Spirit needs a nerf.

You should be able to hear where she is. You can see other killers in your butt after all. If she can’t see you but hears you loud and clear, you should have the same ability on the survivor side as well.

As for now, there is no reliable counterplay. Just gambling that noone enjoyes. Really idiotic character to play against. And suprisingly easy to play as (just so you can’t say yOu gOT OurGamED Boi)

Since I don’t care about rank anymore I’ll KMS on first hook when I see her from now on untill they make her fair.

Comments

  • If she's fine, why is everyone using in rank 1?

    I do the same, I don't play killer spirit and neither against her, I always commit suicide (the new DC).

    If you don't have fun playing against it go to the next game and voila, find your way to have fun, it's a game.


    I will always say:

    Sprit = Nurse for fools.

    Oni = Billy for fools.

  • just dodge her phase

    how hard can it be?

  • Spirit has so many counters it's unreal. I'm sorry you don't understand how she works, try playing her and maybe you'll realize how easy it is to counter her. You need to get in her head, it's literally a mindgame battle between both sides.

    Example, running from her while phasing? Throw the pallet down but stay on the side you were running from. Most spirits won't expect this, unless you have done it multiple times before.

    Another example, vault a window while running from her, then immediately slow vault back. 99.9% chance she won't catch you unless you have been doing it multiple times in chase already.

    It's all about conditioning. She is predicting where you will go, you need to predict where she will go, and you can mind-game her in the process.

    Seriously, once you understand and learn how to play against her, she is actually the most fun killer to go against because it activates a much different in-game chase.

    Long story short, Play her, learn how to catch survivors, then play survivor and do the opposite of what you'd expect from her. Once she's conditioned herself to your moves, reverse it. Maybe drop the pallet the next time, and slow vault over it, or don't double back when you vault that window.

    There are countless other ways to mind game her btw, I just gave you two of the most simplistic ways.

  • @Meroko said:

    Spirit has so many counters it's unreal. I'm sorry you don't understand how she works, try playing her and maybe you'll realize how easy it is to counter her. You need to get in her head, it's literally a mindgame battle between both sides.

    Example, running from her while phasing? Throw the pallet down but stay on the side you were running from. Most spirits won't expect this, unless you have done it multiple times before.

    Another example, vault a window while running from her, then immediately slow vault back. 99.9% chance she won't catch you unless you have been doing it multiple times in chase already.

    It's all about conditioning. She is predicting where you will go, you need to predict where she will go, and you can mind-game her in the process.

    Seriously, once you understand and learn how to play against her, she is actually the most fun killer to go against because it activates a much different in-game chase.

    Long story short, Play her, learn how to catch survivors, then play survivor and do the opposite of what you'd expect from her. Once she's conditioned herself to your moves, reverse it. Maybe drop the pallet the next time, and slow vault over it, or don't double back when you vault that window.

    There are countless other ways to mind game her btw, I just gave you two of the most simplistic ways.

    AMEN

  • @sekkima said:

    If she's fine, why is everyone using in rank 1?

    I do the same, I don't play killer spirit and neither against her, I always commit suicide (the new DC).

    If you don't have fun playing against it go to the next game and voila, find your way to have fun, it's a game.

    I will always say:

    Sprit = Nurse for fools.

    Oni = Billy for fools.

    Spirit isn't used anywhere near as much as before the previous Spirit nerf. Not to mention they've already nerfed a large chunck of her mind game potential because of terrible and lazy survivors like you and op.

    You do also realise that oni is a weaker version of Billy, right? And you definitely shouldn't be calling someone a "fool" for playing and learning a killer, when you're such a bad survivor that you have to resort to killing yourself on hook, since you can't counter killers for sh*t.

  • I'd rather see huntress and freddy get a little nerf over spirit. Spirit was already nerfed and these two have been untouched.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    I'd rather see huntress and freddy get a little nerf over spirit. Spirit was already nerfed and these two have been untouched.

    They ignored the problem and changed pointless minor things only. Huntress and Freddy has counterplay. Spirit does not.

  • @Gomolazoli said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1308120#Comment_1308120

    So if you’re injured you meant to be doomed just because she uses her izibizi ability? Because that’s how it works now. Sure you can use IW but if I’m expected to bring it to every single match just to have fair chases if it’s a Spirit that’s already a broken ass design.

