Why Hasn't DS Been Nerfed?

Everyone is talking about it, it is in almost every single match. I made a poll about it, at this time 70% of the votes are for it to be nerfed. Why is this taking so long?

Comments

  • Cause it doesn't need one.

    @BigBrainMegMain we need you here!

  • @Khakuate said:

    Cause it doesn't need one.

    @BigBrainMegMain we need you here!

    Then why was 70% of the votes for it to be nerfed? Why is it constantly being talked about in the context of being too powerful?

  • If by nerf you mean exploit/abused fixes then I's agree with it needing a nerf.

    As for why its not given one is because survivor would complain too much if they can't abuse the perk.

    Trust me people complain about tunneling while forcing you to grab them out of lockers with DS as I had that happen with a survivor next to a 90% done gen so i had to eat the DS and down them so they'd wouldn't finish the last gen.

  • lol because 70% of killers are bad.

    How hard is it to play more aware? If there's an obsession, you have to change your play style.

    It doesn't need a nerf,

    1. No one forces you to go for the unhooked survivor.
    2. No one forces you to open that locker.
    3. No one forces you to pick up the unhooked survivor.

    Believe it or not, there are 4 survivors on the trial, and those big glowy Red generators in the distance are their objective.

    Go patrol.

  • @Warcrafter4 said:

    If by nerf you mean exploit/abused fixes then I's agree with it needing a nerf.

    As for why its not given one is because survivor would complain too much if they can't abuse the perk.

    Trust me people complain about tunneling while forcing you to grab them out of lockers with DS as I had that happen with a survivor next to a 90% done gen so i had to eat the DS and down them so they'd wouldn't finish the last gen.

    I do, it works well as an anti-tunnel perk, but is super good at being abused.

  • Maybe for a few reasons:

    1. Tunnellers
    2. Campers
    3. Tunnellers
    4. Campers

    To name just a few lol

  • @SCP_FOR_DBD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475782#Comment_1475782

    Then why was 70% of the votes for it to be nerfed? Why is it constantly being talked about in the context of being too powerful?

    Forums are not even 30% of the DBD community and only 64 people voted! That's not even 2% OF THE DBD community, ######### man.

    image.png


  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    lol because 70% of killers are bad.

    How hard is it to play more aware? If there's an obsession, you have to change your play style.

    It doesn't need a nerf,

    1. No one forces you to go for the unhooked survivor.
    2. No one forces you to open that locker.
    3. No one forces you to pick up the unhooked survivor.

    Believe it or not, there are 4 survivors on the trial, and those big glowy Red generators in the distance are their objective.

    Go patrol.

    Ignoring body blocking and the ways it can be abused. What if that survivor gets off the hook and immediately goes on a gen? Or starts slf caring right in your face. Your dismissal of the vast majority is pretty stupid.

  • @SCP_FOR_DBD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475791#Comment_1475791

    Ignoring body blocking and the ways it can be abused. What if that survivor gets off the hook and immediately goes on a gen? Or starts slf caring right in your face. Your dismissal of the vast majority is pretty stupid.

    If he repairs a gen in your face then dont swing do a lunge so the game doesn't grab him.

    Is it really hard to slug? Killers like to slug left and right, but when you ask them to slug the DS user, it's like they're unable to! 😂

  • @Khakuate said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475786#Comment_1475786

    Forums are not even 30% of the DBD community and only 64 people voted! That's not even 2% OF THE DBD community, ######### man.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/CI2O3NXMOX43/image.png

    That is a sample size of over 50, the recommended sample size is 30 for something with three variables.

  • @SCP_FOR_DBD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475791#Comment_1475791

    Ignoring body blocking and the ways it can be abused. What if that survivor gets off the hook and immediately goes on a gen? Or starts slf caring right in your face. Your dismissal of the vast majority is pretty stupid.

    Then you lunge from a distance and slug them. Have you not done that, I've baited killers with DS on a generator and they've lunged instead of grabbed me off the generator. Leave them, and if they immediately get off a hook, why aren't you going for the unhooker.

    There's an obsession, you know damn well that unhooked survivor is baiting you. Don't fall for it, leave them slugged and go for the unhooker.

    And please, don't give me the "BUT THEY HAVE UNBREAKABLE" because I'd Love to see your personal proof of that situation.

