No Disrespect but...

I believe that the Devs should get fired for ruining this game. They claim that they are making it balanced but in reality, any changes makes the killer more hard and less enjoyable. It makes survivor more easier to play. If you look at other 4v1 games, they actually listen to both sides and fix some issue. DBD doesn't really listen to both sides as much. I feel like they are slowly running out of ideas and creativity. I will admit that the archive challenges is a good concept because it gives people more things to do and help sided player to be more versatile. Other indie horror games like White Noise 2 or Friday the 13th are a bit more balanced in a sense.

Comments

  • @FrenziedRoach said:

    If you think F13 is anywhere near balanced, you're deluded man. That game is a train wreck

    I quit that after the rage mode buff. Laziest Jason buff they came up with.

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1045300#Comment_1045300

    The DS rework was a HUUUUUUGE buff to it not a nerf. Insta heals are still just as bad except now its a styptic instead of syringe thats causing problems. Pallets galore is still prominent on maps like Ormond where every tile has a super powerful pallet while yes its not double pallets, they replaced one tile being super powerful to transforming it into two insanely powerful tiles

    @kate_best_girl

    We used to be able to use DS almost at will (on first down) so all you had to do is make sure you were away from a hook. You didn’t need to have been hooked first and you didn’t have a timer.

    I don’t think it was a buff, it just became more conditional.

  • How do you fire the creators of the game lol

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    I doubt that this "focus on new survivor players" is an idea from the devs. Sounds more like an instruction given to them by the bosses.

    BHVR owns the game no bosses except BHVR.

  • boss = head of department (or similar, I don't know BHVR's structures)

    devs = employees working on game design & balance

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1046614#Comment_1046614

    boss = head of department (or similar, I don't know BHVR's structures)

    devs = employees working on game design & balance

    Just wasn't sure what you exactly meant. I know a lot of companies that do stupid changes because the people who own the company say "do this"

  • @Reaper_xx said:

    I believe that the Devs should get fired for ruining this game. They claim that they are making it balanced but in reality, any changes makes the killer more hard and less enjoyable. It makes survivor more easier to play. If you look at other 4v1 games, they actually listen to both sides and fix some issue. DBD doesn't really listen to both sides as much. I feel like they are slowly running out of ideas and creativity. I will admit that the archive challenges is a good concept because it gives people more things to do and help sided player to be more versatile. Other indie horror games like White Noise 2 or Friday the 13th are a bit more balanced in a sense.

    Every change makes survivor easier to play? I'm guessing you weren't here when we had vacuum pallets, double pallets, infinite loops, jungle gyms with two windows, bt gave endurance to both survivors, ds could be used by one survivor even if he/she hadn't been already hooked, old MoM, you could use sprint burst balanced landing dead hard and lithe at the same time, exhaustion didn't exist and you could recover while running etc etc. If you're new to the game you can't draw conclusions like the ones you drew dude. Yes, the game is still unbalanced but saying that every change the devs make makes the game easier for survivors is a complete lie.

    Ps. How's Friday the 13th balanced? Jason can literally grab you and kill you in 5 seconds unless you have a pocket knife.

  • @AsePlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/125322/no-disrespect-but

    Are we forgetting killer used to be way harder than it is now to fit a certain narrative? Ok cool, just making sure.

    Just because killer was harder before doesn't justify not making the game more balanced now.

    The game had infinites and other things killers had no way to beat, of course it needed to be changed. We still have problems in modern day DBD, they just aren't the same issues. They still need to be addressed though.

    Scratch that, we do have one issue from the early days still: SWF.

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    I doubt that this "focus on new survivor players" is an idea from the devs. Sounds more like an instruction given to them by the bosses.

    Sounds to me like the investors want the game to grow and be more profitable by attracting, and keeping, new players.

    What a silly concept....longevity and growth. Good thing those other horror games are so good.......wait...nevermind.

  • @Divinitye9 said:

    Survivors have had their share of nerfs as well. Insta-heals, DS on demand, and pallets galore being three that immediately come to mind. Is this enough? No, it isn't, but that's my opinion.

    Killers just happen to be getting spit on more often these days. Playing an effective killer these days is not impossible. It can be hard in some games, yes, but there are also games where you just completely run people over.

