Why are killers allowed to do this? (Please Watch)

So me and my friends were SWFing And we ended up getting a pyramid head on this match, unfortunately the killer did not get a hook until almost the end of the match. Once the gens pop he chases the guy that got unhooked from earlier in the game and he unfortunately became tormented and cages him instead of hooking him. The killer ran right to the area of our caged teammate and we all were trying to save him but the killer stands there 4 feet away (which I feel like is still to close for the cage to not move) with his power ready to instantly kill him if we were to save him. There’s nothing we could of done as a team to get him out safely because borrowed time does not proc off cages or any unhooking perk for that matter. Unfortunately we rescued him from the cage because the exit gate was right next to us and wanted to make a play so we could escape as a team but the killer still downs him because of it. Our teammate was very upset as anyone would be and leaves the match and the killer thought it was funny to dance on his body and shake his head. Here’s a clip of what happened and if you don’t want to watch it that’s fine because I explained how the scene went but my question is why? Why do killers play like this? What makes you entitled for a kill knowing you lost? This is why survivors are toxic and bm and do other things to upset killers.

~Rant over

https://youtu.be/n9tpkYizw9o


Edit: Since I’m getting so many hate comments and negative comments I will not be responding to them as this post was just for people to see how broken pyramid head is still til this day. And although the devs already fixed the ability to remove cage auras from PH, it does not fix how broken the mechanic is still and how it can be abused like in the clip above.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • DC because you can't dodge Pyramid's attack and the Killer's entitled? 🤣

  • You could have just waited long enough for the cage to respawn elsewhere on the map. If PH remains to close to a cage for too long, the cage respawns.

  • He would've de-pipped if you would have left. It sucks, but at that point he isn't winning the game. What is he supposed to do, let you all escape?

  • sorry but in end game camping is the right thing to do no matter what killer it is.

  • @NekoGamerX said:

    sorry but in end game camping is the right thing to do no matter what killer it is.

    Not a cage though. As I said, if they had just been patient, the cage would’ve respawned elsewhere on the map due to PH being too close.

  • @Babyyy_Boyy said:

    So me and my friends were SWFing And we ended up getting a pyramid head on this match, unfortunately the killer did not get a hook until almost the end of the match. Once the gens pop he chases the guy that got unhooked from earlier in the game and he unfortunately became tormented and cages him instead of hooking him. The killer ran right to the area of our caged teammate and we all were trying to save him but the killer stands there 4 feet away (which I feel like is still to close for the cage to not move) with his power ready to instantly kill him if we were to save him. There’s nothing we could of done as a team to get him out safely because borrowed time does not proc off cages or any unhooking perk for that matter. Unfortunately we rescued him from the cage because the exit gate was right next to us and wanted to make a play so we could escape as a team but the killer still downs him because of it. Our teammate was very upset as anyone would be and leaves the match and the killer thought it was funny to dance on his body and shake his head. Here’s a clip of what happened and if you don’t want to watch it that’s fine because I explained how the scene went but my question is why? Why do killers play like this? What makes you entitled for a kill knowing you lost? This is why survivors are toxic and bm and do other things to upset killers.

    ~Rant over

    https://youtu.be/n9tpkYizw9o

    Had everyone escaped the trial yet? No? Then he hasn't lost. Survivors have this idea that once they've completed the gens, they have won.

    Killer has every right to camp and use everything at his disposal to kill.

  • "we did all gens, so we won and the killer lost and we are entitled to winning"

    No.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    You could have just waited long enough for the cage to respawn elsewhere on the map. If PH remains to close to a cage for too long, the cage respawns.

    Really? I thought it only respawned if he was within 5 meters of the cage? I guess I know next time lol.

  • @NekoGamerX said:

    sorry but in end game camping is the right thing to do no matter what killer it is.

    Not like that. At least with camping it’s a 50/50 because you either get a kill or all survivors escape. There’s nothing you can do in this situation AS SURVIVOR which I think that’s the point you’re not getting.

  • @shalo said:

    DC because you can't dodge Pyramid's attack and the Killer's entitled? 🤣

    No? #########? I said why are killers entitled to a kill knowing they lost the game. Your comment makes no sense.

  • @Todgeweiht said:

    "we did all gens, so we won and the killer lost and we are entitled to winning"

    No.

