Why are killers allowed to do this? (Please Watch)

So me and my friends were SWFing And we ended up getting a pyramid head on this match, unfortunately the killer did not get a hook until almost the end of the match. Once the gens pop he chases the guy that got unhooked from earlier in the game and he unfortunately became tormented and cages him instead of hooking him. The killer ran right to the area of our caged teammate and we all were trying to save him but the killer stands there 4 feet away (which I feel like is still to close for the cage to not move) with his power ready to instantly kill him if we were to save him. There’s nothing we could of done as a team to get him out safely because borrowed time does not proc off cages or any unhooking perk for that matter. Unfortunately we rescued him from the cage because the exit gate was right next to us and wanted to make a play so we could escape as a team but the killer still downs him because of it. Our teammate was very upset as anyone would be and leaves the match and the killer thought it was funny to dance on his body and shake his head. Here’s a clip of what happened and if you don’t want to watch it that’s fine because I explained how the scene went but my question is why? Why do killers play like this? What makes you entitled for a kill knowing you lost? This is why survivors are toxic and bm and do other things to upset killers.

~Rant over

https://youtu.be/n9tpkYizw9o


Edit: Since I’m getting so many hate comments and negative comments I will not be responding to them as this post was just for people to see how broken pyramid head is still til this day. And although the devs already fixed the ability to remove cage auras from PH, it does not fix how broken the mechanic is still and how it can be abused like in the clip above.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Your hatred and generalizations of survivors is gross.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    You could have just waited long enough for the cage to respawn elsewhere on the map. If PH remains to close to a cage for too long, the cage respawns.

    ...No. The timer for the cage respawn is 1 second. But PH has to be very close for it to count down. He could have stayed there indefinitely.

  • @TreSen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1590073#Comment_1590073

    ...No. The timer for the cage respawn is 1 second. But PH has to be very close for it to count down. He could have stayed there indefinitely.

    Yeah thanks for being the 3rd billionth person to say that to me in this thread.

    I love spam.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Yep he camped, happens.

    I still don't understand why people don't get it. Dead By Daylight is a frustrating game by design, McCote said it himself at one point. Literally this game is built around these shenanigans.

    Teammates leave you for dead? Happens all the time.

    Killer tunnels you? It happens.

    Face camped? It happens.

    Survivors flock to broken structures? It happens.

    Farmed to death? It happens.

    Left to bleed-out? It happens.

    3 Gens pop in the first 90s of the match? It happens.

    See a pattern here? This is the nature of the game. The game is set up in a way to be unfair for both sides in certain scenarios. If the devs fixed every single little thing that bugged someone then we'd have a really boring M1 simulator.

    Next time, just leave your buddy behind. When I play SWF I leave them or they leave me when stuff like this happens, its just apart of the game you have to get used to. People are allowed to camp believe it or not, what's he supposed to do when you're all surrounding the caged player like that? Let him hit you so you can use your speed boost to escape? Yeah right, then the Killer would have the same complaint about that problem, see how its unfair for both ends? That's Dead By Daylight and I wouldn't have it any other way.

    couldn't say it better myself.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1593097#Comment_1593097

    Your hatred and generalizations of survivors is gross.

    Generalizations? OP did the exact same thing just reverse so nope. Hatred? Not really since it was most likely a joke or I took it as one

  • Reading this thread boils down the question nicely.

    Survivors should get free 4 escapes

    Killers shouldnt be allowed to 4k because its mean.

    If survivors do 5 gens then the killer has to sit there and do nothing because survivors DESERVE THE FREE BABYYY WIN

  • What else is the killer supposed to do in this scenario?

  • @ToxicMyers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1593126#Comment_1593126

    Generalizations? OP did the exact same thing just reverse so nope. Hatred? Not really since it was most likely a joke or I took it as one

    OP never generalized killers he ask why they are allowed to do x which all killers are allowed to do. Yes hate that guy does hate survivors.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1593097#Comment_1593097

    Your hatred and generalizations of survivors is gross.

    You're a survivor main right? You've admitted multiple times on multiple occasions you don't know how to play against spirit, people give you tutorials in those same threads.....you still make new threads and posts about how you can't play against spirit. The facts don't lie.

  • @Babyyy_Boyy said:

    So me and my friends were SWFing And we ended up getting a pyramid head on this match, unfortunately the killer did not get a hook until almost the end of the match. Once the gens pop he chases the guy that got unhooked from earlier in the game and he unfortunately became tormented and cages him instead of hooking him. The killer ran right to the area of our caged teammate and we all were trying to save him but the killer stands there 4 feet away (which I feel like is still to close for the cage to not move) with his power ready to instantly kill him if we were to save him. There’s nothing we could of done as a team to get him out safely because borrowed time does not proc off cages or any unhooking perk for that matter. Unfortunately we rescued him from the cage because the exit gate was right next to us and wanted to make a play so we could escape as a team but the killer still downs him because of it. Our teammate was very upset as anyone would be and leaves the match and the killer thought it was funny to dance on his body and shake his head. Here’s a clip of what happened and if you don’t want to watch it that’s fine because I explained how the scene went but my question is why? Why do killers play like this? What makes you entitled for a kill knowing you lost? This is why survivors are toxic and bm and do other things to upset killers.

