Oh, the famous "Add-on" pass again. Just slap a cooldown bar into every killer and be done with it.

Christ, I don't even play Billy, and I'm upset as hell.

Can we, for the love of god, stop touching things that nobody is asking for?


Billy is regarded as the most balanced killer in the entire game, requiring a lot of skill to be played on a decent level, while also offering plenty of counterplay by just basic looping.

His basekit is fine, the same way NUrse's basekit was fine.

Stop with this terrible track record already. You've already gutted Legion, Nerfed unasked for basekit Nurse, and now your touching the MOST BALANCED KILLER IN THE GAME, let me repeat, MOST BALANCED KILLER IN THE GAME.

Good lord, what happened to the team that worked on Spirit changes?

Comments

  • @Sylorknag said:

    Christ, I don't even play Billy, and I'm upset as hell.

    Canwe for the love of god, stop touching thingst that nobody is asking for?

    Billy is regarded as the most balanced killer in the entire game, requiring a lot of skill to be played on a decent level, while also offering plaenty of counterplay by just basic looping.

    His basekit i fine, the same way NUrse's basekit was fine.

    Stop with this terrible track record already. You've already gutted Legion, Nerfed unasked for basekit Nurse, and now your touching the MOST BALANCED KILLER IN THE GAME, let me repeat, MOST BALANCED KILLER IN THE GAME.

    Good lord, what happened to the team that worked on Spirit changes?

    Nurse's basekit wasn't fine, it needed some toning down. Although, I agree it was too much.

    Wait until it comes into the PTB and start complaining; This won't do anything but make the minimum skill required to play him a teeny bit more.

  • @RockoRango said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/168164/oh-the-famous-add-on-pass-again-just-slap-a-cooldown-bar-into-every-killer-and-be-done-with-it

    Nurse's basekit wasn't fine, it needed some toning down. Although, I agree it was too much.

    Wait until it comes into the PTB and start complaining; This won't do anything but make the minimum skill required to play him a teeny bit more.

    Hve you ever tried playing Nurse?

    It's awful, you have to go through your fatigue, and then wait for the cooldown.

    If the cooling off mechanic is as slow as shown in the video, yeah, it's going to feel terribly playing Billy.

  • As a billy main im not disappointed

    If you just use the chainsaw optimally you'll be fine

  • @Sylorknag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1407858#Comment_1407858

    Hve you ever tried playing Nurse?

    It's awful, you have to go through your fatigue, and then wait for the cooldown.

    If the cooling off mechanic is as slow as shown in the video, yeah, it's going to feel terribly playing Billy.

    Are you trying to assume I don't play Nurse? I'm a top-tier one, lmao

    RockoRango.ttv

  • How Dare BHVR make changes to Killers, why can't they just stay the same forever? REEEEE

  • @RockoRango said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/168164/oh-the-famous-add-on-pass-again-just-slap-a-cooldown-bar-into-every-killer-and-be-done-with-it

    Nurse's basekit wasn't fine, it needed some toning down. Although, I agree it was too much.

    Wait until it comes into the PTB and start complaining; This won't do anything but make the minimum skill required to play him a teeny bit more.

    I have faced like 10 nurses since her ner... cough rework. Most of the time they aren't doing too well either. Maybe these god nurses exist somewhere but i don't see them

  • @Callmehandsome said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1407858#Comment_1407858

    I have faced like 10 nurses since her ner... cough rework. Most of the time they aren't doing too well either. Maybe these god nurses exist somewhere but i don't see them

    I'm right here.

    Also, I didn't say that Nurse's rework wasn't overkill; I said it was.

    @RockoRango said:

    I'm fine with the current state of Nurse, but it doesn't mean it's not annoying to wait 6 seconds before I can double blink again. The new Overheat on Hillbilly looks like it would be great on Nurse aswell, so why not have Nurse incorporate the same change (with a few tweaks)?