    Oh boy here comes the salt already. Yeah the killer can camp if he wants to any killer for that matter, yeah it’s a strat or whatever you want to call it but that right there is just so bs. The cage mechanic itself is bull crap because there’s no counterplay to it. And killer mains always wonder why survivors are toxic all the time. It’s a cycle.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1590081#Comment_1590081

    Not a cage though. As I said, if they had just been patient, the cage would’ve respawned elsewhere on the map due to PH being too close.

    You have to be really close to the cage, that was longer than the time it takes already.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1590081#Comment_1590081

    Not a cage though. As I said, if they had just been patient, the cage would’ve respawned elsewhere on the map due to PH being too close.

    true in egc I never cage I hook

    @Babyyy_Boyy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1590081#Comment_1590081

    Not like that. At least with camping it’s a 50/50 because you either get a kill or all survivors escape. There’s nothing you can do in this situation AS SURVIVOR which I think that’s the point you’re not getting.

    because perks don't work on cage if that the case that not 50/50 for killer it most a win for survivor because of BT and DS in this situation with a hook not cage.

    @Pulsar said:

    He would've de-pipped if you would have left. It sucks, but at that point he isn't winning the game. What is he supposed to do, let you all escape?

    this 100%

    really was he meant to just let you all escape?

  • He's lucky the caged survivor didn't have dead hard. They avoided the first one.

  • I mean, it was his only kill of the game. Of course he was going to do anything to get it. Do you know how demoralizing it is to go the entire match and end up with everyone escaping? So give the guy a break.

  • @Mikeasaurus said:

    I mean, it was his only kill of the game. Of course he was going to do anything to get it. Do you know how demoralizing it is to go the entire match and end up with everyone escaping? So give the guy a break.

    Yeah I understand how frustrating it could be I have 3000 hours on the game with more kills than escapes but I’m just trying to point out the fact the WAY he did it was scummy.

  • @Babyyy_Boyy said:

    So me and my friends were SWFing And we ended up getting a pyramid head on this match, unfortunately the killer did not get a hook until almost the end of the match. Once the gens pop he chases the guy that got unhooked from earlier in the game and he unfortunately became tormented and cages him instead of hooking him. The killer ran right to the area of our caged teammate and we all were trying to save him but the killer stands there 4 feet away (which I feel like is still to close for the cage to not move) with his power ready to instantly kill him if we were to save him. There’s nothing we could of done as a team to get him out safely because borrowed time does not proc off cages or any unhooking perk for that matter. Unfortunately we rescued him from the cage because the exit gate was right next to us and wanted to make a play so we could escape as a team but the killer still downs him because of it. Our teammate was very upset as anyone would be and leaves the match and the killer thought it was funny to dance on his body and shake his head. Here’s a clip of what happened and if you don’t want to watch it that’s fine because I explained how the scene went but my question is why? Why do killers play like this? What makes you entitled for a kill knowing you lost? This is why survivors are toxic and bm and do other things to upset killers.

    ~Rant over

    https://youtu.be/n9tpkYizw9o

    At that point it's equally "toxic" for your buddy to rage dc just to prevent another hook or whatever (which I guess he loses all his BP for that match for anyway) but it's really nothing to get mad about. If the survivor has to force the last survivor to die like this (just like Bubba or even Hillbilly to an extent) then you guys won as a SWF team regardless. It's like playing killer and downing 3 people - closing the hatch and having him key out immediately behind you as you down him ontop of the hatch... literally nothing you can do in that situation but as the Killer you still "won" by pretty much all definitions of this game whether he keys out like that or not.

    People want that sweet satisfaction too badly so they'll get very angry if they aren't getting it - the PH had some entitlement issues there wanting to secure that one kill but the same thing could be said about your SWF who felt "entitled" to a 4 man escape in that situation as well. Just adjust your mindsets and this type of thing shouldn't make you so angry

  • in that PH's defense, it WAS the EGC. what else was he supposed to do? If there were gens still left, then yeah the PH is a being hella toxic.

    But since its EGC, i cant really blame the PH.

  • 'What makes you entitled for a kill knowing you lost?'

    How is that entitled? The match was still going on.

    Don't you think it comes off as entitled to think you lot should have escaped just because 'they lost?' Even though the match was still going on. . .

