Chapter 16

Just a bit of a brainstorm.

I couldn't help but notice that the new Candyman film is said to be coming out in June (however given the circumstances I don't think that's very likely).

Our next chapter is scheduled to be in June (again, perhaps very unlikely) and that Tony Todd (the actor of Candyman himself) recently followed Dead by Daylight on Twitter.

So it begs the question...

Is Chapter 16 going to be Candyman?

Comments

  • I really want this. I love Candyman so much, I even created my own chapter on him!

    I hope he comes to the game, although his power would be a mystery for me.

  • Candyman is looking the most likely. Remember DBD was going to be at E3 this year. Which was to happen around around the same time as Canydman hitting theaters and DBD's 4 year anniversary. The marketing synergy would have been off the charts for both DBD and Universal.

    Plus Tony Todd started following the DBD account right after and on the same day as he started following the movie account. Which is suspicious,

    Candyman is also a license MCote confirmed, in a podcast last October, that the devs have considered.

    ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ

  • I hope not, we haven't had a male Survivor since Steve or a female Killer since Plague/Demogorgon (I think Demodoggy is a good girl).

    That aside, I've seen the first Candyman film. It was boring, the plot left a lot to be desired, and the best part of it, the music, got old after 20 minutes and frustrating after 40.

    Also what would Candyman do? Teleport behind Survivors, improbably manage to impale them with his hook, and then blame it on Nea? Apply Deep Wounds with bees?

    You have to admit, regardless of how you feel about Candyman, he wouldn't really fit into 'circle the pallet 100 times and get bonked' gameplay loop of DbD.

  • Plot Twist: the Candyman won't be in DbD, but the entity will appear in the new Candyman film!

  • @Dehitay said:

    Plot Twist: the Candyman won't be in DbD, but the entity will appear in the new Candyman film!

    OMG!!! :O

  • @TheRockstarKnight said:

    I hope not, we haven't had a male Survivor since Steve or a female Killer since Plague/Demogorgon (I think Demodoggy is a good girl).

    That aside, I've seen the first Candyman film. It was boring, the plot left a lot to be desired, and the best part of it, the music, got old after 20 minutes and frustrating after 40.

    Also what would Candyman do? Teleport behind Survivors, improbably manage to impale them with his hook, and then blame it on Nea? Apply Deep Wounds with bees?

    You have to admit, regardless of how you feel about Candyman, he wouldn't really fit into 'circle the pallet 100 times and get bonked' gameplay loop of DbD.

    The main character in the new movie is a dude. So there's your male survivor.

    So you didn't like the original movie. Okay I guess? Are you working at Behaviour and have a veto on these decisions? No of course not. You may not like Candyman but many others do. Their support overrides your opposition.

    Candyman, a ghost with a hook as an arm, doesn't fit in DBD but the three ghosts we already have (Spirit, Nurse, Freddy) fit? What about the Oni, an ogre? Or the Demogorgan, which isn't even a human? They all fit but not Candyman? C'mon now.

    I get it you don't like Candyman, but the devs and many players would like to see him in. So he has a chance.

  • I hope he's a PVE killer that can send swarms of Bees after survivor.

  • @Hag.is.Dtier said:

    I hope he's a PVE killer that can send swarms of Bees after survivor.

    yep could totally be part of the power, have the bees have some sort of function.

  • @Okapi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1181877#Comment_1181877

    The main character in the new movie is a dude. So there's your male survivor.

    So you didn't like the original movie. Okay I guess? Are you working at Behaviour and have a veto on these decisions? No of course not. You may not like Candyman but many others do. Their support overrides your opposition.

    Candyman, a ghost with a hook as an arm, doesn't fit in DBD but the three ghosts we already have (Spirit, Nurse, Freddy) fit? What about the Oni, an ogre? Or the Demogorgan, which isn't even a human? They all fit but not Candyman? C'mon now.

    I get it you don't like Candyman, but the devs and many players would like to see him in. So he has a chance.

    candyman-2020.jpg

    Yeah for sure. His name's Anthony McCoy, I reckon he'll be our new survivor

  • @Okapi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1181877#Comment_1181877

    The main character in the new movie is a dude. So there's your male survivor.