    Lore-wise, it would be massive fatigue from blinking too much causing her to be unable to blink if she blinks too much.

    Gameplay wise, Nurse could have the same type of cooldown when it comes to holding/charging blinks. She can't hold a blink in her hand for too long or charge too many blinks, as it would scar her hand and we would have to wait until the scaring is gone to continue blinking.

    I made this.

  • @BabyBubbaMain said:

    How Dare BHVR make changes to Killers, why can't they just stay the same forever? REEEEE

    You generally don't change things that aren't causing problems in the game, especially when there's a mountain full of things still needing fixing.

    You don't fix something that isn't broken. You don't have to be a genius to know that.

  • I support giving Pig a meter that recovers Reverse Bear Traps.

  • @RockoRango said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/168164/oh-the-famous-add-on-pass-again-just-slap-a-cooldown-bar-into-every-killer-and-be-done-with-it

    Nurse's basekit wasn't fine, it needed some toning down. Although, I agree it was too much.

    Wait until it comes into the PTB and start complaining; This won't do anything but make the minimum skill required to play him a teeny bit more.

    The changes not only raised the minimum skill required to play him, but is also limited those at the top too. When you only make downsides and limits in a change, it makes both the top and bottom of the skill gap smaller.

  • Before I talk.

    Would I be able to get a source? Was there a post or video? Are they really planning on changing Hill Billy?


    The Addons could use a change.

    Being able to stack Primer Bulb and Carburettor Tuning Guide is pretty crazy. Or Thompson's Mix with the Bulb or Guide is also very strong. Especially in maps with fewer pallets/harder to find, or maybe someone used a lot of them. That is when stacking these addons can shred about any team, as the reaction time has to be known, and the Billy can trick you still with the revving time. Needless to say, it is quite strong in certain scenarios, and it makes short work of pallets in general.


    He does not need such stacking to be strong. His base-kit is good enough. I say give him some sort of Ultra Rare or 2, since every killer gets that. Make Thompson's Mix not have the "Chainsaw Charge Time" effect, and remove Primer Bulb. Then the only one with "Chainsaw Charge Time" reduction is Tuning Guide. One effect like this is plenty. Of course, it would slightly nerf him, at least in the Addon department. Billy is quite balanced without addons as I said before though, and I do think even with addons he is still very balanced. But he can still get looped into oblivion by any competent survivor.


    I do not think Billy should be one of their main focus's of concern, but what do I know.


    Those are just my suggestions. Regardless, I will be highly critical of any and all changes they might make to my personal favorite and go to killer of the past 4 years. I can guarantee you that.

  • @coppersly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1407858#Comment_1407858

    The changes not only raised the minimum skill required to play him, but is also limited those at the top too. When you only make downsides and limits in a change, it makes both the top and bottom of the skill gap smaller.

    While this could be true, it depends on how it affects his gameplay. We won't know until the PTB comes out, but what I know for sure is that it will at least take more skill to play Billy (Not that I'm saying he didn't take any skill).

  • @TAG said:

    I support giving Pig a meter that recovers Reverse Bear Traps.

    difference is thatd be a buff lol

  • I am going by what the title says. ;)

  • @RockoRango said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1407975#Comment_1407975

    While this could be true, it depends on how it affects his gameplay. We won't know until the PTB comes out, but what I know for sure is that it will at least take more skill to play Billy (Not that I'm saying he didn't take any skill).

    I'm all for requiring more skill. But not for limiting it without offering anything else in return.

  • And yet Trapper can place a trap, and then immediately place another one! Clown can throw two bottles in a row! I think I know what is coming next!

  • @Swiftblade131 said:

    Before I talk.

    Would I be able to get a source? Was there a post or video? Are they really planning on changing Hill Billy?

    The Addons could use a change.

