Springtrap

So what's the deal with this springtrap drama? So apparently we know that the next two chapters are gonna be licenced because game files and what not.

Personally I would love to see five nights at freddys because I was a huge fan back then. Also, if they got this licence it would bring even more people than stranger things because fnaf was huge and also theres a big chance that Markiplier would play the game and I think that it is in BHVRs best interest to get such huge youtuber to play their game.

Comments

  • @Pawcelot said:

    I'd prefer Springtrap over Candyman, if anything. But.. its just Springtrap I'd want. The rest of the FNAF cast are.. lame.

    I enjoyed the Candyman movie, but I really think he is extremely boring as a killer. Not interested one bit.

    I guess that's how some people probably feel about FNAF

  • Lol no actual refuted point I see? "Cute pizza boy" "cute elephant clown". Now it's all the same. So either actually respond, or continue to try and be edgy and spit witty remarks to "argue".

    Hes also not a puppy....so swing and a miss.

    If you're going to attack a fanbase or character, at least do your research.

  • @TheVVitch said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1450385#Comment_1450385

    I agree, but that conversation just isn't happening. The pro FNAF people feel attacked because of the way the other side is conveying their opinion. "Trash, childish jumpscare game made for babies lel". Not much discussion to be had there.

    I would love to have a FNAF chapter, but these threads always spiral out of control because of how polarizing the franchise is.

    I wish people just had a nice calm discussion about it without people going into a frenzy. They have to realize the way the franchise was painted for kids is what killed it. And that in reality fnaf is a dark and disturbing game, I wish people could just understand that they just want a horror icon from a game they love to play, but again people just think that its a childish game, people even say this about Bendy and the ink machine, it is a game meant for babies they say. But personally I think it is a unique take on horror and people have to realize that not every horror game is like Resident evil, Last of us, Silent Hill, or Outlast even, they are just a different take on horror.

  • @Maperson said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1450386#Comment_1450386

    Thinking icon like Chucky is more comical that Fnaf xD your opinion, but imo Chucky Is defenitly better and has much more chance to be in game than Fnaf

    I'm not saying I dislike chucky. Or that he wouldnt fit. But all he does is make jokes and try to ######### jennifer tilly.

    Most of his "horror" is low budget effects and implication. Same as FnaF. ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    I got the impression people are more adverse against fnaf in dbd not because of the potential killers, but because of the fandom. cross your heart, the fandom has (had) a very vocal part that rivalled the homestuck fandom in terms of how... invasive (?) they were towards other fandoms etc.

    It seems to be more a matter of bad associations in people than actual badness in the franchise.

    examples?

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1450431#Comment_1450431

    Lol no actual refuted point I see? "Cute pizza boy" "cute elephant clown". Now it's all the same. So either actually respond, or continue to try and be edgy and spit witty remarks to "argue".

    Hes also not a puppy....so swing and a miss.

    If you're going to attack a fanbase or character, at least do your research.

    They are already in the game, there is no point saying what I think of them. But if you really want to know, elephant cosmetic looks stupid. Survivor cosmetics are what they are, no strong feelings about the.

    I'm not attacking fanbase, I just think Springtrap looks stupid and isn't even remotely scary. Oh wow, that thing isn't a puppy. Damn I did not know that.

  • @hahadrillgobrrr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1450451#Comment_1450451

    They are already in the game, there is no point saying what I think of them. But if you really want to know, elephant cosmetic looks stupid. Survivor cosmetics are what they are, no strong feelings about the.

    I'm not attacking fanbase, I just think Springtrap looks stupid and isn't even remotely scary. Oh wow, that thing isn't a puppy. Damn I did not know that.

    Ok so your point falls flat. You think he shouldnt be in game because you think he looks silly. Yet half of the cosmetics are silly, so THAT point isnt a reason to exclude him.


    Edit: not scary/stupid instead of silly.

  • @Maperson said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1450457#Comment_1450457

    Hey we all have different opinions and thats okay, but he defenitly has much better materials to be in the game. If you want to continue this discussion answer here.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1448273#Comment_1448273

    I'm not arguing that chucky SHOULDNT be in game. You're missing that entirely. And no, I dont think I will. Were discussing something else and I used him as a reference to make a very solid point. Ill continue it here, in the thread that it should be.


