This forum is very killer biased.

After using this forum for some time the amount of killer bias here is insane. Any thing that even slightly benefits survivors is looked down upon. I think the main reason for this bias is do to the fact that in the past survivors were op but nowadays they arent that strong.

But because of the effects of 2016-rarly 2018 real survivor problems are ignored and that's not good. If we continue to ignore problems survivors face the player base will decline and the killer wait times will increase and inevitably the game will die.

Killer mains stop looking at survivors as someone out to ruin your game and look st them as a human wanting to have fun playing too.

I'm tired of the us vs them mentality why cant it be just "us." Why can't we look at all the problems as a whole and work to fix them. I ask killer mains and survivor mains alike play the opposite side and get good at it try to understand their struggles.

For you killer mains that say survivor is op go plag solo survivor at rank 1 and ask yourself do you want to play swf or that. For you survivor mains that think killer is op go play wraith on ormond and ask yourself is this even fair.

You guys know moris and keys right? Yeah they are both broken they both need reworks. The point I'm trying to make is that we need to get together and combine the community rather than divide and only then will dbd improve its health.

Edit: went into a post about a survivor complaining about spirits stand still "mindgame" and slinger easy zoning and the majority of replies were from killers telling him off. Cant say I'm seeing the survivor side to this forum.

Comments

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1468464#Comment_1468464

    I hate to be that guy, but I'm about as "killer biased" as you can get and even I have to say, if you're getting "super strong" survivors that often, there's an element of "you need to get good" to this.

    You are reasonable a smart killer main I see. Atleast you can understand they arent common.

  • @Dwinchester said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1468406#Comment_1468406

    7 out of 10 matches I get super strong survivors. People are under the misconception that your don't get them very often, I do.

    That's not true but alright grossly exaggerated tho.

  • The forums are supposed to be a place for discussions but it’s usually back and forth bickering and the “us vs them” mentality. People can’t handle others having different views and start attacking each other.

    I wouldn’t exactly say the forums are “killer biased” as much as I would say people don’t like others having a different view on things in game.

    There are a fair amount of people who are killer and survivor biased, one doesn’t really outweigh the other. Once they start stating their views in certain topics that’s when the back and forth bickering begins.

  • @Dwinchester said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1468406#Comment_1468406

    7 out of 10 matches I get super strong survivors. People are under the misconception that your don't get them very often, I do.

    Maybe you're not as good as you think you are

  • While I see your points on the many posts of SWF wanting to be removed, there are counter points and people saying that no one should be punished for playing with friends.

    There might be threads catering to killers, but there is an equal amount of survivors defending their stance as well.

    And of course you see more killers complaining, they're getting nerfed, SWF hasn't changed, gen speeds haven't changed.

    All survivors do is hold M1, drop a pallet or two and it's gg. Gates are opened. T-bag at gates. And leave.

  • I think it's difficult to see all the neutral and knowledgeable forum members because "aggressive" posts are just more noticeable so it's easy to forget about the rest.

    Personally I play both sides which is why I speak for and against a lot of things which is why I got called killer main AND ALSO survivor main by different forum members. Just ignore overly aggressive people that clearly speak for one side only and focus on those that want to have a friendly chat about things.

    On a side note I personally even suggested a new exhaustion perk named "Determined Prey" a while ago despite having a slight tendency for killer gameplay. Here's the thread:

    @Yamaoka said:

    Description: "getting chased for a set period of time boosts your confidence and your will to survive. Determined to not go down you drop a pallet and use the chance to escape.

    Determined prey activates after a total chase duration of 60/50/40 seconds. Dropping a pallet while Determined Prey is active allows the survivor to sprint at 150% of their running speed for a maximum of 4 seconds.

    Determined Prey can not be used while exhausted. Using Determined Prey causes exhaustion 60/50/40 seconds"

    NOTE: I realize a 4 second 150% sprint is extremely strong. However if you think about it all the other exhaustion perks don't have actual requirements and still grant either immunity (Dead Hard) or a 3 second 150% sprint for doing nothing special.

    Sprint Burst: You just start running. 3 seconds 150% sprint.

    Lithe: Vault pallet or window. 3 seconds 150% sprint.

    Balanced Landing: Fall down somewhere. 3 seconds 150% sprint and no sound while falling.

    "Determined Prey" requires you to actually get chased for a set period of time before you can even try to use it to escape the killer. It rewards strong survivors and still requires a pallet to use once activated. It's basically an exhaustion perk you have to work for.


  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1468464#Comment_1468464

    I hate to be that guy, but I'm about as "killer biased" as you can get and even I have to say, if you're getting "super strong" survivors that often, there's an element of "you need to get good" to this.

    I see survivors with between 1500 and 9000 hours on a regular basis. The average rank I go against is 2.9. I have a 68% kill rate, but a dismal 27% pip rate.