  • @SCP_FOR_DBD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475798#Comment_1475798

    That is a sample size of over 50, the recommended sample size is 30 for something with three variables.

    Dude that's only 64 people, that's nothing!!! currently there's 34k people playing DBD on PC, now add console to the playerbase....

    image.png


  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475799#Comment_1475799

    Then you lunge from a distance and slug them. Have you not done that, I've baited killers with DS on a generator and they've lunged instead of grabbed me off the generator. Leave them, and if they immediately get off a hook, why aren't you going for the unhooker.

    There's an obsession, you know damn well that unhooked survivor is baiting you. Don't fall for it, leave them slugged and go for the unhooker.

    And please, don't give me the "BUT THEY HAVE UNBREAKABLE" because I'd Love to see your personal proof of that situation.

    And what exactly is the problem with the response of unbreakable? And I can't hook them for a full minute, that means I either A. Leave them to go play the game, in which case they are likely to get healed or use unbreakable, or B. Keep close to them and do nothing, I don't think I need to explain why thats not happening. And that does not necessarily mean the other people don't have DS. If someone is running OoO how do I know if they or anyone else has DS?

  • It has been nerfed tho

  • @Khakuate said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475806#Comment_1475806

    Dude that's only 64 people, that's nothing!!! currently there's 34k people playing DBD on PC, now add console to the playerbase....

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/786B4J33I6RF/image.png

    That is not an answer to my rebuttal, There are 7.8 billion people in the world, why is 100 a common sample size?

  • @Squirrel_Thicc said:

    It has been nerfed tho

    Not enough, otherwise people wouldn't want it nerfed.

  • @SCP_FOR_DBD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475807#Comment_1475807

    And what exactly is the problem with the response of unbreakable? And I can't hook them for a full minute, that means I either A. Leave them to go play the game, in which case they are likely to get healed or use unbreakable, or B. Keep close to them and do nothing, I don't think I need to explain why thats not happening. And that does not necessarily mean the other people don't have DS. If someone is running OoO how do I know if they or anyone else has DS?

    If you can't hook them for a full minute you're doing it wrong.

    Why are you punishing this survivor that was recently unhooked for YOUR greed?

    That's my question, you're going for the unhooked survivor and expecting an easy hook, why aren't you going for someone else?

    See my issue here? Your complaining about not being able to hook this survivor with DS, why are you going for this survivor instead of the other 3? You wouldn't be complaining if you weren't tunneling, you wouldn't be complaining if you weren't camping.

    You wouldn't be complaining if you simply just went for another survivor instead of literally, the one you're now waiting 60 seconds to hook.

    You're blaming their perk for your mistakes.

  • @SCP_FOR_DBD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475807#Comment_1475807

    And what exactly is the problem with the response of unbreakable? And I can't hook them for a full minute, that means I either A. Leave them to go play the game, in which case they are likely to get healed or use unbreakable, or B. Keep close to them and do nothing, I don't think I need to explain why thats not happening. And that does not necessarily mean the other people don't have DS. If someone is running OoO how do I know if they or anyone else has DS?

    If they're slugged they're not on a gen, if they don't have Unbreakable a teammate has to get off a gen to come save them. That's potentially two people not doing gens. If you find and chase a third survivor that's 3 people not doing gens. Don't see a problem here. Or just slug all of them. Can't use DS if they haven't been hooked. If they Unbreakable slug em again, unbreakble gone.

  • @Squirrel_Thicc said:

    It has been nerfed tho

    Extremely Arguable due to it possibly being seen as a buff.

    You can no longer dribble DS and its now instant rather then being delayed if you weren't the obsession.

    In the past if the killer downed/grabbed you right next to a hook then you couldn't DS them unlike now.

    Its overall less powerful for the obsession its FAR more powerful for the rest of the team.

  • @SCP_FOR_DBD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475811#Comment_1475811

    That is not an answer to my rebuttal, There are 7.8 billion people in the world, why is 100 a common sample size?

    So don't act as if the majority of the DBD community wants DS nerfed, when you have a considerable amount of people we could have a better discussion, but 64 people? you're just baiting at this point.

    "Everyone is talking about it, it is in almost every single match. I made a poll about it, at this time 70% of the votes are for it to be nerfed."

    Kekw "everyone" 😂

    image.png


  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475816#Comment_1475816

    If you can't hook them for a full minute you're doing it wrong.