    Being able to stack Primer Bulb and Carburettor Tuning Guide is pretty crazy. Or Thompson's Mix with the Bulb or Guide is also very strong. Especially in maps with fewer pallets/harder to find, or maybe someone used a lot of them. That is when stacking these addons can shred about any team, as the reaction time has to be known, and the Billy can trick you still with the revving time. Needless to say, it is quite strong in certain scenarios, and it makes short work of pallets in general.

    He does not need such stacking to be strong. His base-kit is good enough. I say give him some sort of Ultra Rare or 2, since every killer gets that. Make Thompson's Mix not have the "Chainsaw Charge Time" effect, and remove Primer Bulb. Then the only one with "Chainsaw Charge Time" reduction is Tuning Guide. One effect like this is plenty. Of course, it would slightly nerf him, at least in the Addon department. Billy is quite balanced without addons as I said before though, and I do think even with addons he is still very balanced. But he can still get looped into oblivion by any competent survivor.

    I do not think Billy should be one of their main focus's of concern, but what do I know.

    Those are just my suggestions. Regardless, I will be highly critical of any and all changes they might make to my personal favorite and go to killer of the past 4 years. I can guarantee you that.

    I just saw the changes they're planning to do. You can check them here:

    @Peanits said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/BTLCRJJGYD1W/devupdatejuly.png

    We’re back with another Developer Update, a series of blogposts detailing various changes coming to Dead by Daylight in the near future. This time around, we’re diving into everything chainsaw related, as well as some quality of life improvements coming to the game.

    The Cannibal Update

    In the 4.1.0 update, we’ve taken some time to revisit Leatherface, as well as some of his perks and his add-ons.

    Base Kit Changes

    First, The Cannibal’s chainsaw now activates like the Hillbilly’s, rather than needing to be fully charged and then released. This small change prevents instances where you release the button a sliver too early and cancel your chainsaw accidentally. You won’t want to hold it for too long, though, or else Leatherface will go into a tantrum.

    Bubba’s Chainsaw now has three charges by default. When starting your Chainsaw Sweep, one of these charges will be consumed. Pressing the power button again while the sweep is active will refresh it and consume another charge, allowing you to continue using your chainsaw for another two seconds. You’ll want to assess the situation carefully, though: Each charge you use will also extend the tantrum and missed attack cooldown, so using more charges can backfire if you’re not able to follow through. Charges refill automatically at a rate of one every few seconds.

    Additionally, Leatherface’s maximum movement speed while using his power has been increased from 5.06m/s to 5.29m/s. This, in conjunction with the other changes mentioned above, will make The Cannibal feel much better to play as and much more threatening to play against.

    Here’s a preview of the changes in action…

    https://youtu.be/IcB3fSRGZs8

    Add-on Changes

    We’ve done a pass on The Cannibal’s add-ons, with nearly all of them receiving some sort of change. These changes will modernize his add-ons and bring them in line with the standards for Killer add-ons, which are:

    • 4 common
    • 5 uncommon
    • 5 rare
    • 4 very rare
    • 2 ultra rare

    There’s far too many add-ons to list them all here, but here’s a few examples of what you can expect:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/XPOBE76FO6TB/annotation-2020-06-29-153000-2.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/XYTAT5WX7BW4/annotation-2020-06-29-153000.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/YXGSNHT6EJSB/annotation-2020-06-29-153000-3.png

    We’re looking forward to seeing what you guys can do with these new add-ons!

    Perk Changes

    Finally, we’ve reviewed some of Leatherface’s perks to make them more appealing.

    Franklin’s Demise

    Your vicious attacks make the Survivors drop their item on impact. 

    The lost item will be consumed by the Entity after 120/100/90 seconds if it is not picked up before the timer runs out.

    Reveal the aura of items on the ground within 32/32/32 meters in a white aura. The aura of items fade to red until they are consumed by the Entity.

    Knock Out

    Survivors put into the dying state by your basic attacks are not revealed to other Survivors when they are standing outside of a 32/24/16 meter range. 

    Survivors put into the dying state by your basic attacks crawl 50/50/50% slower for 15/15/15 seconds.

