Why Hasn't DS Been Nerfed?

Everyone is talking about it, it is in almost every single match. I made a poll about it, at this time 70% of the votes are for it to be nerfed. Why is this taking so long?

Comments

  • @Khakuate said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1476209#Comment_1476209

    I think it doesn't need changes for gens.

    You can do swing (dont be close to the survivor so the game doesn't grab the survivor) and slug him, but locker DS has no counter, but anyways i'd rather eat the ds, they're going to be in the floor again in 15s lmao.

    I think you should just ignore them, they're really anooying and toxic, they just seek for attention, everytime I see a "COVID-19 vaccine has a chip so bill gates can control us" i laugh out loud 😂, they just seek for attention that's all what they want, hopefully oxford vaccine will help us to end this pandemic once and for all.

    And dont worry, people on internet are really rude, a lot of them are just salty kids, if they insult you just leave the discussion (that's what I do) they suffer more when you don't pay attention to them.

    I reccomend you to watch some series on netflix, there are a loot of good series!

    My fav series are:

    El Final del Paraiso: As the new DEA director in Colombia, Catalina Santana will have to deal with a dangerous gang of drug traffickers, as she faces demons who threaten to destroy her family. (You should watch sin senos si hay paraiso so you can understand this season)

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/M9JIYDL6KR8P/image.png

    Control Z: After a hacker begins to expose the secrets of the students of the National College in front of the entire school, the distant and observant Sofia sets out to discover her identity.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/1XPAM4F3DBMI/image.png

    La reina del flow: Yeimy Montoya pays an unfair sentence in New York after being deceived by the man she loved. Therefore, he makes a pact with the judicial authorities to capture the man who murdered his family. (This is a really good serie) btw srry for the low quality pic, it is actually high res but it seems like a forum issue

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/D0DCHABOXR3D/image.png

    Stranger things, but I think everyone knows this serie lol

    Thats fair, I just hate the fact survivors do gens right next to you, so you slug them and 30 seconds later they're back up and the gen is done. But I can't even leave rank 6, so its probably on me. Thanks for the suggestions! I have seen the first season of Stranger Things (It was so good, I'm glad its in DBD), and my sister is a massive fan of Control Z. I haven't heard of either of the other shows, unfortunately I don't currently have a netflix subscribtion. Covid has been a #########, if I get the money for it I will definitely check those out! I'll probably leave sluzzy depending on how he responds to my followup.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475976#Comment_1475976

    Weren't you the one who called me a killer main in another thread for having a different opinion than you and when I proved you wrong with several screenshots that I am not actually a killer main, you back pedal'd and started making up excuses and strawmans on how my opinion was "invalid"?

    Yeah, I guess the forums is full of killer mains when everyone who has an opinion you don't agree with is a "killer main".

    Yeah you are right you definitely proved me wrong you that you arent a killer main but you are inexperienced in killer so all the bold claims you make on behalf of killers confuses me.

    Also yes I stay with my word this forum is killer biased. I seen a post about a survivor complaining of a spirits stand still mindgame and slingers easy zoning and the majority of the comments were killer mains.

    Another thing I should mention is I dont think people who have different opinions are killer mains, but the opinions you have are ones typically said by killer mains so my reason for assuming you were one was justified.

    One more thing if you havent played killer enough to even get rank 1 killer, which is incredibly easy might I add. Also some of the killer mains ik who played the game when survivors were actually op dont complain about ds they know what's op and what's not ds is far from it.

  • @MigrantTheGreat said:

    The problems I have with DS are

    1. The perk last too long, I can hook 2 other survivor's and still get punished fore tunneling even though I didn't tunnel
    2. How easily abused the perk is especially when killer's are trying to play fair and mind they own damn business

    I want to see you hook 2 other survivors and get DS'ed by a 3rd.

    Come on. I challenge you.

  • Devs: nerf ruin because it was overused in most games and survivors had problems with basic game mechanic such as skill checks.