  • @Babyyy_Boyy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1590067#Comment_1590067

    No? #########? I said why are killers entitled to a kill knowing they lost the game. Your comment makes no sense.

    OK, I'll write it simply enough for even a SWF to understand. Your friend DCed because he felt entitled to win but you, incorrectly, say the Killer was acting entitled.

  • @Babyyy_Boyy what would you have done if you had been the Pyramid Head in the same situation?

  • Your teammate left the match, so the dance was earned imo. DCing like that is poor sportsmanship. The killer barely had any hooks, and he was going to get his one kill. Can't blame him for that. He's just doing the only thing he can do. Is he supposed to just let you get a free unhook? He was doing the only thing he COULD do.

  • @Babyyy_Boyy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1590129#Comment_1590129

    Yeah I understand how frustrating it could be I have 3000 hours on the game with more kills than escapes but I’m just trying to point out the fact the WAY he did it was scummy.

    dancing on him was scummy yes but it how the game is I don't use PH but I had matches like this you know what after I start camping they all gang up on me save the hooked survivor BT DS and body block to gate ones are all know they safe start they t bagging me.

    so maybe it was his t bagging he might of had a lot of bad matches with t bagging survivors this what happens.

    this game will bring out the worse in people.

  • @Yamaoka said:

    @Babyyy_Boyy what would you have done if you had been the Pyramid Head in the same situation?

    I would of either camped, (not the scummy way he did) or forced the 3 other survivors out so I can get a kill that doesn’t require playing scummy. No one looks at the fact on how scummy pyramid heads mechanics can be and how they can be taken advantage of in a bad way.

  • @NekoGamerX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1590137#Comment_1590137

    dancing on him was scummy yes but it how the game is I don't use PH but I had matches like this you know what after I start camping they all gang up on me save the hooked survivor BT DS and body block to gate ones are all know they safe start they t bagging me.

    so maybe it was his t bagging he might of had a lot of bad matches with t bagging survivors this what happens.

    this game will bring out the worse in people.

    Yeah true maybe he had bad matches previously or something idk.

  • @Babyyy_Boyy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1590178#Comment_1590178

    Yeah true maybe he had bad matches previously or something idk.

    yea I don't do that after bad matches but I do start bring in mori which maybe worse.

  • Share a video of the full game, if you genrushed which is very possible, that was totally deserved for your team. Also your friend DCed.

  • Looks like you lot belong together. SWF with that build? Yeah, there's no heroes in that story.

  • @IamFran said:

    Share a video of the full game, if you genrushed which is very possible, that was totally deserved for your team. Also your friend DCed.

    So if any gens get done in any match you call that a “ gen rush“? For survivors doing their ONE AND ONLY objective? lmao you killer mains are jokes.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    Looks like you lot belong together. SWF with that build? Yeah, there's no heroes in that story.

    Build has nothing to do with what’s going on in that 30 second clip. Next.

  • @Babyyy_Boyy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1590234#Comment_1590234

    Build has nothing to do with what’s going on in that 30 second clip. Next.

    No, it has everything to do with what led to that clip.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1590261#Comment_1590261

    No, it has everything to do with what led to that clip.

    No it doesn’t. Move along now.

  • Okay, i'm playing my Trump Card...

    Annotation 2020-08-25 182238.png


  • It's entirely possible that you and your friends are the entitled ones. Killer has to camp in the endgame to secure the kill.

  • @Dwinchester said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/187805/why-are-killers-allowed-to-do-this-please-watch

    Had everyone escaped the trial yet? No? Then he hasn't lost. Survivors have this idea that once they've completed the gens, they have won.

    Killer has every right to camp and use everything at his disposal to kill.

    And killers have this Idea that if they make someone rage quit and or camp to get a kill that they’re god tier. You’re literally the reason why survivors are toxic to innocent killers. You weren’t even in that match first of all and like I said don’t get mad when survivors act like A holes towards killer mains, they bring out the worst in survivors behavior.

  • Sounds like For the People would've come in handy in this situation, as well as Dead Hard for the person in the cage. Styptic Agent as well. If no one had any of those, oh well. ######### happens.