    So you didn't like the original movie. Okay I guess? Are you working at Behaviour and have a veto on these decisions? No of course not. You may not like Candyman but many others do. Their support overrides your opposition.

    Candyman, a ghost with a hook as an arm, doesn't fit in DBD but the three ghosts we already have (Spirit, Nurse, Freddy) fit? What about the Oni, an ogre? Or the Demogorgan, which isn't even a human? They all fit but not Candyman? C'mon now.

    I get it you don't like Candyman, but the devs and many players would like to see him in. So he has a chance.

    I never said I had some kind of veto power over BHVR. PapiQuentin asked a question, I answered "I hope not", and then I elaborated why I felt that way.

    Until BHVR leaks their dev build accidentally/releases a teaser we won't know. So the only thing to be said to OP's question is either "Maybe", "I hope so", or "I hope not".

    Also the comparison between Candyman and Spirit is a false equivalency. I don't object to Candyman because he's a ghost/urban legend but because I don't see how his character and his abilities would fit in the game.

    In the first film at least, he mostly just suddenly appears, brutalizes people with his hook, and leaves.

    Which is why, I ask, what would he do in DbD? Apply Deep Wounds/Injure/Down Survivors with bee swarms on a cooldown? Teleport like Spirit?

    I just don't see what original and balanced power he could have based on what I know of the character.

    Spirit by contrast was an original character created for the game. Of course she fits despite being a spectre of vengeance, she was designed to.

    If the devs want him and most players want him, he probably has a good shot. But that doesn't mean I want to see him, and it doesn't mean he'll be fun to play as/against.

    Hopefully we get him as the Survivor if it is a Candyman chapter.

  • Despite being a fan of most horror movie icons I gotta admit I don't know anything about Candyman. What's his power?

  • @Yamaoka said:

    Despite being a fan of most horror movie icons I gotta admit I don't know anything about Candyman. What's his power?

    Candyman is a sort of urban legend

    When saying Candyman 5 times into a mirror he appears and kills you.

    That's it really....

  • @PapiQuentin_ and why not helen lyle? (from first candyman)

    She really seems like a more endearing character than this new generic character from the new 2020 movie.

  • @Yamaoka said:

    Despite being a fan of most horror movie icons I gotta admit I don't know anything about Candyman. What's his power?

    Itโ€™s like Bloody Mary, say Candy Man a few times in a mirror and he will appear, maybe not instantly but heโ€™ll appear and gut you with his hook. The reason why he kills is because he wants people to believe he is real so his legacy can carry on. It will be hard to do his kit but I can see old Freddyโ€™s kit working on him, possibly add interactive bees too

  • Hopefully an original chapter with a much better killer and survivor compared with this one

  • I rather Chucky or a Mummy. We also need a sexy muscular male that has a higher polygon count than david.

  • @TheRockstarKnight said:

    I hope not, we haven't had a male Survivor since Steve or a female Killer since Plague/Demogorgon (I think Demodoggy is a good girl).

    That aside, I've seen the first Candyman film. It was boring, the plot left a lot to be desired, and the best part of it, the music, got old after 20 minutes and frustrating after 40.

    Also what would Candyman do? Teleport behind Survivors, improbably manage to impale them with his hook, and then blame it on Nea? Apply Deep Wounds with bees?

    You have to admit, regardless of how you feel about Candyman, he wouldn't really fit into 'circle the pallet 100 times and get bonked' gameplay loop of DbD.

    Demogorgon is genderless but ok.


    Secondly, nobody watches horror movies for the plot, unless it is centered around said plot, (heres looking at the clusterf*** the last Saw movies were).

    Candyman had just as many plotholes as Halloween and Friday the 13th, but Candyman himself is iconic for a reason.

    However, if hes another deep wounds killer, I will uninstall, and commit seppuku with a breadstick

  • @Zaitsev said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1181877#Comment_1181877

    Demogorgon is genderless but ok.

    Secondly, nobody watches horror movies for the plot, unless it is centered around said plot, (heres looking at the clusterf*** the last Saw movies were).

    Candyman had just as many plotholes as Halloween and Friday the 13th, but Candyman himself is iconic for a reason.

