BHVR, can we acknowledge fps on console is AWFUL since 4.1.0?

(for the original post look below)

UPDATE #2 (SEPTEMBER 1)

@MandyTalk posted this reply:

"If you don't keep this thread on topic, it will be closed.

When we have information we will post it."

So here's asking to all the new comers: please, don't spam and remain in-topic as much as possible. The new patch is almost here and it would be a shame to not have this topic ready to discuss if and what changed. Thank you guys!

UPDATE #1 (August 28)

Q: did BHVR acknowledge the consoles problem?

A: NO. The only thing that BHVR did in this topic was to say, and I quote from @PatBrutal, "Just so you know, we've shared the thread with the team and they're going to take a look at it."

The reply from Pat was on August 13th, and since then we haven't received any update on the matter. We currently don't know:

  • if the Dev Team actually did read the post
  • if they understand there is a frame rate problem
  • if they are willing to work on the problem
  • if they are able to work on the problem
  • if the problem has any priority over other work
  • if yes at all of the above: when the issues are expected to be resolved


Aside for the (non existent) public communications here on the forum, today there has been a tweet from the DbD official account that states as follow:

Untitled Image

notice the post is not talking about any improvement over the current fps on console, just that they apparently acknowledge console need special care for the graphical update.

if BHVR should ever decide to give any new public statement on the matter, it will be posted as a new update.

-----------------


ORIGINAL POST (august 5)

There are plenty of feedback on the optimization sub board but I don't see any reply from BHVR, so, once again:

are you aware that fps on console (PS4, at least) degraded A LOT since 4.1.0 when playing as killer?

Here, I'll post you a video from today on Hawkins, it's basically a slide show every time a survivor is on screen.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/701472489

(if it doesn't open: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/701472489)

as a comparison, here's the same map (different killer, but trust me, it's not the Oni the problem), but from one month ago

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/665197944

(again: direct link is https://www.twitch.tv/videos/665197944)

The frame rate obviously is still far from optimal, but it's a great deal better than how it is now.

Can you, @Peanits , @Almo or whoever else at least say "yes, we know, expect a fix soon / buy a pc you filthy console peasant"?

EDIT: bonus video - Hillbilly on a very open (and not very elaborate, polygonally speaking?) map.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xvi3tYBSOA

The framerate is certainly better than on Hawkins, but as you can see every time there's a chase, maybe at T-L walls, everything goes south.

Comments

  • Just had a game on Lerys with Demo. 10-15 FPS all the game, my poor eyes D:

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1559526#Comment_1559526

    https://youtu.be/zm8kRgy1DeI

    At 5:25

    It just looks like it would make the FPS drop you get when gaining bloodlust even worse.

    Trust me, the bloodlust effect is nothing compared to what you experience when you break pallets, kick gens or break doors. It cuts my framerate in half. But the worst one is when you pop a gen and it lights up...my framerate goes all the way down from 120 to 10. Just watch this video, I copied a timestamp for you.

    https://youtu.be/Wct5pnDM4XE?t=27

    Also watch 0:49 after you've seen him breaking a door. That basement is absolutely the worst thing ever...it shows you that you have 120 fps but the mouse movement doesn't feel smooth and it's choppy. Even Tru3 mentioned it.

  • I don't understand the break pallets fps drops... from what I saw it doesn't seem like a whole fps drop, it's just the pallet breaking that goes at very low fps (or, in other words, the pieces of the pallet/door teleport instead of smoothly moving). I might be wrong though.

  • @Nobsyde said:

    I don't understand the break pallets fps drops... from what I saw it doesn't seem like a whole fps drop, it's just the pallet breaking that goes at very low fps (or, in other words, the pieces of the pallet/door teleport instead of smoothly moving). I might be wrong though.

    It's both. The animation is definitely on the lower framerate, but it affects the frames too.

  • @BillyMain77 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1553052#Comment_1553052

    Bump cause this is getting ridiculous.

    I know pc players are the majority of the playerbase but theres enough players on consoles to move forward with this fps update.

    FPS should have been fixed before crossplay.

    Stop buying cosmetics and aura cells. They have no reason to fix anything if we just keep giving them our money anyway.

