So this jus happened... Explanation pls

https://youtu.be/75gY8JFXhUo

Asking this here.

Console (PS4)

Stellar good WiFi

All the matches I played for the past 3 hours were super smooth as always, then out of literally nowhere this happens.

Haven’t ever been invisibly hit, while fully healed, into the dying state.

PH didn’t have NOED or any way of causing the exposed status effect.

What is the actual legitimate explanation for this ever happening?

Comments

  • A cheater or something.

  • @Xyvielia said:

    https://youtu.be/75gY8JFXhUo

    Asking this here.

    Console (PS4)

    Stellar good WiFi

    All the matches I played for the past 3 hours were super smooth as always, then out of literally nowhere this happens.

    Haven’t ever been invisibly hit, while fully healed, into the dying state.

    PH didn’t have NOED or any way of causing the exposed status effect.

    What is the actual legitimate explanation for this ever happening?

    Was definitely a cheat.

  • cheater. Since he one shot you and because he downed you, then he walked at you to pick you up (when it's lag you either get teleported at killer's feet, or the killer gets teleported to you).

  • I don't wanna live!

    In all seriousness though that looks pretty sus. He appears behind you and then walks to pick you up so I could see lag perhaps but, the fact you went from healthy to down with no exposed draws some serious attention to that.

  • seems like you need to git gud and stop being downed by invisible hits.

  • @bubbabrotha said:

    seems like you need to git gud and stop being downed by invisible hits.

    Lolz... yeah, probs need to get guuuuuuuud for all that😆

  • I have had this happen to me twice before. Just got hit with no killer in site or around me from healthy to dying state. Thought both times it was just some glitch/bug didn't think about cheat. Straight recording next time.

  • @Xyvielia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1592270#Comment_1592270

    Lolz... yeah, probs need to get guuuuuuuud for all that😆

    I mean if you just juked the air that wouldn't have happened

  • A similar thing happened to me yesterday against an Oni. He ran and hit inside the killer shack whilst I was nowhere near it and it made me get downed. He then proceeded to walk over to me and pick me up. I was so confused. He only had 1 hook all game and there was 1 gen left, so it made me feel like he turned on some sort of hacks to get me down as it definitely wasn’t lag or latency. 😂

  • @Xyvielia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1592270#Comment_1592270

    Lolz... yeah, probs need to get guuuuuuuud for all that😆

    In all seriousness he was either cheating or lagging hard.

  • @chargernick85 said:

    I have had this happen to me twice before. Just got hit with no killer in site or around me from healthy to dying state. Thought both times it was just some glitch/bug didn't think about cheat. Straight recording next time.

    Yeah, I was more startled that it happened than pissed about it, sucks either way tho, for sure

  • @bubbabrotha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1592275#Comment_1592275

    In all seriousness he was either cheating or lagging hard.

    @bubbabrotha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1592275#Comment_1592275

    I mean if you just juked the air that wouldn't have happened

    Exactly... flippn’ air 😄

  • @Xyvielia said:

    https://youtu.be/75gY8JFXhUo

    Asking this here.

    Console (PS4)

    Stellar good WiFi

    All the matches I played for the past 3 hours were super smooth as always, then out of literally nowhere this happens.

    Haven’t ever been invisibly hit, while fully healed, into the dying state.

    PH didn’t have NOED or any way of causing the exposed status effect.

    What is the actual legitimate explanation for this ever happening?

    He's cheating probably.

    Getting that hit can actually happen, if the killer has a really slow connection.

    But the instadown, it's impossible because you weren't exposed.

  • @TheLastGreatStar said:

    A similar thing happened to me yesterday against an Oni. He ran and hit inside the killer shack whilst I was nowhere near it and it made me get downed. He then proceeded to walk over to me and pick me up. I was so confused. He only had 1 hook all game and there was 1 gen left, so it made me feel like he turned on some sort of hacks to get me down as it definitely wasn’t lag or latency. 😂

    Yeah, I didn’t think he was gonna hook me, then he did, which made it seem even more sketchy. BPs are BPs I guess. Don’t kno if he was laggy or not tho, coulda been.

  • Yeah, this is a hacker. I’d file a ticket on the customer support site if you haven’t already.

    Bit of an amateur though, only one survivor downed? I faced a Trapper a few days back that put four healthy survivors into the dying state with one attack like a true chad.

  • @xenotimebong said:

    Yeah, this is a hacker. I’d file a ticket on the customer support site if you haven’t already.

    Bit of an amateur though, only one survivor downed? I faced a Trapper a few days back that put four healthy survivors into the dying state with one attack like a true chad.

    Didn’t even kno hacking console was a thing

  • @pseudechis said:

    I don't wanna live!

    In all seriousness though that looks pretty sus. He appears behind you and then walks to pick you up so I could see lag perhaps but, the fact you went from healthy to down with no exposed draws some serious attention to that.

    My poor Nan-chan, gone so soon😭😄

    I never knew consoles could be hacked.

