Tunnelling, Camping, Flashlights

Hello again! I wanted to see what everyone's opinion was on these topics. So basically, I wanted to know what people think about tunnelling (chasing the survivor who just got unhooked when there is another survivor), proxy camping (staying relatively close to the hook so that you can ensure the survivor does not get unhooked), face camping (standing in front of the survivor who is hooked to ensure their death/that they don't get unhooked), and flashlights (ya know the "toxic" item every killer complains about). LET ME KNOW ⬇️⬇️⬇️!!!

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • My general stance, which covers all forms of tunnelling and camping, is as long as it's within the rules of the game, no one should expect you not to do it, or give you crap for doing it. That doesn't mean it's not nice to play against someone who chooses not to do those things out of kindness, or that you shouldn't have an anti-camping or anti-tunneling rule for yourself if that's how you prefer to play (as I myself generally do), but your rules aren't everyone's rules, and no one has the right to tell anyone else how they should or should not play (actual breaches of the official rules being the obvious exception).

    As for flashlights, I'll admit I hate them as killer and find them really demoralising to play against, and I don't use them as survivor (not for that reason, but because I'm not aggressive or chase-oriented so I think there are other, more worthwhile items to bring). From an objective point of view, though, I'm fine with them as long as they're being used strategically and not solely as a taunting device.

  • I have found that most of the camping and tunneling complaints come from survivors that don't understand things from the killer's perspective. Often the "proxy camping", as you refer to it, is because the killer hears or sees something, or doesn't see something that they should, indicating that a survivor is within their terror radius. Tunneling is often just bad luck or due to mistakes made by the survivor, or the person that unhooked them. Face-camping, on the other hand, is stupid.

    Flashlight, i don't care that much about. If multiple people bring them, then i assume that they mean to harass me, and i will usually bring Franklin's, other than that they don't really bother me. Just part of the game.

  • Play some killer

  • As a killer personally I don’t like to tunnel or camp hooks it’s just not me. But as a survivor though it is never fun believe me I know But we can’t always avoid the hook. I completely understand some people don’t like being camped and tunneled but that’s just how some killers play the game.

  • This is coming from a player who is probably around

    65% Killer Player

    35% Survivor player

    Tunnelling: If a killer intentionally tunnels, it makes the game pretty easy for the killer. It’s pretty unfun for both (especially survivor) sides imo and is overall something you shouldn’t do if you want to get better at the game.

    Proxy Camping: What I assume from this is staying in the general vicinity of the survivor. If you haven’t got a clue where other survivors are then this might be effective but if coordinated survivors can just freely work on gens. Overall proxy camping is a bit unfun for the survivor. I think checking on the hook every now again to see if there’s anybody going for the unhook is fine however since the hook is still a point on the map where you have a lot of pressure.

    Face camping: Only times I see this as acceptable is if a survivor was a complete and utter ######### or it’s EGC and you’re attempting to secure a kill. If not then you’re kind of just being a complete prick to the survivor on hook. If the survivors have any time of coordination, they’re going to completely blast gens in no time. If you’re actually trying to improve don’t do this.

    Flashlights: IMO flashlights are some of the most balanced things in the game. It gives some survivors a chance to pull off a move to save their teammate off the killers shoulders. Meanwhile the killer has plenty of counter play against it. I think flashlights are completely fine however don’t be an obnoxious prick and CLICKKKC CCLICK CLIKC spam the killer.

  • Camping: I hate killers who camp. They take a lot of the fun out of the game. If you're camping with 1 gen left, then I don't have an issue. But when you camp with 5 gens left... just totally unnecessary. When I play killer, I always leave the hook. If 'free unhooks' bother you that much, then run Devour Hope or something. Yeah, sometimes it goes down. But when it stays up, it's amazing. I always hope campers run into Rank 1 Survivor Team 6's and nothing else.

    Proxy-Camping: Again, proxy camping is pretty unnecessary. You should be looking for your next chase. Now if a survivor is in the area, then I wouldn't count it as proxy camping. It's only proxy camping if you stay in the area while there are no survivors, no pallets to break, and no generators to kick. It's not AS bad if you go after the person who did the unhooking. But staying in the area with the intention of going after the guy who got unhooked, they're some of the least fun people to play with.

