Springtrap

So what's the deal with this springtrap drama? So apparently we know that the next two chapters are gonna be licenced because game files and what not.

Personally I would love to see five nights at freddys because I was a huge fan back then. Also, if they got this licence it would bring even more people than stranger things because fnaf was huge and also theres a big chance that Markiplier would play the game and I think that it is in BHVRs best interest to get such huge youtuber to play their game.

Comments

  • @Pryzm said:

    @SCP_FOR_DBD I have not played the VR game. I still stand by my opinion on it though. Again, just my opinion. There are hundreds of better ideas for DbD than Springtrap. They'd have to tie some really good perks to him to get many of us interested.

    Not much more I can say on this. I understand and respect why some of you like it, but I stand by my opinion that he is very very niche. Opinions are just that, and nothing to run the world by. Good luck out there all.

    Thats fair, best of luck to you in your trials.

  • @LazyPayday said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1447891#Comment_1447891

    The elephant suit was added because of the community contest where people gave the devs their own cosmetics concepts and the elephant suit was the one that won.

    While I think it's fine for people to be completely against Springtrap being added into the game, I have to debate with people who aren't just talking with their emotions and try to give a genuine reason as to why they'd be a bad addition to the game.

    You say that while stranger things has comedy, things have to get serious with the appearance of demogorgon. My problem with that is that it implies you wouldn't and that's completely false. I used to love fnaf when it was popular so I'll explain the origins behind springtrap (sorry if you already know but I feel that if you're trying to say Springtrap is a complete joke, then you don't know).

    Springtrap was a child murderer who then stuffed the corpses of children in animatronic suits in order to find out how possession works in order to obtain immortality (I think, it's been so long so someone correct me if I'm wrong), however it backfired because he was then hunted down by the spirits of those he killed, resulting in him hiding in a springlock suit (which is basically an animatronic suit that could have all the machinery moved so that someone could use it as a normal costume, however due to a malfunction all the machinery snapped back into place, resulting in him because being pierced in crushed while inside, causing an extremely painful death. Then he possessed the suit while his decaying corpse while still inside yada yada no need to know more. Pretty dark right? So I don't get how people could feel like he's too goofy or that he shouldn't be taken seriously? The only thing I can see having trouble with is how could they make it look natural for a rusty old animatroinic suit to be running at 115% or 110% movement speed.

    I have never played the games but I have watch clips from the third game and they show him moving a bit more fluidly than the others since he has an actual human body inside. He also tends to hide from cameras more like a human would, and it even shows him sprinting in the suit. So they could make that work.

  • It's targeted towards children (books found in kids section) so aside from attracting them to the game parents groups would attack DBD for being an adult game adding a dlc from a franchise targeted towards children. Right now, even if kids are playing DBD, BHVR has the excuse it is an adult game and they shouldn't be playing it because even the DLC comes from adult targeted franchises. The moment a license from a franchise targeted to kids is added parents groups would see it as an adult game trying to attract kids and will start demanding the game make changes to be more kid friendly. That's just an unnecessary headache that would take away BHVR focus on more important game issues. This applies to ANY franchise that is targeted towards kids being added to DBD - Scooby, Goosebumps, Coraline, Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark, etc.

    The fans have been obnoxious with daily posts, harassing streamers (both on social media and streams), and constantly trashing iconic horror characters that I've seen people that were OK with it now be completely against it. Some streamers have even banned talk about fnaf from their chats it's been so bad. I saw a streamer talk about blocking fnaf fan Twitter accounts and the fans admit to creating new alt accounts just to continue harassing them about fnaf.

    If DBD were to add an animatronic they could come up with better original content than having a licensed fnaf character. Doing an original would give fnaf fans an animatronic killer, remove the issues that come with adding a licensed that come from a franchise targeted towards children, and lessen the amount of the fan base coming over that people would rather not have. It would be sold for iridescent shards instead of auric cells and BHVR would have more freedom with what they could do with lore, cosmetics, design, etc.