    Chucky would be fine in DBD, but people would have to admit that "pure scary horror" isnt what the game is. And nobody is willing to do that. Because if they did, it opens the doors for many others that they dont want, for no reason other than personal preference.

  • smash bros. petitioning DISNY they allow fnaf cosplays into the parks (without a trace of sarcasm). hijacking about each and every let's player demanding they play fnaf, no matter how often the person said they are not interested/no comfortable with the idea.

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1450423#Comment_1450423

    I wish people just had a nice calm discussion about it without people going into a frenzy. They have to realize the way the franchise was painted for kids is what killed it. And that in reality fnaf is a dark and disturbing game, I wish people could just understand that they just want a horror icon from a game they love to play, but again people just think that its a childish game, people even say this about Bendy and the ink machine, it is a game meant for babies they say. But personally I think it is a unique take on horror and people have to realize that not every horror game is like Resident evil, Last of us, Silent Hill, or Outlast even, they are just a different take on horror.

    Dude. So much yes! I think it's also that the Horror genre in general has expanded drastically over the past decade. There are so many different types of horror as opposed to the slasher flicks people grew up with in the 80s and 90s. The old school horror fans seem to have some pretty narrow views of what "is" and "isn't" horror. There's a sense of entitlement and polarization that has come about especially recently with films like The VVitch (hehe my dbd name), Midsommar, and Hereditary where the psychological horror isn't seen as "true horror". Films like The Babadook paved a way for these off-kilter horror entries that seemed to leave people either loving it or hating it.

    FNAF is somewhat the same. I'd argue the reason most people enjoy the lore of FNAF so much is how psychologically horrific it is. That horror is not really represented in the games though. Since the horror in FNAF is more psychological, it's divisive and add to that the game's more childish appearance, and you have a recipe for conflicting opinions.

  • No counter argument? I figured not. I accept your concession.

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1450465#Comment_1450465

    Ok so your point falls flat. You think he shouldnt be in game because you think he looks silly. Yet half of the cosmetics are silly, so THAT point isnt a reason to exclude him.

    Edit: not scary/stupid instead of silly.

    No my point doesn't fall flat. Just because there already are cosmetics that look stupid/silly doesn't mean I can't be against Springtrap or any other killer that would look stupid. So yes, that in MY opinion is a reason to exclude him. I don't need to have a compelling argument just to please you. I don't like something, I don't want it. How hard it is to understand so simple thing?

  • @hahadrillgobrrr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1450471#Comment_1450471

    No my point doesn't fall flat. Just because there already are cosmetics that look stupid/silly doesn't mean I can't be against Springtrap or any other killer that would look stupid. So yes, that in MY opinion is a reason to exclude him. I don't need to have a compelling argument just to please you. I don't like something, I don't want it. How hard it is to understand so simple thing?

    Your opinion absolutely is not a reason not to include him. This is not YOUR game. And your opinion is not more important than anyone elses.

  • @Maperson said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1450472#Comment_1450472

    Sorry, i just didn't want to brag it on different post, i agree with you that this game Is not pure scary horror, bcs of it is, Demogorgon wouldn't be in this game, i just think that Chucky also Is horror movie icon, up there with other slashers (im not the first one who said this), thanks for answering

    I agree completely. Demo shouldnt be here and Chucky is an actual horror icon.

    I just used him because people tend to say "it's silly or comedic" as an excuse. Which rules out a ton of other perfectly reasonable characters.

    The games core is gone. It's basically pandering to anything "partly" horror, so I dont see why people are so against an actual horror character.

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1449346#Comment_1449346

    I haven't read Goosebumps in 2 decades so can't give examples from that but I do still have my Scary Stories to Tell in The Dark and there's plenty in the 3 volumes of those. These books are available at Scholastic book fairs in elementary schools and filled with stories of people dying in pretty violent ways.

    There's the Fishermen story where they take shelter in an old house. At night they hear what sounds like fighting upstairs, blood starts dripping from the ceiling and pooling on the floor, then they hear what sounds like dead body being dragged down stairs.

    There's the evening gown story where a girl rents a dress for a dance. By end of night she doesn't feel well and dies. They do autopsy and find she was poisoned by embalming fluid that was on dress because it was used in funeral then stolen before burial and sold to place girl had rented from.

    They have the Hearse Song which is about what happens when you die including listing what body parts the worms will eat and what happens to your body as it decomposes.

