walks that OBVIOUSLY keep it safe.

  • It's a bug, but it's horrendous. As if that map could possibly get worse.

  • @Mooks said:

    I guess I am the only survivor getting screwed by these bushes because I always think I can run through there? Yes?

    oh well :-/

    Nah. I keep doing it. The first time I was so dumbfounded. 😶

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1722629#Comment_1722629

    A lot of those breakable walls turn those survivor sided loops into dangerous loops once the wall is broken. In this way they’re like pallets.

    The survivor gets ONE safe pass. After that, provided the killer breaks the wall, fool on the survivors for reusing the loop again.

    In this way it’s balanced. They’re safe, and ONLY safe unless the killer refuses to break walks that OBVIOUSLY keep it safe.

    This is just... so, so untrue. Breaking the wall turns the infinite god loops into safe ones, especially when we're talking about Saloon and MacMillan. They're still incredibly easy to loop around, it's just now the Killer actually has a chance of getting to you.

    Moreover, why have removable infinites when you can just, you know, not have infinites?

  • Came across the bushes earlier, was like #########. That cant be a bug, thats intentionl. Its so dumb.

  • @OBX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1722516#Comment_1722516

    It’s not bait. Play killer, use a haddonfield offering and get back to me after you chase along the fences that now have bushes.

    What are you talking about? Haddonfield hasn’t been reworked, everyone knows the map is survivor sided. 2 killers are descent on the map, trapper and nurse.

  • @ByNWR said:

    And no one is talking about it. I mean... seriously? I've never seen anything like that before. And man, that was hurt to accomplish. This game is desperate for killers to disappear. I just won't understand.

    Well u cannot call that a rework, just some random structures in the wrong place

  • Not really any infinites, but the new bush locations have to be a bug. Lampkin Lane hasn't been so survivor sided anymore since the Balanced Landing change back then. Really depends on the killer and experience they carry for the map to be "survivor sided".

  • @ByNWR said:

    So am I supposed to believe that a bug CASUALLY made bushes appear on SPECIFIC spots in the worst map for killers to make it even worse and create the new super infinite loops? Dudes... hahaha

    Well a bug made rocks appear in certain pallets in Yamaoka maps and The Game had a bug where a pallet could spawn in a position leading towards a closed door, so this can be a bug too.

  • When they mess about with stuff they usually create bugs. I assume they are messing about with Haddonfield (for rework) which in turn creates bugs.

    It would explain why they aren't announcing anything yet. Ptb should be next Tuesday so I assume we will know by then which map they are working on next.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    When they mess about with stuff they usually create bugs. I assume they are messing about with Haddonfield (for rework) which in turn creates bugs.

    It would explain why they aren't announcing anything yet. Ptb should be next Tuesday so I assume we will know by then which map they are working on next.

    Its weird they would do anything to the actual game for the Haddonfield update. This is BHVR so I can believe it, but its weird it hasn't even been revealed yet and they would mess with the coding of the map as part of a hotfix. lol

    @HectorBrando said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1722524#Comment_1722524

    Well a bug made rocks appear in certain pallets in Yamaoka maps and The Game had a bug where a pallet could spawn in a position leading towards a closed door, so this can be a bug too.

    Aren't the rocks back in some maps? Not as often, but someone posted an image of a rock right in front of one of the Killer Shack doors, blocking it completely.

  • @OBX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1722516#Comment_1722516

    It’s not bait. Play killer, use a haddonfield offering and get back to me after you chase along the fences that now have bushes.

    Chasing is so old school.

    Try phasing.


    joke btw

  • Let's hope it's not one of those bugs that starts as a "bug" but later turns into "working as intended".

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1722518#Comment_1722518

    Let's hope it's not one of those bugs that starts as a "bug" but later turns into "working as intended".

    I hope so too.

  • Why can't they have small bugs every now and then? They're always game breaking and beyond belief!

  • @Demogordon_Ramsay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1722627#Comment_1722627

    Judging by the colossal meme that was this patch's Perk changes and the ongoing addition of new god loops and infinites via breakable walls, the only thing that stops me from disagreeing with you is the fact that Blight exists.

    You got a problem with Blight? Play a different killer.

  • @ByNWR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1722507#Comment_1722507

    Yes, it has been. I presumed you wouldn't be talking about it or noticing because they wouldn't even dare to announce it. But they have put bushes here and there and they have created the new super infinites. It is absolutely crazy, believe me. Killers can't catch nobody there. It's just impossible.

    I played a few games this weekend and saw the extra bushes in really annoying places. It is absurb.

  • @ByNWR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1722507#Comment_1722507

    Yes, it has been. I presumed you wouldn't be talking about it or noticing because they wouldn't even dare to announce it. But they have put bushes here and there and they have created the new super infinites. It is absolutely crazy, believe me. Killers can't catch nobody there. It's just impossible.

    I was wondering why the hell I was able to loop the s*it out of a spirit on there when I played yesterday, and was like oooh there fat shaming bushes that have appeared out of no where 😂 was so odd

  • They have adjusted some of the fences. Added bushes in certain spots ect.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1722706#Comment_1722706

    The saloon is most definitely not safe with all of the walls broken, and let's not forget that shack on that map can even be neutered as well. The Macmillan loop can waste a bit of time against non-mobile, non-ranged killers, but it isn't what I'd call safe either. You'll get two vaults out of it once the wall is broken, or one if the killer has already been chasing you for a bit.