  • @bm33 said:

    It's targeted towards children (books found in kids section) so aside from attracting them to the game parents groups would attack DBD for being an adult game adding a dlc from a franchise targeted towards children. Right now, even if kids are playing DBD, BHVR has the excuse it is an adult game and they shouldn't be playing it because even the DLC comes from adult targeted franchises. The moment a license from a franchise targeted to kids is added parents groups would see it as an adult game trying to attract kids and will start demanding the game make changes to be more kid friendly. That's just an unnecessary headache that would take away BHVR focus on more important game issues. This applies to ANY franchise that is targeted towards kids being added to DBD - Scooby, Goosebumps, Coraline, Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark, etc.

    The fans have been obnoxious with daily posts, harassing streamers (both on social media and streams), and constantly trashing iconic horror characters that I've seen people that were OK with it now be completely against it. Some streamers have even banned talk about fnaf from their chats it's been so bad. I saw a streamer talk about blocking fnaf fan Twitter accounts and the fans admit to creating new alt accounts just to continue harassing them about fnaf.

    If DBD were to add an animatronic they could come up with better original content than having a licensed fnaf character. Doing an original would give fnaf fans an animatronic killer, remove the issues that come with adding a licensed that come from a franchise targeted towards children, and lessen the amount of the fan base coming over that people would rather not have. It would be sold for iridescent shards instead of auric cells and BHVR would have more freedom with what they could do with lore, cosmetics, design, etc.

    Holy ######### dude, if you think FNAF is for children you may want to actually look at the material. It's some morbid #########.

  • @Pryzm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1447912#Comment_1447912

    The entire FNAF series is very childish and campy. It is meant more as a niche concept, not really horror. That is what I hear the most from those who don't like it, and I personally agree with it. I'm not a fan, but I understand why some like it. Again, not trying to insult those who like it, it is just a niche thing is all.

    As far as DbD being scary, it loses the fear factor pretty early, but that is more due to the gameplay than anything else.

    I'm interested in your thoughts of the animatronic themed killer if BHVR were to re-do it themselves.


    rock-a-fire.jpg

    I grew up in the 90s and these animatronic bands were nightmare fuel for me and my brother.

    I personally think animatronics are a valid horror trope that, before FNAF, was not commonly explored in the horror genre and might be why so many "old school" horror fans aren't too keen on it. It's still new, and FNAF is not geared towards adults. I personally enjoy the lore of the games since it is very dark if you really get into it, but at face value most people won't see that. All most people see is the "cheap" jumpscares and the younger audience.

  • @TheVVitch

    ROFLMAO! You have a point there. I remember ShowBiz Pizza as a kid. Nightmare material there. One of those things that was meant to be fun, but was the stuff of children's nightmares!

  • I just don’t think Springtrap or anything in FNAF is scary. It’s funny. The only thing that could be scary is the jump scares, but ANYTHING could jump out at you and make a loud noise to startle you. The animatronics themselves don’t instil fear.

    Honestly, when Legion dresses as a bunny mascot and chases after me, I’m always laughing. It’s hilarious to see that dumb looking thing coming at me. So I wouldn’t be able to take spring trap seriously.

    Also, the devs or head of design or something didn’t even know who springtrap was. So the odds of FNaF being in an upcoming chapter is highly unlikely.

  • @catbeans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1447982#Comment_1447982

    Holy ######### dude, if you think FNAF is for children you may want to actually look at the material. It's some morbid #########.

    You’re so annoying, forcing your opinion on everyone. It’s in the toy sections and children’s book sections & little kids act all giddy about FNaF. That’s enough for people to think it’s childish.

    FNAF isn’t scary. Some people find it childish. Just respect it instead of refusing to accept differing opinions and acting so rude about it.

  • Like I said that's off the top of my head. Something else could be done. But he would have to carry them to the suit and they would be scarcely located. I'm just making a point that I alone in the moment could think of something so a team with months of preparation could do much better. It is possible.

  • @catbeans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1447982#Comment_1447982

    Holy ######### dude, if you think FNAF is for children you may want to actually look at the material. It's some morbid #########.

    It's in the kids section of book stores and the target age group is children. My nephew was reading them when he was 8/9 because they were easy to read and he didn't find them scary. Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark had plenty of morbid stories in it and they sold it at the Scholastic Book Fairs in elementary schools. There's plenty of kid targeted books that as an adult you read and see how morbid it is. I mean, Watership Down is a classic for kids and that is ridiculously morbid.

