No Disrespect but...

I believe that the Devs should get fired for ruining this game. They claim that they are making it balanced but in reality, any changes makes the killer more hard and less enjoyable. It makes survivor more easier to play. If you look at other 4v1 games, they actually listen to both sides and fix some issue. DBD doesn't really listen to both sides as much. I feel like they are slowly running out of ideas and creativity. I will admit that the archive challenges is a good concept because it gives people more things to do and help sided player to be more versatile. Other indie horror games like White Noise 2 or Friday the 13th are a bit more balanced in a sense.

Comments

  • @Reaper_xx said:

    I believe that the Devs should get fired for ruining this game. They claim that they are making it balanced but in reality, any changes makes the killer more hard and less enjoyable. It makes survivor more easier to play. If you look at other 4v1 games, they actually listen to both sides and fix some issue. DBD doesn't really listen to both sides as much. I feel like they are slowly running out of ideas and creativity. I will admit that the archive challenges is a good concept because it gives people more things to do and help sided player to be more versatile. Other indie horror games like White Noise 2 or Friday the 13th are a bit more balanced in a sense.

    Are we forgetting killer used to be way harder than it is now to fit a certain narrative? Ok cool, just making sure.

  • I doubt that this "focus on new survivor players" is an idea from the devs. Sounds more like an instruction given to them by the bosses.

  • @AsePlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/125322/no-disrespect-but

    Are we forgetting killer used to be way harder than it is now to fit a certain narrative? Ok cool, just making sure.

    You tend to post the same thing repeatedly I see.

    Imagine thinking "It was harder before" justifies the difficulty offset vs survivor difficulty that still exists. Killer is the power role. Or rather, is supposed to be.

  • @ReallyBigShoe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1045285#Comment_1045285

    You tend to post the same thing repeatedly I see.

    Imagine thinking "It was harder before" justifies the difficulty offset vs survivor difficulty that still exists. Killer is the power role. Or rather, is supposed to be.

    Same with you on any Hillbilly post fam. It's like you stalk my every move or something.

    It WAS harder before, and a majority of people who complain about killer right now weren't even around for it and think this is the worst it has been.

  • Survivors have had their share of nerfs as well. Insta-heals, DS on demand, and pallets galore being three that immediately come to mind. Is this enough? No, it isn't, but that's my opinion.

    Killers just happen to be getting spit on more often these days. Playing an effective killer these days is not impossible. It can be hard in some games, yes, but there are also games where you just completely run people over.

    Ideas and creativity? Depends what you are looking specifically at. In terms of design, they have a vast amount of creativity. I am looking forward to their map/music/in-house killer designs in the future... definitely some promise there. Now the balance team...

  • @AsePlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1045292#Comment_1045292

    Same with you on any Hillbilly post fam. It's like you stalk my every move or something.

    It WAS harder before, and a majority of people who complain about killer right now weren't even around for it and think this is the worst it has been.

    You repeated yourself again o.O Imagine that. The difference between us is, when I repeat myself, I provide logic, and I'm actually right. When you do it, it's one-liner meaningless statements with no logical backing. You can't just say "it was a lot harder before" and have it invalidate someones statement that it's still a horses ass now. There's no substance to that.

    In any case - all the killers complaining now that have been around since then? Marth? Tyde? Tru3? many others? How do you plan to discredit them? Also, where are these numbers from? Where are your sources? "The majority of them weren't around before". You must have statistical data to make such a claim, right? Cough it up, bud! I'd love to see it! ๐Ÿ˜Ž

    Also - I would never stalk you. Don't flatter yourself.

  • @ReallyBigShoe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1045297#Comment_1045297

    You repeated yourself again o.O Imagine that. The difference between us is, when I repeat myself, I provide logic, and I'm actually right. When you do it, it's one-liner meaningless statements with no logical backing. You can't just say "it was a lot harder before" and have it invalidate someones statement that it's still a horses ass now. There's no substance to that.

    In any case - all the killers complaining now that have been around since then? Marth? Tyde? Tru3? many others? How do you plan to discredit them? Also, where are these numbers from? Where are your sources? "The majority of them weren't around before". You must have statistical data to make such a claim, right? Cough it up, bud! I'd love to see it! ๐Ÿ˜Ž

    Also - I would never stalk you. Don't flatter yourself.

    You're always right? I will need the stats to back that up bud.

    And sure, you can always be right in your head if you try hard enough.

