To the killers taking advantage of hill glitch

Stop. It is easily reportable and I'm sure the devs are aware. Stop this garbage and help people if you see them stuck. You're making the game worse than it already is.

Comments

  • Well, that escalated quickly...

  • While it isn't the killer's fault for the glitch, it is their fault for being an honorless wretch about it.

    Suppose that's the kind of people this game attracts.

  • @stargazer9 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1565328#Comment_1565328

    Some killers leave you stuck there until the end of the match!

    Yup, when I was playing survivor the other day I got stuck in the hill at the beginning of two different matches. Both times, the killer left me there while he slaughtered everyone else.

    It sucked.

    That is what feels like exploiting the glitch. Downing a survivor and hooking them is normal gameplay.

  • It’s not banable it’s just not fun. If i find someone i let them out.

    But, i may, or may not of gotten some killers stuck there on purpose. :)

  • The problem is.... How can you prove the killer was exploiting? Maybe he doesn't know about the bug, not all players visit the forums.

  • Yesterday i set free yet another survivor stuck in that glitch.

    Gotta love this game were the fun of the game relies on "moral code" instead of "development code" to be fun. What am i saying? They can't even make a matchmaking system that works or ranking system that works.

    Maybe instead of milking the community with skins and dlc's they should focus on getting the basic gameplay right and move from there.

    Why should the killer get banned if he didn't cause it in the first place? Sure, refund me the game and all the dlc's that i bought and then you can ban me (or give me another way to access it, i.e. make a single player game where i can access the content that i bought). Otherwise you will see the hard way why you can't ban people from online only games in Portugal.

  • Its not reportable, and it isn't the killers fault that you got stuck in a place that everyone knows about. If I see a person who was nice in chase(no tbaggs or pallet blinds) I'll let them go. But if a toxic mf got stuck there, you best know imma keep them there and let them think about what theyve done.

  • @teamdehn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1565397#Comment_1565397

    and why is this the killers responsibility. the other survivors all benefit from the killer wasting time giving up a down. if you were chasing the survivor for 30+ seconds and then they get stuck you think its fair to expect killers to just junk all that time?

    Why it is the killers responsibility to not abuse bugs? because it is bug abuse!!

    If it happens during a chase it is another thing, we can discuss. It should not be a problem if the survivor was already injured. If the survivor already looped the killer for 30+ seconds without even being it, then the survivor loses more value than the killer.

  • @Moundshroud said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/185498/to-the-killers-taking-advantage-of-hill-glitch

    Ummm if we don't down you and pick you up, you stay stuck in that hill until we do. There is no other way for you to get out that I know of. I'm usually nice and choose NOT to Stalk up on you when I'm playing Myers and then I pull you out and hook you and let someone get the save. If there is another way for you to get out of the hill, let us know. :)

    I marked that already before in this thread:

    @Deadeye said:

    Just as a slice of hope:

    When you get closer to the area to get up on the hill, there seems to be a tiny gap you can use. I let the clip in total, so you can see all the tiny little jumps that might give an idea how to escape.

    • at ca 25 sec there is a slight movement
    • the whole time nurse is near, I was holding shift (about until 43 seconds), after that I tried crouching and walking normally, also changing camera directions
    • at about 50 seconds there is a different possible escape route, but it sucked me back in
    • the escape is by walking normally, starts at about 1:10 short before end of the clip. I tried left/right into a 45° angle until I got the gap
    • at 1:15 I walk slightly against the hill which seems to lift me a bit, probably this is necessary to get out

    Happy escaping

    https://youtu.be/X1IYz3rICAw


  • @ALostPuppy said:

    Reminds me of the old basement glitch where survivors literally couldn't see or escape the basement if they were hooked there, and killers constantly abusing it with agitation builds, and defending their exploiting of the glitch. Good times...

    Yep. Same with the old Wraith Lightburn bug, where you could keep the Wraith unable to attack as long as your flashlight lasted. Should be reportable as well. Just that "whoa \o/ didn't know that" crap is unluckily hard to prove, but there were several people on both sides that smelled like they deserved a long timeout...

