Console optimization

Is it just me or is the optimization quite bad on console?

Share your thoughts/ experiences fellow console players

Edit: Since threads have been merged here is the original comment from a merged thread so you can freely comment on it too

Console players have been justifiably demanding decent frames for years and nothing has been done. We were promised an optimization two years ago. What came of that? Why is this not a priority? Why are we treated so coldly when we rightfully demand updates on what we were promised a long time ago?ย 

Most importantly, why should we believe we'll be listened to now? Because someone said that the devs were looking into it? Or that we've been heard? I'm sorry, but those vague answers aren't enough. We need real updates and clear communication.

This post isn't even just about console optimization or the devs not keeping their word. I would like to know why we should believe we've been heard when we've been brushed off for so long.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Considering their current actions it's not far fetched they been saying this since 2018 and it's even worse. Once again stop commenting on this post.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1589327#Comment_1589327

    I've heard similar claims before about, well, everything. Then the devs follow through and nobody so much as apologizes for their "totally legit criticism" (insults) of the devs.

    God Orion really tryna get that trusted status lately huh lol Trying to tell us, people who actually experience and have been experiencing frame drops and horrible optimization for years now that we just need to trust the devs that they'll fix it when they haven't touched it or made it better ever is so funny lol stay in your lane.

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1589337#Comment_1589337

    God Orion really tryna get that trusted status lately huh lol Trying to tell us, people who actually experience and have been experiencing frame drops and horrible optimization for years now that we just need to trust the devs that they'll fix it when they haven't touched it or made it better ever is so funny lol stay in your lane.

    This guy never getting it hws actually annoying trying to comment on this thread despite the fact he doesnt play on console or know the issues.

  • This game has a worse console port than XCOM 2 had. Which is saying a lot.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1590207#Comment_1590207

    This guy never getting it hws actually annoying trying to comment on this thread despite the fact he doesnt play on console or know the issues.

    Eh dont worry he pretty much goes to any post that criticizes the devs, constructive or not, and screams lol I think he just wants trusted or to be a mod.

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1590276#Comment_1590276

    Eh dont worry he pretty much goes to any post that criticizes the devs, constructive or not, and screams lol I think he just wants trusted or to be a mod.

    You sure because I looked at his profile and he said hes not fit to be trusted because hes "patronizing." Although these comments say otherwise quick to the devs defense.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1590363#Comment_1590363

    You sure because I looked at his profile and he said hes not fit to be trusted because hes "patronizing." Although these comments say otherwise quick to the devs defense.

    He says it either A. Make it look like he doesn't want it or B. Wants people to basically uplift him and be like "Noooo you're so nice!"

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    This game has a worse console port than XCOM 2 had. Which is saying a lot.

    That's an unfair assessment. Xcom 2 was functionally junk when it first dropped. The main menu lagged ffs. And losing all progress on the load screen back from a difficult mission was the cherry. DBD is still playable even with all its frustrating glitches.

    This comes from a guy who also played through from start to finish the PS3 port of Xcom 1 and Fallout New Vegas so I know broken ports.

  • Just wondering, where is the old thread?

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1590367#Comment_1590367

    He says it either A. Make it look like he doesn't want it or B. Wants people to basically uplift him and be like "Noooo you're so nice!"

    That makes alot of sense but I dont blame him hes clearly spent alot of time here with his 15k posts. Maybe he might get it.

  • @gelukrait said:

    Just wondering, where is the old thread?

    It got closed down. Now it will be lost in the void, although never forgotten for the unity it has brought us consolers in these hard times.

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1590367#Comment_1590367

    He says it either A. Make it look like he doesn't want it or B. Wants people to basically uplift him and be like "Noooo you're so nice!"

    @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1590207#Comment_1590207

    This guy never getting it hws actually annoying trying to comment on this thread despite the fact he doesnt play on console or know the issues.


    Please don't do this, guys. You can disagree all you want but please try to avoid talking about other commenters this way. It's kind of rude and it'll just make things worse.

  • @ShrimpTwiggs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1590374#Comment_1590374

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1590276#Comment_1590276

    Please don't do this, guys. You can disagree all you want but please try to avoid talking about other commenters this way. It's kind of rude and it'll just make things worse.

