I think I'm done with this game.

When this game works as intended, it can be a blast. But I just can't anymore with this matchmaking system. The B.S. that new players have to contend with is ridiculous. Here are two examples from tonight's games. It doesn't take much to realize why many new players like myself are writing this game off altogether.

IMG_20200422_205119~2.jpg Screenshot_20200422-201156.jpg


Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • You are only running 2 or 3 perks that really aren’t that strong. I’m not saying the ranking system isn’t screwed up but that’s why you had so much trouble .

  • Hey man I know matchmaking sucks right now but don't give up trust me it will get get better.

  • @SweetTerror said:

    When this game works as intended, it can be a blast. But I just can't anymore with this matchmaking system. The B.S. that new players have to contend with is ridiculous. Here are two examples from tonight's games. It doesn't take much to realize why many new players like myself are writing this game off altogether.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/797/MA1YWGDB7HZF.jpg

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/002/N204FD1AGM7X.jpg

    Bye Felicia.

  • @SweetTerror said:

    When this game works as intended, it can be a blast. But I just can't anymore with this matchmaking system. The B.S. that new players have to contend with is ridiculous. Here are two examples from tonight's games. It doesn't take much to realize why many new players like myself are writing this game off altogether.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/797/MA1YWGDB7HZF.jpg

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/002/N204FD1AGM7X.jpg

    Omg bro who cares you're just trash if you cant learn to outsmart survivors then don't play killer if you're just going to complain about matchmaking, I seen a lvl 17 killer outsmart survivors and destroyed them with Michael Myers, stop whining about it or just stop playing the game

  • 20200423233846_1 - Copy.jpg

    how is this okay? I'm 35 hours into the game (playing both sides).

  • @DWolfAlpha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1228850#Comment_1228850

    If that were truly the case, you'd have earned nothing. This game is point based. You do well, you earn points. Why else would it order the survivors by how many points they earned. You earn points for upgrading your characters. Higher levels, better stuff. If you stick with Trapper, there's an add-on that makes it so that anyone that escapes your traps without assistance goes into the dying state. There's even one that makes it so every 30 seconds, one of your closed traps resets itself so you don't have to. All of these require blood points. So that's how I gauge victory.

    Unless that stupid Dwight tea bags at me every time he drops a pallet and clicks that flashlight at me. Then the only victory is making sure his insides decorate the countryside...

    But other than that, yeah, blood points.

    I agree with this guy. Most great killer mains have all the perks available for all the killers. And all the best add ons for the killers. I'm a solid killer but I have very few killers above level 35 which means my perk loadouts and add ons are limited. So games are harder because I can't tailor a build to the killer perfectly. Blood points make that happen. If everyone escapes and you drop 25k points in the match, u did really well. U had pressure on them, they were on hooks left and right, spent lots of the game injured, etc. They cleared the gates, oh well. Your scores look good most of those games, some look rough but it happens to all killers and all survivors. Earlier today walloped a rank 1 spirit. He's rank 1, so he's good. We still wrecked. I'm not a good survivor either. I'm ok at looping but not great and bad at mind games for survivor. And as survivor, we get smashed all the time and the killer kills all 4 people with 4-5 gens left.

    So remember the games where you, as killer, killed all 4 with them completing 0-1 gens. That game is the survivor side equivalent of a killer getting ran out of the building except survivors probably only had 5-8k points in that game where you stomped them. So, my point is that this works both ways. It sucks getting pounded but it happens to both sides and you yourself have likely been the stomped and the stomper.

  • @SweetTerror said:

    When this game works as intended, it can be a blast. But I just can't anymore with this matchmaking system. The B.S. that new players have to contend with is ridiculous. Here are two examples from tonight's games. It doesn't take much to realize why many new players like myself are writing this game off altogether.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/797/MA1YWGDB7HZF.jpg

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/002/N204FD1AGM7X.jpg

    First, cool your jets, cheeko. Second, the reason there's such a disparringly high amount of skill gap in match ups is due to exploiting things like smurfing and purposely de-pipping. So long as skilled players make new accounts to stay in low rank matches, as well as people purposely throwing games to achieve the same thing, game's gonna forever be in flux. No amount of game fixing can force people to not cheat the system.

