So.. Pyramid head will soon be changed.

According to the Q&A stream Devs are monitoring PH. Most likely PH will get "minor changes" (still getting nurse flashbacks)...

Let us remember what so many people have complained about.  I personally can only remember two specific things:


  1. Canceling Rites of Judgment (switching from M2 to M1) has a cooldown of 0.5 seconds. According to many people here this is much too low, because PH can simply fake his M2 without any punishment (0.5 seconds is not really noticeable). The legendary "get hit or get hit"-Situation was born.
  2. PH can negate a lot of perks because of his cages. Especially DS and BT users are NOT happy about that.


So what could they change to make people happy again? Increase the cooldown from 0.5 to 1 second? 1.5 second? 2 seconds? Yeah.. I don't know what they're planning, but a higher cooldown most likely means that he can no longer fake his ability. Since this is his TRUE STRENGTH, such a change would make him drop from tier A to tier C in no time (since I am not a friend of tiers this is only to illustrate that he would lose much of his viability).

So if the cooldown should be increased, then he should get something in return. I don't know what that could be, but just increasing the cooldown alone would kill PH. I don't even want to talk about the scond point. He has a unique ability and that is a good thing imo. But that alone doesn't make a good killer and I really hope that they don't mess him up.


What do you think about it? Will I soon be a sad PH main or will they find a good solution without ruining it completely? 

Comments

  • @Zozzy said:

    If they increase the cancel time, they need to decrease the attack time of his ability. You literally can't hit a survivor who is not locked in animation or stuck in a tight space with his ability.

    If survivors want to increase the CD, then his ability needs to be instant damage.

    That's just not true. The increase in cancel is to stop the constant fakes that leave survivors unable to do anything.

    If you can't hit people with PHs ability it's because you are bad at the game. His attack speed is fine. It's the fact that he could stick his sword in the ground, not be slowed at all, then if you wiggled to avoid his ability he would just cancel and M1 you. I think the cancel on his ability should be 3 seconds. If you have stuck your sword in the ground it's because you want to scrape the ground or use your ability. No more PH chasing me with his sword in the ground.

  • And not ever person playing killer is going to be tournament level.

    To be honest you dont need to be a tourney squad. Just 3-4 man swf is good because when they know one is in chase the rest sit on gens, and theres no “skill” to gens, what I mean by that is whether you have 10,000 hours or 10 hours on the game everyone does them at the same speed. So as long as you can sit on gens while a survivor is being chased you’re doing great for your team.

    I play on PC on EU servers though and for the people that display their game time on their profiles it’s mostly 2,600 hours - 6,400 hours I’ve seen on survivors recently, which is about the same playtime all the tourny players had.

  • @Leachy_Jr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1614661#Comment_1614661

    He is pretty known to be the 3rd best killer. So a big nerf wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility. His add ons I find don't do much other than range, he's still 3rd best even without add ons.

    Plus he counters survivor crutches, and we all know how the devs respond to something that effects the survivor perk meta.

    No......just no. PH is nowhere near even top tier anymore. In public test server he was very much op but day one of release they needed him into the ground only to slightly buff his chances not him personally by removing the cage aura. As a rank 2 killer main I can assure you this game is one hundred percent entitled survivor sided, every patch even killer buffs comes with survivor "balances" that practically make that said killer buff useless and I've been playing since 2016. As with "outplaying" a killer that just doesn't happen at hi ranks of you're alone and not a swf I will always 100 percent get you survivors just think they are playing well when they use DS or SC or even just blendette into a bush they still consider that "outplaying" a killer it's not it's a crutch which survivors look more like a table at this point with so many legs to stand on. Back to my original point if you can't counter PH play killer for a while as he is literally the easiest killer aside from a bad Billy to dodge hell I'm the worst survivor in the world and I don't think since pH was released that he has killed me yet as he's just not what he was supposed to be originally because survivors were complaining back in ptr about him and they stealth nerfed him day one because of it. FEEL SPECIAL ENTITLED SURVIVORS THE DEVS ONLY CARE FOR YOU. I mean what's the next patch notes gonna say "removed killers from the game entirely as they were just not working out in our campfire teabag simulator." Garbage survivors lol it's funny they can swf talk to friends get the ONLY broken perks in the game and then complain if you chase them too long or camp them. My name is killer not your friend there is only one thing a killer needs to do is kill. I make sure to kill swfs first and hang one I'll face camp the hell out of them for even trying to be cheap and then good luck getting them off as I routinely get four kill games that same way because instead of playing the objective you guys always come for your friend in mass it's good bait.

