Console optimization

Is it just me or is the optimization quite bad on console?

Share your thoughts/ experiences fellow console players

Edit: Since threads have been merged here is the original comment from a merged thread so you can freely comment on it too

Console players have been justifiably demanding decent frames for years and nothing has been done. We were promised an optimization two years ago. What came of that? Why is this not a priority? Why are we treated so coldly when we rightfully demand updates on what we were promised a long time ago?Β 

Most importantly, why should we believe we'll be listened to now? Because someone said that the devs were looking into it? Or that we've been heard? I'm sorry, but those vague answers aren't enough. We need real updates and clear communication.

This post isn't even just about console optimization or the devs not keeping their word. I would like to know why we should believe we've been heard when we've been brushed off for so long.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Ok if I don't restart my Xbox (not just the game a hard reset of the console) every 5-6 matches the menus get slower and slower. Likewise for running bloodwebs they jam up and stutter badly without frequent restarts, especially multiple lvl 50 webs it's really noticable cursor teleports around the screen for like 6-7 seconds.

  • @bm33 said:

    Let's focus on what issues you have with console.

    Some examples of times frames drop for killer:

    Entering bloodlust

    When fog offerings are used

    On maps like Lery’s and Midwich

    When using Doctor

    When Myers tiers up

    Using certain cosmetics like Blight outfits

    When frames drop for killer it can cause:

    Slideshow/stutter effect that is disorienting for the player.

    Stutter that causes the killer to lose a survivor in chase

    Stutter that causes killer to miss a hit on a survivor

    Examples of times frames drop for survivor:

    When hit with Sloppy Butcher.

    When exposed status goes into effect - NOED, Mikey tier 3, GF mark, Devour Hope, Haunted Grounds, etc.

    If a survivor cleanses totem nearby - dull or lit.

    If a survivor searches a chest nearby.

    When a gen finishes.

    When another survivor is hooked.

    During skill check on gen if another survivor hops on.

    If Hag trap is set off nearby.

    When frames drop it can cause:

    Miss skill checks.

    Stutter during chase that causes survivor to be hit/downed.

    Survivor to miss ability to vault/drop pallet.

    Survivor to stop struggling on hook.

    Adding to my list:

    As survivor entering into Freddy's Dream World

    As Ghostface entering into stealth


    I had someone get hit near me and my frames dropped during a skill check. Killer was running Sloppy.

  • @Ryuzaki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1593279#Comment_1593279

    I'm counting down the days until September 8th, I hope the mods are prepared for the huge influx of complaints once the graphical update drops.

    I have seen the optimization question in the Q&A section which has a lot of upvotes. If BHVR don't respond to that question there is gonna be a lot of upset people i think.

    @bm33 all they will do is ignore player complaints and close the threads. History has shown it when it comes to console. A large portion of the console community said they did not want to cross play with pc and wanted an opt out over a year ago when the surveys asked about cross play and what happened? Console users have been complaining about frame rate drop since the curtain call chapter was released how long ago was that more than 2 years ago.

    They don't care about console.

  • @Darkskies said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1594454#Comment_1594454

    Just watch the fog on the loading its very noticeable the freezing have no idea what it's like for xbox 1 but my PlayStation sounds like a jet engine during the load screen also.

    I did watch a YouTube video on how to clean out your ps4 the guy doing said that dust etc can cause frame drops and stuttering so going to clean out my ps4 at the weekend.

    Also I was watching a streamer who plays dbd regularly on pc and he even said that dbd is really badly optimised for pc. So it's not just us but we have it worse.

    Will let you know if I see any improvements! good luck with your experiments tho. Unsure if your playing cross play if so I truly hope to see you in the fog.

    I turned off Crossplay the day it came out, after several laggy af surv rounds and two of three truely soul crushing attempts to roll out my Piggy.

    Each of the three were all globes, running the usual perks around my lowly rank of 13. All three games were indoor maps of course, and the last one was two, two mind you, Lery's offerings and a fog enhancer. I do not think any of the matches were SWF, or they lacked obvious coordination.

    1. Gideon. One kill purely due to a 16 Claud not knowing an active trap kills at the gate. Frame drops when breaking pallets, a gen popping, and in particular applying Sloppy ram me into walls really badly. Last gen popping froze the game for a few seconds.

    2. Lab. Two dc when we load in, lots of booping of snoot and farming action the rest of the way. Only frame drops I noticed were bloodlust poppin n droppin, and for each of the four unhook animations.

