Time to uninstall.

I don’t expect people to care as I haven’t been on this forum for a long time, but I’m still going to post my thoughts.

I’ve played this game for a long time, on both sides. I have bought every single DLC chapter and have spent way more money on cosmetics than I’d like to admit, but recently I just don’t have fun and it’s because of the people I’m forced to play with or against. I was so excited for Felix and the graphics update but 90% of the matches I’ve had since the update have been with killers that either face camp or tunnel. I expect to see this once in a while but not almost every single match. Maybe I’m being extremely unlucky with whatever server I’m being put on, but I’m having a terrible time and I’m finding myself getting annoyed which is something I don’t want any game to do to me. So it’s time to bow out.

It is sad as I truly do love this game and the hard work put into cosmetics etc but I just can’t cope with the absolute shitfest that is the player base. It’s not as bad for a killer, but I didn’t buy or invest in this game to only play one role.

Also, it’s not always me being face camped, in fact, it’s rarely me. But being in those matches still drags me down as it’s no fun having to just sit on generators whilst your team are camped at the hook. Where is the fun? This game is called Dead By Daylight, not generator simulator.

Hopefully the rest of you are having better matches and maybe I will return but I can’t see it being anytime soon. I’m completely drained by constantly going against people who’s sole goal is to make people have a terrible time.

Daisy,

👋🏻 💚

Comments

  • @cluelessclaudette said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1616199#Comment_1616199

    I'm not OP but I'm rank 3 for both roles and I just got the game July 1st (Steam sale). This game is "easy", but that being said, the "solo queue survivor" ranges from absolute garbage to great once in a while.

    But ever since crossplay was enabled, I've noticed console killers will expedite kills ASAP. Many of them camp, and many of them mori spam on down 2 (one hook). It's dumb and I used to love this game back in the low ranks but then when I unlocked all the meta perks for both sides and got really good, I realized this game is extremely "meh" at high level play. But I still play it.

    But the crossplay tunnel+camp+mori makes the game demoralizing. I don't want to log on and I am almost done my rift/battle pass, but I'm contemplating permanently uninstalling. I got my 300 hours worth, maybe it's just time to move on.

    Turn off cross play

  • It's always funny to me to see these posts. The game is so survivor sided that if you're having trouble it says more about you than the killer. All survivors have to do is run a meta build and run to the over abundance of pallets and various other loops on the map over and over while the rest of the team rushes gens. I don't and never will feel sorry for any survivors. Killers do what they have to do and run whatever they have to run to try and counter the survivors bs then you see the survivors crying about it here. DBD has to be there only asymmetrical mp game where the "power role " is anything but. Probably not a popular opinion but nobody can change my mind and I can't change yours. So the cycle continues. Such is the dbd experience. If you wanna leave more power to you, but I'd bet my last dime you, just like the rest of us, will always crawl back. Maybe not today or tomorrow but you'll be back.

  • Maybe just take a break. There have been two times that I have taken a break from the game and sometimes it's needed. Come back in a month, for example and then decide. If you spend so much time and money on the game, don't give it up forever.

  • Glad you are only taking a break.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1620043#Comment_1620043

    I don't believe that at all. That is not my experience. It is a bloodbath massacre 75% of the time. Then, due to EGC, the last survivor is guaranteed to die trying to open the gates.

    Maybe at low ranks but not at rank 1.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    You are the kind that have been ignored for a long time. A solo survivor is at an extreme disadvantage with all the survivor nerfs vs killer buffs and stronger killer perks that have been done. Without SWAT level coordination and genrushing, you are guaranteed to lose.

    Then how do i survive most of the time as solo survivor?

  • Wrong. I've been watching rank 1 since 2016 and I see the bloodbaths. These survivors are not new, several hundred hours I am playing with dying and they are not necessarily making bad plays. They shouldn't be dying so easy every match. The killers are too fast, too many aura perks, too many slowdown perks, not enough defenses on maps anymore, and killers have way too much of an upper hand in a solo game. Don't pretend it is not a problem!

    @Demonl3y said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1616226#Comment_1616226

    Then how do i survive most of the time as solo survivor?

    You are not.

  • @ScienceGirl said:

    I don’t expect people to care as I haven’t been on this forum for a long time, but I’m still going to post my thoughts.