    Ideas and creativity? Depends what you are looking specifically at. In terms of design, they have a vast amount of creativity. I am looking forward to their map/music/in-house killer designs in the future... definitely some promise there. Now the balance team...

    "Survivors have had nerfs" is a really common reply

    But everyone always mentions pallets...

    Pallets and vault changes are not survivor nerfs they are map changes.


    Pallets used to teleport players anyone remember that ?

    Something dev's have openly said In a game based on survivors mistakes the older it gets the more they need to rebalance to account for how much they learned. I've not seen anyone in red ranks fail a skillcheck in a long long time

  • @DragonOfPain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1045441#Comment_1045441

    Oh but with the Original Mori, I could get 4K always.. It doesn't matter back then since everyone was still starting the game.. If the Original Mori was still around, trust me, The Kill rate will be 100% all the time..

    If the original tiles and god loops were still around, trust me, the kill rate will be 0% all the time.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @DeadGavin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1045475#Comment_1045475

    So you don't understand the idea of what makes it Asymmetrical. So the killer is stronger than a survivor on their own. When the survivors work together they are supposed to have an equivalent strength to the killer. That is where the idea of being good or bad on either side is what makes you win. Good survivors will beat bad killers. Bad survivors will die to good killers. The power role OVERALL is whoever is better. NOT default the killer.

    "This is a multiplayer vs game. The power role is to whichever side is better."

    That's what you said, and that statement is incorrect. In an asymmetrical game, the power role is designated by the game and lore, not dictated by who wins. You can be the power role and STILL lose; but the power role IS the single powerful entity, and not the group of 4. Period.

    And no. I completely understand it. The issue with your flawed rhetoric is the game isn't balanced like it should be. As a killer you can play perfectly and make no fundamental mistakes, while the survivors in the same game can make infinite mistakes and still recover from them. The survivors have time on their side. The killer has it working against them.

    The fact that there are resources in the game that can make one lone survivor be able to bully a killer on their own is completely ludicrous. That's the part you're choosing to ignore. There should never be a situation where a single survivor is more powerful than the power role; and yet, there is.

    TL;DR - the power role has nothing to do with who is better. Who WINS is who is better. The power role is the designated position of the single powerful entity in game. The survivors are not a *single entity*. They are a team of 4.

  • @ReallyBigShoe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1048590#Comment_1048590

    "This is a multiplayer vs game. The power role is to whichever side is better."

    That's what you said, and that statement is incorrect. In an asymmetrical game, the power role is designated by the game and lore, not dictated by who wins. You can be the power role and STILL lose; but the power role IS the single powerful entity, and not the group of 4. Period.

    And no. I completely understand it. The issue with your flawed rhetoric is the game isn't balanced like it should be. As a killer you can play perfectly and make no fundamental mistakes, while the survivors in the same game can make infinite mistakes and still recover from them. The survivors have time on their side. The killer has it working against them.

    The fact that there are resources in the game that can make one lone survivor be able to bully a killer on their own is completely ludicrous. That's the part you're choosing to ignore. There should never be a situation where a single survivor is more powerful than the power role; and yet, there is.

    TL;DR - the power role has nothing to do with who is better. Who WINS is who is better. The power role is the designated position of the single powerful entity in game. The survivors are not a *single entity*. They are a team of 4.

    Power role: a single being, individually more capable

    Team role: individually weaker than the power role, use numbers to their advantage

    Dbd doesn't deviate from this in the slightest, without other survivors a single survivor will die on first hook and won't be able to avoid hooks via flashlight or sabo. Without other survivors a single survivor will constantly be under pressure and incapable of doing objectives towards their goal. Am I wrong?

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1048631#Comment_1048631

    Power role: a single being, individually more capable

    Team role: individually weaker than the power role, use numbers to their advantage

    Dbd doesn't deviate from this in the slightest, without other survivors a single survivor will die on first hook and won't be able to avoid hooks via flashlight or sabo. Without other survivors a single survivor will constantly be under pressure and incapable of doing objectives towards their goal. Am I wrong?

    I'm glad we agree on what the power role is.

    And yes, you are right.

    That's how it should be.

  • @ReallyBigShoe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1048669#Comment_1048669

    I'm glad we agree on what the power role is.

