Killer main asking other killers why do you tunnel?

I’ve been playing survivor a lot more recently after being a killer main for years and notice a hell of a lot of killers that tunnel...

I’m not talking unhooked in front of your face, toxicity etc. I’m talking purposely returning to the unhooked survivor just to hook them again.

So why do you do it? The excuse won’t work of “because it’s easier to 3 v 1” because we both know that’s BS it’s the easy way out instead of learning how to get better at the game.

We all play this game to have fun right? Killers wanna have fun and so do survivors right?

Tunneling somebody off hook isn’t fun for the survivor, it’s equally as frustrating for something that irritates you as killer whether it be body blocking or what not.

A simple solution would be for the devs to implement a ‘No blood point emblem score’ In short if you hook a survivor again within a certain grace period the killer is penalised for it, that being you gain no blood points or emblem for that hook. If they choose to camp that downed body then it gives the other solo and SWF survivors adequate time to do gens It’d derank killers into appropriate brackets until they learn how to play the game properly.

I’m well aware tunneling isn’t considers a “Bad word” by BHVR but I seriously think something should be done on this particular issue

Comments

  • "Little to no fault of their own"

    So the game starts...you fail to stay reasonably hidden...killer finds you...you lose the chase...killer hits you...you get a head start...you lose the chase again...killer hits you...you get carried to a hook.

    Someone unhooks you!

    You fail to stay reasonably hidden...killer finds you...you lose the chase...killer hits you...you get a head start...you lose the chase again...killer hits you...you get carried to a hook.

    Someone unhooks you!

    You fail to stay reasonably hidden...killer finds you...you lose the chase...killer hits you...you get a head start...you lose the chase again...killer hits you...you get carried to a hook.

    Yes, clearly the survivor had no control over this situation and could do nothing. Nothing at all. Impossible to do anything. Couldn't even play the game. Clearly not their fault or the fault of their teammates. Nope, it's that killer just ruining their experience and not letting them play.

  • @TheButcher said:

    A good killer will look like they are tunneling you, because they are good at juggling survivors.

    I’m not talking about dominating, I’m talking returning to the hook to down the same person and hook them again

  • I dont, survivors knowing what there doing will mess you up if you tunnel. And in a 3v1 they'll play extremely safe, Running infinites, dropping pallets instantly. Its annoying

  • @StutteringSpartan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1259114#Comment_1259114

    I’m not talking about dominating, I’m talking returning to the hook to down the same person and hook them again

    Then talk to the teammate who unhooked them when it wasn't safe, or the player themselves for not getting out of the area in a timely or safe fashion.

    Of all the people in that equation, the one least at fault is the killer. Downing survivors and hooking them is their primary role.

  • @Bovinity said:

    "Little to no fault of their own"

    So the game starts...you fail to stay reasonably hidden...killer finds you...you lose the chase...killer hits you...you get a head start...you lose the chase again...killer hits you...you get carried to a hook.

    Someone unhooks you!

    You fail to stay reasonably hidden...killer finds you...you lose the chase...killer hits you...you get a head start...you lose the chase again...killer hits you...you get carried to a hook.

    Someone unhooks you!

    You fail to stay reasonably hidden...killer finds you...you lose the chase...killer hits you...you get a head start...you lose the chase again...killer hits you...you get carried to a hook.

    Yes, clearly the survivor had no control over this situation and could do nothing. Nothing at all. Impossible to do anything. Couldn't even play the game. Clearly not their fault or the fault of their teammates. Nope, it's that killer just ruining their experience and not letting them play.

    You are describing a scenario that is not tunneling. If someone unhooks you and you get healed up and found again, you were not tunneled. All this tells me is that you, yourself, don't understand what tunneling is. LOL

    Also, you will always eventually lose a chase, because you designed to lose chases, unless you're playing against someone with less skill than you.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    I will tunnel someone if...

    1) I'm forced to. Either because the game is going too fast and I need to create pressure or because other survivors are hiding too much and I can't spend the time looking for them.