    Tunneling: Also really hate killers who Tunnel. Now, survivors do have an extreme range of what they consider tunneling. But personally, if you purposely go after the person who's been unhooked within... 10 seconds of being unhooked when: #1. You weren't already in chase with the survivor who did the unhooking (This is on that survivor, not the killer) or #2. The last gen isn't done. I mean it makes sense to tunnel when 4 gens are done, and you need to get that kill. On the other hand, I don't expect killers to look the other way if I run into them after leaving the hook. But when you go AROUND my teammate to get to me, it's just not fun.

    Flashlights: They really don't bother me. Maybe it's because I haven't run into a squad of survivors who just blind me all the time yet. But the clicking isn't nearly as annoying as teabagging. As a survivor, I don't bring them into matches. I almost never use them (though I will click to get a survivor's attention if I find one in a treasure chest, or the killer's if I'm trying to save a teammate and I think I'm in a better position to run from

    As a killer, I feel way more in control of the game. If the survivor is being toxic, I can punish it pretty easily unless its at the exit gate. As a survivor, I'm pretty helpless. If a killer tunnels me off the hook, I can't punish him. My team MIGHT be able to, but I play solo and that's relying on strangers who may or may not know what they're doing. But ultimately I have NO control. So that's why Killer Toxicity probably bothers me a bit more than survivor toxicity. Even when it comes to end game, I can always bring a Mori the next time i see the survivors. I don't know when I'm facing the same killer again, so I can't bring stuff to gen rush them with.

  • @Fibijean said:

    My general stance, which covers all forms of tunnelling and camping, is as long as it's within the rules of the game, no one should expect you not to do it, or give you crap for doing it. That doesn't mean it's not nice to play against someone who chooses not to do those things out of kindness, or that you shouldn't have an anti-camping or anti-tunneling rule for yourself if that's how you prefer to play (as I myself generally do), but your rules aren't everyone's rules, and no one has the right to tell anyone else how they should or should not play (actual breaches of the official rules being the obvious exception).

    As for flashlights, I'll admit I hate them as killer and find them really demoralising to play against, and I don't use them as survivor (not for that reason, but because I'm not aggressive or chase-oriented so I think there are other, more worthwhile items to bring). From an objective point of view, though, I'm fine with them as long as they're being used strategically and not solely as a taunting device.

    So Flashlights aren't used for telling scary stories or hand puppets. That's what i do when i use them. 😄

  • @Elk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1282620#Comment_1282620

    So Flashlights aren't used for telling scary stories or hand puppets. That's what i do when i use them. 😄

    😂 that made my day👍.

  • @Elk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1282620#Comment_1282620

    So Flashlights aren't used for telling scary stories or hand puppets. That's what i do when i use them. 😄

    Only the ghost ones.

  • "tunneling/camping" is just made up words for legit strategies. Killers could say that survivors are facecamping gens also lol. Flashlights is also a part of the game. There is no problem with any of these things. The only problem is bad players and they will always find things to complain about.

  • theyre all fine

    unless you camp at 5 gens, then thats just boring

  • @Entity_Hugs said:

    Tunneling & Camping, as Survivors use the statements, don't exist. These are words used to shift the blame (I did not LOSE, because the Killer was being unfair by tunneling/camping!) and try to use peer pressure to bully new Killers (Only BAD Killers tunnel/camp! You want to be a GOOD Killer, right? So you can't camp/tunnel! Ever!)

    So your saying tunnelling and camping doesn't exist???

  • @zkelvln said:

    Play some killer

    I'm a rank 1 killer who streams on Twitch and has 1000 hours I have also been playing for almost 2 years...thanks though😂

  • @KingFrost said:

    Camping: I hate killers who camp. They take a lot of the fun out of the game. If you're camping with 1 gen left, then I don't have an issue. But when you camp with 5 gens left... just totally unnecessary. When I play killer, I always leave the hook. If 'free unhooks' bother you that much, then run Devour Hope or something. Yeah, sometimes it goes down. But when it stays up, it's amazing. I always hope campers run into Rank 1 Survivor Team 6's and nothing else.

