Locking Dwight's Last Memories Behind A Paywall... Nice...

Parts of a free character are locked behind another character who is locked behind a paywall... What's up with that? Why would you lock the last 2 pieces of Dwight's memories, and therefore his cutscene behind a paywall?

Dwight is the survivor mascot of the game and is of the free survivors. His lore shouldn't be locked behind 2 Kate challenges, and one difficult one at that.

The first challenge requires you to escape on death hook, but not as Dwight...as Kate...

The second challenge requires you to escape a trial while using Boil Over.

What if Kate happened to be licensed? Then what?

All this makes me think is that Nurse lore will be locked behind Clown challenges, or something of the sort.


I know everyone is going to point out that Kate can simply be earned through account progression, but I have no intentions on buying her. I have the survivors that I want to play. Not to mention she has one of the worst perk loadouts in the game, only just beating Ace, Ash, and Quentin.



IMG_20200528_020547.jpg IMG_20200601_230218.jpg


So it seems about 60% of people don't understand the point of this post. My question is intended to ask why a free character's lore is locked behind a not free character's lore.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @DetailedDetriment said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1309603#Comment_1309603

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1309604#Comment_1309604

    If you read the entire post, I said that Kate can be purchased with shards, but her perks aren't useful, and I have no intention on playing her.

    Just because you have no intention of buying her, doesn't mean they're locked behind a paywall, which is all they were saying.

  • @Deadeye said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1309636#Comment_1309636

    @DetailedDetriment did you read that? you can get the challenge, there is an entry point right next to it.

    It's not the entry point that's the problem

    There is a kate challenge that unlocks dwights story

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1310038#Comment_1310038

    If you're that hard pressed to NOT play kate, just Google the ######### lore. It's not required to get. Theres no trophy for having them all. It's just a bunch of people who are OCD obsessed about all the collectibles, yet unwilling to obtain all the characters.

    I mean sure you could look the lore up i suppose

    Why stop there though? You can also find a ton of gameplay on youtube so you can enjoy the game without even paying for it.

    You don't even need to go through the grind. Watching a video of it is just the same as having it yourself right?

    On a serious note i know it's not really a big deal. Just sucks if your favorite characters suddenly happens to be the one who has a surprise 9000 shard price tag to the final lore piece

    It's something they really should avoid in the future tomes, shards while free are quite a timeconsuming currency to obtain

  • @Freki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1309627#Comment_1309627

    they can not MAKE up lore for a licensed character unless they pay money to the owner of the license. and then they'd have to go with the lore of the owner not their own. I doubt highly they'd get anyone to let them write lore and backstory, even if it is from research done. This in and of itself is going to be why no licensed character will be in the rift.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1309623#Comment_1309623

    you then have to deal with the loss of that memory fragment. 9K shards and a bit of leveling isn't that much. do not make it sound like they were not putting it behind a monetary pay wall. if that is the case then why aren't you complaining that the legion, and the spirit are putting things behind a pay wall??? no your argument holds water only with your own mind, there is no actual pay wall.

    the only licensed character they could make lore for is Ghostface, because hes half licensed half original

  • I'll throw an agree here because a characters lore shouldn't be behind another characters challenges unless their story is intertwined.

  • Its not fair cause Kate was free on Switch. Giving some people freebies where others have to work towards it...doesnt seem fair.. Everyone on Switch can do Kate challenges right away.

  • Eh. All the lore for each Tome eventually goes up on the DbD Wiki anyway. I've read them all for the previous Tomes and haven't even bothered doing challenges for any Tome unless they were very easy for the free extra BP.

  • @DetailedDetriment said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1309603#Comment_1309603

    At one point, during a stream, someone asked if we can expect to see licensed characters appear in future tomes. I don't remember who answered, but it was probably Mathieu. He said that something along the lines of "to us, a character is a character." That seems like potential confirmation.

    @Peanits made it clear that only chars that van be bought with shards will be in the Tomes.

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1310653#Comment_1310653

    I mean sure you could look the lore up i suppose

    Why stop there though? You can also find a ton of gameplay on youtube so you can enjoy the game without even paying for it.

    You don't even need to go through the grind. Watching a video of it is just the same as having it yourself right?