    Story of a woman that died after being in a coma. Grave robber tried to cut off her finger to steal her wedding ring, when he did she started to bleed. She stood up and walked out of her grave. As she walked away grave robber went to run but fell into grave onto the knife and bled to death.

    There's the story of the guy who made sausage from people. He gets caught because young boy he tried to kill escapes and people see him chasing the kid. The people go after him - he "disappears" either fed to his hogs or fed to his sausage grinder.

    Woman waiting for Subway notices three men, two are holding up man that looks like he's drunk. They all get on train and at first stop two men leave the drunk one saying they'll see him later. After they leave she sees blood trickling down his head from a bullet hole.

    There's Harold the scarecrow story - where two farmers, Tom and Al, make a life like scarecrow. They see it come to life and it freaks them out. After milking cows they realize they left the stools and draw straws for who goes back for them and Tom loses. After Tom doesn't return Al goes looking for him and sees Harold stretching out bloody skin to dry in the sun.

    Those are a handful of stories from the Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark series. It's compilation of horror stories for kids that are pretty gruesome.

    Also Watership Down which is both a kids book and movie. Here's carnage count from the movie.

    https://youtu.be/F7YL9O5dlBk

    Thats fair, but this was in the 80's and the new movie, (which from what I can tell is just some stories from the book) was just rated pg-13. Considering Sega thought Mortal Kombat was appropriate for kids and R rated movies like Terminator and Robocop got kids toys, I think it's safe to say SSTTITD was another case of something being given to children when they shouldn't have had it, at least the stories you mentioned. I still don't see how FNAF can't be considered something like stranger things.

  • @catbeans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1450508#Comment_1450508

    Your opinion absolutely is not a reason not to include him. This is not YOUR game. And your opinion is not more important than anyone elses.

    Holy ######### you guys are dense. It is my opinion and I can say my opinion of why I don't want him added. This is not my game nor yours and it is up to devs if the thing gets added or not. I never said my opinion is more important than anyone elses. You knuckleheads just can't accept my opinion and just leave it be. You keep posting stupid ######### and won't accept anything that isn't a full blown essay. It really is ######### simple. So pull your heads out of your ######### asses already. #########.

  • @hahadrillgobrrr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1450471#Comment_1450471

    No my point doesn't fall flat. Just because there already are cosmetics that look stupid/silly doesn't mean I can't be against Springtrap or any other killer that would look stupid. So yes, that in MY opinion is a reason to exclude him. I don't need to have a compelling argument just to please you. I don't like something, I don't want it. How hard it is to understand so simple thing?

    It's not hard to understand, which is why I dont get how you cant. Your opinion is that springtrap is not scary or is stupid. Well, my opinion is that demo is stupid and nothing in game is scary anymore.

    It doesn't matter if it's in game yet or not. Your argument is based on his aesthetics and "percieved stupidity", which this game already has in droves.

    So, I'll spell it out for you again, if THAT is your criteria for him to not be in, it's irrelevant, because those things are ALREADY in game. Meaning they wont exclude "silly, stupid, or not scary" things.

    If you come back with more regurgitated "but but you're wrong" and cant understand a simple if then comparison and why it's the same #########, I'm notresponding. Period.

    Your point of "he looks stupid so he cant be in" is invalid.

  • Another dense one. Damn. It is a very valid reason. God ######### hell you are stupid. I cannot do anything about what has been added already or what is to be added but I can still very well voice my opinion and just because you don't like my reasoning, it doesn't make it invalid. Pull your head out of your ######### ass.

  • @hahadrillgobrrr said:

    Another dense one. Damn. It is a very valid reason. God ######### hell you are stupid. I cannot do anything about what has been added already or what is to be added but I can still very well voice my opinion and just because you don't like my reasoning, it doesn't make it invalid. Pull your head out of your ######### ass.

    Why did you feel the need to reply to someone elses opinion about wanting Springtrap? You did the same thing you claim we are doing.

  • @catbeans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1450553#Comment_1450553

    Why did you feel the need to reply to someone elses opinion about wanting Springtrap? You did the same thing you claim we are doing.

    I voiced my opinion once before you started asking for better arguments from me. I am allowed to express my opinion, just as you. I did not attack fanbase or OP. So can you please just try to understand such basic concept as OPINION. I have one, OP has one, everyone has one. I'm losing my marbles with this #########. I don't need to defend my opinion in any way, I don't like it, it is that simple. Accept it. It is my OPINION. It does NOT mean that it can't be added because like said earlier, I am not a dev. I have no control over it except expressing my OPINION about it. Do we have to do this once more? Or do you finally ######### understand?