    2) They have a key. It's a smart tactical move to take out this player ASAP. Most survivors bring either a ward or key ring so the key will get removed from the game when they die.

    3) They do something stupid like purposely force me to eat their DS early in the game. When they do this it's like, what was the point? Because now I can tunnel you out of the game at no penalty. Basically punishing DS users for their mistakes.

    4) They are a really good survivor and I need to "cut off the head of the snake". Taking out the best player early is a smart tactic.

    5) They are a Blendette. I HATE BLENDETTES. Both as killer and survivor. Worthless POS all of them.

    But if there the best player you'll be wasting your time

  • @Aneurysm said:

    If a lot of gens have got done and there's still 4 survivors left I might, I feel like less of a dick as they've all had some chance to actually play the game rather than just being deleted asap.

    Also locker DS

    You’re not meant to win all matches, and or get a 4K every time time. It’s ok to accept other players played better than you

  • @LALYTHIA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1260036#Comment_1260036

    You are describing a scenario that is not tunneling. If someone unhooks you and you get healed up and found again, you were not tunneled. All this tells me is that you, yourself, don't understand what tunneling is. LOL

    Also, you will always eventually lose a chase, because you designed to lose chases, unless you're playing against someone with less skill than you.

    No one really understands "tunneling" because - like I said - it's literally just a fantasy made up by survivors who played poorly and are mad they got killed.

    Play better and you'll miraculously notice that you're getting "tunneled" less. It's that simple. Pretty much every survivor that has ever accused me of tunneling was making some glaring mistake constantly that was the reason I could find/catch them over and over in the first place.

  • @Bovinity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1260065#Comment_1260065

    No one really understands "tunneling" because - like I said - it's literally just a fantasy made up by survivors who played poorly and are mad they got killed.

    Play better and you'll miraculously notice that you're getting "tunneled" less. It's that simple. Pretty much every survivor that has ever accused me of tunneling was making some glaring mistake constantly that was the reason I could find/catch them over and over in the first place.

    I love how you prove you don't even understand the basis of this argument and then resort to "play better". Yes, the traditional Killer fall back statement when you don't have an intelligible argument left. 😂

    "Play better and you'll miraculously notice that you're getting "tunneled" less."

    You clearly don't spend much time playing survivor. Especially red rank survivor. :) Otherwise, you would know how dumb this statement is.

  • @Entity_Hugs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1260029#Comment_1260029

    Of course, you have issue with Killers winning by 'playing cheap'. That's reasonable..

    ..Except it's not. The problem is; 'playing cheap' varies from Survivor to Survivor.

    To you, getting hit right after an unhooking is 'playing cheap'.

    To someone else, getting hit within 30 seconds of being unhooked, even if the Killer just randomly found you, is 'playing cheap'.

    To another, a Killer hitting them after being unhooked is ''playing cheap', even if they stood under the hook and healed themselves. Because being hit before they DECIDE move is 'playing cheap'.

    Do you GET what I'm saying? YOU Don't get to make the rules. YOU don't get to decide what 'playing cheap' is, because everyone sees it differently.

    The Killer's goal is. To. Kill. You. As long as they are not abusing bugs, glitches, or cheats, it is NOT 'playing cheap'.

    They don't HAVE to let you run away, just because you'll be sad that you got eliminated. Again; do you walk away from gens for 30 seconds after completing one? Because the Killer will be sad if THEY lose. They may even find genrushing to be 'playing cheap'.

    But of course, only Killers have to follow some made up rules about 'playing cheap' to make Survivors happy, right? Survivors can genrush, camp infinite loops (when they were a bigger problem), abuse god pallets (when they were a bigger problem), and deserve free unhooks because 'tunneling is 'playing cheap''.

    And if we don't follow these made up rules, then we get people who disconnect and fling insults in the endgame chat, and we get told we 'don't deserve a 2/3/4k' because it's the KILLER'S fault they did not know what THIS Survivor felt was 'playing cheap'.

