That's not the issue being discussed here. Discordance would've helped here but it's not a perk you seen ran often because as far as gen perks go in 2020 it's one of the worst, especially on a killer with no mobility like Legion. At the start of the match because of where they spawned they essentially had to make a 50/50 guess on where all the survivors spawned. They guessed wrong and lost a gen for it. How is that ok? This should never even have a chance to happen on any map and on temple and mother's dwelling it happens all the time. You might as well start the game with 3 gens remaining unless you're Billy, Nurse or Spirit.
So... Wait I am confused mate. So it's not OK that the killer has to make a 50/50 guess where survivors are, and can potentially be penalised by losing a gen if all the survivors smash it out? π I mean, what do you want, survivors to constantly glow with an aura, generators that reset if more than one has been completed, and a hunting rifle for the killer?
It sounds like you are saying that killers should be able to get 4 kills without a single gen popping. How would that even be remotely fair for every game to be expected to play out that way? In this clip we have 1, just 1 gen popping quickly which tells the killer several things. 1, the survivors spawned in that side of the map because they weren't on the side the killer checked. 2, they focused on that gen with multiple survivors stacking on it. Judging by the speed it would have been 3 or 4 survivors on it depending on how close they spawned next to it. That is a clear indication of where to go to start chasing the survivors without having to waste anymore time searching the corner the killer is in. Who really cares if the survivors popped 1 gen? The killer now knows where they ALL are. That could be the only one they get done the whole match now. This clip doesn't demonstrate any form of actual inherent problem in the game it only demonstrates an entitled killer trying to complain about how they couldn't be allowed to totally dominate in a single match on account of the survivors spawning close together on the opposite side of a map from the killer. People like this need to relax and realize it's just a game and it wont always go exactly the way you want it to.
Arguably the best comment I have ever read on these forums. I've said for a long time though it seems like not all but a large minority of killers won't be happy until there are no gens, or no exit gates. They don't want the challenge what they want is the fun of hunting and being untouchable - or having an inability to lose.
It sounds like you are saying that killers should be able to get 4 kills without a single gen popping. How would that even be remotely fair for every game to be expected to play out that way? In this clip we have 1, just 1 gen popping quickly which tells the killer several things. 1, the survivors spawned in that side of the map because they weren't on the side the killer checked. 2, they focused on that gen with multiple survivors stacking on it. Judging by the speed it would have been 3 or 4 survivors on it depending on how close they spawned next to it. That is a clear indication of where to go to start chasing the survivors without having to waste anymore time searching the corner the killer is in. Who really cares if the survivors popped 1 gen? The killer now knows where they ALL are. That could be the only one they get done the whole match now. This clip doesn't demonstrate any form of actual inherent problem in the game it only demonstrates an entitled killer trying to complain about how they couldn't be allowed to totally dominate in a single match on account of the survivors spawning close together on the opposite side of a map from the killer. People like this need to relax and realize it's just a game and it wont always go exactly the way you want it to.
I'm saying I don't want to run around a literally empty space on the map for the best part of a minute before I actually find someone to chase. And please tell me how I was implying that I want to kill every survivor within 60 seconds of a match starting by saying that I want a more consistent spawn point for killers? Survivors just shouldn't spawn directly on a gen and killers shouldn't spawn in the middle of the map. I really don't know how you came to that conclusion of my statement but sure, I guess I do want to kill every survivor in 60 seconds that's exactly what I was saying.
Technically that was almost 40 seconds. But look, you had plenty of time to check about half the gens before that happened. It was just the wrong half. How would it be fair if you could check all gens before 4 people could finish 1 gen? Sad thing is, your legion and youβre not even using DISCORDANCE ππππππ thatβs a fail on your end
I don't play legion, but got the killer just for that pek, to prevent exactly this.
Welcome to DBD home of the infamous tunneling and camping strategies where killers complain about gen speed but donβt want to leave hooks π
Which is probably one of the reasons. Tunneling and camping was always a thing, but never as bad as after the Ruin rework. Also, that was 32 seconds. The camera panning does not really count. And "I have no sympathy for killers" is some kind of argument, that would totally legitimate to tunnel and camp you. You can't expect someone to care about your experience if you don't about others, so your comparison to gen rush complaining is somewhat hypocritical.