    Hes coming in the thread and killing the vibe. Tell me you agree with what hes saying.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1590400#Comment_1590400

    Hes coming in the thread and killing the vibe. Tell me you agree with what hes saying.

    I don't agree with them at all but I feel like there are better ways to handle the discussion. We should still try to keep things civil.

  • Dead by Daylight for PlayStation 4 game reviews & Metacritic score: Dead by Daylight is a multiplayer (4vs1) horror game where one player takes on the role of the savage Killer, and the other four players play as Survivors, tryi...


    Select your console/PC. Creating an account takes 30 seconds

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1590400#Comment_1590400

    Hes coming in the thread and killing the vibe. Tell me you agree with what hes saying.

    Yarr matey, I suggest we stop this talk of Orion lest this thread have the same unfortunate end as the last.

    Just ignore and stay on topic please and thank you ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’šโค๏ธ๐Ÿค

  • @ShrimpTwiggs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1590402#Comment_1590402

    I don't agree with them at all but I feel like there are better ways to handle the discussion. We should still try to keep things civil.

    Fair enough

  • @FambinoBambino_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1590402#Comment_1590402

    Yarr matey, I suggest we stop this talk of Orion lest this thread have the same unfortunate end as the last.

    Just ignore and stay on topic please and thank you ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’šโค๏ธ๐Ÿค

    Alright.

  • Let's focus on what issues you have with console.

    Some examples of times frames drop for killer:

    Entering bloodlust

    When fog offerings are used

    On maps like Leryโ€™s and Midwich

    When using Doctor

    When Myers tiers up

    Using certain cosmetics like Blight outfits

    When frames drop for killer it can cause:

    Slideshow/stutter effect that is disorienting for the player.

    Stutter that causes the killer to lose a survivor in chase

    Stutter that causes killer to miss a hit on a survivor


    Examples of times frames drop for survivor:

    When hit with Sloppy Butcher.

    When exposed status goes into effect - NOED, Mikey tier 3, GF mark, Devour Hope, Haunted Grounds, etc.

    If a survivor cleanses totem nearby - dull or lit.

    If a survivor searches a chest nearby.

    When a gen finishes.

    When another survivor is hooked.

    During skill check on gen if another survivor hops on.

    If Hag trap is set off nearby.

    When frames drop it can cause:

    Miss skill checks.

    Stutter during chase that causes survivor to be hit/downed.

    Survivor to miss ability to vault/drop pallet.

    Survivor to stop struggling on hook.

  • @FabsRinas said:

    I was going to say this on the main thread but it was closed before I could write it: from what I've gathered, most of the frame drops that aren't map specific happen when you get the little icon on the right for bloodlust, undetectable and perk related (ie hexes), if anyone has more information, please add it to this

    The devs know that. They themselves mentioned this on a dev stream ages ago (I believe it was somewhen in 2019).

    And yes, sadly enough, despite them being aware, nothing has changed.

  • @jisp3r said:

    Hello Devs,

    There has been an issue on PS4 when people use halloween skins that drops frames and even skill checks get weird. For example the Spirit halloween skin.

    Could you check that for us please? It is really annoying and affects our gameplay.

    Thanks in advance!

    I posted this on the bug section on February 18th.

    Got no answers and it is now on the archived bug section.

    THANK YOU BEHAVIOUR. THIS IS WHAT I SPENT MY MONEY ON YOUR GAME FOR...

    Disgusted.

  • @ShrimpTwiggs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1590402#Comment_1590402

    I don't agree with them at all but I feel like there are better ways to handle the discussion. We should still try to keep things civil.

    Lol you act as if they even care about console players or will even consider this thread in the first place.

  • So I got into a lobby. The game froze for 12 seconds! So when I got back in control there was only 48 seconds left on the timer.

