If you 1st hook mori you’re bad.

Killers who first hook mori with an ebony are bad because they can’t 4K a decent team without it. Change my mind.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • You play fair-ish, you get hooks.

    You play fair, you get hatch.

    You play a**hole, you get mori.

    You play dorky, i get pallet, i show you totems, you get door.

  • @The_Bootie_Gorgon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1577530#Comment_1577530

    i was happy as a clam on the 100th episode of one piece and tequila...but now i gotta turn on dbd to see if i even have moris on my pc killers 🤣☠👀💀🤬

    lol it's even a challenge turning my pc on...if i can land hit survivors in my current state...potatoes

  • Idiot killer today playing as GF. Hooked 1, camped the area, mori. Hooked me, escaped into corner after unhooked, GF returns and Mori's me. Ffs, we had 3 gens still to do and it was a very even game until he decided spoil it.

    I can see the need to take an Ebony mori into a match as SWF insurance, but to use them on first hooked survivors early game is just ridiculous.

  • @SMitchell8 said:

    Idiot killer today playing as GF. Hooked 1, camped the area, mori. Hooked me, escaped into corner after unhooked, GF returns and Mori's me. Ffs, we had 3 gens still to do and it was a very even game until he decided spoil it.

    I can see the need to take an Ebony mori into a match as SWF insurance, but to use them on first hooked survivors early game is just ridiculous.

    I definitely agree. Matches like those are so annoying as well.


  • Who cares.


    DBD dosen't reward you playing well at the game with the exception of a couple more thousand BP. Which offerings -and events- will offset anyway. I tried being good at DBD and getting to rank 1 and even done it.


    All I got was alot of stress and being paired up constantly with swf-the worst experience a killer can get besides a comm team- same with MMR. I'd rather let people go and have crappy MMR and keep my games casual than have to sweat against some cocky swf gen rush brigade because I had the audacity to try and play decently for 3 rounds.



    You don't get any cosmetics for reaching top ranks. You don't get extra points or shard or a free item or access to some form of prestige perk or whatever. All you get is stress and people Tbagging at you the gate and saying you shouldn't be at rank one because you couldn't out play an unavoidable, chest high unmindgamable loop for 20 seconds while 3 gens pops at the same time.


    I'd rather be a bad killer than have such bad games.

  • @Babyyy_Boyy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1577407#Comment_1577407

    How do you deserve to get mori’d? I don’t get it. You make no sense. You do realize killers put on a mori before the match starts not during a match right? Look at you, you sound dumb.

    You're acting like there's a mori every game. This may be the case at green ranks where you play - but at red ranks, it's not.

    But okay - insult me.

  • @EntitledMyersMain said:

    I see Blendette. Blendette hook. Blendette unhook? Blendette Mori.

    Nothing to do with skill, as you can see.

    using a mori on a blendette is like donating to charity thank you for your service

  • I like the term 'inexperienced'. Although, others are right. It doesn't necessarily mean they're 'inexperienced', it just means they're ######### or insecure. I definitely wouldn't mori one group off first hook just because of something the last group did. The best thing to do in that situation (if a particular group are being little a-holes) is be one in return. There are plenty of ways to make the responsible survivors miserable.

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1577438#Comment_1577438

    You're acting like there's a mori every game. This may be the case at green ranks where you play - but at red ranks, it's not.

    But okay - insult me.

    I did not mean the insult but first and foremost I’m in the red ranks and have been in the red ranks for over year,(other than rank reset) so the majority of the killers I get with an ebony are red ranks. I know rank does not mean skill as so the devs have confirmed themselves, but you’d be suprised on how often red rank killers bring moris. I still think no group of survivors should be 1st hook mori’d unless you personally have had problems with them in the past or there is at least a key in the lobby.

  • @EntitledMyersMain said:

    I see Blendette. Blendette hook. Blendette unhook? Blendette Mori.

    Nothing to do with skill, as you can see.

    Until I watched this video, I had no idea why people hated Blendettes so much. Now I understand. 1 gen left and she literally hides the whole time he's being chased.

    https://youtu.be/Skk9z-oY4TI


  • @Babyyy_Boyy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1577475#Comment_1577475

    I understand that going up against sweaty SWF’s and Solos can be very stressful and frustrating but there’s honestly no need to bring a mori for survivors that haven’t cause you problems. This is where the cycle of toxicity begins. If you haven’t watched this video by Scott Jund you should watch it he explains things a bit better. But if you don’t, basically a killer who’s toxic to survivors for no reason makes them angry which then makes them become toxic to every killer they run into even if they had no personal problems. If goes both ways but yeah.

    https://youtu.be/XICa4fv9oSs

    It's late at night on a Friday, so understand that I'm writing this while Inebriated from having some fun with my friends, so I don't intend this to be a personal assault on you or your viewpoint.

