That means tunneling killers wouldn't have to slug as long, removing the window for the tunneled survivor to be saved without healing speed or UB. In short, very bad.
It's not the timer, you shouldn't have multiple survivors with it at once, and it should be deactivated when getting on a gen or in a locker. That's all it needs.
It's not the timer, you shouldn't have multiple survivors with it at once, and it should be deactivated when getting on a gen or in a locker. That's all it needs.
THE DS TIMER DOES NOT ACTIVATE WHEN YOU ARE BEING TUNNELED
The gen and locker change would be reasonable, but if you have gens and lockers might as well go all the way and add unhook animations as well.
I don't even see why DS needs a nerf. You can easily just slug them and walk away or just ignore them. You could eat it early game too. I don't think I've had a match where DS was a problem. But then again I've seen less and less people running DS.
We have no way of knowing without implementation. I'm fishing for thoughts.
I used tier 2 ds which is 50 seconds for a few weeks a while ago its really not that big of a difference so i wouldnt mind losing 10 seconds. Imo only issue with ds is lockers it should disable when you enter a locker
I feel like I'm going to get a headache from all the DS posts I've seen today lmao
Let's be real, there's a lot of entitled players on both sides of the forums. I'm not sure if I would say this is entitled, just weird. There's plenty of good slow down perks in the game for killer. Gen speeds aren't as bad anymore either. I'm sure I'll start seeing more survivors running prove thyself. I think the last game I had where survivors were using DS was....5 games ago? And that was a solid 3 DS users. I'm not going to count one or two people using it.
I used tier 2 ds which is 50 seconds for a few weeks a while ago its really not that big of a difference so i wouldnt mind losing 10 seconds. Imo only issue with ds is lockers it should disable when you enter a locker
It's not that different because killers respect 60 seconds, your experience is not a good example of the effects of this change because DS was still 60 seconds during that time.
No the "if the killer hook someone else" idea is pretty abusable, and if your point is about it isn't tunneling at that point that let me tell you the perk isn't designed to be anti tunnel.
You can still slug the recently unhooked survivor, it shouldn't be that hard to remember who's hooked recently.... and count to 60.
If the perk isnt anti tunnel then from here on. No one can deny its a 2nd chance perk. Those are unhealthy for the game and killer has none. Don't say noed. It doesnt even come close to ds.
THE DS TIMER DOES NOT ACTIVATE WHEN YOU ARE BEING TUNNELED
The gen and locker change would be reasonable, but if you have gens and lockers might as well go all the way and add unhook animations as well.
I don't think the gen/locker change would be reasonable. I once had a game against a Clown who hooked me, I got unhooked and he had stayed JUST OUTSIDE of range of the hook for me not to hear his TR. I got unhooked at the last second before stage 2. I had to interact with a generator because there were no lockers nearby, he was right back on my ass within seconds, and he was stupid enough to grab me. He re-hooked me, I got unhooked again at last second and he was right there again ready to hook me a third time.
The best idea I've ever heard to make where it doesn't cause problems for killers who don't tunnel is this:
30 seconds DS timer, if you are DOWNED within the timer, the timer is paused. This would make it so that the killer cannot slug you and go after someone else, the timer is HALVED, and lockers wouldn't be a problem. Just if you DID decide to tunnel, you were punished for it no matter what unless someone picked that person up off the ground. Honestly though killers will usually bring you to an area you've already exhausted resources from if you're downed, so once they eat the DS you're just gonna go right back down anyways.
Without reading any of the comments or even the post: DS should deactivate as someone else gets hooked AND YOU’RE NOT ON THE GROUND. It would be fair and non abbusable for either ilside.
Without reading any of the comments or even the post: DS should deactivate as someone else gets hooked AND YOU’RE NOT ON THE GROUND. It would be fair and non abbusable for either ilside.
DS would need a buff to compensate...an indefinite timer would work.
I don't think the gen/locker change would be reasonable. I once had a game against a Clown who hooked me, I got unhooked and he had stayed JUST OUTSIDE of range of the hook for me not to hear his TR. I got unhooked at the last second before stage 2. I had to interact with a generator because there were no lockers nearby, he was right back on my ass within seconds, and he was stupid enough to grab me. He re-hooked me, I got unhooked again at last second and he was right there again ready to hook me a third time.
