Guys i'm testing out games with no ruin and i gotta say man this game is gonna die soon

ok i'm not a noob who started the game yesterday i have a lot of hours, and i know what i'm talking about, it was a really bad time to rework our strongest perk why? because maps are still too big and some loops still too strong, you have no time to kill survivors, or even hooking everyone if you are against a decent team, you either slug,tunnel or camp to get kills.. i repeat against decent team without tryharding.. the thing is that playing killer is getting stressful, now more than ever, ds locker and unbreakable combo are more frustrating to play against, dh for distance is also, but who cares about killer fun? at least rework ruin when maps or gen speed are balanced

EDIT: by saying this i don't mean i can't 4 k or always 0 k.. i mean when i find optimal teams, that know how to keep the killer busy spilt up and doing gens, no matter if i slug or end the chases fast, you're mostly gonna lose, been playing billy no add ons and no spirit fury and huntress , know how to play them decently. Rank means #########

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • been playing rank 1 without ruin for forever, wanna know the outcome?

    still 4k, its rlly not that hard

  • This content has been removed.
  • @Mew said:

    been playing rank 1 without ruin for forever, wanna know the outcome?

    still 4k, its rlly not that hard

    What a god... Do you have the same sinergy with Hag and Huntress without Ruin/Corrupt Intervention?

  • @lunaticlifter said:

    ok i'm not a noob who started the game yesterday i have a lot of hours, and i know what i'm talking about, it was a really bad time to rework our strongest perk why? because maps are still too big and some loops still too strong, you have no time to kill survivors, or even hooking everyone if you are against a decent team, you either slug,tunnel or camp to get kills.. i repeat against decent team without tryharding.. the thing is that playing killer is getting stressful, now more than ever, ds locker and unbreakable combo are more frustrating to play against, dh for distance is also, but who cares about killer fun? at least rework ruin when maps or gen speed are balanced

    I've been using Ruin on my Wraith and it is usually found in the first 30 seconds. It ends up making me want to tunnel since it's hard to catch people without really good add-ons. I'm going to stop using it completely and experiment with other perks.

    God help people that bring in toolboxes or keys. If I see you bring it in, then I will act under the assumption that you want to speed up the game. I will happily oblige and let you die as fast as possible.

  • @Mew said:

    been playing rank 1 without ruin for forever, wanna know the outcome?

    still 4k, its rlly not that hard

    Hey, fellow red rank killer, I consistently get 4k without ruin with the same killer all the time too!

    Sometimes I think, why are there other killers.

  • Just pressure gens and break the pallet

  • its gonna be hard to get rid of ruin.

    ive dont it a while back and it took me months of playtime to get used to these gen speeds - i also tried many perks to achieve similar effects to ruin.

    i stuck with sloppy butcher for a long time, however since the "dont heal, get this freackin engine done asap" meta was discovered i switched to pop.

    its gonna be a lot harder for you though.

  • @Mew said:

    been playing rank 1 without ruin for forever, wanna know the outcome?

    still 4k, its rlly not that hard

    @avilmask said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/985527#Comment_985527

    Hey, fellow red rank killer, I consistently get 4k without ruin with the same killer all the time too!

    Sometimes I think, why are there other killers.

    What killer are you using?

    Do you 4K even against good swf teams?

    every map?

    care to share a link to your streams?

  • It's not overly hard. Just whenever someone states how and why instead of being happy they got tips people usually want like 20 games in a row of you 4king and then get mad or insulting when you don't want to because thats a reasonable request. Seriously though without ruin this game will either have killers running incredibly brutal builds and unfun tactics or die off quickly. People say that the game was played with ruin, but then also the game has developed significantly since then too.

  • @Mew said:

    been playing rank 1 without ruin for forever, wanna know the outcome?

    still 4k, its rlly not that hard

    That doesn't really mean anything given the variables you could be getting easy survivors compared to other killers or you could be a complete tryhard maybe both

  • Yeah imagine players never used Ruin and still had good games. Just dont imagine things like "ruin is needed".