    On a serious note i know it's not really a big deal. Just sucks if your favorite characters suddenly happens to be the one who has a surprise 9000 shard price tag to the final lore piece

    It's something they really should avoid in the future tomes, shards while free are quite a timeconsuming currency to obtain

    there is STILL another tome level to go. if you cant' get that piece unlocked right now wait two or three weeks and new lore options to have done and you can get that. in the first tome I went through and the last claudette lore came from a tome level 3 challenge! kinda not hard to do when you wait. You came out complaining that it's behind a pay wall, when you got debunked you shifted your focus to another tact, when that was debunked you shifted to another focus. and now it's even another change to your story. you just want to complain and you are not even done with tome level 4 right now. you just keep changing your story as to what your post means, tells me that you can't take being proven wrong.

  • @Freki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1310988#Comment_1310988

    there is STILL another tome level to go. if you cant' get that piece unlocked right now wait two or three weeks and new lore options to have done and you can get that. in the first tome I went through and the last claudette lore came from a tome level 3 challenge! kinda not hard to do when you wait. You came out complaining that it's behind a pay wall, when you got debunked you shifted your focus to another tact, when that was debunked you shifted to another focus. and now it's even another change to your story. you just want to complain and you are not even done with tome level 4 right now. you just keep changing your story as to what your post means, tells me that you can't take being proven wrong.

    Ehm probably would help if you looked at the names if you feel that people are changing their stories all the time :p

    It's not a problem for me cause i have Kate. I just can understand why it would be annoying for someone who doesn't want Kate

  • I didn’t notice this before as I’m only interested in unlocking Kate, Huntress and the Legion’s lore, but this does seem pretty shady.

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1311080#Comment_1311080

    Ehm probably would help if you looked at the names if you feel that people are changing their stories all the time :p

    It's not a problem for me cause i have Kate. I just can understand why it would be annoying for someone who doesn't want Kate

    I apologize i was combining your complaints with the original poster's complaints because they are VERY similar.

  • @DetailedDetriment said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1309723#Comment_1309723

    Two of his lore pieces are locked behind challenges involving Kate and Boil Over.

    Where? It looks like you can just go around those challenges to me.

    Edit: Okay, I see what you mean now. I wonder if that was intentional. It doesn't make much sense.

  • Imagine locking a character's lore behind a challenge for another character that you have to invest in. Excellent move BHVR, as if there weren't enough people buying Kate already.

  • @Freki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1311091#Comment_1311091

    I apologize i was combining your complaints with the original poster's complaints because they are VERY similar.

    It's okay, it gave me a good chuckle

  • @fridayslasher said:

    So what i'm getting here is... you don't like how they made a challnge for a character you can get for free, but you choose note too, just because her perks are useless and complain that it's a "pay wall"

    1) pay wall's mean you HAVE to pay, you don't have to. you choose not to. there's a difference.

    2) Why make a rant about it, you know full well it own't change anything except get you clicks and annoyed by being proven wrong.

    3) there's the amazing "internet" if you can't acsess it yourself, you don't need to do any challenge for lore.

    It may not be a paywall but it's still a heavy investment just so you can have an achievement for another character, not to mention this is a horrible investment otherwise.

  • sounds to me like you’re just a stubborn person. Kate is FREE. Anything you can buy with shards is FREE. You just need to work for it. I also had no intention or want to buy Kate, but I used my shards to get her for the rift. Do I like her perks? No. Will I use her often? No, but she’s free. So it was no big deal. You just sound entitled. You can spend 9k shards of the 13k u have now.

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1310610#Comment_1310610

    You dont have to purchase her. You EARN her with shards. Since ya know, you cant buy shards.

    "You don't have to purchase her".

    Purchase options:

    9000 shards

    $5

    Free options:

    None


    Currency is currency. Though it can be earned, you are still spending it.

  • @DetailedDetriment said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1310657#Comment_1310657

    "You don't have to purchase her".

    Purchase options:

    9000 shards

    $5

    Free options:

    None

    Currency is currency. Though it can be earned, you are still spending it.

    This whole OP is a lie anyway you don't have to buy Kate in any way to do the Dwight Challenge. There is a Prologue/Starting point and Dwight is the very first Challenge before Kate's


    20200528_155337.jpg


  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    So manny dismiss this on such a technicality

    Yes, you can get Kate with shards so it's technically not a "paywall"

    Not really the point of the post though

    The point is that having to invest in a character you might not even want to get lore of a character you're actually interrested in is kinda silly

    It honestly almost sounds like a bug

    @Thatbrownmonster said:

    Gotta go with op in this one

    I own kate soo it's fine by me, but if the lore is directed to a free character it shouldn't be locked behinde a character that isn't allready available

    Want kate lore but don't own it? then it's fine if you don't get it but Dwight?