    3. Lery's. During the camera 360 turn when we loaded in the game froze for a couple seconds. Lost frames when I hit bloodlust each and every time, causing several whiffs. Lost more frames each time I had to vault of all things, something new to me or I never noticed it before. Gen popping close froze game a bit. Frames very bad in the center room I tried to stay outta there. The simplest butt wiggle in front of me and I hit air. 0 kills.

    Bottom line:

    Lery's + fog offering + Xbox = bad day at the office.

  • I played on Lerry's as Trapper last night and it was really rough. The frame rate issues made that map almost unplayable for me. I kept missing swings, the swing itself would feel choppy and there wasn't anything I could do to perform better against the survivors I got. Definitely one of the most frustrating matches I've had in this game so far and I'm not one to complain about anything when I play killer. But that frame rate? Sheesh!

  • I'm concerned for Tuesday.. if no love comes to console..... i don't how the experience is going to be on those beautiful badham maps, is anyone going to be able to enjoy the nice updates coming next week? Because I'm stoked and wanna play my arse off when the blight comes out..... but if my game turns into a blur because the frame rate is awful.. then why would I wanna continue spending my time and money on the game?

  • @Bravo0413 said:

    I'm concerned for Tuesday.. if no love comes to console..... i don't how the experience is going to be on those beautiful badham maps, is anyone going to be able to enjoy the nice updates coming next week? Because I'm stoked and wanna play my arse off when the blight comes out..... but if my game turns into a blur because the frame rate is awful.. then why would I wanna continue spending my time and money on the game?

    Don't worry BHVR have got you covered! Spend $500 on a next gen console for better framerate πŸ˜…

  • @Bravo0413 said:

    I'm concerned for Tuesday.. if no love comes to console..... i don't how the experience is going to be on those beautiful badham maps, is anyone going to be able to enjoy the nice updates coming next week? Because I'm stoked and wanna play my arse off when the blight comes out..... but if my game turns into a blur because the frame rate is awful.. then why would I wanna continue spending my time and money on the game?

    Me too. Fingers crossed that they finally give us at least some answer/info.

    At this point it feels like it's intentional that the bloodlust kicks in just when you are getting the second hit. This game robbs so much hooks from the killer that it is insane.

    I'm just happy that I got my killer challenges out of the way and I don't need to play killer in almost two weeks. I got the shards and 2,4 mil bps preserved to unlock the new perks when the chapter comes out. If I didn't have the shards I certainly wouldn't support this game by buying the chapter. No money from me until the console issues are acknowledged.

  • lets just hope the graphics don't destroy our consoles lol

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1594506#Comment_1594506

    I turned off Crossplay the day it came out, after several laggy af surv rounds and two of three truely soul crushing attempts to roll out my Piggy.

    Each of the three were all globes, running the usual perks around my lowly rank of 13. All three games were indoor maps of course, and the last one was two, two mind you, Lery's offerings and a fog enhancer. I do not think any of the matches were SWF, or they lacked obvious coordination.

    1. Gideon. One kill purely due to a 16 Claud not knowing an active trap kills at the gate. Frame drops when breaking pallets, a gen popping, and in particular applying Sloppy ram me into walls really badly. Last gen popping froze the game for a few seconds.

    2. Lab. Two dc when we load in, lots of booping of snoot and farming action the rest of the way. Only frame drops I noticed were bloodlust poppin n droppin, and for each of the four unhook animations.

    3. Lery's. During the camera 360 turn when we loaded in the game froze for a couple seconds. Lost frames when I hit bloodlust each and every time, causing several whiffs. Lost more frames each time I had to vault of all things, something new to me or I never noticed it before. Gen popping close froze game a bit. Frames very bad in the center room I tried to stay outta there. The simplest butt wiggle in front of me and I hit air. 0 kills.

    Bottom line:

    Lery's + fog offering + Xbox = bad day at the office.

    I turned crossplay after the first day as well. Between bad teammates and the game feeling even worse with frames/lags I was done after trying a dozen matches on the first day. My waits were actually worse with crossplay on, as soon as I turned it off I was getting into lobbies much faster. If I couldn't turn off crossplay I would've just deleted the game after that first day because it was awful.

  • @Ryuzaki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1595759#Comment_1595759

    Don't worry BHVR have got you covered! Spend $500 on a next gen console for better framerate πŸ˜…

    Buy a next gen console so a 4 year old game will run properly. πŸ˜‚

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1596556#Comment_1596556

    Buy a next gen console so a 4 year old game will run properly. πŸ˜‚

    Who said properly? Maybe just a lil better...