  • 2020 could be the end. I could see it. RIP.

  • How is making killers play even more sweaty good for new players? That's why this ruin nerf makes no sense they try and fix a issue with player retention but causing killers to drop all sense of being fun will drive away new players.

  • We will see soon I guess. One thing to keep in mind is that with the new rank resets the game is going to become much, much easier for red rank killers.

  • I don't use Ruin on Clown and I frequently tend to get 3-4ks.

  • I mean with current matchmaking you could be a rank 2 killer and get rank 8-20 survivors who aren't that good.

  • @Colton147 said:

    I don't use Ruin on Clown and I frequently tend to get 3-4ks.

    Given matchmaking not exactly shocking

  • @AshleyWB said:

    I mean with current matchmaking you could be a rank 2 killer and get rank 8-20 survivors who aren't that good.

    with the new ranking systems you could all be rank 1 and all play like rank 12's

  • Rank 1 survivors mainly.


    You need to know how to play Clown. 😎

  • @Colton147 said:

    Rank 1 survivors mainly.

    You need to know how to play Clown. 😎

    Step 1: throw a bottle at the ground. Step 2: attempt to hit the survivor before they reach a pallet/window. Repeat indefinitely

  • I throw it at the window/pallet to confuse them. 😋


    Block off the escapes.

  • @Mew said:

    been playing rank 1 without ruin for forever, wanna know the outcome?

    still 4k, its rlly not that hard

    im rank 1 too

    it can be completely down to what map you get and the rng tiles

  • @Mew said:

    been playing rank 1 without ruin for forever, wanna know the outcome?

    still 4k, its rlly not that hard

    Easy to Say but how you Show us how you get a 4k in every Game

  • @WhattheHeck said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/985527#Comment_985527

    Easy to Say but how you Show us how you get a 4k in every Game

    He never said he gets a 4K every game.

  • Corrupt Intervention Hillbilly or Tru3 Wraith in most trials, that's what ruin rework will acomplish.

    I don't even like ruin, teaches killers to play sloppy and survivors to hit greats. Doesn't help against good survivors (when killer actually needs help). Its used in 80% of games for a reason though.

    Its bad, but best we have.

  • Then is his Comment a Joke. I can Play 100 Games and can say after this. I can get a 4k without Ruin.

  • @Nobsyde said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/985527#Comment_985527

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/985544#Comment_985544

    What killer are you using?

    Do you 4K even against good swf teams?

    every map?

    care to share a link to your streams?

    Where'd they go?

  • I try Different Things now too. Slow the Healing. Or Slug. I Mean the Ruin Nerf is Ok but for a Hex Perk to weak

  • @WhattheHeck said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/985762#Comment_985762

    Then is his Comment a Joke. I can Play 100 Games and can say after this. I can get a 4k without Ruin.

    If either of you 4ked every game then wouldn’t that make killers op?

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/985769#Comment_985769

    If either of you 4ked every game then wouldn’t that make killers op?

    Sure i Play Nurse

  • I'm done with this game. Uninstalling it now. ######### the survivor biased BS. I think killers are going to be far and few between soon and BHVR deserves just that. They deserve for their game to die for being so arrogant and ignorant with the overall community. Shame.

  • I slug with nurse, using Infectious Fright + Knoch Out + Nurse's calling + thanatophobia


    Put pressure on gens, and that's what i do..... 90% of the time people DC xD

  • @12powak said:

    I slug with nurse, using Infectious Fright + Knoch Out + Nurse's calling + thanatophobia

    Put pressure on gens, and that's what i do..... 90% of the time people DC xD

    Nurse is one of the few killers who can easily pressure gens. One of the few who new Ruin will actually work well with, because new Ruin helps killers who can get survivors off gens. In other words, the killers who didn't need Ruin in the first place.

    It's the killers who have trouble pressuring gens who use old Ruin, and new Ruin is useless on them because the whole reason they use it is that they have poor map pressure and struggle to get survivors off gens.

