hows the new update for ps4?

played my first match on mothers dwelling and it was stuttering and freezing so much, legit my game crashed because of how bad it was running

edit: played my second match on groaning storehouse, played a lot better than mothers dwelling but was still stuttering here and there

how is it for everyone else? really not looking forward to the event tmrw if this is how the game is playing on ps4...

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    I keep telling myself “only 3 more weeks till PS5. Only 3 more weeks till PS5.”

    and “please please PLEASE run better on PS5. Surely it will run better on PS5?!”

    Yeah, sure there ARE PS5 games I can’t wait to play, but the naive hope of DBD running better in PS5’s boost mode is my main motivation for getting one.

    Oh mighty god of video games, I pray to thee. Please let DBD have tremendously improved performance on next gen. Please 🙏

    Other youtubers soon:"Can the PS5 run this graphically impressing game in 4K at 60 FPS?"

    DbD players:"Can the PS5 run DBD in 1080p at 30 FPS?"

  • @Boosted_Dwight said:

    Worst part is, this is most likely how we're gonna be for the whole Halloween event. I can't see an hot fix coming quicker than that.

    It's moments like these that make me absolutely hate the answer they gave for a game health chapter. If the team can do both why is this such a frequent problem? What a damn shame.

    I was honestly enraged when they gave that answer, because that was a lie, there isn't enough people to balance and keep bugs under control and make platforms playable

  • @Boosted_Dwight said:

    Worst part is, this is most likely how we're gonna be for the whole Halloween event. I can't see an hot fix coming quicker than that.

    It's moments like these that make me absolutely hate the answer they gave for a game health chapter. If the team can do both why is this such a frequent problem? What a damn shame.

    I'm incredibly disappointed aswell.

    In all those years they weren't even able to fix those FPS drops we always get from sloppy butcher,noed,bloodlust etc. but now the completely destroyed the performance AGAIN?

    I will absolutely never believe that they really test those patches on consoles

  • My first game after the patch, as the Blight on the new map:

    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/776520226

    ( https://www.twitch.tv/videos/776520226 )


    and my AWFUL experience on Larry's as the Doctor (..but very interesting build though!)

    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/776514730


    ( https://www.twitch.tv/videos/776514730 )


    Honestly... just shame on you BHVR. You broke the game.



    EDIT: and anyway this is not killer/map dependant. hell, even as survivor the frame rate sucks now. It's just broken.

  • @Nobsyde said:

    My first game after the patch, as the Blight on the new map:

    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/776520226

    ( https://www.twitch.tv/videos/776520226 )

    and my AWFUL experience on Larry's as the Doctor (..but very interesting build though!)

    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/776514730

    ( https://www.twitch.tv/videos/776514730 )

    Honestly... just shame on you BHVR. You broke the game.

    I'm jealous.Your FPS looks WAY better then mine lol

  • and this is the scary part btw, because the video from @Stinde shows something that is even worse than my experience (which, to me, is just UNPLAYABLE) - and I have a first generation PS4 :\


    EDIT: also, I'm looking at a stream from a base Xbox right now, and stutters are almost (...almost) non existent. It's obviously just a PS4 thing, because frick us, I guess.

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1692115#Comment_1692115

    Other youtubers soon:"Can the PS5 run this graphically impressing game in 4K at 60 FPS?"

    DbD players:"Can the PS5 run DBD in 1080p at 30 FPS?"

    Lol, pretty much.

    Although to be fair there have been periods on my PS4 matches have run between 45-60 FPS depending on the map, and what’s going on in the trial at the time.

    I’ll cry of joy if PS5 keeps things at 60 FPS with exception to things like server latency or latency from other players (to be realistically expected still)

  • @Nobsyde said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1692281#Comment_1692281

    and this is the scary part btw, because the video from @Stinde shows something that is even worse than my experience (which, to me, is just UNPLAYABLE) - and I have a first generation PS4 :\

    EDIT: also, I'm looking at a stream from a base Xbox right now, and stutters are almost (...almost) non existent. It's obviously just a PS4 thing, because frick us, I guess.

    Typical of these devs. I don’t know what is worse: either they didn’t test console, or they tested and simply didn’t give a $#!*

  • @Boosted_Dwight said:

    Worst part is, this is most likely how we're gonna be for the whole Halloween event. I can't see an hot fix coming quicker than that.

    It's moments like these that make me absolutely hate the answer they gave for a game health chapter. If the team can do both why is this such a frequent problem? What a damn shame.

