Why the Devs turn a blind eye to all the DS complaints?

Look. I'll start this by saying: DS is a really good anti-tunnel perk (and I know that the Devs never said it was its function) as BT is a great anti-tunnel perk.

Now that's over, WHY, WHY in the heavens the devs doesn't say NOTHING about all the complaints (and proofs) that DS is a broken perk in its current status?

Hell, there's almost a consensus (when you play both sides) that 1 minute of immortality and "do whatever you want as long as the perk is active" is utterly BS.

And a really good solution has been brought by Scott Jund (and many other players). Give DS any duration you want. Hell, make it last for the rest of the match. BUT, in the moment that a survivor touch a gen o start healing somebody, the perk desables.

It's that simple. You won't get tunneled, as it will be up, and the killer won't have to worry about you sitting on a gen in his face 'cause you have 1 minute of "get out of the jail free card".

Why is so difficult to do that? (Besides the fact that survivors are the majority of player base and god forbid that the devs mess with their beloved perk).


EDIT: BT is great anti-camp perk.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Well, survivor not entitled here and I have read your post, your idea sounds good on paper but on practice it will cause the same kind of abuses. Shall we see them? In example EGC has started but you're not hooked near the exit gate, right now if you reach them within 40/50/60 secs (because tier matters) you still will be able to use, now it is abused BUT it is within 60 secs at tier III, meaning if they crawl for more than a whole minute and you pick them up you're safe now with new DS you will get screwed up no matter what as a killer and yes, the forum will start complaining with "What the (bad word) behaviour? You were supposed to nerf DS yet you made it stronger" and stuff like that.

    Now, let's suppose I have a teammate who only knows how to gen-rush and even if he unhooks you, he is unwilling to heal you whatever the reason is, so you start completing a gen in hope that he heals you, but oh surprise the killer is ghostface and hit you. You can tell me "Then it was the other survivors fault, not the killer" which is not wrong BUT the killer in fact tunneled him so, as supposedly DS should be an anti-tunnel perk. Why should you get privated of the use of said perk?

    Oh, and before you call someone entitled you might need to check that you´re not seeing the survivor point of view as well, so you're being a bit biased. I do agree it needs some sort of change but what might come as a clear idea it might be not if you think a bit more on it.

    Also. The devs might be kind of irresponsable in some ways but is not only tweaking the perk, it's seeing if that "tweak" will be useful. If the new DS will bring the same headaches as this DS then Why bothering in changing i t?

    P.S: I dislike the new Billy

  • I've given up on these devs. I just play the game when friends want too.

  • @VSchmitt said:

    All you guys are saying is "just don't chase the unhooked". Did you even read? Can you? For me the timer can last the ######### game if it wants. It just has to deactivate as soon as you touch a gen or heal somebody. #########? Isn't tunneling what you're complaining? That's it, it's solved, if DS lasts forever you'll not get tunneled, and if you have time to sit on a gen or heal somebody, you surely aren't being tunneled.

    @VSchmitt

    Here is what I think you (and many others) don’t understand.

    I get that you feel that it is unfair to get stunned when part of the perk’s purpose is to delay tunneling (I say delay because let’s face it, it doesn’t stop tunneling).

    With that being said, tunneling isn’t as black and white as you might think. Just as much as it is sometimes unintentional to bump into the same survivor while you aren’t trying to. There are also cases where the killer left the hook, came back to the area seconds after and tracked down the general area where the recently unhooked survivor went... who now happens to have started a gen and who’s DS (if we went by your suggestion) has now deactivated.

    I have actually experienced being in the middle of chase and as soon as someone gets unhooked the killer leaves. Survivor was healed only to see the icon at the bottom go injured again.

    Just because you look the other way as a killer doesn’t mean that your intentions to take someone out ASAP aren’t there. Your job is to kill by whatever means necessary...and I think most survivors get that.

    It doesn’t mean that they will not find a way to avoid being the only one predominantly chased, to the point it feels like it’s a 1v1 match. There is only so much the rest of the survivors can do to avoid that, because even taking hits doesn’t work, killer walks past them.

