Any plans to remove the locker + DS tech?

For supposedly being an "anti-tunnel" perk, it sure is easy to force the killer to eat the stun.

Comments

  • If they are giving you a free grab, just yank them out of the locker and get it out of the way. You don't want those DS around in end game anyway.

  • @toxicmegg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1137147#Comment_1137147

    it's just facts. i think you see it the way you want to see it, not the way it is. because you and other salty killer mains want to tunnel without any issues. and if something is a bait, it's your comment. thank you, next :)

    You are just as toxic as your name suggests. Really sad. Calling me a salty killer main when i play both.

    DS is broken. If somebody uses DS on me because i go after the weaker animal i still get them 20 seconds later. Big deal. My job is to kill. Should not have gotten caught then should you?

  • We are looking into the potentially more abusive aspects and seeing what we can do, but nothing is confirmed yet.

  • @Peanits said:

    We are looking into the potentially more abusive aspects and seeing what we can do, but nothing is confirmed yet.

    I’m curious as to how hopping into a locker to make a DS play is abusive since it’s not forcing the killer to do anything

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    You know what's funny, there's a post on here begging killers to stop tunneling, and this post wants to get rid of the one of the only factors that allows survivors a chance against tunneling.

    Ironic.

    I think what most killers wants is to get rid of cheese mechanics like hoping in a locker to force DS and the abuse of DS in endgame. I play both sides equaly and imo its not wrong that DS can be used before gens are powered, because in that case it fullfil its original purpose wich is prevent tunneling.. But after all gens are done and in EGC its a perk that gives you a free escape, like BT when you get unhooked. And that don't feel right at all if you ask me.

    Its kind of crazy.. because if you look at DS and BT in this scenario its 100% logic that this perks should deactivate after all gens are powered/EGC and however its still here. I don't know what you guys think but when you look at things like this... the bias of the devs smells from miles away.

    And don't misundertand me, i think that DS and BT in the endgame its equaly unfair like noed. And i would be very happy with a removed noed if they deactivate this perks in EGC. It's the most fair change they can make to the game right now. No free escapes.. no free kills.

  • @BigTimeGamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1138092#Comment_1138092

    I’m curious as to how hopping into a locker to make a DS play is abusive since it’s not forcing the killer to do anything

    You're also not forced to: Hit the DS skill check, do gens and even playing the game! good argument

  • @toxicmegg said:

    why can't you just stop tunneling and go after someone else? seriously, it's not so hard. if you tunnel someone and they enter a locker, just leave them and patrol gens. or waste your time complaining and waiting in front of the locker, or eat the DS if you want that one survivor that bad

    You say this, but what you really mean is "just leave this survivor alone for 60s and don't do anything to interrupt their gen repair time." That is the problem with DS, slugging someone off the hook is not "tunneling" them, it's stopping them from doing a gen, and forcing their teammate to come get them up and heal them which is NOT TUNNELING. You really think that a killer should just leave an injured person alone when they come across them? DS should prevent an immediate rehook, which it does, it should not prevent the killer from interacting with you at all.

  • Just do bones!

    Sound familiar?

  • The problem is not eating an undeserved DS because you hook people too quickly.

    The problem is eating a DS from a survivor WHO IS REPAIRING A [BAD WORD] GENERATOR!

    This is the only problem. just this!

  • Personally I think DS should deactivate if the survivor starts working on a generator, cleansing a totem, healing a survivor (Self-healing or being healed by other survivors is fine and doesn't deactivate DS) or attempting an unhook. Possibly saboing. Working on a jigsaw box, snapping out of it, mending yourself, waking up from Freddy at an alarm clock (but not mending or waking up another player) or cleansing at a plague fountain is arguably fine.


    If you're unhooking a survivor in my face and I grab and interrupt you while DS is up, (or down you right after the unhook) that's NOT tunneling.


    If DS deactivated when doing those kinds of actions it'd still be an anti-tunnel perk so a killer can't just tunnel them down so they can't play, it's just if the survivor decides to continue to participate in doing the objectives or altruism before the 60 seconds are up (Again, they are allowed to be healed or self-heal) they forfeit DS.


    DS would still be anti-tunnel but can't be abused as god-mode for 60 seconds which is what I dislike about it. I shouldn't be punished for an interrupt on a survivor unhooking someone or working on a hex totem.