    I try moon walk or mind games, they don't work, I try slugging, they're up in 20 seconds, I try hit and run, healed as far as possible. Body block, sabotage, flashlight squad, coordinated head on are all common. Basically, ridiculously strong survivors and my kill rate is bolstered by those three games where I get potatoes and dominate.

    All I can say is vpn to sao paulo servers and see for yourself. I wish you luck.

  • I mean, I can’t even disagree.. lmao

    I think part of the problem is many of them lack forum decorum. Infact many people do... but I get what you’re saying.

  • @Blueberry said:

    I think you're misusing the word bias. Playing both sides equally and realizing that one side is weaker and needs more help than the other is an analysis, not bias.

    Bias would be if you only played one side and had a skewed perspective because of it.

    The forums are not killer bias. What it is, is that there are many people that play both sides and realize where balancing is needed. You simply disagreeing with that, does not make them bias.

    Also, "but nowadays they arent that strong.".

    Yes, they are. No one is arguing survivors weren't stronger in that past, but that does not mean they aren't still too strong, they are. I play both sides at rank 1 and survivor is still very much the power role and I play almost strictly solo queue.

    Most people already agree both mori's and keys need reworks as well.

    "I'm tired of the us vs them mentality why cant it be just "us."

    This is basically how you started this post, which makes it kind of hypocritical.

    Lol, this forum is NOT full of people that play both sides equally. This was a solid meme post though.

  • @IronWill said:

    Yeah cause its the vocal minority. Most survivors just suck it up and dont run around complaining 24/7 when they lose a game or two (aka die).

    Killers in here are mostly so bad, they never faced the "problems" they complain about themself, instead they saw a video of someone doing some crazy ######### and then come here and want it nerfed just because they WATCHED someone do it...

    This man actually just said that survivors suck it up and don't complain.

    This man ACTUALLY just said that, in public.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @azame said:

    After using this forum for some time the amount of killer bias here is insane. Any thing that even slightly benefits survivors is looked down upon. I think the main reason for this bias is do to the fact that in the past survivors were op but nowadays they arent that strong.

    But because of the effects of 2016-rarly 2018 real survivor problems are ignored and that's not good. If we continue to ignore problems survivors face the player base will decline and the killer wait times will increase and inevitably the game will die.

    Killer mains stop looking at survivors as someone out to ruin your game and look st them as a human wanting to have fun playing too.

    I'm tired of the us vs them mentality why cant it be just "us." Why can't we look at all the problems as a whole and work to fix them. I ask killer mains and survivor mains alike play the opposite side and get good at it try to understand their struggles.

    For you killer mains that say survivor is op go plag solo survivor at rank 1 and ask yourself do you want to play swf or that. For you survivor mains that think killer is op go play wraith on ormond and ask yourself is this even fair.

    You guys know moris and keys right? Yeah they are both broken they both need reworks. The point I'm trying to make is that we need to get together and combine the community rather than divide and only then will dbd improve its health.

    Wraith on Ormond are you taking mt story

  • @azame said:

    After using this forum for some time the amount of killer bias here is insane. Any thing that even slightly benefits survivors is looked down upon. I think the main reason for this bias is do to the fact that in the past survivors were op but nowadays they arent that strong.

    But because of the effects of 2016-rarly 2018 real survivor problems are ignored and that's not good. If we continue to ignore problems survivors face the player base will decline and the killer wait times will increase and inevitably the game will die.

    Killer mains stop looking at survivors as someone out to ruin your game and look st them as a human wanting to have fun playing too.

    I'm tired of the us vs them mentality why cant it be just "us." Why can't we look at all the problems as a whole and work to fix them. I ask killer mains and survivor mains alike play the opposite side and get good at it try to understand their struggles.

    For you killer mains that say survivor is op go plag solo survivor at rank 1 and ask yourself do you want to play swf or that. For you survivor mains that think killer is op go play wraith on ormond and ask yourself is this even fair.

    You guys know moris and keys right? Yeah they are both broken they both need reworks. The point I'm trying to make is that we need to get together and combine the community rather than divide and only then will dbd improve its health.

    Oh please not the Key and Mori thing. I have seen even killer mains on youtube say Mori is certainly OP and much more broken than any key. Yes the key is super strong in SWF groups but in solo que you are lucky if one survivor gets out. Then I did not know this until the person I was watching on youtube mentioned it but even with a key if the killer finds the hatch and closes it and just stands right on it, key or not you cannot open it. The mori's have no real defense other than dont get caught which I mean yes is easy logic but that is not a real line of defense for everyone because someone WILL get caught and tunneled.

    The key has so much you need to do and heck I ran the entire map 4 times over a few games ago and left out the gate because I could not find the hatch. When I looked, I mean I looked all over and in between boxes and on hills and in patches of grass. I slow walked everywhere and waited for the open hatch trigger but nothing. Oh also add the fact that if you bring the key in 8 out of 10 times the killer tunnels and kills you and you never even get the chance to look for the hatch that has not spawned yet. I mean it just makes the key OKAY at best in SOLO QUE and I agree OP in SWF. I think that is what is breaking survivor side is the SWF.