  • So ruin is getting nerfed because potatoes and bhvr's rank changes will destroy new players. Also A friend sent me this....https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/emdlp8/why_is_ruin_getting_nerfed/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

  • @sorrowen said:

    So ruin is getting nerfed because potatoes and bhvr's rank changes will destroy new players. Also A friend sent me this....https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/emdlp8/why_is_ruin_getting_nerfed/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

    just look, everyone surfing with urban evasion + toolbox + addons and anyone finding hex ruin?? and more... nobody practices for the skill checks?

  • So, for all those that are aware, there is a very exclusive (and suddenly vocal) club of killers who claim they are capable of performing well in their games without ruin. This is, for the most part, likely true. A combination of factors must be taken into account though:

    • Absurd amount of hours into the game.
    • Using the most optimal (if dickish) of plays at all times, regardless of the situaion. Camping out a low hp kill, slugging, light tunneling, etc.
    • Usage of top tier killers (if not, the amount of the above plays increases).

    Now, even if what they say is true, here's something I will confess: THESE GAMES ARE NOT ALWAYS A GG EZ 4K. You will be beaten some games just due to generator speeds depending on the survivors, and the killer you are using heavily impacts this. If you play fairly as killer without ruin, your games are about to get unbearably stressful and annoying. If you play like a merciless animal, then your games might see little to no difference post ruin change. Hell, there will even be games where you outplay the survivors at every turn, with fast chases (25 - 30 seconds or less) and it still doesn't matter. The rate at which generators are done completely eclipses most of your actual ability to outplay the survivors without resorting to the aforementioned tactics listed above.

    All in all, it is possible and doable to win games without ruin (whatever you consider a win in this game), but it is very stressful and definitely not something just anyone can do. I haven't used ruin in months now, and my games aren't always super easy 4k experiences. You will not win every game, it is not possible, as there are too many variables to consider (survivor skill, toolboxes, SWF, etc).

  • @12powak said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/985875#Comment_985875

    just look, everyone surfing with urban evasion + toolbox + addons and anyone finding hex ruin?? and more... nobody practices for the skill checks?

    Skill checks are op clearly as Mathieu can't hit one for anything and complains about it.

  • @lunaticlifter said:

    ok i'm not a noob who started the game yesterday i have a lot of hours, and i know what i'm talking about, it was a really bad time to rework our strongest perk why? because maps are still too big and some loops still too strong, you have no time to kill survivors, or even hooking everyone if you are against a decent team, you either slug,tunnel or camp to get kills.. i repeat against decent team without tryharding.. the thing is that playing killer is getting stressful, now more than ever, ds locker and unbreakable combo are more frustrating to play against, dh for distance is also, but who cares about killer fun? at least rework ruin when maps or gen speed are balanced

    Have you considered that in those games you lost you were merely outplayed? Or is it always the games fault you went up against 4 good survivors and didn't still get to 4k because of the sheer fact you picked 'killer'?

  • @Feyd yes, sometimes even playing good ending chases fast are not enough, sometimes i get outplayed sometimes i don't against good teams it doesn't really matter tho

  • @BadMrFrosty said:

    So, for all those that are aware, there is a very exclusive (and suddenly vocal) club of killers who claim they are capable of performing well in their games without ruin. This is, for the most part, likely true. A combination of factors must be taken into account though:

    • Absurd amount of hours into the game.
    • Using the most optimal (if dickish) of plays at all times, regardless of the situaion. Camping out a low hp kill, slugging, light tunneling, etc.
    • Usage of top tier killers (if not, the amount of the above plays increases).

    Now, even if what they say is true, here's something I will confess: THESE GAMES ARE NOT ALWAYS A GG EZ 4K. You will be beaten some games just due to generator speeds depending on the survivors, and the killer you are using heavily impacts this. If you play fairly as killer without ruin, your games are about to get unbearably stressful and annoying. If you play like a merciless animal, then your games might see little to no difference post ruin change. Hell, there will even be games where you outplay the survivors at every turn, with fast chases (25 - 30 seconds or less) and it still doesn't matter. The rate at which generators are done completely eclipses most of your actual ability to outplay the survivors without resorting to the aforementioned tactics listed above.

