Pyramid Head is affecting DS usage overall.

I just had a red ranks game as Deathslinger and not one person was running DS OR Borrowed Time. They werent memeing and they were all red ranks as well.

It was refreshing honestly. There were instances when some of them attempted to take aggro after being unhooked, and realizing that they didnt have their crutch perks equipped.

Comments

  • I wonder how the game went.........

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    I wonder how the game went.........

    An easy 4k because of how overly altrustic and aggressive they were. Even with DS and Borrowed Time, I still would have clapped them.

  • @Zaitsev said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1381204#Comment_1381204

    An easy 4k because of how overly altrustic and aggressive they were. Even with DS and Borrowed Time, I still would have clapped them.

    Mmhm....yeah, altruistic and aggressive.

    Yeah.

  • Unhooking immediately, and prioritizing taking aggro over doing gens.


    Mhmm

  • Yeah and they get tunneled every game. Seems fun. DS is necessary, cause killers play as scummy as possible. I got tunneled 3 games this night by Spirit players. Was sooo much fun. They also didnt care a bit about the laughable stun.

  • @LetsPlayTogether said:

    Yeah and they get tunneled every game. Seems fun. DS is necessary, cause killers play as scummy as possible. I got tunneled 3 games this night by Spirit players. Was sooo much fun. They also didnt care a bit about the laughable stun.

    If you unhook in my terror radius, and then ######### about getting tunnelled when I down you again, thats on you my guy.

  • @LetsPlayTogether said:

    Yeah and they get tunneled every game. Seems fun. DS is necessary, cause killers play as scummy as possible. I got tunneled 3 games this night by Spirit players. Was sooo much fun. They also didnt care a bit about the laughable stun.

    This. Exactly

  • Tunnelling wasnt nearly as much as a problem before the DS rework. Its almost as if DS itself encourages tunnelling.

  • @Zaitsev said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1381215#Comment_1381215

    If you unhook in my terror radius, and then ######### about getting tunnelled when I down you again, thats on you my guy.

    Hilarious.

  • I find most of your comments hilarious in their one sided bias.

  • @Zaitsev said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1381234#Comment_1381234

    I find most of your comments hilarious in their one sided bias.

    Whenever someone says

    I 4'ked because there wasn't an obsession

    I hear

    "I tunneled everyone because there was no DS, and I'm going to blame them."

  • @Zaitsev said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1381234#Comment_1381234

    I find most of your comments hilarious in their one sided bias.

    Yeah i am soo biased. LOL dont talk big as long as blame unhooked survivors for getting downed after getting unhook in your face. Thats damn hilarious.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1381238#Comment_1381238

    Whenever someone says

    I 4'ked because there wasn't an obsession

    I hear

    "I tunneled everyone because there was no DS, and I'm going to blame them."

    Tunnel everyone? Great job then

  • The threat of Pyramid Head is making survivors not want to use DS. Kinda like how the threat of DS makes killers not want to quickly hook survivors. lmao love this killer.

  • Of course, everyone knows you're not a "real" killer unless you've tunneled everyone at the same time. DS just makes it easier for people to see that. When a killer eats multiple DS's in a row, I'm like


    "wow, what a real gamer"

  • I honestly love the way things are now, I hate survivors who use ds and dead hard,honestly all those perks do is buy you a little more time cause I tunnel people who use ds on me or plan on using it.

  • rip DS dlc.. lol

    pay 2 win is getting worse here

  • I find this kinda funny.

    PH has always had a problem with being able to consistently inflict Torment since, unless you go out of your way to blanket certain spots with it, survivors usually avoid it easily.

    So people taking off DS and BT just at the mere chance that the perks won't work is a bit telling about the survivors running them.