    It would be statistically accurate to say a majority of the people with less than 80 posts complaining on here aren't exactly beta players. Especially when they just say "I believe that the Devs should get fired for ruining this game". Anyone who's been around long enough can actually articulate what they want to say. A majority of these forum posts really show they haven't played long. Same with people who call to nerf Leatherface for some reason because "you can't avoid his chainsaw". You just know they're not veterans to the game.

    Also - sounds like something a stalker would say.

  • @ReallyBigShoe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1045297#Comment_1045297

    You repeated yourself again o.O Imagine that. The difference between us is, when I repeat myself, I provide logic, and I'm actually right. When you do it, it's one-liner meaningless statements with no logical backing. You can't just say "it was a lot harder before" and have it invalidate someones statement that it's still a horses ass now. There's no substance to that.

    In any case - all the killers complaining now that have been around since then? Marth? Tyde? Tru3? many others? How do you plan to discredit them? Also, where are these numbers from? Where are your sources? "The majority of them weren't around before". You must have statistical data to make such a claim, right? Cough it up, bud! I'd love to see it! ๐Ÿ˜Ž

    Also - I would never stalk you. Don't flatter yourself.

    Keep it civil. Debate with facts and be respectful. I don't care what your argument is, @AsePlayer is making you look like a child who calls people names.

    I'm not commenting on either of your points, just asking you both to continue in a logical and civilized debate.

  • @AsePlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1045310#Comment_1045310

    You're always right? I will need the stats to back that up bud.

    And sure, you can always be right in your head if you try hard enough.

    It would be statistically accurate to say a majority of the people with less than 80 posts complaining on here aren't exactly beta players. Especially when they just say "I believe that the Devs should get fired for ruining this game". Anyone who's been around long enough can actually articulate what they want to say. A majority of these forum posts really show they haven't played long. Same with people who call to nerf Leatherface for some reason because "you can't avoid his chainsaw". You just know they're not veterans to the game.

    Also - sounds like something a stalker would say.

    If it would be statistically accurate, then you must have statistical data.

    I also didn't say I was always right. I said I was right about Billy not being OP. Which 95% of the community agrees with me on. THAT I can provide observable data on. AKA every post here talking about Billy nerfs. It's pretty unanimous aside from the same few people that he's not OP.

    So, since you made the bold claim that what you said is "statistically accurate" - either provide the statistics to back it up, or walk away.

    ๐Ÿ˜Ž

  • @AsePlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/125322/no-disrespect-but

    Are we forgetting killer used to be way harder than it is now to fit a certain narrative? Ok cool, just making sure.

    It wasn't harder. It was pretty much unplayable from the game play I've seen...

    Do you really think it's in a fine state now cause it improved from being hot garbage?

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1045310#Comment_1045310

    Keep it civil. Debate with facts and be respectful. I don't care what your argument is, @AsePlayer is making you look like a child who calls people names.

    I'm not commenting on either of your points, just asking you both to continue in a logical and civilized debate.

    I've not called anyone a name.

    I might be sarcastic and facetious, but I'm not insulting anyone.

  • @Sylorknag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1045285#Comment_1045285

    It wasn't harder. It was pretty much unplayable from the game play I've seen...

    Do you really think it's in a fine state now cause it improved from being hot garbage?

    Is it incorrect to say killer QoL and viability has drastically improved since then?

    It's improved and it'll continue to improve.

  • @ReallyBigShoe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1045331#Comment_1045331

    I've not called anyone a name.

    I might be sarcastic and facetious, but I'm not insulting anyone.

    True, I misread one part of your post. However, I must insist that you simply provide factual information and if there is none, cease the pointless arguing. There are things worth fighting over, the current player numbers are not one of them.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1045344#Comment_1045344

    True, I misread one part of your post. However, I must insist that you simply provide factual information and if there is none, cease the pointless arguing. There are things worth fighting over, the current player numbers are not one of them.

    I wasn't the one who made claims. He literally said "statistically accurate" to describe one of his claims, and provided nothing. So I must insist you climb down out of my backside and tell them that. Thanks my dude.

    You guys really need to stop with the SWF thing, honestly. Most SWF are just people having fun with their friends. The amount of super sweaty depip teams is grossly exaggerated.

  • @Divinitye9 said:

    Survivors have had their share of nerfs as well. Insta-heals, DS on demand, and pallets galore being three that immediately come to mind. Is this enough? No, it isn't, but that's my opinion.

    Killers just happen to be getting spit on more often these days. Playing an effective killer these days is not impossible. It can be hard in some games, yes, but there are also games where you just completely run people over.