    When even the menu/lobbies are this bad, there's something wrong with the code. How about directing resources into hiring capable employees for the programming team?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1590458#Comment_1590458

    Basically all this. Adding on:

    • Whenever hag's trap placement detection changes status (placeable vs non-placeable)
    • Whenever Demo's portal placement detection changes status (placeable vs non-placeable)
    • Whenever Ghostface initiates his stealth power for the first time
    • The chest thing happens upon every chest opened, regardless of distance (so, whenever the item spawns). I've used this to find people in the basement multiple times in the past. Kinda funny.

    The main thing I'd like to point out is that Midwich was A-okay on release. And then the mid-chapter came in and made it almost as bad as Lery's. It was pretty disappointing being optimistic about future maps being optimized properly and then having all that go to waste the next major patch after.

    I came to add Ghostface entering stealth to my list to see you already added it.

    I've also had frames drop when Doctor uses shock blast across the map from me.

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1588784#Comment_1588784

    The devs know that. They themselves mentioned this on a dev stream ages ago (I believe it was somewhen in 2019).

    And yes, sadly enough, despite them being aware, nothing has changed.

    That's pretty annoying that the devs acknowledged that issue and have yet to do anything to fix it.

  • You can see all the issues before even loading a game up, this is all on a Xbox One X :

    1. Even before starting the game the title screen just locks up (Ambers stop moving completely) when you press A to start
    2. The menus just plain lag everywhere and aren't smooth
    3. Try to navigate the blood web

    What gets me the most is the developers have asked for feedback where drops happen like they don't even play it on console, it seriously only takes one play session to see the issues rear their ugly head. Just a thought the developers that do stream on regular basis on Twitch should try playing the console versions on their stream for a month and see if its a pleasant experience.

  • @bm33 said:

    Let's focus on what issues you have with console.

    Some examples of times frames drop for killer:

    Entering bloodlust

    When fog offerings are used

    On maps like Leryโ€™s and Midwich

    When using Doctor

    When Myers tiers up

    Using certain cosmetics like Blight outfits

    When frames drop for killer it can cause:

    Slideshow/stutter effect that is disorienting for the player.

    Stutter that causes the killer to lose a survivor in chase

    Stutter that causes killer to miss a hit on a survivor

    Examples of times frames drop for survivor:

    When hit with Sloppy Butcher.

    When exposed status goes into effect - NOED, Mikey tier 3, GF mark, Devour Hope, Haunted Grounds, etc.

    If a survivor cleanses totem nearby - dull or lit.

    If a survivor searches a chest nearby.

    When a gen finishes.

    When another survivor is hooked.

    During skill check on gen if another survivor hops on.

    If Hag trap is set off nearby.

    When frames drop it can cause:

    Miss skill checks.

    Stutter during chase that causes survivor to be hit/downed.

    Survivor to miss ability to vault/drop pallet.

    Survivor to stop struggling on hook.

    All of these are perfect examples.

    A thread a week or 2 ago had a user that suggestion to go in the screen settings on ps4 and change the resolution from auto or 1080 to 720. I was able to do that it should improvement on my son's ps4 slim and on my PS4 Pro. I also own this game regrettably on xbox and have not looked for something similar. Hopefully if some in this thread were not aware this work around this will help.

    I still get frame drops but not as severe WE still need optimization on the console's we currently have not the next generation that is absolutely unacceptable and unforgivable.

    I have owned this game since launch on PS4 and have seen the peaks and valley's from various patches.

    I have not purchased any cosmetics or dlc's for a year now and i do not plan too. The last thing i bought was a $10 auric cell pack for the first rift after i hit tier 70 and i have used that same money to continue to purchase each new tome after i hit tier 70.

    I refuse to continue to fund a product that is inferior and a team of developers that i no longer have faith in.

  • might I remind everyone that they increased the tick rate, but I don't that will fix the fps problems on console, maybe a little, but we will see.

  • @MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky said:

    might I remind everyone that they increased the tick rate, but I don't that will fix the fps problems on console, maybe a little, but we will see.

    Wouldn't it technically make it worse due to more updates? IDK i'm not that good on optimisation and stuff.

    I have been playing though and I haven't felt a difference in frames.

  • I've been playing on ps4 since the begining of 2018 up to about maybe May/June of 2020.

    I never had the gaming experience on console others have had. Maybe it's because my ps4 is strong with the force...