    So, in conclusion I’m not saying anyone should feel like they have to play by any rules (survivor or killer) but I think that this is why the current DS is fair because the actual fair usage you get out of it outweighs the unfair instances. Which IMO are extremely rare, if you know how to play around it.

  • The duration of DS is way too long when an efficient SWF can get gens done easily in sub 5 minutes

  • Because they thinks it’s doing it’s job. Anti momentum. Not anti tunneling

  • @Customapple0 said:

    Probably because DS is fine? Not all players “abuse” it you know.

    Some of us just want some breathing room against tunnelling.

    so you wouldnt be affected if they made it unabusable...

    How is something thats abusable fine? XD

  • You are right but think about it from the devs perspective would you rather change a perk and get endless ######### for it on top of those people leaving which are your primary money makers or ignore the problem with a minority of people complaining but not leaving the game.

    Tldr: devs have no reason to change the perk and nothing will happen if the devs don't since when the ruin changes came out of the blue the majority of killer mains didn't leave so why should they care?

    116889911_3290792344314922_6175640498066716835_n.jpg


  • DS has been nerfed plenty of times, or would you like the good ol' DS ? I only made this account cause the amount of hypocrisy is astonishing

  • @CaptainLevi said:

    DS has been nerfed plenty of times, or would you like the good ol' DS ? I only made this account cause the amount of hypocrisy is astonishing

    Yeah, so was NOED, Ruin, even Unrelenting or "name a good and strong killer perk", that's not a excuse.

  • @Koukdw said:

    Some killer need a big fat nerf before they touch ds

    I can tell that you only played Survivor with this text.

    @VSchmitt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1540868#Comment_1540868

    No no, DS deactivates if the unhooked player (who has DS up) sits on a gen or heal somebody.

    Oh okay that is a good change idea. I like it!

    This will be also a nerf to toxic swf's ^^

  • I think the killer needs a Lightborn for DS analogue. It's easier than rebalancing DS.

  • @Kikki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1540850#Comment_1540850

    Yeah but change it so that it deactives if someone get/got healed or a Gen is done isn't ideal too bc if you got unhooked and the Killer is coming back. In the meanwhile a Gen is done or someone got healed(most Survivor's do Gen's befor healing) DS will be deactivated too quickly if the Gen is done 10 sec's after you got unhooked or someone being healed bc they don't focus Gen's first.

    About doing gen while being injured its cuz they set gen repairs as s priority not their health thats a error.

  • We see here all the survivors saying that it's just because people want to "tunnel," ignoring the part where this change would completely annihilate tunneling. Ah, I'm sure it's not because the perk is super strong or anything. Nah, it's not one of the most picked perks because it's strong, it's not even that good! It's just to protect them from tunneling. Yeah, that's it. All four players are just getting so tunneled every match.

    Mmhm.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1540947#Comment_1540947

    What entitlement? Because I think a perk that's one time use and has requirements shouldn't be nerfed? lmao ok buddy.

    When I play killer I very rarely if ever prock a ds unintentionally, if you can't remember who you've hooked, that's your fault, if you don't slug someone who you know has DS, that's your fault, if you're letting survivors YOU KNOW you've hooked do "90%" of a genenerator because you've failed to apply pressure that's YOUR fault.

    Okay make it able to use it as much as you like but if you do something that its not running vaulting or hide I hook you back.

    Its an strong aNtIMOmEntuM perk imagine I down you being full health becuz you dropped a pallet, same do feel killers who play fair.

  • @Primalux135 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1540956#Comment_1540956

    Okay make it able to use it as much as you like but if you do something that its not running vaulting or hide I hook you back.

    Its an strong aNtIMOmEntuM perk imagine I dont you being healed becuz you dropped a pallet same do feel killers who play fair.

    Imagine a stealth killer, and you don't know they're coming back to tunnel you, your team mate who just saved you tries to heal you, oh no, no DS, killer is free to tunnel.