  • @Ghost_Face_Main said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1447711#Comment_1447711

    But here's the thing: HOW will he work? Explain how "vents" exist on a map like Dead Dawg Saloon for example. Traversal or ranged attacks wouldn't be a power for killer that isn't even much of a killer in their current state, let alone even be armed with a weapon of any kind.

    Heres a quick concept. Move speed 115%. Terror Radius: 32m. Height: Tall. 1. Vents could show up like Jigsaw boxes, strewn around the map, upon which the survivor or killer can go in to another vent, they will both be undetectable. If springtrap and a survivor meet in a vent, they both appear at the end of springtraps destination, with the survivor being instadowned. 2. Upon downing a survivor, he can put them in a suit, he has 4 suits. The suit acts as a hook, saving him time. The survivors begin to bleed out on the floor, getting skillchecks every now and then. Another Survivor can help the suit one off the floor, this cancels the sacrifice bar and counts as an unhook. The survivor who just got saved still has the suit on, and will suffer a small speed penalty and will get random skillchecks every now and then, failing these skillchecks locks the survivor in place for a moment and they will scream. Survivors can get the suit off by going to another new interactable "Terminal", they will have to play a small skillcheck minigame, and they will then throw off the suit. His two abilities are decently powerful, so he gets nothing for a chase. Keep in mind that I'm not a dev, so my concept would likely pale in comparison to theirs.

  • @SCP_FOR_DBD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1449590#Comment_1449590

    Thats fair, but this was in the 80's and the new movie, (which from what I can tell is just some stories from the book) was just rated pg-13. Considering Sega thought Mortal Kombat was appropriate for kids and R rated movies like Terminator and Robocop got kids toys, I think it's safe to say SSTTITD was another case of something being given to children when they shouldn't have had it, at least the stories you mentioned. I still don't see how FNAF can't be considered something like stranger things.

    Mortal Kombat has had parents groups on it from the start because they did not want it targeted towards kids, they are the reason a video game rating system now exists. Since the rating system was put in place Mortal Kombat has been given a mature rating and the parents groups can no longer say it's targeted towards children. If they were to add a DLC from franchise targeted towards children though the parents groups would be all over them for trying to attract children to a mature game - which this here is why I think DBD should avoid DLC from kid targeted franchises.

    Stranger Things target audience is 18-40 year olds, which is the majority of their viewers and social media interactions. Their books are also written and released in sections for that target audience not the kids section. The only thing I see Stranger Things and Fnaf having in common is that they aren't classic horror franchises.

    I haven't seen the Scary Stories movie yet so can't say what was/wasn't changed from the books. Harry Potter is a kids book series and the last movie was PG-13 instead of PG like the rest of the series. The MPAA has odd standards between PG/PG13/R ratings. Be Cool is a great movie to watch because they point out how ridiculous it is - like how you can use certain swear words a certain number of times before a PG-13 movie becomes R. Many horror directors have discussed how inconsistent the MPAA are when it comes to rating movies. If you're into that sort of thing it is interesting to read up on.

    Fnaf the books are in kids section because the writer went with Scholastic for a publisher - they are a publisher for children's books and magazines they don't do adult (can check the about section of their website to confirm). If fnaf was not suitable for children Scholastic would not have given the writer a publishing deal. Instead the books are released through a publisher that only does kids books, put in the kids section, and it sells well with kids as target audience. From what I can tell parents groups have stayed quiet on fnaf being targeted towards kids - they'd be demanding the books removed from kids sections if it was not appropriate for them. If the writer did not want them to be seen as a kids series he could've gone to publishers that do more than just kids books like Penguin Random House, Hachette, HarperCollins, or even self-published with Amazon who have made it fairly easy for authors to do so with ebooks and paperbacks. If he went through one of those other publishers could say they put the books under the wrong category but going through a kids book only publisher can't use that excuse.