  • Ok if they change him how about this the time it takes to cancel power increases to 1.25 from .5s. Changed addons. Such as the eggs rusted egg surivors in a cage suffer from exausted for 90s.

    Scarlet egg surivors in a cage suffer from mangled untill healed

    Obsidain goblet surivors in a cage suffer from broken for 60s and slightly reduce repair speed for 60s

    And the last change punishment of the damed attacks quicker

  • @Xyex said:

    "0.5 second cooldown"

    I really wish people would stop spreading this. Yes, I know it's on the wiki, but it's still WRONG. It's 1 second. Double the length of the misinformation. Still short, yes, but a second is a decent amount of time in DBD.

    Where does this information come from? Have you tried it? Do you have any sources? Simply saying that it is false information adds no value to this discussion.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1614638#Comment_1614638

    What argument is that?

    I'm sorry, you can't tunnel with other killers or what i'm supposed to get from this comment? Here's a better understanding of your comment:

    "If they take away the ability to negate DS, I can't play scummy anymore and not give a single F about half of the survivor perks !"

    "He'll immediately be F" tier - So.... going with this....Nurse, Spirit, Freddy, are three of the strongest killers in the game. They don't negate DS. Are they weak because they can't negate it? Nurse being the strongest killer in the game if played right is F tier because she can't counter DS?

    The exaggeration in your comment is insane...

    The main complaint was about him not having any drawbacks to faking his power. They'll most likely keep the same counter to DS. What they'll probably do is make BT work with cages and once you're rescued from a cage your exhaustion will be refilled, so now you don't feel like a fish out of water when PH decides to come to the cage. "But he can't see cages !" If PH has half a brain working, he'll know you're gonna be on the other side of the map where you've been sent from.

    I think that won't be a problem if PGTW and BBQ will work with cages.

    Seriously, just accept that there's a killer that counters braindead second chances now.

  • im gonna go back the point pyramid head needs a lesser cooldown for missing m2 but needs a longer CD for cancelling, and hook perks should activate for cages on both sides and needs to make the speed of the attack a little faster and he would be so much more fun to verse

  • @OniWantsUrLocation said:

    According to the Q&A stream Devs are monitoring PH. Most likely PH will get "minor changes" (still getting nurse flashbacks)...

    Let us remember what so many people have complained about.  I personally can only remember two specific things:

    1. Canceling Rites of Judgment (switching from M2 to M1) has a cooldown of 0.5 seconds. According to many people here this is much too low, because PH can simply fake his M2 without any punishment (0.5 seconds is not really noticeable). The legendary "get hit or get hit"-Situation was born.
    2. PH can negate a lot of perks because of his cages. Especially DS and BT users are NOT happy about that.

    So what could they change to make people happy again? Increase the cooldown from 0.5 to 1 second? 1.5 second? 2 seconds? Yeah.. I don't know what they're planning, but a higher cooldown most likely means that he can no longer fake his ability. Since this is his TRUE STRENGTH, such a change would make him drop from tier A to tier C in no time (since I am not a friend of tiers this is only to illustrate that he would lose much of his viability).

    So if the cooldown should be increased, then he should get something in return. I don't know what that could be, but just increasing the cooldown alone would kill PH. I don't even want to talk about the scond point. He has a unique ability and that is a good thing imo. But that alone doesn't make a good killer and I really hope that they don't mess him up.

    What do you think about it? Will I soon be a sad PH main or will they find a good solution without ruining it completely? 

    i think they will only change his M2, probably cancel time. His power of negating DS and BT is completely fine to me, and one needs to be very entitled to a nerf because of cancelling those 2 perks. that´s basically what half his power does, and if they nerf his M2 cancel i think he would not need to get changed, ever.

  • If they are nerfing him ,they need to buff him in other areas, his cages are often disadvantageous to him as it will often guarantee a save thus losing him pressure, trails aren't much of a threat since once your tormented all you have to worry about is him using his mini mori when your on death hook,the torment doesn't do anything other than that besides allow you to track players abit easier with the barbed wire trail off them.

    If they weaken his looping ability they need to buff his mobility to help compensate

  • @TheStabbiNAngeL said:

    Take away my chant behavior and I riot one man army style I'm joking don't banned me.

    two man army style brother

  • To be honest PH is pretty strong I agree. But survivors are always given get out of jail free perks. Killers deserve some helpful things too ungrateful entitled survivors.

  • A killer who's power is to help him chase survivors and ignore hook perks

    So the best way to balance him is to get rid of his chase and no longer let him ignore hook perks

    Genius

  • Yeah he used to be very survivor biased.