    I went and looked at their Twitter regarding the patch...... it’s all roses and tulips and comments about how awesome it is. It’s an illusion I’m beginning to think the devs actually believe. It’s clear no one in the office actually turned a PS4 on and tried this update out.

  • @MandyTalk, @Peanits, @Almo, do you guys know about this and are you looking into it?

  • BUY A PS5! - BHVR


    ..... sponsored by SONY

  • I saw a couple of videos on reddit and... omg, I consider myself lucky, my experience is AWFUL, but for them it's literally unplayable. Stutters that last full seconds, fps that struggle to stay above 10. Just... wow.

  • PS4 Pro here. Game is extremely choppy and framerate is definitely sub 30 fps on certain maps. Performance is absolutely worse than it was pre-patch, which still wasn't great depending on the map.


    (Also, Kate's ponytail from her Rift outfit now floats when hooked, repairing gen, etc.)


    It sucks, man. I get that this was a PC title originally and moving to console can be tough, but this game should be running at a stable 60 fps after 3(?) years on console; especially after they said over a year ago that they'd be optimizing it. At the very least, it shouldn't be getting worse.

  • This will be their opportunity to fix it for good or the death of dbd on console... Who would trust by now that it will run smoothly on ps5?

  • Update:

    I got contacted about the issue, so at least the devs know and are taking steps to fix the problems. Credit where it's due.

  • graphics look great, but the game plays like trash on every map now. they screwed up yet again when they update their game. it's to be expected by now though.

  • my game wont start at all after the update, is it just ke or someone eose is having this issues?

    I get a black screen after the start page...

  • The important thing is to shove dbd onto every platform possible, regardless of whether it works on them or the long-existing ones.

    Dead by daylight: coming soon™ to the FitBit and Sega Dreamcast

  • DbD is running at a smooth 1fps on my ps4 since the update

  • @MissKitty95 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1691530#Comment_1691530

    I use a pro I have not had a issue before compared to today after the update usually it’s jsut the normal frames drop but it’s ok, since I downloaded the update at 4pm just wow Ahah wow is literally the best word for it

    same just got new pro and it was running the game fine till this update.

    this just on console? or are pc users having drop frame?

  • @Mew said:

    played my first match on mothers dwelling and it was stuttering and freezing so much, legit my game crashed because of how bad it was running

    how is it for everyone else? really not looking forward to the event tmrw if this is how the game is playing on ps4...

    It's so awful for me. I've played both Killer and Survivor today. The frames and lag are so awful that it is on the verge of unplayable. As Survivor, if I get hooked a second time, I die, no matter what, because the constant frame droppage and lag spikes causes the game to think that I stop struggling for a second. As Killer, specifically Nurse today, I literally land on top of Survivors, I swing, and they don't get injured. Another thing with the frames in general as Killer, they're so bad that I literally have lost sight of a survivor that is right in front of me. It's been absolutely irritating today because I just want to play around with the changed perks and new MacMillan but the fundamental mechanics of the game has failed me numerous times. This needs fixed ASAP especially since there's a new event starting tomorrow. (Gurl, I really needed to rant about this)

  • @MrSmashem said:

    PS4 Pro here. Game is extremely choppy and framerate is definitely sub 30 fps on certain maps. Performance is absolutely worse than it was pre-patch, which still wasn't great depending on the map.

    (Also, Kate's ponytail from her Rift outfit now floats when hooked, repairing gen, etc.)

    It sucks, man. I get that this was a PC title originally and moving to console can be tough, but this game should be running at a stable 60 fps after 3(?) years on console; especially after they said over a year ago that they'd be optimizing it. At the very least, it shouldn't be getting worse.

    Trust me, this game has issues with frames on PC, too.

  • @NekoGamerX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1691609#Comment_1691609

    same just got new pro and it was running the game fine till this update.

    this just on console? or are pc users having drop frame?

    I saw some comments that Xbox was fine. On McLean stream his known issues ticker say "Performance issues have been reported on PS4", would think it would say "consoles" if not just ps4.

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1692822#Comment_1692822

    I saw some comments that Xbox was fine. On McLean stream his known issues ticker say "Performance issues have been reported on PS4", would think it would say "consoles" if not just ps4.

    if it just ps4 this sucks.

  • @SunderMun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1692590#Comment_1692590

    Trust me, this game has issues with frames on PC, too.

    Oh no doubt, but us console peasants are all running the same hardware and have been since this game came to console. Usually PC performance varies due to the strength and variety of specs, but we've been rockin the same stuff this whole time(and we've had issues this whole time, not just after this update...its just much worse after this update).