    Why are you punishing this survivor that was recently unhooked for YOUR greed?

    That's my question, you're going for the unhooked survivor and expecting an easy hook, why aren't you going for someone else?

    See my issue here? Your complaining about not being able to hook this survivor with DS, why are you going for this survivor instead of the other 3? You wouldn't be complaining if you weren't tunneling, you wouldn't be complaining if you weren't camping.

    You wouldn't be complaining if you simple just went for another survivor instead of literally, the one you're now waiting 60 seconds to hook.

    You're blaming their perk for your mistakes.

    You don't see what I'm talking about. If a survivor gets unhooked and starts doing a gen, I have to stop them, when I play a killer that is my job. They have DS, meaning I can't hook them for however long they have on the timer. And since I'm not sitting there waiting for the timer to go off they are free to get up by healing or unbreakable.

  • @SCP_FOR_DBD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475829#Comment_1475829

    You don't see what I'm talking about. If a survivor gets unhooked and starts doing a gen, I have to stop them, when I play a killer that is my job. They have DS, meaning I can't hook them for however long they have on the timer. And since I'm not sitting there waiting for the timer to go off they are free to get up by healing or unbreakable.

    @RoMainPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475816#Comment_1475816

    If they're slugged they're not on a gen, if they don't have Unbreakable a teammate has to get off a gen to come save them. That's potentially two people not doing gens. If you find and chase a third survivor that's 3 people not doing gens. Don't see a problem here. Or just slug all of them. Can't use DS if they haven't been hooked. If they Unbreakable slug em again, unbreakble gone.

    This is a perfect response to your paranoia.

  • @Khakuate said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475821#Comment_1475821

    So don't act as if the majority of the DBD community wants DS nerfed, when you have a considerable amount of people we could have a better discussion, but 64 people? you're just baiting at this point.

    "Everyone is talking about it, it is in almost every single match. I made a poll about it, at this time 70% of the votes are for it to be nerfed."

    Kekw "everyone" 😂

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/DWV3S8JODKYU/image.png

    Mate, 30 is a common sample size for how the population feels about something with 3 variables, I gave you a sample size of over 60. Your ignoring statistics.

  • That ability should be disabled when you touch a gen.

  • @Khakuate said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475821#Comment_1475821

    So don't act as if the majority of the DBD community wants DS nerfed, when you have a considerable amount of people we could have a better discussion, but 64 people? you're just baiting at this point.

    "Everyone is talking about it, it is in almost every single match. I made a poll about it, at this time 70% of the votes are for it to be nerfed."

    Kekw "everyone" 😂

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/DWV3S8JODKYU/image.png

    And clown jokes, real mature. You couldn't make it 5 posts without resorting to insults.

  • @RoMainPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475816#Comment_1475816

    If they're slugged they're not on a gen, if they don't have Unbreakable a teammate has to get off a gen to come save them. That's potentially two people not doing gens. If you find and chase a third survivor that's 3 people not doing gens. Don't see a problem here. Or just slug all of them. Can't use DS if they haven't been hooked. If they Unbreakable slug em again, unbreakble gone.

    And that is also me losing a hook, which is the fastest way to kill someone and get map pressure. Along with forcing people off objectives.

  • @RoMainPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475816#Comment_1475816

    If they're slugged they're not on a gen, if they don't have Unbreakable a teammate has to get off a gen to come save them. That's potentially two people not doing gens. If you find and chase a third survivor that's 3 people not doing gens. Don't see a problem here. Or just slug all of them. Can't use DS if they haven't been hooked. If they Unbreakable slug em again, unbreakble gone.

    Some killers like to slug left and right, but they're unable to slug the ds user for some reason smh 😂

  • @Maperson said:

    They should just disable it when survivor is doing gen, healing etc.. Bcs you are not in the chase anymore, otherwise it's fine

    @ Antares2332 said:

    That ability should be disabled when you touch a gen.

    This^

  • @SCP_FOR_DBD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475834#Comment_1475834

    And clown jokes, real mature. You couldn't make it 5 posts without resorting to insults.

    Oh look! a special snowflake...

    @SCP_FOR_DBD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475834#Comment_1475834

    Mate, 30 is a common sample size for how the population feels about something with 3 variables, I gave you a sample size of over 60. Your ignoring statistics.