    The Killer's role is to WIN. Just like Survivors. We don't have to let you run away, just because you were already hit once. You're arguing you're entitled to be ignored, even if you're the smarter target, because 'tunneling is 'playing cheap''.

    Yep.

    And for the record, I say the same thing to killers who complain about "genrushing". (I just did in another thread, in fact!)

    Complaining that your opponent is trying to accomplish their objective is ridiculous. If you leave your queen hanging in Chess, I'm capturing it, no matter how much you call it cheap. If you double peek a corner I'm watching in CS:GO, you're getting sniped, no matter how much you call it cheap. If you never block in a fighting game, I'm going to blow you up with the same meaties every time, no matter how much you call it cheap.

    Stop complaining that your opponent is playing the game and improve instead.

  • @Bovinity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1260084#Comment_1260084

    Yep.

    And for the record, I say the same thing to killers who complain about "genrushing". (I just did in another thread, in fact!)

    Complaining that your opponent is trying to accomplish their objective is ridiculous. If you leave your queen hanging in Chess, I'm capturing it, no matter how much you call it cheap. If you double peek a corner I'm watching in CS:GO, you're getting sniped, no matter how much you call it cheap. If you never block in a fighting game, I'm going to blow you up with the same meaties every time, no matter how much you call it cheap.

    Stop complaining that your opponent is playing the game and improve instead.

    I would continue to argue the point with you, but you don't understand the basis of this thread, so it's not really worth debating anymore. 🤷

  • @LALYTHIA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1260092#Comment_1260092

    I would continue to argue the point with you, but you don't understand the basis of this thread, so it's not really worth debating anymore. 🤷

    To be honest, the entire basis of this thread right now is just you complaining.

    I mean, I wouldn't mind some discussion, but it's literally just you saying, "I didn't get to play at all" and "No fault of my own" and "Killers are playing cheap".

    If you want to describe some interaction in the game that you feel is incongruent with the design intent or creates a situation with a significant enough imbalance that it inhibits the play of the game, then be my guest. Otherwise all your complaints about "cheapness" and "sportsmanship" are just that. Complaints.

  • @Kellie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1259713#Comment_1259713

    But if there the best player you'll be wasting your time

    Depends on the situation. If you have a chance to take out the best player you take it. But you don't throw the game for it, in those cases you go for the weaklings and take them out first. It's strategy.

    The opportunity to kill the best player has to be there for you to be able to pull it off. If you catch them first and before too many gens are done, it would be smart to tunnel them when they are most vulnerable, or maybe camp them to stage 2 at least to ensure that they don't go for any risky plays later and/or that you can take them out quickly if you find them again. Once they are dead the win should be almost guaranteed.

    Hence the phrase "cut off the head of the snake".

  • @StutteringSpartan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1259114#Comment_1259114

    I’m not talking about dominating, I’m talking returning to the hook to down the same person and hook them again

    I return to the hook sometimes, but not necessarily to down the person who just got off hook.

    If you didn't find any other survivors since hooking someone, it's in the Killer's best interest to go directly to where they know the survivors are.

  • @StutteringSpartan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1259172#Comment_1259172

    You’re not meant to win all matches, and or get a 4K every time time. It’s ok to accept other players played better than you

    True but like I'd rather make the best of a bad situation rather than give up if things are going south. If I was determined to get a 3k every match I could tunnel one out straightaway or bring moris but I'd rather not.

  • @StutteringSpartan said:

    I’ve been playing survivor a lot more recently after being a killer main for years and notice a hell of a lot of killers that tunnel...

    I’m not talking unhooked in front of your face, toxicity etc. I’m talking purposely returning to the unhooked survivor just to hook them again.

    So why do you do it? The excuse won’t work of “because it’s easier to 3 v 1” because we both know that’s BS it’s the easy way out instead of learning how to get better at the game.

    We all play this game to have fun right? Killers wanna have fun and so do survivors right?