@shalo 3 people on a gen need 38 seconds. No Proove Thyself but 2 toolboxes, that might have made the speedup to 32 seconds. I would suggest running Discordance for a bunch of games. I noticed it is pretty much standard that at least two survivors spawn together and mostly directly to a gen. I also posted about that in the last PTB, I think the problem is not 2% great skillcheck progression or another 5% team penalty on gens, but survivor spawning logic. You might be wondering how often Discordance triggers within the first 5 seconds of a game. You can use this at least several games to get a feeling for survivor spawning regions, and then check if you do better after you feel confident of where you expect survivors on several maps.
Well played. At least you get survivors comparable to you in rank. I'm rank 13, and get red, and purple ranks ( all 4 survivors ) at least 6 out of 10 matches. I do have matches that are relatively even in rank and skill, but not as often as I would like. It's frustrating for me personally to have to try so hard to salvage a decent match as killer, when I can effortlessly have good matches as survivor..
@TheRockstarKnight The rest of the video is not related to the problem mentioned in OP. And also for @evil_one_74 , the rest just shows that these were boosted survivors, meaning ranks mean nothing atm. The amount of trying to crouch/hide against Feral Frenzy, the early dropped pallets, the early left pallets allowing to not break them...
@ALostPuppy@AlexisFox@Brendan_12 not really a need to bring this us vs them up again. You can also say that survivors quite much expect easy counterplay against killers for 1v1, making the 4v1 totally unbalanced. This argumentation will never stop and we all know about that. This topic was basically just about the first 30 seconds of the game, the rest of the game doesn't matter to that.
@AlexisFox If you say "expect 4k every game" I think you refer to the video and that it turned out to be a 4k. But that was just because of potato survivors, if they continued with the same efficiency instead of crouching behind a rock to hide against Feral Frenzy and without the DC, the game would have turned out differently. Again, we are just talking about the first gen. No need to assume stuff and presume any statements
Same to @Brendan_12 , noone expects super easy play. Just less randomness that impacts the game with 20% loss of progress as kickoff. Better spawning points would not smash survivors in front of the killer, it would need the killer to pay attention to find survivors and survivors to make a decision to jump on a gen or play stealthy for at least 30 seconds to be not in chase instantly. That would be a more skillbased start of the game, rather than "I do gens, 50% of my matches it finishes because I got lucky" or "50% of my games I find the correct gen because I got lucky"
Technically that was almost 40 seconds. But look, you had plenty of time to check about half the gens before that happened. It was just the wrong half. How would it be fair if you could check all gens before 4 people could finish 1 gen? Sad thing is, your legion and youβre not even using DISCORDANCE ππππππ thatβs a fail on your end
And technically, for your understanding, that was more 15 seconds; since half the video was him Starting the match with the camera spin. He only got to walk for Literally 15 seconds! That gen would have popped Even If he went directly to that gen first
Honestly this is more of a problem with spawns than gen times. Killers have to really guess at the beginning of each match where the survivors spawned in at. If you spawn in a good location, not too far from survivors, you'll be able to get a rolling start. But if you spawn in a poor location, the killer essentially has to guess. Sometimes you can get a sense of where the survivors might've spawned in at, but there's no surefire method to it.
Killers always complain about DS, Dead Hard, Adrenaline, Gen Speeds, etc... but they rarely ever complain about spawns. But spawns are probably THE biggest issue with killer right now. I'd like to at least see a perk -- if not something base -- that lets killers know where the survivors spawned in at. That would force survivors to work on gens further away (though it'd be a nerf to a perk like corrupt intervention perhaps, but not a strong nerf) or risk the killer coming their way. That would slow matches down significantly independent of gen speeds. It wouldn't need to even be something like seeing their auras. Could be the closest gens to survivor spawns are highlighted in blue.
as long as people stop complaining about gen speed even at the beginning of the match when they should know that they do have the ability to do something about it
Sure they can stop that gen from going that quick. They just have to guess a 1 in 5 correctly. This guy guessed it wrong and started the game with 4 gens instead of 5. Even then, you would have to chase every survivor off it and not commit to a chase because if you do, it's gone. And doing that will allow them to rush other gens. There's no winning for killers in this game. Give something to gain something, always.