    Proxy-Camping: Again, proxy camping is pretty unnecessary. You should be looking for your next chase. Now if a survivor is in the area, then I wouldn't count it as proxy camping. It's only proxy camping if you stay in the area while there are no survivors, no pallets to break, and no generators to kick. It's not AS bad if you go after the person who did the unhooking. But staying in the area with the intention of going after the guy who got unhooked, they're some of the least fun people to play with.

    Tunneling: Also really hate killers who Tunnel. Now, survivors do have an extreme range of what they consider tunneling. But personally, if you purposely go after the person who's been unhooked within... 10 seconds of being unhooked when: #1. You weren't already in chase with the survivor who did the unhooking (This is on that survivor, not the killer) or #2. The last gen isn't done. I mean it makes sense to tunnel when 4 gens are done, and you need to get that kill. On the other hand, I don't expect killers to look the other way if I run into them after leaving the hook. But when you go AROUND my teammate to get to me, it's just not fun.

    Flashlights: They really don't bother me. Maybe it's because I haven't run into a squad of survivors who just blind me all the time yet. But the clicking isn't nearly as annoying as teabagging. As a survivor, I don't bring them into matches. I almost never use them (though I will click to get a survivor's attention if I find one in a treasure chest, or the killer's if I'm trying to save a teammate and I think I'm in a better position to run from

    As a killer, I feel way more in control of the game. If the survivor is being toxic, I can punish it pretty easily unless its at the exit gate. As a survivor, I'm pretty helpless. If a killer tunnels me off the hook, I can't punish him. My team MIGHT be able to, but I play solo and that's relying on strangers who may or may not know what they're doing. But ultimately I have NO control. So that's why Killer Toxicity probably bothers me a bit more than survivor toxicity. Even when it comes to end game, I can always bring a Mori the next time i see the survivors. I don't know when I'm facing the same killer again, so I can't bring stuff to gen rush them with.

    Best quote I've read yet.

  • @DBD78 said:

    "tunneling/camping" is just made up words for legit strategies. Killers could say that survivors are facecamping gens also lol. Flashlights is also a part of the game. There is no problem with any of these things. The only problem is bad players and they will always find things to complain about.

    So your saying tunnelling and camping aren't real😂😂

  • @Entity_Hugs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1286439#Comment_1286439

    Not in the way most Survivors use the terms, which is 'Any gameplay I (the Survivor) don't like'.

    I've been called a camper for not letting a Survivor unhook in front of me.

    I've been called a tunneler by a Survivor who got unhooked & decided to Self- Care under the hook.

    I've been called a tunneler by a Survivor who I found 40 seconds later, in a different chase, who was still Self-Caring because she moved around allot to avoid me. (She felt that I had to let her heal up, or I was tunneling her)

    I've been called a camper because I placed Hag traps near the hooked Survivor and the group never learned to crouch-walk or use their flashlights (and they had 2 flashlights!)

    The terms 'camper' and 'tunneler' are catch-all terms for 'Do anything the Survivor hates'. They know, however, that complaining about game mechanics is stupid AF, so they invent terms & then try to use peer-pressure to force new Killers away from 'bad' gameplay. (You don't want to be a BAD Killer, so don't camp or tunnel!)

    It's all an attempt to try forcing their fake little pea-brained rules on everyone else so they can have easy wins. You'll notice that not a single Survivor has ever said 'I gave myself to the Killer after we genrushed, because the game went too fast' but they'll ALWAYS say 'Camping makes me die too fast! PUNISH CAMPING!'

    The difference in those two? Winning & losing. It's okay for Survivors to win in under 5 minutes, but if the Killer kills 'too fast', then they are OP, or broken, or they 'camped' and need to be punished.

    It's all bullshit meant to make the game easier for the babies who can't handle losing.

    Camping and tunnelling are absolutely real and in the game...I have been playing for almost 2 years and I know what the true definition of both are and I have seen both many many times. I also watch most streamers that are popular and they will tell you that tunnelling and camping exist.