    Tunneling somebody off hook isn’t fun for the survivor, it’s equally as frustrating for something that irritates you as killer whether it be body blocking or what not.

    A simple solution would be for the devs to implement a ‘No blood point emblem score’ In short if you hook a survivor again within a certain grace period the killer is penalised for it, that being you gain no blood points or emblem for that hook. If they choose to camp that downed body then it gives the other solo and SWF survivors adequate time to do gens It’d derank killers into appropriate brackets until they learn how to play the game properly.

    I’m well aware tunneling isn’t considers a “Bad word” by BHVR but I seriously think something should be done on this particular issue

    Wait there was a proper way to play killer? Last time I checked killers job was to kill no matter what. The instructions/tutorial didn't say nothing about camping or tunneling play the way u play let it be that it might not be fun but meh.

  • to me, my intention really isnt to tunnel, but if i go back after not finding anyone and only see the unhooked survivor im gonna chase them

    i like chasing people so im gonna chase anyone i can lol

    also, if the survivor is extremely good i like chasing them as much as possible because theyre fun to chase

  • Everyone have their playstyle and strategies, skills etc. It's not up to you to tell others how to play. If you don't like tunneling then don't do it. Nothing more needs to be said.

  • Tunneling is more the survivor's fault than a killer. There's so many ways to evade the killer, and if you make yourself easy enough to be found when I come back, I don't care about your non existent rule book. You will get killed. If I see someone else, I will go for them but yeah, learn to play better.

  • They used DS in an infuriating way.

  • @Bovinity said:

    "Tunneling" is a silly term that just gets tossed around when someone is salty about dying.

    If you're the weak link and the killer keeps finding/catching you, that's on you.

    If your teammates constantly unhook you in the killers face and aren't even running BT, that's on them.

    It is the killers job to kill you. It's YOUR job - not the killers - to ensure that doesn't happen. You might as well whine that your opponent "tunneled" the queen you left vulnerable in Chess.

    Weak link doesn’t even come into it if you purposely return to that hook only to down them again, that specific area could be a dead zone

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1258679#Comment_1258679

    I see, you are not actually a killer main. This is good to know.

    That, or you only play the tippity toppest of killers with their best meta perks and add-ons.

    Seriously, it is mathematically impossible to get 12 hooks before all the generators are finished, assuming you are going against decent survivors. Expecting 1 minute chases, hits, downs and hooks (which is unrealistically low), 12 hooks takes 12 minutes. 5 gens, with 1 survivor working on them, takes 95 seconds (including travel time). Assuming 1 person working on them, that's 8 minutes.

    And you know damn well killers don't get a hook a minute if they let survivors go and heal up. And you also know that only 1 survivor on generators at all times is impossible.

    No I am actually a killer main and use none meta perks, and also use a wide variety of killer. Sounds like your problem is you classify a win as a 4K.

    Change your perspective of you can’t let your ego get tarnished. It’s ok for survivors to play better than you in some matches

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    Like others have said, tunneling is just a word people throw around when they lose because they don't want to consider the possibility they were out played.

    I go after who is the best target for my objective.

    If I see 2 survivors. One healthy and one injured, I'm going for the injured one.

    If A survivor pulls someone off the hook right in front of me I assume they have BT+DS so I go after the person who made the rescue. Not because I think it's unfair to the survivor pulled off the hook but because BT+DS will take me longer to down them again. So I go for the rescuer because it is quicker and one less person working on gens. The injured one will probably find another survivor to heal.

    If I leave a hook, don't find anyone, a save is made then I go back to the hook. If I can't find who made the save but I see a blood trail I'm going after the person pulled off the hook because I cant find anyone else. That's the only person I found and leaving them alone hurts my objective.

    If someone has been hooked twice already and I see them and 3 other survivors, I'm going after the one that is on dead hook. It's just the logical choice because one person taken out of the match helps me complete my objective.