    During this time, Survivors are affected by the Blindness status effect.

    The Hillbilly Update

    Keeping with the theme of everything chainsaws, The Hillbilly is also receiving some changes in this update. For the most part, we are happy with the way The Hillbilly performs. His power is very versatile, allowing him to quickly traverse the map, zone out Survivors and instantly down them. From a Survivor’s perspective, there is also a reasonable amount of counterplay, leading to interesting chases where the best player often comes out on top.

    Base Kit Changes

    Given that we’re already pretty happy with the way The Hillbilly performs, the changes to his base kit are minimal. We are not removing any of the options you have with his chainsaw (traversal, feathering, curving, etc.). Instead, we want to focus on the skill-based gameplay and put an emphasis on using your chainsaw effectively, only adding a small drawback to misusing your chainsaw.

    In 4.1.0, The Hillbilly’s chainsaw will now feature a new Overheat mechanic. Revving the chainsaw will now cause it to accumulate heat, which can be seen both in the lower left corner around the power icon and on the chainsaw itself. Sprinting with the chainsaw will also cause it to heat up as a much lower rate. This heat will dissipate over time whenever the chainsaw is not being used.

    If the Overheat meter fills up completely, it can no longer be used until it has completely cooled down. When this happens, it will cool down at an increased rate. If the chainsaw overheats as you are sprinting, your sprint will not be interrupted.

    The goals behind this change is to add a small drawback to misusing the chainsaw, and to add a bit more depth to the chainsaw with resource management.

    Check out the Overheat mechanic in action…

    https://youtu.be/HJK95Srk5WI

    Add-on Changes

    Like The Cannibal, we’ve done a pass on The Hillbilly’s add-ons and brought them up to date with the rest of the roster. Once again, we can’t list all of them here, but we look forward to seeing what you can do with them!

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/CMS4F21QWIF7/annotation-2020-07-02-145502.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/83MCQ0B0R0TH/annotation-2020-07-02-145502-2.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/DIV4KIXNNNNC/annotation-2020-07-02-145502-3.png

    Perk Changes

    We’ve also taken the opportunity to revisit two of The Hillbilly’s lesser used perks and spruce them up.

    Lightborn

    Unlike other beasts of The Fog, you have adapted to light. You are immune to blindness caused by flashlights and firecrackers. Survivors that attempt blinding you have their aura revealed for 6/8/10 seconds.

    Tinkerer

    When a Generator is repaired to 70% repair progress, it triggers a loud noise notification and you are granted the Undetectable status effect for 12/14/16 seconds.

     

    Server Improvements

    Currently, hits are handled on the Killer’s end. If they appear to be within range of a Survivor, they will be able to hit them. In most cases, this works well: The Killer is able to reliably hit Survivors, and the Survivors see roughly the same thing on their end with a small amount of latency. If the Killer has a weak connection to the server, however, it can cause some strange looking hits that appear to be out of range, most notably at pallets and windows.

    During this upcoming Player Test Build (PTB), we’ll be testing Server Side Hit Validation. Any time the Killer hits a Survivor, the server will check and see if the hit was possible within a reasonable margin. If the Survivor was too far to be hit, the hit is negated.

    To put it simply, if you have a stable connection, you won’t notice any difference as the Killer. Your hits will still appear instantaneously and should not be rejected. As a Survivor, however, a Killer with a weak connection should no longer be able to hit your from further away due to their high latency.

    Second, we'll be increasing the tick rate of our servers from 30Hz to 60Hz. Basically, this means that the servers sends out information twice as frequently as before, so what you see as a result is more accurate.

    We will be monitoring these changes closely over the course of the PTB before proceeding further.

    Promo Code System

    Last but not least, a new promo code system will appear in the in-game store. This system is exactly as it sounds: It allows you to redeem a promo code for in-game goodies on any platform.