  • @Xavier22 said:

    Hello again! I wanted to see what everyone's opinion was on these topics. So basically, I wanted to know what people think about tunnelling (chasing the survivor who just got unhooked when there is another survivor), proxy camping (staying relatively close to the hook so that you can ensure the survivor does not get unhooked), face camping (standing in front of the survivor who is hooked to ensure their death/that they don't get unhooked), and flashlights (ya know the "toxic" item every killer complains about). LET ME KNOW ⬇️⬇️⬇️!!!

    As killer, I get crap for playing nice, playing toxic, or playing sweaty. I get crap for tunneling, camping, slugging, or using a strong killer. The only time i don't get crap is when they get a 4 man escape. So screw it, play how you want.

    I personally loathe flashlights, like most survivor things, they're way too all purpose. Can save people, aid in chase, hard counter hag, and hurt wraith. Plus they work from ridiculous angles.

  • My last game, this motherfucking Bill is in my face every 5 seconds with a flashlight trying to save whoever I have picked up.

    So yeah, I hit him every time he did it.

    End of game he says, "You REALLY like to tunnel, don't you?"

    ...the ######### is wrong with people? God forbid I do my ######### job, Bill. Maybe don't be in my face the entire game and you won't get hit?

  • @DBD78 said:

    "tunneling/camping" is just made up words for legit strategies. Killers could say that survivors are facecamping gens also lol. Flashlights is also a part of the game. There is no problem with any of these things. The only problem is bad players and they will always find things to complain about.

    Ive literally been accused of camping gens, recently, by a red rank.

    20200518_231444.jpg


  • My man said CAMPING GENS 🤣

  • This will make some survivors happy:

    image.png

    I DiDnT LeT tHeM hAvE fUn

    (It was a 4-man SWF and they brought 3 toolboxes - albeit crappy ones. No, I wasn't going to go easy. Although at the end of the game everyone was respectful and we shared GG's.)

  • @Fibijean said:

    My general stance, which covers all forms of tunnelling and camping, is as long as it's within the rules of the game, no one should expect you not to do it, or give you crap for doing it. That doesn't mean it's not nice to play against someone who chooses not to do those things out of kindness, or that you shouldn't have an anti-camping or anti-tunneling rule for yourself if that's how you prefer to play (as I myself generally do), but your rules aren't everyone's rules, and no one has the right to tell anyone else how they should or should not play (actual breaches of the official rules being the obvious exception).

    As for flashlights, I'll admit I hate them as killer and find them really demoralising to play against, and I don't use them as survivor (not for that reason, but because I'm not aggressive or chase-oriented so I think there are other, more worthwhile items to bring). From an objective point of view, though, I'm fine with them as long as they're being used strategically and not solely as a taunting device.

    you don’t acknowledge the importance of defending yourself though. Sure as a killer you might get mad at the use of flashlights. But when there are pallets every mile or so, dead ends and bad loops, you’ll be wishing you had more than once chance every match playing survivor. It grows tiresome coming into games and getting Mori’d or tunneled or camped on because I got caught once giving me almost no playtime. It’s the

  • @SurviveByDaylight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1282620#Comment_1282620

    you don’t acknowledge the importance of defending yourself though. Sure as a killer you might get mad at the use of flashlights. But when there are pallets every mile or so, dead ends and bad loops, you’ll be wishing you had more than once chance every match playing survivor. It grows tiresome coming into games and getting Mori’d or tunneled or camped on because I got caught once giving me almost no playtime. It’s the

    I understand why people use them, and as I said, I'm totally fine with that. They're just not for me, simply because they don't really suit my playstyle.

  • the only thing that i dont like is face camping as leatehrface or billy because there arent reliable things to do (and should be adressed specially face campers leatherfaces) to counter it because literally u cant do NOTHING against it, u waited 15 minutes for being face camped with a fat chainsaw without any chance of literally anything other than that...

  • @Entity_Hugs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1286439#Comment_1286439

    Not in the way most Survivors use the terms, which is 'Any gameplay I (the Survivor) don't like'.

    I've been called a camper for not letting a Survivor unhook in front of me.