    While Adrenaline, Dead Hard, Decisive Strike and Borrowed Time are the most used perks in all regions and matches. They nerfed ruin for being used in 80% of the games, also because "gives too much value for low effort", the same can be said about meta perks survivors, Adrenaline yes requires 5 gens, but you can just run around the map and get the effect without needing to touch a gen, Dead Hard gives you a SECOND CHANCE, if the Killer do a good move with his skills you can just tap a button and say ######### YOU to him(I play Huntress always with exhaustion add-ons, survivors can dodge my hatchets just with a button, where's the skill in that?), anyway, you got the idea, it goes in the same way for every perk.

    They could just buff old perks to give them a little space in the meta, cuz its always the same for Killers: BBQ, Pop, Sloppy, STBFL, Nurse's, and for survivors, Dead Hard, Adrenaline, Borrow, Decisive, Lithe, Spine Chill, Iron Will. It's always the same perks, it's boring.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    Maybe for a few reasons:

    1. Tunnellers
    2. Campers
    3. Tunnellers
    4. Campers

    To name just a few lol

    There's already a ton of less toxic perks that can be used to counter these things.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1476327#Comment_1476327

    Over 1,000 hours of killer is inexperienced because I don't play the game enough in a single season to get rank 1 even though I can defeat rank 1 survivors?

    What is an "experienced killer" in your book, then? Someone could play Legion to farm chaser emblems and get rank 1 in only 30 hours if they really wanted to. You are literally basing my experience as a killer on nothing more than the fact I haven't care enough to dedicated my time to get a rank 1 achievement on killer because I don't care enough to grind for the rank, but throwing over 1,000 hours of my experience with the game under the bus.

    You just said you don't think people who have different opinions are killer mains, but just contradicted yourself because my opinion which was different, made you think I'm a killer main for no other reason.

    I'm gonna try to keep this short but, you have over 1k hours of experience against typically weaker opponents. The swf death squads are at the lower ranks which btw you didnt bother to get to. You might be able to defeat rank 1 survivors which I can give you but like I said death squads hang out lower in the ranks.

    Just because you farm the chaser emblem to get rank 1 doesnt mean you got the experience to handle good swfs just like you dont because you hang out higher in the ranks. If I were to say survivorsls are weak but I also say I dont have time to get rank 1 in a season and I play in a sweaty swf but I have 1k hours I would have my opinion disregarded by a bunch of people.

    Once again I said you were a killer main because your opinion is one that is held by typically killer mains like I said before.

  • @TransverseCaster said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475796#Comment_1475796

    There's already a ton of less toxic perks that can be used to counter these things.

    Not really. There are some average perks to help against camping and tunnelling but not any that really stop it.

    Something simple like a mori is where DS helps a lot. Jumping into a locker allows you to get a second chance or will help you waste enough time that the team can rush gens.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1476248#Comment_1476248

    I want to see you hook 2 other survivors and get DS'ed by a 3rd.

    Come on. I challenge you.

    Though I'm pretty sure you've already seen this video!

    As you can see I already have 2 other survivor's hooked, and Jane was unhooked 2 chases and hooks ago but I got punished for capitalizing on Feng's and Yui's mistakes in their chases, and me avoiding Yui is proof enough that I had no intentions on not tunneling. Despite it being early game, this is still one of the problems that have with DS. Being punished for playing fairly and not tunneling!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhke0kH3gD0


  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1476441#Comment_1476441

    How do you know if I've not gone against "death squads" or not. Can you prove that I haven't? Do you know my +1,000 hours of experience more than I do somehow? Is that something you can confidentially say or is this just another statement you're throwing into the wind with no actual evidence to support it?

    Maybe after I already proved you wrong about me not being a killer main, you should stop assuming what I have and haven't done or do. Just... a word of advice.

    I seriously don't think you know how many red ranks yellow rank killers actually go up against on a consistent basis (at least before the new matchmaking changes came in anyway). Let me tell you, even as a yellow rank killer, the amount of red rank survivors I went up against was A LOT. Sometimes it would even be all 4 red rank survivors. Hell, even at beige ranks, I still got red ranks! Honestly, I dunno how new killers even cope.

    Then again, some of the yellow rank survivors play better than some of the red ranks I go up against, because again as I've said, rank does not = experience. I assume lots of the yellow rank survivors are casual like how I am with killer, just on the survivor side.

    What is the highest rank do you think I've gotten as a killer? I bet you don't know the number, do you. All you know is that I haven't gotten the rank 1 achievement.