Good point, I would also they rather not make DS deactivate so easily.
Good point, I would also they rather not make DS deactivate so easily.
Let's be honest, we're not really talking with people who don't tunnel though(for the most part). I rarely ever encounter DS, and when I do, I usually deserved it.
Anyone who's complaining constantly about it generally probably gets hit by it quite often, which says something about them.
Time changes aren't imao proper way to fix issues this perk has. Fixing abuseable sides of DS is what is needed and even possibly more notifications on which survivors use it and how long does it have left. Although if changes like this were to happen, it could probably use some buffs in other aspects.
I don't know really, it's hard to change this perk without promoting "unfun" strategies that it's supposed to discourage.
Time changes aren't imao proper way to fix issues this perk has. Fixing abuseable sides of DS is what is needed and even possibly more notifications on which survivors use it and how long does it have left. Although if changes like this were to happen, it could probably use some buffs in other aspects.
I don't know really, it's hard to change this perk without promoting "unfun" strategies that it's supposed to discourage.
If the perk isnt anti tunnel then from here on. No one can deny its a 2nd chance perk. Those are unhealthy for the game and killer has none. Don't say noed. It doesnt even come close to ds.
But it does, doesn't it. NOED is a huge second chance perk, since it gives you a fighting chance after you've failed to stop the gens. DS gives you a fighting chance when you've failed to evade the killer after being unhooked. According to your logic, both are 'unhealthy for the game'. Stop cherry picking and showing blatant bias.
(I personally think all second chance perks are fine right now before you call me an entitled survivor main. I also play both sides btw)
But it does, doesn't it. NOED is a huge second chance perk, since it gives you a fighting chance after you've failed to stop the gens. DS gives you a fighting chance when you've failed to evade the killer after being unhooked. According to your logic, both are 'unhealthy for the game'. Stop cherry picking and showing blatant bias.
(I personally think all second chance perks are fine right now before you call me an entitled survivor main. I also play both sides btw)
One will not activate if all totems are cleansed. It can be deactivated by cleansing the totem or avoided by exiting the match. It allows for insta-downs, but relies on the killer's skill to make contact with an attack.
The other's activation cannot be prevented. It can be avoided by letting the timer run out but the activation can't be prevented. It will allow for a free escape with a skill check.
They're quite different when you look at them objectively.
One will not activate if all totems are cleansed. It can be deactivated by cleansing the totem or avoided by exiting the match. It allows for insta-downs, but relies on the killer's skill to make contact with an attack.
The other's activation cannot be prevented. It can be avoided by letting the timer run out but the activation can't be prevented. It will allow for a free escape with a skill check.
They're quite different when you look at them objectively.
Speaking of objectively, would you say the change suggested in the original post is objectively healthy or unhealthy? I would love to assess your bia- I mean, hear your opinion ;)
Speaking of objectively, would you say the change suggested in the original post is objectively healthy or unhealthy? I would love to assess your bia- I mean, hear your opinion ;)
I can't say either way since I don't use the perk.
I mean im fine if it had the duration paused if you were slugged but deactivated when another survivor is hooked or you do some action like a gen or unhook because then it actually does the job people wants it to do. You wanna tunnel your getting hit no ways around it but that one ds ######### cant come save with ds then when i punish him for being a idiot i get punished for it. Want a good example of ds abuse? Here.
(first one didnt work for some reason) In a logical sense theyd be trading places on the hook but nope ds turns it into a "you apparently tunneled and got punished for doing your job GG boi". Combine that with the fact a survivor could just be working on a gen and when you come around they just hop in a locker so you can either wait to pull them out or just pull them out and eat it or go after another survivor and let them keep working on the gen.
It's not the timer, you shouldn't have multiple survivors with it at once, and it should be deactivated when getting on a gen or in a locker. That's all it needs.
And now you're punishing the survivor for the actions of the killer.
No one forces the killer to open that locker, that's HIS/HER choice. The gen one...I won't argue there.
It isn't a free escape and you can completely counter it by slugging, why not slugging now when ya'll killers slug 24/7...?
Because they obviously want the perk nerfed, and just want free and easy kills by completely ignoring every other survivor and chasing the one that just got unhooked.