  • If everyone on here agrees that there's like 3-5 killers that are better than him, why is he even being touched? He's got a couple hard-counter tools and that's it. Changing his cage mechanics is dumb, it's not like he gets it for free, you have to be afflicted first. And there's plenty of perks and add-ons that let you see where he leaves the trail. And I feel like people are downplaying the fact that his ability goes in a STRAIGHT LINE in front of him, not to mention the cooldown on the attack. Idk I main him but I'm fairly new to the game, I feel like there's far more janky ######### than him right now

  • @OniWantsUrLocation said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1618145#Comment_1618145

    Where does this information come from? Have you tried it? Do you have any sources? Simply saying that it is false information adds no value to this discussion.

    I don't know where the ######### the 0.5 came from. The 1 second comes from actually playing the game and actually testing and timing it myself.

    https://youtu.be/gelPMQHtvlI


  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1617547#Comment_1617547

    Problem with LF is that its been proven multiple times that survivors can drop every pallet early and still win so long as the others are on gens and not wasting time.

    Maybe it depends on the map. On Ormond for example he’s really crippled.

    Definitely map dependent. Since Leatherface can insta down anyone that he catches out of position. And since he can break pallets relatively fast as well, just dropping pallets like a mad man can also hurt you and your team.

  • @Xyex said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1618483#Comment_1618483

    I don't know where the ######### the 0.5 came from. The 1 second comes from actually playing the game and actually testing and timing it myself.

    https://youtu.be/gelPMQHtvlI

    Thx for sharing this. Seems like 1 second indeed.

  • The problem is that you can't ever use his power out in the open because it's so EASILY jukeable so that means they had make PH able to use it in very specific situation instead (i.e. vaulting, pallet drops, etc). He's still hard to use well (coming from a rank 1 PH main) he's just more easy to abuse. If you don't like how he's too oppressive then there are ways to fix it but you're gonna make him another unplayable M1 killer. Nerf his addons instead or something.

  • @CamscamPlaysTV said:

    The problem is that you can't ever use his power out in the open because it's so EASILY jukeable so that means they had make PH able to use it in very specific situation instead (i.e. vaulting, pallet drops, etc). He's still hard to use well (coming from a rank 1 PH main) he's just more easy to abuse. If you don't like how he's too oppressive then there are ways to fix it but you're gonna make him another unplayable M1 killer. Nerf his addons instead or something.

    They could remove his addons completely and that would not bother me. He is one of the few killers who do not need addons because his basekit is so strong. I am more afraid about the changes his basekit most likely will get.

  • Imagine thinking a unique hook that negates perks on both sides should allow the perks to work. The cages are SUPPOSED to be unique, not just easy unhooks for survivors. This is the whole reason they removed cage auras for him.

    As a 4v1, a survivor should always be a disadvantage when in a chase. There are 4 people for a reason.

    He already has a 1 second delay before m1-ing out of his power, but for some reason pressing it quick enough negates the delay. They need to fix that and he'll be fine. The true change he needs is a unique wall break :)

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1617296#Comment_1617296

    Wait, do you think it's actually difficult to play PH with his current tactic? There's not much skill to it, and it's guaranteed. Either animation-lock into hit, or go fo the easiest m1 of your life. At least survivors would be able to mindgame his alt attack if he couldn't borderline-instantly m1.

    Seriously, there's not much skill to just zoning with PH. At least Slinger requires your to be a good shot. PH just gets you without a chance to avoid it and with little to no skill

    Then why are you telling people that is hard? Why has there to be a lie somewhere to make a point? Still, where is the problem? Do you need any more indication that the killer is right around you? Or why should there be even a greater cooldown between Pyramid heads attacks?


    There is even a video proving you wrong and I can create also one.


    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1620131/#Comment_1620131

  • I think the only way to "fix" the Rites/Punishment issue is to divest them from each other. Leave Rites on its current button, put Punishment on the secondary button.

    By doing this you could add an independent cool down to cancelling Punishment without adversely affecting Rites. Make the Punishment activation look very similar to Rites, but have some small cue that good/aware Survivors can use to discern the two. This would allow Pyramid Head to keep his mind games, while giving Survivors the capacity to counter it if paying attention.

    Example: The Survivor head for a pallet. PH activates Rites. The Survivor miss reads and avoids the pallet or doesn't drop it. PH cancels Rites for an easy M1. Alternatively the Survivor reads it correctly and drops the pallet, stunning PH, who misses his chance at a hit.

    The same would apply if he primed Rites, just inverted. Survivor reads it wrong, drops the pallet, gets hit. Or Survivor reads it right and doesn't drop it, PH is left with an extended cool down for cancelling Punishment, or is forced to try it anyway and potentially misses, still getting the cool down.