    I've been called a tunneler by a Survivor who got unhooked & decided to Self- Care under the hook.

    I've been called a tunneler by a Survivor who I found 40 seconds later, in a different chase, who was still Self-Caring because she moved around allot to avoid me. (She felt that I had to let her heal up, or I was tunneling her)

    I've been called a camper because I placed Hag traps near the hooked Survivor and the group never learned to crouch-walk or use their flashlights (and they had 2 flashlights!)

    The terms 'camper' and 'tunneler' are catch-all terms for 'Do anything the Survivor hates'. They know, however, that complaining about game mechanics is stupid AF, so they invent terms & then try to use peer-pressure to force new Killers away from 'bad' gameplay. (You don't want to be a BAD Killer, so don't camp or tunnel!)

    It's all an attempt to try forcing their fake little pea-brained rules on everyone else so they can have easy wins. You'll notice that not a single Survivor has ever said 'I gave myself to the Killer after we genrushed, because the game went too fast' but they'll ALWAYS say 'Camping makes me die too fast! PUNISH CAMPING!'

    The difference in those two? Winning & losing. It's okay for Survivors to win in under 5 minutes, but if the Killer kills 'too fast', then they are OP, or broken, or they 'camped' and need to be punished.

    It's all bullshit meant to make the game easier for the babies who can't handle losing.

    Actually sometimes i let the killer kill me at the end. The only time i want to survive desperately is when my daily requiers so.

    I only get mad as a survivor if i can't complete my daily, but mainly because I'm a killer main and don't want to be stuck at survivor dailys.

    I'm sorry to hear about survivors accusing you of doing something you didn't do, but it is still a thing that exists massively. Tunneling/Camping is a valid strategy, that isn't fair in most cases. I'm just glad i don't play much, even when i want to rank up (most of the time i get a bit sad after seeing myself de-ranking when i check in after a long time). I can't imagine what playing at high ranks has to be like since my experience with low rank is actually good regarding messages (probably bc i play on ps4).

  • As killer, I won't play without lightborn 3.

  • LMFAO HOLY ######### THANK YOU FOR THIS HAHAHA I LOVE this meme and this has got to be one of the best iterations I've ever seen of it! 🤣

  • Are people still complaining about flashlights in (enter current year here)? At this point if someone gets a flashlight save on you as killer its your fault 95% of the time. Blinded at a pallet? Who cares, be thankful that survivor wasted time blinding you instead of gaining distance.

  • @shyguyy said:

    Are people still complaining about flashlights in (enter current year here)? At this point if someone gets a flashlight save on you as killer its your fault 95% of the time. Blinded at a pallet? Who cares, be thankful that survivor wasted time blinding you instead of gaining distance.

    down a survivor in a dead space then someone does a flashlight save. How is that the killer fault? I know you can face walls when picking up but sometimes thats not an option and you can't always know that there is a survivor with iron will crouching in a corner waiting for a save. Whats your option just slug all 4?

  • @metalklok said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1288342#Comment_1288342

    down a survivor in a dead space then someone does a flashlight save. How is that the killer fault? I know you can face walls when picking up but sometimes thats not an option and you can't always know that there is a survivor with iron will crouching in a corner waiting for a save. Whats your option just slug all 4?

    Slug that person you downed and chase the flashlight? I dunno, playing killer is just making really simple decisions like this. You have someone down, someone in a chase, someone is going to have to come get the downed survivor back up. You have pressure on 3 survivors in this situation, at most 1 gen is getting done. Sounds ideal to me.

  • Flashlight are equally annoying and great for a killer. If the killer plays it right he can get a free hit or down from the flashlight user.

    Never facecamped because I don't like it. Proxy camping and tunnelling is a situational topic. It all depends on if you see a survivor near the hook, near an exit door, near a 75+% gen or they are situated in a spot near a 3 gen.

  • @shyguyy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1288356#Comment_1288356

    Slug that person you downed and chase the flashlight? I dunno, playing killer is just making really simple decisions like this. You have someone down, someone in a chase, someone is going to have to come get the downed survivor back up. You have pressure on 3 survivors in this situation, at most 1 gen is getting done. Sounds ideal to me.