  • @SweetTerror said:

    When this game works as intended, it can be a blast. But I just can't anymore with this matchmaking system. The B.S. that new players have to contend with is ridiculous. Here are two examples from tonight's games. It doesn't take much to realize why many new players like myself are writing this game off altogether.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/797/MA1YWGDB7HZF.jpg

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/002/N204FD1AGM7X.jpg

    I am by no means a DBD guru or anything, but I can give a little bit of advice based on your screenshots. In my experience. Forget your rank... Level up your Killers.

    If a Killer doesn't have four perk slots (meaning over Level 15), don't use them. Play with your strong Killers and use the BP earned to beef up your weaker ones. If you don't have at least one Levl 15+ Killer, then play as Survivor. Save your BP and dump them all into your desired Killer.

    The fact is, it is much easier to pip/rank up and earn BP as Survivor than Killer. And when a match ends in all 4 Survivors bobbing up and down in the Exit Gate, it's typically not bc they were higher ranked or more skilled... It's bc their character is high level decked out with all the strongest meta perks. You need strong perks too. That is my advice.

  • See you tomorrow then.

  • 20200423235230_1.jpg

    Honestly I don't know what is happening at the moment with this matchmaking.

  • I've had those matches too, I'm in noobie ranks and getting matched with red ranks.

    I've had good luck with trapper running distressing paired with unnerving presence. If I ever unlock infectious fright that would go well with those two perks also.

    You need to focus on perk combos that boost or complement each other. Same strategy with add ons and try to use ones that will slow the match down. I like running the add ons for trapper that add mangled or hemorage effects. It slows down the match forcing survivors to self heal unless they want to die.

    To be good at trapper you need to play a lot of survivor to understand where the best spots to place traps are on each map. Myers is next to impossible for me, I just can't deal with how slow he moves at low levels so I haven't bothered to level him up.

    I always try to focus on patrolling gens as priority number one, then chases etc. This usually gets me at least 1-2 kills and plenty of BP.

    Which isn't to say the MM isn't absolute garbage. Because it is. I still end up getting matches where everyone escapes and teabags the whole time, but just trying to offer constructive advice.

  • @illusion said:

    Guys, what are you talking about? The OP's concern is with the matchmaking. Don't hijack the thread to debate the strengths of killers.

    Yes, OP, the matchmaking sucks, atm. Supposedly they have a plan to fix it, but we will have to wait and see. I wouldn't hold your breath.

    they've had a "plan" to fix it since the Oni release

    ........

  • I feel bad for you, i was playing survivor at rank 13 then i get put into a game with rank 19s, the system never seems to be able to get similar matched players.

  • Try using the doctor first. All you do is shock people and you get a ton of bloodpoints for it then use perks like BBQ and Chilli to earn more bloodpoints when hooking survivors.

  • @SurviveByDaylight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1228720#Comment_1228720

    Whoa definitely not. Trapper is one of the better killers. He’s anti loop. He Trap loops, Traps vaults, he’s fast. Noooooo. Clown and plague need a buff.

    Youre obviously a low rank survivor only player

  • @survivorsunite said:

    Don't give up. Just because they're at a 1 or a 4, and you're at a 17 or whatever, don't mean they're better. I was a 13 yesterday, and got matched up with a rank 1 survivor, and like a rank 9 killer, and made it out alive, while the rank 1 survivor died, and I'm now at rank 12. (:

    Well did you camp or tunnel or did the rank 1 die for being an idiot and not trying rank 1 will always be better than a rank 13 unless the 13 is really good or the rank 1 died because they didnt wanna try

  • Haha, killers are op and the mm Is a little #########. This game only cares about the killers giving them op perks that tell then exactly where the survs are (eg BBq and Chilli). Stealth is all we got man (along with the ######### pallets). I stopped playing because of the long ass wait times on ps4 cant be dealing with 10 min waits per game.