    Even if you use Iron Will, the Spirit can just bring Stridor and delete that counter.

  • all focus has currently shifted to nerfing PH....

  • I have been writing down every match since the mid chapter update, she is the killer I’ve gone against the most at rank 1. This is out of like 280 games though on PS4

  • @coppersly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1308165#Comment_1308165

    I'm curious. What else, or I guess who else, do you think is broken?

    Probably me. Sorry guys, just like running and vaulting :(

  • @helix43 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1308956#Comment_1308956

    Spirit isn't used anywhere near as much as before the previous Spirit nerf. Not to mention they've already nerfed a large chunck of her mind game potential because of terrible and lazy survivors like you and op.

    You do also realise that oni is a weaker version of Billy, right? And you definitely shouldn't be calling someone a "fool" for playing and learning a killer, when you're such a bad survivor that you have to resort to killing yourself on hook, since you can't counter killers for sh*t.

    I commit suicide when I go against boring killer, I like to loope, not play luck simulators.

    Another killer I kill myself with is Deathslinger, you know why? It's very boring, I'm dying of sleep playing against him.

  • @Gomolazoli said:

    You should be able to hear where she is. You can see other killers in your butt after all. If she can’t see you but hears you loud and clear, you should have the same ability on the survivor side as well.

    As for now, there is no reliable counterplay. Just gambling that noone enjoyes. Really idiotic character to play against. And suprisingly easy to play as (just so you can’t say yOu gOT OurGamED Boi)

    Since I don’t care about rank anymore I’ll KMS on first hook when I see her from now on untill they make her fair.

    Well the truth is you can hear where she is. Outside of her terror radius he phasing sounds volume is directly proportionate to how close she is being able to judge the volume of it can give approximate location around you to how close she is. Or just bring spine chilld + iron will if its that bad otherwise if you aren't trying then you shouldnt be complaining about it because at that point its on you.

  • @smexxyhexxy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1308233#Comment_1308233

    Agreed. Spirit with Stridor makes me want to kill myself.

    waste of a perk slot on her. You dont even need it and it just confuses people. Listen for footsteps iron will cant even counter that

  • @helix43 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1308956#Comment_1308956

    Spirit isn't used anywhere near as much as before the previous Spirit nerf. Not to mention they've already nerfed a large chunck of her mind game potential because of terrible and lazy survivors like you and op.

    You do also realise that oni is a weaker version of Billy, right? And you definitely shouldn't be calling someone a "fool" for playing and learning a killer, when you're such a bad survivor that you have to resort to killing yourself on hook, since you can't counter killers for sh*t.

    ”Terrible survivor” sure mate.

    Invested hundreds of hours just to survivor to master the art of looping and carry the noob ass teams I get as a solo. Than there is this shitbag killer that takes no skill to play and is only here to show a big ass middle finger to my skills because they are useless against something this broken. But yeah fair. Let me lose to terrible needy killers who get bullied by survivors with every other killer because they suck. Sounds good.

    Not playing against her and acting like she doesn’t even exist is a right that I, and every other player have.

    People who still try to defend her like there is no tomorrow are brobably remember tho those few loses they suffered with her because of a cordinated SWF genrush on a bad map. Other than that there is no way to lose a game with her. Unless you’re deaf as a cannon. Riddiculous.

  • @LegionMain343 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1308181#Comment_1308181

    Probably me. Sorry guys, just like running and vaulting :(

    I’m a legion main bruh. Around 90% win rate at rank 1. No wonder the noobs want to defend spirit soo much. Theit boosted butt can’t win as a balanced killer eh?

  • @bjorksnas said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/156153/spirit-needs-a-nerf

    Well the truth is you can hear where she is. Outside of her terror radius he phasing sounds volume is directly proportionate to how close she is being able to judge the volume of it can give approximate location around you to how close she is. Or just bring spine chilld + iron will if its that bad otherwise if you aren't trying then you shouldnt be complaining about it because at that point its on you.

    The sound is really clunky and unreliable. Should be directional as it used to be. But at the very at least improve it. Not to mention chase music exist.