    However, if hes another deep wounds killer, I will uninstall, and commit seppuku with a breadstick

    Demogorgons lay eggs in some of their victims (at least, the only adult Demogorgon we've seen) that makes it female if you squint hard enough. /s

    Hey, I watch horror movies for the plot and the characters! Which is exactly why I quit Saw after the 2nd film. Also there's a difference between the plot involving supernatural elements, being bizarre, or confusing, and being frustrating.

    Spoiler Spoiler Warning โ–ฒโ–ผ

    The whole subplot where Helen is framed just didn't make sense. The way it was presented made it confusing and much less believable than it could have been, there was no reason for Candyman to do it (he gets his power from making people fear him, not some unrelated grad student, and he needs her outside of the mental hospital to achieve his goals anyway), and it didn't add anything to the narrative. It was basically just a frustrating and confusing side track that dominates a third of the film. Candyman does do some cool things, but that particular part of the film just ruined it for me personally.

    I don't know about gutting myself with a breadstick, but I'll definitely uninstall too if he joins as another member of the Deep Wound Gang.

  • Honestly, my biggest hope is that they don't bring anything new with the chapter, and instead devote everything to fixing what needs to be fixed. A pipe dream, I know, but I can hope.

    As for Candyman, I have no idea who or what he is, other than the brief commercial I saw of the upcoming movie.

  • @Walker_of_the_fog_96 said:

    @PapiQuentin_ and why not helen lyle? (from first candyman)

    She really seems like a more endearing character than this new generic character from the new 2020 movie.

    Because of legal reasons.

    If they're going for the new movie then they legally wouldn't be allowed to use Helen

  • Mine's a bit old fashioned but I think it would be cool. This is just my opinion though.

    I'd love a Charmed chapter; if you've watched the 1998-2006 tv show then you'll know what I'm talking about.

    The killer could be The Source from season 4, his power could be fire-throwing which blinds and burns the survivors temporarily.

    The survivor could be Phoebe, as her husband became the Source later on in season 4 and she even became pregnant with the Source's child.

    The map could be the underworld where the Source's kingdom was.

    Again, this is a bit far-fetched and only my opinion, I'm not expecting loads of people to approve but this is something that would be interesting to see, especially because the TV show has a lot of sentimental value to me.

  • @Elena said:

    Mine's a bit old fashioned but I think it would be cool. This is just my opinion though.

    I'd love a Charmed chapter; if you've watched the 1998-2006 tv show then you'll know what I'm talking about.

    The killer could be The Source from season 4, his power could be fire-throwing which blinds and burns the survivors temporarily.

    The survivor could be Phoebe, as her husband became the Source later on in season 4 and she even became pregnant with the Source's child.

    The map could be the underworld where the Source's kingdom was.

    Again, this is a bit far-fetched and only my opinion, I'm not expecting loads of people to approve but this is something that would be interesting to see, especially because the TV show has a lot of sentimental value to me.

    My mom used to watch a lot of Charmed ๐Ÿ˜‚

    I personally haven't watched it but I do know what it is

    The 3 woman with the powers and stuff

  • @PapiQuentin_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1183163#Comment_1183163

    My mom used to watch a lot of Charmed ๐Ÿ˜‚

    I personally haven't watched it but I do know what it is

    The 3 woman with the powers and stuff

    Yeah, I'm glad someone knows it.

  • Candyman is on the more obscure side but is a legitimate horror icon despite that. I'd be down for a Candyman DLC, and especially all the inevitable bees jokes that'd endlessly follow his mains.

    As for what his Killer Power would be, being able to teleport out of various mirrors would be an obvious idea, but if I had to guess any power it would probably be a bees related status affliction Survivors have to deal with on top of getting hooked. Maybe BHVR will try to revisit ideas from pre-rework Freddy, with Candyman being relatively weak in chasing but having loads of information on Survivor movements and being able to effectively juggle a Survivor team and keep them all busy?

  • I wouldn't give your hopes up. Does the actor for this guy follow Behvr on twitter? Or it's not necessary for him to follow them if he's the new survivor?

  • I'll be down for a 1992/new Candyman chapter while I wait for my most wanted, a Terminator chapter. That's all I need for this game to be complete for me.

  • Candyman is the one character that I want in this game before Iโ€™m comfortable saying that itโ€™s met my horror fanboy expectations. To be honest, I want him more than I want Jason, which really is saying something.