  • @Siberia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1448004#Comment_1448004

    You’re so annoying, forcing your opinion on everyone. It’s in the toy sections and children’s book sections & little kids act all giddy about FNaF. That’s enough for people to think it’s childish.

    FNAF isn’t scary. Some people find it childish. Just respect it instead of refusing to accept differing opinions and acting so rude about it.

    Lnfao, I dressed up as Jason for Halloween as a kid. Guess Friday the 13th, is for kids. Same with Myers, Ghost Face, Freddy, ect. And all of those are silly btw. I'm not forcing anything, I'm defending others who want Springtrap because there is no reason he couldn't be in the game. Projection is an awful thing. Why force your views that FNAF is so awful on other people?

  • Also, to add to my previous comment, I used to work at retail. Around Christmas time especially, I had little kids running up to me and asking me about FNaF. (One kid wanted to tell me allll about it lol) and then I had parents coming to me about FNaF, asking questions & occasionally mentioning the age of their child(ren). Most of them were under 14.

    So, if you wanna argue that FNaF isn’t childish, then I beg to differ. I can’t see it as something genuinely scary or anything that will leave a lasting impression on the horror genre.

  • @DeanWinchester said:

    Also, to add to my previous comment, I used to work at retail. Around Christmas time especially, I had little kids running up to me and asking me about FNaF. (One kid wanted to tell me allll about it lol) and then I had parents coming to me about FNaF, asking questions & occasionally mentioning the age of their child(ren). Most of them were under 14.

    So, if you wanna argue that FNaF isn’t childish, then I beg to differ. I can’t see it as something genuinely scary or anything that will leave a lasting impression on the horror genre.

    I will reiterate, I had Friday the 13th and Scream merch as a kidm guess GF needs to be removed from the game now? I mean he is for kids and all. Same goes for Demo and Freddy.

  • FNaF isn’t scary. Might as well have Mickey Mouse as a killer next lol

  • @catbeans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1448296#Comment_1448296

    I will reiterate, I had Friday the 13th and Scream merch as a kidm guess GF needs to be removed from the game now? I mean he is for kids and all. Same goes for Demo and Freddy.

    Dude, believe me, we’ve heard you. You’re like a broken record trying to defend your view. I get it, you think FNaF is creepy. Good for you.

  • @DeanWinchester said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1448314#Comment_1448314

    Dude, believe me, we’ve heard you. You’re like a broken record trying to defend your view. I get it, you think FNaF is creepy. Good for you.

    I don't, I dont think anything in DBD is creepy though. And I get it you have an ignorant opinion on something you never bothered to research. You are like a broken record trying to tell fans of something that the thing they like doesn't belong in the game we all play because reasons.

  • it is not serious that there are many people who want to add springtrap in dbd..

  • @catbeans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1448227#Comment_1448227

    Lnfao, I dressed up as Jason for Halloween as a kid. Guess Friday the 13th, is for kids. Same with Myers, Ghost Face, Freddy, ect. And all of those are silly btw. I'm not forcing anything, I'm defending others who want Springtrap because there is no reason he couldn't be in the game. Projection is an awful thing. Why force your views that FNAF is so awful on other people?

    I’m not forcing my views, you uneducated pleb. I said some people don’t find FNaF scary and you should respect that.

    At this point, overexposure to FNaF and Springtrap (and having obnoxious, close minded defenders like yourself) is making me seriously detest the idea. If he does get added, well then I can’t wait to relentlessly bully him as a survivor (:

  • @catbeans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1448320#Comment_1448320

    I don't, I dont think anything in DBD is creepy though. And I get it you have an ignorant opinion on something you never bothered to research. You are like a broken record trying to tell fans of something that the thing they like doesn't belong in the game we all play because reasons.

    I do know what FNAF is. Again, you’re assuming because you can’t accept anyone else’s opinions. Do you even know what a broken record is? I’m not telling everyone they’re wrong or responding negatively to every person who likes FNAF. I don’t care if people like it. I simply explained my viewpoint whereas you will go ahead and attack people who disagree with you.

    But anyway, I’m done with this discussion because there’s no point talking to someone who refuses to acknowledge anyone’s opinion but their own.