  • @28_stabs said:

    rip DS dlc.. lol

    pay 2 win is getting worse here


    TBF, I really do hate the "sell the solution" approach we always get. It's honestly kind of boring having to run certain perk set ups because of the game being what it is.


    now it's:

    "We hear you killer don't like DS, so here is a killer that can ignore it. But don't fret survivors, we also hear you don't like Pop or BBQ and Cheater so they don't get it when they use their power. Also, hey here is an anti slug perks I guess because people don't like that either. $7.99"

  • @LetsPlayTogether said:

    Yeah and they get tunneled every game. Seems fun. DS is necessary, cause killers play as scummy as possible. I got tunneled 3 games this night by Spirit players. Was sooo much fun. They also didnt care a bit about the laughable stun.

    It is not.

    Killers always have incentive to tunnel survivors. 3 is easier to deal with than 4 after all. Implementing a perk that punishes a killer for doing their job efficiently, (and even killers who aren't tunneling), just encourages killers to eat the stun early as to avoid it if the gate are opened later.

    I'm not saying the game shouldn't be changed so getting a player out of the game as soon as possible isn't always the best option. But DS isn't a solution. It's a poor band-aid fix for a fundamental problem.

  • @LetsPlayTogether said:

    Yeah and they get tunneled every game. Seems fun. DS is necessary, cause killers play as scummy as possible. I got tunneled 3 games this night by Spirit players. Was sooo much fun. They also didnt care a bit about the laughable stun.

    not saying DS should be removed, but it should be changed to be less of a abused perk and still combat tunneling. There's plenty of suggestions on how it could be changed floating around.

  • @SirCracken said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1381215#Comment_1381215

    It is not.

    Killers always have incentive to tunnel survivors. 3 is easier to deal with than 4 after all. Implementing a perk that punishes a killer for doing their job efficiently, (and even killers who aren't tunneling), just encourages killers to eat the stun early as to avoid it if the gate are opened later.

    I'm not saying the game shouldn't be changed so getting a player out of the game as soon as possible isn't always the best option. But DS isn't a solution. It's a poor band-aid fix for a fundamental problem.

    This, the game is flawed at its core if tunneling is going to be seen as an issue.

  • We had many similar topics full of solutions for DS problems. For example - any action but running away from killer or healing deactivate DS. It was ignored. Devs really care only about selling new dlcs.

  • Pyramid Heads I've been going against don't even ignore the DS. They tunnel and pick up regardless of there being an obsession or not.

    The cages suck. Torment is best used as a quick execute on third/final hook.

  • I read this as 'It was refreshing to be able to freely tunnel anyone and everyone..."

  • I love it how survivor-mains are flipping their ######### over Pyramid Head countering DS, and BT ...

    Like, how do we dare indirectly nerf perks that have been the single best survivor-perks since over 3 and a half years now.

  • @MrPenguin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1381420#Comment_1381420

    This, the game is flawed at its core if tunneling is going to be seen as an issue.

    Yeah, it wouldn't be an issue if tunneling wasn't so effectively strong.

  • @Zaitsev said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1381209#Comment_1381209

    Unhooking immediately, and prioritizing taking aggro over doing gens.

    Mhmm

    I love how she attacked you immediately even though it was such a harmless post.

  • It is becoming real sad that survivors claims that DS is necassary for survivors because of "tunneling".

    This pretty much shows that ds is old ruin. Old ruin was used for the 'fast genspeed" and DS is used because of "tunneling". But both perks rewards the player by sucking at the game and the players are making excuses to use it.

  • @Zaitsev said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1381234#Comment_1381234

    I find most of your comments hilarious in their one sided bias.

    pot, meet kettle

    you clearly don't play survivor if you say things like:

    @MrPenguin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1381420#Comment_1381420

    This, the game is flawed at its core if tunneling is going to be seen as an issue.

  • DS and BT weree already in a natural decline. PH's addition just sped that up, and after the hype around his release dies down, people will go back to it.

    @Zaitsev said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1381215#Comment_1381215

    If you unhook in my terror radius, and then ######### about getting tunnelled when I down you again, thats on you my guy.

