Can we seriously remove the killer's ability to see survivor's gamertags?

I can't stress enough how easy it is to ruin a survivor's game by remembering their name and then playing extremely toxic the next time you play against them. The survivor can't even check who they're playing against so why is it fair the killer can see them?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @kingoftheirish1992 said:

    You don't want the the killers to know your gamertag don't give them a reason to remember it. Grow up or shut up.

    Your acting like all killers are mature and only remember names if your toxic. I had a killer facecamp me everytime he sees me because i 360ed him at the gate

  • @ProfessorDunwich said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/145167/can-we-seriously-remove-the-killers-ability-to-see-survivors-gamertags

    Sounds like you recently paid the price for toxicity in a previous game. Maybe stop dragging out your win and tbagging at the exit? My sympathy for you is nil.

    You know toxic killer are a thing. Right? They get mad and facecamp for anything

  • I don't really care, but it'll be harder for me to message people GG after a match since I'm on Xbox.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1221051#Comment_1221051

    I've see you mori spam someone and their team for an entire match for being a streamer, you and I both know that survivors don't have to do a single thing to be targeted by certain people, they could simply be a streamer, playing a certain character, using certain perks, or simply being better out outplaying the other to get targeted.

    Always makes me laugh with these threads how the first comment is always "Well you're a survivor, you must have done something".

    Let me ask you, why would the killer need to see someones name, oh wait... they don't, its only benefit is to target people you don't like and farm with people you know, or play differently with people you don't know.

    9/10 survivor streamers are toxic swf

  • @Thatbrownmonster said:

    Now might I ask

    why would the killer be extremely toxic to that specific survivor?

    Were you toxic to a killer and he punished you after?

    thats what im thinking about, the killer is going to be toxic just because he remembers your name? or is it because you teabagged and or verbal harassed him and now hes going to mori your ass

  • I don't agree that survivor game tags should be hidden. But I agree that it is fair for survivors to see the killer's game tag while in a lobby. If you've had horrible experiences in the past with a player (killer or survivor) then you should have the option to not play with that player again.

  • @Respectfulnancymain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1221217#Comment_1221217

    Your acting like all killers are mature and only remember names if your toxic. I had a killer facecamp me everytime he sees me because i 360ed him at the gate

    And survivors act like God's when there nobody teabag to show how great they are but they wish for civility just because. RIght? You forget survivors act like children who need to be told there special or they cry for mom and dad when someone say there not amazing.

  • If you played toxic and they see and remember you, then don't be surprised if you get payback :P

  • @kingoftheirish1992 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1221483#Comment_1221483

    And survivors act like God's when there nobody teabag to show how great they are but they wish for civility just because. RIght? You forget survivors act like children who need to be told there special or they cry for mom and dad when someone say there not amazing.

    Survivors are toxic too i never said there not. Your post made it sound like killers only remember you if you were toxic which is not true

  • Absolutely nothing needs to be hidden. The only thing that needs to be done is allow us to block certain people, so we never have to verse against them again. Simple solution.

  • @Thatbrownmonster said:

    Now might I ask

    why would the killer be extremely toxic to that specific survivor?

    Were you toxic to a killer and he punished you after?

    This isn't exactly true mate. Sometimes a killer can remember you and have a vendetta against you for no good reason.

    Maybe you looped him for all 5 gens? Maybe you hit ds at the exit door? Maybe you completed a gen in their face?

    I've had a killer message me because I bodyblocked someone at the end of the game. They sent voice messages and complaining how that was "the most toxic thing in the game". He said "why do I care about ranking up?" even though he was complaining about depiping lol

    Yes unfortunately people can be toxic and that's why they may be targeted but it's not fair to assume that every person who is targeted did something really toxic.

    Edit: Personally what I've always thought should happen is to hide the survivors username until the end game tally screen. If the killer remembers the survivors skins then it's the survivors fault for not changing their skins every once in a while.

  • @kingoftheirish1992 said:

    You don't want the the killers to know your gamertag don't give them a reason to remember it. Grow up or shut up.

    Sometimes playing smart is why they remember you. Slugging can get you targeted or gen rushing. Me and a few mates played a game using only WGLF and the killer messaged us. We didn't use any items or offerings and they still complained about us gen rushing.

    Also I must say.. your not king of the irish lol I'm sorry to inform you but after successfully spinning a leatherface chainsaw 3 times in a row to save someone with bt and for us both to escape I have taken your crown lol

  • @Respectfulnancymain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1221393#Comment_1221393

    You know toxic killer are a thing. Right? They get mad and facecamp for anything

    Did you sneak into my photo while I was mori'ing someone as Ghostface? That's toxic I'm going to face camp you lol

  • @CashelP14 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1221217#Comment_1221217

    Sometimes playing smart is why they remember you. Slugging can get you targeted or gen rushing. Me and a few mates played a game using only WGLF and the killer messaged us. We didn't use any items or offerings and they still complained about us gen rushing.