    Toys I really have no response on mainly because the toy industry is one I don't know much about. I always found it odd when I'd go to Toys R Us and see a Slasher action figure next to a Disney cartoon character. They seem to be more worried about choking hazard than anything. ๐Ÿ˜‚

  • @SCP_FOR_DBD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1449903#Comment_1449903

    Heres a quick concept. Move speed 115%. Terror Radius: 32m. Height: Tall. 1. Vents could show up like Jigsaw boxes, strewn around the map, upon which the survivor or killer can go in to another vent, they will both be undetectable. If springtrap and a survivor meet in a vent, they both appear at the end of springtraps destination, with the survivor being instadowned. 2. Upon downing a survivor, he can put them in a suit, he has 4 suits. The suit acts as a hook, saving him time. The survivors begin to bleed out on the floor, getting skillchecks every now and then. Another Survivor can help the suit one off the floor, this cancels the sacrifice bar and counts as an unhook. The survivor who just got saved still has the suit on, and will suffer a small speed penalty and will get random skillchecks every now and then, failing these skillchecks locks the survivor in place for a moment and they will scream. Survivors can get the suit off by going to another new interactable "Terminal", they will have to play a small skillcheck minigame, and they will then throw off the suit. His two abilities are decently powerful, so he gets nothing for a chase. Keep in mind that I'm not a dev, so my concept would likely pale in comparison to theirs.

    Eh its not far off with the suit part but vents, eh I don't know decent concept though

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1450548#Comment_1450548

    Mortal Kombat has had parents groups on it from the start because they did not want it targeted towards kids, they are the reason a video game rating system now exists. Since the rating system was put in place Mortal Kombat has been given a mature rating and the parents groups can no longer say it's targeted towards children. If they were to add a DLC from franchise targeted towards children though the parents groups would be all over them for trying to attract children to a mature game - which this here is why I think DBD should avoid DLC from kid targeted franchises.

    Stranger Things target audience is 18-40 year olds, which is the majority of their viewers and social media interactions. Their books are also written and released in sections for that target audience not the kids section. The only thing I see Stranger Things and Fnaf having in common is that they aren't classic horror franchises.

    I haven't seen the Scary Stories movie yet so can't say what was/wasn't changed from the books. Harry Potter is a kids book series and the last movie was PG-13 instead of PG like the rest of the series. The MPAA has odd standards between PG/PG13/R ratings. Be Cool is a great movie to watch because they point out how ridiculous it is - like how you can use certain swear words a certain number of times before a PG-13 movie becomes R. Many horror directors have discussed how inconsistent the MPAA are when it comes to rating movies. If you're into that sort of thing it is interesting to read up on.

    Fnaf the books are in kids section because the writer went with Scholastic for a publisher - they are a publisher for children's books and magazines they don't do adult (can check the about section of their website to confirm). If fnaf was not suitable for children Scholastic would not have given the writer a publishing deal. Instead the books are released through a publisher that only does kids books, put in the kids section, and it sells well with kids as target audience. From what I can tell parents groups have stayed quiet on fnaf being targeted towards kids - they'd be demanding the books removed from kids sections if it was not appropriate for them. If the writer did not want them to be seen as a kids series he could've gone to publishers that do more than just kids books like Penguin Random House, Hachette, HarperCollins, or even self-published with Amazon who have made it fairly easy for authors to do so with ebooks and paperbacks. If he went through one of those other publishers could say they put the books under the wrong category but going through a kids book only publisher can't use that excuse.

    Toys I really have no response on mainly because the toy industry is one I don't know much about. I always found it odd when I'd go to Toys R Us and see a Slasher action figure next to a Disney cartoon character. They seem to be more worried about choking hazard than anything. ๐Ÿ˜‚

    You make many a fair points, Mortal Kombat was definitely not a good example. However, the main stuff is the games, the demographic for those being mostly 12+ (FNAF 4 was rated M), not adult, but not kid either. Hell, the newest game was rated 15+. And stranger things has had plenty of kids stuff, action figures, DnD versions (DnD is a little iffy, considering it's also meant for adults), and weirdly enough a small arcade machine. https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/J~oAAOSwwfFeTFkT/s-l640.jpg (Sidenote am I the only one who really wants one?) So they also have kids merchandise. And when I mentioned Stranger Things I wasn't talking about if the demographic was for kids, I know its 18-40. I was asking what makes Stranger Things so much more adult. What pushes Stranger Things over the M/R rated line that FNAF doesn't have? I personally think FNAF would be a good option a few years down the line. When the games become more mature and the movie comes out, and when we've gotten some of the bigger licences.