    And the people who ######### about tunnelling are the ones targeted AFTER THEY'RE UNHOOKED. Not the idiots rushing in immediately to grab them.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1381238#Comment_1381238

    Whenever someone says

    I 4'ked because there wasn't an obsession

    I hear

    "I tunneled everyone because there was no DS, and I'm going to blame them."

    Imagine saying I tunnel because I 4k. Hilarious and laughabld


  • @LetsPlayTogether said:

    Yeah and they get tunneled every game. Seems fun. DS is necessary, cause killers play as scummy as possible. I got tunneled 3 games this night by Spirit players. Was sooo much fun. They also didnt care a bit about the laughable stun.

    'Killers.' As in all of us? :o

    Iunno, that DS stun makes or breaks games a lot of times.

  • This will change. Pyramid Heads are realising that trying to get survivors tormented in every chase can take a lot of time, and survivors are getting better at avoiding it. I’m also seeing fewer and fewer PHs when I play survivor.

    It seems like killers are caring less about DS as well and just picking survivors up without considering it, even when there’s an Obsession. All of this together makes me think that survivors will start to run DS more often again before too long.

  • @darktrix said:

    I read this as 'It was refreshing to be able to freely tunnel anyone and everyone..."

    Tunnelling is boring. I only tunnel if a survivor is being a total dick.

  • @FellowKillerMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1381215#Comment_1381215

    'Killers.' As in all of us? :o

    Iunno, that DS stun makes or breaks games a lot of times.

    All killers are disgusting, evil people hired by bhvr to ruin the gen simulator experience for the oppressed survivor community. Also DS stun time should be increased to half an hour.

  • A) I do play survivor, I also play killer.

    B) That doesn't mean that I enjoy tunneling on either side. But the fact of the matter is the game is designed in a way where tunneling is one of, if not the most effective strategy. Getting one player out the game is massive, doing that quickly is even better. If tunneling is going to be considered an issue, we must address it at its core: the game design. Using a perk to cover it up doesn't solve the issue of it being super effective, much less a perk as abused as DS.

  • If you get tunneled don't ######### to me. ######### at your teammate who saved you before I barely had time to turn around and walk away.

    If I leave, can't find anyone, you get saved and I come back to the hook. If I can't find the person who saved you but all I can see is your blood trail. Guess what. I'm going after you again. Not because I have it out for you but because your the only one I can find at the time.

    I feel DS and BT have had a negative impact on the game lately. They were included for good reasons but people started miss using them. It's like people deliberately make bad hook saves because these perks exist. BT was made encase the killer face camps. Yet some people use BT to unhook someone right in front of the killer who isn't camping and hasn't had time to leave. That's not an issue with the killer or the perk. That's a teammate making a bad save.

    DS is a 2nd chance perk. Well at the same time if you DS a killer that's just going to motivate them to finish you off.

    As for PH, it's good that someone is finally mixing up the meta.

  • You quoted two different people. How does that work when trying to call out one person on their own comments?

  • @Zaitsev said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1381215#Comment_1381215

    If you unhook in my terror radius, and then ######### about getting tunnelled when I down you again, thats on you my guy.

    That's why everyone uses ds, thank you.

  • Decisive was already on a downhill trend in Red Ranks because of the slugging meta. Pyramid Head just made it more pronounced.

    But joke’s on the Red Rank Killers because I’m addicted to Blood Pact so they’ll never catch me in a game without an Obsession

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Despite there being no DS in my matches (sometimes I've been running it but I'm also doing challenges so DS tends to be my "replaced perk"), the amount of tunneling without an obsession has actually gone down for me.

    Why? Because people aren't unhooking in the killer's terror radius anymore. So I don't get clapped and then picked up within 15 seconds. People are also like, y'know, running away after being unhooked to either gtfo or to go heal (or both), instead of "I'MMA GO IMMEDIATELY BACK ON A GEN HYUK" and then complain that they were being tunneled.