    Also I must say.. your not king of the irish lol I'm sorry to inform you but after successfully spinning a leatherface chainsaw 3 times in a row to save someone with bt and for us both to escape I have taken your crown lol

    Only way you get the title is coming and take it.

  • @xTalon32 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1221282#Comment_1221282

    Because every person makes their profile private right? Most people don't. And you can see their friends list. So it's not irrelevant unless every single person makes their profile private, which I don't see happening any time soon.

    Actually almost every profile I check as killer is private like lowkey 95% of them. Nowadays I just dodge games only when I see them being the same char/clothes. Or see more then 2 flashlights.

  • So imma put this like this: a killer job is way more stressful as it is. Now if a killer remembers a toxic player, why shouldnt the killer punish and bring them out the game as fast as possible? Its the survivor fault for being toxic. Its the survivors choice to be toxic. So now its the killers choice to punish them. Usually i find survivors who complain about this are whiney toxic brats who realized the real world a bit. Your actions has consequences.

  • @PapiQuentin_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1221217#Comment_1221217

    Oh I'm sorry that I beat them as killer and now they're out to get me every time I load into their lobby.

    Grow up or shut up

    This story totally checks out, not.

    I haven't encountered this even once so my guess is you were very toxic as killer and the person just offered you the same courtesy. Just seems more logical/understandable to me.


  • @Bullettimegod said:

    So imma put this like this: a killer job is way more stressful as it is. Now if a killer remembers a toxic player, why shouldnt the killer punish and bring them out the game as fast as possible? Its the survivor fault for being toxic. Its the survivors choice to be toxic. So now its the killers choice to punish them. Usually i find survivors who complain about this are whiney toxic brats who realized the real world a bit. Your actions has consequences.


    This is just misleading the discussion because it's wrong. Don't act as if everybody who get's tunneled, camped, continuously slugged or .... or mori spammed deserved it.

    Stating something like that just shows how far off the perception of some individuals in this forum deviates from reality.

  • I might he wrong, but sounds like you just want to be toxic without any consequences.

    Maybe as a killer i don't to go through toxic games?

  • I would be ok with the same information on both sides, if it is all information.

    All names of survivors and killer. is fine for me.

    noone sees perks, and noone sees items, also fine.

    survivors knows killer plays solo, killer knows wich survivors play solo.

    all got the same informations.

  • @Thatbrownmonster said:

    Now might I ask

    why would the killer be extremely toxic to that specific survivor?

    Were you toxic to a killer and he punished you after?


    Had some killers get salty because I dared to loop them for 3 gens (not bragging, I'm really bad, but they are worse)

    Faced against him in 3 more matches that day and got tunneled and morried in each one of them.

  • As someone who plays Beach Bum Claudette with red hair 24/7 I get tunneled for:

    playing Claudette

    playing Blendette (even though I literally never do)

    being hard to see

    not taking DS

    taking DS

    not taking borrowed time

    taking borrowed time

    being obsession

    not being obsession

    my name

    stunning the killer with head on

    having the killer realize my teammates are sandbagging and body blocking me so want the free kill

    being left as the only survivor in the game because my teammates escaped via hatch and now the killer wants a kill (this literally happened so much I just stopped playing alone)


    Personally I'm all for killers not being able to see names but on the other hand I don't see a point in changing it personally because I'm getting tunneled off the hook into the ground anyway. I have 400+ moris in my screenshots (excluding the Mikey ones I actually wanted) from killers who flat out tell me they have to get rid of me so they don't have to look for me.

  • @ProfessorDunwich said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/145167/can-we-seriously-remove-the-killers-ability-to-see-survivors-gamertags

    Sounds like you recently paid the price for toxicity in a previous game. Maybe stop dragging out your win and tbagging at the exit? My sympathy for you is nil.

    Playing killer and beating them got them and their whole clan to target me.

    So yeah, playing Freddy and 4king their SWF means I'm toxic. Jesus, anything counts as toxic nowadays

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1221232#Comment_1221232

    This story totally checks out, not.

    I haven't encountered this even once so my guess is you were very toxic as killer and the person just offered you the same courtesy. Just seems more logical/understandable to me.

    No I simply played the game. It's not my fault they got so tilted about it. Just because YOU havent seen it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

    I haven't seen anyone in my town get shot or something but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

  • I do agree seeing names or the ability to check profiles just leads to a hifh level of toxicity and dodging lobbies. It's an old system which needs updated imo. Steam has the ability to change names over and over but that itself shoudlnt be needed when the fix is relatively simple to do.