    ???

    thas not what i said.

    I said you down someone in the open,you only know the whereabouts of ONE survivor(the guy you downed), you pick up said survivor and a second comes out from hiding and does a flashlight save. How is that the killers fault. Also saying "killer is just making really simple decisions like this" makes me feel like you know nothing about playing killer, you have to play around 16 perks, gens, hooks,etc etc

  • @metalklok said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1288360#Comment_1288360

    ???

    thas not what i said.

    I said you down someone in the open,you only know the whereabouts of ONE survivor(the guy you downed), you pick up said survivor and a second comes out from hiding and does a flashlight save. How is that the killers fault. Also saying "killer is just making really simple decisions like this" makes me feel like you know nothing about playing killer, you have to play around 16 perks, gens, hooks,etc etc

    Keep track of who brings a flashlight into the game, if you are worried about it slug that person. On the off chance someone finds a flashlight and just happens to be in a position to sneak up and get that save, congrats that would be the 5% of the time its not your fault.


    Also, yes most killers over exaggerate how difficult killer is to play. Half the battle is making simple decisions in situations just like this.

  • @shyguyy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1288377#Comment_1288377

    Keep track of who brings a flashlight into the game, if you are worried about it slug that person. On the off chance someone finds a flashlight and just happens to be in a position to sneak up and get that save, congrats that would be the 5% of the time its not your fault.

    Also, yes most killers over exaggerate how difficult killer is to play. Half the battle is making simple decisions in situations just like this.

    nah you're wrong. If a killer gets hit with a flashlight its 99% not their fault. Also survivors have the most simple decisions in game aka holding m1 on a gen,unhooks, and crying post game.

  • @Entity_Hugs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1286439#Comment_1286439

    Not in the way most Survivors use the terms, which is 'Any gameplay I (the Survivor) don't like'.

    I've been called a camper for not letting a Survivor unhook in front of me.

    I've been called a tunneler by a Survivor who got unhooked & decided to Self- Care under the hook.

    I've been called a tunneler by a Survivor who I found 40 seconds later, in a different chase, who was still Self-Caring because she moved around allot to avoid me. (She felt that I had to let her heal up, or I was tunneling her)

    I've been called a camper because I placed Hag traps near the hooked Survivor and the group never learned to crouch-walk or use their flashlights (and they had 2 flashlights!)

    The terms 'camper' and 'tunneler' are catch-all terms for 'Do anything the Survivor hates'. They know, however, that complaining about game mechanics is stupid AF, so they invent terms & then try to use peer-pressure to force new Killers away from 'bad' gameplay. (You don't want to be a BAD Killer, so don't camp or tunnel!)

    It's all an attempt to try forcing their fake little pea-brained rules on everyone else so they can have easy wins. You'll notice that not a single Survivor has ever said 'I gave myself to the Killer after we genrushed, because the game went too fast' but they'll ALWAYS say 'Camping makes me die too fast! PUNISH CAMPING!'

    The difference in those two? Winning & losing. It's okay for Survivors to win in under 5 minutes, but if the Killer kills 'too fast', then they are OP, or broken, or they 'camped' and need to be punished.

    It's all bullshit meant to make the game easier for the babies who can't handle losing.

    Killers on the fourms are also crying about games ending in 5 minutes not just survivors.

    I got accused of being in a toxic gen rushing swf when we were all solos but the spirit chased one survivor the whole game

    I got told that im a toxic survivor who has to rely on crutch perks when the only good perk i was using was bt

    And much more.

    Both sides make up excuses to justify losing.

    ACTUAL tunnling and camping isnt fun for either side

  • @Respectfulnancymain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1286454#Comment_1286454

    Killers on the fourms are also crying about games ending in 5 minutes not just survivors.

    I got accused of being in a toxic gen rushing swf when we were all solos but the spirit chased one survivor the whole game

    I got told that im a toxic survivor who has to rely on crutch perks when the only good perk i was using was bt

    And much more.

    Both sides make up excuses to justify losing.