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1595654#Comment_1595654

    I turned crossplay after the first day as well. Between bad teammates and the game feeling even worse with frames/lags I was done after trying a dozen matches on the first day. My waits were actually worse with crossplay on, as soon as I turned it off I was getting into lobbies much faster. If I couldn't turn off crossplay I would've just deleted the game after that first day because it was awful.

    My waits were about the same for Surv but instant as always for killer without Crossplay.

  • properly is BHVR speak for "prettygoodjobsofar"

  • Yeah, true, that was my bad. Guess could say it's wishful thinking? πŸ˜‚

  • Oh man, if it's BHVR speak for that it needs to be way better than that. πŸ˜‚

  • So an update from myself I took apart my ps4 gave it a clean. It no longer sounded like a jet engine while the game loaded up or while playing.so that's good.

    Unfortunately while playing surivior we got lerys and it was still really bad frame rate wise which I was super sad about as was against a Amanda's letter piggy.

    Skill checks was super weird like stuttery. I was getting huge frame drops when I used lithe after vaulting a window. I had a green 70 ping also.

    So sad to say cleaning out my ps4 did nothing to help apart from the noise my ps4 makes while playing dbd.

    Clearly this wasn't an enjoyable experience for myself and my friend I was playing with.

    I really don't understand we both was discussing that the new lerys when first came to console never felt this bad. It's very noticeable the frames on that map compared to others.

    🐷

  • @Darkskies said:

    So an update from myself I took apart my ps4 gave it a clean. It no longer sounded like a jet engine while the game loaded up or while playing.so that's good.

    Unfortunately while playing surivior we got lerys and it was still really bad frame rate wise which I was super sad about as was against a Amanda's letter piggy.

    Skill checks was super weird like stuttery. I was getting huge frame drops when I used lithe after vaulting a window. I had a green 70 ping also.

    So sad to say cleaning out my ps4 did nothing to help apart from the noise my ps4 makes while playing dbd.

    Clearly this wasn't an enjoyable experience for myself and my friend I was playing with.

    I really don't understand we both was discussing that the new lerys when first came to console never felt this bad. It's very noticeable the frames on that map compared to others.

    🐷

    Darn you Lery's!! I find the center room the biggest problem for either role, but killing on this map is sooooo fustrating. And I swear whenever I roll out my Piggy and i get Lery's (with or without offering) there usually seems to be a fog offering too, and this combo makes my Xbox want to throw itself down a well...

  • yeah there is no excuse cuz games like doom eternal got 60 fps on console

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1598683#Comment_1598683

    Darn you Lery's!! I find the center room the biggest problem for either role, but killing on this map is sooooo fustrating. And I swear whenever I roll out my Piggy and i get Lery's (with or without offering) there usually seems to be a fog offering too, and this combo makes my Xbox want to throw itself down a well...

    That is the first time I played it as survivor and saw it in such a state it seems to be getting worse. The piggy I was versing I think was pc so hopefully it wasn't horrible for her as it was for us.

    This is kinda good news tho so far frame rate issues seem to be heavily be effecting killers more so but from what I witness we could be seeing more posts from surviour mains coming forward with complaints.

    Not that I wish bad times on anyone just more voices speaking up the better.

    @A_Can_Of_Air if you could be so kind as to share your experience coming from pc to console here we would very muchly appreciate it.

    Very happy to see pc gamers going to console and seeing how horrible it is for us.

    πŸ·πŸ’–

  • Its crazy because xbox can have it at 60fps if the game would just be xbox one x enhanced. I dont know why they cant just upgrade it to that. And i wasnt aware they said they will just delete any posts about it . That's pretty messed I put ALOT of cash into this game and i stream it to at least 20 people max as a smalltime streamer. That comment has me rethinking my choice to buy dlcs and skins.

  • OK just trying to do my rift challenges loaded up Wraith and got an error code, might be to do with the blight top half I had equipped lol

    I just love my dark souls Wraith time to be boring I guess no fancy skins for us!

    😭

  • also i see alot of posts that run crazily off topic and they are still active to this day so............

  • @Nobsyde said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1588496#Comment_1588496

    yeah, if anything this is the main thing that upsets me.

    Not the fact that Mods/Devs aren't responding.

    Not the fact that they not only closed the thread, but black listed the topic "console framerate" from the forum (don't worry, this topic will get closed/silenced by the end of the day).