    I’ve played this game for a long time, on both sides. I have bought every single DLC chapter and have spent way more money on cosmetics than I’d like to admit, but recently I just don’t have fun and it’s because of the people I’m forced to play with or against. I was so excited for Felix and the graphics update but 90% of the matches I’ve had since the update have been with killers that either face camp or tunnel. I expect to see this once in a while but not almost every single match. Maybe I’m being extremely unlucky with whatever server I’m being put on, but I’m having a terrible time and I’m finding myself getting annoyed which is something I don’t want any game to do to me. So it’s time to bow out.

    It is sad as I truly do love this game and the hard work put into cosmetics etc but I just can’t cope with the absolute shitfest that is the player base. It’s not as bad for a killer, but I didn’t buy or invest in this game to only play one role.

    Also, it’s not always me being face camped, in fact, it’s rarely me. But being in those matches still drags me down as it’s no fun having to just sit on generators whilst your team are camped at the hook. Where is the fun? This game is called Dead By Daylight, not generator simulator.

    Hopefully the rest of you are having better matches and maybe I will return but I can’t see it being anytime soon. I’m completely drained by constantly going against people who’s sole goal is to make people have a terrible time.

    Daisy,

    👋🏻 💚

    camping and tunnelling are the two most effective tactics to kill a (single) survivor.

    Especially at low ranks, this translates to multiple kills, since survivors don't know where gens are / don't work on them for reasons / try to do crazy saves without BT.


    At high ranks this is slightly different, since you won't see face camping, but proxy camping, which is much more deadly. Problem is that proxy camping and tunnelling at high ranks are a by-product of swf teams and/or gen rushing → killers get conditioned to be awful, like slug even at 5 gens, because one mistake can lead to a total loss.


    With this in mind, since you are talking about face camping I have to assume you are low to mid rank.

    Now, there are two ways for you to have fun and counter these killers in low to mid rank: play swf with even a single team mate that has BT, or git gud and use a build that basically makes you self sufficient: borrowed time, decisive strike, unbreakable, deliverance - you make sure you are not the first one to be hooked, then you go for a save even against a face camper, and then you are golden.


    ...or play Civilization 5.

  • @Xyvielia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1619950#Comment_1619950

    Killers are really jus complaining about SWF matches whenever you hear someone saying, “Survivor Sided!” When we make that differentiation, acknowledging that the game isn’t at all “Solo sided,” then real discussions regarding change can be brought to the table and a solution will be discovered.

    The devs should kno this, and I’m sure that they do... after all, they didn’t only create this game, they also play it every day, jus like us.

    SWF has caused killers to complain frequently, as well as it has caused them to alter their play style to try an combat a team perked with coms who are ALL on the same page at all times throughout the match.

    If this means, tunneling, camping, slugging, ebony’s, iri’s, OP builds & addons, etc., then that’s what they’re willing to do.

    They feel threatened and bullied by SWFs jus like all of we who choose to main Solo, at times, feel bullied by killers who have their anti-SWF build/ mindset on as they go into the trial prepared for a squad of relentless com’d up dominance.

    Solo has gotten less fun as devs have nerfed perks that helped a team of randoms out of tough matches.

    I wish killers (especially mains) would realize, jus like I and many others have, that Solo survivors also got heavily setback from the inclusion of SWF into DBD.

    Devs have to find a way to benefit an balance the game for all 3 parties... SWF, Solo & Killer.

    I trust that they’ll do jus that, eventually.

    I really do have faith in them.

    also I completely agree with you. swf and merciless killers go hand in hand, but there's just no solution to this.

    We will never have separate queues, and we'll never have a "swf" icon on the pre-lobby screen so... everybody will just assume the worst.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1620775#Comment_1620775

    Wrong. I've been watching rank 1 since 2016 and I see the bloodbaths. These survivors are not new, several hundred hours I am playing with dying and they are not necessarily making bad plays. They shouldn't be dying so easy every match. The killers are too fast, too many aura perks, too many slowdown perks, not enough defenses on maps anymore, and killers have way too much of an upper hand in a solo game. Don't pretend it is not a problem!

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1620790#Comment_1620790

    You are not.

    How will you know ? You dont have to right to talk abour stuff like that you know nothing about. Just because you lose everytime, it doesnt mean everyone loses everytime. I win 70-80% of my solo survivor games and you cant change that fact.

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1619453#Comment_1619453

    Exactly why DS needs to be basekit. The timer shouldn't go down in a chase, you should be able to use it EVERY time you get unhooked, and the timer shouldn't go down in a chase as well. However, DS should deactivate if you touch a gen, fully heal, or when someone else is hooked.

