Rip PH

We all knew this day was coming, sadly, devs listen too much the survivor community, he can't bait anymore, only decent thing about his changed is POTD being slightly shorter, welp, I'm done with the survivor community, time to mori them when I play killer

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1648619#Comment_1648619

    We don't know the numbers on the cooldown changes, but the PTB drops tomorrow so we'll see very soon! The devs did say they're not intending to nerf him, so hopefully the nerf and buff come out in the wash and he's just more fun to play as/against.

    Fun to play As would mean getting rid of the flashing HERE! HE IS AIMING HERE! PRESS D SO YOU DON'T GET HIT! lines that shoot out before the attack launches. Telegraphing a slow attack with sound, time, and vision is bad design and makes the attack literally useless against GOOD survivors.

    Instead they slow him down even more and will probably give survivors time to jump the window or get a second loop in.

    I don't care if they get rid of pallet hits but they need to make the power fun to use and actually require skill on the survivors side or a bad read by the killer to dodge.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1649716#Comment_1649716

    His attack isn't really dodgeable reactively on my typical ping. Maybe if I'm on the very edge of the attack area, I'm near the very end of its range, and my view isn't obstructed. Maybe. Other than that I've pretty much only had luck guessing when the PH is going to attack and dodging preemptively.

    I've tried to math it out, but the wiki doesn't provide enough information to determine travel time of his attack. All it says is that there's a .033 second (2 frame) delay between each "attack trail element", but it doesn't say how many attack trail elements exist in the POTD trail, what their hit boxes look like, etc.

    At any rate, this is very much exaggerating how easy his power is to dodge. It's just not smart for killers to try it when they're not confident they can get a hit right now because a miss is pretty punishing. This is aimed at addressing that by reducing the punishment for missing.

    I have 25 ping so my gameplay would be different to yours. If these dev's are balancing with ping in mind then i need to get a VPN and play at 100 ping all the time.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1649833#Comment_1649833

    Ah, I'm usually in the 70-150 range depending on the match. Now I'm really curious to know more about the POTD travel time :D

    I played a game with huntress late at night and the game put me on a server with 100 ping. it was the easiest game i have ever played with her.

    Survivor vaulted and moved out of sight? still got the hit. Throw where the survivor is instead of where they will be? get the hit... It was stupid.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1643074#Comment_1643074

    Why is this a nerf? They explicitly said this is not intended to be a nerf.

    Sorry, but whate the devs say and what they actually do are two, completely unrelated, things. Just look at Billy: that stupid cooldown system was allegedly "not intended as a nerf," and yet good luck not overheating against a decent team.

  • @Brhoom said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1644281#Comment_1644281

    Nurse's kill rare increased in red ranks after the "nerf"

    PH will require practice to be good now, just like Nurse.

    And Nurse is still the best killer in the right hands.

    Please stop saying he could never compete, do you honestly believe the devs will nerf a killer if he's having a hard time with survivors?

    I 100% believe the devs would nerf a killer who isn’t great (see the multitude of pig nerfs). They don’t know their game.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1646974#Comment_1646974

    You can't counter his power by pre-dropping pallets unless you're dropping them so early that he's out of POTD range. If you stay in the loop after throwing the pallet, many loops will be entirely within reach of POTD, meaning he can just rotate around it and you're right back in the lose/lose. You'll be forced to vault the pallet and when you do that's a hit. If you don't stay in the loop, though, he can usually just walk right around the tile without losing much distance, so you basically just burned a pallet for no reason.

    If the tile is so safe that he's really forced to break the pallet (e.g. god pallet), sure, that'll counter him... except there are very few pallets that strong regardless of map. Getting such little mileage out of pallets that safe is usually a recipe for disaster.

    The only real counter to him is to split up and rush gens, like for all killers. In the chase you just need to hope he's bad.

    This has nothing to do with SWF and OoO. That's just pointless whataboutism.

    You're forgetting that his turning on POTD is very limited, so if he chases you to the vault he has to stop a few meters before reaching the pallet to aim, that's the only time PH has an actual 50/50.

    Anyway, I really hope they get rid of the trails, making his power based on reads rather than based on zoning would make it so much more fun imo.

  • @SunderMun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1646940#Comment_1646940

    It would also be interesting if we look at Dowsey's tier list, where he places PH similarly to Otz but also states he's S tier in a sweaty tournament setting, which he's also shown a bunch in practise, too.

    It's funny because Pyramid Head got absolutely trashed in Hexy's Tournament.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1649911#Comment_1649911

    Billy's overheat is an absolute non factor tbh. I've played him at least a dozen times since the changes dropped and I have yet to overheat my chainsaw, even when it feels like I'm using it heavily. I feel like you'd basically have to be trying to overheat it to manage it, or facecamping with chainsaw raised. His add-ons were definitely nerfed, but I think that was the intention. His charge time reduction add-ons were extremely strong before.

    At least wait for the PTB before complaining about something that hasn't happened yet.