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1590408#Comment_1590408

    Lol you act as if they even care about console players or will even consider this thread in the first place.

    They might not, but that doesn't mean we should let things get out of hand toward each other. These forums are full of enough toxicity as is.

  • When frames drop for me:

    • Receiving a status effect like Bloodlust, Mangled, Exposed, etc (all sides)
    • Playing on an indoor map (all Killers, gets worse as some)
    • When the Survivor starts having "jerky" movement to attempt things like 360s (all Killers)
    • Lery's and Dead Dawg drops to around 5-10 FPS (playing as Doctor and Freddy, it was like a PowerPoint presentation for me)
    • The Game and Midwich drops to 10-15 FPS (playing as Doctor and Freddy)
    • Trying to use Pyramid Head's power
    • Playing as Doctor and Freddy in general
    • When Demogorgon's portal placement status changes
    • Sometimes stutters causing me to lose Survivors
    • Sometimes FPS drops when I get a skill check (as Survivor)


  • Yeah theres been a memory leak in the game since the stranger things update.

    Basically the longer you play the worse your frames will be, its good to reset the app by closing it completely and relaunching it after a few games like maybe 6 or more? Anyways might as well do a reset after you play game with a fog offering as well.

    I know a few of ps4 streamers who do the app reset thing as well as myself.

    The best way to tell your frames are in the gutter is if you are hovering over your perks or bloodweb and go over multiple nodes or perks quickly and it goes superrrr slow...probably needs an app reset.

  • @Nemmy_Wemmy said:

    Yeah theres been a memory leak in the game since the stranger things update.

    Basically the longer you play the worse your frames will be, its good to reset the app by closing it completely and relaunching it after a few games like maybe 6 or more? Anyways might as well do a reset after you play game with a fog offering as well.

    I know a few of ps4 streamers who do the app reset thing as well as myself.

    The best way to tell your frames are in the gutter is if you are hovering over your perks or bloodweb and go over multiple nodes or perks quickly and it goes superrrr slow...probably needs an app reset.

    Yeah the memory leak is really bad for me. If i'm playing killer I have to reset every 3 games, when i'm playing demo every 2.

    One way I tell if my frames are low is by switching between killers. If it goes really slow i'll reset.

  • @Nemmy_Wemmy said:

    Yeah theres been a memory leak in the game since the stranger things update.

    Basically the longer you play the worse your frames will be, its good to reset the app by closing it completely and relaunching it after a few games like maybe 6 or more? Anyways might as well do a reset after you play game with a fog offering as well.

    I know a few of ps4 streamers who do the app reset thing as well as myself.

    The best way to tell your frames are in the gutter is if you are hovering over your perks or bloodweb and go over multiple nodes or perks quickly and it goes superrrr slow...probably needs an app reset.

    It reminds of the days when you had to reset your console and blow the cartridge to get the game to work lol.

  • @fcc2014 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1590458#Comment_1590458

    All of these are perfect examples.

    A thread a week or 2 ago had a user that suggestion to go in the screen settings on ps4 and change the resolution from auto or 1080 to 720. I was able to do that it should improvement on my son's ps4 slim and on my PS4 Pro. I also own this game regrettably on xbox and have not looked for something similar. Hopefully if some in this thread were not aware this work around this will help.

    I still get frame drops but not as severe WE still need optimization on the console's we currently have not the next generation that is absolutely unacceptable and unforgivable.

    I have owned this game since launch on PS4 and have seen the peaks and valley's from various patches.

    I have not purchased any cosmetics or dlc's for a year now and i do not plan too. The last thing i bought was a $10 auric cell pack for the first rift after i hit tier 70 and i have used that same money to continue to purchase each new tome after i hit tier 70.

    I refuse to continue to fund a product that is inferior and a team of developers that i no longer have faith in.

    I'm very concerned they will just expect people to lower settings for band aid fix until they buy a next gen rather than fix the issues so people can play on normal settings on current consoles. Their "we will continue to update current consoles" is very vague, it could just mean they will only be adding in new dlc/graphic updates but not bother optimizing. Myself, boyfriend, brother, and nephew are all no longer buying anything from DBD until the fix the FPS issues on current consoles. There's no point putting money towards a game that isn't giving attention to the platform we play on.