    It's entirely unrealistic to disable a perk based on whether you start to heal, starting to heal DOES NOT mean you're not being tunneled, nor does doing a gen, especially when it comes to stealth killers.

  • @Xbob42 said:

    We see here all the survivors saying that it's just because people want to "tunnel," ignoring the part where this change would completely annihilate tunneling. Ah, I'm sure it's not because the perk is super strong or anything. Nah, it's not one of the most picked perks because it's strong, it's not even that good! It's just to protect them from tunneling. Yeah, that's it. All four players are just getting so tunneled every match.

    Mmhm.

    This change would not do anything for tunneling. If this change would happen, I would probably just wait a few more seconds to trick survivors into thinking they're safe so I can safely resume tunneling? This change does not do anything for tunneling.

  • @Aneurysm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1541071#Comment_1541071

    Why exactly would tunnelers want to extend the duration of DS as long as the survivor hasn't gone back to doing objectives? Does anyone actually read posts before they start typing?

    Clearly they dont read.

  • 257 votes and 68 comments so far on Reddit
    https://youtu.be/AemY6nr_GCU?t=200 https://youtu.be/g2UKAqmJSH4
    Watch "dEcIsIvE StRiKe iS FaIr lOcKeR TeCh iS InTeNdEd jUsT StOp tUnNeLiNg AnD SlUgGiNg" on Streamable.
    370 votes and 58 comments so far on Reddit
    38 votes and 21 comments so far on Reddit

    Even if the killer is trying not to tunnel you can still use DS as a safety net for borderline suicidal plays.



    https://imgur.com/zr1U4jM

    DS is also used in 87% of red rank matches if I am interpreting this correctly. (And on average when it IS in a match, there's usually 2 DS's) Funny how Hex: Ruin being used in 45% of all matches and over 80% of red rank matches is justification for ♫Hex: Ruin being ruined and it'll never be the same again!♪

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1541586#Comment_1541586

    Imagine a stealth killer, and you don't know they're coming back to tunnel you, your team mate who just saved you tries to heal you, oh no, no DS, killer is free to tunnel.

    It's entirely unrealistic to disable a perk based on whether you start to heal, starting to heal DOES NOT mean you're not being tunneled, nor does doing a gen, especially when it comes to stealth killers.

    You could accelerate the timer instead while doing actions like on deep wound.

  • @NotTheodore said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1541585#Comment_1541585

    This change would not do anything for tunneling. If this change would happen, I would probably just wait a few more seconds to trick survivors into thinking they're safe so I can safely resume tunneling? This change does not do anything for tunneling.

    So you'd waste time doing literally nothing? That's perfect. That's good perk value. If a killer is that dumb and that dedicated, then the perk has served its purpose.

    By the way, you'd also have to follow that survivor around, they're clearly not gonna start working on a gen 10 feet away from you, and, since the OP references ScottJund, he proposed it'd have a 30 second timer that never goes down while chasing, so the survivor could watch you following them like a lost puppy so you could "tunnel" them and keep you in chase, wasting even more precious time.

    That would be insanely good perk value, and only an idiot would continue to follow the survivor. And only an idiot would sit there and wait the timer out instead of actually doing something productive. And when, if you happen to see that survivor again later on, you can be reasonably sure that they no longer have DS because they would've obviously worked on a gen or something. Or maybe they didn't and they're mind gaming you. Even better! Counterplay, mind games! The things the game is about!

    I dunno man, your argument seems weaker and weaker to me the more I think about this kind of change.

  • Because devs don't know how to properly punish tunneling and camping. Until then, it's really not that hard to not chase the same survivor that just got off hook for 60 seconds. Find someone else.

  • They don't believe that it's a broken Perk.

    I don't think they're responding to them cause they already did, explaining why they disagree.

    That's just my thoughts though.

  • DS just needs to deactivate once all gens are done. Cheap escapes cuz of DS are wack.

  • @Xbob42 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1541599#Comment_1541599

    So you'd waste time doing literally nothing? That's perfect. That's good perk value. If a killer is that dumb and that dedicated, then the perk has served its purpose.