    @DetailedDetriment said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1310120#Comment_1310120

    What I'm trying to get across is a free character's lore shouldn't be locked behind a character who must be purchased through some form.

    If you only care about the lore, then you don't need to do the archives at all. You can find the lore on the internet. If you care about completing it, then expect to have to put work in to complete it. The fact that you don't want to unlock characters means there's a limit to how much completion you care about anyways. It's either worth it to your or it isn't. And complaining about having to put effort into getting something isn't going to get you sympathy from the majority of players who constantly have to put effort into getting things.

  • @BBQnDemogorgon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1311439#Comment_1311439

    This whole OP is a lie anyway you don't have to buy Kate in any way to do the Dwight Challenge. There is a Prologue/Starting point and Dwight is the very first Challenge before Kate's

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/XHVHNFC8QQEH/20200528-155337.jpg

    If you hover over Kate's icon and the survivor master challenge in the top left, you will see that both of the challenges unlock lore pieces for Dwight.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    Imagine locking a character's lore behind a challenge for another character that you have to invest in. Excellent move BHVR, as if there weren't enough people buying Kate already.

    Isn't she the most purchased I guess "item" in the game other than Nea's Harajuku Graffiti outfit?

  • This content has been removed.
  • @DetailedDetriment said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1311446#Comment_1311446

    If you hover over Kate's icon and the survivor master challenge in the top left, you will see that both of the challenges unlock lore pieces for Dwight.

    In that case wouldn't you also have to count challenges like Boiling Point? That's a kate perk challenge with A Story by any other name as a reward.

  • @DetailedDetriment said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1309603#Comment_1309603

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1309604#Comment_1309604

    If you read the entire post, I said that Kate can be purchased with shards, but her perks aren't useful, and I have no intention on playing her.

    so your point is that you dont intent to get the things required for the challenges, yet you complain about not having the things required to beat the challenges... ?

  • @DetailedDetriment said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1310657#Comment_1310657

    "You don't have to purchase her".

    Purchase options:

    9000 shards

    $5

    Free options:

    None

    Currency is currency. Though it can be earned, you are still spending it.

    the definition of a paywall: "A paywall is a method of restricting access to content via a purchase or paid subscription. ... Paywalls have also been used as a way of increasing the number of print subscribers; for example, some newspapers offer access to online content plus delivery of a Sunday print edition at a lower price than online access alone." shards are a gift to you for playing, using them does not make this a paywall. you would have to be only able to use cash for this to be a paywall. stop being entitled, and either look up the lore you miss, or use shards to get kate. if you have to get any perk or want any perk you don't have, do you complain about a paywall? NO! you spend 2K shards for it. that's a paywall too by your not normal definitition of a pay wall. and for that matter dwight himself is a PAYWALL, because you must pay cash money to get him in the form of purchasing the game.


    STOP changing your story and move along. it is not behind a paywall what so ever, the internet has that bit of lore you miss because of it. nothing is stopping you from complteting the rift OR the tome.

  • @Dead_by_Gadfly said:

    Wait I just went and actually looked at the blood web, is this what you mean op

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/XSLHYBOUV9BN/20200528-111931.jpg

    The blood web has 3 "starting points" you can just select dwight without doing kates, same at the top with huntress

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/SOJZXUMSXDE7/20200528-112000.jpg

    Wait your right. Dweights lore unlock is the starting point. you have to go through Dweight to get to Kate. thread answered lol

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/156364/locking-dwights-last-memory-behind-a-paywall-nice

    They never make licensed stuff as part of the rift so there is no "what if" it won't happen, at least for the foreseeable future. You can buy kate for shards. in fact everything in the rift is purchasable with shards. The perks that are part of it always appear in the shrine as well during the rift at least once, so you can get them there.

    You can buy Kate with shards, I'm not. So I can't complete this one because it requires characters I don't have, which they said won't happen. Then again the new "classic" killer is a guy with a traffic cone on his head

  • Which challenges are the wall for you exactly? Excluding the Kate challenge you can still do the Dwight challenge.

  • @des7in said:

    Which challenges are the wall for you exactly? Excluding the Kate challenge you can still do the Dwight challenge.

    There are challenges requiring you to play Kate and use Boil Over that unlock more Dwight lore.

