Undocumented Changes in Patch 3.7.0

Just making a list of changes not in the patch notes so that everyone is aware.

Note: This does not include bugs that came with this patch.


1) Huntress' entire Lullaby can now be heard instead of a small section. This was mentioned in the notes, my bad.

2) Survivor vault animations have been smoothed and no longer stutter causing the loss of momentum.

3) Offering icons are much smaller on the Offering screen.

4) Anti-aliasing is now forced. The Engine.ini file appears to no longer be editable.

5) Breathing sounds seem to have been slightly amplified for both Killer and Survivor.


Please comment if you know more.

Comments

  • @Ghoste said:

    Just making a list of changes not in the patch notes so that everyone is aware.

    Note: This does not include bugs that came with this patch.

    1) Huntress' entire Lullaby can now be heard instead of a small section.

    2) Survivor vault animations have been smoothed and no longer stutter causing the loss of momentum.

    3) Offering icons are much smaller on the Offering screen.

    4) Anti-aliasing is now forced. The Engine.ini file appears to no longer be editable.

    5) Breathing sounds seem to have been slightly amplified for both Killer and Survivor.

    Please comment if you know more.

    The new vault feels amazing and finally I don't get hit unless the killer is really on point.

  • @UseTheValve said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/147862/undocumented-changes-in-patch-3-7-0

    The new vault feels amazing and finally I don't get hit unless the killer is really on point.

    I agree, it does feel smoother.

  • People also complain about wraith and Billy, they apparently got shadow nerfed. I couldn't tell it by myself cuz I ain't touching this trash game at its current garbage state.

  • I've heard the Huntress' full lullaby before this patch.

  • @DwightOP said:

    People also complain about wraith and Billy, they apparently got shadow nerfed. I couldn't tell it by myself cuz I ain't touching this trash game at its current garbage state.

    Billy is so clunky, I don't think shadow nerfed is correct, just bugs, I doubt they'd make the billy feel that bad intentionally.

  • Oni's flick is extremely sensitive now, it's very easy to overshoot and miss now.

  • I personally LOVE that we can hear the entire huntress lullaby. It is so menacing I love it.

  • @Ghoste said:

    Just making a list of changes not in the patch notes so that everyone is aware.

    Note: This does not include bugs that came with this patch.

    1) Huntress' entire Lullaby can now be heard instead of a small section.

    2) Survivor vault animations have been smoothed and no longer stutter causing the loss of momentum.

    3) Offering icons are much smaller on the Offering screen.

    4) Anti-aliasing is now forced. The Engine.ini file appears to no longer be editable.

    5) Breathing sounds seem to have been slightly amplified for both Killer and Survivor.

    Please comment if you know more.

    Huntress lullaby change is documented. The change is that her lullaby now pauses during a chase, and resumes when not in chase which allows the full lullaby to now play. Previously it would just reset whenever a chase started.

  • @DwightOP said:

    People also complain about wraith and Billy, they apparently got shadow nerfed. I couldn't tell it by myself cuz I ain't touching this trash game at its current garbage state.

    From what I have found, Billy suffers from the following (Might be more)


    -FOV is heavily decreased when missing with his chainsaw

    -Flick doesn't exist

    -His pallet break feels faster

    -Crashing feels longer

    -His animations are broken

    -His sprint feels slower



    For Wraith I only know one so far

    -It is longer to uncloak

  • @Hoodied said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1244113#Comment_1244113

    From what I have found, Billy suffers from the following (Might be more)

    -FOV is heavily decreased when missing with his chainsaw

    -Flick doesn't exist

    -His pallet break feels faster

    -Crashing feels longer

    -His animations are broken

    -His sprint feels slower

    For Wraith I only know one so far

    -It is longer to uncloak

    I have proof that wraith does not take longer to unlock with a video I made.

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FWo4P4SLhYY

    Sorry for quality. Used my phone to record.

    The time for both uncloaks are 3 seconds each. On both sides. Just the animation is different.

  • Idk if these are new, but I don't remember them being there before.

    -When the killer closes the hatch, survivors are awarded a small bps event called "pressured" in the survival category

    -After you fully open an exit gate, in addition to the bps event for working on getting the gate open, you get a secondary bps event for actually opening it (forget the name) in the survival category.

  • @leyzyman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1244290#Comment_1244290

    I have proof that wraith does not take longer to unlock with a video I made.

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FWo4P4SLhYY

    Sorry for quality. Used my phone to record.

    The time for both uncloaks are 3 seconds each. On both sides. Just the animation is different.

    Must be a bug then, as its the reason why people get this feeling that its slower

    but if this is intended I will be pretty mad

  • @DwightOP said:

    People also complain about wraith and Billy, they apparently got shadow nerfed. I couldn't tell it by myself cuz I ain't touching this trash game at its current garbage state.

    top comment

  • @DWolfAlpha said:

    Idk if these are new, but I don't remember them being there before.

    -When the killer closes the hatch, survivors are awarded a small bps event called "pressured" in the survival category

    -After you fully open an exit gate, in addition to the bps event for working on getting the gate open, you get a secondary bps event for actually opening it (forget the name) in the survival category.

    hatch pressure has been there for a while, and i think the other as well.