    Yes this is a good Idea, why we don't have this alredy. That would be so good for the game.

  • @BabyDweetMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1619950#Comment_1619950

    I literally had that same game. I had a huntress with iri head, infantry belt and a ebony Mori. One guy dc'ed. I kept her busy for 1 gen until she took to my team mates and downed them. Hooked one in basement and camped the slugged one instead of hooking since he was also downed near basement. I was able to unhook but she got me with her iri head hatchet in the basement and slugged me for the injured guy who just got off hook just so she could Mori us all. I disconnected because I wasn't giving her that Mori. I wasted my last anniversary cake but I didn't want her to get that Mori on me she was so desperate and sweaty to get. I wasn't going to get that many bloodpoints from it anyway.

    She then proceeded to GG ez us and laughed at our foul mood since all of our fun was ruined by that game. She thought it was funny. I exited the game and went to play overwatch. My mood to play dbd was killed.

    I'm on a break from DbD. Probably won't be back until 2021. Are you console or PC in Overwatch? If console: drats. But I also play Paladins, which has crossplay.

    Also, check out Spellbreak. Coming from a fella that usually dislikes BRs, it's very, very fun. Especially all the elemental interactions not only between your two gauntlets, but also triple interactions when in a Squad (and Duos come in this week). Spellbreak is also crossplay.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Face camping, camping and tunneling are a part of the game.

    I just wish the Devs would add this warning to the hint screen and have it pop up more often than others the way the mobile Devs do.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/B9B7H2I8S4HW/image.png

    It truly is a shame.

    Good luck and hope you'll come back.

    If they added that, they would have to end with. "He is likely running NOED though, so only one of you is likely to survive. If you take the time to cleanse totems, that gives the killer time for a third kill. If you don't, he will likely get 1 to 2 more anyways. Good Luck!"

    Camping and tunneling to extreme is the number 1 thing that drove me to become a killer main years ago. It's boring and quite broken with the right perks. SWF is the only answer, which I think also dampens the horror aspect. Not knowing what the others are doing is part of the fun. But, that's why solo play is dying. I face more and more SWF now than ever before.

  • I’ve been having a lot less fun recently, In the 8 games i played today. 6 Tunnled and 4 Brung Moris.

  • @Demonl3y said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1620802#Comment_1620802

    How will you know ? You dont have to right to talk abour stuff like that you know nothing about. Just because you lose everytime, it doesnt mean everyone loses everytime. I win 70-80% of my solo survivor games and you cant change that fact.

    I know well enough about this game to know you are lying.

  • I've spent 800 hours as a solo survivor main. Unfortunately the devs do not care about tunneling or camping, as proven by the fact they consider it a "legitimate strategy", even though it is something that harms the game and its community. It's just one of the reasons I cannot gain respect for the devs.

    But don't worry, I'm sure the next update will benefit killers again. The next chapter will provide more broken synergy perks and give the survivor useless ones, again.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1620775#Comment_1620775

    Wrong. I've been watching rank 1 since 2016 and I see the bloodbaths. These survivors are not new, several hundred hours I am playing with dying and they are not necessarily making bad plays. They shouldn't be dying so easy every match. The killers are too fast, too many aura perks, too many slowdown perks, not enough defenses on maps anymore, and killers have way too much of an upper hand in a solo game. Don't pretend it is not a problem!

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1620790#Comment_1620790

    You are not.

    I'm not watching them, I've actually been playing them for years, and that isn't the case at all.

    This is a player skill issue, not a balance issue. Survivor is currently the power role and it isn't even close. I play both sides at rank 1.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1620802#Comment_1620802

    I'm not watching them, I've actually been playing them for years, and that isn't the case at all.

    This is a player skill issue, not a balance issue. Survivor is currently the power role and it isn't even close. I play both sides at rank 1.

    Me too. You got beat by a well coordinated SWF that specifically genrushed and ignored all other aspects of the game and you claim the game is survivor sided and is the power role. I don't see that being a balance metric, as you are leaving out the majority of the survivor playerbase.

    As a matter of fact, I hardly play killer anymore because there is no challenge! I know I am going to stump every single match unless it is a well coordinated SWF and even then I pull out some tricks and beat them (ie. tunneling, camping, slugging).