    By the way, you'd also have to follow that survivor around, they're clearly not gonna start working on a gen 10 feet away from you, and, since the OP references ScottJund, he proposed it'd have a 30 second timer that never goes down while chasing, so the survivor could watch you following them like a lost puppy so you could "tunnel" them and keep you in chase, wasting even more precious time.

    That would be insanely good perk value, and only an idiot would continue to follow the survivor. And only an idiot would sit there and wait the timer out instead of actually doing something productive. And when, if you happen to see that survivor again later on, you can be reasonably sure that they no longer have DS because they would've obviously worked on a gen or something. Or maybe they didn't and they're mind gaming you. Even better! Counterplay, mind games! The things the game is about!

    I dunno man, your argument seems weaker and weaker to me the more I think about this kind of change.

    A). What killers do now is wait out the DS timer, which means after they down a survivor they leave them on the ground for the duration of DS in order to counter it, what they're literally doing is wasting time which I have done and have had done to me several times within the past month alone.

    B). The game won't consider a survivor in a chase unless they are within the terror radius of the killer and running, if the killer has no terror radius (i.e. being undetectable like with the Pig's crouch ect) then a chase will never activate and thus the timer would go down. Not to mention a killer like wraith is completely invisible while standing still and cloaked. Really there are tons of ways to create a situation where survivors cannot get into a chase with you thus there are tons of ways that DS timer would falsely deplete.

    C). "Only an idiot would continue to follow the survivor" What do you think the killer's job is? If I believe a survivor has that version of DS, only an idiot would try to not play around it. If you think wasting 30 seconds is stupid, how stupid are killers now that waste 60 seconds playing around a not good perk? I don't think you thought that though considering all of those things you list as perks to this change can be and still are appliable to the current version of DS.

    A weak argument is one that doesn't hold up. Just calling what I'm saying dumb doesn't point out how it doesn't work out.

  • @lazerlight said:

    DS just needs to deactivate once all gens are done. Cheap escapes cuz of DS are wack.

    this for sure this is where it used the most where it the most broken.

  • Two reasons:

    Survivor hand-holding

    'do bones' 'don't tunnel'

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1541586#Comment_1541586

    Imagine a stealth killer, and you don't know they're coming back to tunnel you, your team mate who just saved you tries to heal you, oh no, no DS, killer is free to tunnel.

    It's entirely unrealistic to disable a perk based on whether you start to heal, starting to heal DOES NOT mean you're not being tunneled, nor does doing a gen, especially when it comes to stealth killers.

    @SenzuDuck Nods.

    Thank you for making too much sense.

    👏

  • It needs buffing. Make decisive truly "decisive". One-time use powerful escape at any time.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Because the complaints are not reasonable. Its Killers playstyles which make Perks like DS necessary. Whenever I get my DS to use, the Killer went straight after me after Unhooking (some "interesting" guy also once told me that I was baiting DS by running away from the Hook when he came back...).

    Same with Unbreakable or better the "small PP Build": Stuff like DS is used with the hope to never have to use it. I rarely get hit by DS, so I can only assume that other players who claim about getting hit by it on a regular basis despite "not tunneling" are indeed tunneling.

    However, I would be totally fine to turn DS into a Anti-Tunnel Perk, as long as it is a big middlefinger for the Killer when he decides to tunnel me down.

    How are the comaints about DS not reasonable? How is it okay for someone to get free gen time? How is it okay for someone to get free unhooks? How is it okay for someone to jump in a locker instead of looping? How is it okay that the "counterplay" isn't even counterplay - and has perks that completely undo it? And, and this is the real kicker, how is it okay to assume the killer tunelled you because you got to activate that sweet, sweet skillcheck?

  • @Financial_Stability said:

    Deactivate on locker and on generator repair, that's all that's really needed.

    This. These are the only changes it needs.

  • @Customapple0 said:

    Probably because DS is fine? Not all players “abuse” it you know.

    Some of us just want some breathing room against tunnelling.

