BHVR, can we acknowledge fps on console is AWFUL since 4.1.0?

(for the original post look below)

UPDATE #2 (SEPTEMBER 1)

@MandyTalk posted this reply:

"If you don't keep this thread on topic, it will be closed.

When we have information we will post it."

So here's asking to all the new comers: please, don't spam and remain in-topic as much as possible. The new patch is almost here and it would be a shame to not have this topic ready to discuss if and what changed. Thank you guys!

UPDATE #1 (August 28)

Q: did BHVR acknowledge the consoles problem?

A: NO. The only thing that BHVR did in this topic was to say, and I quote from @PatBrutal, "Just so you know, we've shared the thread with the team and they're going to take a look at it."

The reply from Pat was on August 13th, and since then we haven't received any update on the matter. We currently don't know:

  • if the Dev Team actually did read the post
  • if they understand there is a frame rate problem
  • if they are willing to work on the problem
  • if they are able to work on the problem
  • if the problem has any priority over other work
  • if yes at all of the above: when the issues are expected to be resolved


Aside for the (non existent) public communications here on the forum, today there has been a tweet from the DbD official account that states as follow:

Untitled Image

notice the post is not talking about any improvement over the current fps on console, just that they apparently acknowledge console need special care for the graphical update.

if BHVR should ever decide to give any new public statement on the matter, it will be posted as a new update.

-----------------


ORIGINAL POST (august 5)

There are plenty of feedback on the optimization sub board but I don't see any reply from BHVR, so, once again:

are you aware that fps on console (PS4, at least) degraded A LOT since 4.1.0 when playing as killer?

Here, I'll post you a video from today on Hawkins, it's basically a slide show every time a survivor is on screen.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/701472489

(if it doesn't open: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/701472489)

as a comparison, here's the same map (different killer, but trust me, it's not the Oni the problem), but from one month ago

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/665197944

(again: direct link is https://www.twitch.tv/videos/665197944)

The frame rate obviously is still far from optimal, but it's a great deal better than how it is now.

Can you, @Peanits , @Almo or whoever else at least say "yes, we know, expect a fix soon / buy a pc you filthy console peasant"?

EDIT: bonus video - Hillbilly on a very open (and not very elaborate, polygonally speaking?) map.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xvi3tYBSOA

The framerate is certainly better than on Hawkins, but as you can see every time there's a chase, maybe at T-L walls, everything goes south.

Comments

  • Don't know if it's the frame rate, or the servers being terrible, but I've had so many instances in the past couple days where the lag is unreal. I'll be perfectly fine playing then boom, the game is basically a wallpaper. Don't have this issue with any other game so obviously it isn't an issue on my end

  • We got to 21 nice job everyone please keep this thread civil with information if possible on your issues with frame rates. It is really making the game more unfun for killer and it was already an unfun role to play.

    I have been playing more survivor run into the odd weird frame rate here and there.But I miss my boops so very much please bhrv fix our game.

    🐷❤️

  • Bump. Lets keep going on metacritic. Maybe if a new source reports on this we can get more responses

  • @Bullettimegod said:

    Bump. Lets keep going on metacritic. Maybe if a new source reports on this we can get more responses

    Already did my part.

  • Ebc08lNXsAEk2_5.jpg

    Dead by Daylight. I was expecting someone with your reputation to be a little… smoother.

    20200824_150725.jpg

    General Consumer. You're broker than I expected.

    [This is just a meme I have no problem with the devs...but pls do something...let us know something is happening.]

  • As survivor, it seems worst when against Doctor. Also problematic when you break a totem, against Freddy, and to a lesser extent, against Pyramid Head.

    As killer, it's been worst for me as Huntress or Hillbilly. And while this is totally probably not related, the worst lagging survivors always seem to be Fengs.

  • @Leachy_Jr said:

    Aight found a minor cause for some low frame games on console. This'll help a bit.