    Not the fact that the only dramah inside the thread was caused by their answers or lack thereof.

    But the fact that the thread was astoundingly respectful, overall "in-topic" and exceptionally self-moderated, for example our discouraging the promotion of review bombing that you just mentioned. If the problem was a couple of people "bumping" without real reason the thread (spoiler alert: until the frame rate issue is solved, there always will be a good reason to have the topic in the front page), they could have banned these users.

    Instead they just didn't care about the entirety of the console community and closed a wonderful thread (...and banned the culprits anyway, because at that point why not).

    But I'll be patient. Next tuesday we'll see how far patience can go, though.

    EDIT: I'll make some tests to measure how fps have changed when the new patch comes out, which will be summarised in a video

    If anybody wants to help with the performance tests contact me on discord:Β Nobsyde#3391

    (I'm specifically looking for Xbox, Xbox X, PS4 Pro and Switch users)

    I would help but I don’t have ps4 pro

  • @ill_Boston_lli said:

    also i see alot of posts that run crazily off topic and they are still active to this day so............

    I can understand we was bumping being off topic extra fully will say that we was trying to keep the topic just up to get noticed and get some sort of support.

    Alot if us was polite and respectful but that was not noticed. To say they will delete any topic about the subject did not sit well with me personally and it totally shook the hornets nest also.

    We just wasn't support on a game we love and enjoy and to be able to play with out such heavy disadvantages.

    I have bought so much that I can not enjoy also not anymore and I was heavily doing so because I believed in supporting bhrv in hopes they would improve things.

  • @Darkskies said:

    OK just trying to do my rift challenges loaded up Wraith and got an error code, might be to do with the blight top half I had equipped lol

    I just love my dark souls Wraith time to be boring I guess no fancy skins for us!

    😭

    The most common error code I still encounter in the game is when i am forcibly dc'd, with it telling me i have no Internet Connection. Despite neither my chat party nor stream failing. Not as common as it uses to be, but busts up SWF when it does

  • What caught my eye more was that comment about how "good" everything looks....and it only has 13 likes. Really seems like the whole community response to the graphics changes isn't as enthusiastic as the devs like to portray.

    I'm worried about console optimization as much as I'm worried about optimization for PC mainly because the PTB halved my framerate on Badham and Yamaoka. I am certain this isn't going to be fun, and with anti-aliasing still forcibly enabled, the game looks just as ugly as it does on live.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1599273#Comment_1599273

    I was a console player (PS4 and later Xbox) for at least two years. To put it into perspective, The Pig was the first new Killer I got to experience on console, and Deathslinger was the last, before making the transition to PC. Those days where insta-heals were a thing, Decisive Strike was a get out of jail for free card and and Freddy was...well...Freddy.

    By the time the frames got as bad as they are now, i had already made the switch, so that's why I went back to Xbox to give it a try. It was horrible. Starting on console, my eyes were used to the framerate issues it's always suffered, but it has certainly gotten worse since I was last on it. Not only does it perform worse, but visually it just looks...bad in comparison to PC. The state it's in now compared to the PC version is inexcusable and for them to (most likely) ignore current gen in favour of hoping for better performance on next gen is just gross. I don't wish any ill will on the devs, but for this issue to go ignored for almost TWO YEARS is just wrong. I really do hope something comes of this thread and the people speaking out, because the state that console is in now is inexcusable when you're charging premium prices for cosmetics and the rift pass AND chapters.

    I think the fact that it's not only a noticeable difference between PC and console but also from the last time you played console says alot about the lack of care that's gone into console performance.

  • Played with xplay on and off today as survivor.

    While off... Fair game, functional dead hard and vaulting is possible.

    While on... Been put into dying state exhausted due to pressing X for dead hard many times and vaulting is merely possible...

    The fps is key in this game. I can't have fun with xplay on...

    And since it is key... Fix it so we don't get screwed by something out of our control. That's frustrating.

  • @MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky said:

    lets just hope the graphics don't destroy our consoles lol

    hope not either ps4 already overheats

  • @jisp3r said:

    Played with xplay on and off today as survivor.

    While off... Fair game, functional dead hard and vaulting is possible.

    While on... Been put into dying state exhausted due to pressing X for dead hard many times and vaulting is merely possible...

    The fps is key in this game. I can't have fun with xplay on...

    And since it is key... Fix it so we don't get screwed by something out of our control. That's frustrating.