    Ideas and creativity? Depends what you are looking specifically at. In terms of design, they have a vast amount of creativity. I am looking forward to their map/music/in-house killer designs in the future... definitely some promise there. Now the balance team...

    Yeah it was a nerf but it was a buff in a way. With DS, you can't touch the survivor for 40-60 mins. Killers have to slug. You have to admit the purple add-on is busted in a way.

  • Oh I totally agree, there's still plenty of glaring issues that gotta be addressed.

    The SWF thing will never happen unless they want to kill the playerbase, barely anyone who SWFs are god tier anyways. Most are just looking to have fun with a friend or two.

    However, I do believe they said some stuff about looking into map size which is a good start.

  • @ReallyBigShoe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1045358#Comment_1045358

    I wasn't the one who made claims. He literally said "statistically accurate" to describe one of his claims, and provided nothing. So I must insist you climb down out of my backside and tell them that. Thanks my dude.

    I love it how you have Brutal Strength and it matches with your name

  • @Reaper_xx said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1045363#Comment_1045363

    I love it how you have Brutal Strength and it matches with your name

    That was kind of the idea, yeah.

    It was either that or use the name Christ Almighty with deliverance...but it was taken.

  • @Reaper_xx said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1045363#Comment_1045363

    I love it how you have Brutal Strength and it matches with your name

    @ReallyBigShoe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1045372#Comment_1045372

    That was kind of the idea, yeah.

    It was either that or use the name Christ Almighty with deliverance...but it was taken.

    I just see the username as him wearing clown shoes personally, but to each their own.

  • I could see that. I personally see yours as just a guy hiding in a locker, but yeah, to each their own.

    Anyway, on to the topic at hand - do we have that statistical data yet? If something is statistically accurate, it must have statistical data. Otherwise...how is it statistically accurate?

  • @AsePlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1045359#Comment_1045359

    Oh I totally agree, there's still plenty of glaring issues that gotta be addressed.

    The SWF thing will never happen unless they want to kill the playerbase, barely anyone who SWFs are god tier anyways. Most are just looking to have fun with a friend or two.

    However, I do believe they said some stuff about looking into map size which is a good start.

    On PS4, red ranks are full with SWF, I think 7/10 matches I play are against a sweaty SWF. Is exhausting.

  • I have over 1k hours on Friday the 13th, and I think that game is way easier than DBD.

    You can actually fight back for one. You don't have to deal with being bloodlusted, and can effectively use structures to protect you.

  • @ReallyBigShoe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1045376#Comment_1045376

    I could see that. I personally see yours as just a guy hiding in a locker, but yeah, to each their own.

    Anyway, on to the topic at hand - do we have that statistical data yet? If something is statistically accurate, it must have statistical data. Otherwise...how is it statistically accurate?

    I was statistically accurate, as I never said I was only talking about Steam. The Switch release literally got new players because it was a new release on there, so player count went up. If we're talking Steam, then sure, player count is pretty consistent right now.

  • @AsePlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1045381#Comment_1045381

    I was statistically accurate, as I never said I was only talking about Steam. The Switch release literally got new players because it was a new release on there, so player count went up. If we're talking Steam, then sure, player count is pretty consistent right now.

    Okay, statistically accurate. Where's the statistics to legitimize said statistical accuracy? Stats on something have to exist for it to be statistically accurate. I just wanna see the data, my dude! :)

  • @AsePlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/125322/no-disrespect-but

    Are we forgetting killer used to be way harder than it is now to fit a certain narrative? Ok cool, just making sure.

    Dude just because something WAS bad doesn't mean it still isn't absolute garbage

  • @Divinitye9 said:

    Survivors have had their share of nerfs as well. Insta-heals, DS on demand, and pallets galore being three that immediately come to mind. Is this enough? No, it isn't, but that's my opinion.

    Killers just happen to be getting spit on more often these days. Playing an effective killer these days is not impossible. It can be hard in some games, yes, but there are also games where you just completely run people over.

    Ideas and creativity? Depends what you are looking specifically at. In terms of design, they have a vast amount of creativity. I am looking forward to their map/music/in-house killer designs in the future... definitely some promise there. Now the balance team...