  • @FilthyQuentin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1182193#Comment_1182193

    I wouldn't give your hopes up. Does the actor for this guy follow Behvr on twitter? Or it's not necessary for him to follow them if he's the new survivor?

    No

    Tony Todd who plays Candyman followed BHVR

    Idk about the actor of Anthony

  • It's very possible, but remember, the devs followed Stephen King (and I think King followed back) right around when the new IT movie came out and nothing came of it. Don't get your hopes too high.

  • @Eradik said:

    It's very possible, but remember, the devs followed Stephen King (and I think King followed back) right around when the new IT movie came out and nothing came of it. Don't get your hopes too high.

    The Devs following someone doesnโ€™t mean anything but the actor of a horror icon following the Devs the same day he follows the new movie that heโ€™s said to be in is something to think about.

  • I'd love to see something like one of the monsters from Quiet Place make an appearance. Plus then we could have John Krasinski as a suvivor!

    3020cd3e0f8d04236fec5354eccafe9376eab137.jpg A-Quiet-Place-1.jpg


  • @ItzPixelYT said:

    I'd love to see something like one of the monsters from Quiet Place make an appearance. Plus then we could have John Krasinski as a suvivor!

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/130/078VLO2FYYNP.jpg

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/534/5A1EWU7FVJFZ.jpg

    I'd love John Krasinski.

    Imagine that (after the Quentin face rework if it does happen)

    We could play as Bruce Campbell, Kyle Gallner, Joe Keery and John Krasinski.

    That's a better crossover than ENDGAME!!!!

  • @Eradik said:

    It's very possible, but remember, the devs followed Stephen King (and I think King followed back) right around when the new IT movie came out and nothing came of it. Don't get your hopes too high.

    King never followed DBD. I don't know why people keep repeating this false claim.

  • @Okapi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1186761#Comment_1186761

    King never followed DBD. I don't know why people keep repeating this false claim.

    That's why I said I THINK, not I KNOW.

  • @PapiQuentin_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1186669#Comment_1186669

    No

    Tony Todd who plays Candyman followed BHVR

    Idk about the actor of Anthony

    Yeah I was asking about the actor of Anthony.

  • @Eradik said:

    It's very possible, but remember, the devs followed Stephen King (and I think King followed back) right around when the new IT movie came out and nothing came of it. Don't get your hopes too high.

    I think they followed Stephen King before the new IT. They just unfollow refollow just to mess with us.

  • @TheRockstarKnight said:

    I hope not, we haven't had a male Survivor since Steve or a female Killer since Plague/Demogorgon (I think Demodoggy is a good girl).

    That aside, I've seen the first Candyman film. It was boring, the plot left a lot to be desired, and the best part of it, the music, got old after 20 minutes and frustrating after 40.

    Also what would Candyman do? Teleport behind Survivors, improbably manage to impale them with his hook, and then blame it on Nea? Apply Deep Wounds with bees?

    You have to admit, regardless of how you feel about Candyman, he wouldn't really fit into 'circle the pallet 100 times and get bonked' gameplay loop of DbD.

    It's not meant to be viewed as "Boring" no duh it's going to be "Boring" by today's standards.

    It's a Classic, imagine watching it as a kid not as an adult in 2020, or 2019.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1181877#Comment_1181877

    It's not meant to be viewed as "Boring" no duh it's going to be "Boring" by today's standards.

    It's a Classic, imagine watching it as a kid not as an adult in 2020, or 2019.

    its not boring by today's standards at all, people dont know quality, they want action and explosions and think that means something.

    Its Darth Vader vs Obiwan in the original trilogy against Darth Maul vs Qui-gon and Young Obiwan in the prequels.

    The first is mostly talking, a hit here and there but heavy on the lore, the history, there is a lot going on in the characters.

    The second is BZOOM LIGHSABER ZING ZING WHOOOOH ZING ZING ZOOM ZWAOMMMM AWESUME DUDE WOOOOHHH......

    So yeah, Candyman is more for the ermm thinking person, a lot of modern movies are more for those who want some dumb gore with stupid characters where really we all root for the killer.