    Like damn, imagine dedicating over 1,000 hours to something, which doesn't even include things like looking up guides, watching other people play, researching up hard numbers on things to better understand how they work (because "slightly, moderately, tremendously, etc isn't exactly 'useful' info). Doing things like going into KYFs to test out mechanics and to hardcore practice and refine your skill and to learn the new maps, all of this -- and someone just comes up to you and told you that you have no idea what you're doing, that they're better than you and that you are "unqualified" to speak your opinion on something in an open board, because they obviously know better than you and they obviously know how inexperienced you are...

    ...Simply because you played and done all of the above in the game in a more casual manner stretched over a longer period of time than them. Also because they said so.

    It's just a little disrespectful, in my book.

    So let me ask you something: Do you think people's opinions of "Decisive Strike needs to be nerfed" is a "killer main" opinion? Based on your first comment I quoted, I would assume so, but I'm asking for clarification because I'd prefer to know rather than presume or stereotype.

    We established I'm not a killer main, and I quite clearly use DS in the screen shots I've shown you before; but guess what, I think DS needs to be nerfed! Maddening, I know! An unpopular opinion, among other things I have like "I think the new balanced landing actually made it better than before as someone who also always runs balanced landing in my builds (I didn't rely jumping through the same second-story window 3 times in a row, either though).

    Actually, I don't like to use the word "nerfed". I think it needs to be 'changed.' Properly this time, preferably. The problem with DS before was it was anti-momentum. The problem with DS now is that it's... anti-momentum. The thing BHVR said they were going to fix and the reason for the rework, did not end up getting fixed, which makes the rework a failure because the rework didn't do solve the problem it was designed tgo achieve.

    And most of my reasons for wanting it to be "nerfed" is not even from my "(in)"experience as killer before you start quoting that again, but from the absurd things I can do with it as a survivor, no matter how hard the killer tries to "just don't tunnel" me.

    Im gonna try keep this short because I rather not read paragraphs I will number my responses.

    1.you are right I can not prove that you have gone against deathsquads but my assumption has reasoning and logic to it. Deathsquads reside in lower ranks and only decently has the ranking system been this bad. A casual player such as yourself most likely wont verse them.

    2.yes rank doesnt matter but I am referring to death squads which btw reside in red ranks.

    3. I never said I was better than you I just said I find it hard for you to express the opinions you when you havent hit the top rank as killer. Also just because you watch all the guides, know all the stats doesnt mean you have actual skill just knowledge.

    4. DS is fine and not as strong as back in the day. Ik it's crazy but you can slug the person with DS. If they have unbreakable it's still one person off gens and when its gone it's gone, one use. I honestly think most people asking for ds to be changed are killer mains.

    5.new bl made the perk worse and the old version wasnt the problem the maps were.

    6. DS was never meant to be anti tunnel the devs said it themselves the anti tunnel was coined from the community. Like I said before you can slug and its not as worse from when it could deny a hook. That's even worse ds could activate before you even got a hook meaning you could chase a survivor finally get them down then hit by ds.

    7.the absurd things you can do as survivor can be stopped by slugging other than locker plays but hey that's just the optimal play style.

  • @MigrantTheGreat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1476338#Comment_1476338

    Though I'm pretty sure you've already seen this video!

    As you can see I already have 2 other survivor's hooked, and Jane was unhooked 2 chases and hooks ago but I got punished for capitalizing on Feng's and Yui's mistakes in their chases, and me avoiding Yui is proof enough that I had no intentions on not tunneling. Despite it being early game, this is still one of the problems that have with DS. Being punished for playing fairly and not tunneling!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhke0kH3gD0

    Isn't this the video where Peanits also said you made mistakes, I vague recall the situation not being handled correctly and you're blaming the survivors for having DS rather than your mistake.

    You went for the Jane, who was unhooked recently instead of....

    I remember this situation vaguely, but this wasn't their fault, it was your poor planning.

  • @Kees_T said:

    Devs: nerf ruin because it was overused in most games and survivors had problems with basic game mechanic such as skill checks.