    Solo is the only challenge and I'm noticing a very unhealthy trend.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1620815#Comment_1620815

    I know well enough about this game to know you are lying.

    how will you know i am lying ? And why should i? Dont talk trash you know nothing about.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1620877#Comment_1620877

    Me too. You got beat by a well coordinated SWF that specifically genrushed and ignored all other aspects of the game and you claim the game is survivor sided and is the power role. I don't see that being a balance metric, as you are leaving out the majority of the survivor playerbase.

    As a matter of fact, I hardly play killer anymore because there is no challenge! I know I am going to stump every single match unless it is a well coordinated SWF and even then I pull out some tricks and beat them (ie. tunneling, camping, slugging).

    Solo is the only challenge and I'm noticing a very unhealthy trend.

    "You got beat by a well coordinated SWF that specifically genrushed and ignored all other aspects of the game and you claim the game is survivor sided and is the power role."

    What are you talking about? I haven't even mentioned anything about SWF nor has that anything to do with my opinion at all.

    You jumped to a conclusion based a presumption about me that isn't actually true.

    "I don't see that being a balance metric, as you are leaving out the majority of the survivor playerbase."

    I never said or implied it was a metric at all. You completely made this assumption on your own.

    "As a matter of fact, I hardly play killer anymore because there is no challenge! I know I am going to stump every single match unless it is a well coordinated SWF and even then I pull out some tricks and beat them (ie. tunneling, camping, slugging)."

    No one who actually plays killer at any significant level or amount believes this. Mind linking your stats on your profile to back this up?

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1620893#Comment_1620893

    "You got beat by a well coordinated SWF that specifically genrushed and ignored all other aspects of the game and you claim the game is survivor sided and is the power role."

    What are you talking about? I haven't even mentioned anything about SWF nor has that anything to do with my opinion at all.

    You jumped to a conclusion based a presumption about me that isn't actually true.

    "I don't see that being a balance metric, as you are leaving out the majority of the survivor playerbase."

    I never said or implied it was a metric at all. You completely made this assumption on your own.

    "As a matter of fact, I hardly play killer anymore because there is no challenge! I know I am going to stump every single match unless it is a well coordinated SWF and even then I pull out some tricks and beat them (ie. tunneling, camping, slugging)."

    No one who actually plays killer at any significant level or amount believes this. Mind linking your stats on your profile to back this up?

    If you are part of a killer-centric circle-fest how will you know anything else? Several of my long-time friends won't touch the game because they feel the killer is too powerful. A decent killer that knows the ins-and outs is way too oppressive. They got sick of the never-ending survivor nerfs. They had several hundred hours before quitting, one had thousands. They won't touch the game and now hate the game.

    I'm not about to link my profile but I am on the first page of the DBD leaderboards if you so desire.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1620909#Comment_1620909

    If you are part of a killer-centric circle-fest how will you know anything else? Several of my long-time friends won't touch the game because they feel the killer is too powerful. A decent killer that knows the ins-and outs is way too oppressive. They got sick of the never-ending survivor nerfs. They had several hundred hours before quitting, one had thousands. They won't touch the game and now hate the game.

    I'm not about to link my profile but I am on the first page of the DBD leaderboards if you so desire.

    "If you are part of a killer-centric circle-fest how will you know anything else?"

    And what makes you think I am apart of that? As I've already said, I also have played survivor at rank 1 for years with thousands of hours. Just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I surround myself in some killer main gossip fest. I've just played the game long enough on both sides to have a better view of its balance.

    "Several of my long-time friends won't touch the game because they feel the killer is too powerful."

    Then they haven't played the game very much.

    "A decent killer that knows the ins-and outs is way too oppressive."

    No one with a decent amount of hours and high rank experience would agree with this statement.

    "They got sick of the never-ending survivor nerfs."

    Because in general survivors have been too strong for a very long time and still are.

    "They had several hundred hours before quitting, one had thousands."

    Hundreds is quite little and if he had thousands he definitely didn't play much killer.

    "I'm not about to link my profile but I am on the first page of the DBD leaderboards if you so desire."

    I looked up your profile and it confirms most my thoughts I presented here.

  • @Kilmeran said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1620251#Comment_1620251

    I'm on a break from DbD. Probably won't be back until 2021. Are you console or PC in Overwatch? If console: drats. But I also play Paladins, which has crossplay.

    Also, check out Spellbreak. Coming from a fella that usually dislikes BRs, it's very, very fun. Especially all the elemental interactions not only between your two gauntlets, but also triple interactions when in a Squad (and Duos come in this week). Spellbreak is also crossplay.