  • @SweetTerror said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1229782#Comment_1229782

    I KNOW!!! The game can be so much fun to play but it can also be a kick in the nuts!!!😂 And I personally don't care for that over and over again! LOL

    True. I have been playing for 3+ years, and mostly play a fun, friendly killer, and just go for points. ( hence the low rank ). I'm a consistent high rank survivor, but would like to see how far I can go as killer. It's just difficult with the current match making. I have been testing numerous different builds that I have seen or heard about to give me an upper hand, and slow the game down " just a little bit ". ( a monto quote ). I'm actually using one of his builds at the moment that has worked pretty well. I have been able to hold my own against my higher ranking opponents. I don't always 4k, which is fine, but at least now I don't get steam rolled in minutes.

  • @DWolfAlpha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/145966/i-think-im-done-with-this-game

    If I recall, matchmaking is no longer based on your rank. The reasoning is that rank gauges what you do rather than how well you play. Or something. They're working on a more point based mm system atm. Idk when it'll be available.

    The devs said that they want it to be a +/- 6 of the rank...this is not what that is

  • Platform: Console

    Personally, as a new player I welcome the mismatch of games, you quickly learn where you need to improve when up against high rank players. It's frustrating but you can learn alot more than dominating players at your own level. Embrace the suck and grind it out.

    IMG_20200422_220736.jpg


  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1228716#Comment_1228716

    This post is about matchmaking and you use it to again complain about how op killers are. Like what the hell? This post didn't have anything to do with balance.

    Also, no killer is really op at the moment. If you think killers are op, it's because of matchmaking or because you are not that good at survivor.

    @AnnoyedAtTheGame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1228716#Comment_1228716

    Playing killers are weak and start at a disadvantage every game. Trapper does need a buff

    Don't mind that guy, he is always on posts like this saying that killers are op and never giving a proper explanation as to why, always the same "Killers are op they don't need buffs just clown needs it"

  • you are so right i am a rank 14 killer and i get pared up with red ranks its so unbalanced

  • @Xavier22 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1228731#Comment_1228731

    The devs said that they want it to be a +/- 6 of the rank...this is not what that is

    That was how it was. I believe they disabled that. And even then, that over under expands the longer you look for a match.

  • @SweetTerror said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1228847#Comment_1228847

    You get bloodpoints based on the items you use and your actions. Just because I managed to check off a lot of things that gave me blood points doesn't mean I came in "second place". This isn't call of duty. The ranking system isn't built like that. You either killed survivors or they escaped.

    That is how the ranking system works, actually. You can get a 4k and depip, losing a rank. You can get a 0k, and rank up. Like, how many hooks did you get? The amount of bps you got indicates that you were able to pressure them. They may have escaped, but my guess is that you made them work for it.

  • There is an update coming on April 28th. I imagine they will have done something with the matchmaking for that date. If they haven't by then the devs are going to loose a lot more customers. Here's a tip devs, new killers are great but fixing horrendous match making is way more important. Never ever focus on new content when the core of the game needs all your time and resources. Just dumb.

  • @SweetTerror said:

    When this game works as intended, it can be a blast. But I just can't anymore with this matchmaking system. The B.S. that new players have to contend with is ridiculous. Here are two examples from tonight's games. It doesn't take much to realize why many new players like myself are writing this game off altogether.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/797/MA1YWGDB7HZF.jpg

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/002/N204FD1AGM7X.jpg

    "DID YOU HAVE FUN?"

  • @SweetTerror said:

    If they're going based on how you play, then I can certainly guarantee I don't play on the same level as a rank 1!

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/745/3FDIMOE81BEU.jpg

    I think that if a newer killer is in a lobby with high ranking survivor(s) that person should have access to perks he hasn't found in the bloodweb yet, for that one match. It would help level the playing field. The time cost of entry for newer people to grind out useful perks is prohibitive.