  • @DetailedDetriment said:

    Parts of a free character are locked behind another character who is locked behind a paywall... What's up with that? Why would you lock the last 2 pieces of Dwight's memories, and therefore his cutscene behind a paywall?

    Dwight is the survivor mascot of the game and is of the free survivors. His lore shouldn't be locked behind 2 Kate challenges, and one difficult one at that.

    The first challenge requires you to escape on death hook, but not as Dwight...as Kate...

    The second challenge requires you to escape a trial while using Boil Over.

    What if Kate happened to be licensed? Then what?

    All this makes me think is that Nurse lore will be locked behind Clown challenges, or something of the sort.

    I know everyone is going to point out that Kate can simply be earned through account progression, but I have no intentions on buying her. I have the survivors that I want to play. Not to mention she has one of the worst perk loadouts in the game, only just beating Ace, Ash, and Quentin.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/MA04HE2CRMVU/img-20200528-020547.jpg

    So it seems about 60% of people don't understand the point of this post. My question is intended to ask why a free character's lore is locked behind a not free character's lore.

    Its not blocked. You can do it without doing the Kate challenge.

  • I feel sorry for the op

    A third of the comments are being nitpicky on the term "paywall" the second third don't even understand what the problem is and the last third are saying to just grind 20 ingame hours for the 9000 shards for a lore piece

    Having to use a character to unlock the lore of another character is stupid. Period

    I get it's not the biggest issue in the world but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be mentioned so it can be avoided in the future

  • @DetailedDetriment said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1310657#Comment_1310657

    "You don't have to purchase her".

    Purchase options:

    9000 shards

    $5

    Free options:

    None

    Currency is currency. Though it can be earned, you are still spending it.

    If you don't have to pay real life money for the character, it's flippin' free. How much more free does it need to be?

    It's like people don't know what a paywall is anymore.

    Also, to any of the people saying "paywall isn't the point of the post" or whatever, it's kind of hard to say that when the title of the post is literally "LOCKING DWIGHT'S LAST MEMORIES BEHIND A PAYWALL... NICE..." If it was any different of a title/complaint I wouldn't be saying this.

  • It's not like you're forced to buy dlc, the archives are not going anywhere and getting enough shards to unlock a new character doesn't really take very long given you level up pretty quickly, especially if you play both surv and killer since the first match gives extra exp.

  • I really vibe with this issue. I just started playing last Halloween myself (not including the maybe 5-10 I'd put in with some friends long prior), so I had the perspective of an already absurd and growing paywall. In the time since then, I've managed to put in something like 140 dollars. I should note that includes the switch version (15) and maybe 5 or 10 bucks on the mobile version. I understand that the devs can say half of their locked content can be bought with shards, but you can't enjoy a killer or even survivor to their fullest without the perks of the others. Even beyond that, shards come ridiculously slowly to ever make getting all the original characters via that route without playing every single day for 14 hours like a maniac possible or realistic. The profile leveling system feels like a soft joke, and could really do with an update or two. Maybe every 5 levels you get to unlock a perk from a randomly generated selection or get 50 auric cells or something. I mean it's bad enough the grind for new players at any point in the last 2 years or so has been ridiculously tedious and overwhelming, imagine if you didn't have BBQ. A perk that, no matter what they say about the shrine, is not available for free under almost any circumstances. Also, I know cosmetics are sort of just that - cosmetics, but the pricing feels cruel. Ten dollars for a skin on a character that costs 5 or sometimes even less if you buy dlc or they're on sale feels weird. At least legendary skins are complete model swaps, with a lot of work behind them and seemingly often a license as well. Why does ash himself and all of perks cost basically the same amount of money as a slightly different shade of pants? That's just weird as hell. Either way, the bigger problem is obviously the paywalls in the game's actual progression. If you were to go back about a year and ask people what they would think if DbD got a mobile game, they'd probably laugh and say something about how it'd have an even worse grind and paywall, with microtransactions left and right.

    We now live in a world where the mobile version of DbD somehow has LESS of a paywall than the main game! With no hard paywalls! That is absolutely insane. Within just maybe 30 hours of playing you can get bubba having spent not so much as a penny.

    Why? Why is it like this? I don't think the devs intend to be this, like, 'greedy' about it. I think instead they just don't realize how overwhelming the paywall is for players joining the scene at this point. It makes the game a monstrous task as opposed to a fun and interesting set of challenges, goals, and rewards. I think visiting this topic should be a high priority for them, even with all the others that need attention. I know how much they care about keeping a steady flow of newcomers, so I think this would make a lot of sense to put attention and resources into.