    Characters that have dripping effects such as the hallowed blight skins make frames drop. I would recommend taking off charms and cosmetics that have this effect. As well as this ive found that bright cosmetics (not bright colours, like a glowing effect with the tier 70 charms) also hinder the frames a bit. I just wouldn't use any hallowed blight things.

    This would also explain why Demo's frames are so low, with the constant dripping effect of saliva in his mouth.

    For all console nurses out there, do not use the jack O lantern head piece, my friend tested that head and he was having horrible frames due to the effect it spawns.

    Oh very helpful information...is it all hook charms or just the glowy ones? Also i have a question...what about wraiths flamey type outfit thats in the rift right now?

    Also what about Hillbillys flame top (the one with the kerosene can on his back).

    Guess ill have to take off the blight knife I use on my clown too. :(

  • @Bullettimegod said:

    Bump. Lets keep going on metacritic. Maybe if a new source reports on this we can get more responses

    one thing about this "metacritic bombing".. I understand the reasoning, I understand that leaving a bad rating at the current DbD is actually the correct thing to do, since it's now borderline unplayable, especially with certain killers, but.


    But actively promoting this is not elegant, I don't even know if it's within the rules of the board, and you are exposing yourself (and, most importantly, the thread) to sanctions. I don't want to see this thread closed because of something that won't really help us in any way so...

    Please refrain from promoting it any further in this thread. If you want, open another one and do it there (at your own risk, though).

    Again, no hard feelings or anything, but this thread is a monument to how bad BHVR is currently working on console, let's have it going.

  • @Nobsyde said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1567366#Comment_1567366

    one thing about this "metacritic bombing".. I understand the reasoning, I understand that leaving a bad rating at the current DbD is actually the correct thing to do, since it's now borderline unplayable, especially with certain killers, but.

    But actively promoting this is not elegant, I don't even know if it's within the rules of the board, and you are exposing yourself (and, most importantly, the thread) to sanctions. I don't want to see this thread closed because of something that won't really help us in any way so...

    Please refrain from promoting it any further in this thread. If you want, open another one and do it there (at your own risk, though).

    Again, no hard feelings or anything, but this thread is a monument to how bad BHVR is currently working on console, let's have it going.

    I can totally understand your point. Iam also against stuff like that but no response from the devs in that long time is a huge f*** y** to the customer.

  • To any PCrs who happen to read this thread, please please please ask a friend who has DBD on PlayStation 4 or whatever and give it a go. Especially killer. Especially on an indoor map.

    Get a taste of the current console experience, maybe state here what it is. Thank you in advance.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1567689#Comment_1567689

    I played it back in winter of 2018-19. The frame rate was really bad then (although I am used to 60), and from the sound of things it hasn't gotten any better.

    The last two patches have made fps much much worse.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1567689#Comment_1567689

    I played it back in winter of 2018-19. The frame rate was really bad then (although I am used to 60), and from the sound of things it hasn't gotten any better.

    Thank you for relaying your experience though!

  • Be cool if they actually said they are working on it... (Coming from the devs, not a mod )

  • This thread has now, officially more pages then the frames the game run on lol.

  • @Sylorknag said:

    This thread has now, officially more pages then the frames the game run on lol.

    Not really hard to get 1 page ;)

  • Played a game as Clown for a daily on Lerys. People aren't kidding when they say slideshow quality. I didn't DC, but I just went and had a snack and drink and came back to some people who died to the end game collapse. Meh.

  • @Nobsyde said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1567366#Comment_1567366

    one thing about this "metacritic bombing".. I understand the reasoning, I understand that leaving a bad rating at the current DbD is actually the correct thing to do, since it's now borderline unplayable, especially with certain killers, but.

    But actively promoting this is not elegant, I don't even know if it's within the rules of the board, and you are exposing yourself (and, most importantly, the thread) to sanctions. I don't want to see this thread closed because of something that won't really help us in any way so...

    Please refrain from promoting it any further in this thread. If you want, open another one and do it there (at your own risk, though).