    Starting will the mid-chapter update, you’ll notice a “Redeem Code” button in the featured page of the store. Clicking this button will bring up a menu where you can enter your promo code to unlock a reward. These rewards can be anything from clothing to Bloodpoints, or even Auric Cells.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/4EQ0V3MZHY61/code.png

    Keep your eyes peeled once this system goes out, you’ll have a chance to get some codes soon!

    This brings us to the end of the July 2020 Developer Update. All of the changes and new features mentioned above will be available for testing in the Player Test Build, opening Tuesday, July 7th. We look forward to hearing what you think once you’ve had a chance to try them out!

    The Dead by Daylight team


  • @Swiftblade131 said:

    Before I talk.

    Would I be able to get a source? Was there a post or video? Are they really planning on changing Hill Billy?

    The Addons could use a change.

    Being able to stack Primer Bulb and Carburettor Tuning Guide is pretty crazy. Or Thompson's Mix with the Bulb or Guide is also very strong. Especially in maps with fewer pallets/harder to find, or maybe someone used a lot of them. That is when stacking these addons can shred about any team, as the reaction time has to be known, and the Billy can trick you still with the revving time. Needless to say, it is quite strong in certain scenarios, and it makes short work of pallets in general.

    He does not need such stacking to be strong. His base-kit is good enough. I say give him some sort of Ultra Rare or 2, since every killer gets that. Make Thompson's Mix not have the "Chainsaw Charge Time" effect, and remove Primer Bulb. Then the only one with "Chainsaw Charge Time" reduction is Tuning Guide. One effect like this is plenty. Of course, it would slightly nerf him, at least in the Addon department. Billy is quite balanced without addons as I said before though, and I do think even with addons he is still very balanced. But he can still get looped into oblivion by any competent survivor.

    I do not think Billy should be one of their main focus's of concern, but what do I know.

    Those are just my suggestions. Regardless, I will be highly critical of any and all changes they might make to my personal favorite and go to killer of the past 4 years. I can guarantee you that.

    Sorry. Here you have the link:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/167809

  • @JawsIsTheNextKiller said:

    And yet Trapper can place a trap, and then immediately place another one! Clown can throw two bottles in a row! I think I know what is coming next!

    Don't give them ideas. Please

    I remember I used to laugh with my brother about how every new killer has some sort of power gauge and that Hillbilly was going to get one but never thought they'd do it.

  • @Sylorknag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1407858#Comment_1407858

    Hve you ever tried playing Nurse?

    It's awful, you have to go through your fatigue, and then wait for the cooldown.

    If the cooling off mechanic is as slow as shown in the video, yeah, it's going to feel terribly playing Billy.

    Nurse is fine, optimization is key to most killers. They're trying to make you think about how you play other killers now instead of aimlessly blinking around the map or in this case continuously chainsawing around the map.

  • @LeftPreston said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1407878#Comment_1407878

    Nurse is fine, optimization is key to most killers. They're trying to make you think about how you play other killers now instead of aimlessly blinking around the map or in this case continuously chainsawing around the map.

    You're going to give me a tumor with that parroted argument.

    There is no mindless chainsawing or blinking. They never ever EVER give you reward (hits/downs) unless a survivor is literally walking in front of you. You always had to aim, time, and execute the maneuver to get ANY reward from it.

  • @LeftPreston said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1407878#Comment_1407878

    Nurse is fine, optimization is key to most killers. They're trying to make you think about how you play other killers now instead of aimlessly blinking around the map or in this case continuously chainsawing around the map.

    Nurse is playable and viable, but she's not fine. Of course she's annoying to play when you have an insane cooldown, but the main problem was that it punishes new players for trying Nurse while doing nothing to stop god Nurses from dominating.

  • Bubba, Nurse, & Spirit are my top 3 hated killers. The first two because I hate playing them. I'm glad to see Bubba getting some love, but man Nurse could use something. I suppose she can remain the veteran's killer -- someone willing to put the effort into learning her, but it won't ever be me with how she is now. Top that with the fatigue that messes with my eyes.