  • @Siberia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1448004#Comment_1448004

    You’re so annoying, forcing your opinion on everyone. It’s in the toy sections and children’s book sections & little kids act all giddy about FNaF. That’s enough for people to think it’s childish.

    FNAF isn’t scary. Some people find it childish. Just respect it instead of refusing to accept differing opinions and acting so rude about it.

    Anything that's popular can be overtaken by children, you could find cod lobbies where the entire objective was kill people endlessly and there'd still be little kids screaming at the top of their lungs for being killed.

    It's just factual that the lore of the games isn't child-friendly, it's just not, but because big youtubers with lot of children fans, the games also became invested with children. Also do you not see the "General Discussions?" We're humans, colliding opinions are only natural in a section where we're supposed to talk to each other, he didn't even insult the guy, just said the lore is morbid, that's it.

  • @DeanWinchester said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1448327#Comment_1448327

    I do know what FNAF is. Again, you’re assuming because you can’t accept anyone else’s opinions. Do you even know what a broken record is? I’m not telling everyone they’re wrong or responding negatively to every person who likes FNAF. I don’t care if people like it. I simply explained my viewpoint whereas you will go ahead and attack people who disagree with you.

    But anyway, I’m done with this discussion because there’s no point talking to someone who refuses to acknowledge anyone’s opinion but their own.

    Do you though? Who is Springtrap then? And no, it absolutely is not child friendly, that right there proves you dont know ######### because I used to think the same thing.

    BTW Supernatural is some kiddie Twilight #########.

  • @DeanWinchester said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1448327#Comment_1448327

    I do know what FNAF is. Again, you’re assuming because you can’t accept anyone else’s opinions. Do you even know what a broken record is? I’m not telling everyone they’re wrong or responding negatively to every person who likes FNAF. I don’t care if people like it. I simply explained my viewpoint whereas you will go ahead and attack people who disagree with you.

    But anyway, I’m done with this discussion because there’s no point talking to someone who refuses to acknowledge anyone’s opinion but their own.

    You literally dismiss the game as a children's game without actually acknowledging that the story is actually quite adult. You are dismissive of fans who want to see a character put into a game? Are you serious right now?

  • @catbeans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1448354#Comment_1448354

    Do you though? Who is Springtrap then? And no, it absolutely is not child friendly, that right there proves you dont know ######### because I used to think the same thing.

    BTW Supernatural is some kiddie Twilight #########.

    You’re just taking to insulting me now and dragging a fandom I’m into? Just because I don’t agree with you? I’m not even being aggressive with you and you wanna go straight into attack mode. A’ight then.

  • I think Markiplier already played this game.

    Like a couple of years ago

  • @DeanWinchester said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1448373#Comment_1448373

    You’re just taking to insulting me now and dragging a fandom I’m into? Just because I don’t agree with you? I’m not even being aggressive with you and you wanna go straight into attack mode. A’ight then.

    I mean it is full of fangirls swooning over the Winchesters. It's literally Twilight.

    I'm just using the same logic as you.

  • @catbeans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1448384#Comment_1448384

    I mean it is full of fangirls swooning over the Winchesters. It's literally Twilight.

    I'm just using the same logic as you.

    I do apologize though. I actually quite enjoyed Supernatural lol. But the idea is the same.

  • @DeanWinchester said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1448373#Comment_1448373

    You’re just taking to insulting me now and dragging a fandom I’m into? Just because I don’t agree with you? I’m not even being aggressive with you and you wanna go straight into attack mode. A’ight then.

    You cant judge a fandom based off a portion of its demographic.

  • This thread went to ######### real fast lol. Can I just say this? FNAF either is or isn't kid friendly, its not up for debate. While stuff like the books and other is in the kids section of places, the content within it is most certainly not. Its like seeing children costumes of ghostface and jason at party city, albeit at a much grander scale. And to those acting like FNAF sucks and is the pinnacle of trash, congratulations thats your opinion, its fine if you don't like it but spamming the same arguments over and over is only contributing to the problem. And to that one guy who keeps spamming ######### for FNAF, other people just don't like it, you've had some arguments with people spamming points that don't work, but you've also been telling people their opinion is wrong for no reason other than because you don't agree with it. So can everyone do everyone a favor and Shut The Hell Up? Thank you.