  • @Dead_by_chrissy said:

    Yikes someone doesn't know how to counter spirit. And if you think shes easy to play as against master survivors boy you got another thing coming.

    It’s really really easy. You know how hard it is to play as a non broken killer against “master survivors”? You need game sense and a lot of mindgame potential. (Standing still as spirit like a penis and thinking you have the biggest brain ever doesn’t count) With spirit you need nothing but a ######### headset and to hold RMB :’D.

  • @Hag.is.Dtier said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1308136#Comment_1308136

    Even if you use Iron Will, the Spirit can just bring Stridor and delete that counter.

    Yeah but at least it makes you as quiet as it should be by deffault. Than you have a chance to get away. Not being heard accurately from 12 meters away while crouching....These people are insane thinking that “SpiRIt iS FinE”. They are just like whining survivor mains.

  • I share the same idea, some killers only pretend they don't exist.


    Only the main Spirits are the ones who defend this ... but put them to play a trapper/piggy, hopefully they kill 2.

  • @goatslinger said:

    I love it when people give ultimatums. I'm sure peanits is taking this all the way to the top as we speak so to keep you from killing yourself on first hook.

    Hahaha....this one definitely made me smile. It's exactly something I would say. Voted up for sure.

  • @goatslinger said:

    I love it when people give ultimatums. I'm sure peanits is taking this all the way to the top as we speak so to keep you from killing yourself on first hook.

    Hahaha....this one definitely made me smile. It's exactly something I would say. Voted up for sure.

  • @pseudechis said:

    Having just started spirit I'd be happy if more people suicide on hook so I can get some kills with her. She has a learning curve.

    Have you considered that the reason she sees a lot of use is because her counter play is outside of the usual meta counterplay meaning more effort is put into it, making her appear stronger than she actually is.

    Rather than dodging spirit perhaps more playtime and practice against her would work better before breaking out the nerf gun.

    So getting free kills satisfy you? That's borderline like playing games with an aimbot lol

  • this thread just makes me want to be even more toxic when i play survivor :D

  • @a_good_player said:

    this thread just makes me want to be even more toxic when i play survivor :D

    I won’t encurage toxicity from either side. But relying to a broken, unfun killer that everyone hates to get kills with and rank up because you can’t play the game normally and keep up with good survivors is dumb.

    Trueta1ent’s delusions are clearly dangerous for this videogame. Other big streamers pretty much agreed to the situation of this killer.

  • @Hag.is.Dtier said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1308136#Comment_1308136

    Even if you use Iron Will, the Spirit can just bring Stridor and delete that counter.

    Stridor on spirit is like running bamboozle. Admitting you don't have skill and don't want to deal with pesky counterplay. It's so dumb and needs to be fixed somehow, it's an incredibly cheap perk on her.

  • @Joelwino said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1309639#Comment_1309639

    Stridor on spirit is like running bamboozle. Admitting you don't have skill and don't want to deal with pesky counterplay. It's so dumb and needs to be fixed somehow, it's an incredibly cheap perk on her.

    Agreed

  • @Gomolazoli said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1309372#Comment_1309372

    ”Terrible survivor” sure mate.

    Invested hundreds of hours just to survivor to master the art of looping and carry the noob ass teams I get as a solo. Than there is this shitbag killer that takes no skill to play and is only here to show a big ass middle finger to my skills because they are useless against something this broken. But yeah fair. Let me lose to terrible needy killers who get bullied by survivors with every other killer because they suck. Sounds good.

    Not playing against her and acting like she doesn’t even exist is a right that I, and every other player have.

    People who still try to defend her like there is no tomorrow are brobably remember tho those few loses they suffered with her because of a cordinated SWF genrush on a bad map. Other than that there is no way to lose a game with her. Unless you’re deaf as a cannon. Riddiculous.

    There's your problem. You mention having mastered the "art of looping" ...well, looping doesn't work against her. Just like looping doesn't work against Nurse, and is a bad idea against our incoming killer. A killer that requires something different to succeed isn't a poorly designed killer - it's a breath of fresh air.

    I've been rank 1 both sides, if I'm against a loopable killer as a survivor I look like I was boosted because I can't loop for #########. If I'm against a Spirit, I'm doing solid, if I'm against a Nurse, I can run her for five gens 9/10 games since I used to main her, and her weaknesses that let me run her ragged before are extremely exacerbated as of her nerf.