  • @HollowsGrief

    "DS should prevent an immediate rehook, which it does, it should not prevent the killer from interacting with you at all."

    Very true.. i think the fix for this cheesy locker+DS mechanic is as simple as make DS not work inside lockers. Then DS can work like a real anti-tunnel perk and not like a 60 sec inmunity of all kind perk..

  • @BigTimeGamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1138092#Comment_1138092

    I’m curious as to how hopping into a locker to make a DS play is abusive since it’s not forcing the killer to do anything

    I would agree with you. The abusive part would more so be if they were work on a generator, then hop in a locker any time you came close. At that point you're forced to take the stun or allow them to work on the generator unopposed. Though I would argue that the locker isn't the problem there.

  • @Rivyn

    Why should window tech get "fixed"? It is a skill full move that doesnt have any huge benefit. Its really risky thought, if you are smart enough you will hear the footstebs and get a easy free hit. That move grants alot of free hits and is overall not really usefull. It only works on less experienced Killer but with that argument you could say that 360 are op aswell...

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1138101#Comment_1138101

    I would agree with you. The abusive part would more so be if they were work on a generator, then hop in a locker any time you came close. At that point you're forced to take the stun or allow them to work on the generator unopposed. Though I would argue that the locker isn't the problem there.

    How often does that happen? 80% of the time I don’t even get to use DS as most killers play around that and BT. Not to mention DS is 60sec which is not long at all, Scott’s mission for Locker DS into Head on into flashlight is as extreme as it can be and even that is a very difficult thing to achieve. Changing one method of forcing a DS stun based on extreme examples seems illogical.

    if anything has to be changed with DS then imo it should be if you hook a second person then it deactivates if they are not downed. at that point you aren’t tunneling.

  • @Irisora said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1137141#Comment_1137141

    I think what most killers wants is to get rid of cheese mechanics like hoping in a locker to force DS and the abuse of DS in endgame. I play both sides equaly and imo its not wrong that DS can be used before gens are powered, because in that case it fullfil its original purpose wich is prevent tunneling.. But after all gens are done and in EGC its a perk that gives you a free escape, like BT when you get unhooked. And that don't feel right at all if you ask me.

    Its kind of crazy.. because if you look at DS and BT in this scenario its 100% logic that this perks should deactivate after all gens are powered/EGC and however its still here. I don't know what you guys think but when you look at things like this... the bias of the devs smells from miles away.

    And don't misundertand me, i think that DS and BT in the endgame its equaly unfair like noed. And i would be very happy with a removed noed if they deactivate this perks in EGC. It's the most fair change they can make to the game right now. No free escapes.. no free kills.

    I'll agree with you there.

    I'd Love to Trade NOED for BT or DS.

    No free kills, no free escapes.

  • @BigTimeGamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1138132#Comment_1138132

    How often does that happen? 80% of the time I don’t even get to use DS as most killers play around that and BT. Not to mention DS is 60sec which is not long at all, Scott’s mission for Locker DS into Head on into flashlight is as extreme as it can be and even that is a very difficult thing to achieve. Changing one method of forcing a DS stun based on extreme examples seems illogical.

    if anything has to be changed with DS then imo it should be if you hook a second person then it deactivates if they are not downed. at that point you aren’t tunneling.

    Not often, but in any case, you're arguing with someone who feels the same as you. I don't think the locker by itself is the problem, it's the fact that it stays active even after you start working on generators. I have no issue with it activating when you grab someone from a locker, personally.

  • A lot of you survivors are saying "stop tunneling" have y'all considered the fact that a killer can hook 2 other survivors and still get hit with DS?

    Interruption actions (grabs) shouldn't trigger DS imo simply because you survivors force DS thinking that the killer will leave you alone, just to only DC or get salty in post game chat.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1138150#Comment_1138150

    Not often, but in any case, you're arguing with someone who feels the same as you. I don't think the locker by itself is the problem, it's the fact that it stays active even after you start working on generators. I have no issue with it activating when you grab someone from a locker, personally.

    What about the scenario where the gen is next to the hook you're hanging from and it's almost completed. You get unhooked, you finish the gen as the killer rushes towards you and BAM, he hits you as the gen is completed.