    The people that want it for anti-tunneling won't be affected by the change, just the ones that want to abuse it.

  • Because none of the complaints actually hold any weight. Pretty simple answer

    I play killer as well as survivor and rarely get hit by DS. When I do, it's because I want to eat the DS on purpose to get it out the way and that's rare because I make it a point to not tunnel, even if it means leaving the match with a 2k or 3k.

    I've also gotten plenty of 4ks and every adept killer achievement without tunneling so.... DS is really mainly an issue for people who tunnel.

    And all this "it's 60 seconds of invincibility" nonsense is a blatant lie. The person who was unhooked can still be slugged. If you have a Mori, they can be Mori'd. If you're playing PH, they can be sent to a cage. Or you can simply force them to use the perk if you feel you have to go after that person instead of the 3 other people on the map. Either way, there's no invincibility. DS simply means that for those 60 seconds, they cannot be picked up and placed back on a hook and I think 60 second grace period is perfectly fine. I personally would use that time to heal but if they want to hop on gens, that's their perogative.

  • New killer perk idea -

    Cervelliere - This close fitting cap of steel protects your head and neck area from vital injury. Reduce Decisive Strike stun time by 3 seconds

  • @Boss said:

    They don't believe that it's a broken Perk.

    I don't think they're responding to them cause they already did, explaining why they disagree.

    That's just my thoughts though.

    Peanits said he agreed that it should deactivate when you progress the game, like doing gens.

  • Maybe the devs haven't found a good way the change the perk to make it balanced for both sides

    Maybe this is as good as it gets for DS

  • @VSchmitt said:

    Look. I'll start this by saying: DS is a really good anti-tunnel perk (and I know that the Devs never said it was its function) as BT is a great anti-tunnel perk.

    Now that's over, WHY, WHY in the heavens the devs doesn't say NOTHING about all the complaints (and proofs) that DS is a broken perk in its current status?

    Hell, there's almost a consensus (when you play both sides) that 1 minute of immortality and "do whatever you want as long as the perk is active" is utterly BS.

    And a really good solution has been brought by Scott Jund (and many other players). Give DS any duration you want. Hell, make it last for the rest of the match. BUT, in the moment that a survivor touch a gen o start healing somebody, the perk desables.

    It's that simple. You won't get tunneled, as it will be up, and the killer won't have to worry about you sitting on a gen in his face 'cause you have 1 minute of "get out of the jail free card".

    Why is so difficult to do that? (Besides the fact that survivors are the majority of player base and god forbid that the devs mess with their beloved perk).

    EDIT: BT is great anti-camp perk.

    I doubt they turn a blind eye to anything. They just do their own testing and make up their own minds at their own pace. Largely, we aren't entitled to know what they are thinking or what they will do. They certainly don't answer to you. Have I lost kills to DS? Sure. Is it annoying when they use it at the right time? Absolutely. Them's the breaks. I can't abide people constantly complaining about Noed or camping, or tunneling or whatever the hate of the day is from Survivors and I don't really care for Killers complaining about Perks.

    If you want to complain about something, complain about SWF. That is actually an issue, a 5th Meta Perk called (Comms) which when used to coordinate well, is like having an anvil falling on your head.

  • @Toybasher said:

    https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/f4jpjk/tunneling_3_survivors_simultaneously/

    https://youtu.be/AemY6nr_GCU?t=200

    https://youtu.be/g2UKAqmJSH4

    https://streamable.com/llq5r9

    https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/dualyt/i_want_to_die/

    https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/i5ee58/i_guess_i_tunneled_after_getting_2_hooks_thanks_ds/

    Even if the killer is trying not to tunnel you can still use DS as a safety net for borderline suicidal plays.

    https://imgur.com/zr1U4jM

    DS is also used in 87% of red rank matches if I am interpreting this correctly. (And on average when it IS in a match, there's usually 2 DS's) Funny how Hex: Ruin being used in 45% of all matches and over 80% of red rank matches is justification for ♫Hex: Ruin being ruined and it'll never be the same again!♪

    Theres a distinct difference between DS & Ruin Though.