    Just like I said way before the person on youtube said it but the key is OP in certain situations but Mori is always OP.

    I do agree though with your post and that people need to walk in each other shoes before claiming EVERYTHING is OP. I mean heck I hate mori's but I wont say delete them. Yes some matches stink but that is the best part about this game, every match is different and you may have a crap one then a great one right behind it. =)

    Hope everyone has a great time playing! Please be nice to each other. =)

  • Forums are usually dominated by the party that has something to legitimately complain about.

    It is the same with product reviews. How many times have you left a review on a site when the product (Fridge, dish washer, etc) works fine?

  • @Pryzm said:

    Yes, and rain is wet. Everyone here knows this already.

    A few of us hold out hope that one day we will stop being an Us v Them community and try to make strides in improving the game as a whole, but it's more likely that Mick Jagger will appear in my front yard riding a Unicorn made of Lightning....which would be really odd. Not even sure where that came from. Maybe I played Cards Against Humanity too much?

    I think the point is to never stop never stopping. 😉 If we keep promoting unity and(gently) call out those who seek to segregate the community, slowly but surely we'll see some progress.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    While I see your points on the many posts of SWF wanting to be removed, there are counter points and people saying that no one should be punished for playing with friends.

    There might be threads catering to killers, but there is an equal amount of survivors defending their stance as well.

    And of course you see more killers complaining, they're getting nerfed, SWF hasn't changed, gen speeds haven't changed.

    All survivors do is hold M1, drop a pallet or two and it's gg. Gates are opened. T-bag at gates. And leave.

    3rd party communication is the real problem, I think if the developers take this into accord and maybe do something that works out for both parties then we'll be fine. The issue is a lot of killers communicate this point poorly thus people dismiss us.

  • @Pryzm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1468162#Comment_1468162

    You have obviously been hanging around that whole Mick Jagger on the Lightning Unicorn thingy (see above post). I've been here for years and there is anything but common sense and fair analysis here. There is whining, crying, name calling, pessimism, complaining, finger pointing, condescension, etc, etc, but very little fairness. I do appreciate your upbeat tone though and hope it rubs off on others. Just don't read too much on these forums or you'll become a grumpy old Pig like me. lol

    @GrootDude stayed positive too!!!

  • Funny enough, i think the whole us vs them mentality is one of the reasons this game is as popular as it is.

    Kinda like a team Jacob or team Edward kinda thing.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/174152/this-forum-is-very-killer-biased

    I can’t disagree.

    Sadly there’s still a little killer PTSD floating around these forums (not to make light of genuine PTSD. I’m just emphasising a point).

    The problem in this forum is too much bias from either side. It seems suggesting balance ideas that are fair for both sides sits in the minority.

    Suggest a buff to survivors, you’re a killer main.

    Suggest a killer buff, you’re a killer main.

    Happens to me all the time.

    Typo in the buff to survivor part.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/174152/this-forum-is-very-killer-biased

    I can’t disagree.

    Sadly there’s still a little killer PTSD floating around these forums (not to make light of genuine PTSD. I’m just emphasising a point).

    The problem in this forum is too much bias from either side. It seems suggesting balance ideas that are fair for both sides sits in the minority.

    Suggest a buff to survivors, you’re a killer main.

    Suggest a killer buff, you’re a killer main.

    Happens to me all the time.

    I think what you mean is that individual threads have bias, not the forums in general. If I go snooping for a little bit I can find just as many pro-broken-killer as pro-broken-survivor posts. The idea of bias is an unreasonable lean towards one side of an argument, not pointing out that one side of the trial can win the war of dbd top trumps.

  • Well there are more people playing the game than there are people on here. We are just the Super fans that love the game so much that we stop playing it to get on here to talk about it.

  • I am honest @azame .

    The killer vs. survivor mentaly will live in me until my favorite killer suffers not anymore under the rework he has got because of survivor complains. When that will be... That knows only bhvr. I don't see this as my decision.

    That said, I don't see how survivors get treated here differently as killers.

    As soon as a killer or survivor main writes something, you can count already the minutes until some main of the opposite side will write something that shows, that this guy just like to put the voice of the writer down.

    It is like it is and it will continue as long, as long as killers and survivors getting nerfed because of nerf threads, dc's, or whatever reaction one side is be able to.

    If someone has something against this, don't fuel the fire. That's the reason why I rarely appear in nerf threads as example.

  • Just fix the problem and force people to play both sides equally? That will remove the mains. I personally don't even bother talking abaut balance with a person if you main either side since they are obviously biased

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    Maybe the reason the forums are killer bias is because thats the side that is getting screwed over the most?

    Zero self-awareness in this forum

  • Nah, I would be willing to bet the forums are balanced, people just like to whine when they are confronted by the opinions of others.