    Everything I do as killer is because it is what I find best for MY objective. I think Tyde said it best. "I am the killer. I am going to kill you in anyway I can" or something like that. Most if not all these whining threads about tunneling and camping can be solved if survivors played killer for a good amount of time. Learn why we do these things or better yet, learn what to do in those situations.

    Tunneling=run bt, ds or dont save in front of the killer. Learn to loop or route so you don't get downed.

    Camping= do gens

    Face camping=do gens or don't be the first person found. Seriously killers that face camp the first person they hook should not rank up if you punish them for playing poorly. When my friends and I play SWF, if we run into a red bubba that face camps the first person we see it makes me cringe. "How did you get to this rank playing like that? Were ALL the survivors you faced before potatoes?"

    No skill comes into it if you go for the person that was unhooked, and no pallets are within sight.

  • The only time I tunnel is when I get DS'd. At that point the game becomes irrelevent and it's just between you and me. The rest of the survivors can all escape for all I care the second I get DS'd I take it personally and have to kill them which usually just means tunneling and facecamping. Apart from that I don't really tunnel (At least not intentionally)

  • @StutteringSpartan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1259295#Comment_1259295

    No skill comes into it if you go for the person that was unhooked, and no pallets are within sight.

    Your teams fault for making a bad save and using all the pallets in said vicinity. Also your fault for getting downed in that area.

  • @Entity_Hugs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1260404#Comment_1260404

    So? My role as a Killer is not to prove how skilled I am by letting you get away so I can lose.

    My role, as Killer is to KILL YOU. My god, why do people think there's some sort of honor code that Killer's HAVE to follow? And again; I see no one claiming Survivors have to give Killer's a chance to win. It's always how KILLERS need to not 'play unfairly' and 'don't be cheap' and 'Don't use OP perks.'

    Survivors? Survivors are allowed to use anything and everything to win. Only Killers need to play honorably, according to these forums.

    Survivors: Please be a nice killer and abide by this strict code of honor so we survivors have a good time.

    Also Survivors: [CTRL] [CTRL] [CTRL] [CTRL] [CTRL] [CTRL] [CTRL] [CTRL] [CTRL] [CTRL] [CTRL] [CTRL] [CTRL] [CTRL] [CTRL] GGEZ TRASH KILLER

  • @StutteringSpartan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1259230#Comment_1259230

    No I am actually a killer main and use none meta perks, and also use a wide variety of killer. Sounds like your problem is you classify a win as a 4K.

    Change your perspective of you can’t let your ego get tarnished. It’s ok for survivors to play better than you in some matches

    Please, and in detail, explain what you consider a "win". And don't pull the extremely subjective "I win if I had fun" BS.

    And you clearly do not play much killer, don't BS me. There's nothing wrong with not playing killer, but don't pull nonsense out of thin air to make yourself seem respectable. I cannot help but notice you haven't even mentioned those VERY generous numbers I gave you that were best-case scenario for killers playing by the Survivors Rulebook for Killers.

    I do not main killer. I do not main survivor. I play both, all the time, and like it or not I can tell that you are either straight-up lying or are deliberately deranking to bully fresh-faced rank 15's. When the killer plays fair, survivors win. That's just how it goes: this is not opinion but mathematics. Minimum generator time is less than half of minimum 12-hook time (it takes about 4 minutes to finish all 5 generators). So killers have to take shortcuts: the nice ones slug and punish farms. The dirty ones softcamp and tunnel. Arseholes facecamp and bring mori's.

    I know the pain of dealing with dirty killers. But I know why they are playing dirty. I don't like it, I think the Devs should do something about it, and based off of recent changes they actually are. But it would be nice if people didn't come to forums, brandishing the Survivors Rulebook for Killers and pretending they can 12-hook-2-gen a half-decent team as Pig, Demo or Myers.

  • @Bovinity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1260097#Comment_1260097

    To be honest, the entire basis of this thread right now is just you complaining.

    I mean, I wouldn't mind some discussion, but it's literally just you saying, "I didn't get to play at all" and "No fault of my own" and "Killers are playing cheap".