    How would the devs accomplish this, you might ask? Well, I think any amount of help would be good. I know they're planning to visit prestige rewards, and if that means giving you a few auric cells for your trouble as I believe the mobile version does, that would be a good start, so long as the numbers are right. I think beyond that the game does need a massive overhaul to the progression system though. It wasn't designed with the amount of content we have now in mind, and it shows. That, and it doesn't feel very personal or proportional. We need more overall progression systems for your account, ones that vary from other games to offer a unique and interesting path of choices and rewards. And then we need either more control over the progression systems for each character and side (currently being unable to get the perks you want on the bloodweb for 150 levels or more, for example) or very different systems in their place. I can't imagine what this would look like, but I'm a dumbass spending too much time ranting about a game I know I'm gonna spend too much money and time on and I'm not paid to do it so uhhh yeah devs can pretty much take over from here 🤐

    (Also for clarity I have 900 hours on Steam and I feel like I've gone nowhere for the most part, send help)

  • @DetailedDetriment said:

    Parts of a free character are locked behind another character who is locked behind a paywall... What's up with that? Why would you lock the last 2 pieces of Dwight's memories, and therefore his cutscene behind a paywall?

    Dwight is the survivor mascot of the game and is of the free survivors. His lore shouldn't be locked behind 2 Kate challenges, and one difficult one at that.

    The first challenge requires you to escape on death hook, but not as Dwight...as Kate...

    The second challenge requires you to escape a trial while using Boil Over.

    What if Kate happened to be licensed? Then what?

    All this makes me think is that Nurse lore will be locked behind Clown challenges, or something of the sort.

    I know everyone is going to point out that Kate can simply be earned through account progression, but I have no intentions on buying her. I have the survivors that I want to play. Not to mention she has one of the worst perk loadouts in the game, only just beating Ace, Ash, and Quentin.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/MA04HE2CRMVU/img-20200528-020547.jpg

    So it seems about 60% of people don't understand the point of this post. My question is intended to ask why a free character's lore is locked behind a not free character's lore.

    Okay wait o re red and understand now that's dumb as hell 😠

  • @SnakeSound222 said:

    Looking at this website (https://dbd.onteh.net.au/#archives), Kate's death hook escape challenge is the one's that locked behind Dwight's hiding challenge. Tiers 3 and 4 have three and four starting points respectively.

    Also, is Dwight's last memory seriously locked behind this stupid as hell challenge? His story is getting really interesting.

    Don't you escape most matches on your second hook? If not, just try to kobe your first time on hook. Whala, challenge complete.

  • @ProfoundEnding said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1311881#Comment_1311881

    There are challenges requiring you to play Kate and use Boil Over that unlock more Dwight lore.

    There are other ways to progress to the Dwight challenge. You don't have to do the Kate challenge.

  • @DetailedDetriment said:

    Parts of a free character are locked behind another character who is locked behind a paywall... What's up with that? Why would you lock the last 2 pieces of Dwight's memories, and therefore his cutscene behind a paywall?

    Dwight is the survivor mascot of the game and is of the free survivors. His lore shouldn't be locked behind 2 Kate challenges, and one difficult one at that.

    The first challenge requires you to escape on death hook, but not as Dwight...as Kate...

    The second challenge requires you to escape a trial while using Boil Over.

    What if Kate happened to be licensed? Then what?

    All this makes me think is that Nurse lore will be locked behind Clown challenges, or something of the sort.

    I know everyone is going to point out that Kate can simply be earned through account progression, but I have no intentions on buying her. I have the survivors that I want to play. Not to mention she has one of the worst perk loadouts in the game, only just beating Ace, Ash, and Quentin.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/MA04HE2CRMVU/img-20200528-020547.jpg

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/7QHXK3VLQ22P/img-20200601-230218.jpg

    So it seems about 60% of people don't understand the point of this post. My question is intended to ask why a free character's lore is locked behind a not free character's lore.

    Kate is thicc though. Worth a coin even her deffault looks are great.

  • just save up your shards to buy non licensed characters instead of stupid skins for your survivors or killers.

    If you play regularly then you can earn just enough shards or more to buy both characters on release when it's a non licensed chapter. This is what i have been doing the day they allowed you to do this and I own every non-licensed character just by not spending my shards on dumb skins.

    so save your shards for characters you don't own that are related to the next archive instead of whining that you can't do the challenge because you misused your shards.