    ~Rant over

    https://youtu.be/n9tpkYizw9o

    Edit: Since I’m getting so many hate comments and negative comments I will not be responding to them as this post was just for people to see how broken pyramid head is still til this day. And although the devs already fixed the ability to remove cage auras from PH, it does not fix how broken the mechanic is still and how it can be abused like in the clip above.

    Same reason I can do this stuff to a killer.

    https://youtu.be/8GuQRryPmao


  • @PigMainBigBrain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1593126#Comment_1593126

    You're a survivor main right? You've admitted multiple times on multiple occasions you don't know how to play against spirit, people give you tutorials in those same threads.....you still make new threads and posts about how you can't play against spirit. The facts don't lie.

    The "tutorials" I get are tru3tal3nts tutorial and something has to do with guessing. Counterplay that involves guessing isnt healthy.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1593256#Comment_1593256

    The "tutorials" I get are tru3tal3nts tutorial and something has to do with guessing. Counterplay that involves guessing isnt healthy.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srDxBWDu2Rk

    You mean like this? Funny, I've never seen him not loop a spirit for at least 2 to 3 gens per game....so if he's your tutorial source, why are you still so bad?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19fyTS63bQ4

    If you don't know how to mind game yet its not the killers fault.....its YOU.

  • @PigMainBigBrain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1593266#Comment_1593266

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srDxBWDu2Rk

    You mean like this? Funny, I've never seen him not loop a spirit for at least 2 to 3 gens per game....so if he's your tutorial source, why are you still so bad?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19fyTS63bQ4

    If you don't know how to mind game yet its not the killers fault.....its YOU.

    I always find it amusing people think he is a good player.

    While he understands the mechanics of the game really well. His decision making is subpar at best. His overly dramatic click bait videos. Along with how rude he can be towards his community. Not to mention his bad attitude.

    He's the "beginner's guide to Dead By Daylight" where anyone who wishes to get better quickly drops him as a streamer and watches someone else when they want to get better.

  • "This is why survivors are toxic and bm and do other things to upset killers." Im sorry for being harsh, but this probably one of the most idiotic mindsets in this community. The PH you played against could've played against a bunch of jerk survivors and maybe he said the same thing you did. Its just an endless circle of toxicity to which no one wins in the end.

  • Why can the killer do this?

    Because your video PROVES that it's still possible to save a survivor in this scenario. Your team mate had ample time to move out of the way of a telegraphed hit. They didn't. Ergo the fault is their own and the other 3 team mates who were not quick enough to get to the cage before a killer who couldn't even SEE the cage, managed to find it on the other side of the map (please correct me if im wrong but i do believe they spawn a good distance away?)

    I've also seen enough team mates teabag and flashlight blind at the gates that getting annoyed at someone dancing on a DC'er is just silly.

  • @PigMainBigBrain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1593266#Comment_1593266

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srDxBWDu2Rk

    You mean like this? Funny, I've never seen him not loop a spirit for at least 2 to 3 gens per game....so if he's your tutorial source, why are you still so bad?

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19fyTS63bQ4

    If you don't know how to mind game yet its not the killers fault.....its YOU.

    In the first video that spirit was bad. She brought ebony and noed. On top of that she hardly used her power in chase only when he was injured. A good spirit will phase regardless and use sounds other than moaning to find a survivor. Sure you may have just picked a video that said "red rank" but that does not equal skill. Find a video where it's a skilled spirit.

    The tutorial has things that have been debunked by scott. The only tells she has is like a hair glitch at 1 frame and the shards (you have to be melee range).

    I also probably made like 2 spirit posts. The ones I have been making are on DS and PH they have zoning abilities that makes the average spirit seem fun.

  • @PigMainBigBrain I disagree! I ReAd dem GuD!

    Seriously though, some things just take time to click. You can read all the tutorials you want, but it can take awhile to reach that A-Ha! moment, especially if a skill isn't naturally in your wheelhouse. Like I don't even need the Killer to mind game me, I mind game myself right into a sweet struggle snuggle.

  • @Jyn_Mojito said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1593097#Comment_1593097

    @PigMainBigBrain I disagree! I ReAd dem GuD!

    Seriously though, some things just take time to click. You can read all the tutorials you want, but it can take awhile to reach that A-Ha! moment, especially if a skill isn't naturally in your wheelhouse. Like I don't even need the Killer to mind game me, I mind game myself right into a sweet struggle snuggle.

    See this is a good mindset for improving, I wish some of the teammates I get had this instead of DC'ing on 1st down.

1 2 3 4 ›