Please don't listen to the vocal minority

I don't see what everyone is so mad about. So what if killer cant switch out? Everyone has been asking for different rating for killers for forever and now that they do it everyone starts complaining again? Pick you're poison people I'd much rather have different killer ratings then to be demolished every time I want to play somebody new for a change. The other changes are good too. Hope everything goes to plan and it makes it live.

Comments

  • @Swiftblade131 said:

    Vocal minority, reasons Billy got nerfed for no reason.

    I mean there are reasons. Just because you disagree with them doesn't mean they don't exist.

  • I am 100% in favor of this change so long as it applies to survivors, too. I may be a filthy survivor main but I know damn well people will abuse the last second switch to bring flashlights or their decked out p3 survivors. This will make it so you simply do not press the button to queue up until you have decided your load out completely. That's how it works in DBD mobile and it's just fine.

  • @KRG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1462604#Comment_1462604

    You do realise that killers are different with different abilities and survivors are just skins?

    About the items you can always change your build if you want to use franklins for example.

    You guys need to stop with this whining thing im getting sick of it honestly.

    There's a difference between a blendette and just dwight.

    If people quickswitch six seconds before the match starts you can't react as killer.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1462959#Comment_1462959

    That you consider an item rare doesn't mean it is fair.

    So items are unfair, broken, op etc but killer add ons are all very fair? Infinite tier 3 Myers, mori Myers, fake pallets of Freddy that you can't even Distinguish 1% to normal pallets, slowdown add ons of Freddy, exhaustion add ons, all add ins of killers are fair because they're on killer side right? 90% of survs add ons are trash.

  • As a survivor main, I would agree to lock both sides. Mostly I'm tired of killers dodging lobbies just because I'm holding something that killers consider offensive to them. Or because some random teammate wears bright colored outfits. I mean if I can't dodge your moris (I get mori games every few matches) then killers shouldn't be able to dodge me just because I'm holding a (broken) key.


    Sometimes when I'm playing SWF, we'd ready up slowly in order for killers not to feel threatened by readying up too quickly and leave lobby. Lol.

  • I dont like this, but at least they haven't locked down perks ... If that ever happens Im done, that or franklins is permanently in my loadout.

  • @KRG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1463969#Comment_1463969

    Isnt that the case now too? Survivors can do the same thing and what? You gonna change killer and its build in 2 secs? Yeah right.

    You guys are searching every day for something to cry about. Sorry if i sound harsh but its the truth. And i mean that for both sides.

    So now I'm 'crying' cuz I think that something isn't right about the game that's taken this long to change its rank system. If people didn't 'cry' as you put it we would still be at square one with god loops, huge maps, broken mechanics. I'm going to hold dbd devs accountable to the mistakes because I genuinely want this game to get better. But it isn't if we keep turning a blind eye to all the crap choices made by the devs. There doing good things now and when they do I'll praise them when they do dumb things I'll say something about it. It's not crying, I just want a fair balanced game. I'm so sick of people saying crap like oh stop crying, it's toxic people like that who bring this community down.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    The problem is that it's only being implemented for killers. Quick switching has always been a problem, and now that the Devs have implemented a system that locks characters... It only locks the killers. Survivors can still quick switch to whatever broken item they want, on whatever broken skin they want, and not give killers any time to react. It just feels kind of unfair, especially when you add in the cheating software that lets survivors see what killer they are going against.

    And literally tell me that the matchmaking penalty wasn’t implemented for mainly survivors. Go ahead I’ll wait. Everyone knows killers RARELY AND I MEAN RARELY EVER DC. And you salty over not being able to spam to character? Grow up lololol

  • @TruffleTurtle said:

    I don't see what everyone is so mad about. So what if killer cant switch out? Everyone has been asking for different rating for killers for forever and now that they do it everyone starts complaining again? Pick you're poison people I'd much rather have different killer ratings then to be demolished every time I want to play somebody new for a change. The other changes are good too. Hope everything goes to plan and it makes it live.

    Ima killer main and I don’t see a problem with this at all, killers are the biggest cry babies on this game hands down. They complain about EVERYTHING.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1462606#Comment_1462606

    I mean there are reasons. Just because you disagree with them doesn't mean they don't exist.

    Sorry 90% of the community and yes, even the DEVs would agree, that he is a fair and balanced killer.


    Also very sorry you can't play against a balanced character bud.

  • @DaFireSquirtle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1464122#Comment_1464122

    So now I'm 'crying' cuz I think that something isn't right about the game that's taken this long to change its rank system. If people didn't 'cry' as you put it we would still be at square one with god loops, huge maps, broken mechanics. I'm going to hold dbd devs accountable to the mistakes because I genuinely want this game to get better. But it isn't if we keep turning a blind eye to all the crap choices made by the devs. There doing good things now and when they do I'll praise them when they do dumb things I'll say something about it. It's not crying, I just want a fair balanced game. I'm so sick of people saying crap like oh stop crying, it's toxic people like that who bring this community down.