    To be fair, the first iteration of the overheat mechanic meant that he basically couldn't use his chainsaw at all. I do think it's fair now, however.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1651078#Comment_1651078

    True, but then again, the point of the PTB is to know when to tweak things like that! I definitely agree it's in a good place now at any rate.

    Yeah, that's very true! The Ghostface PTB was the first ever instance that gave me hope for the dev team; how they took on the feedback to make him actually playable.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1643103#Comment_1643103

    They said it was to address issues coming from both sides but thats a lie as 99.9% of complaints are coming from survivors. This is being done to appease survivors, it’s going to be a net nerf.

    Yea because killers aren't going to complain about being able to get hit's against survivors, are they? lmao

    You know what they did complain about? Not being able to use POTD during chase because it slows you down too much when used, guess what they changed? :O


    It's almost as if they addressed a complaint from both sides and didn't lie.

  • I would write an entire essay on why this is actually a step in the right direction for PH, but I've already done that several times, so..

    Just hit Punishment shots 4head.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1643135#Comment_1643135

    Yea because killers aren't going to complain about being able to get hit's against survivors, are they? lmao

    You know what they did complain about? Not being able to use POTD during chase because it slows you down too much when used, guess what they changed? :O

    It's almost as if they addressed a complaint from both sides and didn't lie.

    And yet there are many here saying the cooldown was the least of his issues?

    People wanted a better attack where they could use skill, not just “oh its a short cooldown now so I’ll spam it over and over again until I get the hit”

    Have you not seen that there are plenty of people saying they’re going in the wrong direction?

    but of course PH op.

  • Ignorant PHeads malding over a change that the devs themselves admit was not how he was intended to be abused

    I've explained plenty of times how this is a positive change but the "survivor bad" logic will never stop, so instead, stay mad

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1651211#Comment_1651211

    And yet there are many here saying the cooldown was the least of his issues?

    People wanted a better attack where they could use skill, not just “oh its a short cooldown now so I’ll spam it over and over again until I get the hit”

    Have you not seen that there are plenty of people saying they’re going in the wrong direction?

    but of course PH op.

    So you think they should have just changed his power completely? What kind of stellar ideas do you have that wouldn't take away from the theme of the chapter or be similar to something we already have?

    and issues pertaining to characters are subjective, someone could have easily thought that cooldown was a major issue to their enjoyment of PH, you don't get to tell them this isn't an issue worth addressing because there are other issues.

    and there are plenty of people who think this is the right direction, what exactly are you trying to prove here? That you think your opinion, and the opinion of a select few are more important than other opinions? cool.

    "but of course PH op"... yep, that's... definitely what I said, good job buddy.

  • @indieeden7 said:

    I mean, it doesn't even affect players that didn't use cheap tactics, you shouldn't benefit by not using your power.

    I bet you use the pussy build, like adrenalin, decisive strike, deadhard and borrowed time all toped off with either a flashlight or toolbox with a brand-new part

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1651316#Comment_1651316

    So you think they should have just changed his power completely? What kind of stellar ideas do you have that wouldn't take away from the theme of the chapter or be similar to something we already have?

    and issues pertaining to characters are subjective, someone could have easily thought that cooldown was a major issue to their enjoyment of PH, you don't get to tell them this isn't an issue worth addressing because there are other issues.

    and there are plenty of people who think this is the right direction, what exactly are you trying to prove here? That you think your opinion, and the opinion of a select few are more important than other opinions? cool.

    "but of course PH op"... yep, that's... definitely what I said, good job buddy.

    Nobody is saying change it completely we’re saying change it in other ways too.

    I see more voices here calling for other improvements rather than cooldown. People that play survivor dont really care as long as the m2-m1 phase lasts longer. So what are all our opinions meant to be disregarded because a few say otherwise? Works both ways.

    You play Spirit so I don’t even know where this is going. She’s way more lethal in a chase than PH ever was.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1651363#Comment_1651363

    Nobody is saying change it completely we’re saying change it in other ways too.

    I see more voices here calling for other improvements rather than cooldown. People that play survivor dont really care as long as the m2-m1 phase lasts longer. So what are all our opinions meant to be disregarded because a few say otherwise? Works both ways.

    You play Spirit so I don’t even know where this is going. She’s way more lethal in a chase than PH ever was.


    Please do tell me all the other ways they should change it to make it balanced.

    "other improvements" you can't just have it all, changing a killers power and giving it all positive buffs is not a way to balance the game, and no, I didn't even come close to saying disregard what other people say, you're the one saying that a cooldown isn't an answer to what people want, not me.

    Also, what do you mean I play spirit? I barely even touch her, her and hag are probably my least played killer, I mostly play Huntress/Pig/Plague, and even if I did play spirit, what point would that even make? Oh yaaaa, I forgot people like to try and dismiss others based on how they play the game, sounds like a weak attempt to invalidate what someone is saying, good one champ, keep it up.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1651426#Comment_1651426

    Please do tell me all the other ways they should change it to make it balanced.