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1450597#Comment_1450597

    Eh its not far off with the suit part but vents, eh I don't know decent concept though

    Yeah, I only used them because I was asked to elaborate on them specifically. If given the choice I probably would have used something else.

  • @catbeans said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1449446#Comment_1449446

    And I gagged when people got excited for kiddie fun time Stranger Things.

    The two share nothing so cool I guess.

    Nobody actually wants Springtrap. A couple of Youtubers uploaded fan-made stuff and now the community is going crazy over it.

  • @SCP_FOR_DBD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1450726#Comment_1450726

    You make many a fair points, Mortal Kombat was definitely not a good example. However, the main stuff is the games, the demographic for those being mostly 12+ (FNAF 4 was rated M), not adult, but not kid either. Hell, the newest game was rated 15+. And stranger things has had plenty of kids stuff, action figures, DnD versions (DnD is a little iffy, considering it's also meant for adults), and weirdly enough a small arcade machine. https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/J~oAAOSwwfFeTFkT/s-l640.jpg (Sidenote am I the only one who really wants one?) So they also have kids merchandise. And when I mentioned Stranger Things I wasn't talking about if the demographic was for kids, I know its 18-40. I was asking what makes Stranger Things so much more adult. What pushes Stranger Things over the M/R rated line that FNAF doesn't have? I personally think FNAF would be a good option a few years down the line. When the games become more mature and the movie comes out, and when we've gotten some of the bigger licences.

    I have the arcade game, was less than $10 at Target when I bought it. ๐Ÿ˜‚

    Aside from the violence they both have, Stranger Things also has sexual content, language, and smoking/drinking - people get ridiculously mad about an adult in the 80s smoking.

    Like I said before about toys, I do find it weird to sell action figures from adult targeted franchises next to kid targeted ones. With adult toy collectors in the mix the toy industry is just a whole lot of grey area to me. ๐Ÿ˜‚ DnD I would say youngest playing it is probably early teens, not sure any younger would be able to focus on a campaign long enough unless playing with older sibling or something.

    For the games I went to the esrb site and the only one I see is for the 4th one being rated Teen, so 13+. The rest are parents on rating feedback websites saying 9/10 is good age with handful causing the average to jump to 12+ by saying it should be 17+ because it's demonic and you're going to burn if you play it - dying at those reviews. Based on those parent sites most seem to see atleast the first few fnaf games as a kids game.

    I said it on my first comment in here, if anything they should do original animatronic instead of license. It gets rid of the target audience being kids argument as well as avoids parents groups. They would have more freedom with the DLC lore, cosmetics, map, design, etc. and you could get it for iridescent shards.

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1450768#Comment_1450768

    I have the arcade game, was less than $10 at Target when I bought it. ๐Ÿ˜‚

    Aside from the violence they both have, Stranger Things also has sexual content, language, and smoking/drinking - people get ridiculously mad about an adult in the 80s smoking.

    Like I said before about toys, I do find it weird to sell action figures from adult targeted franchises next to kid targeted ones. With adult toy collectors in the mix the toy industry is just a whole lot of grey area to me. ๐Ÿ˜‚ DnD I would say youngest playing it is probably early teens, not sure any younger would be able to focus on a campaign long enough unless playing with older sibling or something.

    For the games I went to the esrb site and the only one I see is for the 4th one being rated Teen, so 13+. The rest are parents on rating feedback websites saying 9/10 is good age with handful causing the average to jump to 12+ by saying it should be 17+ because it's demonic and you're going to burn if you play it - dying at those reviews. Based on those parent sites most seem to see atleast the first few fnaf games as a kids game.

    I said it on my first comment in here, if anything they should do original animatronic instead of license. It gets rid of the target audience being kids argument as well as avoids parents groups. They would have more freedom with the DLC lore, cosmetics, map, design, etc. and you could get it for iridescent shards.

    I never understood why people got mad about smoking in the 80's, thats just how it was. And if the only thing is smoking plus sexy times, I don't see why not, its not like any of those things are in dbd. Funnily enough the only rating I could find on the esrb's website was the VR game being 15+. I couldn't even find FNAF 4. The only age ratings I keep finding is for the general series, which is 12+. I did find the parent reviews, I can't believe people. As for an original, I wouldn't mind it but I'd prefer springtrap, its kinda like having trapper instead of jason, sure they're similar but its not the same y'know?