  • @HexAg0n said:

    Platform: Console

    Personally, as a new player I welcome the mismatch of games, you quickly learn where you need to improve when up against high rank players. It's frustrating but you can learn alot more than dominating players at your own level. Embrace the suck and grind it out.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/669/FIBJX0BUUD80.jpg

    It's similar to real life. If you want to get ahead in life, you gotta step out of your comfort zone and man the ######### up!

  • @PBsamichShoe said:

    I've had those matches too, I'm in noobie ranks and getting matched with red ranks.

    I've had good luck with trapper running distressing paired with unnerving presence. If I ever unlock infectious fright that would go well with those two perks also.

    You need to focus on perk combos that boost or complement each other. Same strategy with add ons and try to use ones that will slow the match down. I like running the add ons for trapper that add mangled or hemorage effects. It slows down the match forcing survivors to self heal unless they want to die.

    To be good at trapper you need to play a lot of survivor to understand where the best spots to place traps are on each map. Myers is next to impossible for me, I just can't deal with how slow he moves at low levels so I haven't bothered to level him up.

    I always try to focus on patrolling gens as priority number one, then chases etc. This usually gets me at least 1-2 kills and plenty of BP.

    Which isn't to say the MM isn't absolute garbage. Because it is. I still end up getting matches where everyone escapes and teabags the whole time, but just trying to offer constructive advice.

    I do appreciate those of you who have tried to help and haven't been dicks about it. But it drives me nuts when I hear people tell me that I just need to learn to do things differently. It's hard to learn and adjust to what perks you have when you're not being given a fair opportunity to practice with those said perks. This isn't a FPS where the mechanics are easy to understand and fairly straight-forward.


    For example, if you're playing as a survivor and the killer is clearly more experienced than you, it gets real hard to learn the basics of the game (let alone the perks) if you can barely survive for more than 2 minutes. And that's not a fault on the more experienced player, that's a fault on the matchmaking system.

  • @SweetTerror said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1228820#Comment_1228820

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/443/LCSAU5LIT9WR.jpg

    Yeah this was my latest match. I'm done. Goodbye DBD. You were fun, but seriously, f*** your matchmaking system.

    I'm sorry that this is happening to you man. I playing PS4 with the same problems. I've gone from green rank killer facing rank 1 survivors to red rank killer facing same rank 1 survivors plus the usual seal team 6 mixed in. All I can say is don't give up, watch YouTube like Tru3Talent, Monto, Rating Ryuga, Otzdarva, Scott Jund, oh Tofu, ect I have learned so much from their videos and live streams. Trust me use it as a learning experience. I surely have. Game sense comes over time but knowledge adds up, and playing both sides helps more than you can imagine. I hope you hang in there and keep your head up. It will make you a better killer in the long run. I know it's hard and understand if you want to give up, however I hope you keep at it and make those survivors pay, lol.

    I am sorry that this is anyones killer experience. Hope to see you in the fog .

  • Gone the good old days when people who were new were playing and getting better. Nowadays everyone is crying when they suck when they are new to a game and blame "matchmaking", especially in dbd where rank doesn't really mean much when you see rank 1 playing as bad as 15 lol.

    I hope they add the new matchmaking soon and remove the ranks so people like OP won't be able to use ranks as an excuse for being bad.

  • @DWolfAlpha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1229702#Comment_1229702

    That is how the ranking system works, actually. You can get a 4k and depip, losing a rank. You can get a 0k, and rank up. Like, how many hooks did you get? The amount of bps you got indicates that you were able to pressure them. They may have escaped, but my guess is that you made them work for it.

    Pressuring survivors is a sound tactic that I try to incorporate in every game. Sadly though it's all I can do when I don't have the proper perks that would make a world of difference (BBQ & chili, Nurse's calling, etc) for the killers that I like to use. And if you fail to kill many survivors let alone hook them, then you get a paltry amount of bloodpoints which makes obtaining higher level perks a pain to get.

  • @SweetTerror said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1230973#Comment_1230973

    Pressuring survivors is a sound tactic that I try to incorporate in every game. Sadly though it's all I can do when I don't have the proper perks that would make a world of difference (BBQ & chili, Nurse's calling, etc) for the killers that I like to use. And if you fail to kill many survivors let alone hook them, then you get a paltry amount of bloodpoints which makes obtaining higher level perks a pain to get.