    The devs prioritize the wrong things to get fixed first and the more time you spend on this fourm and playing DBD, you really start to realize that if there not making money off it then trust me its not even being thought about.

    They probably have a monthly meeting where they discuss this fps issue and this is how i think it goes

    "Hey john the consoles players are still complaining about the FPS optimization we promised them over a year ago and never delivered"

    "Hey bob how much we do in sales in cosmetics on consoles this month?"

    "Well john, the amateur consoles players are just eating up all the new stuff we released, profits are looking good this month"

    *laughs* "stupid console players will never understand"

    "Just have a mod go post in the fourms that were still working on it, its worked this far lets just keep it going"

    "Hey bob hows that new skin coming along for the new killer?... Yeah?... Make sure we bump up the price to $20 for this legendary skin."

    "You sure there going to pay more for this skin than they did for the whole game? Of course there going to pay it!

    "Make the new legendary skin top priority! Cya next month"

    Bump # 2 and post # 500!

    Bump cause this is getting ridiculous.

    I know pc players are the majority of the playerbase but theres enough players on consoles to move forward with this fps update.

    FPS should have been fixed before crossplay.

    Stop buying cosmetics and aura cells. They have no reason to fix anything if we just keep giving them our money anyway.

    The devs prioritize the wrong things to get fixed first and the more time you spend on this fourm and playing DBD, you really start to realize that if there not making money off it then trust me its not even being thought about.

    They probably have a monthly meeting where they discuss this fps issue and this is how i think it goes

    "Hey john the consoles players are still complaining about the FPS optimization we promised them over a year ago and never delivered"

    "Hey bob how much we do in sales in cosmetics on consoles this month?"

    "Well john, the amateur consoles players are just eating up all the new stuff we released, profits are looking good this month"

    *laughs* "stupid console players will never understand"

    "Just have a mod go post in the fourms that were still working on it, its worked this far lets just keep it going"

    "Hey bob hows that new skin coming along for the new killer?... Yeah?... Make sure we bump up the price to $20 for this legendary skin."

    "You sure there going to pay more for this skin than they did for the whole game? Of course there going to pay it!

    "Make the new legendary skin top priority! Cya next month"

    Bump # 3

    Yall see that new skin we got for the executioner.

    Smh

  • @Sylorknag said:

    Just had a game on Hawkins with Hag...

    Absolutely atrocious, it gave me a terrible headache.

    The game has come to a point in which is physically hearting people, good job Behavior, hope you're proud.

    BHVR pls. Fix your game.

  • I mean, with crossplay and their response of "just opt out" when people brought up concerns about the optimization issues between console and pc it showed they don't really care about the console players so why keep giving them money? There's zero incentive as a console player to keep buying DLC/cosmetics, especially if console has to wait for next gen - may as well save the money I'd spend on DBD extras for a ps5 instead. 😂

  • @Knovvledge said:

    I'm a PC player, and reading your guys comments just breaks my heart. It is absolutely unacceptable. But what really troubles me is the updated graphics on PTB, and oh boy do we have a bad time. The game just absolutely shreds our framerate in certain moments, so I can't even begin to imagine what console/switch players are about to experience. But on the other hand, maybe that's a good thing? Maybe when the game becomes literally unplayable they will realize, that they need to to something about it. It really infuriates me when devs think that the optimization is somehow " Low Priority ".

    Anyways, I gave a lot of feedback from PTB and tested a bunch of things, and it turns out, that the Effects Quality is what causes our framerates to get so unstable (both on LIVE and PTB) . They're barely noticeable, yet very poorly implemented. So I hope they'll take my feedback into account

    Oh boy you can't even imagine how much I want to kill myself as a switch player.

  • My one and only game of the day as killer

    Brown mist was offered by a survivor.

    https://youtu.be/GABz2CW_A2M


  • Man page 18 and only a "we will bring this to the devs attention"

  • @Bullettimegod said:

    Man page 18 and only a "we will bring this to the devs attention"

    To be honest i dont think we are going to get any more than that.

  • @Cutiaddu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1559600#Comment_1559600

    Oh boy you can't even imagine how much I want to kill myself as a switch player.