    The DS rework was a HUUUUUUGE buff to it not a nerf. Insta heals are still just as bad except now its a styptic instead of syringe thats causing problems. Pallets galore is still prominent on maps like Ormond where every tile has a super powerful pallet while yes its not double pallets, they replaced one tile being super powerful to transforming it into two insanely powerful tiles

  • @ReallyBigShoe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1045408#Comment_1045408

    Okay, statistically accurate. Where's the statistics to legitimize said statistical accuracy? Stats on something have to exist for it to be statistically accurate. I just wanna see the data, my dude! :)

    I would love to see those stats too, but nintendo doesn't really provide those. We could probably dig around every DBD Switch video uploaded on YouTube and count the amount of usernames that show up to get a bare minimum, but it's fair to say more than a few people bought the Switch version and increased the player count. If it flopped, we'd see a lot of posts about dead queues in there.

  • @AsePlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1045292#Comment_1045292

    Same with you on any Hillbilly post fam. It's like you stalk my every move or something.

    It WAS harder before, and a majority of people who complain about killer right now weren't even around for it and think this is the worst it has been.

    Before? Lol.. All you need as a Killer back then is a Ebony Mori.. And in fact you don't even need to hook someone just to use Mori.. While agree it was Harder to play Killer because it doesn't block the vaults like nowadays, The Original Mori was the band-aid for all of that..

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1045285#Comment_1045285

    Dude just because something WAS bad doesn't mean it still isn't absolute garbage

    It isn't absolute garbage. The game has come a long way and of course still has a long way to go, but I wouldn't call it absolute garbage. Doesn't accurately describe it imo.

  • @AsePlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1045414#Comment_1045414

    I would love to see those stats too, but nintendo doesn't really provide those. We could probably dig around every DBD Switch video uploaded on YouTube and count the amount of usernames that show up to get a bare minimum, but it's fair to say more than a few people bought the Switch version and increased the player count. If it flopped, we'd see a lot of posts about dead queues in there.

    Wait a second! You don't have the statistical data? You don't know it? You've never seen it?

    Then...how...can your claim be..."statistically accurate"?

    :O

    The world is a lie. I'll just assume "statistically" wasn't what you meant to say.

  • @DragonOfPain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1045297#Comment_1045297

    Before? Lol.. All you need as a Killer back then is a Ebony Mori.. And in fact you don't even need to hook someone just to use Mori.. While agree it was Harder to play Killer because it doesn't block the vaults like nowadays, The Original Mori was the band-aid for all of that..

    Original Mori meant nothing if good Survivors could never get hit or entity blocked lol

  • @AsePlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1045418#Comment_1045418

    It isn't absolute garbage. The game has come a long way and of course still has a long way to go, but I wouldn't call it absolute garbage. Doesn't accurately describe it imo.

    One thing that back then was better was for some reason gens weren't rushed as much but now that all everyone does is rush gens its insanely annoying to just wanna play a nice game of killer but since a chase lasts more than 10 seconds all the gens pop and the exit gates are powered

  • @ReallyBigShoe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1045430#Comment_1045430

    Wait a second! You don't have the statistical data? You don't know it? You've never seen it?

    Then...how...can your claim be..."statistically accurate"?

    :O

    The world is a lie. I'll just assume "statistically" wasn't what you meant to say.

    Would you prefer I use the term "educated guess"? Everyone knows what I was trying to say, you're just nitpicking me for some reason.

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1045436#Comment_1045436

    One thing that back then was better was for some reason gens weren't rushed as much but now that all everyone does is rush gens its insanely annoying to just wanna play a nice game of killer but since a chase lasts more than 10 seconds all the gens pop and the exit gates are powered

    I don't know what to tell ya.

    Game is garbage because it's difficult on some maps with some killers?

  • @AsePlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1045438#Comment_1045438

    Would you prefer I use the term "educated guess"? Everyone knows what I was trying to say, you're just nitpicking me for some reason.

    No he is correct as an educated guess and claiming something as being "_____correct" are 2 completely different things.

    The first is an opinion while the second is claiming something is a fact.

  • @AsePlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1045438#Comment_1045438

    Would you prefer I use the term "educated guess"? Everyone knows what I was trying to say, you're just nitpicking me for some reason.

    Actually, yeah. I would prefer that; and believe me, I got what you were trying to say. I was just making a point. I was asked to provide data earlier. I asked in kind.

  • @Warcrafter4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1045447#Comment_1045447

    No he is correct as an educated guess and claiming something as being "_____correct" are 2 completely different things.

    The first is an opinion while the second is claiming something is a fact.

    Ok I guess the Switch has 0 players then and player population didn't get affected at all. I would think it's pretty obvious a release on a new console increased the player base. It's literally something you don't even need to check. It happened.