    Does that mean I think the killers who are susceptible to looping are OP and need nerfs? Absolutely not. Just like I feel like the argument of "she's not susceptible to looping" makes a poor argument for needing a nerf.

  • @sekkima said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1309372#Comment_1309372

    I commit suicide when I go against boring killer, I like to loope, not play luck simulators.

    Another killer I kill myself with is Deathslinger, you know why? It's very boring, I'm dying of sleep playing against him.

    Their not boring, you're just sh*t. Instead of learning counters, you take the easy way out. It's not about luck, it's about skill. The goal is to be unpredictable, not be another predictable survivor who runs in a straight line from pallet to pallet.

  • @Joelwino said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1309639#Comment_1309639

    Stridor on spirit is like running bamboozle. Admitting you don't have skill and don't want to deal with pesky counterplay. It's so dumb and needs to be fixed somehow, it's an incredibly cheap perk on her.

    Have you guys actually played spirit with stridor? It actually makes things more difficult. It makes injured survivors sound like they're next to you, when actually they're 10m's away.

  • Spirit power is OP. You have no sense of direction, maybe the same effect of the nurse used in blink would let it improve

  • @helix43 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1311067#Comment_1311067

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1310854#Comment_1310854

    Have you guys actually played spirit with stridor? It actually makes things more difficult. It makes injured survivors sound like they're next to you, when actually they're 10m's away.

    Yes I have and it's ######### stupid.

  • @slipttees said:

    Spirit power is OP. You have no sense of direction, maybe the same effect of the nurse used in blink would let it improve

    Give Spirit the old Freddy effect when she's phasing. That gives her better counterplay and also adds a new skill cap to her.

  • @helix43 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1311067#Comment_1311067

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1310854#Comment_1310854

    Have you guys actually played spirit with stridor? It actually makes things more difficult. It makes injured survivors sound like they're next to you, when actually they're 10m's away.

    Well, I did. Since her release when everyone tought it’s stupid for some reason. It’s littearly easy mode. Chase an injured guy, there is no ######### mindgame there anymore. You can get used to the sounds pretty easily. But playing against it is impossible.

  • @Gomolazoli said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1308576#Comment_1308576

    It’s really really easy. You know how hard it is to play as a non broken killer against “master survivors”? You need game sense and a lot of mindgame potential. (Standing still as spirit like a penis and thinking you have the biggest brain ever doesn’t count) With spirit you need nothing but a ######### headset and to hold RMB :’D.

    Thats literally just not true lol you're just a salty survivor who cant play against spirit and automatically think shes easy to play.

  • @Hag.is.Dtier said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1311986#Comment_1311986

    Give Spirit the old Freddy effect when she's phasing. That gives her better counterplay and also adds a new skill cap to her.

    Lol, are you serious? Nurse is already the hardest thing to learn in the game, survivor (especially swf) is literally the easiest thing to learn in the game. Play survivor needs to be made much more difficult before the raise the skill cap of nurse even further.

  • @Gomolazoli said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1311969#Comment_1311969

    Well, I did. Since her release when everyone tought it’s stupid for some reason. It’s littearly easy mode. Chase an injured guy, there is no ######### mindgame there anymore. You can get used to the sounds pretty easily. But playing against it is impossible.

    NO IT'S NOT! Most dbd streamers/youtubers have made videos showing how to couter her. You're just a lazy entitled brat, who is just sh*t at learning couters. And let's not talk about "easy mode" when playing survivor is the easiest thing in the game.

  • @helix43 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1312545#Comment_1312545

    Lol, are you serious? Nurse is already the hardest thing to learn in the game, survivor (especially swf) is literally the easiest thing to learn in the game. Play survivor needs to be made much more difficult before the raise the skill cap of nurse even further.

    You are either blind or lazy if you can't read the word Spirit....

  • Otzdvara stated in a recent video that red rank survivors IW was the 4th most popular perk. People run it JUST so they have a chance against spirit. I've been saying it for years. Spirit is OP.