    Again, no hard feelings or anything, but this thread is a monument to how bad BHVR is currently working on console, let's have it going.

    I understand your point, but you have to understand that we want a response. Its like a protest.

  • @Azgard12 said:

    Played a game as Clown for a daily on Lerys. People aren't kidding when they say slideshow quality. I didn't DC, but I just went and had a snack and drink and came back to some people who died to the end game collapse. Meh.

    Toss in fog offerings and it is just about unplayable. I haven't seen so many used until lately, like survs know...

  • Oh gosh i hope they fix the new pallets from ptb...even the pc users were getting horrid frames from it...imagine the consoles just crash from it if its not fixed lmao.

    @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1568214#Comment_1568214

    Toss in fog offerings and it is just about unplayable. I haven't seen so many used until lately, like survs know...

    Wouldnt surprise me. This community always has loads of people using things just cause they know it screws the other side like the wake up bug or legion infinite mending. Hell us mentioning it in this very thread shining a light to what causes fps drops will probably cause people to use said things against us.

  • Not saying they use fog offerings to do said thing...just saying.

    Honestly i wish theyd just temporarily disable fog offerings all together or just remove them if they cant optimize them.

  • Console people keep bumping this post, meanwhile the closed post about error 112 for pc that was fixed a few days ago is still pinned to the top. I'm laughing, but it's a sad laugh.

  • @Sylorknag said:

    This thread has now, officially more pages then the frames the game run on lol.

    This made me laugh lol

  • @bm33 said:

    Console people keep bumping this post, meanwhile the closed post about error 112 for pc that was fixed a few days ago is still pinned to the top. I'm laughing, but it's a sad laugh.

    Yeah how about we have a new pinned post saying how they are aware of the problem and are planning a fix soon.

    Something more concrete being done other then just saying they know about the problem....something saying they are working to resolving said problem.

  • @Nobsyde said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1567366#Comment_1567366

    one thing about this "metacritic bombing".. I understand the reasoning, I understand that leaving a bad rating at the current DbD is actually the correct thing to do, since it's now borderline unplayable, especially with certain killers, but.

    But actively promoting this is not elegant, I don't even know if it's within the rules of the board, and you are exposing yourself (and, most importantly, the thread) to sanctions. I don't want to see this thread closed because of something that won't really help us in any way so...

    Please refrain from promoting it any further in this thread. If you want, open another one and do it there (at your own risk, though).

    Again, no hard feelings or anything, but this thread is a monument to how bad BHVR is currently working on console, let's have it going.

    Agreed 100%. If it continues, it'll just get this thread closed. There are better alternatives to this, we just have to be patient as a community.

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1568214#Comment_1568214

    Toss in fog offerings and it is just about unplayable. I haven't seen so many used until lately, like survs know...

    This is what I noticed before I had to stop playing killer the amount of fog offerings I thought it was just my luck lol

    That's not cool at all!

    Been getting extreme frate rate drops when I'm hit and the killer is running sloppy butcher do not know if anyone else has had this problem.

    🐷

  • I think the solution for Dead By Daylight is to be sold to another studio example EA because has greater resources, maybe any studio are be interested in acquiring this IP, this game cannot continue in the same hands for more time, anyway DBD lives to DLCS, micropayments and cosmetics, I doubt it could be worse than now.

  • @Darkskies said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1568268#Comment_1568268

    This is what I noticed before I had to stop playing killer the amount of fog offerings I thought it was just my luck lol

    That's not cool at all!

    Been getting extreme frate rate drops when I'm hit and the killer is running sloppy butcher do not know if anyone else has had this problem.

    🐷

    When survivin I get frame drops whenever Sloppy is applied, Exposed triggers, Myers teirs up, Thana kicks in, and many other things. Vaults truely are a risky proposition these days as well...

  • @Nemmy_Wemmy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1566419#Comment_1566419

    Oh very helpful information...is it all hook charms or just the glowy ones? Also i have a question...what about wraiths flamey type outfit thats in the rift right now?