    Spirit when playing as a survivor and you know why. If they were going to go after any killer, you'd think it would be her.

    I can't once remember complaining about Billy, besides the obvious "crap I was downed just now." And I complain a lot to my poor SWF husband.

    Edit 10 minutes later~*: I completely forgot about Clown and if that doesn't say something idk what does.

  • @coppersly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1408087#Comment_1408087

    You're going to give me a tumor with that parroted argument.

    There is no mindless chainsawing or blinking. They never ever EVER give you reward (hits/downs) unless a survivor is literally walking in front of you. You always had to aim, time, and execute the maneuver to get ANY reward from it.

    Im just saying 7 blinks was too much

  • You think that's bad?

    Wait until they do a Huntress "Add-on pass" and give her a "Stamina" cooldown mechanic so you wont be able to throw more than 2 hatchets in a short period of time.

  • ??

    The most she ever had was 6 I think waaaaaaaaay back in the day and I'm not even sure if the +3 blink addons were there yet or not.

    5 blinks was common for a long time but I, and many others, were fine with losing it (not all of her addons but whatever)

    Now the only extra blinks you can get disable the single best part about them.


    @SpyMature stop don't give them any ideas it's clear they listened to our jokes about the chainsaw bois.

  • @Respectfulnancymain said:

    As a billy main im not disappointed

    If you just use the chainsaw optimally you'll be fine

    Billy main here too and I'm not disappointed. Actually looking forward to using pallet addon.

  • @coppersly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1408112#Comment_1408112

    ??

    The most she ever had was 6 I think waaaaaaaaay back in the day and I'm not even sure if the +3 blink addons were there yet or not.

    5 blinks was common for a long time but I, and many others, were fine with losing it (not all of her addons but whatever)

    Now the only extra blinks you can get disable the single best part about them.

    @SpyMature stop don't give them any ideas it's clear they listened to our jokes about the chainsaw bois.

    It was 6, ye.

    I, along with everyone else who knew how Nurse worked or even tried to play her for one match, would've been fine with the removal of those long before the add-on rework. The 3-blink crappy iridescent makes Nurse unplayable now, I don't even know why it's an add-on in the first place (not that I'm complaining, since I don't use add-ons).

    Even when you're an optimal Nurse, the current cooldown is just plain annoying. It would be fine without it, or even having 3 charges would be enough to warrant her current state.

  • This change brought to you by the balance team who believed, years later, there was some secrets to uncover to make Clown super strong.

  • I’m not going to be surprised if BHVR’s plan is to give every Killer the red cooldown bar. Deathslinger surprisingly doesn’t have one for his reload.

  • @Alphasoul05 said:

    This change brought to you by the balance team who believed, years later, there was some secrets to uncover to make Clown super strong.

    Damn, that was cold!! Lmao

  • @Alphasoul05 said:

    This change brought to you by the balance team who believed, years later, there was some secrets to uncover to make Clown super strong.

    Yea you drink your poison bottle and go to the next game.

  • @RockoRango said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1408087#Comment_1408087

    Nurse is playable and viable, but she's not fine. Of course she's annoying to play when you have an insane cooldown, but the main problem was that it punishes new players for trying Nurse while doing nothing to stop god Nurses from dominating.

    Pls stop sayin she is fine when i get my 2nd blink disabled every 2nd game and when that doesn't happen i get machine gun and have to drop the 2nd blink. I am jealous i admit that without a problem that nurse seems to be working for you without bugs. This was so frustrating that i stopped to play her, waiting for a fix to the bugs that still didnt arrive because obviously their time is better spend on adding other ######### mechanics like overheat for billy.

  • For real, guys... How did you not see this coming? They've been consistently trashing every killer that could even so much as represent a *slight* threat to their precious wig subscription-buying survivors.