  • @Booper_Of_Snoot said:

    Myers breathing is so loud, you can hear it outside his terror radius in T2 (With rabbit/M&A)

    You could always hear his breathing lmao , its loud af

  • Might be a bug, but I’ve passed through other survivors on multiple occasions. Don’t recall if I ever actually bumped into anyone today. So has collision between survivors been removed?

  • In the Monto's vid survivors movement looked really janky as if instantly switchin between 0 degrees to 45 degrees and so on.

    I don't know if it's still a thing.

  • @theArashi said:

    In the Monto's vid survivors movement looked really janky as if instantly switchin between 0 degrees to 45 degrees and so on.

    I don't know if it's still a thing.

    Yes. It's not always like that but it seemed to me like this starts happening after you get unhooked.

  • @HollowsGrief said:

    Oni's flick is extremely sensitive now, it's very easy to overshoot and miss now.

    You sure it’s not from the sensitivity change??

  • @Freki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1244318#Comment_1244318

    hatch pressure has been there for a while, and i think the other as well.

    I don't remember ever getting blood points from the killer closing the hatch. I'm pretty sure opening the gate just earned you points in objective based on how long you were holding the handle down. Now, on top of that, I noticed also getting a flat 1500 in survival for actually finishing the process.

  • Well, i did get points for closing the hatch. I dont know why you didnt get any.

  • 4) Anti-aliasing is now forced. The Engine.ini file appears to no longer be editable.


    wait so you can't upcap the frame rate anymore?

  • @HollowsGrief said:

    Oni's flick is extremely sensitive now, it's very easy to overshoot and miss now.

    You gotta change the controller sensitivity in your settings, since the controller sensitivity got buffed, it affect us on PC too, just lower the controller sensitivity and you are good to go

  • @EldritchElise87 said:

    4) Anti-aliasing is now forced. The Engine.ini file appears to no longer be editable.

    wait so you can't upcap the frame rate anymore?

    You can uncap them, paste this in the engine.ini file, only the AA is forced, you can still disable vsync and after you paste this, check the "read only" option in the file properties (note that you have to uncheck this everytime when you want to make a new change in the file and then recheck it again)

    [/script/engine.engine]

    bSmoothFrameRate=false

    MinSmoothedFrameRate=5

    MaxSmoothedFrameRate=144

    bUseVSync=false

  • @Kaiju said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1244341#Comment_1244341

    You could always hear his breathing lmao , its loud af

    Louder than usual now though

  • @DWolfAlpha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1244405#Comment_1244405

    I don't remember ever getting blood points from the killer closing the hatch. I'm pretty sure opening the gate just earned you points in objective based on how long you were holding the handle down. Now, on top of that, I noticed also getting a flat 1500 in survival for actually finishing the process.

    It is easy to miss because you're concentrating on the rest of the screen at the time but yes.... it has been there for a while, it was implimented when you started getting points for throwing the pallets and vaulting as well. I'm not as clear on the extra door points myself, but wouldn't say it doesn't happen.

  • They also changed the loop on the Tractor in Billy's maps. When a Survivor would vault onto the bale of hale and stand there, Killers would typically go up and run to the side over the little bump to swing around and hit them before they could vault back. You can't go over bump now.

  • I completed a few Archive challenges before the pages were added and subsequently have lost the chance to earn them. Anyone else?

  • @Desh said:

    They also changed the loop on the Tractor in Billy's maps. When a Survivor would vault onto the bale of hale and stand there, Killers would typically go up and run to the side over the little bump to swing around and hit them before they could vault back. You can't go over bump now.

    You still don't have to lunge,had a trapper walk onto it today.

  • @Desh said:

    They also changed the loop on the Tractor in Billy's maps. When a Survivor would vault onto the bale of hale and stand there, Killers would typically go up and run to the side over the little bump to swing around and hit them before they could vault back. You can't go over bump now.

    Yeah they buffed it pretty hard for survivors unfortunately

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    I completed a few Archive challenges before the pages were added and subsequently have lost the chance to earn them. Anyone else?

    Same problem, can't get a response from bhvr

  • @Eye66 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1244893#Comment_1244893

    Yeah they buffed it pretty hard for survivors unfortunately

    You can still just walk ontop of it,had 2 killers do it to me today. Positioning just isn't the same,but it shouldn't be that easy to catch someone around it anyway. It leaves surv with very minimal counterplay of just guessing whether the killer is gonna jump onto the haybale or vault the window.

  • @Desh said:

    They also changed the loop on the Tractor in Billy's maps. When a Survivor would vault onto the bale of hale and stand there, Killers would typically go up and run to the side over the little bump to swing around and hit them before they could vault back. You can't go over bump now.

    I was able to do it without swinging. I could also climb up the bump and vault into the tractor as well.

  • @Desh said:

    They also changed the loop on the Tractor in Billy's maps. When a Survivor would vault onto the bale of hale and stand there, Killers would typically go up and run to the side over the little bump to swing around and hit them before they could vault back. You can't go over bump now.

    You can still do it as killer tho, it was to prevent survivors using that route. It IS a bit harder tho, you have to jump before the bump and hit the hay, if you do you would bounce off tho, but if you time it just right you can lunge as soon as you land and hit the person at the window. You can even do this with billys saw (not sure about bubba) but that one is really hard.

    Also as others have said you can also just walk but (atleast in the PTB) its not super reliable, via lunge u can do it 100% of the time)