DS Nerf...

How bad would it be if 5-10 seconds were shaved off of the timer?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Slightly bad.

    The difference would not be felt a lot, but because it's ~8 - ~17% less, i can't say it wouldn't be bad at all.

  • Its fine as it

    /endthread

  • stupid suggestion. Stop tunneling, here, your problem solved

  • How bad would it be to learn to play around it because there is nothing actually wrong with the perk?

  • @Aneurysm said:

    It's not the timer, you shouldn't have multiple survivors with it at once, and it should be deactivated when getting on a gen or in a locker. That's all it needs.

    The locker is fine, who cares he's not on a genny . But as soon as you touch a genny it deactivates seems fair.

    If you're doing a genny you aren't being tunneled.

  • TBH I've never really been a huge fan of DS in the first place, but just simply 5-10 seconds off wouldn't be a huge deal, I think even for the people who do like DS.

    DS was given its 60 second timer and whether I liked using or going against pre-rework Ruin or not, the fact that people simply couldn't rush out some gens as fast made it seem a little more fair the way I looked at it, even if I never used the perk myself. It felt like the killer usually had a bit of breathing room, but since then it's sort of seemed like 60 seconds is just a tad bit much, with games flying by as quick as they do.

  • Are you under the impression if the forum is filled with DS nerf posts the devs are more likely to take action or something?

  • Idk I just run a timer on unhook and slug and not worry about it

  • The whining about DS is still happening? The perk is fine, the last time I got hit by ds was about two weeks ago.

  • @Taiga said:

    Very bad.

    How insightful, clearly I understand your reasoning.

    As for OP, how long DS last for is not the issue IMO, the issue is the fact it doesn't deactivate when someone else is hooked. It's not fair that I hook someone, they get saved while I hook 2 more people, and I still get hit with DS. Devs said that they are working on how abuse-able DS is, but they also said the Freddy Rework would come out soon 3 years ago, so it'll get here eventually.

  • @Kate_cx said:

    I feel like I'm going to get a headache from all the DS posts I've seen today lmao

    Same. Wonder if a mod could just group them all into their own sub topic lol.

  • @metalklok said:

    UNPLAYABLE WHY WOULD YOU NERF SURVIVOR NERF KIULLER NO NOED NO MORRY BUFF ALL SECONDD LIFFE PERKS IT DS UN FAIR FOR US SURVIFIROS

    -sincerely all survivor mains

    No one survivor main wants to buff all second chance perks unless this is also a bait

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1262517#Comment_1262517

    And now you're punishing the survivor for the actions of the killer.

    No one forces the killer to open that locker, that's HIS/HER choice. The gen one...I won't argue there.

    Should survivors never be punished?

  • Here we go again.

    Hello. Slug.

    Thank you.

  • Isn't the stun time already 5 seconds? So it'd do nothing if you shorten the time further. What we need instead is old Enduring back, and have it shave off all stuns.

  • I only play killer like 20% of the time. I never tunnel folks, I have never been DSd. I don't run DS on my surv build but think it is a fine perk as is. It already had a nerf since I started playing.

  • Just take the hit if you can tank it early.

  • @Meroko said:

    DS is by far the most balanced survivor perk in the game. So in response to your request, no.

    DS is one of the strongest survivor perks there is. The mere presence of at least one DS in the trial (obsession in the HUD) completely changes how killers play. No other perk can grant the level of immunity that the 60 second timer allows, especially in the endgame. Combined with Unbreakable or a locker, there is 0 counter play other than literally just ignoring the survivor or getting punished with the stun.

    How on Earth is that balanced?

    In my opinion, DS needs limitations or another rework.

  • @BunnyTheHutt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1262490#Comment_1262490

    How insightful, clearly I understand your reasoning.

    As for OP, how long DS last for is not the issue IMO, the issue is the fact it doesn't deactivate when someone else is hooked. It's not fair that I hook someone, they get saved while I hook 2 more people, and I still get hit with DS. Devs said that they are working on how abuse-able DS is, but they also said the Freddy Rework would come out soon 3 years ago, so it'll get here eventually.

    No need to nerf DS again it was already done once so stop complaining. DS isn’t Just a anti-tunnel perk so it can’t even be abused it’s working just fine as intended. If you don’t wanna deal with it, can’t be so hard to ignore that survivor for 60 seconds.

  • Just let us to see possible ds timer.

  • @Reborn2020 said:

    Just let us to see possible ds timer.

    No, that would make the perk useless.