  • Btw all the guys defending: pls give a valid example of what would be a reportable bug exploit. As it is clearly listed in the bannable offense reasons.

  • I'm going to continue to down the survivor, pick them up, and either drop them outside of the bug OR hook them. Depends on how generous I feel at the moment. Quite frankly, I don't care what anyone thinks about it and stupid posts like this actually makes me lean toward just hooking them straight up from now on.

  • @Lavos99z said:

    Stop. It is easily reportable and I'm sure the devs are aware. Stop this garbage and help people if you see them stuck. You're making the game worse than it already is.

    Its not the killers fault you got stuck there, its the survivors mistake (even if they didnt know about it its still the survivor that ran into the glitch). While it would be nice if the killer helped you get unstuck its not up to them. Just like it wasn't the survivors job to help killers that got stuck in pallets.

    Sure the killer benefits from survivors getting stuck in the hills, but its not them exploiting it. You know what would be exploiting the bug, if the killer saw you were stuck and decided to go chase the other survivors because he knew you were stuck. That would be exploting the bug....but it wouldn't be reportable since he didn't cause it.

  • @Lavos99z said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1565335#Comment_1565335

    They are taking advantage...of a glitch. What do you not understand about this? And why are you typing so furiously about it? What's wrong with YOU? Have some empathy to the situation. People getting stuck in the hill is not their fault. It IS the fault of the killer when they take advantage of the situation and hook the person, especially if they're the last one. It's an easy kill, it takes no effort, and it's not the fault of the survivor for getting stuck. What makes you think people have the time to consider that ONE point on the map while being chased or trying to avoid being chased? You are being such an ironic person. :/

    No u

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    Reminds me of the old basement glitch where survivors literally couldn't see or escape the basement if they were hooked there, and killers constantly abusing it with agitation builds, and defending their exploiting of the glitch. Good times...

    It is really unfortunate that bug happened to line up with an archive challenge (within the last two weeks of an archive).

  • @Deadeye said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1565405#Comment_1565405

    Why it is the killers responsibility to not abuse bugs? because it is bug abuse!!

    If it happens during a chase it is another thing, we can discuss. It should not be a problem if the survivor was already injured. If the survivor already looped the killer for 30+ seconds without even being it, then the survivor loses more value than the killer.

    Then the only fair option here is to ignore them until they are the last survivor. Down them at the end pick them up and drop them and hope they can stand up on their own. Unless the killer is forcing them into the bug it’s not bug abuse because the above scenario is the only “fair” way to handle this. If the killer playing like normal when the survivor is stuck is bug abuse then the other survivors playing like normal is to. Go ahead and report away I am sure no killer is going to get banned for this, also take solace that do to your entitled rants I will never help out a survivor in this situation again.

  • @teamdehn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1566122#Comment_1566122

    Then the only fair option here is to ignore them until they are the last survivor. Down them at the end pick them up and drop them and hope they can stand up on their own. Unless the killer is forcing them into the bug it’s not bug abuse because the above scenario is the only “fair” way to handle this. If the killer playing like normal when the survivor is stuck is bug abuse then the other survivors playing like normal is to. Go ahead and report away I am sure no killer is going to get banned for this, also take solace that do to your entitled rants I will never help out a survivor in this situation again.

    then pls tell me any scenario that in your opinion is a bug abuse, that justifies mentioning "bug exploits" as bannable. Really would like to know what needs to happen that you regard it as exploit.

    Just to mention: there is totally no need that the killer forces the survivor into the bug, to call it an exploit. The bug can happen without killer action, the exploit comes afterwards

  • Where the offending player is deliberately causing the bug to get an unfair advantage. By your logic survivors can be reported for continuing to play against an oni who hugs out and can’t use his power.

  • @Deadeye said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1566685#Comment_1566685

    then pls tell me any scenario that in your opinion is a bug abuse, that justifies mentioning "bug exploits" as bannable. Really would like to know what needs to happen that you regard it as exploit.