    I used to be pc but now I play dbd and overwatch on console. (Xbox one). I also play ESO (Elder Scrolls Online) because I've been a skyrim and oblivion fan for so long and ESO is amazing. I actually switched from World of Warcraft after 10 years of that game. These games are a good break from DBD when the toxicity gets me. I usually jump on overwatch and blow people up as Junkrat to get my anger out lol.

  • @ScienceGirl said:

    I don’t expect people to care as I haven’t been on this forum for a long time, but I’m still going to post my thoughts.

    I’ve played this game for a long time, on both sides. I have bought every single DLC chapter and have spent way more money on cosmetics than I’d like to admit, but recently I just don’t have fun and it’s because of the people I’m forced to play with or against. I was so excited for Felix and the graphics update but 90% of the matches I’ve had since the update have been with killers that either face camp or tunnel. I expect to see this once in a while but not almost every single match. Maybe I’m being extremely unlucky with whatever server I’m being put on, but I’m having a terrible time and I’m finding myself getting annoyed which is something I don’t want any game to do to me. So it’s time to bow out.

    It is sad as I truly do love this game and the hard work put into cosmetics etc but I just can’t cope with the absolute shitfest that is the player base. It’s not as bad for a killer, but I didn’t buy or invest in this game to only play one role.

    Also, it’s not always me being face camped, in fact, it’s rarely me. But being in those matches still drags me down as it’s no fun having to just sit on generators whilst your team are camped at the hook. Where is the fun? This game is called Dead By Daylight, not generator simulator.

    Hopefully the rest of you are having better matches and maybe I will return but I can’t see it being anytime soon. I’m completely drained by constantly going against people who’s sole goal is to make people have a terrible time.

    Daisy,

    👋🏻 💚

    As a killer who's been playing survivor I know what u mean and tbh I'm not enjoying playing either side. And problem is I being a rank 16 killer am going up against rank 4 to 1 survivors and I keep getting destroyed, like they win the game but they tbag me and message me saying gg ez it's annoying to run into these survivors and just have them purposely going out of there way to loop me round pallets and show how good they r. And when I play survivor I get killers that tunnel me down evertime out all the games I've played (which is like 79 hours) I've only escaped 10 out of the possible hundreds. It feels horrible and why Im tempted to do the same

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1620815#Comment_1620815

    I know well enough about this game to know you are lying.

    I get out just as much maybe you just suck.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/191145/time-to-uninstall

    If your going to uninstall just do it, why do we need a story?

    Because I wanted to. Just like how you felt the need to post this unneeded comment. 😉

  • @Nobsyde said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/191145/time-to-uninstall

    camping and tunnelling are the two most effective tactics to kill a (single) survivor.

    Especially at low ranks, this translates to multiple kills, since survivors don't know where gens are / don't work on them for reasons / try to do crazy saves without BT.

    At high ranks this is slightly different, since you won't see face camping, but proxy camping, which is much more deadly. Problem is that proxy camping and tunnelling at high ranks are a by-product of swf teams and/or gen rushing → killers get conditioned to be awful, like slug even at 5 gens, because one mistake can lead to a total loss.

    With this in mind, since you are talking about face camping I have to assume you are low to mid rank.

    Now, there are two ways for you to have fun and counter these killers in low to mid rank: play swf with even a single team mate that has BT, or git gud and use a build that basically makes you self sufficient: borrowed time, decisive strike, unbreakable, deliverance - you make sure you are not the first one to be hooked, then you go for a save even against a face camper, and then you are golden.

    ...or play Civilization 5.

    I’m a red rank survivor and killer. Trust me, I’ve heard it all before. And I’ve already replied in this thread with arguments against what you’ve just said, so I’m not saying it again.

  • You are misunderstanding what I said. I said that many hours to have a good understanding of the game balance, not to have a fair shot a winning. Those are not synonymous.

    You clearly didn't look up my profile because it doesn't actually show that. If you still think it does then elaborate what specifically on my profile says killer main.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1621013#Comment_1621013

    You are misunderstanding what I said. I said that many hours to have a good understanding of the game balance, not to have a fair shot a winning. Those are not synonymous.

    You clearly didn't look up my profile because it doesn't actually show that. If you still think it does then elaborate what specifically on my profile says killer main.

    You didn't answer my question. What grade are you in?

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1621019#Comment_1621019

    You didn't answer my question. What grade are you in?

    Because you were trying to insult the other person.