    When I had crossplay on the game felt worse. Way more laggy/glitchy than normal.

  • Tomorrow is a big day for us console players as the graphical update drops, I will be testing performance on as many maps and killers as I can; I will report back to this post with my findings.

  • @Ryuzaki said:

    Tomorrow is a big day for us console players as the graphical update drops, I will be testing performance on as many maps and killers as I can; I will report back to this post with my findings.

    I'll check killers as well. Will also see if there's any improvement to the list I've shared here to survivor gameplay or if it gets worse.

  • @Ryuzaki said:

    Tomorrow is a big day for us console players as the graphical update drops, I will be testing performance on as many maps and killers as I can; I will report back to this post with my findings.

    I'm trying to be optimistic and am hoping some of our fps concerns are addressed, or an minimum not made any worse.

    My heart says wait and see, my guts say my Xbox will melt and slide off onto the floor...

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1590458#Comment_1590458

    Adding to my list:

    As survivor entering into Freddy's Dream World

    As Ghostface entering into stealth

    I had someone get hit near me and my frames dropped during a skill check. Killer was running Sloppy.

    Adding to the list:

    When someone screams from madness/shock. Was playing Swf, teammate's frames dropped during struggle when someone screamed across map. Not sure if it was shock or just madness from doctor.

  • I play nurse on ps4 and has very low fps.

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1595137#Comment_1595137

    Adding to the list:

    When someone screams from madness/shock. Was playing Swf, teammate's frames dropped during struggle when someone screamed across map. Not sure if it was shock or just madness from doctor.

    I guess it's a bad day to play against Doctor on console. I had been hit with a single blast and was injured. While healing I had couple skill checks then screen did fps drop after sound of skill check and the skill check itself only flashed on the screen so I missed the skill check even though it cutaway on its own. Finish healing without having anymore skillchecks, get hit with blast again. Now every time static hits my screen I get fps drops. Try to work gen and hear skill check sounds but nothing popping up on my screen. My swf teammate gets hooked and after couple hits of struggle frames drop and he dies. Random gets downed and DC while being hooked. At this point I can't even work gen from frame drops so I just run up to Doc to have him kill me. Previous match and next match back to the regular crappy fps. Seems like playing against Doctors is just causing extra bad fps issues today.

  • The game is bad in old maps to me the reworked ones didnt lag but it was my very first match of the day on console and we all know that it goes PRETTY BAD after 2 matches in a row

  • New fps issues when playing survivor:

    When Freddy hits someone nearby and sends them into the dream world.

    When Blight uses his power nearby.

    When Thanatophobia is activated. - this one is worrisome simply because not sure if other perk effects will cause issues similar to when status effects pop up on the screen.

  • I won't be able to try out this chapter until the weekend, but the various posts I've read so far have not given me the warm fuzzies...

  • I play nurse on Xbox one and when I’m awarded a precise blink I can’t attack or frames will drop if there’s multiple survivors. Had someone spam a flashlight in the exit gate which caused frames to drop. Pretty Much any status change causes frames to drop.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1589351#Comment_1589351

    You're confusing "ignoring" for "not doing exactly what the feedback says". The devs do the latter, like any rational human being would and should given all the contradictory feedback. Some people thought old Legion and Deathslinger were just fine. Others did not. So when you say they "ignored" the feedback, what you really mean is that they didn't do what you wanted.

    Let's run the list, shall we?

    • Graphical upgrade? Currently being worked on.
    • Camping penalty? Done.
    • More licensed killers? Done.
    • More lore? Done.
    • MMR? Currently being worked on.
    • Hillbilly rework? Done.
    • Leatherface rework? Done.
    • Legion rework? Done.
    • Freddy rework? Done.
    • Nurse rework? Done.

    That's just off the top of my head.

    Nobody asked for the Nurse or Billy reworks, last I recall, and if they want crossplay to completely work, they should have resolved the console issues, to try to make an equal playing field. The fact they haven't for years is deserving of rightful criticism.

    If they ignore feedback, then what is the point of the PTBs and the Forums? Why do these exist, if not to discuss feedback? And the console feedback was not one or two people, but a lot of them, myself included. They cannot just ignore it when it is something many, many people are discussing because it is a problem.

  • Huge fps drop on ps4 when bloodlust tier up

  • OK I think they are done with current console generation...

    That's the only explanation to this garbage the game is today.

  • So, the Q&A was yesterday. What did you guys/gals think about the answer we got?