    Happens to me quite a bit.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1138160#Comment_1138160

    What about the scenario where the gen is next to the hook you're hanging from and it's almost completed. You get unhooked, you finish the gen as the killer rushes towards you and BAM, he hits you as the gen is completed.

    Happens to me quite a bit.

    Sounds to me like you opted to do a generator and put yourself back into the running. You aren't really being tunneled at that point. They're chasing you off a gen, not off the hook.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1138178#Comment_1138178

    Sounds to me like you opted to do a generator and put yourself back into the running. You aren't really being tunneled at that point. They're chasing you off a gen, not off the hook.

    Tomatoe, Tomato.

    I can see that as well.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1138150#Comment_1138150

    Not often, but in any case, you're arguing with someone who feels the same as you. I don't think the locker by itself is the problem, it's the fact that it stays active even after you start working on generators. I have no issue with it activating when you grab someone from a locker, personally.

    My point isn't being aimed at you directly, but as a general counter to the idea of nerfing DS this way

    as to it being used while working on a gen, its still in the end a 1-off perk that will by you a few seconds if you decide to waste it that way

  • @BenZ0 said:

    @Rivyn

    Why should window tech get "fixed"? It is a skill full move that doesnt have any huge benefit. Its really risky thought, if you are smart enough you will hear the footstebs and get a easy free hit. That move grants alot of free hits and is overall not really usefull. It only works on less experienced Killer but with that argument you could say that 360 are op aswell...

    Because the killer model shouldn't be able to be phased through when vaulting? I get that it's an issue with the actual vault mechanic, but it's idiotic. Much like the hook tech.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1138150#Comment_1138150

    Not often, but in any case, you're arguing with someone who feels the same as you. I don't think the locker by itself is the problem, it's the fact that it stays active even after you start working on generators. I have no issue with it activating when you grab someone from a locker, personally.

    Maybe make the time deplete twice as fast if you are working on a gen.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1138160#Comment_1138160

    Maybe make the time deplete twice as fast if you are working on a gen.

    It should obciously be removed instantly if you work on a gen, heal someone or do totems as you obviously aint being tunneled if you do that.

  • @BigTimeGamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1138160#Comment_1138160

    My point isn't being aimed at you directly, but as a general counter to the idea of nerfing DS this way

    as to it being used while working on a gen, its still in the end a 1-off perk that will by you a few seconds if you decide to waste it that way

    60 seconds isn't "a few seconds". It's 3/4 of a gen all by yourself, during which the killer has to choose whether to let you go without any downside, slap you and draw another survivor to that gen so you both finish it even faster, or take the stun for absolutely no benefit besides taking away your free escape card. And then if the killer takes the last option, survivors will generally start losing their minds over "tunneling" and do their best to make the rest of the match for the killer as miserable as possible.

    And, of course, all of that is ignoring the situations where you can force the killer into a grab and force them to eat the stun, like locker slamming right next to an unfinished gen.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1138160#Comment_1138160

    Maybe make the time deplete twice as fast if you are working on a gen.

    A very interesting idea. Although at least for me the true evil of this perk is being able to activate it in EGC/after all gens are done. And i remark after all gens are done because is very easy for a survivor to just leave the gates at 99% thus, it should deactivate in those both cases.

  • @Rivyn

    So you want to get that opputinity out for free hits as a Killer? Alright sounds logic

  • The locker trick is a very unique mind game that should stay in the game. The killer doesn't know if the actually have ds or inner strength. They also could have head-on so it is a very cool mind game.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    The locker trick is a very unique mind game that should stay in the game. The killer doesn't know if the actually have ds or inner strength. They also could have head-on so it is a very cool mind game.

    Except there's no risk for the survivor, and nothing but risk for the killer. If the survivor knows they're going to get hit, they can just get in a locker after an unhook, and have nothing but, at worst, neutral outcomes. Meanwhile, the killer has to worry about everything you just listed, and has no real way to mitigate that risk.

  • @Vampire said:

    DS should end the moment another survivor is hooked

    Such a simple but perfect change. It's a shame they haven't done this yet.

  • @toxicmegg said:

    "i want to tunnel without getting punished in any ways at all so please make the perk useless"

    yea thats not even the issue my dude. The issue is that DS isn't an anti tunneling perk, it's a free getaway perk and you know it lol. I once hooked someone, once they were off the hook I hooked 2 other people, found him in a locker and he still DS'd me. That's not fair in any form, DS needs too go away once the killer hooks someone else so it can actually be an anti tunneling perk.