    Also what about Hillbillys flame top (the one with the kerosene can on his back).

    Guess ill have to take off the blight knife I use on my clown too. :(

    I haven't properly tested glowing charms but I have felt very slight worse frames with them equipped. It's probably a placebo, take them off if you want to.

    From my experience the flames do not effect frames.

    With the clown weapon, there's not much dripping, so while it will likely effect frames a bit it's not going to make a worlds difference.

  • @Leachy_Jr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1567545#Comment_1567545

    I haven't properly tested glowing charms but I have felt very slight worse frames with them equipped. It's probably a placebo, take them off if you want to.

    From my experience the flames do not effect frames.

    With the clown weapon, there's not much dripping, so while it will likely effect frames a bit it's not going to make a worlds difference.

    For me the worst fps experience has been with Hag's Halloween body. It was so bad that my eyes hurt and I had to DC that match.

  • @Stinde said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1569195#Comment_1569195

    For me the worst fps experience has been with Hag's Halloween body. It was so bad that my eyes hurt and I had to DC that match.

    Yeah I have that set and regretted using it instantly.

  • this is getting kinda close to the bottom so have another bump up

  • Still no official update from BHVR... We are blatantly being ignored.

  • Another lagspike for no reason when trying to hit a survivor.

  • From the hit validation post: "Our goal with Dead by Daylight is to provide an online game that is as clean and fun as possible."

    Hard to believe this statement with current state of console.

  • @bm33 said:

    From the hit validation post: "Our goal with Dead by Daylight is to provide an online game that is as clean and fun as possible."

    Hard to believe this statement with current state of console.

    Yes and without responding to the community

  • Have they said anything about optimization?

    I mean, they've been working on the new chapter, just released the hit validation system...

    No hopes for us then?

  • @bm33 said:

    Console people keep bumping this post, meanwhile the closed post about error 112 for pc that was fixed a few days ago is still pinned to the top. I'm laughing, but it's a sad laugh.

    Yup

  • it's always been unacceptably bad since the Clown upddate, but now it's even worse. i have crossplay turned off as killer because of it. there's no reason not to, since PS4 killers have <30 second wait times either way.

  • Let us pray....

    We humble consolers pray for our frames, the frames of our friends and family, the frames of our neighbors, and most especially the frames of our brother and sister Switchers.

    We humble consolers ferverantly wish the mighty devs hear our prayers, and love our platforms as they love their child, DBD.

    Maybe a prayer a day will at least help keeps some bugs away...

  • Cfa95-gW8AAY6-b.jpg

    Behaviour: I have brought new killers, survivors, cosmetics, and tomes to my new game.

    Players: Your new game?

    Behaviour: Don't make me ban you.

    Players: Behaviour, my allegiance is to the frames, to console!

    Behaviour: If you are not consuming, then you are my enemy.

    Players: Only a Dev deals in absolutes. I will do what I must.

    Behaviour: You will buy.

  • @Ryuzaki said:

    Still no official update from BHVR... We are blatantly being ignored.

    I'm sure they will soon.

    It also might be something that's being prepped for next gen...

  • God. I can just imagine how bad this update will be on consoles

  • @jisp3r said:

    Page 2? No.

    me and jisp3r today enjoyed a wonderful slideshow with the doctor lol.

    What a game @jisp3r , mh?

  • i used to get really good framerates on kyf, now they suck even there with some killers like Demo(sadly my main), not talking about some maps.. jeez

  • @Nobsyde said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1571088#Comment_1571088

    me and jisp3r today enjoyed a wonderful slideshow with the doctor lol.

    What a game @jisp3r , mh?

    in fact, enjoy everyone lol

    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/721394980


  • Me when I play demo and get a map that runs higher than 10 FPS

    https://youtu.be/n4_7-lYjLEI?t=15


  • Can't wait to bump into stuff with 20 fps and thick mist in the next chapter! Truly going to be living up to the chapter's "madness" premise!

1 … 11 12 13 14 15 … 21