    While Adrenaline, Dead Hard, Decisive Strike and Borrowed Time are the most used perks in all regions and matches. They nerfed ruin for being used in 80% of the games, also because "gives too much value for low effort", the same can be said about meta perks survivors, Adrenaline yes requires 5 gens, but you can just run around the map and get the effect without needing to touch a gen, Dead Hard gives you a SECOND CHANCE, if the Killer do a good move with his skills you can just tap a button and say ######### YOU to him(I play Huntress always with exhaustion add-ons, survivors can dodge my hatchets just with a button, where's the skill in that?), anyway, you got the idea, it goes in the same way for every perk.

    They could just buff old perks to give them a little space in the meta, cuz its always the same for Killers: BBQ, Pop, Sloppy, STBFL, Nurse's, and for survivors, Dead Hard, Adrenaline, Borrow, Decisive, Lithe, Spine Chill, Iron Will. It's always the same perks, it's boring.

    Nah they reworked it because it was too powerful against new players without requiring any work from the killer and useless against experienced player because they dont miss great skill check. Note that they increased gen time and literally killed toolbox for compensation. Ruin is still very good on some killer but it's no longer a crutch where you can use and forget and stomp rank 15 all day.

  • Because if DS gets nerfed you will see more survivors losing their rank.

    I just want a tweak to it, nothing else, I think DS could be great if "survivor actually being tunneled they keep DS forever but if you do an action like healing/doing a gen then it gets removed" because the fact that they are doing objectives means that they are already prepared to continue the match.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    lol because 70% of killers are bad.

    How hard is it to play more aware? If there's an obsession, you have to change your play style.

    It doesn't need a nerf,

    1. No one forces you to go for the unhooked survivor.
    2. No one forces you to open that locker.
    3. No one forces you to pick up the unhooked survivor.

    Believe it or not, there are 4 survivors on the trial, and those big glowy Red generators in the distance are their objective.

    Go patrol.

    It does need a nerf, it needs limitations so survivors can't do what they want if they want to be protected.

  • @snozer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475791#Comment_1475791

    It does need a nerf, it needs limitations so survivors can't do what they want if they want to be protected.

    It does have limitations.

    It can't be used unless you're hooked. It has a 60 second timer. It's a 1 time use perk.

  • @SCP_FOR_DBD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475834#Comment_1475834

    Mate, 30 is a common sample size for how the population feels about something with 3 variables, I gave you a sample size of over 60. Your ignoring statistics.

    Professional analyst here, a random sample isn't statistics, your sample have to have votes from specific persons, not just some random people in a forum sometimes killer biaised.

    Your poll would be more representative if you had equal part of survivor mains, killers mains and vers players as voters. Your results are just crude lies.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1476702#Comment_1476702

    It does have limitations.

    It can't be used unless you're hooked. It has a 60 second timer. It's a 1 time use perk.

    That isn't a limitation. That is just the activation like noed needing the gens done.

    it may be a one time use perk, but that ONE use is so strong that it can change the entire outcome of the game. That ONE use is so strong that is forces killers to change how they play and what they do.

    What killer perk does this to survivors that they can't simply remove?

    Anti momentum is bad when that is all the killer has going for them. For a killer to even get momentum, the survivors had to do something really really stupid.


    I use ds

    There have been so many occasions where the killer found me on a gen or changed to me during a chase because the survivor ran to me, and i just ds off his shoulder and he goes from 3 gens left to 1 gen or none.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    lol because 70% of killers are bad.

    How hard is it to play more aware? If there's an obsession, you have to change your play style.

    It doesn't need a nerf,

    1. No one forces you to go for the unhooked survivor.
    2. No one forces you to open that locker.
    3. No one forces you to pick up the unhooked survivor.

    Believe it or not, there are 4 survivors on the trial, and those big glowy Red generators in the distance are their objective.

    Go patrol.

    I 100% agree with you there my only real problem with ds is when a survivor gets unhooked and instantly gets on a gen next to me

  • @Veeramid said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475791#Comment_1475791

    I 100% agree with you there my only real problem with ds is when a survivor gets unhooked and instantly gets on a gen next to me

    Why are they next to you? =]

  • Usually its the end of the game and there's a gen near the hook because I play ghost face and go for grabs. Also I disconnect from chases a lot as ghostface so I can keep pressure and ds surprises me. But eh ds is ds and I'm not gonna run noed and ruin the survivors fun.