  • @Terra92 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1468125#Comment_1468125

    I think the point is to never stop never stopping. 😉 If we keep promoting unity and(gently) call out those who seek to segregate the community, slowly but surely we'll see some progress.

    Dude, you totally just pulled off an Afternoon Special Ending, or one of the 80's cartoons where Hawk comes out to tell us what the message of the episode was. Fantastic! Good job! I'm totally flashing back to Orco coming out at the end of the He-Man episode and telling me that if we just keep standing for unity, we might just win one day. lol

    Good luck out there.

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1468196#Comment_1468196

    KiLlErS nEvEr GeT NeRfEd ThOuGh

    sUrViVoRs ShOuLd GeT tHe SaMe AmOuNt oF bLoOdPoInTs FoR lEsS wOrK

    You can tell these kids haven't made it past rank 15 killer. Typical.

    I can show you r1 screenshots of killer as of now I play alot of killer.

  • Idk I told you about my Wraith story but you did well I think you lying boi ;)

  • That's a mod? Yes this forum is killer biased but that needs to stop we need to come together. I seen your post you could have worded things better are you frustrated? If so I understand why it feels like this community does not care for survivors opinions.

  • I’m guessing you don’t see the hundreds of posts each day about noed? Or weak killers like clown needing nerfs cuz yeah it’s killers that think dumb things are too strong 😂

  • @RizeAki said:

    I’m guessing you don’t see the hundreds of posts each day about noed? Or weak killers like clown needing nerfs cuz yeah it’s killers that think dumb things are too strong 😂

    I've seen noed nerf posts, I haven't see blown nerf posts show proof. But come you know why noed nerf posts exist killer loses gets rewarded speed boost, and one shot down.

  • @azame said:

    After using this forum for some time the amount of killer bias here is insane. Any thing that even slightly benefits survivors is looked down upon. I think the main reason for this bias is do to the fact that in the past survivors were op but nowadays they arent that strong.

    But because of the effects of 2016-rarly 2018 real survivor problems are ignored and that's not good. If we continue to ignore problems survivors face the player base will decline and the killer wait times will increase and inevitably the game will die.

    Killer mains stop looking at survivors as someone out to ruin your game and look st them as a human wanting to have fun playing too.

    I'm tired of the us vs them mentality why cant it be just "us." Why can't we look at all the problems as a whole and work to fix them. I ask killer mains and survivor mains alike play the opposite side and get good at it try to understand their struggles.

    For you killer mains that say survivor is op go plag solo survivor at rank 1 and ask yourself do you want to play swf or that. For you survivor mains that think killer is op go play wraith on ormond and ask yourself is this even fair.

    You guys know moris and keys right? Yeah they are both broken they both need reworks. The point I'm trying to make is that we need to get together and combine the community rather than divide and only then will dbd improve its health.

    ... Lol I find it funny that you think in the slightest that survivor is weaker than killers right now. I'll do laps around killer's at rank one all day every day, and then when the boys get on - bruh. EZ BP all night long.

  • @TheButcher said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/174152/this-forum-is-very-killer-biased

    ... Lol I find it funny that you think in the slightest that survivor is weaker than killers right now. I'll do laps around killer's at rank one all day every day, and then when the boys get on - bruh. EZ BP all night long.

    I dont remember mentioning whether which side was weak or not but nice strawman argument. Everything you just typed was irrelevant to my actual post so I'm gonna leave it here.

  • @alleycat012 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/174152/this-forum-is-very-killer-biased

    Thats because the games massively imbalanced between SWF and non-swf matches right now. Has been since it came out.

    They just need to bring non-swf teams up to SWF levl by adding comms and making games longer. I think its misconstrued that killers think all survs need nerfs, just this one aspect of the game kinda does.

    Yeah I think the number 1 thing right now is the early game gen block that's what really ######### me as killer, like a built in corrupt.

  • You are quite delusional if you think that was the reason for deleting your thread when reason was clearly written to you. But whatever floats your boat.

  • @Frareid88 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1470549#Comment_1470549

    Yeah a mod deleted a thread I made about moaning killers

    I am sure, the mod deleted your thread not because you have complained about a killer sided forum.

    I bet it has something to do with the way you have choose your words.

    I am as a killer main could as example start a thread that those forums here are survivor sided and that would be ok, I assume... until I choose words that are either insulting, or and - yet comes your thread to my mind - have look as would you have made your thread only to provocate.

    Then my thread would have been deleted and maybe you find there the real reason for it :).

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1470588#Comment_1470588

    I dont remember mentioning whether which side was weak or not but nice strawman argument. Everything you just typed was irrelevant to my actual post so I'm gonna leave it here.

    Sure. Here you go;

    After using this forum for some time the amount of killer bias here is insane. Any thing that even slightly benefits survivors is looked down upon. I think the main reason for this bias is do to the fact that in the past survivors were op but nowadays they arent that strong.