  • @LetsPlayTogether said:

    They wont come up with three licenced chapters in a row.

    They've done it before.

  • No because this is the 60th post and me and the lot that don’t want fnaf, are tired of explaining all the reasons Fnaf shouldn’t be in, Im just putting a short comment on this thread I am not in the mood for this to go on and on.

  • People don't like him for one reason alone: the cringy fans. Which is a ludicrous argument, because there is a high probability that they have all grown up. FNaF has been around for 5 years, those who got into it when they were 13-14 are now 18-19... around the minimum age group for this game, and have outgrown the cringy part of them. Besides, we got Robbie in this game... I don't see why Springtrap couldn't work.

  • @catbeans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1447798#Comment_1447798

    What a compelling argument. Do you even know what he looks like?

    A great question for him.

  • @not_Queef said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1447735#Comment_1447735

    Technically, Bubba was only a paragraph, not a full chapter.

    Also, Freddy is the perfect example of why people shouldn't be so quick to wish for licensed characters.

    We've had two different versions of Freddy and they are both are both absolutely rancid. He just doesn't fit into the game.

    Neither does this goofy-ass robot.

    Freddy toys with his victims. The entity wants that in a killer.

    Springtrap would do the same.

    And if you think he is goofy, we got Robbie in the silent hill chapter. If that isn't goofy, Idk what is...

  • @Raven014 said:

    People don't like him for one reason alone: the cringy fans. Which is a ludicrous argument, because there is a high probability that they have all grown up. FNaF has been around for 5 years, those who got into it when they were 13-14 are now 18-19... around the minimum age group for this game, and have outgrown the cringy part of them. Besides, we got Robbie in this game... I don't see why Springtrap couldn't work.

    That's a BIG reason for why people don't like it. It's certainly not the only reason. A vast amount of people have a distaste for the series as a whole because of the annoying, offputting fanbase that came with it. Wanting to stay distanced from that is a valid deisre.

    On all of these threads I see people repeatedly saying "Oh these people must not know what he looks like if they think he looks goofy!" or "Oh you just obviously don't know the story or you couldn't possibly think it's crap!" Guess what, most of us do know, because pictures and posted over and over, and the story is repeated over and over.

    The story is also all over the place and really weak. From what I understand, it's also retconned and changed with basically every entry to the series. We get it, kids died, forced into suits, the guy who did it got jammed in a suit and now he's possessing it. It's not good. It's childish and poorly written.

    The games also put horror into a really bad light with weak, cheap, jumpscare-based gameplay. There's no fear, there's just loud noises and sudden appearances. There's a difference between horror and a scare, and a series entirely built around the cheapest form of scares isn't good.

    Robbie is an iconic symbol from a video game that's been highly regarded for decades. FNaF is a flash in the pan that most people won't remember the second they aren't dumping out the clone sequels. Youtuber bait is not iconic.

  • I agree. It was a really great question to ask me. Best one ever.

  • @SCP_FOR_DBD said:

    This thread went to ######### real fast lol. Can I just say this? FNAF either is or isn't kid friendly, its not up for debate. While stuff like the books and other is in the kids section of places, the content within it is most certainly not. Its like seeing children costumes of ghostface and jason at party city, albeit at a much grander scale. And to those acting like FNAF sucks and is the pinnacle of trash, congratulations thats your opinion, its fine if you don't like it but spamming the same arguments over and over is only contributing to the problem. And to that one guy who keeps spamming ######### for FNAF, other people just don't like it, you've had some arguments with people spamming points that don't work, but you've also been telling people their opinion is wrong for no reason other than because you don't agree with it. So can everyone do everyone a favor and Shut The Hell Up? Thank you.

    I think you have a vast underestimation of what is for kids. It's not all smiles and rainbows.

    FNaF is about the same level of 'scary' as Goosebumps, and I can still remember them being popular when I was in grade 2, so what, 7 years old? To pretend a series isn't for children because it contains dark themes is just blatantly incorrect.