  • The majority of people clamoring for a DS nerf have to be new players (relatively). Clearly you don’t know or realize what DS was like pre-nerf, along with instaheals. Same people who complain about dead hard, a near 4 year old unchanged perk (first it was sprint burst, than balanced, now dead hard) - guess you don’t remember what it was like versing old DS, Instaheals and sprint burst that recharged while running 😂


    yet people still 4k back then. Quit whining. Or should survivors post polls about nerfing pop, stbfl, pwyf, etc?

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475816#Comment_1475816

    If you can't hook them for a full minute you're doing it wrong.

    Why are you punishing this survivor that was recently unhooked for YOUR greed?

    That's my question, you're going for the unhooked survivor and expecting an easy hook, why aren't you going for someone else?

    See my issue here? Your complaining about not being able to hook this survivor with DS, why are you going for this survivor instead of the other 3? You wouldn't be complaining if you weren't tunneling, you wouldn't be complaining if you weren't camping.

    You wouldn't be complaining if you simple just went for another survivor instead of literally, the one you're now waiting 60 seconds to hook.

    You're blaming their perk for your mistakes.

    In most high rank games you just need to get rid of someone very fast or else you loose the game 100%.

    DS is always abused in many ways, it grants you 60 second immortality with 0 drawback.

    As proposed before by some other people DS should be deactivated after you jump on a gen, or get fully healed (50% heal if you have medkit, 70% heal if you have selfcare), or if you heal yourself to 30% by selfcare, or if you have been at least 32 meters away from the killer for 20-30 seconds.

  • @PleassBuiltInNoed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475829#Comment_1475829

    In most high rank games you just need to get rid of someone very fast or else you loose the game 100%.

    DS is always abused in many ways, it grants you 60 second immortality with 0 drawback.

    As proposed before by some other people DS should be deactivated after you jump on a gen, or get fully healed (50% heal if you have medkit, 70% heal if you have selfcare), or if you heal yourself to 30% by selfcare, or if you have been at least 32 meters away from the killer for 20-30 seconds.

    Yer still free to slug the potential DS user negating him several seconds and wasting another survivor time if he don't have unbreakable.

  • It’s not 60 seconds of immortality. I’m not sure why people keeping saying this. If you don’t understand why that sounds silly, you need to watch someone better than you play killer.


    survivors goal is to survive, not just die to killers as easily as possible. Anytime I’ve been in a game with no obsession, people are just tunneled into the ground.

  • @EuphoricBliss35 said:

    It’s not 60 seconds of immortality. I’m not sure why people keeping saying this. If you don’t understand why that sounds silly, you need to watch someone better than you play killer.

    survivors goal is to survive, not just die to killers as easily as possible. Anytime I’ve been in a game with no obsession, people are just tunneled into the ground.

    Nobody is asking for it to not be anti tunnel or removed. We want it turned off if you start to progress your goal (gens) or are clearly not being chased and heal yourself (others can heal you)

  • @EuphoricBliss35 said:

    It’s not 60 seconds of immortality. I’m not sure why people keeping saying this. If you don’t understand why that sounds silly, you need to watch someone better than you play killer.

    survivors goal is to survive, not just die to killers as easily as possible. Anytime I’ve been in a game with no obsession, people are just tunneled into the ground.

    so can you pick up the survivor without them freely escaping in these 60 seconds? no

    im rank 1 killer

  • @Veen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1476744#Comment_1476744

    Yer still free to slug the potential DS user negating him several seconds and wasting another survivor time if he don't have unbreakable.

    like 50% of the players that use ds in my games have unbreakable and when i try to slug i always slug those players...lmao

  • @PleassBuiltInNoed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1476755#Comment_1476755

    so can you pick up the survivor without them freely escaping in these 60 seconds? no

    im rank 1 killer

    do people still cite “rank” in 2020 like that means something?


    not being able to pick up a survivor doesn’t mean immortality. It means, “if I pick up the survivor, I’m stunned for a couple of seconds potentially.” Aren’t there usually 4 survivors in a match? Crazy, I don’t find perks to be much of an issue. Sometimes, I just get outplayed. gasp I know that never happens to anyone on here though

  • DS is only useful in the end game. Eat DS when survivors still got 5-3 gens left to repair. Next time u find and hook them their only "get away card" will be their team8 borrow time.... if they even have it lmao

  • So your arguments for nerfing it are the following:

    1.Everyone is talking about it in a killer sided forum, duh.