  • @helix43 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1312791#Comment_1312791

    NO IT'S NOT! Most dbd streamers/youtubers have made videos showing how to couter her. You're just a lazy entitled brat, who is just sh*t at learning couters. And let's not talk about "easy mode" when playing survivor is the easiest thing in the game.

    Yeah the so called streamers Lmao. They happen to play against a baby spirit and once they get a good chase immidiatelly upload it. On the other hand, when they face an average player in the stream, they go down like flies all the time and act like it didn’t even happen.

    Tru3ta1ent is the perfect example. Most contradictory man in his island.


  • Don't touch my spirit! She is fine. If survs can't be calm it not spirit problem.

  • Yeah,Nerf one of the only top tier killers that are left. That will probably go over real well. I'm pretty sure part of the point is not knowing where she is or where she's supposed to go next. You know...like an actual spirit. I mean I understand your point and don't fault you for it,just think it could've been presented in a better way. If you derank, eventually you are going to go against potatoes and rank back up anyways. Kinda sucks when people suicide on hook. If it's early,now you are down a teammate. Or maybe someone was coming to save you and now they are in trouble. But no one can stop someone from doing it,so it's whatever.

  • @Gomolazoli said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1315125#Comment_1315125

    Yeah the so called streamers Lmao. They happen to play against a baby spirit and once they get a good chase immidiatelly upload it. On the other hand, when they face an average player in the stream, they go down like flies all the time and act like it didn’t even happen.

    Tru3ta1ent is the perfect example. Most contradictory man in his island.

    LOL, you do realise tru3 always streams live, right? And all his yt videos are clips from his streams, right? So it's pretty hard for him to just upload his wins and hide his losses. And you actually have to be brain dead to say every killer a streamer has gone up against was just a "baby killer". Tru3 has actually uploaded multiple videos of him mind gaming extremely good spirits, even ones with the old prayer beads. You're just too ignorant to admit you're wrong, because that means you'd have to accept you aren't as good as you think you are. A large number of the community already knows she has counters and isn't op as you think, which is why the devs haven't bothered touching her since the last nerf.

  • @helix43 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1315337#Comment_1315337

    LOL, you do realise tru3 always streams live, right? And all his yt videos are clips from his streams, right? So it's pretty hard for him to just upload his wins and hide his losses. And you actually have to be brain dead to say every killer a streamer has gone up against was just a "baby killer". Tru3 has actually uploaded multiple videos of him mind gaming extremely good spirits, even ones with the old prayer beads. You're just too ignorant to admit you're wrong, because that means you'd have to accept you aren't as good as you think you are. A large number of the community already knows she has counters and isn't op as you think, which is why the devs haven't bothered touching her since the last nerf.

    Sorry friend but winning a few 50/50 gambles is not a counterplay but luck. And we all have it at times. But the fact that it’s the only thing that allows you to get away justifies her being broken. Tru3 still goes down to spirits quickly all the time like anyone else. It’s just not the part of his videos where the attention at. He often gets 1 good chase due to luck and then the Spirit wipes the floor with him in the rest of the game.

  • @Gomolazoli said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1309860#Comment_1309860

    The sound is really clunky and unreliable. Should be directional as it used to be. But at the very at least improve it. Not to mention chase music exist.

    It's not when you use it right. Also the chase music exists on all sides if I have to deal with it you have to deal with it.

  • A. You've probably never touched Spirit. I would bet my entire Steam library that you haven't played more than 5 games with her. She isn't easy whatsoever, to the point that she is one of my least favorite killers to play.

    B. You can hear her. If not, you can see grass move.

    C. There is gambling if you choose to stay in the area. Once she phases, running away in an unsuspected direction is free game.

    D. This post should be removed as to not incite other players killing themselves immediately against killers that they have trouble playing against.

  • @Arxaion said:

    A. You've probably never touched Spirit. I would bet my entire Steam library that you haven't played more than 5 games with her. She isn't easy whatsoever, to the point that she is one of my least favorite killers to play.

    B. You can hear her. If not, you can see grass move.

    C. There is gambling if you choose to stay in the area. Once she phases, running away in an unsuspected direction is free game.

    D. This post should be removed as to not incite other players killing themselves immediately against killers that they have trouble playing against.

    Hahah used to main her when she came out. Probably still my third most played killer. Press F to your steam libary.

1 2 ›