It's so damn obvious, and yet we still have to explain to everyone why DS is fine the way it is and why it isn't an issue.
This seems like a witch hunt to DS tbh, they want DS to get mettle of man treatment but devs are actually using their brain and they know that would be atrocious.
Not every killer main is like this and some of them only want small changes like a nerf to the DS locker tech which I agree with, but others just want the perk literally removed.
And this witch hunt comes from streamers which i am not gonna mention.
Yeah, it's been a Witch Hunt for months. The whiny side of the killer community is always switching from Adrenaline to DS every other month.
Maps got changes, gen speeds got changed and they still want easier wins.
Streamers? lol Someone showed me a streamer the day before yesterday who blatantly picked up 2 recently unhooked survivors and proceeded to complain about it.
Yeah, it's been a Witch Hunt for months. The whiny side of the killer community is always switching from Adrenaline to DS every other month.
Maps got changes, gen speeds got changed and they still want easier wins.
Streamers? lol Someone showed me a streamer the day before yesterday who blatantly picked up 2 recently unhooked survivors and proceeded to complain about it.
"Devs please nerf DS it's preventing me from picking up recently unhooked survivors and this severely inhibits my playstyle!"
It isn't a free escape and you can completely counter it by slugging, why not slugging now when ya'll killers slug 24/7...?
I already wrote it in another Thread - slugging to wait out DS seems to be impossible for some Killer Mains. Like, unacceptable. But in every other scenario, slugging is needed and a strategy and Survivors should not complain.
Yeah, it's been a Witch Hunt for months. The whiny side of the killer community is always switching from Adrenaline to DS every other month.
Maps got changes, gen speeds got changed and they still want easier wins.
Streamers? lol Someone showed me a streamer the day before yesterday who blatantly picked up 2 recently unhooked survivors and proceeded to complain about it.
Yeah, its funny, there is always at least one Perk where the complaints pile up in the Forums. I guess it is only enough until Perks like Camaderie or Wake Up are the only "viable" Perks left.
One will not activate if all totems are cleansed. It can be deactivated by cleansing the totem or avoided by exiting the match. It allows for insta-downs, but relies on the killer's skill to make contact with an attack.
The other's activation cannot be prevented. It can be avoided by letting the timer run out but the activation can't be prevented. It will allow for a free escape with a skill check.
They're quite different when you look at them objectively.
A Killer can use their 60 seconds productively by focusing on another target or objective, OR take 5 seconds of their time to eat a stun...but we'll be generous and say it as it takes 30 seconds to reacquire your target after their head start.
It takes 70 seconds total to cleanse 5 totems. Not including any time used to find them, which can be significant depending on the circumstance.
They are quite different when you look at them objectively.
I already wrote it in another Thread - slugging to wait out DS seems to be impossible for some Killer Mains. Like, unacceptable. But in every other scenario, slugging is needed and a strategy and Survivors should not complain.
Yeah, its funny, there is always at least one Perk where the complaints pile up in the Forums. I guess it is only enough until Perks like Camaderie or Wake Up are the only "viable" Perks left.
They slug when their nearing the end-game, which is a great strategy but lack the insight and strategic value of slugging to prevent getting stunned for 5 seconds. That type of killer mentality baffles me.
And I can't count the times I get unhooked and the killer instantly downs me and then I DStrike him and complains in the chat....
Or when the killer slugs me but instead of pressure the gen just sit there with me and they dont even know how to count to 60 and just pick me up cause gens are being done then I DStrike and complains about it.
It is really rare that I get a smart killer that slugs me and instantly pressure the gens, but VERY RARE.
Same! It's a refreshing yet irritating change when I'm being slugged for the duration of my D-Strike. I get frustrated because I can't use it, but it is the right thing the killer is doing for himself.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Very bad.
What would diffrence would 5 to 10 seconds make? Im assuming you got hit by a 59 second ds
We have no way of knowing without implementation. I'm fishing for thoughts.
I feel like I'm going to get a headache from all the DS posts I've seen today lmao
That means tunneling killers wouldn't have to slug as long, removing the window for the tunneled survivor to be saved without healing speed or UB. In short, very bad.