    2.You made a pool in a killer sided forum where 64 killer mains voted to nerf it.

    3.It's used a lot, which is easily explained by the fact that except like 7 perks all the other survivor perks are hot garbage or way way way too situational.

    It doesn't need a nerf, what needs to happen is you killer mains stop crying about every single perk or item or strat that requires you to even slightly alter your playstyle.

  • @PleassBuiltInNoed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475829#Comment_1475829

    In most high rank games you just need to get rid of someone very fast or else you loose the game 100%.

    DS is always abused in many ways, it grants you 60 second immortality with 0 drawback.

    As proposed before by some other people DS should be deactivated after you jump on a gen, or get fully healed (50% heal if you have medkit, 70% heal if you have selfcare), or if you heal yourself to 30% by selfcare, or if you have been at least 32 meters away from the killer for 20-30 seconds.

    Those proposals are literally just ######### dumb.

    Not calling the players who made it up dumb, but the proposals. Just. #########. Stupid.

  • @EuphoricBliss35 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1476762#Comment_1476762

    do people still cite “rank” in 2020 like that means something?

    not being able to pick up a survivor doesn’t mean immortality. It means, “if I pick up the survivor, I’m stunned for a couple of seconds potentially.” Aren’t there usually 4 survivors in a match? Crazy, I don’t find perks to be much of an issue. Sometimes, I just get outplayed. gasp I know that never happens to anyone on here though

    which is basically immortality, you dont have mori or pyramid head every game lmao

    and i never do tunnel the unhooked person, i always get dsed after i hook someone else and then run into that guy again randomly or he literary just follows you because he knows you cant do ######### to him, at that point you only can slug but then again -> unbreakable so what the ######### am i supposed to do when im being punished for not tunneling

  • In my honest opinion some of you need to look at the way you play..

    I hated old DS. Absolutely hated it. Hands down the worst and dumbest perk I’ve ever seen in a videogame.

    Meanwhile I play around new DS just fine. I rarely ever get hit by new DS. If I feel a survivor may have it and they run into me then I leave them on the ground. Sure they can use unbreakable but then thats another meta perk they need to drop for that combo.

    The game is constantly putting me with noobs as survivor. You know what really sucks? Seeing the killer hard tunnel one survivor out of the game in record time. 4 gens to go and 1 survivor dead yeah what fun. As soon as the survivor is down they’re hit and hooked. Once the killer knows you dont have DS they’ll do it again.

    You see most killers try to tunnel anyway. They’re willing to eat the DS to hard tunnel one survivor. Its this that makes me think all these complaints about DS are people bringing it on themselves. Know what else is funny? These killers in postgame chat seem oblivious to the fact that they tunneled but to me watching the action is was extremely obvious.

    DS isn’t perfect no and yes there are times it can feel unfair nobody is denying that but for me if you’re getting hit by it game after game after game then you need to reflect on how you’re playing because it doesn’t happen to me.

    If I had to have any survivor perks changed it would be adrenaline which encourages killers to bring NOED for the adrenaline swf groups, or exhaustion perks as I have no doubt in my mind that these are contributing towards the boosted players in red ranks. I see so many exhaustion perks carry mediocre players, helping them last far longer in chases than they would be able to last without them.

  • @snozer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475791#Comment_1475791

    It does need a nerf, it needs limitations so survivors can't do what they want if they want to be protected.

    NOED needs a nerfs too then. All the crappy campers and tunnelers take this and it encourages their awful playstyle because they know they’re getting a huge crutch at the end.

    It enables them to chase 1 survivor for 5 gens because they know they might be able to get a few more in the endgame.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1476843#Comment_1476843

    You do realize NOED can only realistically secure 1 kill, its on the survivors to not troll, they can easily split up open one of two gates and escape.

    1 kill for 1 perk. Sounds powerful.

    Meanwhile lets complain about a 5 second stun which is easy to play around.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    In my honest opinion some of you need to look at the way you play..