    That said, after over 1.5k hours as killer, TBH I learned the hard way that survivors NEVER hold back when it comes to builds, items, add-ons, and offerings, so why should killers? This becomes especially apparent in the high ranks wherein everyone, killer or survivor, is out to "Win" because this is where the game becomes the most competitive. At these ranks the gloves come off, and nobody can truly fault anybody for whatever they bring into the match, as doing so would only amount to hypocrisy. As a Killer, If I want to get out of the ranks where this kind of play is the strongest so I can enjoy the game more, why should I not use the tools provided by the game developers when survivors do so predominantly?

    It's in the nature of the game as coded, and because of this I feel no remorse, pity, or reason to avoid creating builds that don't ensure the maximum effect of "screwing over the survivors" in kind. If they don't hold back, why should I? This has become my creed, but not because I'm a bully, or toxic... It's because I want to meet them on even ground, even if I don't intend to stay there.

    Yes, I use Mori's to drop in rank so that I won't have to constantly go up against Sweaty, Try-hard, and SWF teams, but considering what THEY bring in? I honestly don't see how my choice is "toxic" comparatively. I don't really respect Scott Jund, but admit he has a point in that video, with one exception: In the first minutes of the video he mentions having a bad match and taking out your frustrations on the next team who happen to be a bunch of noobs... Currently this is hardly ever the case. If you are high rank, 80% of the time you will go up against survivors on your level, and not a bunch of noobs. Granted, the possibility of being high rank and going up against noobs is still possible, it's also very rare; I stand by the rules I follow, and part of them is to never begrudge someone for using any and all of the game mechanics that are allowed: "Hate the Game, Not the Player."

    Here's a Link to those Unbiased rules I follow if you want to give it a look:

    @TWiXT said:

    Due to the new Silent Hill Chapter release, we are getting an influx of new players, and so I must say:

    First of All Welcome to Dead by Daylight, and I hope you are all having fun so far.

    That being said, you are likely to see a whole lot of forum posts, and/or chat messages citing "Made up Rules" Killers and Survivors should follow. Most, if not all of these are based on individual experiences, and are heavily biased for what ever side the posting member plays, so before you comment or "side" with anyone, here is a list of unbiased "rules" that I believe everyone can get behind as a foundation to enjoying the game:

    1 - Play how you want to play and enjoy the game.

    2 - Respect is akin to Newtons 3rd law: For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. Ergo, if you show no respect, don't expect any.

    3 - The Killers role is to kill, the Survivors is to survive... Both by any means necessary. Hate the game, not the player.

    4 - When the gates are powered... Anything goes.

    5 - You paid money for a multiplayer experience, and thus aren't entitled to win every match. Anyone who takes umbrage to this should stick to single-player games where-in you are entitled to win for the money you paid. Being salty because of a lost match is unbecoming, embarrassingly juvenile, and toxic to the communities reputation. We're all people pitting our skills, strategies, and knowledge against each-other. If you lose and have nothing good to say: Leave a "gg," calm down/lick your wounds, and move onto the next match.

    6 - (For PC players anyways) Post game chat can be closed using the ">>" in the lower right of the chat box, and will remain closed until you either open it again or restart the game. No one deserves abuse, so if you find yourself frustrated over excessive endgame chat toxicity: Just close it, and continue enjoying the game in peace.

    7 - This is a 4v1 Lobby and Match style Multiplayer game. When you queue up to play a match you are committing to seeing it through so that everyone can enjoy the game, and everyone else who queued up is depending on your commitment to the match in order to experience said enjoyment. The acceptable reasons for Intentionally Disconnecting from a match are as follows:

    1. A Game breaking bug rendering you incapable of playing a normal match.
    2. A Player(s) taking the game hostage/hacking/exploiting bugs or unintentional game mechanics/bullying or griefing you. (Record if possible, and Report them after leaving the match)
    3. Influences and situations outside of the game that make your disconnection unavoidable in order to deal with said circumstances.

    Disconnecting from a match intentionally for any other reason is a practice in bad sportsmanship that Ruins the experience for all other players, Disconnecting over petty reasons doesn't do anything other than piss off everyone else, and makes you a worse player for it since you don't learn how to play any better by quitting. Disconnecting is currently being punished for a good reason: Too many DC's from too many players results in leaving the community as a whole with a sour experience, and could eventually kill the game we love. If you are frustrated with how a match is going; Take it in stride as a learning experience, see it through to the end, take a break, and decide if you want to queue up for another match. We all bought this game in order to play it with others despite how each match goes, and the majority of the fun this game offers is in the variation of each individual match.