    Just to mention: there is totally no need that the killer forces the survivor into the bug, to call it an exploit. The bug can happen without killer action, the exploit comes afterwards

    Where the offending player is deliberately causing the bug to get an unfair advantage. By your logic survivors can be reported for continuing to play against an oni who hugs out and can’t use his power

  • @SonicOffline said:

    ITT: People mad they got stuck in a totally stable, consistent, avoidable glitch.

    Yet I get vacuumed into the glitched spot purposefully running out of my way to avoid it

  • I saw someone stuck in that glitch...I was like really? I smacked them twice, picked them up, and let them wiggle free and went after someone else.

    No way should a killer get banned for smacking them and putting them on a hook. It's not the killers fault they got stuck, it's not the survivors fault they got stuck (Maybe...) But it does make you a bit of a jerk if you know that's what's happening and you hook them, or just leave them there if you know they got stuck and save them for last. That's all really.

    Kind of similar to the survivors on the PTB who would run to the room that the killer couldn't enter with the invisible walls, every time they got in a chase, on Yamoaka.

  • @Deadeye said:

    Btw all the guys defending: pls give a valid example of what would be a reportable bug exploit. As it is clearly listed in the bannable offense reasons.

    I don’t think anyone is going to get banned over that, that’s silly.


    I don’t think anyone should play by using a bug to their advantage. It’s just being a good sport and remembering it’s just a game. Unfortunately, that’s only wishful thinking

  • It hasn't happened to me as a survivor but as killer I've been letting dudes wiggle out and get a head start. I can't imagine being so lacking in confidence of your skill to actually take advantage of it for a free hook lmao

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    It hasn't happened to me as a survivor but as killer I've been letting dudes wiggle out and get a head start. I can't imagine being so lacking in confidence of your skill to actually take advantage of it for a free hook lmao

    So you are claiming that you take BP hit for letting a survivor wiggle out. Because as a killer you are penalized when a survivor wiggles out of your grasp you are docked points.

  • @Lavos99z said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1565328#Comment_1565328

    They're downing the people and hooking them. It's not their fault if they didn't realize this garbage was still happening. This is not entitlement on my part. It's the killer taking advantage of an exploit, a reportable offense. Look it up. Please don't sit here and accuse the person trying to make it known that this is reportable and people should help out instead of going for an easy down. You're part of the problem.

    no I was going to be nice but this one match I was getting genrushed hard there was this survivor stuck with a flashlight I down picked up the survivor I got stuck after they free them self the they flashlight blinded me and bully me I ended up DC getting banned for 4 min after I was so pissed I mori 2 teams in two matches and the 3rd match I played normal another survivor got stuck I downed she crawled I then picked her up and hooked her I'm not going to be nice because survivor are not nice.


    going make a thread called fix the hill glitch or get rid of dc penalty or BOTH!!!

    because like I said in a lot of threads dc penalty only hurts killers or anyone who get glitched up

    so for now on if I see someone stuck not going to bother with them not going to get stuck again.

  • @Neamy said:

    Question, so if it is bannable, would that mean the the survivor knew about it in the first place? And if so why go up on the hill? And what if they got stuck on purpose. I saw this yesterday (The stuck part, not on purpose I think) until I came to the forums I thought he was just afk. I downed and hooked him, but had no idea

    To be fair, you don’t have to go on or around the hill to get stuck. I’ve seen Survivors get sucked into the glitch or get stuck while running from the Killer near the hill. I’m pretty sure those guys don’t do it purposely, but to answer your question, I’m not sure if it’s bannable. I would ask @Peanits, @MandyTalk or @Almo .


    Edit: typo

  • We should just be pushing to fix it ASAP instead of arguing about this tbh. Personally i might just down a survivor and leave but i won't blame a killer if he decided to hook me (######### but still not his fault).

  • @teamdehn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1566736#Comment_1566736

    So you are claiming that you take BP hit for letting a survivor wiggle out. Because as a killer you are penalized when a survivor wiggles out of your grasp you are docked points.