Welcome to DBD home of the infamous tunneling and camping strategies where killers complain about gen speed but donβt want to leave hooks π
I hate it when people steal the way someone said something and put their own twist on it. It's not funny or "OHHH COMEBACK!" cool. You do it because you can't come up with original thought, which is further proven by your derailing of the conversation. We're talking about gen speed, not tunneling.
I hate it when people steal the way someone said something and put their own twist on it. It's not funny or "OHHH COMEBACK!" cool. You do it because you can't come up with original thought, which is further proven by your derailing of the conversation. We're talking about gen speed, not tunneling.
A quick look at their post history would tell you that engaging with this individual is a waste of your keystrokes.
Discordance would have helped a lot here. I try to use it when I get lucky with the bloodweb, but for Legion, it's one of their own perks. At least you knew everyone was on the same gen.
@TheRockstarKnight The rest of the video is not related to the problem mentioned in OP. And also for @evil_one_74 , the rest just shows that these were boosted survivors, meaning ranks mean nothing atm. The amount of trying to crouch/hide against Feral Frenzy, the early dropped pallets, the early left pallets allowing to not break them...
Yup. I get those when I play survivor. Teammates with rank, but not the skill to match it. Makes it suck to play solo. Stuck on the hook, and watching these yellow figures walking / crouching around clueless. 3+ years of playing dbd. I've climbed the ladder of knowledge and experience, but get stuck with those that haven't..
I would prefer that survivors goal would be only 4 gens but the killer would start the game with a survivor in front of him to start with a chase. It would be the same but less time walking around without interacting with the other team.
It would be broken because that first chase is instant with some killers... but think about it.
I would prefer that survivors goal would be only 4 gens but the killer would start the game with a survivor in front of him to start with a chase. It would be the same but less time walking around without interacting with the other team.
It would be broken because that first chase is instant with some killers... but think about it.
Well, survivors have 5 gens, killers up to 12 hooks. How about starting the game with a survivor on the hook?
Technically that was almost 40 seconds. But look, you had plenty of time to check about half the gens before that happened. It was just the wrong half. How would it be fair if you could check all gens before 4 people could finish 1 gen? Sad thing is, your legion and youβre not even using DISCORDANCE ππππππ thatβs a fail on your end
Don't really see the sad part. Didn't know that a Legion has to run discordance but ok
That is what smart people do. They plan what gen have to be done and which are good to defend. That's called strategy. Most of killers doesn't know things like that.
well,the first 2 gens are the easiest, so use this to look for 3-5 gens which are closer together, to protect them. It is impossible to protect the whole map. Do not protect gens, you cannot protect (like gens far away from the other gens, or gens that are not in the same level as you (like gens on top of something or in th cellar, wherever...)
I'm saying I don't want to run around a literally empty space on the map for the best part of a minute before I actually find someone to chase. And please tell me how I was implying that I want to kill every survivor within 60 seconds of a match starting by saying that I want a more consistent spawn point for killers? Survivors just shouldn't spawn directly on a gen and killers shouldn't spawn in the middle of the map. I really don't know how you came to that conclusion of my statement but sure, I guess I do want to kill every survivor in 60 seconds that's exactly what I was saying.
I never said or implied that you wanted to kill all the survivors in 60 seconds, I said "It sounds like you are saying that killers should be able to get 4 kills without a single gen popping." That means a match should play out where the killer is able to interrupt survivors before they complete whatever gens they work on throughout the entire match and stop them from popping. This was in response to you saying "They guessed wrong and lost a gen for it. How is that ok?" It's ok because that was the consequence of making the wrong decision. Was it possible for this player to make the right decision? Yes, it was. Was it possible for this player to know if the decision they were making was right or wrong? No, it wasn't. Both killers and survivors have to make those kind of decisions from time to time and guessing wrong has consequences. That doesn't automatically make it unfair. As for not wanting to run around trying to find someone to chase, that sounds like you may be playing the wrong game since survivors are encouraged to try to not be seen unless they have an advantage in a given chase. It's up to the killer to ferret them out of hiding when the killer would have the chase advantage. So you simply are not going to get survivors and the killer spawning in set locations that give some kind of advantage to one side or the other. The spawn locations will be random and that randomness will sometimes cause survivors to spawn near each other and near a gen. Also it will sometimes spawn the killer in a place where they start chasing someone in the first 5 seconds of a match.