    And he did a dance because he probably thought it was funny that you guys were ready to leave with no kills while at the same time rage quitting the second things take a turn. Do you know how many times, when the survivors open the exit gates, they sit inside so they can teabag before they leave? So close to every single time that it might as well be every single time. There's nothing I can do, literally NOTHING, when they stand on the edge inside the exit gate. If I hit them, they fall outside of the trial and escape. They do it simply to gloat about winning.

    Was the dance necessary? Nah, but neither is the incessant and endless teabagging done by 99% of survivors. Even if they don't do it on every single pallet (although some do even for this) they will almost all do it at the exit gates.

    I think it's all pretty tacky, but I don't fault the guy for being happy he was able to get something out of that mess. Sometimes you lose and the other team gloats. Gotta deal with it like we all do.

  • You were committing huge mistakes.

    This is a common one that I see a lot, specially with SWFs.

    Never get cocky playing survivor and group up. That's usually game over for survivors, even if you think that you are "destroying the killer".

    That clip was just a really bad play imo.

  • How do you know it was Killer entitlement and not bait? I had to learn the hard way that sometimes it's not the Killer that outplays you, but the team's altruism. It's nice when you can make it out as a team, but that mentality can very quickly turn a 1K into a 4K.

  • @Babyyy_Boyy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1590081#Comment_1590081

    Not like that. At least with camping it’s a 50/50 because you either get a kill or all survivors escape. There’s nothing you can do in this situation AS SURVIVOR which I think that’s the point you’re not getting.

    If your friend hadn't stepped on trails this would not have happened. Sounds like he needs to be more aware of torment.

  • So when you're using undesirable tactics it's fine, but when the killer does it it's wrong? Seriously, the fact that you keep trying to tell me to move on is kinda telling. Do you really not want to acknowledge your flaws?

  • @Jyn_Mojito said:

    How do you know it was Killer entitlement and not bait? I had to learn the hard way that sometimes it's not the Killer that outplays you, but the team's altruism. It's nice when you can make it out as a team, but that mentality can very quickly turn a 1K into a 4K.

    And it has, too, especially against the purples and some reds I have faced. They had it won, all they had to do was leave. But, they just couldn't stand to leave that one friend behind. And many times, it turned the tables in the EGC. Every time? Of course not. But that has saved my matches from a blowout enough times.

  • @Xbob42 said:

    Sounds like For the People would've come in handy in this situation, as well as Dead Hard for the person in the cage. Styptic Agent as well. If no one had any of those, oh well. ######### happens.

    And he did a dance because he probably thought it was funny that you guys were ready to leave with no kills while at the same time rage quitting the second things take a turn. Do you know how many times, when the survivors open the exit gates, they sit inside so they can teabag before they leave? So close to every single time that it might as well be every single time. There's nothing I can do, literally NOTHING, when they stand on the edge inside the exit gate. If I hit them, they fall outside of the trial and escape. They do it simply to gloat about winning.

    Was the dance necessary? Nah, but neither is the incessant and endless teabagging done by 99% of survivors. Even if they don't do it on every single pallet (although some do even for this) they will almost all do it at the exit gates.

    I think it's all pretty tacky, but I don't fault the guy for being happy he was able to get something out of that mess. Sometimes you lose and the other team gloats. Gotta deal with it like we all do.

    Yeah I actually agree with your comment 100% I mean our teammate was mad but I was mad about the whole situation and I think I was more upset about it than he was. Thing is, god forbid you use a styptic, or Dead Hard, or for the people because killers will point it out in the blink of an eye and talk about how those perks are so unbalanced. But you’re right survivors also have their way of gloating too.

  • @RepostRiposte said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1590105#Comment_1590105

    If your friend hadn't stepped on trails this would not have happened. Sounds like he needs to be more aware of torment.

    In the heat of the moment when your being chased by a pyramid head while injured, avoiding stepping on the trails should be the last thing in your mind. It’s always these stupid comments lol.

  • @Jyn_Mojito said:

    How do you know it was Killer entitlement and not bait? I had to learn the hard way that sometimes it's not the Killer that outplays you, but the team's altruism. It's nice when you can make it out as a team, but that mentality can very quickly turn a 1K into a 4K.

    Yeah you’re not wrong at all. Being too altruistic can end up getting the killer more kills because It’s happened to me before in killer matches and survivor matches but in THAT MOMENT we wanted to get him out as safe as we could but that method of camping has no counterplay. Had it been another killer definitely could of made a play.