    So....? does anyone give a crap about this ranking system? You'll always end up at rank 1 just through sheer playtime anyway. Also you can't 'lose' bloodpoints.

    I'd rather play a proper match and not cheat the survivor and myself out of the actual gameplay I bought and continue to play the game for.

  • I’ve seen killers leave a survivor there the whole match, which throws the game. I usually let the survivor wiggle out and have their chance to run away,

  • Downing/hooking them is fine if you ask me. Moves the game along with minimal time wasted for everyone.

    Leaving them there until you've killed all the others.. yeah, that's pretty cheesy if you ask me. Hitting them is just doing what you'd normally do if you get close to a survivor, knowingly leaving them there because you know they'll stay there is actively taking advantage of the bug.

    Probably not punishable though unless someone uses it to take the game hostage, killing everyone else and then refusing to start EGC or killing the stuck survivor in some other way. That's obviously against the rules.

  • It's really only a problem when the killer leaves them there as a free kill and doesn't do anything knowing they can't get out

  • @Lavos99z said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1565328#Comment_1565328

    They're downing the people and hooking them. It's not their fault if they didn't realize this garbage was still happening. This is not entitlement on my part. It's the killer taking advantage of an exploit, a reportable offense. Look it up. Please don't sit here and accuse the person trying to make it known that this is reportable and people should help out instead of going for an easy down. You're part of the problem.

    I use to get stuck on trees too back in the day, but its not the killers responsibility to fix the game, its BHVR.

    I'm not going to tell a killer he needs to lose out on a kill because I got stuck in a glitch spot BHVR missed, just as I wouldn't tell a survivor to quit a match if I as a killer got stuck in a pallet.

  • Can we stop blaming the other side for bugs. when everyone knows where the scorn should be pointed towards.

  • When I was survivor I got stuck on this hill glitch at end of game and a billy hit me twice then hooked me and my trash team didn't rescue (solo Q). I was upset at game, survivors and killer. I then had a match as killer and had a dwight telling me to come here so I followed him and there was a nea stuck in the hill glitch. I thought to myself so that's 2 survivors not doing anything over this hill glitch so I hit her and CAREFULLY picked her up and dropped her off for dwight to heal and walked away. After dwight came to find me again to give me a hook which he shouldn't have did because they ended up getting hammered but the point is I didn't want to win that way and I wished billy had helped me but it is not required. By now we all should not that the hill is a dangerous place to walk or run around so if you get stuck you can't expect every killer to do this. I think killers are expected to give out and be nice is we whooping that *** but in the reverse side if survivors are dominating or there is a bug they are more than happy to stroll out and drop it like it hot at the exit gates ALL 4 OF THEM.

  • @Lavos99z said:

    Stop. It is easily reportable and I'm sure the devs are aware. Stop this garbage and help people if you see them stuck. You're making the game worse than it already is.

    What do you honestly expect after 4 years of swf and they finally get thrown a bone lol. I'd do it too if I cared to play killer much. Not to their whole team, but to get one guy out of the game quickly if it was a 3 or 4 pc user lobby.

  • lol what is this post? i got stuck against a tree way back in the past couldnt move. so i was just like oh lord killer come find me and down me already. didnt care if i got hooked. so if the killer sees you stuck or not. you expect to not get downed and hooked? the killer isnt commiting an exploit as its not a result of their actions you being stuck. this post is bollocks from a killer and survivor point of view. pretty sure theirs no rules if the killer downs and hooks you from being stuck in the heal it isnt the killers fault. what do you expect the devs to do or say oh yeah killers dont down the survivor or hook them because stuck in a hill walk away pretend you are blind. no one is going to listen to that me and most people will think. get real. i had survivors once abusing an exploit where i landed on their head as the doctor they did it deliberately i could not move or get down i managed it in the end it was irritating but i just got on with it. now that is the true definition of an exploit what would of been bannable. not this crap you are on about which is through no fault of the killer

  • @Deadeye said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1565405#Comment_1565405

    Why it is the killers responsibility to not abuse bugs? because it is bug abuse!!