    I hated old DS. Absolutely hated it. Hands down the worst and dumbest perk I’ve ever seen in a videogame.

    Meanwhile I play around new DS just fine. I rarely ever get hit by new DS. If I feel a survivor may have it and they run into me then I leave them on the ground. Sure they can use unbreakable but then thats another meta perk they need to drop for that combo.

    The game is constantly putting me with noobs as survivor. You know what really sucks? Seeing the killer hard tunnel one survivor out of the game in record time. 4 gens to go and 1 survivor dead yeah what fun. As soon as the survivor is down they’re hit and hooked. Once the killer knows you dont have DS they’ll do it again.

    You see most killers try to tunnel anyway. They’re willing to eat the DS to hard tunnel one survivor. Its this that makes me think all these complaints about DS are people bringing it on themselves. Know what else is funny? These killers in postgame chat seem oblivious to the fact that they tunneled but to me watching the action is was extremely obvious.

    DS isn’t perfect no and yes there are times it can feel unfair nobody is denying that but for me if you’re getting hit by it game after game after game then you need to reflect on how you’re playing because it doesn’t happen to me.

    If I had to have any survivor perks changed it would be adrenaline which encourages killers to bring NOED for the adrenaline swf groups, or exhaustion perks as I have no doubt in my mind that these are contributing towards the boosted players in red ranks. I see so many exhaustion perks carry mediocre players, helping them last far longer in chases than they would be able to last without them.

    Again, nobody is asking to remove it as an anti tunnel perk. It prevents a killer from completing their objective, and so it should prevent a survivor from doing theirs, if they want the full 60 seconds.

    You are not being tunnelled if you are working on a gen

    You are not being tunnelled if you are in a corner healing yourself.

  • @snozer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1476838#Comment_1476838

    Again, nobody is asking to remove it as an anti tunnel perk. It prevents a killer from completing their objective, and so it should prevent a survivor from doing theirs, if they want the full 60 seconds.

    You are not being tunnelled if you are working on a gen

    You are not being tunnelled if you are in a corner healing yourself.

    Top one under most circumstances is true. Bottom one is not true. You could be unhooked, run to what appears to be a safe area to heal but the killer is looking all around to tunnel you down. Hell if you jump in a locker and heal with inner strength you could still have some Ghostface playing chump searching high and low for the tunnel.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @MigrantTheGreat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1476338#Comment_1476338

    Though I'm pretty sure you've already seen this video!

    As you can see I already have 2 other survivor's hooked, and Jane was unhooked 2 chases and hooks ago but I got punished for capitalizing on Feng's and Yui's mistakes in their chases, and me avoiding Yui is proof enough that I had no intentions on not tunneling. Despite it being early game, this is still one of the problems that have with DS. Being punished for playing fairly and not tunneling!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhke0kH3gD0

    Why did the oni grab the jane?

    He could perfectly do a swing so the game doesn't grab jane and it would basically be a hook trade, and he let jane go, like #########.... My impression of this video is that the Oni wanted to eat the DS on purpose to try to show that it is "OP"

    He could easily slug jane, and hit yui and feng so they have to mend = free pressure.

  • @Veen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475838#Comment_1475838

    Professional analyst here, a random sample isn't statistics, your sample have to have votes from specific persons, not just some random people in a forum sometimes killer biaised.

    Your poll would be more representative if you had equal part of survivor mains, killers mains and vers players as voters. Your results are just crude lies.

    Ive already explained I was drunk and apologized for it, what more do you want from me?

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1476542#Comment_1476542

    Isn't this the video where Peanits also said you made mistakes, I vague recall the situation not being handled correctly and you're blaming the survivors for having DS rather than your mistake.

    You went for the Jane, who was unhooked recently instead of....

    I remember this situation vaguely, but this wasn't their fault, it was your poor planning.

    I really don't talk to the devs here on the forums simply because I never have anything nice to say to them (besides Not_Queen), and I don't have anything about @Peanits addressing that to me so I tagged him to see what he has to say about it!

    The problem that I'm trying to point is that DS has NO RISK OR DOWNSIDE to it, and all it does is just give survivor's a get out of jail free card! when I hooked Feng (She was hooked before Yui, and what lead to me winning the chase was getting yeeted out of a locker failing to locker juke me) Jane was already healed and on gen (BBQ), what lead to Yui getting hooked was mindgames at 2 different loops!