    I'm currently finishing a masters in the medical field as well as holding multiple other certifications and licenses as well.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    Yeah, the camping and tunneling part of this game is the reason I don't invite any friends to play this game, and it's the reason the friends I've made in this game no longer play.

    Thank you BHVR.

    "tUnNELiNG aND CaMPiNg Is A StrATeGY"

    - Some Dead by Daylight developer.

    It's a real sad day to be alive, to be honest. I wish this game finally took a turn for the good... Ugh.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1621022#Comment_1621022

    Because you were trying to insult the other person.

    I'm currently finishing a masters in the medical field as well as holding multiple other certifications and licenses as well.

    Ok. That is very good. Don't quit.

  • @behave_pt said:

    I really wish before people made posts like this that they'd at least play killer for like a whole week. Everything survivors complain about they'll end up doing when they play killer. This is inevitable and the worst part is you wont even realize it. Also everyone has a different experience do not judge certain roles or even the game as a whole on yours alone.

    Exactly.

    My profile has many ranting and raving posts from survivors, when you check their profile (if it is not hidden or everything locked down) they have 200 kills and under with every survivor achievement unlocked.

    Most of the community is clueless because they refuse to play the side they abuse knowing full well that they will get the same treatment if they do.

  • @votepsi said:

    I agree a lot of killers seem to have their fun by denying the enjoyment of survivors.

    A lot of killer main streamers/YouTubers seem to encourage this kind of behaviour.

    I don't understand why camping doesn't slow down hook process, or at least buff camaraderie to counter camping.

    Yeah, that happens when the comunity just breeds the "US VS THEM!!" mentality, especially with mains being so noisy all the time.

  • @behave_pt said:

    I really wish before people made posts like this that they'd at least play killer for like a whole week. Everything survivors complain about they'll end up doing when they play killer. This is inevitable and the worst part is you wont even realize it. Also everyone has a different experience do not judge certain roles or even the game as a whole on yours alone.

    Yeah because the devs allow the toxicity in this game to go unchecked. I love dbd but in a lot of games teabagging is a banable offense because it's considered unsportsmanlike conduct. I feel if dbd actually punished toxic players instead of allowed it to happen you wouldn't have the long queue times. I've known and played with people who just love to bully the killer. My solution is to get rid of players who are toxic and stop saying camping and tunneling is a legitimate strategy yeah 25% of the time it works but 75% of the time it doesn't work and you lose the game

  • @BabyDweetMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1620828#Comment_1620828

    I used to be pc but now I play dbd and overwatch on console. (Xbox one). I also play ESO (Elder Scrolls Online) because I've been a skyrim and oblivion fan for so long and ESO is amazing. I actually switched from World of Warcraft after 10 years of that game. These games are a good break from DBD when the toxicity gets me. I usually jump on overwatch and blow people up as Junkrat to get my anger out lol.

    Ahhh, Junkrat. I have around 200 hours on him alone. Next is Lucio. I have way too many hours over there. In the four digits worth. 🤣

    Lately, been playing mostly Dva, Zen, Brigiette, Ash, and Reaper in OW. Over in Paladins: Drogoz, Pip, and Raum. Still trying to see which gauntlet combos fit me best in Spellbreak. Right now I am leaning Fire/Toxic or Toxic/Wind.

    I'm on a break from DbD because the "cannot hook" bug was a final straw for me. I'll give them six months or so to maybe get their game healthy, and if they do will be happy to return. Playing Bug Russian Roulette every time they patch has worn me down.

  • You dont have to play. Only spend some money. ))

  • @Xyvielia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1620376#Comment_1620376

    Yeah, I turned off crossplay almost immediately... games were toxic, mismatched and unappealing.

    Never found tunneling or face camping the appropriate method for handling any situation in a match, either.

    I like the idea of the killer who is completely fed up with being a puppet for the entity and doing the entity’s bidding, an jus wants to have a fun time with the survivors.

    Isn’t it sadly amusing how they watch the survivors running to freedom, yet they’re barricaded from that very sensation by the big boss’ tentacles.

    Imaging all the killers teaming up to dispose of the entity so they can go back to a peaceful life, without someone telling them they’re forced to be maniacal murderers for the rest of their existence is pleasing, imo.

    Can you write this fanfic??? Please and thank you.