    What I would like to see is numbers or letters associated with survivors as that is all we really need to recognise someone who we have already downed or hooked in game. Killers could also have one on the end game screen for reporting.

    At the end screen the report system could then be updated. Choosing the cheating or hacking option for example could easily create a ticket within the system with the players unique id already attached. Once submitted it then shows the ticket number only on the screen which can be written down or copied.

    This allows you to send in video evidence showing the match and the ticket number appearing on the end screen much like it is now. When you go to the report website you simply put in the ticket number and attach the video. We really shouldn't have to know anymore info about the player. If no video is ever attached the ticket doesn't go through to the department and self deletes in 24-48 hours so they don't have too many false reports going through.

  • @Thatbrownmonster said:

    Now might I ask

    why would the killer be extremely toxic to that specific survivor?

    Were you toxic to a killer and he punished you after?

    Just being good at the game is enough to trigger plenty of killers.

    Of course this will be left as it is though because trolling is all part of the game apparantly

  • Well. Most people that got this treatment were extremely toxic, so i kinda don't care how their game experience is.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1221051#Comment_1221051

    I've see you mori spam someone and their team for an entire match for being a streamer, you and I both know that survivors don't have to do a single thing to be targeted by certain people, they could simply be a streamer, playing a certain character, using certain perks, or simply being better out outplaying the other to get targeted.

    Always makes me laugh with these threads how the first comment is always "Well you're a survivor, you must have done something".

    Let me ask you, why would the killer need to see someones name, oh wait... they don't, its only benefit is to target people you don't like and farm with people you know, or play differently with people you don't know.

    Mori spam an entire match??

    Sorry but what, I can mori spam 3-4 times before I actually do it, but for an entire match I would never do that

  • @Pizzaman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1221669#Comment_1221669

    This is just misleading the discussion because it's wrong. Don't act as if everybody who get's tunneled, camped, continuously slugged or .... or mori spammed deserved it.

    Stating something like that just shows how far off the perception of some individuals in this forum deviates from reality.

    Okay ask why you got tunneled? Or camped? (:

  • @myersismydaddy said:

    Absolutely nothing needs to be hidden. The only thing that needs to be done is allow us to block certain people, so we never have to verse against them again. Simple solution.

    yeah... this was a thing with MLGA and streamers couldn't get a game

    so no, never.

  • @Thatbrownmonster said:

    Now might I ask

    why would the killer be extremely toxic to that specific survivor?

    Were you toxic to a killer and he punished you after?

    Just loosing, looping, head on or general pallet stuns are reason enough for some individuals to be very toxic the next time.

  • @OtakuBurrito said:

    As someone who plays Beach Bum Claudette with red hair 24/7 I get tunneled for:

    playing Claudette

    playing Blendette (even though I literally never do)

    being hard to see

    not taking DS

    taking DS

    not taking borrowed time

    taking borrowed time

    being obsession

    not being obsession

    my name

    stunning the killer with head on

    having the killer realize my teammates are sandbagging and body blocking me so want the free kill

    being left as the only survivor in the game because my teammates escaped via hatch and now the killer wants a kill (this literally happened so much I just stopped playing alone)

    Personally I'm all for killers not being able to see names but on the other hand I don't see a point in changing it personally because I'm getting tunneled off the hook into the ground anyway. I have 400+ moris in my screenshots (excluding the Mikey ones I actually wanted) from killers who flat out tell me they have to get rid of me so they don't have to look for me.

    Hell, if I see a Blendette with a flashlight in the lobby I'm just dodging anyway.

    I've seen that movie before.

  • @Thatbrownmonster said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1221209#Comment_1221209

    Mori spam an entire match??

    Sorry but what, I can mori spam 3-4 times before I actually do it, but for an entire match I would never do that

    zzzz, I have the vod saved of you standing ontop of the person and doing it at least 6 times, and constantly puking on them over and over again.

    I can't post the proof due to the fact I'll get banned for calling you out, but simply put, you and I both know that you are someone that targets people not based on previous games but just to be "toxic", so it is obviously true that others would do the same.

  • @NursesBootie said:

    Well. Most people that got this treatment were extremely toxic, so i kinda don't care how their game experience is.

    So I’m toxic for not running DS and BT, not taking in items, not using items in game, and just because I play Beach Bum Claudette with Head On, Botany Knowledge, Spine Chill, Self Care I deserve to be tunneled out of the game?

    Thats not a joke. I’ve had killers tell me they tunneled me out the game because they recognized me and didn’t want to deal with head on but the 3 other people with DS SB Adrenaline BT who being in items and flash light chain blind are the issue. The funny asf part is this happens most in 4 man SWF groups.