  • @AChaoticKiller said:

    just save up your shards to buy non licensed characters instead of stupid skins for your survivors or killers.

    If you play regularly then you can earn just enough shards or more to buy both characters on release when it's a non licensed chapter. This is what i have been doing the day they allowed you to do this and I own every non-licensed character just by not spending my shards on dumb skins.

    so save your shards for characters you don't own that are related to the next archive instead of whining that you can't do the challenge because you misused your shards.

    I spend my shards on perks and characters that I'll play as on a normal basis.

  • Not sure if this has been said already, but you don’t have to complete the Kate challenge to start the Dwight challenge. You can start directly from the Dwight master challenge. :)

    level 3 has 3 places where you can start completing challenges from. You can start directly from Dwight’s, Huntress, or all the way on the left’s challenges.

  • (Accidental Duplicate)

  • @SpoopyGirl said:

    Not sure if this has been said already, but you don’t have to complete the Kate challenge to start the Dwight challenge. You can start directly from the Dwight master challenge. :)

    level 3 has 3 places where you can start completing challenges from. You can start directly from Dwight’s, Huntress, or all the way on the left’s challenges.

    thats not the point which he is complaining about. the challenge gives the lore for dwight but you have to play a charackter which you have to unlock with shards or money to get the full story of dwight... thats what he meant

  • @SpoopyGirl said:

    Not sure if this has been said already, but you don’t have to complete the Kate challenge to start the Dwight challenge. You can start directly from the Dwight master challenge. :)

    level 3 has 3 places where you can start completing challenges from. You can start directly from Dwight’s, Huntress, or all the way on the left’s challenges.

    That isn't the issue they have, the issue is a character's lore is locked behind challenges that require you to play and or use a teachable from a completely different character who so happens to not be immediately available to use.


    Boiling Point is questionable but at least fine in only requiring you have Boil Over meaning you can technically complete it as Dwight as long as you have the teachable unlocked (and as they said any required teachables would be guaranteed to appear at least once in the Shrine during the corresponding Rift if you don't own the character they're tied to.)


    Sing Another Day requires you play as Kate... to unlock lore for Dwight? Are we missing a sentence or something in Dwight's lore saying something like "Kate was eating a sandwich in the background" or anything that'd explain why she apparently is relevant towards it? And by a quick run through the previous Tomes I haven't seen any challenges like it that requires you to play as a completely different character to unlock lore not tied to them.

    TL;DR: Paywall was probably a poor word to describe the issue, Actual issue is they're confused why Kate is required at all to unlock lore she is 100% irrelevant towards unless she has some special guest star appearance in it we're missing.

  • @Golden_spider said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1333613#Comment_1333613

    That isn't the issue they have, the issue is a character's lore is locked behind challenges that require you to play and or use a teachable from a completely different character who so happens to not be immediately available to use.

    Boiling Point is questionable but at least fine in only requiring you have Boil Over meaning you can technically complete it as Dwight as long as you have the teachable unlocked (and as they said any required teachables would be guaranteed to appear at least once in the Shrine during the corresponding Rift if you don't own the character they're tied to.)

    Sing Another Day requires you play as Kate... to unlock lore for Dwight? Are we missing a sentence or something in Dwight's lore saying something like "Kate was eating a sandwich in the background" or anything that'd explain why she apparently is relevant towards it? And by a quick run through the previous Tomes I haven't seen any challenges like it that requires you to play as a completely different character to unlock lore not tied to them.

    TL;DR: Paywall was probably a poor word to describe the issue, Actual issue is they're confused why Kate is required at all to unlock lore she is 100% irrelevant towards unless she has some special guest star appearance in it we're missing.

    Oh! My mistake I misread. That is kind of irritating. Especially for newer players

  • I have completed all other challenges for Dwight's lore, but to finish this one I would have to get Kate. Which kinda sucks, because I had previously bought her perks from the shrine for other challenges, thinking it would be more cost effective. Wish I could at least get BP for the perks if I buy her, the way you do when buying teachables you already own from the shrine.

  • good that you buy characters but bad that you buy perks. just save up for the character and get it along with the perk you want from it and you get 2 additional ones.

  • Just get Kate shes best girl

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    Just get Kate shes best girl

    Kate is Bae

1 2 ›