    The population? as I said before there's currently 34k people playing DBD, 45 people saying DS should be nerfed doesn't mean anything, you can't make everyone happy.

    Using that logic should freddy, spirit and every other killer be nerfed too only because 70 people say they're op? NO.

    Get a considerable number and we can discuss, this is just a bait thread.

  • @SCP_FOR_DBD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475830#Comment_1475830

    And that is also me losing a hook, which is the fastest way to kill someone and get map pressure. Along with forcing people off objectives.

    Slugging is also pressure, sometimes you have to slug over hooking as sometimes hooking loses you pressure. OhTofu says it himself. Slugging also forces people off objectives. Someone has to save them, someone has to get off a gen to do that. That's 2 people not doing gens. Especially if you've managed to slug them far from other survivors, that means they have to traverse the map to heal the slug, wasting even more of their time. If they use Unbreakable that means they no longer have Unbreakable, which is a good thing. Either way they're still not doing a gen or self caring in your face.

  • @SCP_FOR_DBD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475834#Comment_1475834

    Mate, 30 is a common sample size for how the population feels about something with 3 variables, I gave you a sample size of over 60. Your ignoring statistics.

    No demographics. I could survey 200 campers and they would probably unanimously agree that BT is too strong. Survey 1000 tunnelers and they would agree DS needs to be deleted. There is currently no anti-tunnel perk, DS can help with being tunneled ONCE but not much else. Tunneling is a Survivor problem, yet every complaint is about making tunneling even easier (and it's already easy and effective) and exclusively from The Killer's perspective.

  • Name me 1 killer perk that disables when you do your objective?

    And what about We'll Make It? The heal takes 5 seconds.

    Inner Strength? DS should be disabled because you jumped in the locker even when the killer is looking for you?

    What about Second Wind? Should DS be disabled for an automatic heal perk like Second Wind?

    What about an Insta-Heal during a chase after you were unhooked? Should DS go away because you're still being tunneled but you managed to pull off an insta-heal?

    These scenarios are a desperate attempt at the poor killer base trying to justify their unsportsmanlike actions.

  • @Khakuate said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475841#Comment_1475841

    Oh look! a special snowflake...

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475838#Comment_1475838

    The population? as I said before there's currently 34k people playing DBD, 45 people saying DS should be nerfed doesn't mean anything, you can't make everyone happy.

    Using that logic should freddy, spirit and every other killer be nerfed too only because 70 people say they're op? NO.

    Get a considerable number and we can discuss, this is just a bait thread.

    Mate, do you know how statistics work? Look it up if you don't believe me. As for the clown comment, the fact you have to resort to insults instead of stating a proper point is honestly disappointing.

  • @Nicholas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475838#Comment_1475838

    No demographics. I could survey 200 campers and they would probably unanimously agree that BT is too strong. Survey 1000 tunnelers and they would agree DS needs to be deleted. There is currently no anti-tunnel perk, DS can help with being tunneled ONCE but not much else. Tunneling is a Survivor problem, yet every complaint is about making tunneling even easier (and it's already easy and effective) and exclusively from The Killer's perspective.

    Pretty much this, I defend DS a lot cause when I get DS off my build, basically that's a big neon sign above my survivor head saying "tunnel me"

    Sorry killers, but I dont want to be gone in less than 5 min.

  • @Nicholas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475838#Comment_1475838

    No demographics. I could survey 200 campers and they would probably unanimously agree that BT is too strong. Survey 1000 tunnelers and they would agree DS needs to be deleted. There is currently no anti-tunnel perk, DS can help with being tunneled ONCE but not much else. Tunneling is a Survivor problem, yet every complaint is about making tunneling even easier (and it's already easy and effective) and exclusively from The Killer's perspective.

    What you fail to realize is that those weren't just killer mains, it was anyone on the forum.

  • @Nicholas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475838#Comment_1475838

    No demographics. I could survey 200 campers and they would probably unanimously agree that BT is too strong. Survey 1000 tunnelers and they would agree DS needs to be deleted. There is currently no anti-tunnel perk, DS can help with being tunneled ONCE but not much else. Tunneling is a Survivor problem, yet every complaint is about making tunneling even easier (and it's already easy and effective) and exclusively from The Killer's perspective.

    Great response.

  • @SCP_FOR_DBD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475857#Comment_1475857

    What you fail to realize is that those weren't just killer mains, it was anyone on the forum.