    If it happens during a chase it is another thing, we can discuss. It should not be a problem if the survivor was already injured. If the survivor already looped the killer for 30+ seconds without even being it, then the survivor loses more value than the killer.

    Circular Reasoning.

    This adds nothing to the conversation and is a logical fallacy.

  • Warning No formatter is installed for the format not-found
  • Killer Main here.

    What I don't understand is this... If you're aware of the bug, why are you still getting stuck?

    I usually slug a survivor if they're stuck there but I won't go out of my way to help them.

  • @Warcrafter4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1566122#Comment_1566122

    Circular Reasoning.

    This adds nothing to the conversation and is a logical fallacy.

    Circular reasoning? It is more like "pretty obvious, why does it need explanation". Like explaining to someone why 1+1 equals two. I would rather call it "tautological question"

  • @Lavos99z said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1565328#Comment_1565328

    They're downing the people and hooking them. It's not their fault if they didn't realize this garbage was still happening. This is not entitlement on my part. It's the killer taking advantage of an exploit, a reportable offense. Look it up. Please don't sit here and accuse the person trying to make it known that this is reportable and people should help out instead of going for an easy down. You're part of the problem.

    Oh so if I run into a hill trying to get stuck he isn’t allowed to hook me? Hmm not entitlement? Huh weird..

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Funny how I haven't seen any post like this when killers were getting stuck on pallets and the survivors would just stay there farming points and tbagging for 15 minutes or until the killer DCed.

    I'll not even talk about the hook """tech""", which is an exploit that has been in the game for years and some youtubers even dare making videos teaching how to do it. Also, remember aim dressing exploit? Where can I report it?

    If you know there's a glitch like that in the game, just avoid it. If the killers chooses to down and hook you, well, at least you aren't stuck anymore.

    I remember when huntress had the throwing bug, being stuck in the throw animation not being able to perform any other action. And survivors waving killers to pallets because the stun fixed it. Would just be nice to have a fair game, but seems like it is the same to ask for non-ass behaviour or asking to treat other people with respect...

  • i try to help people out of there when i notice they got stuck.

    mainly just because i dont want such a cheap win (should they be the last survivor they get hatch, as i feel like that would be unfair and an undeserved kill), however i too have my limits.

    yesterday ive had a trial where 3 people got stuck there.

    first a meg, who i downed picked up and dropped next to it to get healed up, then a jake who i did the same to. in the end, i come back to the hill and see jake AGAIN being stuck in the exact same spot. also meg, who i was currently in a chase with, instantly steered to it and got herself stuck aswell.

    i downed and sacrificed both.

    sorry guys, but i wont help you out more than once. its your fault you got stuck there, its okay when it happens once, maybe they didnt know, but if you get stuck there twice in the same game, i will take advantage of that mistake of yours.

  • @Mister_xD said:

    i try to help people out of there when i notice they got stuck.

    mainly just because i dont want such a cheap win (should they be the last survivor they get hatch, as i feel like that would be unfair and an undeserved kill), however i too have my limits.

    yesterday ive had a trial where 3 people got stuck there.

    first a meg, who i downed picked up and dropped next to it to get healed up, then a jake who i did the same to. in the end, i come back to the hill and see jake AGAIN being stuck in the exact same spot. also meg, who i was currently in a chase with, instantly steered to it and got herself stuck aswell.

    i downed and sacrificed both.

    sorry guys, but i wont help you out more than once. its your fault you got stuck there, its okay when it happens once, maybe they didnt know, but if you get stuck there twice in the same game, i will take advantage of that mistake of yours.

    well, in that case I would almost call that bug abuse from survivor side. When they notice you let them free and get stuck on purpose to take exploit your good will to escape a lost chase... wouldn't doubt that it can happen twice by accident, but I myself wouldn't expect pity from the killer in that case, I would just facepalm and accept

  • All Killer's I met in the game, freed me from the hill bug. Hooked me or picked me up just to carry me away from the buggy area. I never saw a killer using this bug.

1 2 ›