    If you want to describe some interaction in the game that you feel is incongruent with the design intent or creates a situation with a significant enough imbalance that it inhibits the play of the game, then be my guest. Otherwise all your complaints about "cheapness" and "sportsmanship" are just that. Complaints.

    The fact that you cannot see where tunneling, the actual topic of conversation of this thread - that you clearly have shown you don't understand, is the exact thing you're asking me to describe is why we cannot continue this conversation. All you have are retorts about how what I am saying is whining, or I need to get good. I am sorry if you cannot comprehend the subject matter, but that's really not my problem. And I don't have any interest in traversing your insults, as a 1,700+ hours played, red rank survivor who does fully understand the core point of this thread. 🤷

  • @LALYTHIA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1260108#Comment_1260108

    The fact that you cannot see where tunneling, the actual topic of conversation of this thread - that you clearly have shown you don't understand, is the exact thing you're asking me to describe is why we cannot continue this conversation. All you have are retorts about how what I am saying is whining, or I need to get good. I am sorry if you cannot comprehend the subject matter, but that's really not my problem. And I don't have any interest in traversing your insults, as a 1,700+ hours played, red rank survivor who does fully understand the core point of this thread. 🤷

    Ah yes. Time for this angle, I see.

    Well, don't worry. I'll accept your surrender gracefully.

  • @GrannyonAcid said:

    Pretty sure killers tunnel because they want to get 3-4 kills a game. If you don't tunnel someone out of the game early you're most likely going to lose. Tunneling is really the only effective way to slow the game down enough to give killers a chance. I don't like being tunneled either. But I don't flame them when they do it. I understand completely.

    If a killer doesn't care about getting kills and plays the right way then all 4 survivors are going to escape every game. It's just kinda how it is.

    That is not even remotely accurate, all this statement tells me is you don’t want to learn how to play properly which is 100% more satisfying.

  • @Meroko said:

    Tunneling is more the survivor's fault than a killer. There's so many ways to evade the killer, and if you make yourself easy enough to be found when I come back, I don't care about your non existent rule book. You will get killed. If I see someone else, I will go for them but yeah, learn to play better.

    The hypocrisy in this post....

  • @Bovinity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1260037#Comment_1260037

    Then talk to the teammate who unhooked them when it wasn't safe, or the player themselves for not getting out of the area in a timely or safe fashion.

    Of all the people in that equation, the one least at fault is the killer. Downing survivors and hooking them is their primary role.

    It was very much safe, the killer was well enough away before a unhook was even made. 2 others survivors were also around me trying to bait the killer into hitting them. But nope the killer went straight after me.

    You can argue ‘just go to a pallet’ that’s all well and good if a pallet is near the hook....

  • @StutteringSpartan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1260042#Comment_1260042

    It was very much safe, the killer was well enough away before a unhook was even made. 2 others survivors were also around me trying to bait the killer into hitting them. But nope the killer went straight after me.

    You can argue ‘just go to a pallet’ that’s all well and good if a pallet is near the hook....

    What do you want? The killer to just tip their hat to you and say, "JOLLY GOOD SIR, ON YOUR WAY!"

    Well, really what you want is for them to go after someone else because you just don't want to die. You'd rather someone else died. So you wrap up your frustration in somehow blaming the killer for not following your imaginary rules that you set for them.

    People like you seriously make games less enjoyable. Constantly sitting there telling everyone else to play by this imaginary rule and that imaginary rule. Don't rush in Starcraft! Don't throw in fighting games! Let me take my move back in chess! Don't use a sniper rifle in FPS games! Don't buy Boardwalk!

    You're like that kid that everyone else eventually just gets tired of playing anything with, because you can't just take a loss and move on or improve, so instead you blame everyone else and the game.