  • @Siberia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1448004#Comment_1448004

    You’re so annoying, forcing your opinion on everyone. It’s in the toy sections and children’s book sections & little kids act all giddy about FNaF. That’s enough for people to think it’s childish.

    FNAF isn’t scary. Some people find it childish. Just respect it instead of refusing to accept differing opinions and acting so rude about it.

    Bro you get heated so fast, you did the same exact thing on my thread lol. "Forcing your opinion on everyone" "FNAF isn't scary" pick one dude. FNAF HAS morbid lore behind it, that's not an opinion, that's a fact. A rotting corpse of a children serial killer who tortured his victims and stuffed them into robot suits and would've done so for much longer if he didn't get himself killed is pretty morbid.

  • @Zeon_99 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1448227#Comment_1448227

    Bro you get heated so fast, you did the same exact thing on my thread lol. "Forcing your opinion on everyone" "FNAF isn't scary" pick one dude. FNAF HAS morbid lore behind it, that's not an opinion, that's a fact. A rotting corpse of a children serial killer who tortured his victims and stuffed them into robot suits and would've done so for much longer if he didn't get himself killed is pretty morbid.

    Yeah I'm still pretty happy with McLean's reaction to being asked about it; "I don't really know about FNaF because I'm not 10."

  • @anarchy753 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1448416#Comment_1448416

    I think you have a vast underestimation of what is for kids. It's not all smiles and rainbows.

    FNaF is about the same level of 'scary' as Goosebumps, and I can still remember them being popular when I was in grade 2, so what, 7 years old? To pretend a series isn't for children because it contains dark themes is just blatantly incorrect.

    I'm sorry, but give me one episode of goosebumps were someone is locked inside walls when they're entire body is pierced from a suit reminiscent of the suits they used to stuff dead children into. You underestimate the gruesomeness of FNAF. If none of that is considered adult enough, what is? What makes something like stranger things so much more gruesome to children that FNAF doesn't have? Also, at my sisters school kids play a game called "Dead By Daylight" where they huddle in groups and tell stories about the killers in the game, they then play what is essentially hide and seek, and coincidentally they are in second grade too. So does this mean DBD is just a kids game?

  • @Hoodied said:

    mark has played this game before I believe

    And if so. Why care.

    Far better have this game in their streams. 🤦‍♂️

  • @anarchy753 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1449338#Comment_1449338

    Yeah I'm still pretty happy with McLean's reaction to being asked about it; "I don't really know about FNaF because I'm not 10."

    And? How did this have to do with anything I had to say?

  • @Lazerboy88 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1447422#Comment_1447422

    I’m 23 and I am against Fnaf joining, wouldn’t fit. If they do join, well maybe till later because there are way more important licenses to add before fnaf

    The thing is. Why does it have to be a Licensed content and instead, be completely original content.

    Adding Licensing content is just unimaginative and lazy.

  • Another thing against spring trap is ironically his backstory ends up being rather redundant due to Freddy Krueger being in the game.

    Also from a game play perspective of jump scare killer Freddy also takes up that spot by having no terror radius to those in the dream world and teleporting between generators.

    Where would you even fit Spring trap into the game when Freddy has more or less taken Spring trap's story and gameplay ideas already?

  • FNAF is cringe. I would rather get no chapter than anything FNAF.

  • When people say they want Springtr- I gag...

  • @Zeon_99 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1448227#Comment_1448227

    Bro you get heated so fast, you did the same exact thing on my thread lol. "Forcing your opinion on everyone" "FNAF isn't scary" pick one dude. FNAF HAS morbid lore behind it, that's not an opinion, that's a fact. A rotting corpse of a children serial killer who tortured his victims and stuffed them into robot suits and would've done so for much longer if he didn't get himself killed is pretty morbid.

    Okay fanboy. FNaF is trash. Bye 👋

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    I got the impression people are more adverse against fnaf in dbd not because of the potential killers, but because of the fandom. cross your heart, the fandom has (had) a very vocal part that rivalled the homestuck fandom in terms of how... invasive (?) they were towards other fandoms etc.

    It seems to be more a matter of bad associations in people than actual badness in the franchise.

    Tbf though, I can't imagine them being more toxic and frustrating than the current dbd community.