  • @Respectfulnancymain said:

    As a billy main im not disappointed

    If you just use the chainsaw optimally you'll be fine

    You are probs the one billy main that m1s at loops and only chainsaws when the survivor is in the open. The nerf completely ruins loop curving making it extremely hard to get the timing. Completely unneeded nerf. Why not nerf spirit instead? Not understanding the devs rn

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1408110#Comment_1408110

    Pls stop sayin she is fine when i get my 2nd blink disabled every 2nd game and when that doesn't happen i get machine gun and have to drop the 2nd blink. I am jealous i admit that without a problem that nurse seems to be working for you without bugs. This was so frustrating that i stopped to play her, waiting for a fix to the bugs that still didnt arrive because obviously their time is better spend on adding other ######### mechanics like overheat for billy.

    That’s a totally different issue, and I’m sure everyone can agree she needs her bugs fixed.

  • Is it that time of the year again where the forum becomes a massive killer circlejerk?

  • Because BHVR can't design actually good abilities. They put a cool-down on it and say "there its fixed :)))". Every perk since Demogorgon has just been a ######### cool-down perk. Essentially meaning no snow-ball and hindering the perk. Handicaps aren't GOOD balance. Just because it's not as strong as before or it's harder to use doesn't mean it was fixed in a good way. It's the reason why so many things aren't usable in the game currently. With how fast the matches are you can't wait for something with a minute or 3 minute cool-down. These things just can't carry their weight because they're constantly locked down.

  • @Todgeweiht said:

    Is it that time of the year again where the forum becomes a massive killer circlejerk?

    It’s the fact that literally no one has asked for a nerf to Billy in months compared to other things that need to be looked at, like an operation health-style update. Instead of fixing moris/keys, fixing Nurse, or fixing bugs, they’ve put their resources into an unwanted change on a killer regarded as skillful. It seems clear to many people that understand Billy, not just people who play killer, that even the concept of this change nerfs the amount of skill on billy and encourages cheap plays such as backreving.

    On top of that, people that love playing Billy are, understandably, panicing because it feels like the devs never listen to feedback when it comes to any rework done.

  • I did not ask for it =/= nobody asked for it.

  • @cheetocultleader said:

    Bubba, Nurse, & Spirit are my top 3 hated killers. The first two because I hate playing them. I'm glad to see Bubba getting some love, but man Nurse could use something. I suppose she can remain the veteran's killer -- someone willing to put the effort into learning her, but it won't ever be me with how she is now. Top that with the fatigue that messes with my eyes.

    Spirit when playing as a survivor and you know why. If they were going to go after any killer, you'd think it would be her.

    I can't once remember complaining about Billy, besides the obvious "crap I was downed just now." And I complain a lot to my poor SWF husband.

    Edit 10 minutes later~*: I completely forgot about Clown and if that doesn't say something idk what does.

    Spirit is fine if you play her and realize that she has tells when she’s phasing

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1408314#Comment_1408314

    This is what really worry's me. It seem's they've found the be all band-aid fix mechanic for killer abilities. Each rework and new Killer outside of Deathslinger has gotten this mechanic. The base power kits start to feel less unique if they all have this mechanic.

    The people responsible for the original killers without cooldowns must've left BHVR.

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1408111#Comment_1408111

    Spirit is fine if you play her and realize that she has tells when she’s phasing

    It's always a guessing game where she'll appear. I just got her to 40 though, so we'll see if playing her some helps.

  • Billy did need changes. Billy mains are lucky they didn't ban the barbecue + Billy combo (or the tinkerer one). He frequently snowballs in solo queue due to folks not dodging bbq and solo survivors not having the opportunity to advise their teammates to do so.

    He shouldn't be able to just use his power endlessly when other killers can't.

    These changes are long overdue.

  • @Alphasoul05 said:

    This change brought to you by the balance team who believed, years later, there was some secrets to uncover to make Clown super strong.


    This comment gave me the big pp. Thank you.