    There was only one match where I saw someone get tunneled to death and ironically that was because this Dwight kept unhooking this poor Jane ten feet from a trapper. Without BT. Is that really the killer's fault or the Dwight for being an ass?

    It's almost like when you don't get unhooked ten feet from the killer and/or retreat from the hook, you don't get tunneled the large vast majority of the time. Amazing.

    It was the opposite for me, when I don't use DS/BT in the match, we tend to be tunneled or camped because they won't have "any punishment"

  • What killers don't realize is that DS is used a lot of times to help survivors against other survivors, who are determined to farm them

  • I still see 3-4 DS every single game so idk what the OP is talking about.

  • The fact you got an "ez 4k" is why they need to run BT and DS. As a killer, I know survivors need to use the tools they have available to survive. Otherwise killers will take advantage of it.


    All survivors should run BT and DS.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1381204#Comment_1381204

    You act as if DS is mandatory to actually play the game, it isn't trust me you can still play just as well without it the only thing that matters in this game is running tiles and making smart choices such as deciding whether or not the other survivors are going to save the guy on the hook or not.

    I haven't even touched DS since 2018 and even if I used it, it would actually harm me more than it would help me as I felt untouchable when I used it in 2018 and that can make you do a lot of make dumb choices such as trying to BM the killer or playing super altruistic neither of which usually ends well unless the killer is a new player. So no, DS is not necessary and it never has been, I think it's fair to have a killer that changes the rules a bit as I was quite tired of the original meta and this is spicing things up again.

    It's not mandatory, but you can't ignore the fact that killers change their play-style once they see an Obsession.

  • @Zaitsev said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1381215#Comment_1381215

    If you unhook in my terror radius, and then ######### about getting tunnelled when I down you again, thats on you my guy.

    While I never play toxic on either side and try to let either side have fun in the trial, I've never understood why killers will tunnel you or how that is the survivor's fault. They didn't get to choose to be unhooked, and in many hook locations, they can be absolute dead zones. How is that on them? What did the survivor do to make you want to tunnel them?

    I get toxicity can be annoying and push some players over the edge, but as a survivor main that also mains GF when I play killer, I've never tried to intentionally ruin someone else's fun unless they play like an absolute jerk.

    What causes people to do this?

  • I've had games without DS before PH came out. Still obsessions because I run obsession perks, but there have been no DS games. And it seems like games without DS are a bit harder because the Survivors actually have to be skilled to survive since they're not relying on a second chance perk.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1381238#Comment_1381238

    Whenever someone says

    I 4'ked because there wasn't an obsession

    I hear

    "I tunneled everyone because there was no DS, and I'm going to blame them."

    You seriously overestimate how many killers tunnel. You probably think there's a mori every game too.

    What is your definition of tunneling?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Despite there being no DS in my matches (sometimes I've been running it but I'm also doing challenges so DS tends to be my "replaced perk"), the amount of tunneling without an obsession has actually gone down for me.

    Why? Because people aren't unhooking in the killer's terror radius anymore. So I don't get clapped and then picked up within 15 seconds. People are also like, y'know, running away after being unhooked to either gtfo or to go heal (or both), instead of "I'MMA GO IMMEDIATELY BACK ON A GEN HYUK" and then complain that they were being tunneled.

    There was only one match where I saw someone get tunneled to death and ironically that was because this Dwight kept unhooking this poor Jane ten feet from a trapper. Without BT. Is that really the killer's fault or the Dwight for being an ass?

    It's almost like when you don't get unhooked ten feet from the killer and/or retreat from the hook, you don't get tunneled the large vast majority of the time. Amazing.

    Yep and this is something I have said before and I will say it again:

    DS/BT makes survivors play worse because they know they don't have to play smart to win.

    There are so many potatoes at high ranks not only because ranking up as a survivor is easy but also the fact that the 2nd chance perks are strong enough to carry them that high.

‹ 1 2