@ALostPuppy@AlexisFox@Brendan_12 not really a need to bring this us vs them up again. You can also say that survivors quite much expect easy counterplay against killers for 1v1, making the 4v1 totally unbalanced. This argumentation will never stop and we all know about that. This topic was basically just about the first 30 seconds of the game, the rest of the game doesn't matter to that.
@AlexisFox If you say "expect 4k every game" I think you refer to the video and that it turned out to be a 4k. But that was just because of potato survivors, if they continued with the same efficiency instead of crouching behind a rock to hide against Feral Frenzy and without the DC, the game would have turned out differently. Again, we are just talking about the first gen. No need to assume stuff and presume any statements
Same to @Brendan_12 , noone expects super easy play. Just less randomness that impacts the game with 20% loss of progress as kickoff. Better spawning points would not smash survivors in front of the killer, it would need the killer to pay attention to find survivors and survivors to make a decision to jump on a gen or play stealthy for at least 30 seconds to be not in chase instantly. That would be a more skillbased start of the game, rather than "I do gens, 50% of my matches it finishes because I got lucky" or "50% of my games I find the correct gen because I got lucky"
I have to disagree with you on your comment that "This topic was basically just about the first 30 seconds of the game, the rest of the game doesn't matter to that." The rest of the game does matter quite a bit. By the OP posting this thread in the first place they were insinuating that there was a problem. Clearly from the video of the full match that 1 gen that was completed was inconsequential since it made no difference what so ever in the outcome of the match. So there was no issue here, just a killer posting a gripe about something that prevented them from getting a complete shut out match.
To your comments directly to me specifically, you talk about if the survivors continued with the same efficiency. Honestly, the only reason they had the 'efficiency' as you put it was because the were yet unapposed. The only way for that efficiency to continue would be for the killer to have completely ignored the survivors and just let them go from gen to gen freely. Since that didn't happen and the fact that if a killer is actually trying to play the match they wouldn't let the survivors do that your point in this regard is irrelevant.
I have to disagree with you on your comment that "This topic was basically just about the first 30 seconds of the game, the rest of the game doesn't matter to that." The rest of the game does matter quite a bit. By the OP posting this thread in the first place they were insinuating that there was a problem. Clearly from the video of the full match that 1 gen that was completed was inconsequential since it made no difference what so ever in the outcome of the match. So there was no issue here, just a killer posting a gripe about something that prevented them from getting a complete shut out match.
To your comments directly to me specifically, you talk about if the survivors continued with the same efficiency. Honestly, the only reason they had the 'efficiency' as you put it was because the were yet unapposed. The only way for that efficiency to continue would be for the killer to have completely ignored the survivors and just let them go from gen to gen freely. Since that didn't happen and the fact that if a killer is actually trying to play the match they wouldn't let the survivors do that your point in this regard is irrelevant.
Well, then we disagree. If survivors throw the game is pretty much irrelevant to me, when the problem is basically to start the game with 4 gens. If decent survivors get to finish the first gen before the first chase starts, the killer pretty much relies on mistakes of the survivors and is himself not allowed to do some, to catch up with that in most games. And this is the issue. Not that potatoes don't manage to get anything done once they see a killer.
And to the second: you didn't even respond to what I directed at you. I was talking about your "expect 4k" insinuation and that the video does not imply that OP requests 4k...
Well, then we disagree. If survivors throw the game is pretty much irrelevant to me, when the problem is basically to start the game with 4 gens. If decent survivors get to finish the first gen before the first chase starts, the killer pretty much relies on mistakes of the survivors and is himself not allowed to do some, to catch up with that in most games. And this is the issue. Not that potatoes don't manage to get anything done once they see a killer.
And to the second: you didn't even respond to what I directed at you. I was talking about your "expect 4k" insinuation and that the video does not imply that OP requests 4k...
I can't address your inability to understand deductive reasoning. If it makes no sense to you why someone would deduce something with evidence that points to it I simply can't help you.
I can't address your inability to understand deductive reasoning. If it makes no sense to you why someone would deduce something with evidence that points to it I simply can't help you.