    As a killer, I would personally rather be able to remove a strong loop in advance by breaking a wall than have an extra safe pallet on the map that I have to wait for them to drop. The one breakable wall I really don't like is the one at the top of Coal Tower since you're only going to go up there in the first place to chase a survivor.

    I'm not a big fan of breakable walls, mind you, but I think people are exaggerating the impact on map balance.

    The saloon is one of the safest loops in the entire game even with every wall broken. Against the majority of Killers you can loop them for at least a gen or two by just holding W. Same for MacMillan.

    You turn a god loop into a strong one. Not to mention when the entire building is filled to the brim with breakable walls like the saloon, you waste an UNGODLY amount of time kicking them all down just to have a chance at catching Survivors when they beeline towards the building like lemmings.

    Breakable walls are the worst Killer nerf to happen recently and I will not budge on that belief.

  • Where did I say I have a problem with Blight? I literally said he's the one thing that keeps me from believing the devs want to pummel Killers into the earth because he is just that strong. Like, stronger than Spirit strong—assuming neither Killer uses addons, at the very least.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1724268#Comment_1724268

    How though? With all of the walls broken (aside from the deathtrap room) there should be four vaults, and all of them should have doors right next to them, so none of them will save the survivors much time. That's it. Would you rather there be four safe pallets in the Saloon that you can't pre-break?

    I agree it takes a lot of time to kick the walls, but I don't see why this is a nerf to killer. They're just another design element in maps, like a jungle gym or a pallet. Maps with breakable walls may be survivor sided, of course, but calling the breakable walls themselves a nerf to killer is a stretch imo.

    "How though? With all of the walls broken (aside from the deathtrap room) there should be four vaults, and all of them should have doors right next to them, so none of them will save the survivors much time. That's it."

    The windows are useless... if the Survivors don't already have distance. But the only reason they shouldn't have distance is if they waited for you to approach them before attempting to run the saloon—why they would ever do something that stupid is beyond me. But once Survivors have distance, the time they save vaulting and the time you waste going around the windows is more than enough to ensure they can just keep holding W with little to no counterplay from most Killers.


    "Would you rather there be four safe pallets in the Saloon that you can't pre-break?"

    I'd rather the saloon not be a complete god building. That's what I'd rather be.


    "I agree it takes a lot of time to kick the walls, but I don't see why this is a nerf to killer. They're just another design element in maps, like a jungle gym or a pallet. Maps with breakable walls may be survivor sided, of course, but calling the breakable walls themselves a nerf to killer is a stretch imo."

    Considering the vast majority of breakable walls put you into 2 scenarios:

    1) Turn already-safe loops into god loops and psuedo-infinites that you can only really beat if you're some overtuned Killer like Spirit or Blight, or in the case of Midwich, have your ability to navigate the map severely constricted.

    2) Spend eons of time, a resource that Killers are always critically low on thanks to gen times being so absurdly fast, breaking the walls just to have a chance if the Survivors run to the tiles. On Midwich you have both this issue as well as breaking the walls that allow you to move more effectively also allows Survivors to do the same.

    They either screw the Killer over, or screw the Killer over. It's a lose-lose.

    Hell, if we wanna debate walls in and of themselves being a Killer nerf, take a look at MacMillan. Some of the building windows, which are already safe, had a hole next to them, like Storehouse and the upper Ironworks one, and that hole is now replaced with breakable walls which Killers are FORCED to break to have any chance at all to do something at these windows when before they could just go through the hole without having to kick a pallet. If that's not a nerf to Killers I don't know what is.

  • @Demogordon_Ramsay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1722627#Comment_1722627

    Judging by the colossal meme that was this patch's Perk changes and the ongoing addition of new god loops and infinites via breakable walls, the only thing that stops me from disagreeing with you is the fact that Blight exists.

    Clearly ur avoiding all of the survivor nerfs then if you think only the map changes have hurt killer. Macmillan tile walls now have no gaps making it easier for any killer with a ranged, speed or attack Like oni. Apart from tile pallets every pallet of Yamaoka is now those unsafe rock loops. Badham nerf with breakable walls (although I still think this is a survivor favoured map). Just because they added a couple of breakable walls on Macmillan maps doesn’t mean infinite’s are suddenly back.

    The devs do things for balance, not becusse they bias one side.

  • I already abused it and looped a deathslinger there for solid 5 minutes. Was really nice, but it's not an infinte.

  • @Demogordon_Ramsay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1723939#Comment_1723939

    Where did I say I have a problem with Blight? I literally said he's the one thing that keeps me from believing the devs want to pummel Killers into the earth because he is just that strong. Like, stronger than Spirit strong—assuming neither Killer uses addons, at the very least.

    I didn't know what you were trying to say in your comment. I thought you said he was weak.

  • @Mooks said:

    I guess I am the only survivor getting screwed by these bushes because I always think I can run through there? Yes?

    oh well :-/

    My first two survivor matches i stood in front of those demn bushes several times.