  • @SCP_FOR_DBD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1449323#Comment_1449323

    I'm sorry, but give me one episode of goosebumps were someone is locked inside walls when they're entire body is pierced from a suit reminiscent of the suits they used to stuff dead children into. You underestimate the gruesomeness of FNAF. If none of that is considered adult enough, what is? What makes something like stranger things so much more gruesome to children that FNAF doesn't have? Also, at my sisters school kids play a game called "Dead By Daylight" where they huddle in groups and tell stories about the killers in the game, they then play what is essentially hide and seek, and coincidentally they are in second grade too. So does this mean DBD is just a kids game?

    I haven't read Goosebumps in 2 decades so can't give examples from that but I do still have my Scary Stories to Tell in The Dark and there's plenty in the 3 volumes of those. These books are available at Scholastic book fairs in elementary schools and filled with stories of people dying in pretty violent ways.

    There's the Fishermen story where they take shelter in an old house. At night they hear what sounds like fighting upstairs, blood starts dripping from the ceiling and pooling on the floor, then they hear what sounds like dead body being dragged down stairs.

    There's the evening gown story where a girl rents a dress for a dance. By end of night she doesn't feel well and dies. They do autopsy and find she was poisoned by embalming fluid that was on dress because it was used in funeral then stolen before burial and sold to place girl had rented from.

    They have the Hearse Song which is about what happens when you die including listing what body parts the worms will eat and what happens to your body as it decomposes.

    Story of a woman that died after being in a coma. Grave robber tried to cut off her finger to steal her wedding ring, when he did she started to bleed. She stood up and walked out of her grave. As she walked away grave robber went to run but fell into grave onto the knife and bled to death.

    There's the story of the guy who made sausage from people. He gets caught because young boy he tried to kill escapes and people see him chasing the kid. The people go after him - he "disappears" either fed to his hogs or fed to his sausage grinder.

    Woman waiting for Subway notices three men, two are holding up man that looks like he's drunk. They all get on train and at first stop two men leave the drunk one saying they'll see him later. After they leave she sees blood trickling down his head from a bullet hole.

    There's Harold the scarecrow story - where two farmers, Tom and Al, make a life like scarecrow. They see it come to life and it freaks them out. After milking cows they realize they left the stools and draw straws for who goes back for them and Tom loses. After Tom doesn't return Al goes looking for him and sees Harold stretching out bloody skin to dry in the sun.

    Those are a handful of stories from the Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark series. It's compilation of horror stories for kids that are pretty gruesome.

    Also Watership Down which is both a kids book and movie. Here's carnage count from the movie.

    https://youtu.be/F7YL9O5dlBk

  • @Lazerboy88 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1447687#Comment_1447687

    No because this is the 60th post and me and the lot that don’t want fnaf, are tired of explaining all the reasons Fnaf shouldn’t be in, Im just putting a short comment on this thread I am not in the mood for this to go on and on.

    Perfect response for someone who has no reason.

  • @anarchy753 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1449294#Comment_1449294

    That's a BIG reason for why people don't like it. It's certainly not the only reason. A vast amount of people have a distaste for the series as a whole because of the annoying, offputting fanbase that came with it. Wanting to stay distanced from that is a valid deisre.

    On all of these threads I see people repeatedly saying "Oh these people must not know what he looks like if they think he looks goofy!" or "Oh you just obviously don't know the story or you couldn't possibly think it's crap!" Guess what, most of us do know, because pictures and posted over and over, and the story is repeated over and over.

    The story is also all over the place and really weak. From what I understand, it's also retconned and changed with basically every entry to the series. We get it, kids died, forced into suits, the guy who did it got jammed in a suit and now he's possessing it. It's not good. It's childish and poorly written.

    The games also put horror into a really bad light with weak, cheap, jumpscare-based gameplay. There's no fear, there's just loud noises and sudden appearances. There's a difference between horror and a scare, and a series entirely built around the cheapest form of scares isn't good.

    Robbie is an iconic symbol from a video game that's been highly regarded for decades. FNaF is a flash in the pan that most people won't remember the second they aren't dumping out the clone sequels. Youtuber bait is not iconic.

    DbD fanbase is cringy and toxic so what's the big deal?

1 2 3 4