    I think all us Consolers have an idea, at least to some degree.

  • Back to support this thread, fix fps on console devs.

  • @Lansen_is_Here said:

    Funny how people commenting on this thread think this is doing anything, did y'all forget this is BHVR we are talking about here? Give em maybe another year or two they'll get to this... eventually, but it'll probably be too buggy even to go live if they try to fix it anyhow

    A very high number of constant complaints increases the chance of things being fixed, there have been several examples in the past.

    However, I'm afraid the true problem is not that the devs don't want to work on optimization but that they simply don't know how to do it.

    It's probably not unrealistic to think that performance will become gradually worse with the next patches so that the game becomes unplayable on consoles somewhen next year, and only the pc playerbase will remain.

  • Oh boi I cant wait to quickscope with deathslinger on my awesome ps4!

    *proceeds to lag so bad that it makes it worthless*

    Hmm nevermind I guess I will play survivor instead.

    *Its a freddy...dream world proceeds to make the frames drop*

    Zero frames by daylight :( why u break my heart bhvr pls do dis to make me a happy Jedi Master.

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1560867#Comment_1560867

    A very high number of constant complaints increases the chance of things being fixed, there have been several examples in the past.

    However, I'm afraid the true problem is not that the devs don't want to work on optimization but that they simply don't know how to do it.

    It's probably not unrealistic to think that performance will become gradually worse with the next patches so that the game becomes unplayable on consoles somewhen next year, and only the pc playerbase will remain.

    If I'm not mistaken consumers in Australia can request a refund under Australian Consumer Law if a product is faulty, this includes digitial purchases. If the game literally becomes unplayable consumers may be able to exercise their right to a refund.

  • Wow this guy seems sad ^ Behaviour! You know what to do the balls in your court. This man bout to cry :p

  • @Ryuzaki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1560895#Comment_1560895

    If I'm not mistaken consumers in Australia can request a refund under Australian Consumer Law if a product is faulty, this includes digitial purchases. If the game literally becomes unplayable consumers may be able to exercise their right to a refund.

    I'm sure that wouldn't hurt the devs financially.

    They would however notice if console players stopped buying DLCs and auric cells. And that will happen if the game becomes unplayable.

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1561033#Comment_1561033

    I'm sure that wouldn't hurt the devs financially.

    They would however notice if console players stopped buying DLCs and auric cells. And that will happen if the game becomes unplayable.

    I see it as reputation damage which imo is more damaging than financial.

  • @Nemmy_Wemmy said:

    Oh boi I cant wait to quickscope with deathslinger on my awesome ps4!

    *proceeds to lag so bad that it makes it worthless*

    Hmm nevermind I guess I will play survivor instead.

    *Its a freddy...dream world proceeds to make the frames drop*

    Zero frames by daylight :( why u break my heart bhvr pls do dis to make me a happy Jedi Master.

    Actually, the Deathslinger quickscope eats our FPS on PC as well. There are certain actions and locations on the map that absolutely cut my performance in half

  • I fully support all the console folks on here and find it insane we are up to 19 pages with 1 very lacking response. Perhaps we should start explaining the optimization problems on places like meta critic for instance. We tried the nice respectful way here on the forums, but this doesn’t really seem to do much. Just an idea

  • @OBX said:

    I fully support all the console folks on here and find it insane we are up to 19 pages with 1 very lacking response. Perhaps we should start explaining the optimization problems on places like meta critic for instance. We tried the nice respectful way here on the forums, but this doesn’t really seem to do much. Just an idea

    This. This problem needs to be brought up to other content creators and gaming news outlets.

  • Attention everyone! Here is a thread to possibly help with the console FPS:

    @BigSpinners said:

    So as a console player it is really frustrating to play on low frames. However I may have found a solution. To increase frames on the PS4 go to sound and screen and put your resolution down to 720p. This may decrease image quality slightly but will help the game run better. You can also turn off supersampling mode but I'm not quite sure if thats a pro only feature. Enabling boost mode on the pro will also boost performance.

    I have taken all these steps and it has been running smoothly since. Hope it can help my fellow PS4 players enjoy the game as smooth as possible.