    Not sure why this game still can't consistently stay above 30 FPS on consoles, especially when much more graphic-intensive games can(and can even hit 60+ fps).

  • well it could be easier to fix though, since it's obviously something specific with our game version and/or our hardware.

  • Went from smooth as silk for me to stuttering mess. ######### happened in this update.

  • Played today. Not playing again until the game is fixed.

    COMPLETE GARBAGE.

  • Yeah it's extremely choppy on PS4 at the moment. I might have to play on PC until they fix it, but on PC cross play friends lists are broken on linked accounts so it's a loose loose right now

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1691934#Comment_1691934

    No, that does nothing. Anything you feel is placebo. The way PS4 works is that games render at a set resolution (usually 1080p with no option to change it) and unless the game gives you an option to do so changing your resolution through the system does nothing to improve performance.

    I agree. I tried it just now for a Killer match as Nurse, it does nothing to help the framerate.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1692711#Comment_1692711

    Can I just say: Awesome name. Hated using the ship though.

    haha thank you! it was definitely not for everyone. also check out the song of the same name by three mile pilot. ^_^

  • A lot of stuttering early match.

    I hope they at least fixed the constant crashing in the loading screen me and my friends experienced since the update before.

  • @blue4zion said:

    I always hear about people having bad framerate on console, but I never have much issue and maybe it's because I use a ps4 Pro.

    However, My game was running like a switch as survivor on the new Suffocation pit. I'm gonna go test killer on the new maps now, I hope its not as unplayable.

    As a switch player I can say... wow rude.

    Switch is probably the worst of the platforms besides stadia, but still I've never had any problems playing on switch and my internet is awful.

  • literally unplayable

    You'd think the devs would've listened when for weeks there was a massive thread about it on the front page but once again they've ignored it and now its even worse than it was before that thread... before you could play a couple games before having to restart the ps4 to get better frames but now its happening in the first game.

  • I have been playing this game to help ease my anxiety with what's going going on in the world right now but now it's unplayable on my PlayStation 4, I'm very depressed...

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    I keep telling myself “only 3 more weeks till PS5. Only 3 more weeks till PS5.”

    and “please please PLEASE run better on PS5. Surely it will run better on PS5?!”

    Yeah, sure there ARE PS5 games I can’t wait to play, but the naive hope of DBD running better in PS5’s boost mode is my main motivation for getting one.

    Oh mighty god of video games, I pray to thee. Please let DBD have tremendously improved performance on next gen. Please 🙏

    This game is not going on my ps5 it will most probly brick the console, if I’m going to play it will be on the ps4 sadly :(

  • This is exactly why I left dbd on console. Completely unplayable and since now it looks like it's even worse. Feels bad for the people that are playing on console though. I feel your pain, hope it's gonna get fixed asap.

  • I can't believe how bad it is. I just played 2 matches. My survivor match was bad (missed about half the skill checks because of the terrible frame rate). My killer match was way worse. It was a stuttering mess. I hope this can be fixed soon.

  • @ShyPirate said:

    I can't believe how bad it is. I just played 2 matches. My survivor match was bad (missed about half the skill checks because of the terrible frame rate). My killer match was way worse. It was a stuttering mess. I hope this can be fixed soon.

    I haven’t seen a dev even bother to acknowledge the problem for consoles in any of the forum topics regarding this problem. I’ll never understand bhvr, it’s like they have an ambition to become Bathesda.

  • @blue4zion said:

    I always hear about people having bad framerate on console, but I never have much issue and maybe it's because I use a ps4 Pro.

    However, My game was running like a switch as survivor on the new Suffocation pit. I'm gonna go test killer on the new maps now, I hope its not as unplayable.

    Im on a pro and it’s lagging/ freezing alot asdf

  • Barely playable, but I will continue until I tire.So many people dc’ing, and killers camping

  • Yes I am surprised that I only manage a few failed skill checks on gens with the shuddering......

  • Unplayable. Gamebreaking. Ps4 pro with massive frame lag and dying on hook due to frame drops during struggle.


    I guess I could just play better and not get hooked.

  • DBD twitter has posted they're looking into it. Hopefully its fixed before the weekend ._.

  • It's been a living hell. More so than usual I mean.

  • @Slickstyles said:

    Hey folks, if you're using a PS4, what you can do is decrease your resolution to 720p in the settings. Granted, your image quality will be worse but you will get more frames and less stuttering.

    It's still garbage.

  • Having some games where it seems to run fine for about 80% of it and others where its almost unplayable

1 2 3