    No, its you actually who bring the community down. This is a good thing and that's why i said you are crying. You wanted better matchmaking? Well i guess this is the way to make it better. It should be like this. Killer is locked and that's it. If he's good with that killer he gets better team and vice versa.

  • @Swiftblade131 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1464212#Comment_1464212

    Sorry 90% of the community and yes, even the DEVs would agree, that he is a fair and balanced killer.

    Also very sorry you can't play against a balanced character bud.

    Lol what a leap you took there. Awfully defensive. You don't even know my opinion of the changes. Nice try, tho.

  • I don't mind the killer lock, maybe it will make it more interesting than a group of rank 17 survivors going against a rank 1 killer. (Happens a lot to my group or at least high rank killers) I personally don't think survivors shouldn't be locked right away. The reason behind this is because if I load into a lobby with three Bill's, I don't want to use bill at all then and want to switch. Also locking survivors when they hit look for lobby is a crappy idea ai think. This is due to waiting at least four minutes looking for a match that I go through my survivors to level them up and change their outfits and stuff.

  • survivors should not switch anything when the timer is past 30 sec. 30 sec is more then enough time to set everything.

  • @KRG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1462604#Comment_1462604

    You do realise that killers are different with different abilities and survivors are just skins?

    About the items you can always change your build if you want to use franklins for example.

    You guys need to stop with this whining thing im getting sick of it honestly.

    The issue is say you're in lobby, and then during the last few secs everyone switches to a char holding a toolox or a flashlight, you can't equip Franklin's and now you're probably in for a very unfun or tryhard game.

  • @TruffleTurtle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1462604#Comment_1462604

    I feel this would be a larger issue if the vast majority of the community did this. Personally I don't ever really see this but I'm not anybody else so what do I know. I play on xbox so people wouldn't be able to use that so I can't really say anything about that. People who use that are scummy and don't play for fun.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1462613#Comment_1462613

    I agree with this. Survivors don't need to be locked. I personally don't see the point. That's basically saying that they wont be able to switch items which could be the equivalent to a killers addons. Locking away that would just bring frustration. As long as you can change your build its not that big of a deal

    You could still switch perks/items/add-ons, just only for the survivor you queued with. Which isn't much different than the killer lock, they'll only be able to use whatever killer they picked plus whatever perks/add-ons they have on that killer, you can't switch to another killer with Franklin's if you see a flashlight or toolbox squad and your current killer doesn't have that perk, can't switch to another killer that might better deal with a full blendette squad, you either gotta roll with the punches or dodge.

    It should be for both sides or neither.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1465559#Comment_1465559

    Lol what a leap you took there. Awfully defensive. You don't even know my opinion of the changes. Nice try, tho.

    Doubt you play him that much


    Not saying your opinions on the matter, don't matter. But not as much as someone who actually plays him.

  • @Chicago_Prime said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1462604#Comment_1462604

    And literally tell me that the matchmaking penalty wasn’t implemented for mainly survivors. Go ahead I’ll wait. Everyone knows killers RARELY AND I MEAN RARELY EVER DC. And you salty over not being able to spam to character? Grow up lololol

    I am genuinely lost. What is your argument? Are you saying that DCing is acceptable, or that killers... What? "Spam to character"? Can you please reword that entire statement so it translates into reality?

    Hang on, matchmaking penalty? What's that?

    I am so genuinely confused by this entire post. I'm neither kidding nor being sarcastic, I have no idea what you are attempting to say other than some variation of me being childish.

  • @Sweet_Feng said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1463553#Comment_1463553

    So items are unfair, broken, op etc but killer add ons are all very fair? Infinite tier 3 Myers, mori Myers, fake pallets of Freddy that you can't even Distinguish 1% to normal pallets, slowdown add ons of Freddy, exhaustion add ons, all add ins of killers are fair because they're on killer side right? 90% of survs add ons are trash.

    The whattaboutism is strong with this one.

    We're talking about quickswitching and pre-game lobbies, please do not attempt to change the discussion. If you would like me to point out the invalidity of some of those, then fine, I shall do so below. But first we must reach the conclusion of the previous topic, so I would like you to reply to what I said instead of coming up with a completely different argument.

    Now, onto everything else you said... Infinite T3 isn't that strong, or else Plague would be meta. Tombstone Piece is extremely overpowered, however Judith's Tombstone is more of a self-nerf given the drastic reduction to your base movement speed. I would rather go against a pallet Freddy than a normal Freddy any day because they are extremely weak, although I dislike Freddy and would like to see him made more difficult to play as so he's less popular. And no, most killer add-ons are actually extremely weak bordering on useless. The few killers with exceptions are Plague, Huntress, Spirit and a few diamonds in the rough for the rest of the cast, most of which are greens or pinks (although most pinks are worthless as well). One example is Ghostface's cooldown add-ons.