  • @Babyyy_Boyy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1590297#Comment_1590297

    Yeah you’re not wrong at all. Being too altruistic can end up getting the killer more kills because It’s happened to me before in killer matches and survivor matches but in THAT MOMENT we wanted to get him out as safe as we could but that method of camping has no counterplay. Had it been another killer definitely could of made a play.

    I don't disagree with you. Unfortunately, Pyramid Head's design seems very poorly thought out in terms of players camping with him. I mean hell, they already had to adjust the cages because somehow they failed to see how they would be camped in the first place. And then again with that power.

    The game is not new. Camping is not some new thing. How that type of oversight can happen in design and testing boggles my mind.

  • @Kilmeran said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1590326#Comment_1590326

    I don't disagree with you. Unfortunately, Pyramid Head's design seems very poorly thought out in terms of players camping with him. I mean hell, they already had to adjust the cages because somehow they failed to see how they would be camped in the first place. And then again with that power.

    The game is not new. Camping is not some new thing. How that type of oversight can happen in design and testing boggles my mind.

    Yeah I like how the devs removed his ability to see cage auras because that was a topic that was complained about a lot on these forums but his mechanic is still poorly designed because he can do a lot of nasty things with his cages like the example in the video.

  • @Babyyy_Boyy said:

    So me and my friends were SWFing And we ended up getting a pyramid head on this match, unfortunately the killer did not get a hook until almost the end of the match. Once the gens pop he chases the guy that got unhooked from earlier in the game and he unfortunately became tormented and cages him instead of hooking him. The killer ran right to the area of our caged teammate and we all were trying to save him but the killer stands there 4 feet away (which I feel like is still to close for the cage to not move) with his power ready to instantly kill him if we were to save him. There’s nothing we could of done as a team to get him out safely because borrowed time does not proc off cages or any unhooking perk for that matter. Unfortunately we rescued him from the cage because the exit gate was right next to us and wanted to make a play so we could escape as a team but the killer still downs him because of it. Our teammate was very upset as anyone would be and leaves the match and the killer thought it was funny to dance on his body and shake his head. Here’s a clip of what happened and if you don’t want to watch it that’s fine because I explained how the scene went but my question is why? Why do killers play like this? What makes you entitled for a kill knowing you lost? This is why survivors are toxic and bm and do other things to upset killers.

    ~Rant over

    https://youtu.be/n9tpkYizw9o

    You’re coming across a little entitled bud. I’m a PH main, and I agree. I’m not a fan of survivors staying tormented after hooking them. I’m not a fan of cages and the baby mori he has either. I wouldn’t mind a rework on him so he’s a little more balanced. However, you can’t play in a SWF and expect to get 4 out all the time. If somebody dies, don’t worry, it’s just a game...they’re still alive in real life....they can ready up for the next one. Take your L’s with class.

  • @Babyyy_Boyy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1590089#Comment_1590089

    And killers have this Idea that if they make someone rage quit and or camp to get a kill that they’re god tier. You’re literally the reason why survivors are toxic to innocent killers. You weren’t even in that match first of all and like I said don’t get mad when survivors act like A holes towards killer mains, they bring out the worst in survivors behavior.

    This is called projection. “Killers think they’re god tier if they make someone rage quit”

  • @EuphoricBliss35 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/187805/why-are-killers-allowed-to-do-this-please-watch

    You’re coming across a little entitled bud. I’m a PH main, and I agree. I’m not a fan of survivors staying tormented after hooking them. I’m not a fan of cages and the baby mori he has either. I wouldn’t mind a rework on him so he’s a little more balanced. However, you can’t play in a SWF and expect to get 4 out all the time. If somebody dies, don’t worry, it’s just a game...they’re still alive in real life....they can ready up for the next one. Take your L’s with class.

    It’s not the fact that I’m mad over a loss. I wasn’t the one who Dc’d. I’m more mad at behavior for making a killer with a stupid mechanic (no offense).

  • @IamFran said:

    Share a video of the full game, if you genrushed which is very possible, that was totally deserved for your team. Also your friend DCed.

    Gen rushing is a term used by awful killers who can't apply pressure. Want em to do totems instead then give em a reason. Yes sometimes people are placed all over the map but thats rng woes not genrush.

‹ 1 2 3 4