  • @LALYTHIA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1259925#Comment_1259925

    People who compare tunneling to survivors doing gens is pretty asinine. These are not comparable. I get Killer's don't want people to complete gens and escape. However, it in no way disables someone from playing an entire match. It doesn't rob the Killer of their points, in fact if gens aren't done destruction points aren't available and it's more difficult to locate survivors. Hense the post that exists right now about a Killer being held hostage by a team who wouldn't touch gens and just hid.

    Tunneling, like camping, disables someone from even remotely playing the game. One is very much in line with how the game is intended to be played. One is not encouraged, because it is very toxic for the individual on the receiving end, but not taken out of the game because it can be a valuable resource when a Killer has their back to the wall. This is why so many Killers in this thread have admitted they do tunnel...but mainly if someone else is being toxic. Because most people recognize it's a ######### way to play against your opponent. And the issue is that a lot of Killers don't use it when their back is against a wall or when a survivor is rude. They use is right out of the gate. Which ruins the survivor's match, who waited just as long for a lobby and had just as much right to play the match as the Killer, but ends up with zero points and a depip for no reason.

    Also, there is only one way to do a generator. You get on it. You push M1. There are numerous ways to flush out and kill survivors that do not include tunneling. Its 100% a play style choice.

    So you think tunneling is toxic because it robs one survivor of their points? The term rob is incredibly wrong here because you can't have taken what you never had, but I digress. To say it is asinine to compare gen rushing and tunneling is also asinine. I mean, if the game is over in 5 minutes or less doesn't that mean that the killer was robbed of their points? Only entitled people would think that they are owed bloodpoints. There are ways to counter tunneling, and if someone unhooks you in front of the killer without borrowed time... Well I don't think its the killer that's to blame.

    Gen rushing isn't toxic, and tunneling isn't toxic.

    Any time someone tries to turn efficiency into toxicity I have to laugh.

  • The only time I ever consider it is if these survivors are going to win toxically if I play nice. So, I have to create some breathing room and remove one from the game. I usually try to play fair by default.

    That, or they struck me with DS when I didn't tunnel them down. The amount of versatility that perk has is ludicrous.

  • @StutteringSpartan said:

    I’ve been playing survivor a lot more recently after being a killer main for years and notice a hell of a lot of killers that tunnel...

    I’m not talking unhooked in front of your face, toxicity etc. I’m talking purposely returning to the unhooked survivor just to hook them again.

    So why do you do it? The excuse won’t work of “because it’s easier to 3 v 1” because we both know that’s BS it’s the easy way out instead of learning how to get better at the game.

    We all play this game to have fun right? Killers wanna have fun and so do survivors right?

    Tunneling somebody off hook isn’t fun for the survivor, it’s equally as frustrating for something that irritates you as killer whether it be body blocking or what not.

    A simple solution would be for the devs to implement a ‘No blood point emblem score’ In short if you hook a survivor again within a certain grace period the killer is penalised for it, that being you gain no blood points or emblem for that hook. If they choose to camp that downed body then it gives the other solo and SWF survivors adequate time to do gens It’d derank killers into appropriate brackets until they learn how to play the game properly.

    I’m well aware tunneling isn’t considers a “Bad word” by BHVR but I seriously think something should be done on this particular issue

    Simple: If you have a key you're getting tunneled. Keys and Mori's ruin everyone's fun and a chance at fair games, so I'm gonna tunnel anyone who has a key.

  • @TheButcher said:

    A good killer will look like they are tunneling you, because they are good at juggling survivors.

    there's a distinct difference between juggling and tunneling, plz don't mix up a genuine strategy with a scummy ass move.

  • @Entity_Hugs said:

    'Because it's easy' is not BS. I try to avoid tunneling straight off a hook, but if I come across 1 uninjured & one injured Survivor later; I'm chasing the injured. It's one less hit to down them, which can be up to 15 less seconds in a chase. It's literally a Big Brain Play.

    Why do you think predators go after the weak and infirm? Because it's an easier meal ticket than someone hale and able to fight back or run away.

    Just because Survivor's don LIKE that reason does not mean it's not a valid reason. Sorry.