    Don't be a petty DC'er.

    8 - For survivors, Rage quitting via suicide on the hook is your choice, but as with rule 7, all it does is ruin the experience for the rest of your team, and piss everyone off. While it's not currently being punished, it's still regarded by the community as a show of bad sportsmanship. If you don't at least try to play through until the end, regardless of the results, you are only hurting the experience for all other players both new and old, but it's with the new players where this hurts the game the most.

    Bad matches happen, we understand, but that's no reason throw a game, especially over petty reasoning. Matches can turn around at the drop of a hat as long as everyone's still playing, and often do, but you won't experience that if you RQ on the hook, and by doing so you drastically affect the teams ability to pull off said "turn around". On top of this, it does nothing for your personal skill growth as a player, or your Blood Point/Experience gains, so there's not really any reason to do it other than petty ones.

    9 - If it's a legal mechanic in the game, don't be afraid to use it. Half the fun is discovering new strategies, counters, and synergies using the tools the game provides, so no matter how effective or overpowered you feel they are, there's nothing wrong with using them to your advantage.

    10 - Take the good with the bad in stride, rise to meet the challenge every new match presents, and overall... have fun.

    Honestly, this is just a list of Common Sense spelled out for everyone to see. The inherent problem of "unwritten" or "Made up rules" is that they're more of guidelines that nobody is obligated to follow. I know it won't change everyone, but I felt if I expressed the rules I follow when playing this game for all to see, maybe others might have them in mind when playing, whether they use them or not.

    To all you new players, again Welcome to DbD, and if you are going to follow any "Made up Rules", I believe this is a good set to start off with.

    Overall, This game gives us all the tools to play how we want and enjoy the game. There's no reason to hold back, and If you find an advantage, you should be encouraged to seize it because your opposition will do so regardless of if you do or not. It just so happens that I use Mori's to purposely "lose" the game as far as ranking is concerned, and honestly... against Red Rankers and what they bring in... why should that mentality be considered "toxic" while they get a free pass?

  • @Babyyy_Boyy said:

    Killers who first hook mori with an ebony are bad because they can’t 4K a decent team without it. Change my mind.

    No, i wont, because i think you are right. Btu the problem is, if they can´t win against that decent team, they should not be playing against them, because they are out of their skill range.

    Thats why moris are used after the first hook, because the game still matches players vs. opponents way above their skill level, whatever thats because of individual skill or swf-skill-bonus.

    And its not like the killer has go get good, there are plenty survivors on every skill level to go against.

    But that would increase waiting times for red rank swf, because killers that can keep up on that skill level are more rare than on other skill ranges.

  • Gotta love it when replies get more up-votes than the post itself to show how Killer sided this forum is.

  • @Babyyy_Boyy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1577504#Comment_1577504

    I could say the same thing about you. 🤷‍♂️ I don’t really care about your opinion.

    Yet you took the bait and replied anyway. Hilarious. You still remain too easy.

  • I always love it when survivors call a killer bad AFTER DYING TO THEM

  • I find it funnier when people get upset about getting Mori'd or survivors hatching out or better yet when NOED or DS goes off. It's literally the unbalanced casual game we're all playing... this isn't an esports you're playing professionally for money (because you definitely wouldn't be on theese forums in that case) so relax and just have fun.

    The only time I get mad is getting sandbagged by teammates which is basically griefing just because they feel like ruining other players' experiences - getting unhook spammed but not actually pulled off while you're in stage 2 until you die or repeatedly slamming a locker or vaulting a window next to me while i'm breaking a hex totem etc (also include hacking on either side to this since it just sucks the fun right out for the other 4 players in the match).

  • @EntitledMyersMain said:

    I see Blendette. Blendette hook. Blendette unhook? Blendette Mori.

    Nothing to do with skill, as you can see.

    All Blendettes must die.

  • @Kilmeran said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1577509#Comment_1577509

    Yet you took the bait and replied anyway. Hilarious. You still remain too easy.

    You’re easy too (:

  • You're still dead, though, so...

  • Lol,

    1.who said you had tonplay nice as killer

    2.nothing wrong with eliminating a survivor or a toxic player

    3.quit crying

  • Actually kind smart imo because kikler will waste time patroing it

  • @sad_killer_main said:

    You know that if you first hook mori, that is not going to change your skill at the game right?

    You know this...right?? 🤔

    Those concepts are simply not related.