    Why should Jane have been rewarded with DS and a unhook! What your practically telling me is that even though I played my cards right in my chases and played fairly I should have left Jane tf alone and let her get the 2 unhooks and let Yui and Feng do gens! Where is the risk in DS? Why is it ok for survivor's to punish and annoy killer's with DS for playing fairly or just simply minding they own damn business?

    I like the idea of DS, I just hate that it's literally a pitiful excuse of a perk to do whatever tf you want with no risk involved!

  • Nerfing the only thing that keeps solo players from suffering some obnoxious tunneling issues seems like a terrible idea.

    And as many others have posted before, it's just a 5 second stun within 60 seconds after being unhooked, for the most part I've seen killers deserving to get the stun due to being toxic or just playing badly overall.

    Sure it can use some changes like many other perks since the meta is not gonna change just yet, but I wouldn't touch it as everything is right now, besides, once used you're out with 3 perks.

  • @PleassBuiltInNoed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1476747#Comment_1476747

    like 50% of the players that use ds in my games have unbreakable and when i try to slug i always slug those players...lmao

    They can only use Unbreakable once.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1476843#Comment_1476843

    You do realize NOED can only realistically secure 1 kill, its on the survivors to not troll, they can easily split up open one of two gates and escape.

    Unless the gate spawns are ######### and they're right along the same wall/practically right next to each other.

  • Why? It's actually really simple

    1 - DS is very effective and does exactly what it's supposed to do against bad killers who go out of their way to tunnel.

    2 - It has a very frustrating effect on good killers who are very effective and skilled and down survivors at above average times

    Evidently sitting on a gen for 30 seconds after you're unhooked, getting downed and picked up after the killer already hooked someone else means that DS should still be active. And while everything tells us that it shouldn't, the devs want to pretend like they have no idea and didn't totally design the perk to be anti-tunnel, so by saying "We don't intend for it to be exactly used the way it totally is" they can forgo any need to balance it.

    Unfortunately

  • and thats enough even for one player to have it and it will ruin your momentum completely, considering that all gens can be done in 5 minutes...just lmao

  • I personally like Scott Jund's rework to ds

    "The timer is now 30 and is paused whenever in chase, and when you start a gen its disabled."

    Id b fine with the timer being like 45 second too, I just think a min is too long, but that just my personal opinion

  • I really wouldn't be bothered about ds being disabled once you touch a gen or a totem. I think the timer shouldn't be a minute because as a survivor main, you could get a gen done if it's been worked on or nearly done since it's literally 60 seconds of killer repellent but they could just slug you instead of grabbing you. I've had multiple situations where the killer would just ignore me or slug me since they didn't want to eat my ds and other times where i've gotten gens popped because the killer didn't want to bother with eating the ds

  • I think it'll be reworked eventually. I've seen Peanits mention ideas.

    IMO something similar to DS or BT should really be built into the base kit, but not as strong as DS is currently. Getting unhooked and then put right back on the hook shouldn't be a thing, but neither should getting unhooked and then running into the face of a killer because you know you're invincible for 60 seconds. Make generators take longer to complete, if necessary.

  • DS is fine. If someone unhooked any survivor, go after the healthy survivor, not the injuried one. If you go after the injuried survivor, you will get stunned by DS. Don't tunnel him. If the survivor jumped into a locker, don't open and go chase another survivor, or open the locker and get 5 sec stunned. Do you prefer wait 60 sec or 5 sec?

  • BHVR don't do fair, otherwise keys and moris wouldn't do what they do.

    Survivors have the best perk in the game DS

    Survivors also have the worse perk in the game No Mither

    BHVR have made in-roads with maps and DCing (hold that thought)

    Putting gameplay through an overloaded/laggy server is crazy, everything else yes but gameplay?

    They also still need to tackle SWFs with the huge unfair balancing issues they bring but you hear them further fall down the route of buffing perks for solo survivors (& SWFs) to make super heros of survivors.

    Why can't they adapt around the formula that works (whilst buffing and nerfing killers,perks and addons to keep things interesting)?

1 2 3 ›