    Tunneling is not only an ass move, but also a stupid one. You are not catching injured animals in real life, its a video game with BT and DS. If you go after the injured one that just got unhooked, you are risking to get BT, which is 2 hits to down as well, and DS even wastes more time. Those time you could have used to injure/down another survivor. You also get a bad name for killer tunneler.

  • @Pega6 said:

    The only time I tunnel is when I get DS'd. At that point the game becomes irrelevent and it's just between you and me. The rest of the survivors can all escape for all I care the second I get DS'd I take it personally and have to kill them which usually just means tunneling and facecamping. Apart from that I don't really tunnel (At least not intentionally)

    How are you getting DS'd if you don't tunnel?

  • @Bovinity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1260414#Comment_1260414

    Survivors: Please be a nice killer and abide by this strict code of honor so we survivors have a good time.

    Also Survivors: [CTRL] [CTRL] [CTRL] [CTRL] [CTRL] [CTRL] [CTRL] [CTRL] [CTRL] [CTRL] [CTRL] [CTRL] [CTRL] [CTRL] [CTRL] GGEZ TRASH KILLER

    Tunneling is going straight back to the hook after the unhook, and ignore literally everything else just to kill the unhooked survivor, there's no time for the survivor to heal or hide, are you stupid?

  • I dont normally but if it's a bad game and I can only get one survivor I have to tunnel. Or if they flashlight spam and vault spam.

  • Because DS has nothing to do with tunneling.

  • Tunneling isn't as good of a strategy as people think it is. A lot of games I win, I win largely because I don't tunnel. Heck, I had a game where the survivors had 4 gens done before I had my first hook. I didn't tunnel, and i STILL got a 3K. (All from hooks, too. Didn't camp, either.) When you tunnel, you alleviate pressure on the survivor who did the unhooking. The guy who's been unhooked already has pressure because he's injured. So he has to go heal (which takes someone else off a generator, unless they have inner strength -- which is why IS is such a great perk).

    You tunnel someone -- yeah, you've got 1 player out of the game faster. Good job. But now the other three are presumably healthy, or getting healthy, and can work on generators. They also are in NO rush to save the guy who just came off the hook, because he's practically out of the game anyway. Might as well pound out a generator. And if you have 4 gens done, definitely, cause if he has Adrenaline, coming off the hook that's the play. No reason to save someone who's not going to be able to contribute, anyway.

    Tunneling is only really beneficial if survivors aren't healing. Healing takes them off generators more efficiently. It potentially takes two people off of generators to heal up, instead of just one that you're chasing, while leaving the uninjured players untouched. Even then, on the third hook for any player -- you're not taking anyone off generators with a death-hook.

  • As a killer main I dont tunnel unless they give me no other easily picked option, aka they unhook in my face or something like that, or if they're using OoO and/or have a key. That's the only reason I'll tunnel under normal circumstances. Sometimes I will if dude is being super toxic not just to me but to their other teammates. I've thrown games just to tunnel a dude who's sandbagged his teammates multiple time and let everybody else go, or given someone hatch after seeing 2 people looping with friends only to have the guy in front drop the pallet on the second guy, that first dudes a dick.

  • @AvengerBear said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1260576#Comment_1260576

    Tunneling is going straight back to the hook after the unhook, and ignore literally everything else just to kill the unhooked survivor, there's no time for the survivor to heal or hide, are you stupid?

    Don't get too testy there, Captain Survivor. You don't want to be guilty of tunneling me on the forums, do you!?

  • @LALYTHIA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1258964#Comment_1258964

    No. All survivors hate being tunneled. Skilled and ######### survivors alike. They complain equally.

    I enjoy being tunneled, I play this game because chasing and be chased is fun. There are more people like me out there running in the fog, I've played with some of them.

  • @Raulillo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1259014#Comment_1259014

    I enjoy being tunneled, I play this game because chasing and be chased is fun. There are more people like me out there running in the fog, I've played with some of them.

    ^5

    Lets run some loops later.

1 2 3 ›