  • @ScienceGirl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1620806#Comment_1620806

    I’m a red rank survivor and killer. Trust me, I’ve heard it all before. And I’ve already replied in this thread with arguments against what you’ve just said, so I’m not saying it again.

    if you've heard it all before, then why are you here? I thought you were asking for help to enjoy the game and/or counter face camping.

    Is it just a goodbye letter? Ok, goodbye then! Don't be so angsty though :)

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1620815#Comment_1620815

    I know well enough about this game to know you are lying.

    I can give you some statistics for solo. The only thing wrong with solo right now is the mmr.

  • @Kilmeran said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1620973#Comment_1620973

    Ahhh, Junkrat. I have around 200 hours on him alone. Next is Lucio. I have way too many hours over there. In the four digits worth. 🤣

    Lately, been playing mostly Dva, Zen, Brigiette, Ash, and Reaper in OW. Over in Paladins: Drogoz, Pip, and Raum. Still trying to see which gauntlet combos fit me best in Spellbreak. Right now I am leaning Fire/Toxic or Toxic/Wind.

    I'm on a break from DbD because the "cannot hook" bug was a final straw for me. I'll give them six months or so to maybe get their game healthy, and if they do will be happy to return. Playing Bug Russian Roulette every time they patch has worn me down.

    I play mercy, brig, moira for support. Hanzo, Junkrat, mccree and echo for dps (sombra if I'm feeling spicy). And roadhog or sigma for tank.

    Yeah dbd is getting annoying to play. Every game its some old killer, never blight, who tunnels and camps, and brings a Mori each game and some op add-on. Its getting tiring. I had 7 moris in a row yesterday. Its getting out of hand.

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1620843#Comment_1620843

    I can give you some statistics for solo. The only thing wrong with solo right now is the mmr.

    I would like to see stats but all we have is a year old. Every killer was over 50%. At red ranks Freddy was close 80%. That's too high.

  • @Kilmeran said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1620973#Comment_1620973

    Ahhh, Junkrat. I have around 200 hours on him alone. Next is Lucio. I have way too many hours over there. In the four digits worth. 🤣

    Lately, been playing mostly Dva, Zen, Brigiette, Ash, and Reaper in OW. Over in Paladins: Drogoz, Pip, and Raum. Still trying to see which gauntlet combos fit me best in Spellbreak. Right now I am leaning Fire/Toxic or Toxic/Wind.

    I'm on a break from DbD because the "cannot hook" bug was a final straw for me. I'll give them six months or so to maybe get their game healthy, and if they do will be happy to return. Playing Bug Russian Roulette every time they patch has worn me down.

    Ashe is bae. I reached plat last season & had to take a break from OW because it was taking over my life when I decided to start going for diamond & so I came back to OW.

    Then I ran into like 4 moris yesterday and I'm back to wanting to go back to OW.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1616226#Comment_1616226

    This is just factually not true at all.

    I play strictly solo queue and we 3-4e at least 75% of the matches.

    Which rank ?

    Which server region ?

    Without those informations, this kind of answer is useless. It would be like saying that in LoL, top 500 players are awesome.

    High Diamond players in EU are better than top 500 USA players on this game... I'm pretty sure the OP is playing on EU servers.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    My guess is that you are low rank. And yes, there is camping in low ranks. My suggestion is to join a group you can SWF with and keep playing, so you can climb out of camping ranks. I very rare to see purple and red rank killers camp. As for tunneling... Happens in all ranks, so your best bet is to play with SWF who know how to unhook safely and coordinate hook states, as well as equip anitunnel perks.

    The camping is happening at EVERY level, in fact I messaged a rank 3 to ask why he camped at his level as he should be better than that - I got a BS answer, some lies which I called them out on before blocking them.

    Camping (and often tunnelling too) is getting much worse; I'm in the UK and we used to find that if we played before 5 or 6pm, we could generally have really good matches, but the later into the evening it got, the more it happened.

    Lately, we've played mid morning, mid afternoon, any time of day and I would say 8 out of 10 matches has seen the killer camp the hooks, most of which then tunnel the unhooked player.. Sometimes we know it was personal (such as my brother running a killer while several gens were completed - killer's fault for getting locked into a chase). Other times, I think its because they played party streamers or a gateaux slice and were thinking if they guarantee kills they get more points - they would have got even more if instead of camping, they'd pressured gens, got into chases and allowed saves so they can hook the survivors again.

    I play with friends and we tell our team if we're being camped so they can go and do gens, cleanse totems (NOED), do a co-op save or if necessary, just leave rather than feed the killer an easy hook but when you're frequently first one hooked, then camped and tunnelled and out of the game in less time than it took to actually get the lobby, you wonder why you bother playing.