    While the hex was up, it was ALWAYS in use, you can have 4 survivors in a match with DS and it never gets used.

  • @Zeon_99 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1541650#Comment_1541650

    Peanits said he agreed that it should deactivate when you progress the game, like doing gens.

    Guess we've seen different comments then.

  • maybe it has something to do with it being tied to Laurie, since she’s licensed

  • If it finally does get changed ( I don´t think it is too bad of a perk though unless paired with Unbreakable for the small pp build) I hope it will include something to get rid of the guaranteed escape in an end game situation. Seriously, that´s so dumb and infuriating.

  • @BillyMain77 said:

    Only people complaining about ds are tunnelers.

    Only thing wrong with DS is that it doesnt deactivate once you past the exit gate.

    Getting unhooked during egc with a door 99 is OP and needs to be fixed.

    All other situations are irrelevant if your a good killer DS isnt even a problem.

    As a rank 1 killer with 1200 plus hrs i really only get hit with a DS if i plan to. Theres 4 survivours dont go after the same guy you just hooked.

    Its 60 seconds if you chase the person who saved even a basic potato can last 30 seconds in a chase. You hook him and go after someone different. Dont go back to the last guy whos still injured.

    Hes doing a gen fine let him. Go down a second survivor and create map pressure. Now you have 2 hooks and since ole guy you didnt tunnel did the gen instead of healing now go back and hes a easy one hit with no DS.

    Its not hard to go after different survivors.

    Only time its OP is during EGC and a door is 99d.

    It should deactivate when you pass the exit gate.

    I´d give you more upvotes if I could.

  • @Customapple0 said:

    Probably because DS is fine? Not all players “abuse” it you know.

    Some of us just want some breathing room against tunnelling.

    "Hey guys not everyone abused old MoM, therefore it shouldn't have been changed."

  • Because then it would actually be an anti-tunneling perk and not a "HAHA I'm gonna jump in a locker or make you grab me so I can stun that ass" perk

  • @CornHub said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1540910#Comment_1540910

    "Hey guys not everyone abused old MoM, therefore it shouldn't have been changed."

    Errrrr how was MoM abused?

    Also, notice how I put “abuse” in quotation marks? Because some people think that optimally using a perk is abuse for whatever reason.

    I don’t tend to play aggressively with DS active, but the people that do, how are they abusing it exactly? They are just optimally using the perk.

    Is there an unwritten rule somewhere which says “with DS active you are not allowed to be daring”?

  • @handfulofrain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1541971#Comment_1541971

    Because then it would actually be an anti-tunneling perk and not a "HAHA I'm gonna jump in a locker or make you grab me so I can stun that ass" perk

    1. It's not strictly an anti-tunneling perk.

    2. You tunneled and got butthurt you couldn't slug. That means it is doing its job.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1542882#Comment_1542882

    1. It's not strictly an anti-tunneling perk.

    2. You tunneled and got butthurt you couldn't slug. That means it is doing its job.

    "It's not an anti-tunnelling perk but only tunnelers get hit by it"

  • Lol imagine getting tunneled is a survivors fault and that they're bad if a killer decides to go for them all match. You mate are bad, that's easy to tell.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1542882#Comment_1542882

    1. It's not strictly an anti-tunneling perk.

    2. You tunneled and got butthurt you couldn't slug. That means it is doing its job.

    No, but nice survivor main rhetoric. Good stuff.

    If a survivor jumps in a locker in my face, how exactly do I slug them? It's a stupid mechanic that is literally uncounterable.

    And, as anyone who has played killer will say, 99% of the times I get hit by DS happen after I chase/hook another survivor.


    But ya, salty tunneling killer *smile*

  • I mean how can the not ignore the complaints of half of them are just "Rework DS it's annoying". People still complain about Legion and other killers the same way and they're very sick of it so they just ignore most complains. They're good developers and know what they're doing but sometimes people just make mistakes 🤷‍♂️

1 2 3