    The reason for that is simply because in the game right now Survivors are far too powerful, for a multitude of reasons that isn't only summed up to SWF.

    But because of the effects of 2016-rarly 2018 real survivor problems are ignored and that's not good. If we continue to ignore problems survivors face the player base will decline and the killer wait times will increase and inevitably the game will die.

    We will never see a decline in survivors. As right now the game is being kept afloat by the survivor base alone. BHVR has been dealing with an issue that the Killers have been leaving in masses, so much to the point where they reworked the matchmaking twice to try and save newer Killer's from getting in games with 4man swat teams. Like I find it funny you answer me with "nice stawman argument", but you have yet to even mention any argument at all other than "Killer's OP, Survivors Weak, Please Buff"

    Killer mains stop looking at survivors as someone out to ruin your game and look st them as a human wanting to have fun playing too.

    Survivors stop looking at Killer's as an NPC, and start treating them like humans that want to enjoy the game too? I'm not seeing where you are going with this post, when even in addition to the game being unbalanced in the Survivors favor, but there is even a huge problem where Killer's are being verbally harrassed after each match - win or lose. As far as being told to kill themselves, and the entire list of deragatory terms. This past month alone I have sent in over 30 support tickets Survivors calling me the "N" Word alone.

    I'm tired of the us vs them mentality why cant it be just "us." Why can't we look at all the problems as a whole and work to fix them. I ask killer mains and survivor mains alike play the opposite side and get good at it try to understand their struggles.

    Literally threads like these further spread the "Us VS Them" mentality. When players for months have been saying Survivors are too strong, and Killer's need a buff - hell they are currently working on reworking EVERY SINGLE MAP in the game, to make them more Killer sided. To be more fair. You started this whole thread off on the "Us VS Them" mentality, and still have yet to make an argument that isn't just a strawman argument.

    For you killer mains that say survivor is op go plag solo survivor at rank 1 and ask yourself do you want to play swf or that. For you survivor mains that think killer is op go play wraith on ormond and ask yourself is this even fair.

    Oh hey the pharagraph I responded to. Yeah I do play survivor at rank one, and run circles around Killer's like no tomorrow. Like most maps have over 10+ pallets, and a gen usually only costs 2 if I don't get the killer stuck in the Killer Shack or TL loop.

    You guys know moris and keys right? Yeah they are both broken they both need reworks. The point I'm trying to make is that we need to get together and combine the community rather than divide and only then will dbd improve its health.

    Yeah Mori's and Key's. Mori's can only be used if the Killer completes part of their objective. They were added to the game because the Dev's wanted Killer's to have a cool way to kill survivors that was unique to them, that didn't involve just hooking them and sacrificing them to the entity.

    Key's can only be used to open a free win mechanic sooner. Do you know why the hatch exists in the first place? Because the last survivor was taking the game hostage by hiding and not completing Gen's. Getting a free win when the Killer finally gave up looking and DC. So they added the Hatch to give the survivor an incentive to go out of hiding. However that only added the problem of hatch stand offs, so they made it so that the Killer can close the hatch to start EGC. However then Survivors would just camp the door furthest the hatch, so even if the Killer does close the hatch they won't be able to walk to the door in time to stop the survivor from opening it. The hatch has been creating a lot of problems for the game since it was added. Simply all because BHVR decided to fix an issue of Survivors taking the game hostage, by literally giving them a free win mechanic. Key's doesn't help that issue even in the slightest.


    So there you go boyo. You literally have 0 facts to back you up, you have only made strawman statements the whole time, and on top of all of that you're the one spreading the "us vs them" mentality. Either this can be chopped up as a bait thread, or you simply just need to get better at survivor, and learn the loops. Learn the tricks. Learn the maps. Learn the perks, and perk combinations. I suggest taking BT, DH, DS, and IW for solo playing. Yellow Med Kit w/ Gel Dressings, and Self Adherent Wrap - you get like 2-3 self heals out of it. Which is more than enough you need in any given game.

  • The post itself sounds pretty biased.

  • @TheButcher said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1470594#Comment_1470594

    Sure. Here you go;

    After using this forum for some time the amount of killer bias here is insane. Any thing that even slightly benefits survivors is looked down upon. I think the main reason for this bias is do to the fact that in the past survivors were op but nowadays they arent that strong.

    The reason for that is simply because in the game right now Survivors are far too powerful, for a multitude of reasons that isn't only summed up to SWF.

    But because of the effects of 2016-rarly 2018 real survivor problems are ignored and that's not good. If we continue to ignore problems survivors face the player base will decline and the killer wait times will increase and inevitably the game will die.

    We will never see a decline in survivors. As right now the game is being kept afloat by the survivor base alone. BHVR has been dealing with an issue that the Killers have been leaving in masses, so much to the point where they reworked the matchmaking twice to try and save newer Killer's from getting in games with 4man swat teams. Like I find it funny you answer me with "nice stawman argument", but you have yet to even mention any argument at all other than "Killer's OP, Survivors Weak, Please Buff"

    Killer mains stop looking at survivors as someone out to ruin your game and look st them as a human wanting to have fun playing too.