    But I know I get shitted on just for being Claudette.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1221841#Comment_1221841

    zzzz, I have the vod saved of you standing ontop of the person and doing it at least 6 times, and constantly puking on them over and over again.

    I can't post the proof due to the fact I'll get banned for calling you out, but simply put, you and I both know that you are someone that targets people not based on previous games but just to be "toxic", so it is obviously true that others would do the same.

    "calling me out"

    For me to get to that point the survivor was probably extremely toxic towards me for me to punish him like that

  • A simple 1,2,3,4 to identify who is who would be nice. I get grief a lot so my opinion is quite bias

  • @Thatbrownmonster said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1222039#Comment_1222039

    "calling me out"

    For me to get to that point the survivor was probably extremely toxic towards me for me to punish him like that

    So you've gone from

    "but for an entire match I would never do that"

    To

    "Maybe I'd do that if they were toxic enough"?

    Lol, you were sat in the persons channel talking to them while you did it.


    You play how you want, but don't pretend killers don't just go after people for no reason, because they 100% do

  • @snozer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1221590#Comment_1221590

    yeah... this was a thing with MLGA and streamers couldn't get a game

    so no, never.

    I don't believe that they never got the game. On average there is about 30k people playing at all times. So you're saying that 29,999 people blocked a particular streamer? I don't buy that, sorry.

    @Nazeef13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1221590#Comment_1221590

    No. Killers would just block good loopers. Survivors would block spirits with ears. Que times go up.

    Overwatch is a lot more populated than this game and they had issues with this when the game first came out and took away the avoid feature until they settled on being able to avoid upto 2 people and it resets every 7 days.

    They wouldn't. Wanna know why? If people block good loopers/good killers then they will have to accept that they will have longer q times. If you are blocking left and right then you shouldn't be playing this game in the first place. I do agree with you up to a point - they need to introduce the block feature but give us like max 10 blocks per month.

  • I can't help but notice your username and I have to disagree.

    INB4 "I'm only pretending to be toxic hurrrrrr"

  • @CosmicParagon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1221478#Comment_1221478

    I can't help but notice your username and I have to disagree.

    INB4 "I'm only pretending to be toxic hurrrrrr"

    I really wish i could change my name to respectfulnancymain but i cant

    My name is because i bodyblocked my teammate and got him downed then flashlight saved him and he called me toxic so i named myself toxicnancymain

  • On Xbox people see the killers gamertag. And it's good that a killer can see survivors gamertags because some writes evil messages and needs to be tunneld out of the game.

  • See this is a really good post that brings up a good point i just wish the developers would see this post game health wise this would help with a lot of core issues on the survivor end.


    I can't tell you how many times i have been tunneled down or someone brings a mori just to get back at me for me escaping a match or beating them in general its a big problem.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1222070#Comment_1222070

    So you've gone from

    "but for an entire match I would never do that"

    To

    "Maybe I'd do that if they were toxic enough"?

    Lol, you were sat in the persons channel talking to them while you did it.

    You play how you want, but don't pretend killers don't just go after people for no reason, because they 100% do

    Plays game where you play the role of a victim every match.....



    Complains about being a victim...


    UNef1g0.png


  • @PigMainBigBrain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1222076#Comment_1222076

    Plays game where you play the role of a victim every match.....

    Complains about being a victim...

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/345/C8TBAWXXOC3A.png

    What? Who's complaining about being a victim? Oh right, you're just another person who only cares about their favourite side.

    No one should be targeted in this game, whether you're a streamer who only plays killer, and you're getting sniped/OoO, or you're a player who played better than the killer in a match and are now going to get tunneled because of it.

    Hiding names helps prevent both these situations, but of course, being able to see names benefits killers a lot more than it benefits survivors so of course it should stay, lmfao

  • @OtakuBurrito said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1221830#Comment_1221830

    So I’m toxic for not running DS and BT, not taking in items, not using items in game, and just because I play Beach Bum Claudette with Head On, Botany Knowledge, Spine Chill, Self Care I deserve to be tunneled out of the game?

    Thats not a joke. I’ve had killers tell me they tunneled me out the game because they recognized me and didn’t want to deal with head on but the 3 other people with DS SB Adrenaline BT who being in items and flash light chain blind are the issue. The funny asf part is this happens most in 4 man SWF groups.

    But I know I get shitted on just for being Claudette.

    Oh. That's the issue? I dunno, go play characters that don't get used by popular survivor mains then.

  • @NursesBootie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1222049#Comment_1222049

    Oh. That's the issue? I dunno, go play characters that don't get used by popular survivor mains then.

    Changing the character you play won't stop someone targeting you if they know who you are from your profile

1 2 3 4