    "other improvements" you can't just have it all, changing a killers power and giving it all positive buffs is not a way to balance the game, and no, I didn't even come close to saying disregard what other people say, you're the one saying that a cooldown isn't an answer to what people want, not me.

    Also, what do you mean I play spirit? I barely even touch her, her and hag are probably my least played killer, I mostly play Huntress/Pig/Plague, and even if I did play spirit, what point would that even make? Oh yaaaa, I forgot people like to try and dismiss others based on how they play the game, sounds like a weak attempt to invalidate what someone is saying, good one champ, keep it up.

    Nobody said positive buffs only. Changing the M2-m1 transition, but improving either the turning, travel speed, hitbox, or even killer instinct effect. There is a number of things that could have been tinkered with. Not saying ALL of them but maybe just one.

    You used to play spirit then. It’s not to invalidate you its just saying that its nerfing something that isn’t necessarily the most powerful thing that could be nerfed.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1651442#Comment_1651442

    Nobody said positive buffs only. Changing the M2-m1 transition, but improving either the turning, travel speed, hitbox, or even killer instinct effect. There is a number of things that could have been tinkered with. Not saying ALL of them but maybe just one.

    You used to play spirit then. It’s not to invalidate you its just saying that its nerfing something that isn’t necessarily the most powerful thing that could be nerfed.

    No, I have never been a spirit main, I have no idea why you think I play spirit or have ever played spirit a lot, I've played less than 50 matches with her.

  • @Kira15233 said:

    We all knew this day was coming, sadly, devs listen too much the survivor community, he can't bait anymore, only decent thing about his changed is POTD being slightly shorter, welp, I'm done with the survivor community, time to mori them when I play killer

    If they listened to the survivor community, they'd have acknowledged one of our many posts complaining about the bug where you're working on a gen and then randomly afflicted with torment, which PH then abuses to either cage or mori. Too bad if he can't bait. People were tired of the lose/lose situations. Your threat to just mori isn't much, considering you probably do that anyway, and moris are going to be re-worked in teh future too. That's already a done deal. If you're so upset over this change, then perhaps you should try playing a different killer, because you sound like you only play PH. Not to mention, you were literally just handed all these incredible new killer meta perks with Blight, Billy's nerf was anything butt, because you guys complained, and, as a result, Bubba needed a bigger buff so that people wouldn't continue to ignore him because billy was obviously still better. So much for killer-sided. Why? Because they didn't nerf Decisive Strike again?

  • @kylerabdcgamer10 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1642983#Comment_1642983

    I bet you use the pussy build, like adrenalin, decisive strike, deadhard and borrowed time all toped off with either a flashlight or toolbox with a brand-new part

    Actually I don't, my main build is Dead Hard, Iron Will, Spince Chill, and Resilience. I also don't see why my build has to do with playing against Pyramid Head being a complete guessing game for survivor.

  • @indieeden7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1651403#Comment_1651403

    Actually I don't, my main build is Dead Hard, Iron Will, Spince Chill, and Resilience. I also don't see why my build has to do with playing against Pyramid Head being a complete guessing game for survivor.

    Lets be real thats a pretty strong chase build for survivor. Extremely powerful against the low tier killers.

    Hell iron will creates a guessing game for killer too.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1651972#Comment_1651972

    Lets be real thats a pretty strong chase build for survivor. Extremely powerful against the low tier killers.

    Hell iron will creates a guessing game for killer too.

    True as that may be, I wouldn't describe it as a "pussy build" as the lovely kyle put it. I would say it takes some skill to use and some skill to beat. All in all, I just don't appreciate people making assumptions about me just because I think that faking your power as some killers feels cheap to play against as survivor.

  • On mobile so can’t make a new discussion..

    changes confirmed, cooldown gone from 2.75s to 2.25s EXACTLY AS I CALLED IT!

    After cancelling M2, 1 second of 110% movement speed and 1 second delay to M1

    So a 1 second delay to his hit for 0.5s off his cooldown

    ”wE tOtAlLy DoNt mEan To nUrf hIm Guyz”

    Sure you didn’t, sure you didn’t. We all saw this coming a mile off. This update was done for survivors and nobody else.

  • Pathetic update literally shameful that it took 8 months.

    We need new or more balance devs.

    Nothing but nerfs with fake useless "buffs"

  • time to say. "byeeee pyramed head devs thaks for killing him"

  • @indieeden7 said:

    I mean, it doesn't even affect players that didn't use cheap tactics, you shouldn't benefit by not using your power.

    actually your wrong it buffs players that didn't use cheap tactics

  • @crixus006 said:

    time to say. "byeeee pyramed head devs thaks for killing him"

    They haven’t killed him yet. This is just the first blow.

    Check these forums and Otzdarva’s chat. They’re going for the jugular on this one. No mercy until he’s unrecognizable.

    Dear survivors please, I’m begging you...

    https://youtu.be/UcZzlPGnKdU


1 … 3 4 5 ›