    Survivors stop looking at Killer's as an NPC, and start treating them like humans that want to enjoy the game too? I'm not seeing where you are going with this post, when even in addition to the game being unbalanced in the Survivors favor, but there is even a huge problem where Killer's are being verbally harrassed after each match - win or lose. As far as being told to kill themselves, and the entire list of deragatory terms. This past month alone I have sent in over 30 support tickets Survivors calling me the "N" Word alone.

    I'm tired of the us vs them mentality why cant it be just "us." Why can't we look at all the problems as a whole and work to fix them. I ask killer mains and survivor mains alike play the opposite side and get good at it try to understand their struggles.

    Literally threads like these further spread the "Us VS Them" mentality. When players for months have been saying Survivors are too strong, and Killer's need a buff - hell they are currently working on reworking EVERY SINGLE MAP in the game, to make them more Killer sided. To be more fair. You started this whole thread off on the "Us VS Them" mentality, and still have yet to make an argument that isn't just a strawman argument.

    For you killer mains that say survivor is op go plag solo survivor at rank 1 and ask yourself do you want to play swf or that. For you survivor mains that think killer is op go play wraith on ormond and ask yourself is this even fair.

    Oh hey the pharagraph I responded to. Yeah I do play survivor at rank one, and run circles around Killer's like no tomorrow. Like most maps have over 10+ pallets, and a gen usually only costs 2 if I don't get the killer stuck in the Killer Shack or TL loop.

    You guys know moris and keys right? Yeah they are both broken they both need reworks. The point I'm trying to make is that we need to get together and combine the community rather than divide and only then will dbd improve its health.

    Yeah Mori's and Key's. Mori's can only be used if the Killer completes part of their objective. They were added to the game because the Dev's wanted Killer's to have a cool way to kill survivors that was unique to them, that didn't involve just hooking them and sacrificing them to the entity.

    Key's can only be used to open a free win mechanic sooner. Do you know why the hatch exists in the first place? Because the last survivor was taking the game hostage by hiding and not completing Gen's. Getting a free win when the Killer finally gave up looking and DC. So they added the Hatch to give the survivor an incentive to go out of hiding. However that only added the problem of hatch stand offs, so they made it so that the Killer can close the hatch to start EGC. However then Survivors would just camp the door furthest the hatch, so even if the Killer does close the hatch they won't be able to walk to the door in time to stop the survivor from opening it. The hatch has been creating a lot of problems for the game since it was added. Simply all because BHVR decided to fix an issue of Survivors taking the game hostage, by literally giving them a free win mechanic. Key's doesn't help that issue even in the slightest.

    So there you go boyo. You literally have 0 facts to back you up, you have only made strawman statements the whole time, and on top of all of that you're the one spreading the "us vs them" mentality. Either this can be chopped up as a bait thread, or you simply just need to get better at survivor, and learn the loops. Learn the tricks. Learn the maps. Learn the perks, and perk combinations. I suggest taking BT, DH, DS, and IW for solo playing. Yellow Med Kit w/ Gel Dressings, and Self Adherent Wrap - you get like 2-3 self heals out of it. Which is more than enough you need in any given game.

    You ignored the whole point of the thread it isnt bait but I guess you just are ignorant I want this community to come together. You are the one starting us vs them now by saying do I think survivors are weak. That's the only bait, its hard to take you seriously.

  • @Swiftblade131 said:

    The post itself sounds pretty biased.

    How explain?

  • @azame said:

    After using this forum for some time the amount of killer bias here is insane. Any thing that even slightly benefits survivors is looked down upon. I think the main reason for this bias is do to the fact that in the past survivors were op but nowadays they arent that strong.

    But because of the effects of 2016-rarly 2018 real survivor problems are ignored and that's not good. If we continue to ignore problems survivors face the player base will decline and the killer wait times will increase and inevitably the game will die.

    Killer mains stop looking at survivors as someone out to ruin your game and look st them as a human wanting to have fun playing too.

    I'm tired of the us vs them mentality why cant it be just "us." Why can't we look at all the problems as a whole and work to fix them. I ask killer mains and survivor mains alike play the opposite side and get good at it try to understand their struggles.

    For you killer mains that say survivor is op go plag solo survivor at rank 1 and ask yourself do you want to play swf or that. For you survivor mains that think killer is op go play wraith on ormond and ask yourself is this even fair.

    You guys know moris and keys right? Yeah they are both broken they both need reworks. The point I'm trying to make is that we need to get together and combine the community rather than divide and only then will dbd improve its health.

    Literally every post in favor of killer has a very quick comment from a survivor main telling them the contrary and is always highly upvoted.

    Literally every post in favor of survivor has a very quick comment from a killer main telling them the contrary and is always highly upvoted.