  • There is no such thing as "steller good WiFi"

    Use Ethernet if you can


  • @Xyvielia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1592254#Comment_1592254

    My poor Nan-chan, gone so soon😭😄

    I never knew consoles could be hacked.

    Probably a bug more so than a hack, but hey I don't know, there were hack packs for the atari 2600 and NES, SNES and 64 too. Don't own a next gen console.

  • Almost the exact same thing happened to me (ps4) just now, also against a pyramid head. I was unhooked and the another player tanked the hit, i got to the exit gate which was 99, i opened it and was instantly downed even though pyramid head wasn't even visible on my screen. He picked me up afterwards before i could crawl out. Did that killer player have Kulis in their name?

  • @yakul1nausicaa said:

    Almost the exact same thing happened to me (ps4) just now, also against a pyramid head. I was unhooked and the another player tanked the hit, i got to the exit gate which was 99, i opened it and was instantly downed even though pyramid head wasn't even visible on my screen. He picked me up afterwards before i could crawl out. Did that killer player have Kulis in their name?

    I accidentally deleted the full clip with the tally screen, so I’m not even sure who they are. If they were cheating, eventually it’ll catch up with them.

  • Yeah this seems like a hacker to me. He knew exactly where you went down despite being nowhere in sight, and the fact your Nancy also screamed twice at once. It did the Healthy to Injured scream, then Injured to Downed at the exact same time. That never happens even when your using NOED or any Insta-Down method.

  • Yeah, it's your own fault and poor play. Why would you run in a straight line like that so that the thick swamp air could down you? Haven't you ever heard of toxic swamp fumes?

  • Crossplay is a thing now so expect to see that from the PC side.

  • @Kilmeran said:

    Yeah, it's your own fault and poor play. Why would you run in a straight line like that so that the thick swamp air could down you? Haven't you ever heard of toxic swamp fumes?

    😂 Y’kno, now that you mention it, there was something oddly unusual about the dense swampy stench that seemed to compel me at a direct angle toward that very spot... a almost hallucinogenic aroma... the last thing I remember was reaching out to a plate of grandma’s famous meatloaf and then...😵

  • @SweetTerror said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1592300#Comment_1592300

    Crossplay is a thing now so expect to see that from the PC side.

    ugh, yeah, crossplay... maybs overrated, I’d rather jus stick to console til any improvement arrives tho, tbh

  • He used the new perk "Phone a Friend".

    Called on an Iri Head Huntress who has a new add on to make hatchets invisible.

    Long story short, just be better than the cheater next time

  • I actually had something very similar happen to me today as well. Ran a wraith for the majority of 5 gens, then the last one popped and he invisibly hit me with noed (i was already injured though), immediately broke a pallet on the complete opposite side of long wall, then came and picked me up.

  • Nancy had a heart attack? Well crap, I have never seen something like this before.

  • @Xyvielia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1592254#Comment_1592254

    My poor Nan-chan, gone so soon😭😄

    I never knew consoles could be hacked.

    I don't know where the myth of consoles being these unhackable things began. Cheaters have existed in console games since they first went online. There's no magic security or anything.

  • @Xyvielia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1592496#Comment_1592496

    😂 Y’kno, now that you mention it, there was something oddly unusual about the dense swampy stench that seemed to compel me at a direct angle toward that very spot... a almost hallucinogenic aroma... the last thing I remember was reaching out to a plate of grandma’s famous meatloaf and then...😵

    Damn it. Now I want meatloaf.

  • @RakimSockem said:

    He used the new perk "Phone a Friend".

    Called on an Iri Head Huntress who has a new add on to make hatchets invisible.

    Long story short, just be better than the cheater next time

    I blame Wraith... never taught me how to cloak

  • @Xbob42 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1592313#Comment_1592313

    I don't know where the myth of consoles being these unhackable things began. Cheaters have existed in console games since they first went online. There's no magic security or anything.

    Yeah, I guess... I’m not tech savvy enough to figure all those methods out anyway, tbh; wouldn’t really want to either. Cheating sux

  • You know, another theory occurred to me. Pyramid Head is walking around with his pits exposed, and I doubt he showers. Maybe that knocked you out before he got all the way there.

  • You should've left, end game air can be harsh when you don't know how to loop it

  • @YaiPa said:

    cheater. Since he one shot you and because he downed you, then he walked at you to pick you up (when it's lag you either get teleported at killer's feet, or the killer gets teleported to you).

    Not true. I have had something similar happen when I downed a survivor 4 or 5 times in a row, they just got back up each time, then I teleported far, far away, and the survivor was downed across the map. Lag can be really unpredictable and make really unfair situations on both sides.

  • @Kilmeran said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1592686#Comment_1592686

    You know, another theory occurred to me. Pyramid Head is walking around with his pits exposed, and I doubt he showers. Maybe that knocked you out before he got all the way there.

    😄Why that stinky no good double-armpit-teaming stank factory! Of course he never showers, his triangular dome would rust!