  • @ZoneDymo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1187559#Comment_1187559

    its not boring by today's standards at all, people dont know quality, they want action and explosions and think that means something.

    Its Darth Vader vs Obiwan in the original trilogy against Darth Maul vs Qui-gon and Young Obiwan in the prequels.

    The first is mostly talking, a hit here and there but heavy on the lore, the history, there is a lot going on in the characters.

    The second is BZOOM LIGHSABER ZING ZING WHOOOOH ZING ZING ZOOM ZWAOMMMM AWESUME DUDE WOOOOHHH......

    So yeah, Candyman is more for the ermm thinking person, a lot of modern movies are more for those who want some dumb gore with stupid characters where really we all root for the killer.

    Yes, all of this.

    It's Michael Bay vs. Dario Argento.

  • I've seen a couple People talk about the idea of Richard Traeger (spelling? lol) from outlast as a killer. I feel like he'd be fantastic as outlast was such an amazing game, plus he's got such a perfect look already. Plus Miles Upshur would make for another good survivor, and whilst loads of people hate indoor maps mount massive asylum could be pretty amazing and could even have an outdoor courtyard area.

    I understand it's another video game so the licensing might be difficult (I don't know all that much about these things ๐Ÿ˜‚) but he would make for a terrifying killer and I've already got some perks in mind.

    One for Traeger could be called 'Bloodplay'. When in a chase with an injured survivor, you're fuelled by the smell of blood and your movement speed is increased by 3/4/5%. Bloodlust will not activate at the same. So it's basically instant blood lust. I dunno just think it'd be cool ๐Ÿคท

  • @Okapi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1181877#Comment_1181877

    The main character in the new movie is a dude. So there's your male survivor.

    So you didn't like the original movie. Okay I guess? Are you working at Behaviour and have a veto on these decisions? No of course not. You may not like Candyman but many others do. Their support overrides your opposition.

    Candyman, a ghost with a hook as an arm, doesn't fit in DBD but the three ghosts we already have (Spirit, Nurse, Freddy) fit? What about the Oni, an ogre? Or the Demogorgan, which isn't even a human? They all fit but not Candyman? C'mon now.

    I get it you don't like Candyman, but the devs and many players would like to see him in. So he has a chance.

    Wellp freddy is a demon not a ghost hehehe I got another idea of ghost but nurse and Rin i will buy it.

  • @Primalux135 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1181902#Comment_1181902

    Wellp freddy is a demon not a ghost hehehe I got another idea of ghost but nurse and Rin i will buy it.

    Oni is demon too lul

  • @Lexilogo said:

    Candyman is on the more obscure side but is a legitimate horror icon despite that. I'd be down for a Candyman DLC, and especially all the inevitable bees jokes that'd endlessly follow his mains.

    As for what his Killer Power would be, being able to teleport out of various mirrors would be an obvious idea, but if I had to guess any power it would probably be a bees related status affliction Survivors have to deal with on top of getting hooked. Maybe BHVR will try to revisit ideas from pre-rework Freddy, with Candyman being relatively weak in chasing but having loads of information on Survivor movements and being able to effectively juggle a Survivor team and keep them all busy?

    Send bees to make survivors hit with enviroment. Nice power huh?

  • I used to watch that Buffy and Angel all the time growing up. Great shows.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1181877#Comment_1181877

    It's not meant to be viewed as "Boring" no duh it's going to be "Boring" by today's standards.

    It's a Classic, imagine watching it as a kid not as an adult in 2020, or 2019.

    No, it was boring to me because about a 3rd of the movie didn't really seem to have a purpose or amount to anything and additionally made our protagonist look like a bumbling loser.

    Like, the movie had it's share of good bits, but that doesn't make it enjoyable.

    The age of a movie doesn't make it intrinsically boring; I just rewatched Nosferatu (1922) and had a pretty good time. People find things boring based on their personal tastes.

  • I think you guys are pretty close, Chapter 16 is certainly going to have something to do with bees.

    Behold, the next killer

    530242_the-bee-movie-script.jpg


  • @Heartbound said:

    I think you guys are pretty close, Chapter 16 is certainly going to have something to do with bees.

    Behold, the next killer

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/857/23QA555NGFZ2.jpg

    I think you meant beehold.