  • That's what a lot of these killers want...

  • LOL well, that is very true. 😂

  • POSSIBLE ds timer. Anyway people can set their timer on.

  • @Taiga said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1263424#Comment_1263424

    No need to nerf DS again it was already done once so stop complaining. DS isn’t Just a anti-tunnel perk so it can’t even be abused it’s working just fine as intended. If you don’t wanna deal with it, can’t be so hard to ignore that survivor for 60 seconds.

    A: you've clearly never been a red rank killer.

    B: The devs have said it's getting a looking into because of how easily abused it is. No matter what it's getting a change at some point.

    C: You can't just ignore a survivor for 60 seconds, that's literally an entire gen's worth of time. And because you don't know who has it in any game you'll literally loose before you two hook anyone. You simply can't ignore them, it's not possible

    D: Before you say "then just eat the stun," it's also not a good strat in the mid-late game because of the huge amount of pressure lost. Early game it's smart because it leaves them vulnerable in the late game, but taking a 5 second stun late game could cost you the game.

  • this nerf ideea is a joke 5-10 seconds is nothing,can we finally have a real nerf to this joke of a perk instead ot tickle it everytime it gets changed

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1263103#Comment_1263103

    I never really paid attention. Is he really that bad when it comes to bias?

    Bit of a late response but I wanted to point out that Tru3 gets into a lot of arguments on his twitter if you scroll down in the 'tweets and replies' section. Most of the time on his streams (and occasionally on his twitter) he insinuates that his opinion is right because it's based on logic and evidence and everyone else's opinion is wrong because it's based on "emotion". He even got into an argument with the streamer Monto because Monto had a different opinion that he thinks Deathslinger is better than Huntress, which Tru3 disagreed with and called it "ignorant". I'm not going to go into detail on the differences between the two killers but the point is Tru3 called Monto "ignorant" for having a different opinion, to which then Tru3 complained about people disagreeing with his own opinion. That's why he comes across as biased and hypocritical.

  • @BunnyTheHutt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1263575#Comment_1263575

    A: you've clearly never been a red rank killer.

    B: The devs have said it's getting a looking into because of how easily abused it is. No matter what it's getting a change at some point.

    C: You can't just ignore a survivor for 60 seconds, that's literally an entire gen's worth of time. And because you don't know who has it in any game you'll literally loose before you two hook anyone. You simply can't ignore them, it's not possible

    D: Before you say "then just eat the stun," it's also not a good strat in the mid-late game because of the huge amount of pressure lost. Early game it's smart because it leaves them vulnerable in the late game, but taking a 5 second stun late game could cost you the game.

    I don’t have to be a red rank killer to get matched with red rank survivors thanks to broken matchmaking. DS never was a big deal to me. You wanna know why? Because i don’t tunnel and actually try to hook different survivors. On the other hand it’s basically impossible to play survivor without using DS because your just gonna get tunneled to death.

  • @SpaceCoconut said:

    How bad would it be if 5-10 seconds were shaved off of the timer?

    How bad are you in the game ? I need to call Killer Service Assistance ? Your job is to patrol gen and to hook as much as possible, not to tunnel a survivor for 3-4 gen... If you don't do that, eat DS, simple. And it's 60sec.... only 5sec stun...


    RCENWWVABWC0.jpg


  • @Kate_cx said:

    I feel like I'm going to get a headache from all the DS posts I've seen today lmao

    Killers get a headache from playing against it on a regular basis.

  • @Zarr0ch said:

    Or...stop tunneling? Don't tunnel, you want experience DS. Simple.

    So Killers are just supposed to let you play recklessly, as if you are invincible, for a minute?

  • @ProfessorDunwich said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1262514#Comment_1262514

    Killers get a headache from playing against it on a regular basis.

    Now you're generalizing killer mains. I don't know if you're indirectly talking about your personal experience with DS, but I've seen several killer mains/people who play both sides on the dead by daylight forums who accept that DS is a strong perk and therefore don't bother complaining about it which implies that THEY have never had a headache from getting DS'ed. People like @toxicnancymain can agree with me that DS is fine. Of course everyone's entitled to their opinion and people are allowed to have a problem with DS if they want but I don't think every killer main cares about one strong survivor perk. Especially when they have loads of other powerful perks they can use themselves.

  • The timer isn't the problem with DS. Hell I want the timer to be unlimited but to deactivate if someone else gets hooked (or it THEN counts down once a survivor has been hooked. Maybe 30 seconds?)

1 2 ›