    People most likely use moris after a losing streak or just to have fun watching the mori animations.

    Thinking people is just bad for moring in first hook is detrimental for you bud.

    Or are like me and just wanna make people salty....sometines i just wanna be random with the window of oppurtunity

  • If you get mori'ed take it as a badge of honor

  • @stoudbaker said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1577262#Comment_1577262

    Actually kind smart imo because kikler will waste time patroing it

    Then the killer who use a mori is smart because he bypass DS and unbreakable

  • @batax90 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1577991#Comment_1577991

    Then the killer who use a mori is smart because he bypass DS and unbreakable

    Gottem,very smart there


    Ds me 1 time then shame on you,ds me 2nd time then shame on me

  • @stoudbaker said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1577275#Comment_1577275

    Or are like me and just wanna make people salty....sometines i just wanna be random with the window of oppurtunity

    Same

  • Getting a player out of the game as fast as possible is the best way for Killers to apply this thing Survivors call "pressure".

    Killers don't have to play fair to survivors because survivors would never play fair to Killers.

  • I often take a Mori into a game and never use it. To me they are just a tool, i.e. for when I run into SWF that are doing crushing Gen-Rush with perfect coordination. I will absolutely kill immediately to slow things down and even the odds. Sometimes I use the Tombstone Piece as Myers for the same thing. I'm happy to say I don't have to do it all the time, because it costs me points and makes it harder to earn a Pip. But sometimes you just have to adapt to the META (which is SWF) and do what you gotta do.

  • @Babyyy_Boyy said:

    Killers who first hook mori with an ebony are bad because they can’t 4K a decent team without it. Change my mind.

    nobody gonna change your mind, i rarely ever use a mori.


    but when I do, i just counter ds. cheers

    PS:

    I usually just use it for really annoying forum users :D :*

  • No. Some of us like her because she was our first character. Not all of us are toxic. Be nice to the non-neon colored clicky clicky Claudettes. Obliterate the ones who are clicky clicky.

  • Nah, some good players that can 4k without a single sweat drop just use mori and kill everyone as dast as they can just cause they wanted to feel "the entity".

    Oh, and how about if we see it the other way? "If you can't escape without being hooked a single time you're bad", do you see the mistake?

  • @Babyyy_Boyy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1577251#Comment_1577251

    It does though. From having 3K hours on the game, most killers bring it because they know they can’t do good in chases or they bring it for someone or a group of survivors they don’t like personally. I understand using NOED if you’re new because you don’t know what the perk does or maybe you just wanna see how you’ll do with it but a lot of rank 1 killers bring it and mori off first hook, this happens a lot in SWF and solo que more towards solo que.

    Or... and bear with me on this... a Mori is being used because of a ritual/challenge. Shocker I know.

  • @IIITweedleIII said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1577469#Comment_1577469

    It's the camping that needs dealt with. Not the Mori. The blame is directed in the wrong direction.

    dealing with camping is hard because it part of the game just like genrushing.

  • @AvisDeene said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1577865#Comment_1577865

    No. Some of us like her because she was our first character. Not all of us are toxic. Be nice to the non-neon colored clicky clicky Claudettes. Obliterate the ones who are clicky clicky.

    No. I had too many instances of Blendettes taking game hostage Im just tired of it. If I see anyone playing as Claudette and not wearing bright colour pants or jacket, I am not taking any chances.

  • @RbLen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1578446#Comment_1578446

    No. I had too many instances of Blendettes taking game hostage Im just tired of it. If I see anyone playing as Claudette and not wearing bright colour pants or jacket, I am not taking any chances.

    What if I slowly crawl up to you, with my face pointed up at you, in order to admire your raw sexiness? Would you show mercy then?

    As a Blendette, I can’t loop (I’m bad, yes, I just cannot look behind me while running) and have to rely on stealth. But I do objectives! I rescue, heal, do gens, and will body block or even run right in front of the Killer in order to take the pressure off of someone whose already been hooked.

    But yea, if I see a mori after 1st hook I become one with the shadows. I can see how annoying it is.

    Would you at least do a sexy dance before you kill me? Let me have some entertainment.

  • I can't even begin to tell you how many times I was tunneled off hook and morid during the event because the killers were trash in chase.

  • @Babyyy_Boyy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1577407#Comment_1577407

    How do you deserve to get mori’d? I don’t get it. You make no sense. You do realize killers put on a mori before the match starts not during a match right? Look at you, you sound dumb.

    You do realize they dont have to use the mori asap right? They could go all game and NOT use it, and have it equipped JUST for toxic kiddies. Right?