It's not the timer, you shouldn't have multiple survivors with it at once, and it should be deactivated when getting on a gen or in a locker. That's all it needs.
THE DS TIMER DOES NOT ACTIVATE WHEN YOU ARE BEING TUNNELED
The gen and locker change would be reasonable, but if you have gens and lockers might as well go all the way and add unhook animations as well.
I don't even see why DS needs a nerf. You can easily just slug them and walk away or just ignore them. You could eat it early game too. I don't think I've had a match where DS was a problem. But then again I've seen less and less people running DS.
But, then again I'm just a filthy Plague main.
I used tier 2 ds which is 50 seconds for a few weeks a while ago its really not that big of a difference so i wouldnt mind losing 10 seconds. Imo only issue with ds is lockers it should disable when you enter a locker
UNPLAYABLE WHY WOULD YOU NERF SURVIVOR NERF KIULLER NO NOED NO MORRY BUFF ALL SECONDD LIFFE PERKS IT DS UN FAIR FOR US SURVIFIROS
-sincerely all survivor mains
Let's be real, there's a lot of entitled players on both sides of the forums. I'm not sure if I would say this is entitled, just weird. There's plenty of good slow down perks in the game for killer. Gen speeds aren't as bad anymore either. I'm sure I'll start seeing more survivors running prove thyself. I think the last game I had where survivors were using DS was....5 games ago? And that was a solid 3 DS users. I'm not going to count one or two people using it.
Same even though i made 2 of them kekw
It's not that different because killers respect 60 seconds, your experience is not a good example of the effects of this change because DS was still 60 seconds during that time.
DS is by far the most balanced survivor perk in the game. So in response to your request, no.
Deactivate if you enter a locker or if the killer hooks someone else.
Could do. I don't even care about the gen part really either bc lunge, just lockers.
If the perk isnt anti tunnel then from here on. No one can deny its a 2nd chance perk. Those are unhealthy for the game and killer has none. Don't say noed. It doesnt even come close to ds.
I don't think the gen/locker change would be reasonable. I once had a game against a Clown who hooked me, I got unhooked and he had stayed JUST OUTSIDE of range of the hook for me not to hear his TR. I got unhooked at the last second before stage 2. I had to interact with a generator because there were no lockers nearby, he was right back on my ass within seconds, and he was stupid enough to grab me. He re-hooked me, I got unhooked again at last second and he was right there again ready to hook me a third time.
The best idea I've ever heard to make where it doesn't cause problems for killers who don't tunnel is this:
30 seconds DS timer, if you are DOWNED within the timer, the timer is paused. This would make it so that the killer cannot slug you and go after someone else, the timer is HALVED, and lockers wouldn't be a problem. Just if you DID decide to tunnel, you were punished for it no matter what unless someone picked that person up off the ground. Honestly though killers will usually bring you to an area you've already exhausted resources from if you're downed, so once they eat the DS you're just gonna go right back down anyways.
Without reading any of the comments or even the post: DS should deactivate as someone else gets hooked AND YOU’RE NOT ON THE GROUND. It would be fair and non abbusable for either ilside.
DS would need a buff to compensate...an indefinite timer would work.
Good point, I would also they rather not make DS deactivate so easily.
As long as you won’t get punished for not tunneling anymore it could have an infinite timer I would’t care.
Exactly lol
Let's be honest, we're not really talking with people who don't tunnel though(for the most part). I rarely ever encounter DS, and when I do, I usually deserved it.
Anyone who's complaining constantly about it generally probably gets hit by it quite often, which says something about them.
Time changes aren't imao proper way to fix issues this perk has. Fixing abuseable sides of DS is what is needed and even possibly more notifications on which survivors use it and how long does it have left. Although if changes like this were to happen, it could probably use some buffs in other aspects.
I don't know really, it's hard to change this perk without promoting "unfun" strategies that it's supposed to discourage.
How about we put this time on top of the stun?
I think the timer is fine, DS should just disable when you enter a locker and get healed to full health.
Yeah, exactly none of those things should happen.
DS needs deactivation conditions more than anything.
Aside from getting themselves healed, survivors shouldn't have any protection.
Or...stop tunneling? Don't tunnel, you want experience DS. Simple.