  • @Ryuzaki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1592335#Comment_1592335

    It reminds of the days when you had to reset your console and blow the cartridge to get the game to work lol.

    That's a perfect anology. It's pretty sad when you need to treat games in 2020 like that.

  • @Ryuzaki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1592335#Comment_1592335

    It reminds of the days when you had to reset your console and blow the cartridge to get the game to work lol.

    Oh gosh thats nostalgic haha good ole sega and nintendo 64 is what comes to mind immediately for me.

    @Leachy_Jr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1592335#Comment_1592335

    Yeah the memory leak is really bad for me. If i'm playing killer I have to reset every 3 games, when i'm playing demo every 2.

    One way I tell if my frames are low is by switching between killers. If it goes really slow i'll reset.

    Oh dang really? Well i was just stating what I remember doing, i havent played much killer since the mid chapter bc the frames have been that awful. I havent really played enough in a row as killer to do an app reset lately. Like one or 2 matches then i hop off or play survivor.

    I still reset as survivor after a few hours if its a long session. But still i wouldnt be surprised...that if I had played more killer lately that id have to do that every 2 or 3 games...killers my bread and butter...but ill stick to mostly survivor for now heheh

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1591622#Comment_1591622

    I'm very concerned they will just expect people to lower settings for band aid fix until they buy a next gen rather than fix the issues so people can play on normal settings on current consoles. Their "we will continue to update current consoles" is very vague, it could just mean they will only be adding in new dlc/graphic updates but not bother optimizing. Myself, boyfriend, brother, and nephew are all no longer buying anything from DBD until the fix the FPS issues on current consoles. There's no point putting money towards a game that isn't giving attention to the platform we play on.

    I read "we will continue to update current consoles"ย as a middle finger to us tbh. Maybe im wrong time will tell. As far as spending money i'm with you and made that decision almost a year ago. I will get the next gen consoles when a game gets released for it that i want. I don't want the first releases anyway, history has shown what issues those have had. The idea for someone to have to spend $500 to properly play a game they bought almost 3 1/2 years ago seems absurd to me.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1589401#Comment_1589401

    What I want is for people to describe their issues without insulting the devs or breaking other rules so that threads like this don't get closed because of some users saying stuff like "devs bad, lul" while everyone else justifies/accepts/excuses that behavior.

    Additionally, I want people to be honest about the devs' history instead of calling them liars all the time and saying they never follow through with anything.

    Finally, I want people to stop conflating "feedback" with "commands that the devs must follow no matter what". You'll (using a generic "you", I don't mean you specifically) have more realistic expectations when you understand the relationship between developer and customer, which will help prevent needless disillusionment.

    Orion speaking the most sense in here. ๐ŸŽ‰

  • @The_Bootie_Gorgon said:

    I've been playing on ps4 since the begining of 2018 up to about maybe May/June of 2020.

    I never had the gaming experience on console others have had. Maybe it's because my ps4 is strong with the force...

    same I don't have them either only thing I got is my ps4 overheat when starting the game and when a match is about to start after that game fine but it made my ps4 crash.

  • @Ryuzaki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1592335#Comment_1592335

    It reminds of the days when you had to reset your console and blow the cartridge to get the game to work lol.

    lol tho were the days what we blow on now make it work?

  • @fcc2014 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1592828#Comment_1592828

    I read "we will continue to update current consoles"ย as a middle finger to us tbh. Maybe im wrong time will tell. As far as spending money i'm with you and made that decision almost a year ago. I will get the next gen consoles when a game gets released for it that i want. I don't want the first releases anyway, history has shown what issues those have had. The idea for someone to have to spend $500 to properly play a game they bought almost 3 1/2 years ago seems absurd to me.

    My ps4 is currently running just fine so unless something happens to it I don't plan on getting a ps5 at launch. Like you said the first releases tend to have issues. I'd rather wait to avoid that as well as wait for the new games to go through their first few patches so when I play I can avoid as many bugs as possible. I'm not going to rush out to buy a new console for an old game that has only allowed the issues on current consoles to become worse instead of fixing them. Hopefully on the Q&A they answer the current console optimization questions with a straightforward answer about fixing fps.