  • @ReallyBigShoe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1045447#Comment_1045447

    Actually, yeah. I would prefer that; and believe me, I got what you were trying to say. I was just making a point. I was asked to provide data earlier. I asked in kind.

    If you say so

  • @AsePlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1045442#Comment_1045442

    I don't know what to tell ya.

    Game is garbage because it's difficult on some maps with some killers?

    A game is garbage if you need to specifically play only 2 killers to have a good shot at winning meanwhile one team is so heavily favored that 90% of the maps and mechanics favor them leaving the 'powerhouse' role forced into losing constantly

  • @AsePlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1045432#Comment_1045432

    Original Mori meant nothing if good Survivors could never get hit or entity blocked lol

    Oh but with the Original Mori, I could get 4K always.. It doesn't matter back then since everyone was still starting the game.. If the Original Mori was still around, trust me, The Kill rate will be 100% all the time..

  • @AsePlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1045453#Comment_1045453

    Ok I guess the Switch has 0 players then and player population didn't get affected at all. I would think it's pretty obvious a release on a new console increased the player base. It's literally something you don't even need to check. It happened.

    There's at least 15 players on the Switch. I've played with all of them, but I only play the switch version while I'm pooping. So there's a chance their poops happen at the same times as my poops.

  • @AsePlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1045453#Comment_1045453

    Ok I guess the Switch has 0 players then and player population didn't get affected at all. I would think it's pretty obvious a release on a new console increased the player base. It's literally something you don't even need to check. It happened.

    I was not disputing your claim.

    I was just pointing out how the 2 things are in fact different and shouldn't be used interchangeably.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @DeadGavin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1045292#Comment_1045292

    This is a multiplayer vs game. The power role is to whichever side is better. If you have good survivors and a bad killer then the survivors should win. If you are in a scenario where you are always getting destroyed on killer then maybe you don't deserve to win much due to YOUR lack of skill. In 2016 killer was WAY less enjoyable so maybe don't say they are making killer harder. Don't blame the devs for you not being good at the game. Their idea of balance is 2 escape/2 death average, so if you are having 2+ escape a lot then it is just because you are not too great at the game.

    That would be true - in a game with equal teams and equal objectives.

    This is an ASYMMETRICAL multiplayer game. The power role is the team of one. That is the basis for all asymmetrical games.

  • @DeadGavin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1045292#Comment_1045292

    This is a multiplayer vs game. The power role is to whichever side is better. If you have good survivors and a bad killer then the survivors should win. If you are in a scenario where you are always getting destroyed on killer then maybe you don't deserve to win much due to YOUR lack of skill. In 2016 killer was WAY less enjoyable so maybe don't say they are making killer harder. Don't blame the devs for you not being good at the game. Their idea of balance is 2 escape/2 death average, so if you are having 2+ escape a lot then it is just because you are not too great at the game.

    It's also an asymmetric game with one killer and four survivors. Most killers (characters) are garbage in this game. We still have killers that are completely useless (Bubba, Clown, Legion). Gen speed and most maps are still an issue. Bug fixes aren't often enough (meanwhile Last Year gets fixes every week).

  • @DragonOfPain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1045441#Comment_1045441

    Oh but with the Original Mori, I could get 4K always.. It doesn't matter back then since everyone was still starting the game.. If the Original Mori was still around, trust me, The Kill rate will be 100% all the time..

    I mean, considering how survivors have been significantly nerfed since then, that's accurate. Don't know why you're telling me that though.

    Back then, vacuums, no bloodlust, sheer number of pallets and never closing windows could let someone loop you for the whole game if they were good enough so no, you probably didn't 4k every game.

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1045450#Comment_1045450

    A game is garbage if you need to specifically play only 2 killers to have a good shot at winning meanwhile one team is so heavily favored that 90% of the maps and mechanics favor them leaving the 'powerhouse' role forced into losing constantly

    You're being a little over dramatic there, don't cha think?

  • If you think F13 is anywhere near balanced, you're deluded man. That game is a train wreck

  • @Warcrafter4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1045456#Comment_1045456

    I was not disputing your claim.

    I was just pointing out how the 2 things are in fact different and shouldn't be used interchangeably.

    Fair enough

  • @FrenziedRoach said:

    If you think F13 is anywhere near balanced, you're deluded man. That game is a train wreck

    Apparently anything that isn't DBD is better than DBD, just cuz.

โ€น 1 2