    In the results for the match that you posted, you earned something like, what, 22k bps? The maximum that you can earn in a single match without offerings or BBQ is 32k. And if you want BBQ, I suggest playing a lot of bubba. Cuz I've only seen it in the shrine twice.

  • @SweetTerror said:

    When this game works as intended, it can be a blast. But I just can't anymore with this matchmaking system. The B.S. that new players have to contend with is ridiculous. Here are two examples from tonight's games. It doesn't take much to realize why many new players like myself are writing this game off altogether.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/797/MA1YWGDB7HZF.jpg

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/002/N204FD1AGM7X.jpg

    I wouldn't give it up just yet-I'm a relatively new player too, I've only been playing about 2 months now (mostly killer) and when I started it was so frustrating to play, a lot of times I got fed up but I persevered, tried out different killers, read up more on the game and now I'm a lot better than I was. Don't get me wrong I'm not by any stretch a great player lol but I get 4k's here and there, usually at least 2 and I'm OK with that as I know I'm getting better and understanding the maps more. This game takes time and patience but it's worth it if you stick at it

  • @Teethgrinder83 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/145966/i-think-im-done-with-this-game

    I wouldn't give it up just yet-I'm a relatively new player too, I've only been playing about 2 months now (mostly killer) and when I started it was so frustrating to play, a lot of times I got fed up but I persevered, tried out different killers, read up more on the game and now I'm a lot better than I was. Don't get me wrong I'm not by any stretch a great player lol but I get 4k's here and there, usually at least 2 and I'm OK with that as I know I'm getting better and understanding the maps more. This game takes time and patience but it's worth it if you stick at it

    Appreciate that. Thanks.

  • @SweetTerror said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1230536#Comment_1230536

    I do appreciate those of you who have tried to help and haven't been dicks about it. But it drives me nuts when I hear people tell me that I just need to learn to do things differently. It's hard to learn and adjust to what perks you have when you're not being given a fair opportunity to practice with those said perks. This isn't a FPS where the mechanics are easy to understand and fairly straight-forward.

    For example, if you're playing as a survivor and the killer is clearly more experienced than you, it gets real hard to learn the basics of the game (let alone the perks) if you can barely survive for more than 2 minutes. And that's not a fault on the more experienced player, that's a fault on the matchmaking system.

    I know what you mean!

    I started playing killer to get a break from struggling as a solo survivor all the time. My first few matches of killer were fun and casual and before anyone says anything I was playing against my own ranks or close to and I'm more casual about my gameplay when playing killer. I don't really mind it if everyone escapes or I don't do well as long as it was fun for the most part. So my first few matches I was abiding by not camping and trying to keep mindful of whether or not I was tunneling anyone.

    Then the MM system started spitting out red rank SWF groups and then it just became this frustrating, sweaty and humiliating experience every other match. So I used to be a salty survivor main and now I can sympathize with the killer mains.

    It's a stupid game and poorly thought out but when it's fun it's a blast, so until they fix matchmaking the best I can do is try to focus on doing what I can to make it fun for me even when I get crappy matches. I think the hook is a stupid game mechanic, in all honesty, and would rather it just be like you can kill survivors after downing them and give survivors more objectives to do that would grant them different means of escape.

  • @SweetTerror said:

    When this game works as intended, it can be a blast. But I just can't anymore with this matchmaking system. The B.S. that new players have to contend with is ridiculous. Here are two examples from tonight's games. It doesn't take much to realize why many new players like myself are writing this game off altogether.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/797/MA1YWGDB7HZF.jpg

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/002/N204FD1AGM7X.jpg

    The first one makes sense after a long enough wait time there should be a 6 rank difference between the survivors and killers to try and find you a match. The 2nd one must have been after a decent wait time to follow that.


    Once you break out of white ranks it'll balance out a little better.

1 2 ›