    I think the forums are pretty well balanced and you're wrong.


  • The forum is "killer biased" because the forums is a place to vocally provide input to the game and killers have had the most frustrations and bull to complain about to the devs for the longests time and while killer is not nearly as bad is it used to be for some reason when the devs do mess up 9 times out of 10 they ended doing so by ruining either a killer or providing some sort of indirect buff or power to survivors.


    be that via horrible multilating perks-our hexes are still battered and untouched. NOED and DH are the only strongs ones-

    Weird game mechanic changing-remember when survivors could stun a killer with a blind while picking up a survivor but it would only kick in after the animation played out-

    Being blatantly survivor sided in their decisions - remember when killers were told everything is fine and we should play civilization while mathieu himself got bullied by SWF on stream-

    Or ruin changes...or even recently...billy changes.


    The forum is killer sided because killers have the most to complain about and getting more to complain about. Hell, even the end game collapse which was meant to be a pressure pot for survivors basically ended up being left as a "T bag at the gate" simulator and can STILL be 99%


    The past where survivors were insanely OP and basically went out of their way to bully killers every game dosen't help either. To be fair, most of those survivors probably left but I still see survivors defending SWF-with or without comms it's borken. Literally the game is meant to work on uncertanity-


    In the end the forums will be mostly made of killers complaining because killers have to basically carry a match on themselves so any small details changed dramatically effect them. If a map is big killers feel it more because they have to solo pressure, if there is wonky collission their characters are typically bigger and slow down due to it, if their powers or addons are touched the time sensitive nature of the game...especially against SWF make even seconds huge differences even at lower levels of skill.


    If a survivor is in a bad game they can just use a second chance perk or give up on hook. All the while 3 guys are still doing gens.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1468376#Comment_1468376

    I can show you r1 screenshots of killer as of now I play alot of killer.

    I can show you a picture my sister Jennifer sent me of her dog last night, wanna see? I have no way to prove its from her, or of her dog, but I can show you.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1468154#Comment_1468154

    The amount of upvotes on this comment sort of proves the point lol. The latest numbers we have (11/2019) show a roughly ~70% kill rate in red ranks. Since then most of the changes have favored killer (toolbox nerf, coop repair nerf, survivors no longer keep add-ons when they escape a trial, multiple maps were shrunk, several particularly strong loops were weakened, Doctor got a rework/buff, etc.). Reworking sabotage is the only notable survivor-sided change I can think of since those numbers dropped. Who knows if BHVR is balancing around a 50% kill rate and FWIW I agree with the majority of the recent killer-sided changes, but still, it's hard to justify the stance that killers are weak right now with the available data.

    I 100% agree that the ceiling for survivor is very high. If you pull together a god SWF with the best items and add ons, all stacking Petrified Oaks and running meta perks builds, yeah, the killer's probably going to have a bad time. The same could be said for killer, by the way, but I do think the ceiling for a competent SWF is high enough that it makes sense for killers to be asking for nerfs. Even at red rank, though, those sweaty SWF matches in the real world are few and far between. This is confirmed by the stats showing that killers are performing well overall (~65% kill rate), and particularly well at red rank.

    So, I agree with OP that this forum tends to be killer biased. The amount of posts still complaining about the Ruin nerf and the incessant complaints about SWF are a testament to that. There are very, very few posts in the mold of "give me back the old DS, devs only care about killer" or "they nerfed coop repairs, so I'm never playing again". Meanwhile, I see constant posts like that on the killer side.

    Matchmaking has sucked and people have been boosted for the duration of those stats up till now. Of course the kill rate numbers are high when literal green ranks are in red ranks. Their stats are basically worthless until an actual matchmaking system kicks in. Maybe this change will be what was needed, but when they said "Rank 1 vs a rank 16? Don't worry that's fine!" I didn't have much hope.

    Go join the DBD competitive league, it's a small community, but go join it if you're so confident that Killer is easily able to handle swf. Cause trust me, even trying your very hardest the good survivor players can and will run circles around nearly every killer in the game.

  • @IronWill said:

    Yeah cause its the vocal minority. Most survivors just suck it up and dont run around complaining 24/7 when they lose a game or two (aka die).

    Killers in here are mostly so bad, they never faced the "problems" they complain about themself, instead they saw a video of someone doing some crazy ######### and then come here and want it nerfed just because they WATCHED someone do it...

    here and on reddit, killers cry a lot as if they are victims or something...?? survivors don't complain as much even tho we too get bad games and toxic killers but i guess because killers are always alone so they feel the need to cry and have someone hear them out...idk lol

  • @azame said:

    After using this forum for some time the amount of killer bias here is insane. Any thing that even slightly benefits survivors is looked down upon. I think the main reason for this bias is do to the fact that in the past survivors were op but nowadays they arent that strong.