    And yes, you are right.

    That's how it should be.

    Well is the reason I can't do gens while being chased or slugged because I'm bad at the game?

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1048674#Comment_1048674

    Well is the reason I can't do gens while being chased or slugged because I'm bad at the game?

    No.

    I will say, if you are chased and caught within like 10-20 seconds because you couldn't use a pallet correctly, I wouldn't call you "good", but just being chased or slugged doesn't make you bad (which is another reason the MMR won't work, btw).

  • @Reaper_xx said:

    I believe that the Devs should get fired for ruining this game. They claim that they are making it balanced but in reality, any changes makes the killer more hard and less enjoyable. It makes survivor more easier to play. If you look at other 4v1 games, they actually listen to both sides and fix some issue. DBD doesn't really listen to both sides as much. I feel like they are slowly running out of ideas and creativity. I will admit that the archive challenges is a good concept because it gives people more things to do and help sided player to be more versatile. Other indie horror games like White Noise 2 or Friday the 13th are a bit more balanced in a sense.

    Exactly I hate rank 1

  • @Sylorknag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1045285#Comment_1045285

    It wasn't harder. It was pretty much unplayable from the game play I've seen...

    Do you really think it's in a fine state now cause it improved from being hot garbage?

    It suck I hate ranks 1

  • @FrenziedRoach said:

    If you think F13 is anywhere near balanced, you're deluded man. That game is a train wreck

    I said somewhat or in a sense. Meaning not completely but getting there

  • @AsePlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/125322/no-disrespect-but

    Are we forgetting killer used to be way harder than it is now to fit a certain narrative? Ok cool, just making sure.

    Wait, the killer was harder to play as or against? I would prefer the latter because they aren't hard anymore.

  • @Warlock_2020 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1045290#Comment_1045290

    Sounds to me like the investors want the game to grow and be more profitable by attracting, and keeping, new players.

    What a silly concept....longevity and growth. Good thing those other horror games are so good.......wait...nevermind.

    You don't achieve longevity and growth by only focussing on new survivors. The pool of new potential players is limited. For growth, the already existing players have to keep playing the game, too.

  • @Reaper_xx said:

    I believe that the Devs should get fired for ruining this game. They claim that they are making it balanced but in reality, any changes makes the killer more hard and less enjoyable. It makes survivor more easier to play. If you look at other 4v1 games, they actually listen to both sides and fix some issue. DBD doesn't really listen to both sides as much. I feel like they are slowly running out of ideas and creativity. I will admit that the archive challenges is a good concept because it gives people more things to do and help sided player to be more versatile. Other indie horror games like White Noise 2 or Friday the 13th are a bit more balanced in a sense.

    While I agree that the direction the game has been taking the last couple of major patches has been overall negative, I dont necessarily blame all the devs at bhvr(though I do use "the devs" as a general term myself) but I'm aware that it's mostly the fault of whoever is in charge of making the decisions in regards to balancing and map design that needs to be the ones who take responsibility for the current state of the game.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1045427#Comment_1045427

    @kate_best_girl

    We used to be able to use DS almost at will (on first down) so all you had to do is make sure you were away from a hook. You didn’t need to have been hooked first and you didn’t have a timer.

    I don’t think it was a buff, it just became more conditional.


    Yeah and it was 100% countered by Unnerving pressence, the stun was 4 seconds down from 5, dribbles, enduring, and only 1 person would usually get any value off it.

  • @Warcrafter4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1045456#Comment_1045456

    I was not disputing your claim.

    I was just pointing out how the 2 things are in fact different and shouldn't be used interchangeably.

    You're arguing on semantics though, which sort of misses the point. Whether he used the correct wording or not, @AsePlayer 's claim is valid and backed up by his reasoning. Arguing on semantics in this case just derails the discussion away from the original point he made and doesn't really contribute anything to the debate

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1047742#Comment_1047742

    You don't achieve longevity and growth by only focussing on new survivors. The pool of new potential players is limited. For growth, the already existing players have to keep playing the game, too.

    You seem to think that they only care about survivors, but you are ignoring the many survivor nerfs. They just recently nerfed Balanced Landing pretty hard, which was quite significant and made life easier when dealing with loops on several maps.

