New map makes Scott Jund quit playing killer

https://youtu.be/EXjeXJiIzEA

Scott jund made a video today saying he is going stop playing killer for the time being cause midwich map is the most terrible map designed by bhvr even more worse then haddonfield another reason for taking a break is because ironwill is still bugged even though devs said it was fixed scott then proceeded to proof with a clip from one of his stream.

Scott also says that pyramidhead felt clunky and underwhelming like deathslinger this has been biased news with CNN

Comments

  • I main Myers, so I actually had a ball on this map. But I can see how it sucks in general for most killers. And as survivor its pretty bad. Long corridors of nothingness. Great to be in when in chase.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1369833#Comment_1369833

    Gen rush? Hell I'd settle for being able to find a gen.

    Man sometimes I wonder if Gens even exist on this map sometimes. Everytime I've gone to this level I seem to just sightsee around the school, taking in the nostalgia because I somehow manage to walk through the same room multiple times without realising I just went in a huge circle. But, it's a fun map anyways.

  • Wow what a surprise. A killer main baby who cares 0 about survivors complaining when it gets hard. Well , boohoo...

    Not to mention people quit all the time for different reasons. What difference does it make if someone (a streamer or not) quits? Streamers are not gods. Them quitting and complaining is as important as a random player complaining.

  • Who's scott jund ?

  • @Veen said:

    Who's scott jund ?

    Rule of thumb: If someone refers to someone by name/username and acts like you should already know who they are, they're a streamer.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1370485#Comment_1370485

    Rule of thumb: If someone refers to someone by name/username and acts like you should already know who they are, they're a streamer.

    Should I advise the OP how much I care if he plays or not ?

  • @Veen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1370487#Comment_1370487

    Should I advise the OP how much I care if he plays or not ?

    That's up to you, I was just giving you a handy tip.

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1369833#Comment_1369833

    Gen rush? Hell I'd settle for being able to find a gen.

    Exactly my point ;)

  • Every chapter is coming out buggy at first i dont know why its always the same bugs. Also new killer on his new map is too strong and on other maps very weak.

  • @Swiftblade131 said:

    Nice looking map, but bad gameplay

    Buggy chapter launch, as always sound issues

    Killer that is OP to one half of the community and not strong enough to the other half

    Sounds like a DBB patch to me

    agree, and idk why people say is a WEAK killer , i mean rlly....? :7

  • @StutteringSpartan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1369624#Comment_1369624

    I decimated with Ghost Face with zero add ons so I dunno what you’re on about

    See thats part of the issue with the games balancing, too. Some people get one or two Merciless games and say "idk what yall are on about" but who knows, those few games could've been potatoes, you could've gotten lucky. Nobody can pinpoint a control group because every group plays the game differently and wins differently. You can't balance something from all angles if you can't define a middle ground, and i think thats the problem.

  • I like the map but finding gens is a pain and pyramid head the only reason why ppl gonna think he's op cause he can hold torment till death hook and get a easy mori and there's no way to remove torment unless you unhook someone out of a cage but idk i think he's fun and is the noise bug on pc? cause on xbox i can hear surviours just fine and when i play as a survivor

  • Personally I don't mind the new map and at this point I'm flat out a pyramid head main. I'm absolutely loving him, doing way better than I was with any other killer. I'm averaging 3 kills a game minimum minus one game where I just wasn't as good as the survivors (curse you red ranks). I think he's balanced in all the right ways. The map is definitely confusing, but play it enough and you'll learn it.

  • @DaFireSquirtle said:

    It's no secret that the new map although it looks fantastic is completely broken in terms of balancing. But even worse than the Halloween map. I think what's even more frustrating is that even though the devs are trying to make maps more killer friendly they still think it's okay to put out maps that are the exact opposite. I'd even argue it's crap for survivor to. It's hard to say the devs have been listening to the feedback we have given about unbalanced maps when they still produce crap like this. If anything it shows they haven't, and this is where I believe lots of the frustration is coming from.

    As for pyramid head. He is not OP so can people grow a brain and realise that? If you die against a killer. It does not automatically make them too strong. He is mid tier at best. Around plague, ghostface level. He is extremely weird to play with the clunkyness of his ability especially on xbox. And I think it's silly you can't put trails of torment on stairs. And to all those who say his ability is op cuz it dodges ds. It doesn't work with pop, it doesn't work with bbq, it doesn't work with dying light, it doesn't work with make your choice etc. The amount of times I've seen people be toxic by hoping in and out of lockers to get you to use their ds is annoying. And so is the fact it lasts way longer then is needed. You can literally sit on a gen and when the killer attacks you call him a tunneler. It's nice to have a way of countering that.