As a killer You absolutely donβt have limited movement speed π first of all that factor depends mostly on map size which most are small-medium. And theyβre getting shrunk even more in the future. There are a few killers I feel need compensation for their lack of potential but most seem pretty much just fine. You got plenty of high mobility killers like spirit, billy, oni, op fast cloaked wraiths with fast uncloaks abilities π whatever man ....I canβt argue with you about the obvious.
discordance helps plenty what are you talking about. The killer could have broken that up before it finished in 30 seconds π
Your point was automatically invalid when you mentioned op fast cloaled wraith abilities. My man having trouble with wraith lmao
@ALostPuppy@AlexisFox@Brendan_12 not really a need to bring this us vs them up again. You can also say that survivors quite much expect easy counterplay against killers for 1v1, making the 4v1 totally unbalanced. This argumentation will never stop and we all know about that. This topic was basically just about the first 30 seconds of the game, the rest of the game doesn't matter to that.
@AlexisFox If you say "expect 4k every game" I think you refer to the video and that it turned out to be a 4k. But that was just because of potato survivors, if they continued with the same efficiency instead of crouching behind a rock to hide against Feral Frenzy and without the DC, the game would have turned out differently. Again, we are just talking about the first gen. No need to assume stuff and presume any statements
Same to @Brendan_12 , noone expects super easy play. Just less randomness that impacts the game with 20% loss of progress as kickoff. Better spawning points would not smash survivors in front of the killer, it would need the killer to pay attention to find survivors and survivors to make a decision to jump on a gen or play stealthy for at least 30 seconds to be not in chase instantly. That would be a more skillbased start of the game, rather than "I do gens, 50% of my matches it finishes because I got lucky" or "50% of my games I find the correct gen because I got lucky"
@Deadeye you may be right re spawns. However there are still perks that effect spawns - or rather not perks but bonuses. Would these too be removed then?
And regardless of what is introduced, either main survivors or main killers will kick off and get angsty because they feel they're been persecuted at some level or other I feel.
This is exactly why I run Discordance on Legion. If they try doing a gen together, they're in for some stabby stabby fun times together.
That said, Discordance doesn't always give a ton of value. But when it does, it's exactly where you needed it.
As for this specific situation...I feel like it's a huge misplay for survivors to blow everything on the first gen. (Especially when it's an out of the way one, like on a second floor on some maps.) Those first gens are the easiest by far, why try hard on those and then just get stuck on the last couple?
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
So... Wait I am confused mate. So it's not OK that the killer has to make a 50/50 guess where survivors are, and can potentially be penalised by losing a gen if all the survivors smash it out? π I mean, what do you want, survivors to constantly glow with an aura, generators that reset if more than one has been completed, and a hunting rifle for the killer?
Arguably the best comment I have ever read on these forums. I've said for a long time though it seems like not all but a large minority of killers won't be happy until there are no gens, or no exit gates. They don't want the challenge what they want is the fun of hunting and being untouchable - or having an inability to lose.
I'm saying I don't want to run around a literally empty space on the map for the best part of a minute before I actually find someone to chase. And please tell me how I was implying that I want to kill every survivor within 60 seconds of a match starting by saying that I want a more consistent spawn point for killers? Survivors just shouldn't spawn directly on a gen and killers shouldn't spawn in the middle of the map. I really don't know how you came to that conclusion of my statement but sure, I guess I do want to kill every survivor in 60 seconds that's exactly what I was saying.
You got really lucky with that early DC saved you about 3 hook times and reduced at of repair and pressure
I don't play legion, but got the killer just for that pek, to prevent exactly this.
Which is probably one of the reasons. Tunneling and camping was always a thing, but never as bad as after the Ruin rework. Also, that was 32 seconds. The camera panning does not really count. And "I have no sympathy for killers" is some kind of argument, that would totally legitimate to tunnel and camp you. You can't expect someone to care about your experience if you don't about others, so your comparison to gen rush complaining is somewhat hypocritical.
@shalo 3 people on a gen need 38 seconds. No Proove Thyself but 2 toolboxes, that might have made the speedup to 32 seconds. I would suggest running Discordance for a bunch of games. I noticed it is pretty much standard that at least two survivors spawn together and mostly directly to a gen. I also posted about that in the last PTB, I think the problem is not 2% great skillcheck progression or another 5% team penalty on gens, but survivor spawning logic. You might be wondering how often Discordance triggers within the first 5 seconds of a game. You can use this at least several games to get a feeling for survivor spawning regions, and then check if you do better after you feel confident of where you expect survivors on several maps.