    @Nobsyde @bm33 @Ryuzaki @JPLongstreet @Pulsar

    I got the feeling that they are just hoping the issues to fix themselves as they upgrade the graphics. But we didn't get any answer to the problems with killer powers (doc, demo), status effects or the quite new maps with most problems (lery's, hawkings). All in all they answered very shortly to the question and didn't go into much detail.

    How has the FPS been for you after the patch?

    I have only played survivor but there's been the same problems with stutters and fps drops.


    Edit. Also interested to hear what @SnakeSound222 @The__High_Ground @MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky think.

  • @Stinde said:

    So, the Q&A was yesterday. What did you guys/gals think about the answer we got?

    @Nobsyde @bm33 @Ryuzaki @JPLongstreet @Pulsar

    I got the feeling that they are just hoping the issues to fix themselves as they upgrade the graphics. But we didn't get any answer to the problems with killer powers (doc, demo), status effects or the quite new maps with most problems (lery's, hawkings). All in all they answered very shortly to the question and didn't go into much detail.

    How has the FPS been for you after the patch?

    I have only played survivor but there's been the same problems with stutters and fps drops.

    Edit. Also interested to hear what @SnakeSound222 @The__High_Ground @MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky think.

    Ive personally found literally no difference in frames tbh. However the reworked maps have felt a tiny bit smoother, but I haven't had time to test them properly yet. Lerys, midwich etc still trash.

    Apparently PH and blight are quite bad on frames coming from my friend.

  • @Leachy_Jr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1614873#Comment_1614873

    Ive personally found literally no difference in frames tbh. However the reworked maps have felt a tiny bit smoother, but I haven't had time to test them properly yet. Lerys, midwich etc still trash.

    Apparently PH and blight are quite bad on frames coming from my friend.

    That's what I was afraid of. I've thought about trying the blight but it gives me too much anxiety since I'm rank 1 right now. I think I'll wait for rank reset in two days and hope I get a little more chill survivors.

    I've only had two matches in the new preschool against a clown and nurse. The nurse seemed to have problems to blink in some parts of the map, it seemed like there could be invisible parts where the nurse would get stuck on if she tries to do a short blink. I have to wait to play more matches on the new maps and analyze more of the performance. Old maps though are still trash, just like you said.

  • @Stinde said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1614905#Comment_1614905

    That's what I was afraid of. I've thought about trying the blight but it gives me too much anxiety since I'm rank 1 right now. I think I'll wait for rank reset in two days and hope I get a little more chill survivors.

    I've only had two matches in the new preschool against a clown and nurse. The nurse seemed to have problems to blink in some parts of the map, it seemed like there could be invisible parts where the nurse would get stuck on if she tries to do a short blink. I have to wait to play more matches on the new maps and analyze more of the performance. Old maps though are still trash, just like you said.

    I have played the preschool freddys new map twice as nurse and was very happy to see that I had no issues regarding frames. I am actually going to try out demo and doctor on the new maps and will come back with my findings.

    I was playing my girl piggy on the asylum map and I hit blood lust one while chasing around the building my game stuttered and frames dropped hugely with the new effect that happens when you hit blood lust.

    I have played survivor and feel the same issues with frame drops with status effects being applied are still there.

    I am yet to catch the Q & A but seems like from what your saying that's not good.

    πŸ·πŸ’–

    Edit to say.. My nurse game on bad pre school I couldn't blink down at the small house with the truck and found other dead zones but to be fair I suck at nurse so could of been just me lol

  • @Darkskies said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1614940#Comment_1614940

    I have played the preschool freddys new map twice as nurse and was very happy to see that I had no issues regarding frames. I am actually going to try out demo and doctor on the new maps and will come back with my findings.

    I was playing my girl piggy on the asylum map and I hit blood lust one while chasing around the building my game stuttered and frames dropped hugely with the new effect that happens when you hit blood lust.

    I have played survivor and feel the same issues with frame drops with status effects being applied are still there.

    I am yet to catch the Q & A but seems like from what your saying that's not good.

    πŸ·πŸ’–

    Edit to say.. My nurse game on bad pre school I couldn't blink down at the small house with the truck and found other dead zones but to be fair I suck at nurse so could of been just me lol

    Nice to hear that at least the new maps are better as killer. If you mean the house of pain that's where the nurse I played against had most problems. She too couldn't blink to the basement.

  • Since the last chapter, I can't play without the game being crashed. Optimization will be in 2025 maybe.

1 … 5 6 7 8