  • @Stinde said:

    Attention everyone! Here is a thread to possibly help with the console FPS:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/184972/how-to-increase-frames-on-ps4-and-ps4-pro

    But not every player has the ps4 pro. It's very sad that non of the devs is replying. Normally iam totally against metacrit reviews bombing but when I count together how this game has negatively changed: the started to implement a shop system. At first the price for new outfits where quite low around 2.70€ per complete Skin. The they raised the price to 6.75€ per skin then to 9.45 then to 10,80€ and now with this legendary BS with unchangeable Items 14,85€ ######### is going on there.... And at the same time they don't fix the game so that you can't play the character you want. In my chase it is pyramid head, doctor, Huntress, deathslinger. When you consider all this with the huge fails of not responding to the problem and their player base I think it is mir than justified to not buy any of their shop items, killers, survivors or packages and also to give a negative review. In my chase I quitted to play killer because at the moment it is not possible to play with these frames at the ps4. I really looking forward to better times....

  • @Stinde said:

    Attention everyone! Here is a thread to possibly help with the console FPS:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/184972/how-to-increase-frames-on-ps4-and-ps4-pro

    I'll probably try this later today, I'm surely skeptical right now but who knows...

    Anyone tested it yet (on a regular ps4)?

  • @Nobsyde said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1561471#Comment_1561471

    I'll probably try this later today, I'm surely skeptical right now but who knows...

    Anyone tested it yet (on a regular ps4)?

    I just tested a Myers match with 1080p on ps4 pro and upon activating tier 3, stutter/fps drop made me miss an earned hit and caused me to waste my first tier 3 completely and I lost the game. I now lowered to 720p and will play another match. Not a regular ps4 but thought I would share the first experience nonetheless.

  • @Nobsyde said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1561471#Comment_1561471

    I'll probably try this later today, I'm surely skeptical right now but who knows...

    Anyone tested it yet (on a regular ps4)?

    Doesn't work

  • @Stinde said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1561576#Comment_1561576

    I just tested a Myers match with 1080p on ps4 pro and upon activating tier 3, stutter/fps drop made me miss an earned hit and caused me to waste my first tier 3 completely and I lost the game. I now lowered to 720p and will play another match. Not a regular ps4 but thought I would share the first experience nonetheless.

    news?

  • I don't feel game fps lower but my ps4 sounds like ready to blow up say all the time it to hot all other game I play work fine.

  • Yes. I played two matches with 720p as Myers and it seemed a bit better. Felt like there was less stutter and the fps didn't seem to drop as much, although it still dropped every now and then. In the second match one survivor burned the offering lessening the mist so that might have helped. But in these two matches I had no 360 attempting survivors so I can't tell anything about that.

  • @Stinde said:

    Attention everyone! Here is a thread to possibly help with the console FPS:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/184972/how-to-increase-frames-on-ps4-and-ps4-pro

    Hopefully Devs don't see this as some bandaid fix for console because it might work for some and not others. Console needs to be optimized instead of forced to adjust settings to 720p.

  • I own a regular PS4. After lowering the resolution to 720p and rebuilding my database, I noticed a slight improvement, but nothing substantial.


  • @Sylorknag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1561367#Comment_1561367

    This. This problem needs to be brought up to other content creators and gaming news outlets.

    Anyone know a content creator who's likely to listen?

  • I would absolutely LOVE to see our big content creators to play a whole stream or even just a few matches on a console.

    Would be a funny challenge and bring more attention to our situation.

  • @oooK3NJ1ooo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1561471#Comment_1561471

    But not every player has the ps4 pro. It's very sad that non of the devs is replying. Normally iam totally against metacrit reviews bombing but when I count together how this game has negatively changed: the started to implement a shop system. At first the price for new outfits where quite low around 2.70€ per complete Skin. The they raised the price to 6.75€ per skin then to 9.45 then to 10,80€ and now with this legendary BS with unchangeable Items 14,85€ ######### is going on there.... And at the same time they don't fix the game so that you can't play the character you want. In my chase it is pyramid head, doctor, Huntress, deathslinger. When you consider all this with the huge fails of not responding to the problem and their player base I think it is mir than justified to not buy any of their shop items, killers, survivors or packages and also to give a negative review. In my chase I quitted to play killer because at the moment it is not possible to play with these frames at the ps4. I really looking forward to better times....