  • @sad_killer_main said:

    You know that if you first hook mori, that is not going to change your skill at the game right?

    You know this...right?? 🤔

    Those concepts are simply not related.

    People most likely use moris after a losing streak or just to have fun watching the mori animations.

    Thinking people is just bad for moring in first hook is detrimental for you bud.

    I had a Ghostface apologize after a game where he mori’d everyone saying he had a few bad games before that one. He didn’t do it like an asshat off first hook though which was nice. We were all cordial back to him. Pays off sometimes being nice.

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/186561/if-you-1st-hook-mori-you-re-bad

    nobody gonna change your mind, i rarely ever use a mori.

    but when I do, i just counter ds. cheers

    PS:

    I usually just use it for really annoying forum users :D :*

    Mori me please

  • I understand what you're saying and agree to a certain extent, but not all cases where somebody would 1st hook mori means they're automatically bad.

    For example, I've been saving up my moris to use as "insurance" against people that play like a jerk with DS. So if somebody tries to get me to chase them all game and clicks their flashlight at me and jumps into a locker when they clearly have DS, I'm definitely going to mori them off 1st hook and take them out the game to teach them a lesson. I also keep track (roughly, not like a keep a list or something) of people who are extremely toxic/just unpleasant people and if I recognize one of them I'm definitely bringing a mori and facecamping them, just to mori them off 1st hook if they get off the hook.

    Neither of these things make me a bad killer, I just see doing it as a way to smack down somebody who's a scumbag. I've brought in moris before and not even used them because I was having too much fun playing against the survivors. It's just nice to have one on hand and be able to do that if needed.

  • @NekoGamerX said:

    like say if you use ds and ub your bad that make more then half the survivor I face bad.

    Its kind of hard not use DS and UB when you have the chance of getting face camped and slugged

  • @Breque said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1577463#Comment_1577463

    Its kind of hard not use DS and UB when you have the chance of getting face camped and slugged

    true but I don't use it tho.

  • Playing the game and using offerings that's not breaking any rules makes you bad. Yeah Ok. Another survivor main that complains about everything

  • @Kingpaulmathers said:

    Playing the game and using offerings that's not breaking any rules makes you bad. Yeah Ok. Another survivor main that complains about everything

    Pretty much. I got first hook Mori'ed three out of six games yesterday. Know what I did? Moved on the next match.

  • @Kilmeran said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1583919#Comment_1583919

    Pretty much. I got first hook Mori'ed three out of six games yesterday. Know what I did? Moved on the next match.

    Need more survivors like you buddy, with the same mind set.

  • @AvisDeene said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1577865#Comment_1577865

    No. Some of us like her because she was our first character. Not all of us are toxic. Be nice to the non-neon colored clicky clicky Claudettes. Obliterate the ones who are clicky clicky.

    If they hide in a shrub, i mori the scrub

  • @Babyyy_Boyy said:

    Killers who first hook mori with an ebony are bad because they can’t 4K a decent team without it. Change my mind.

    If you play suvivor in a good swf with survivors that flashlight save, use DS, Borrow, unbreakable and dead hard, bodyblockng the killer to prevent hook etc, you are bad.

    It's frustrating but everything in this game is.

  • Guess i'm bad then. 🤷‍♂️

  • If you play to win, you have to play dirty, either as a killer, either as a survivor.

    Let's take some exemples.

    Survivor wanna win ? What do they do ?

    • gen rush
    • use meta perks (spine chill, unbreakable, DS, Dead Hard, sprint burst, Borrow)
    • they bodyblock at key moments to avoid a hook
    • they abuse pallet loop (which is a key aspect of the gameplay mechanic)

    Is killer able to get 2k if he plays fair ? Let's calculate it.

    • killer is looking for the first victim 10 seconds
    • killer is chasing the 1st victim 30 seconds (it's low)
    • killer hooks the 1st victim 10 seconds
    • let's admit he has BBQ, he then goes to the 2nd prey, cross the map 15 seconds
    • repeat the 3 above points (1st one is only at the start) 11 more times (3 hooks for each survivors without tunneling)

    Total = 655 seconds, almost 11 minutes.

    If all survivors do gen when they are not in chase, a gen is 80 seconds, let's admit they need 15 seconds between gens.

    All gens need 80 x 5 + 15x5 = 475 seconds to be complete if they just do one gen at a time. As you know the game, survivors do multiple gens at the same time. We can then say that a game against good survivors is over in 8 minutes.

    No need to explain more than this, when survivors know what they are doing, the only way for the killer to get 3k is to play dirty.

    There is a big balance problem.

1 2 3