  • Pyramid is fine. He’s only getting the hit if you run in a straight line towards a window/pallet. If you’re playing a Pyramid head learn not to do this. Its like survivors don’t think.

    In the exact same scenario vs most other killers, if the survivor dead hards for distance they get a free vault/pallet with NO COUNTERPLAY and nobody complains. Seems the other side having no input or counter on vaults is only ok when it benefits survivors.

    Heres another tip, a lot of pallet loops have an almost rectangle shape [====], with the pallet on the right end of that. I cant draw a diagram as im on mobile but PyramidHead needs to push you around where he has you running in a straight line towards the pallet. If he doesnt know what hes doing then try to loop him the other way, so that you pass the pallet as you come around the corner. This stops him getting the angle and he will not get you with POTD. If he pushes you the way that benefits him, then you drop the pallet early than normal just like you would against LF, Freddy, Clown etc

    Playing games last night and seeing survivors use exhaustion perks to extend chases with no counter. Knowing someone is waiting in a locker with Head On but no counter other than waiting for them to make a mistake. Some guy I wasnt tunnelling but hes at full health and on a gen, I go near and hear him walk into a locker, surely his DS has expired? Nope pull him out and take the stun. Guess what? NO COUNTER.

    These people say PH takes no skill yet watch them in game and notice how their entire gimmick revolves around finding the strongest loop on the map and just running around it in circles over and over again, knowing full well most killers don’t have anything in their kit to deal with that. Playing M1 killers and having survivors abuse the mothers dwelling windows, so much skill, so much fun.

    I hate to say it but the killer mains here were right. Some people really want any killer that has even a bit of a chance nerfed. Its like any killer that has a chance to get a hit HAD to be nerfed but anything with no counter on the survivor side is perfectly fine.

    Survivors want killers like the older ones where the survivor is always perfectly safe at a pallet and they control the chase. Yeah nobody is denying thats more fun but the 4 controlling chases vs the 1 is why you never saw any of those killers in the tournament because they are not viable.

  • @BigTimeGamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1616854#Comment_1616854

    feel free to check my history, my views on Spirit have always remained the same, just like Deathslinger and PH. Killers who have free zoning or like Spirit who equate to a guessing game is not good game design and even if you "beat" a spirit, unless they are bad, you simply guessed correctly instead of outplaying them.

    I never said you were dishonest in your views, I lurked here for the better part of a year, I would know that. I'm saying you tend to act in bad faith a lot, you insult people and rile them up instead of actually contributing to a discussion. That's something I am pointing out, I am disinterested in your opinions on Spirit or Deathslinger. How you feel about them is your business.

  • @Xpljesus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/190930/so-pyramid-head-will-soon-be-changed

    Idc about anything ultimately other than the cooldown part, it’s unfun and ######### to go against and doesn’t take any skill, the 0.5s doesn’t even work properly anyway. I’d give him a 2s cooldown coming out of M2, maybe lower the M2 attack cooldown to 2.5s, maybe slightly increase his turning holding the M2, and rework/buff the dogshit purple addons. Rn the optimal way to play him is to not even use his power, and that’s just stupid, my changes will incentivise actually using the M2 more with skill based gameplay I’d say, and he’d actually be fun to go against in a chase maybe.

    i played against otzdarva’s PH a few days ago and actually had fun, he was using his M2 rather than zoning and it was genuinely enjoyable. I’ve always said this killer is salvageable and hearing the comment from the dev stream about changes has got me super excited

    Yea it would be nice if he could be like huntress where you go for the m2 regardless of whether they vault or not rather than cancel and go for the m1

  • @Jill10230 said:

    How can I get a reimbursement for all killers purchased (cosmetics..) please ?

    I have a Nurse that is only used for the top 10 players in the game, but for normal people it is unplayable ! I'm not talking about the other killers who are useless to me too...

    Nerve the PH? Months after it comes out.. what do you call it ?😕

    What the hell are you talking about

  • @Brhoom said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1616508#Comment_1616508

    I'm not asking for equal speed here, I mean by 50/50 is when I get downed the reason could be either a bad play from me or a good play from the killer.

    Red rank Nurse, Spirit, Deathslinger, or Pyramid Head have a huge advantage while in a chase over the survivors that winning against them is the result of them screwing up and not us playing correctly.

    You didn't answer me,

    How is the Deathslinger having a instant shot fair? What can we do as survivors?

    How is Spirit with stridor fair? What can survivors do in that case?

    How is Pyramid Head with I'm all ears fair? How can we counter a killer that can shut most loops that survivors just go down in seconds?