    Prices are absurd... It costs 15 euros for you and 60 BRL for us in Brazil...

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    I would absolutely LOVE to see our big content creators to play a whole stream or even just a few matches on a console.

    Would be a funny challenge and bring more attention to our situation.

    I know king had a PS4 and he's a pretty big fog whisperer. It would be cool to get like Otz or Tru3 to highlight the issue.

  • @Leachy_Jr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1561998#Comment_1561998

    I know king had a PS4 and he's a pretty big fog whisperer. It would be cool to get like Otz or Tru3 to highlight the issue.

    This. I want to vote this up twice

  • @Knovvledge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1561028#Comment_1561028

    Actually, the Deathslinger quickscope eats our FPS on PC as well. There are certain actions and locations on the map that absolutely cut my performance in half

    Oh i didnt know i thought it was a console only thing lol.

  • @Leachy_Jr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1561998#Comment_1561998

    I know king had a PS4 and he's a pretty big fog whisperer. It would be cool to get like Otz or Tru3 to highlight the issue.

    It would be nice. Samination and Puppers have streamed DBD on console too. Also the tournament (Into the fog) that was held thursday announced a ps4 streamer as a new fog whisperer. And even if the issue was brought up in a PC fog whisperer's stream like Otz's, he has several thousand viewers every stream so many players would become aware of the BHVR's neglect and ignoring of the issue.

  • @Leachy_Jr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1561998#Comment_1561998

    I know king had a PS4 and he's a pretty big fog whisperer. It would be cool to get like Otz or Tru3 to highlight the issue.

    Tru3 has already played nurse on PS4 once: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_59J3rjzUQ

    Wouldn't be crazy for him to do so again.

  • @Stinde said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1562125#Comment_1562125

    It would be nice. Samination and Puppers have streamed DBD on console too. Also the tournament (Into the fog) that was held thursday announced a ps4 streamer as a new fog whisperer. And even if the issue was brought up in a PC fog whisperer's stream like Otz's, he has several thousand viewers every stream so many players would become aware of the BHVR's neglect and ignoring of the issue.

    Ah crazy red boy. I like him.

    One thing i'm surprised at is that with the combined viewer count on PS4 (dunno much about XB), that the devs still haven't spoken that much about it.

    We have red boy, showstopper, swarm7, TUR in general, fnord etc.

  • @Leachy_Jr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1562434#Comment_1562434

    Ah crazy red boy. I like him.

    One thing i'm surprised at is that with the combined viewer count on PS4 (dunno much about XB), that the devs still haven't spoken that much about it.

    We have red boy, showstopper, swarm7, TUR in general, fnord etc.

    Crazy is a boss love his attitude love to see he got fog whisper but he knows full well the issue also does Vincent vega I'm sure they have raised the issue so I'm guessing we just have to buy a ps5 guys if we want good games lol

  • Let us pray....

    We humble consolers pray for our frames, the frames of our friends and family, the frames of our neighbors, and most especially the frames of our brother and sister Switchers.

    We humble consolers ferverantly wish the mighty devs hear our prayers, and love our platforms as they love their child, DBD.

  • @Darkskies said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1562449#Comment_1562449

    Crazy is a boss love his attitude love to see he got fog whisper but he knows full well the issue also does Vincent vega I'm sure they have raised the issue so I'm guessing we just have to buy a ps5 guys if we want good games lol

    Maybe... But I'd rather not assume until I know for sure. I think we can get someone to talk about this.

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    Let us pray....

    We humble consolers pray for our frames, the frames of our friends and family, the frames of our neighbors, and most especially the frames of our brother and sister Switchers.

    We humble consolers ferverantly wish the mighty devs hear our prayers, and love our platforms as they love their child, DBD.

    Preach to them sister 🐷🙌

  • Unfortunately, it seems like they are ACTUALLY waiting for the new consoles, just a rumor thought but I mean... We are talking about bhvr after all...

1 … 9 10 11 12 13 … 21