    His is balanced and in my opinion one of the most balanced killers in the game. But his map, much like oni's is yet again not balanced at all. I'm not sure what the devs where thinking but I don't blame him for quitting killer. I'm honestly coming close to and god knows how that'll effect cue times again like when a bunch of people stop playing killer last time. I think they should stop adding new content and just focus on bug fixes and map changes.

    Um. I play on xbox. I put trail on stairs constantly, especially coming up from the basement after hooking. Maybe that's just a bug for you?

  • @MercySparda said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1369903#Comment_1369903

    Um. I play on xbox. I put trail on stairs constantly, especially coming up from the basement after hooking. Maybe that's just a bug for you?

    I tried placing it on the stairs in the gideon meat packing and it didn't work. Maybe idk ima go check just in case I'm incorrect. I know it works on the new map. But everything else I said still stands.

  • I don't think this video was worth it? I'm not saying this as a hater I've never watched him but I feel as this could've just been a side note or, live stream of course making it a video will get it noticed more by devs, which I agree with.

    regarding the map I personally love it, it's a bit like the game or Hawkins so I don't know why this map is the map to break people? like it's hard to find gens on Hawkins, lerys so I'm not sure why this one is the one to do that? but I understand where he's coming from.

    I personally don't get sound issues either as killer or survivor, Bills are still as loud as ever to me atleast but it's still early in this patch

  • How many of these sound bugs have been acknowledged to exist? 1. 1 out of 7.

  • I don't always agree with Scott, but he is 100% about both sounds and the new map.

    Map is painful for every Killer except maybe Nurse, Freddy, and perhaps stealth killers. Any standard mobility killer will find this map extremely frustrating. Poor line of sight, twice as many ways down as there are up, making it basically impossible to interrupt survivors on gens if you're approaching from the first floor. So far, I would say any success I have had on this map as Killer is probably attributed to survivors being unfamiliar with it as well. Once they know the gen placement, efficiently pressuring this map will be brutal.

    Some rooms have holes in the wall that connect them, some don't. I feel like eventually remembering which of these rooms are a dead end will be crucial to coraling survivors, though, so I can see the merit in it.

    In general, I'm not a fan of indoor maps with so many hiding spots. The same bushes in Dead Dawg Saloon seem to be in the corners if the courtyard area and even survivors wearing neon cosmetics can hide in them and be invisible. When I play survivor, as cheeky as I find it to hide in plain sight from the Killer in a shrub, I do acknowledge that it's kind of bullsh*t.

    Ive experienced many of these sound issues firsthand, and they seem to be more common on the new map. The sound occlusion in particular is really bad and some gens cannot be heard even with 3 survivors on it unless you approach it from a specific angle.

    There's a lot of misleading sound fx on the new map as well. The crying woman in the stall, the rattling cages, etc. I don't have an issue with these sounds and I think it's a good way to keep the killer sharp with their ears. It becomes a problem, however, when the sounds of survivors don't work as intended.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I find this odd.

    I’m not being dismissive.

    I just find it one of my favourite maps as killer in a long time.

    Is it good for clown? Because it is great for legion...

  • Why quit playing the killer tho? I dislike the map but that is just because I hate indoor maps but quiting playing as the killer? Just bring a different map offering and play a different killer. I get that audio bug are annoying but I still play both killer and survivor.

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    I like the new map tbh. It's different. I'm sure it won't be that bad once people actually took the time to learn it.

    Also i want more scary ambiance effects in the older maps. The jumpscare locker dude is amazing

    I havent see the jump scare yet. Do you know where it is? On the map?

  • This has not been my experience at all. None of the sound bugs he's talking about. It feels like the new map has too many sounds on it that make it hard to hear anything else though.

    Like every update it feels confusing at first and then I adapt to learning the new characters and map, and I love it.

  • Oh its not? Ignore all the countless ######### sound bugs making it near impossible to find survivors, 4 man bully squads, all the God loops and infinites, the countless crutch perks survivors have then maybe just maybe its not rough to play killer. But again you have a Laurie strode profile picture so I dont suspect much

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1369267#Comment_1369267

    I'm enjoying it too, both as surv and as killer. But I think Scott is spot on when it comes to the pathetic sound bugs.

    same love the map on both side it just the sound messed up.