    ACTUAL tunnling and camping isnt fun for either side

    Rush generators all you want, I'll never judge survivors for trying to win.

    What the hell else are survivors gonna do but "genrush" anyway? Is there some other win condition I'm not aware of? The entire complaint seems silly to me.

  • Okay, Camping Gens is such a stupid term.

    I get camping hooks and like...but....

    Wow, my mind is blank at that stupid statement.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1286504#Comment_1286504

    Okay, Camping Gens is such a stupid term.

    I get camping hooks and like...but....

    Wow, my mind is blank at that stupid statement.

    Yeah i was literally just patrolling the decently close 3 gens they left me on haddonfield. I caught that guy in a corner trying to shake off the crows that had formed over his head 😂

  • @Dwinchester said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/153364/tunnelling-camping-flashlights

    As killer, I get crap for playing nice, playing toxic, or playing sweaty. I get crap for tunneling, camping, slugging, or using a strong killer. The only time i don't get crap is when they get a 4 man escape. So screw it, play how you want.

    I personally loathe flashlights, like most survivor things, they're way too all purpose. Can save people, aid in chase, hard counter hag, and hurt wraith. Plus they work from ridiculous angles.

    I agree with the 1st paragraph...not with the 2nd one though. Either way respect your opinion and thanks for the response ❤️

  • @Bovinity said:

    My last game, this motherfucking Bill is in my face every 5 seconds with a flashlight trying to save whoever I have picked up.

    So yeah, I hit him every time he did it.

    End of game he says, "You REALLY like to tunnel, don't you?"

    ...the ######### is wrong with people? God forbid I do my ######### job, Bill. Maybe don't be in my face the entire game and you won't get hit?

    I feel that😂...thanks for the response❤️

  • @Bovinity said:

    My man said CAMPING GENS 🤣

    Exactly like what😂🤣

  • @Bovinity said:

    This will make some survivors happy:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/945/image.png

    I DiDnT LeT tHeM hAvE fUn

    (It was a 4-man SWF and they brought 3 toolboxes - albeit crappy ones. No, I wasn't going to go easy. Although at the end of the game everyone was respectful and we shared GG's.)

    Did you camo or tunnell?

  • @SurviveByDaylight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1282620#Comment_1282620

    you don’t acknowledge the importance of defending yourself though. Sure as a killer you might get mad at the use of flashlights. But when there are pallets every mile or so, dead ends and bad loops, you’ll be wishing you had more than once chance every match playing survivor. It grows tiresome coming into games and getting Mori’d or tunneled or camped on because I got caught once giving me almost no playtime. It’s the

    Exactly!!! Thanks for the response❤️

  • @seki23 said:

    the only thing that i dont like is face camping as leatehrface or billy because there arent reliable things to do (and should be adressed specially face campers leatherfaces) to counter it because literally u cant do NOTHING against it, u waited 15 minutes for being face camped with a fat chainsaw without any chance of literally anything other than that...

    Agreed! I don't like tunnelling either but I will admit being face camped by these 2 are the worst

  • @HelloThere said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1286454#Comment_1286454

    Actually sometimes i let the killer kill me at the end. The only time i want to survive desperately is when my daily requiers so.

    I only get mad as a survivor if i can't complete my daily, but mainly because I'm a killer main and don't want to be stuck at survivor dailys.

    I'm sorry to hear about survivors accusing you of doing something you didn't do, but it is still a thing that exists massively. Tunneling/Camping is a valid strategy, that isn't fair in most cases. I'm just glad i don't play much, even when i want to rank up (most of the time i get a bit sad after seeing myself de-ranking when i check in after a long time). I can't imagine what playing at high ranks has to be like since my experience with low rank is actually good regarding messages (probably bc i play on ps4).

    Yea exactly...tunnelling and camping is a thing absolutely and I actually do let the killer kill me at the end of the game if I feel bad for the killer.

  • @ugDUST said:

    As killer, I won't play without lightborn 3.

    Yea but lightborn is so boring to play against 😭...but thanks for the response❤️

  • I love when survivors bring flashlights. Id rather have a survivor try to save their teammate than doing a gen.

‹ 1 2