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1593176#Comment_1593176

    My ps4 is currently running just fine so unless something happens to it I don't plan on getting a ps5 at launch. Like you said the first releases tend to have issues. I'd rather wait to avoid that as well as wait for the new games to go through their first few patches so when I play I can avoid as many bugs as possible. I'm not going to rush out to buy a new console for an old game that has only allowed the issues on current consoles to become worse instead of fixing them. Hopefully on the Q&A they answer the current console optimization questions with a straightforward answer about fixing fps.

    I'm counting down the days until September 8th, I hope the mods are prepared for the huge influx of complaints once the graphical update drops.

    I have seen the optimization question in the Q&A section which has a lot of upvotes. If BHVR don't respond to that question there is gonna be a lot of upset people i think.

  • Hey everyone, @Pulsar asked a great question in the Q&A section about console optimization with the graphical update here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/187979/console-optimization-with-the-graphical-update#latest

    Please head over to that post and let's get our voices heard!

  • Unfortunately we have alot of very upset console users here and rightly so the game is running poorly ruining our enjoyment of the game.

    I have a feeling that the question in the Q and A will not be answered as it will fall into the "topics that can not be answered" but let us hope. Please upvote regardless tho I have done so.

    I am deeply sorry if any of my posts went towards closing the original thread.

    We just are so desperate for an answer but please remain and polite respectful as you can and stick to the forum rules.

    Let us pray for an answer improvements for all consoles.

    ๐Ÿท๐Ÿ’–

  • @Ryuzaki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1593279#Comment_1593279

    I'm counting down the days until September 8th, I hope the mods are prepared for the huge influx of complaints once the graphical update drops.

    I have seen the optimization question in the Q&A section which has a lot of upvotes. If BHVR don't respond to that question there is gonna be a lot of upset people i think.

    My main concern about that question is they'll just focus on the graphic update part and not answer the fixing other fps issues for console. I'm hoping they don't do that and actually answer what their plans are for fixing fps on current consoles, especially since they are closing "duplicates" that directly ask about fps issues. There is one I saw that hadn't been closed titled "console" that is just about optimization that last I checked didn't have many upvotes.

  • Let us pray....

    We humble consolers pray for our frames, the frames of our friends and family, the frames of our neighbors, and most especially the frames of our brother and sister Switchers.

    We humble consolers ferverantly wish the mighty devs hear our prayers, and love our platforms as they love their child, DBD.

  • I too hope any sort of timetable for helping out ailing frames comes out of the Q&A session.

    I read a few pages back about experiencing freezes and drops while navigating the game menues, which I hadn't really tried myself as I spend little time in them. On my Xbox1 it either goes very slow or outright freezes thenever I swap between killers their roster page. I can't remember if there was a pause like that when changing killer in a lobby before they got locked. I also drop frames heavily in pretty much any part of the store. especially playing around with cosmetics. I will experiment more later on.

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    I too hope any sort of timetable for helping out ailing frames comes out of the Q&A session.

    I read a few pages back about experiencing freezes and drops while navigating the game menues, which I hadn't really tried myself as I spend little time in them. On my Xbox1 it either goes very slow or outright freezes thenever I swap between killers their roster page. I can't remember if there was a pause like that when changing killer in a lobby before they got locked. I also drop frames heavily in pretty much any part of the store. especially playing around with cosmetics. I will experiment more later on.

    Just watch the fog on the loading its very noticeable the freezing have no idea what it's like for xbox 1 but my PlayStation sounds like a jet engine during the load screen also.

    I did watch a YouTube video on how to clean out your ps4 the guy doing said that dust etc can cause frame drops and stuttering so going to clean out my ps4 at the weekend.

    Also I was watching a streamer who plays dbd regularly on pc and he even said that dbd is really badly optimised for pc. So it's not just us but we have it worse.

    Will let you know if I see any improvements! good luck with your experiments tho. Unsure if your playing cross play if so I truly hope to see you in the fog.

1 โ€ฆ 4 5 6 7 8