But it does, doesn't it. NOED is a huge second chance perk, since it gives you a fighting chance after you've failed to stop the gens. DS gives you a fighting chance when you've failed to evade the killer after being unhooked. According to your logic, both are 'unhealthy for the game'. Stop cherry picking and showing blatant bias.
(I personally think all second chance perks are fine right now before you call me an entitled survivor main. I also play both sides btw)
Noed is a hex. Enough said.
And? DS has a timer.
One will not activate if all totems are cleansed. It can be deactivated by cleansing the totem or avoided by exiting the match. It allows for insta-downs, but relies on the killer's skill to make contact with an attack.
The other's activation cannot be prevented. It can be avoided by letting the timer run out but the activation can't be prevented. It will allow for a free escape with a skill check.
They're quite different when you look at them objectively.
Speaking of objectively, would you say the change suggested in the original post is objectively healthy or unhealthy? I would love to assess your bia- I mean, hear your opinion ;)
I can't say either way since I don't use the perk.
Surely enough survivors have used it on you for you to assess it
My statement stands in relation to the OP.
You're no fun. Thought exercises are good for your brain, ya know?
I mean im fine if it had the duration paused if you were slugged but deactivated when another survivor is hooked or you do some action like a gen or unhook because then it actually does the job people wants it to do. You wanna tunnel your getting hit no ways around it but that one ds ######### cant come save with ds then when i punish him for being a idiot i get punished for it. Want a good example of ds abuse? Here.
https://clips.twitch.tv/VibrantElegantSashimiOSsloth https://www.twitch.tv/otzdarva/clip/VibrantElegantSashimiOSsloth?filter=clips&range=7d&sort=time(first one didnt work for some reason) In a logical sense theyd be trading places on the hook but nope ds turns it into a "you apparently tunneled and got punished for doing your job GG boi". Combine that with the fact a survivor could just be working on a gen and when you come around they just hop in a locker so you can either wait to pull them out or just pull them out and eat it or go after another survivor and let them keep working on the gen.
And now you're punishing the survivor for the actions of the killer.
No one forces the killer to open that locker, that's HIS/HER choice. The gen one...I won't argue there.
Because they obviously want the perk nerfed, and just want free and easy kills by completely ignoring every other survivor and chasing the one that just got unhooked.
It's so damn obvious, and yet we still have to explain to everyone why DS is fine the way it is and why it isn't an issue.
I never really paid attention. Is he really that bad when it comes to bias?
Yeah, it's been a Witch Hunt for months. The whiny side of the killer community is always switching from Adrenaline to DS every other month.
Maps got changes, gen speeds got changed and they still want easier wins.
Streamers? lol Someone showed me a streamer the day before yesterday who blatantly picked up 2 recently unhooked survivors and proceeded to complain about it.
"Devs please nerf DS it's preventing me from picking up recently unhooked survivors and this severely inhibits my playstyle!"
No, no, no....
They say...."NERF DS! SURVIVORS ARE INVINCIBLE AND I CAN'T DO ANYTHING TO THEM FOR 60 SECONDS!!!!"
And pretend slugging doesn't exist, or some other scenario they make up along the way.
You portray them much more accurately
I already wrote it in another Thread - slugging to wait out DS seems to be impossible for some Killer Mains. Like, unacceptable. But in every other scenario, slugging is needed and a strategy and Survivors should not complain.
Yeah, its funny, there is always at least one Perk where the complaints pile up in the Forums. I guess it is only enough until Perks like Camaderie or Wake Up are the only "viable" Perks left.
A Killer can use their 60 seconds productively by focusing on another target or objective, OR take 5 seconds of their time to eat a stun...but we'll be generous and say it as it takes 30 seconds to reacquire your target after their head start.
It takes 70 seconds total to cleanse 5 totems. Not including any time used to find them, which can be significant depending on the circumstance.
They are quite different when you look at them objectively.
They slug when their nearing the end-game, which is a great strategy but lack the insight and strategic value of slugging to prevent getting stunned for 5 seconds. That type of killer mentality baffles me.
Same! It's a refreshing yet irritating change when I'm being slugged for the duration of my D-Strike. I get frustrated because I can't use it, but it is the right thing the killer is doing for himself.