  • Okay? Idk who Scott Jund is and I don't really care what he likes or dislikes. I enjoy the map as do others.

  • @komaboma said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1370328#Comment_1370328

    Oh its not? Ignore all the countless ######### sound bugs making it near impossible to find survivors, 4 man bully squads, all the God loops and infinites, the countless crutch perks survivors have then maybe just maybe its not rough to play killer. But again you have a Laurie strode profile picture so I dont suspect much

    My sound works. A streamer cherry picking one video of the sound not working is not evidence the sound is completely bugged. To be perfectly honest, you don't need sound with all the aura perks child. I also don't blame people playing in SWF because believe me, I have played enough solo to know good and well that it is the devil's hell and a killer's playhouse. At least Laurie is a real survivor, not what DBD has her dumbed down to be.

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    I like the new map tbh. It's different. I'm sure it won't be that bad once people actually took the time to learn it.

    Also i want more scary ambiance effects in the older maps. The jumpscare locker dude is amazing

    yea i want that too i mean it happens in horror movies why could cats jump out of no where scary us like scream.we have birds.

  • I've never heard of this guy in my entire life. Not trying to be mean or anything. There's a post like this everyday. It doesn't really sway me one way or the other. Even if the best well known players quit, whatever. As far as actual art,it's the best map they've ever designed,hands down. There's really no comparison, especially for a just released map.

    It seems to go really well for some killers. Doctor seems to do pretty good. Pyramid Head,a good few of the stealth ones. So if you main a certain guy,it might not go so well, because of the distance you might have to travel. As survivor,there's tons of places to hide,if that's your thing,plus you can see the killer from a mile away sometimes. I really don't think it's bad. Not too many maps got overwhelming praise when they were released anyway.

    The sound bugs however,I really don't blame someone for taking a break over. You either modify your strategy,or chill until it gets fixed. Everyone needs a break sometimes anyways. If you love the game and dedicated yourself to it,you can look past some of the flaws on occasion. I was furious with the matchmaking when I was low rank killer just returning to the game. I just switched to survivor for awhile.

  • as addicting as this game is it can be completely utter garbage when problems like these pop up (like really atleast 5 times a year) lol

  • BUT KEEP BUYING OUR OUTFITS FOR 10-15 dollars!

  • @BigBubs said:

    Wow what a surprise. A killer main baby who cares 0 about survivors complaining when it gets hard. Well , boohoo...

    Not to mention people quit all the time for different reasons. What difference does it make if someone (a streamer or not) quits? Streamers are not gods. Them quitting and complaining is as important as a random player complaining.

    Well, streamers bring in new players and motivate others to continue playing and to buy stuff. Especially of that viewer size. For BHVR they are important, for us players a little bit aswell since fog whisperers have a direct contact for ideas from the community (if the devs would listen).

  • @Orion said:

    Players quit all the time, there's no reason to make such a big deal about it.

    Someone who earns money for playing it is different to the random player. If someone quits the money on the line the devs should be concerned because that could be an indication that many random players are going to quit aswell

  • Hahaha when he even says there's many reasons and you still water it down to "New map makes Scott Jund quit playing killer."

    That's rich.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1374187#Comment_1374187

    My sound works. A streamer cherry picking one video of the sound not working is not evidence the sound is completely bugged. To be perfectly honest, you don't need sound with all the aura perks child. I also don't blame people playing in SWF because believe me, I have played enough solo to know good and well that it is the devil's hell and a killer's playhouse. At least Laurie is a real survivor, not what DBD has her dumbed down to be.

    I Was literally watching a streamer play killer and he couldn't hear survivors, its also happened to me. Like watch any killer stream.

  • @DwightOP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1369782#Comment_1369782

    Someone who earns money for playing it is different to the random player. If someone quits the money on the line the devs should be concerned because that could be an indication that many random players are going to quit aswell

    He did not quit playing the game, he streamed it pretty much everyday since he made the video LOL

  • Map is fine. It's a great map to play on. Lots of little areas for survivors to duck into and plenty of places for killers to corner them.

    PointyBoy is fine as a killer. He's definitely in a good place and I'm happy to have him.

  • I have yet to find this one

  • Sc..who? But I agree with most things except the map I mean it's not perfect in any way, but not that bad either.

1 2 ›