    @ScienceGirl said:

    I don’t expect people to care as I haven’t been on this forum for a long time, but I’m still going to post my thoughts.

    I’ve played this game for a long time, on both sides. I have bought every single DLC chapter and have spent way more money on cosmetics than I’d like to admit, but recently I just don’t have fun and it’s because of the people I’m forced to play with or against. I was so excited for Felix and the graphics update but 90% of the matches I’ve had since the update have been with killers that either face camp or tunnel. I expect to see this once in a while but not almost every single match. Maybe I’m being extremely unlucky with whatever server I’m being put on, but I’m having a terrible time and I’m finding myself getting annoyed which is something I don’t want any game to do to me. So it’s time to bow out.

    It is sad as I truly do love this game and the hard work put into cosmetics etc but I just can’t cope with the absolute shitfest that is the player base. It’s not as bad for a killer, but I didn’t buy or invest in this game to only play one role.

    Also, it’s not always me being face camped, in fact, it’s rarely me. But being in those matches still drags me down as it’s no fun having to just sit on generators whilst your team are camped at the hook. Where is the fun? This game is called Dead By Daylight, not generator simulator.

    Hopefully the rest of you are having better matches and maybe I will return but I can’t see it being anytime soon. I’m completely drained by constantly going against people who’s sole goal is to make people have a terrible time.

    Daisy,

    👋🏻 💚

    I took a really long break from this game after I got sick of the camping and tunnelling, the DCs and a load of other BS that was spoiling the game. I was eventually persuaded to return to it months down the line, but right now, I'm taking another break because of various bugs, glitches, and the BS from survivors and killers alike. I'm hoping that, with the next update, they fix these bugs (I did see a comment that there was supposed to be a patch next week which will address these issues but sadly it can't fix the camping and tunnelling - only the killer players can do that and they don't want to.

  • One less crying survivor 👋🏻👋🏻👋🏻

  • @BabyDweetMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1621125#Comment_1621125

    I play mercy, brig, moira for support. Hanzo, Junkrat, mccree and echo for dps (sombra if I'm feeling spicy). And roadhog or sigma for tank.

    Yeah dbd is getting annoying to play. Every game its some old killer, never blight, who tunnels and camps, and brings a Mori each game and some op add-on. Its getting tiring. I had 7 moris in a row yesterday. Its getting out of hand.

    @mintchapstick said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1621125#Comment_1621125

    Ashe is bae. I reached plat last season & had to take a break from OW because it was taking over my life when I decided to start going for diamond & so I came back to OW.

    Then I ran into like 4 moris yesterday and I'm back to wanting to go back to OW.

    Last time I played Survivor, around a week ago, four out of five of my matches that day were against Ghostface, and all four had an Ebony. I was like: Yep, this is why I play killer.

    Then I hit the killer issues, and I'm like: Yep, this is why I play Overwatch. 😂

    I don't even know what's going to happen to me and DbD in 2021. Overwatch, Paladins, and Spellbreak have my attention with the Friends & Family group (they don't care for asymmetrical games), and I'm wagering that Overwatch 2 will drop in May 2021, since that would be the 5th Anniversary for "Overwatch," and Blizzard loves their dates that way. So, come 2021 either way, OW2 will have my attention for the new Heroes, new maps, new PvP mode, and the PvE.

  • The game idea is fun, but the way it is able to be played right now is ridiculous. GG bhvr

  • For my part, but this is only my experience in red rank, it seems to me that disconnections and suicides are much more common. And yes, also in these ranks camping and tunneling are not uncommon at all. A disconnection, a suicide, a killer camping or tunneling, it's almost systematic.

    I've been playing a lot less for a few weeks now. Usually, I'm disgusted from the first game, so I close it.

    The survivors are starting to get really... exhausted, and I understand them.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1620775#Comment_1620775

    Wrong. I've been watching rank 1 since 2016 and I see the bloodbaths. These survivors are not new, several hundred hours I am playing with dying and they are not necessarily making bad plays. They shouldn't be dying so easy every match. The killers are too fast, too many aura perks, too many slowdown perks, not enough defenses on maps anymore, and killers have way too much of an upper hand in a solo game. Don't pretend it is not a problem!

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1620790#Comment_1620790

    You are not.

    Flawless Fictory

1 2 3