    I never said it was skewed or all killer mains, I was making the point that a survey even with lots of respondents doesn't necessarily mean it represents anything.

  • @Khakuate said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475857#Comment_1475857

    Pretty much this, I defend DS a lot cause when I get DS off my build, basically that's a big neon sign above my survivor head saying "tunnel me"

    Sorry killers, but I dont want to be gone in less than 5 min.

    The problem with DS isn't that its anti tunnel, lord knows we need a way to deal with them. The problem is that it can be abused.

  • @SCP_FOR_DBD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475852#Comment_1475852

    Mate, do you know how statistics work? Look it up if you don't believe me. As for the clown comment, the fact you have to resort to insults instead of stating a proper point is honestly disappointing.

    I perfectly know how they work, but dont try to get a perk nerfed only because 45 people are upset about it. Dont act like if everyone wants it nerfed and dont say "Everyone" cause that's just flat out wrong.

    And I think @Nicholas got this pretty clear

  • @RoMainPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475848#Comment_1475848

    Slugging is also pressure, sometimes you have to slug over hooking as sometimes hooking loses you pressure. OhTofu says it himself. Slugging also forces people off objectives. Someone has to save them, someone has to get off a gen to do that. That's 2 people not doing gens. Especially if you've managed to slug them far from other survivors, that means they have to traverse the map to heal the slug, wasting even more of their time. If they use Unbreakable that means they no longer have Unbreakable, which is a good thing. Either way they're still not doing a gen or self caring in your face.

    Yes, but it rewards people for making stupid plays. If you start repairing a gen like that you should be given the hardest punish there is.

  • @SCP_FOR_DBD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475782#Comment_1475782

    Then why was 70% of the votes for it to be nerfed? Why is it constantly being talked about in the context of being too powerful?

    Same applies to NOED, it’s always talked about and nerfs are always requested.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475786#Comment_1475786

    Same applies to NOED, it’s always talked about and nerfs are always requested.

    inb4 "do totems" response.

  • @Nicholas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475863#Comment_1475863

    I never said it was skewed or all killer mains, I was making the point that a survey even with lots of respondents doesn't necessarily mean it represents anything.

    But your using it in the context of that. If the results weren't skewed towards anyones favor it is said to be unbiased.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475786#Comment_1475786

    Same applies to NOED, it’s always talked about and nerfs are always requested.

    Sure, NOED also needs a nerf/rework, its annoying as hell to.

  • @SCP_FOR_DBD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475862#Comment_1475862

    The problem with DS isn't that its anti tunnel, lord knows we need a way to deal with them. The problem is that it can be abused.

    It isn't supposed to be anti tunnel, it has anti tunnel aspects and that's all.

    image.png


  • Deactivate it when working on a gen. That's all.

  • @Khakuate said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475861#Comment_1475861

    I perfectly know how they work, but dont try to get a perk nerfed only because 45 people are upset about it. Dont act like if everyone wants it nerfed and dont say "Everyone" cause that's just flat out wrong.

    And I think @Nicholas got this pretty clear

    Statistics says a sample size like that should be a decent enough indication of the majority. Not perfect, but enough to say over half.

  • So what else is it supposed to do? Because in its current form it rewards people for making stupid plays.

  • @SCP_FOR_DBD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475866#Comment_1475866

    But your using it in the context of that. If the results weren't skewed towards anyones favor it is said to be unbiased.

    You're assuming I am because you think people that favor tunneling and camping are killer mains. That's not what I was saying. I know some Survivor mains that hate both as survivors but actually engage in both while they play as The Killer because of how effective it is. Or as retaliation from them being camped or tunneled so much. You know how bad matches are when no one has DS? The Killer has free reign to insta-tunnel and delete people quickly.

  • @SCP_FOR_DBD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1475868#Comment_1475868

    Statistics says a sample size like that should be a decent enough indication of the majority. Not perfect, but enough to say over half.

    We're talking about a game community my dude, not statistic.

    Does that mean plague should be nerfed too? Me and a lot of other gamers find her anooying cause she doesn't let me use my medkits, is that a indication of plague being op? No.

    Get a decent number of votes and we can talk about it, I repeated this a lot, 64 is nothing considering 34k people are currently playing. It isn't a indication of the "Majority" What if 33,995 think DS is fine?

‹ 1 2 3