    But because of the effects of 2016-rarly 2018 real survivor problems are ignored and that's not good. If we continue to ignore problems survivors face the player base will decline and the killer wait times will increase and inevitably the game will die.

    Killer mains stop looking at survivors as someone out to ruin your game and look st them as a human wanting to have fun playing too.

    I'm tired of the us vs them mentality why cant it be just "us." Why can't we look at all the problems as a whole and work to fix them. I ask killer mains and survivor mains alike play the opposite side and get good at it try to understand their struggles.

    For you killer mains that say survivor is op go plag solo survivor at rank 1 and ask yourself do you want to play swf or that. For you survivor mains that think killer is op go play wraith on ormond and ask yourself is this even fair.

    You guys know moris and keys right? Yeah they are both broken they both need reworks. The point I'm trying to make is that we need to get together and combine the community rather than divide and only then will dbd improve its health.

    "After using this forum for some time the amount of killer bias here is insane. Any thing that even slightly benefits survivors is looked down upon."


    trapmaster 9000.png


  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1468602#Comment_1468602

    A 68% kill rate is nothing to be complaining about and the pip rate is meant to be low in red ranks. The devs are also working on MMR. The game can't just be balanced around the strongest survivors you face or you'll be even more oppressive to the potatoes. A 50% kill rate seems like the most sensible target for balance; not sure what BHVR thinks, though.

    Again, that kill rate is against weaker survivors. The vast majority of strong survivors I play winds up with a 1k or 2k. The pips are important, they show how long the match lasted and how well you did. If I don't pip, I 100% lost that match. A brutal means the survivors controlled the entire match.

    The problem with 50% balance is where they're balancing for. If you balance for idiots, the top teams will wreck you. So it has to be balanced for around 75% in the middle so you at least have a chance against the top.

  • @azame said:

    After using this forum for some time the amount of killer bias here is insane. Any thing that even slightly benefits survivors is looked down upon. I think the main reason for this bias is do to the fact that in the past survivors were op but nowadays they arent that strong.

    But because of the effects of 2016-rarly 2018 real survivor problems are ignored and that's not good. If we continue to ignore problems survivors face the player base will decline and the killer wait times will increase and inevitably the game will die.

    Killer mains stop looking at survivors as someone out to ruin your game and look st them as a human wanting to have fun playing too.

    I'm tired of the us vs them mentality why cant it be just "us." Why can't we look at all the problems as a whole and work to fix them. I ask killer mains and survivor mains alike play the opposite side and get good at it try to understand their struggles.

    For you killer mains that say survivor is op go plag solo survivor at rank 1 and ask yourself do you want to play swf or that. For you survivor mains that think killer is op go play wraith on ormond and ask yourself is this even fair.

    You guys know moris and keys right? Yeah they are both broken they both need reworks. The point I'm trying to make is that we need to get together and combine the community rather than divide and only then will dbd improve its health.

    So what? Killers are what makes this game interesting, not survivors.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1470830#Comment_1470830

    It's not reasonable to blame matchmaking for boosting stats, especially only based on anecdotal evidence. Every time a killer gets matched against a team that's too weak it stands to reason that another killer is being matched against survivors that are too strong.

    It's also not reasonable to balance a game around the sweatiest SWF players trying their hardest. Balancing around SWF means solo queue gets annihilated because they don't have the information the devs are expecting them to have in order to do well. Right now the devs need to strike a balance such that solo queue are worse than average but not hopeless and SWF are above average but not dominant. 65-70% kill rate says to me that the balance is tilted towards the killer side. There are necessarily very few SWF god squads out there or the kill rate would be lower.

    I 100% agree that SWF is a balance issue, but that doesn't mean that survivor is OP. Unless survivors are in SWF sweating their balls off the opposite is true, and we still don't have stats for SWF so this is mostly just an educated guess. SWF is going nowhere, so the only real ways to handle this would be adding voice chat to the game or otherwise buffing solo queue to limit the information gap vs SWF.

    I think survivor is absolutely the power role and 4 good survivors even not on comms can give any killer a run for their money. But Solo queue is a bad experience because very often you are not teamed with 3 good survivors. I have the rare game where I am teamed with 3 other good survivors in solo queue and it's usually completely in our favor with 3-4 escapes. I think the only time it wasn't was vs a very good nurse and we only got 3 gens done. But a killer player of that quality playing the best killer in the game is quite rare.

    Most solo queue games are pretty bad, but I maintain that's because there are far too many boosted survivors. Which is a problem because it promotes even more people to play swf since it's common to get teammates in red ranks who crouch walk everywhere, miss skill checks, run away from a killer not coming for them, can't loop, run to dead zones, and generally waste time. Those players make solo queue bad, make survivor look weaker than they are, and make killer kill rates higher than they would be otherwise.

    Again, I hope that the new matchmaking fixes stuff and people are actually put in similar skill pools. I'm relatively certain if it did the data would show a very different story than 70% kill rates at red ranks.

1 2 3