  • @Rivyn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1138147#Comment_1138147

    Because the killer model shouldn't be able to be phased through when vaulting? I get that it's an issue with the actual vault mechanic, but it's idiotic. Much like the hook tech.

    Stop removing some of the things in the game the require some kind of skill to pull off.

  • @BigTimeGamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1138092#Comment_1138092

    I’m curious as to how hopping into a locker to make a DS play is abusive since it’s not forcing the killer to do anything

    That's a lie and we all know it lol. I shouldn't be DS stunned when I play killer after I already hooked 1 or 2 people. That's not a "DS play" that's an abusive scenario where the killer has too loose.

  • @Huntar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1138307#Comment_1138307

    Except there's no risk for the survivor, and nothing but risk for the killer. If the survivor knows they're going to get hit, they can just get in a locker after an unhook, and have nothing but, at worst, neutral outcomes. Meanwhile, the killer has to worry about everything you just listed, and has no real way to mitigate that risk.

    One of many risk and reward scenarios in this game. There are many of these on both killer and survivor.

    I think the game is at it's best when you do mind games. I think of all the "problems" this game has this isn't one of them.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1138323#Comment_1138323

    One of many risk and reward scenarios in this game. There are many of these on both killer and survivor.

    I think the game is at it's best when you do mind games. I think of all the "problems" this game has this isn't one of them.

    It's not a mindgame. There's no game to it. It's just a degenerate strategy.

  • Can we please have a obsession perk that helps with camping I'm tired of being chosen as the obsession and deleted from match.

    Better yet can we ditch our obsession status onto the flashlight user?

  • @ChiTenshi said:

    DS should still work if the Survivor gets pulled out a Locker, reason, because they were tunnelled.

    If you're chasing them and DS is active, what's the difference between downing them and picking them up or pulling them out of a Locker?

    Honestly, nothing.

    You just show you don't understand how the game works with this comment.

    On skilled level plays killer will down one survivor and chase the other to apply pressure. In that way three survivors are occupied, one working on gen. 1 downed, 1 chased, and 1 going for the heal of the downed.

    If you jump in a locker you just say FU to the killer. It stops the pressure.

  • @SirCracken said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1136961#Comment_1136961

    DS doesn't even counter tunneling. If anything, it encourages the killer to eat the stuns early on so they don't become a free escape during the end game.

    And please don't give me that laughable excuse about "not being forced to eat the stun". That's like saying you're not forced to save a team mate and get exposed by MYC. It's your direct objective, and the perk punishes you for deciding to complete it efficiently.

    If ds is such an issue for you then just slug them. If they jump in a locker then just eat ths ds and leave them

  • @SirCracken said:

    For supposedly being an "anti-tunnel" perk, it sure is easy to force the killer to eat the stun.

    It’s not easy and it should be buffed so the skill check is bigger. Because That perk DOES take up a perk slot and is very situational. They should just put a ######### baseball bat in the game with limited uses that you can find in a chest. It can be really difficult to get a killer off your ass sometimes there should be more. I don’t Like queuing up for games as a survivor where I’m just getting tunneled hard and beat down. It’s deflating. They ought to make it easier to stay hidden it makes the game more suspenseful. I see lack of cover and dead ends everywhere on some of these maps. Map design is terrible. Swamp is my fav tho. Lerys offers good line of sight breaks from there being a lot of small rooms to pass through.

  • @toxicmegg said:

    "i want to tunnel without getting punished in any ways at all so please make the perk useless"

    We don't want to tunnel, we want to keep people off generators. I'll respect DS when they're on the ground as it still gives me momentum without putting them on a hook. Somebody jumping in a locker does neither of these things. They stay injured, or even healthy if the have Inner Strength, and I'm forced to either eat a stun or wait an unknown amount of time because the SURVIVOR is too boosted to loop me, since they clearly had the ability to make at least some distance from the hook to the locker.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1138101#Comment_1138101

    I would agree with you. The abusive part would more so be if they were work on a generator, then hop in a locker any time you came close. At that point you're forced to take the stun or allow them to work on the generator unopposed. Though I would argue that the locker isn't the problem there.