@TheRockstarKnight The rest of the video is not related to the problem mentioned in OP. And also for @evil_one_74 , the rest just shows that these were boosted survivors, meaning ranks mean nothing atm. The amount of trying to crouch/hide against Feral Frenzy, the early dropped pallets, the early left pallets allowing to not break them...
@ALostPuppy @AlexisFox @Brendan_12 not really a need to bring this us vs them up again. You can also say that survivors quite much expect easy counterplay against killers for 1v1, making the 4v1 totally unbalanced. This argumentation will never stop and we all know about that. This topic was basically just about the first 30 seconds of the game, the rest of the game doesn't matter to that.
@AlexisFox If you say "expect 4k every game" I think you refer to the video and that it turned out to be a 4k. But that was just because of potato survivors, if they continued with the same efficiency instead of crouching behind a rock to hide against Feral Frenzy and without the DC, the game would have turned out differently. Again, we are just talking about the first gen. No need to assume stuff and presume any statements
Same to @Brendan_12 , noone expects super easy play. Just less randomness that impacts the game with 20% loss of progress as kickoff. Better spawning points would not smash survivors in front of the killer, it would need the killer to pay attention to find survivors and survivors to make a decision to jump on a gen or play stealthy for at least 30 seconds to be not in chase instantly. That would be a more skillbased start of the game, rather than "I do gens, 50% of my matches it finishes because I got lucky" or "50% of my games I find the correct gen because I got lucky"
And technically, for your understanding, that was more 15 seconds; since half the video was him Starting the match with the camera spin. He only got to walk for Literally 15 seconds! That gen would have popped Even If he went directly to that gen first
Why are there so many toxic survivors here?
Honestly this is more of a problem with spawns than gen times. Killers have to really guess at the beginning of each match where the survivors spawned in at. If you spawn in a good location, not too far from survivors, you'll be able to get a rolling start. But if you spawn in a poor location, the killer essentially has to guess. Sometimes you can get a sense of where the survivors might've spawned in at, but there's no surefire method to it.
Killers always complain about DS, Dead Hard, Adrenaline, Gen Speeds, etc... but they rarely ever complain about spawns. But spawns are probably THE biggest issue with killer right now. I'd like to at least see a perk -- if not something base -- that lets killers know where the survivors spawned in at. That would force survivors to work on gens further away (though it'd be a nerf to a perk like corrupt intervention perhaps, but not a strong nerf) or risk the killer coming their way. That would slow matches down significantly independent of gen speeds. It wouldn't need to even be something like seeing their auras. Could be the closest gens to survivor spawns are highlighted in blue.
That's how it happens. "Oh I guessed the wrong direction! Instant gen pop!" Survivors think this is fair as well.
Sure they can stop that gen from going that quick. They just have to guess a 1 in 5 correctly. This guy guessed it wrong and started the game with 4 gens instead of 5. Even then, you would have to chase every survivor off it and not commit to a chase because if you do, it's gone. And doing that will allow them to rush other gens. There's no winning for killers in this game. Give something to gain something, always.
I hate it when people steal the way someone said something and put their own twist on it. It's not funny or "OHHH COMEBACK!" cool. You do it because you can't come up with original thought, which is further proven by your derailing of the conversation. We're talking about gen speed, not tunneling.
A quick look at their post history would tell you that engaging with this individual is a waste of your keystrokes.
Discordance would have helped a lot here. I try to use it when I get lucky with the bloodweb, but for Legion, it's one of their own perks. At least you knew everyone was on the same gen.
4 survivors on a gen, and theyve had a toolbox or 2. It sucks but it happens. Also you went the wrong direction at the start. Just bad luck.
Yup. I get those when I play survivor. Teammates with rank, but not the skill to match it. Makes it suck to play solo. Stuck on the hook, and watching these yellow figures walking / crouching around clueless. 3+ years of playing dbd. I've climbed the ladder of knowledge and experience, but get stuck with those that haven't..
I would prefer that survivors goal would be only 4 gens but the killer would start the game with a survivor in front of him to start with a chase. It would be the same but less time walking around without interacting with the other team.