    While a lot of it is bs, you can bring distortion and iron will to counter stridor and I’m all ears

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1617040#Comment_1617040

    Yup. Spirit and Pyramid have downsides, they have time for survivors to recuperate. Hillbilly didn't have that.

    What are spirit’s downsides

  • Here's the changes I want and I'll provide reasons for most of them. I play him a bit but I hate playing against him because there are situations where I feel like my options to outplay the killer are removed but yes it's the get hit or get hit situation.

    • Cancelling rites of judgement gives you a 1.5 second restriction on attacking. There is NO other penalty for cancelling it you still move full movement speed as usual doing this. Just extend the window on how long until you can attack. Give Pyramid Head proper animations visually to reflect this.

    The following criticism over the cage is necessary because right now with how the cages work now it's predictable and encourages tunneling. Not allowing perks to prompt with cages is 100% fine it's just everything else after that's an issue.

    • Remove all notifications when a player is uncaged. - They removed auras of cages for a reason. This one can be debatable because at least in this scenario the survivor was saved because we know BHVR just wanted to prevent face camping cages. However I feel cages are strong enough to not warrant this enabled. This issue is getting survivors tormented in the first place.
    • Allow unhooking at 90 degrees from the front (45 each side) at minimum all angles and update the cages visually to represent this. In general the cages visually look like trash anyway I'm sorry but this is probably the worst part about it. The cages are supposed to look organic but the top of the cages look like something quickly thrown together for example with the spinning pointy things.
    • Remove the teleporting cages - This actually helps the killer and I'll explain this - If Pyramid Head finds the cage he can actually kill the survivor by making the cage move especially on big maps. The thing is if a survivor waste their time running towards the cage and Pyramid Head gets there first who is going to be able to save the caged survivor? The timer is still going as it moves around and the survivor loses time because of this. Not only that you can't even trade properly because the survivor who was looking for the cage is now likely engaged in a chase with the killer. Overall BHVR intended this to hurt Pyramid Head but overall it actually helped him.
    • Give more unpredictable locations for cages - Most of the time when you cage someone you can just look at the exact opposite spot on the map and know where the survivor was sent. This is why tunneling with him is so easy and why it's a stereotype for Pyramid Head.

    Some other tidbits I'd like changed for Pyramid Head

    • Rework the Undetectable Ultra Rare into something else because that effect just in general is so stupid it's just used for camping and useless in most other scenarios. Fair enough they tried it because they thought it was cool but outside of practical use it's garbage and only used for camping.
    • Make Black Strap (Common) basekit - Slightly Increases Punishment of the Damned Attack range. - If he gets a penalty for cancelling his power in my opinion it should be a bit more threatening when he commits to it.
    • Slightly increase the speed of the charge meter for sending someone to a Cage of Atonement - This command is a bit slow compared to let's say The Pig's RBT being placed on a survivor. In the instance with The Pig you press a button and boom it's done. With Pyramid Head you awkwardly stand over the survivor a few seconds and then randomly stab. I feel like this wasn't always like this but it feels awkward and this is my reasoning for stating the meter should be filled quicker.
    • Make Pyramid Head swing his knife from top to bottom like the original games. It doesn't feel like it has enough OOMF right now.
    • Make steering a bit smoother when using Rites of Judgement because honestly it feels awful steering while using his power. Personally that's why most of the time I just use the skill shot quickly and avoid dragging the sword. If the use of his power felt more smooth I guarantee you less Pyramid Head players would feel compelled to fake out his power.

    Now personally I don't believe he gets changed anytime soon but I'm doubtful he gets crippled like people are thinking. As someone who actually plays him what I mentioned above would be my compromise on him. Quality of life stuff that benefits both sides.

    To TL;DR my post

    • Nerf the faking out of the power heavily but making committing to power have more OOMF
    • Give quality of life changes to Pyramid Head's movement while using Rites of Judgement / Punishment Of The Damned
    • Overhaul spawning system for cages
    • Make it easier to apply Torment on a survivor


  • Slow movement speed which hurts her on larger maps. Even if you use her power for mobility it only takes her x meters. If you use her full power for mobility then she has a full 15 seconds before she can use her power again. Everytime she makes the wrong read with her power shes on cooldown and chasing as a 110% speed killer.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1640659#Comment_1640659

    Slow movement speed which hurts her on larger maps. Even if you use her power for mobility it only takes her x meters. If you use her full power for mobility then she has a full 15 seconds before she can use her power again. Everytime she makes the wrong read with her power shes on cooldown and chasing as a 110% speed killer.

    Yeah but making a wrong read is the player’s fault, a good spirit won’t make a wrong read

1 … 3 4 5 ›