  • @MeltingPenguins said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1450459#Comment_1450459

    smash bros. petitioning DISNY they allow fnaf cosplays into the parks (without a trace of sarcasm). hijacking about each and every let's player demanding they play fnaf, no matter how often the person said they are not interested/no comfortable with the idea.

    Also without a trace of easy to follow evidence. I can't find anything about smash bros petitioning disney to allow fnaf cosplay into the parks. And what's more, I'm not entirely sure what you mean by smash bros or parks. Smash bros makes me think of the game Super Smash Brother which doesn't have anything to do with FNaF, and I couldn't find any other entity called smash bros cause every link was to something about the game. I assume by parks, you mean Disney Land and Disney world but all my searches that turned up those were about petitions for other stuff or about the coronavirus. I have no idea what you're referring to and I can't find any articles that explain it.

    The phrase "hijacking about each and every let's player" is pretty ridiculous considering you're describing what happens every single time there's a popular game to be watched playing. I guess each and every let's player got hijacked when Getting Over It came out, when Undertale came out, when Jump Knight came out, when Spooky's House of Jumpscares came out, and when god knows what countless number of other popular games came out.

  • Sure, go ahead and stroke your ego buddy, not gonna respond to someone with a paragraph of reasons why springtrap wouldnโ€™t work when in response ill probly get some crappy return argument bye done with this thread

  • @Lazerboy88 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1447422#Comment_1447422

    Iโ€™m 23 and I am against Fnaf joining, wouldnโ€™t fit. If they do join, well maybe till later because there are way more important licenses to add before fnaf

    I'm 23 so it's not good enough? I mean I'm 22 and I think it fits the aesthetic and would be more or less enthused about the concept.

    I also notice some people talk a lot about old slashers from the 80s. I love the hell out of old slashers which is why DBD appeals to me in the first place. Scream is my favorite, Friday the 13th after that, kinda indifferent to Halloween, never finished Nightmare on Elm Street, just turned it off and never turned it on again, I ought to. Sleepaway camp, no one talks about that one.

    Basically, despite enjoying many 80s slashers (some not even listed here, you get the idea.) I'm not adverse to the FNaF setting. It's really not that big a deal. Let the guys take FNaF if they want. Either it gets in or it doesn't. At the end of the day if you don't like a character you don't like them. Play the game or don't, who cares, take the DC penalty, hang up your survivor coat so you don't face him until the initial joy is dead. Idk. Y'all just need to let it go.

    That aside I could think of a good idea for that chapter but y'all would just be mad there and I'd be saturating the forums anyways. Sometimes you just can't help people. ๐Ÿคท

  • It would be neat for them to bring this in. However, and this is nothing against you, a large number of the fan base are younger children. Other than the fact that I really really don't want younger children playing this game because of the concept of the game (we love it, but be honest, it's crazy brutal). I also don't want this to turn into a game that welcomes ten year olds. It's just going to make things messy. I like your line of thinking, but I feel like it would bring more drama into the community.

  • @KasumiFox said:

    It would be neat for them to bring this in. However, and this is nothing against you, a large number of the fan base are younger children. Other than the fact that I really really don't want younger children playing this game because of the concept of the game (we love it, but be honest, it's crazy brutal). I also don't want this to turn into a game that welcomes ten year olds. It's just going to make things messy. I like your line of thinking, but I feel like it would bring more drama into the community.

    ngl chief, if 10 year olds are playing this game and the problem is the R rated-ness of the game, at the end of the day it falls on their parents for not parenting. Call me old fashioned or whatever but if you don't want your kid doing something you tell them not to. Parents these days don't even enforce their own rules and that's why 10 year olds end up playing Dead By Daylight because Springtrap is cool to them.

  • @BlooperReel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1680825#Comment_1680825

    ngl chief, if 10 year olds are playing this game and the problem is the R rated-ness of the game, at the end of the day it falls on their parents for not parenting. Call me old fashioned or whatever but if you don't want your kid doing something you tell them not to. Parents these days don't even enforce their own rules and that's why 10 year olds end up playing Dead By Daylight because Springtrap is cool to them.

    I know. Parents really should watch their kids better. I guess I'm too much of a worrier when it comes to other people. Springtrap would be really cool, provided he doesn't make those awful screeching noise some of the characters in FNAF make. That's my only request there.

1 2 3 4 โ€บ