    This focus on new player experience is new altogether. It makes sense to start off with survivor experience since it is four times the population of what is needed at killer. We tend to ignore the massive quality of life change killers have gotten over the past years. Playing killer now is incredibly easier and less frustrating than it was 2 years ago. Unfortunately, this forum has short memories.

    They are talking about trying to rework how match making is done in order to match by skill. Not sure if this will work, but this will do wonders for new killers as they will be less likely to be matched with survivors who drrank just to toy with low rank killers.

    I say it is about time they start focusing on new player retention as it has been a problem. The community has not seen much growth and is growing stale. Getting, and keeping, new players is a must.

  • Killer is getting worst.... didn't know they added 3 pallets in the same loop, deacreased gen, exit gate, vault, hooking, picking up, nerfed doc and freddy. They never nerfed killer, what happened is that more players (survivor) got better at the game. In the past you killed people mainly because of their skill and experience on the game.

    pls search before saying BS like that

  • @ReallyBigShoe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1045297#Comment_1045297

    You repeated yourself again o.O Imagine that. The difference between us is, when I repeat myself, I provide logic, and I'm actually right. When you do it, it's one-liner meaningless statements with no logical backing. You can't just say "it was a lot harder before" and have it invalidate someones statement that it's still a horses ass now. There's no substance to that.

    In any case - all the killers complaining now that have been around since then? Marth? Tyde? Tru3? many others? How do you plan to discredit them? Also, where are these numbers from? Where are your sources? "The majority of them weren't around before". You must have statistical data to make such a claim, right? Cough it up, bud! I'd love to see it! 😎

    Also - I would never stalk you. Don't flatter yourself.

    My god, you are so entitled

  • Careful, he's going to ask for stats to back that up

    @Accullla said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1045468#Comment_1045468

    You're arguing on semantics though, which sort of misses the point. Whether he used the correct wording or not, @AsePlayer 's claim is valid and backed up by his reasoning. Arguing on semantics in this case just derails the discussion away from the original point he made and doesn't really contribute anything to the debate

    At least someone gets it.

  • @Psypho_Diaz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1045285#Comment_1045285

    Wait, the killer was harder to play as or against? I would prefer the latter because they aren't hard anymore.

    They used to be harder to play as and easier to play against.

  • The only problem I do see is, "were" talking about numbers, statistics and comparing stuff... But in fact we can't compare anything... If Devs do speak about which perk is the most used one, it includes console players, pc, switch, Android which is BS, because on console (just a example) people got the doctor dlc for free, so obviously everyone there got self-care for free.... I don't understand, how these "statistics" can be true, If I see (doesn't matter if rank 20 or 10) at least 3 Ds per match, 2 DH per match, and at least 2 BT per match....

    That's in my point of view the real question.

    Why statistics are not based on its platforms?

  • @AsePlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1048826#Comment_1048826

    They used to be harder to play as and easier to play against.

    They need to move towards harder to play against. That would solve the gen rush issue and the face camp issue in one go. Survivors would have to play more stealthy (less arrogantly) and killers would be more confident in leaving the hook...... Just to be sure, increase time on hook.

  • "No disrespect but..." *proceeds to make disrespectful statement*

    Look at this logically. You're saying that you disagree with changes made in a video game that you play. And because of that, people should lose their careers & income that allows them to support themselves & their families.

    And that doesn't seem disrespectful to you?

  • @Skelemania said:

    "No disrespect but..." *proceeds to make disrespectful statement*

    They listen to one side. When a killer complain it usually makes sense. I am just stating facts. I didn't use name calling or vulgar language. If you are making a game with two roles then listen to both sides. Don't just cater to one side then call it balance.

  • Not saying that I'd like any of the devs to get fired, but I would definitely like to see them develop with a little bit more of an idea as to how the game actually feels to play. There are stories abound of people running into 4 man BHVR teams that are only rank 20-13, meanwhile those about rank 1 groups are shockingly low in my experience. The dev that I think needs to get the most experience of all of them is easily Matt Walker as he has no clue how to balance a map (admittedly map design is not just him). I firmly believe that if the maps were balanced just a little bit better we would see some major improvements in gameplay and community outlook on the game.

1 2 ›