    And I'm not sure why you subscribe to the whole "[blank] main" philosophy, but I certainly don't. Both sides have some extremely unfair things, such as the ever-threatening keys and mori's, or SWF and soundsnipy Spirits. That one side has broken shite doesn't detract from the others equally broken shite, and should not be used as a counterargument.

  • @KRG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1465473#Comment_1465473

    No, its you actually who bring the community down. This is a good thing and that's why i said you are crying. You wanted better matchmaking? Well i guess this is the way to make it better. It should be like this. Killer is locked and that's it. If he's good with that killer he gets better team and vice versa.

    So then why can't survivors be locked into their choice therefore stopping them from switching into characters that have flashlights or toolboxes therefore preventing the killer to switch to someone they have perks that can counter the items? I wouldn't mind if both were locked I'm but this seems like an oversight. As for me bringing this community down. I do like that it's getting changed but for something that has taken years to finally do I expect there to be no big oversights like this. I'm not 'crying' I'm simply suggesting something to make a decent change better and more balanced. Don't know how this brings the community down when you're the one saying people are 'crying' when there discussing and giving opinions. Feedback in other words. Your just acting toxic and like a 5 year old attacking people for trying to help the devs make the game better fairer. We can give our critiques and opinions when we want to and shouldn't expect to be name called for it, like seriously? I understand when a survivor complains about a killer being op when they have plenty of counter play can be like whining or as you put it 'crying' but the critique I and many other people are bringing up is valid. Survivors can bring in items without fear of Franklin's, lightborn etc. Because of the new system. The simple fix would be making it so survivors were locked in to.

  • Let survivors switch skins, but their perks and loadout are locked in.

  • @KRG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1462604#Comment_1462604

    You do realise that killers are different with different abilities and survivors are just skins?

    About the items you can always change your build if you want to use franklins for example.

    You guys need to stop with this whining thing im getting sick of it honestly.

    You're missing the point.

    I wanna have the option to switch to an actual viable killer if i suddenly see 4 people with toolboxes in my lobby, rather than just trying out one for fun.

  • @TruffleTurtle said:

    I don't see what everyone is so mad about. So what if killer cant switch out? Everyone has been asking for different rating for killers for forever and now that they do it everyone starts complaining again? Pick you're poison people I'd much rather have different killer ratings then to be demolished every time I want to play somebody new for a change. The other changes are good too. Hope everything goes to plan and it makes it live.

    Bhvr shouldn't listen to anyone except me.

  • @TruffleTurtle said:

    I don't see what everyone is so mad about. So what if killer cant switch out? Everyone has been asking for different rating for killers for forever and now that they do it everyone starts complaining again? Pick you're poison people I'd much rather have different killer ratings then to be demolished every time I want to play somebody new for a change. The other changes are good too. Hope everything goes to plan and it makes it live.

    "please dont listen to the vocal MINORITY" and then a sentance in "i dont see what EVERYONE is mad about"

  • @Customapple0 said:

    I see why killers are complaining, they can’t switch to their precious sweaty Spirit build when they assume it’s an SWF, or when they see a blendette, bunny Feng, Pink Nea etc.

    Killers can still change their loadout when they pick a killer, so survivors should be able to as well. Also survivor is literally just skins so it’s pointless locking them out.

    If you want to go down the route of locking out survivors from picking perks, items and offerings in lobby, then the same should apply to killers. But don’t blame anyone when you can’t pick your Franklin’s against a toolbox team.

    You're literally being sooo stupid. If you're saying it should be even, you basically agree with every killer in this thread.

  • Yeah survivors shouldn't have control over the match before it starts. Lock them down too. The game should be about adapting with whatever you have when playing survivor.

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/173700/please-dont-listen-to-the-vocal-minority

    It's not so much that the killer can't be switched out. It's..

    A) Survivors can still last second switch, which has been an ongoing issue for YEARS, but they decide to lock killers.

    B) There are cheats (that don't require the use of cheat programs, cause this info is literally in a text log file) that allow survivors to see who the killer is before the match starts. The only way to combat this was to switch, last second, as a killer, cause survivors would come up with the optimal kit to render that killers power useless. BHVR said they fixed this, but they half assed it like most things they tend to do. So until this is fixed, locking killers can't be a thing.

    The only reason for the lock is to benefit killers so they can get to learn new characters and get better with them. There is no point to locking survivors because the skill level doesn't change with different killers. As for cheating software, I've literally never heard of that until this post

  • Im with you on this needing added but two things really need address with it

    1. Survivors should not be allowed to swap either it is unfair at 5 seconds they swap to characters with a key or flashlight and killer has literally no way to bring anything to counter that now
    2. On pc there is an app that allows survivors to see what killer you are playing So say I pick doctor they will throw on calm spirit now but if I pick doc and swap fast to Spirit then they can’t cheat to win unless this part is addressed no one will play most killers on pc anymore Well actually come crossplay people won’t play most killers in general
1 2 ›