It would be broken because that first chase is instant with some killers... but think about it.
Well, survivors have 5 gens, killers up to 12 hooks. How about starting the game with a survivor on the hook?
Don't really see the sad part. Didn't know that a Legion has to run discordance but ok
Imagine being a survivor who complains about the only viable strat against sweaty SWF's.
Most of the killers=30%
well,the first 2 gens are the easiest, so use this to look for 3-5 gens which are closer together, to protect them. It is impossible to protect the whole map. Do not protect gens, you cannot protect (like gens far away from the other gens, or gens that are not in the same level as you (like gens on top of something or in th cellar, wherever...)
I never said or implied that you wanted to kill all the survivors in 60 seconds, I said "It sounds like you are saying that killers should be able to get 4 kills without a single gen popping." That means a match should play out where the killer is able to interrupt survivors before they complete whatever gens they work on throughout the entire match and stop them from popping. This was in response to you saying "They guessed wrong and lost a gen for it. How is that ok?" It's ok because that was the consequence of making the wrong decision. Was it possible for this player to make the right decision? Yes, it was. Was it possible for this player to know if the decision they were making was right or wrong? No, it wasn't. Both killers and survivors have to make those kind of decisions from time to time and guessing wrong has consequences. That doesn't automatically make it unfair. As for not wanting to run around trying to find someone to chase, that sounds like you may be playing the wrong game since survivors are encouraged to try to not be seen unless they have an advantage in a given chase. It's up to the killer to ferret them out of hiding when the killer would have the chase advantage. So you simply are not going to get survivors and the killer spawning in set locations that give some kind of advantage to one side or the other. The spawn locations will be random and that randomness will sometimes cause survivors to spawn near each other and near a gen. Also it will sometimes spawn the killer in a place where they start chasing someone in the first 5 seconds of a match.
I have to disagree with you on your comment that "This topic was basically just about the first 30 seconds of the game, the rest of the game doesn't matter to that." The rest of the game does matter quite a bit. By the OP posting this thread in the first place they were insinuating that there was a problem. Clearly from the video of the full match that 1 gen that was completed was inconsequential since it made no difference what so ever in the outcome of the match. So there was no issue here, just a killer posting a gripe about something that prevented them from getting a complete shut out match.
To your comments directly to me specifically, you talk about if the survivors continued with the same efficiency. Honestly, the only reason they had the 'efficiency' as you put it was because the were yet unapposed. The only way for that efficiency to continue would be for the killer to have completely ignored the survivors and just let them go from gen to gen freely. Since that didn't happen and the fact that if a killer is actually trying to play the match they wouldn't let the survivors do that your point in this regard is irrelevant.
Well, then we disagree. If survivors throw the game is pretty much irrelevant to me, when the problem is basically to start the game with 4 gens. If decent survivors get to finish the first gen before the first chase starts, the killer pretty much relies on mistakes of the survivors and is himself not allowed to do some, to catch up with that in most games. And this is the issue. Not that potatoes don't manage to get anything done once they see a killer.
And to the second: you didn't even respond to what I directed at you. I was talking about your "expect 4k" insinuation and that the video does not imply that OP requests 4k...
I can't address your inability to understand deductive reasoning. If it makes no sense to you why someone would deduce something with evidence that points to it I simply can't help you.
Same counts for you XD
Your point was automatically invalid when you mentioned op fast cloaled wraith abilities. My man having trouble with wraith lmao
@Deadeye you may be right re spawns. However there are still perks that effect spawns - or rather not perks but bonuses. Would these too be removed then?
And regardless of what is introduced, either main survivors or main killers will kick off and get angsty because they feel they're been persecuted at some level or other I feel.
This is exactly why I run Discordance on Legion. If they try doing a gen together, they're in for some stabby stabby fun times together.
That said, Discordance doesn't always give a ton of value. But when it does, it's exactly where you needed it.
As for this specific situation...I feel like it's a huge misplay for survivors to blow everything on the first gen. (Especially when it's an out of the way one, like on a second floor on some maps.) Those first gens are the easiest by far, why try hard on those and then just get stuck on the last couple?
i always destroy any killer who camp or tunnel and I feel sorry for you because you obviously easy 2 tap.