    Make the person who has D.S. active Repair the gen slower (25%?) than if they didn't have it activated.


    So if I get off the hook D.S. is active, I now repair the gen 25% slower. Once D.S. deactivates, I gain the normal Gen speed back.


    Would that be a proper solution?

  • @PeenutsButt3r said:

    Assuming you come back to the hook and tunnel that poor guy just got unhooked otherwise there's no problem with DS, even useless on survivors if the killer don't tunnel, why not go for the rescuer instead.

    I drop them on the ground to disable them, then I go for the rescuer. Locker Tech gives no momentum and rewards survivors for sucking at looping

  • @toxicmegg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1137017#Comment_1137017

    taking a hit isn't a mistake tho, it's just how how the game works

    hooking survivors isn't a mistake tho, it's just how the game works

  • @Micheal_Myers said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1138132#Comment_1138132

    Make the person who has D.S. active Repair the gen slower (25%?) than if they didn't have it activated.

    So if I get off the hook D.S. is active, I now repair the gen 25% slower. Once D.S. deactivates, I gain the normal Gen speed back.

    Would that be a proper solution?

    enough with the DS nerfs lol survivors need to be able to have a better chance to get away if you’re picking them up within that full minute after they’ve been hooked anyways. Why do you feel as though you deserve that 2nd hook on that guy when you just camped him? I want a bigger skill check on that thing or longer stun because 5 seconds sometimes isn’t enough with how fast the killer is he’s back on your ass anyways

  • Run trapper and trap that locker forcing them to stay in there.

  • At dis point in time im just eatiing the d.s. you chase some one els and having it be a short chase. You find the survivor and ta da...D S ur azz. It been times i got 3 times in a row and not "tunneling". But dont get me wrong it sucks. Ppl who say dont tunne3l dont play killer and if they do they rank 20. A full rank 1 team the one where u have a chase n 3 gens pop....yes its normal. You HAVE to tunnel or slug a bit to Win.

  • @BulletsNonstop said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1138399#Comment_1138399

    enough with the DS nerfs lol survivors need to be able to have a better chance to get away if you’re picking them up within that full minute after they’ve been hooked anyways. Why do you feel as though you deserve that 2nd hook on that guy when you just camped him? I want a bigger skill check on that thing or longer stun because 5 seconds sometimes isn’t enough with how fast the killer is he’s back on your ass anyways

    Dude


    1) Dont get angry.

    2) The devs are looking at abuses that this Perk may cause and will nerf it accordingly they litterally stated this in this thread.


    So I proposed a worthy fix. What downside does D.S. have? NONE. I am providing one. So shush and calm down please. No need to be defensive. No one even stated we wanted a second hook. Hell my proposal isn't even aiming at a second hook. It punishes the survivor for having D.S. active. That's all. It doesn't make you exposed or male your aura be read by the killer, so trying to call me out and being rude isnt solving your issue. That's probably why you are jailed. So once you calm down reread my comment and this thread (mostly the Devs comments) then please provide constructive feedback. Thank you.

  • @SirCracken said:

    For supposedly being an "anti-tunnel" perk, it sure is easy to force the killer to eat the stun.

    You know what? Just equip moris, easy counter to DS. Granted not for the locker but that is just the way it is and will be.

  • Maybe the better question is why do killers feel the need to slug freshly-unhooked survivors and commit the unpardonable sin of "tunneling" in the first place.

    Could it be that generator speeds are so ridiculous that putting a survivor on the ground, even one I can't pick up, slows the game down as Monto would say "just a little bit" occupying at least one other survivor to go for the heal?

    What's moronic about DS is it's supposed to fix "tunneling" except we already have a perk for that in borrowed time.

    Fixing DS would fix a symptom, not the actual disease. I literally grabbed someone off a generator to start a game as wraith, we're talking 40 seconds max, thanks to two survivors on the same gen and a BNP, a generator POPPED. No chase, no multiple hits, literally grab and hook, 20% of objectives completed in that time.

    So yes, I'm going to tunnel and slug you off the hook, and if one of you is on the hook and the other is slugged I'm going to proxy camp you too, and if I don't think that's enough I'm bringing Mori's so I can tell you what I think of your DS as I'm killing you in a way I can only describe as highly disturbing.

    And it will not stop until some of this nonsense is addressed.

1 2 3 4 5