    All in all, it is possible and doable to win games without ruin (whatever you consider a win in this game), but it is very stressful and definitely not something just anyone can do. I haven't used ruin in months now, and my games aren't always super easy 4k experiences. You will not win every game, it is not possible, as there are too many variables to consider (survivor skill, toolboxes, SWF, etc).

    I know this will be hard for some killer mains to hear... But you aren't intended to win every game. The intent is 2k/2 escape as the most common result. If you got more kills than that, you were better. If you get less, they played better. On average, you should kill as many people as those that get away. The stats (that didn't even show any games with DCs) show this number is far slanted in killer's favor. Hopefully this nerf balances the game out more.

  • @UwUMyersUwU man not trying to be means, those are not skills , it's just survivors being potatoes..otz is a great guy and i love him but zubat, umbra , ayrun are much better.., same is for me i4 k most of the time because of potates, but when you get those good teams, you think, hey ######### why am i playing this unbalanced games?

  • @sorrowen said:

    So ruin is getting nerfed because potatoes and bhvr's rank changes will destroy new players. Also A friend sent me this....https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/emdlp8/why_is_ruin_getting_nerfed/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

    Okay. It would've been better if he took a break for a week and play led something else instead of screwing over 80% of the red ranks.

  • @BadMrFrosty said:

    So, for all those that are aware, there is a very exclusive (and suddenly vocal) club of killers who claim they are capable of performing well in their games without ruin. This is, for the most part, likely true. A combination of factors must be taken into account though:

    • Absurd amount of hours into the game.
    • Using the most optimal (if dickish) of plays at all times, regardless of the situaion. Camping out a low hp kill, slugging, light tunneling, etc.
    • Usage of top tier killers (if not, the amount of the above plays increases).

    Now, even if what they say is true, here's something I will confess: THESE GAMES ARE NOT ALWAYS A GG EZ 4K. You will be beaten some games just due to generator speeds depending on the survivors, and the killer you are using heavily impacts this. If you play fairly as killer without ruin, your games are about to get unbearably stressful and annoying. If you play like a merciless animal, then your games might see little to no difference post ruin change. Hell, there will even be games where you outplay the survivors at every turn, with fast chases (25 - 30 seconds or less) and it still doesn't matter. The rate at which generators are done completely eclipses most of your actual ability to outplay the survivors without resorting to the aforementioned tactics listed above.

    All in all, it is possible and doable to win games without ruin (whatever you consider a win in this game), but it is very stressful and definitely not something just anyone can do. I haven't used ruin in months now, and my games aren't always super easy 4k experiences. You will not win every game, it is not possible, as there are too many variables to consider (survivor skill, toolboxes, SWF, etc).

    We know we can win without ruin, because it can get cleansed in 30 seconds. I've even had 4k's with only two perks, because I was also running noed and I didn't even reach the endgame; sometimes I had to sweat and play like an animal, sometimes survivors weren't that good, sometimes I just got kinda lucky and they all stepped on my traps around the basement.

    I will form a new club which will be the two-perk club, if I can win with only two perks so can you. Our goal will be maining clown without any perks and add ons to prove we just need to git gud.

  • I don't know, if that many killers would really stop playing the game just because of a nerf to Ruin, I feel like that would be a bit ridiculous. I do agree that the nerf is probably not the best idea with the amount of unbalanced maps still in the game, but I don't think it's that bad either. I feel like it's still a strong perk.

  • @lunaticlifter said:

    @UwUMyersUwU man not trying to be means, those are not skills , it's just survivors being potatoes..otz is a great guy and i love him but zubat, umbra , ayrun are much better.., same is for me i4 k most of the time because of potates, but when you get those good teams, you think, hey ######### why am i playing this unbalanced games?

    Oh #########. You don't 4k every game? What an unbalanced ######### game. I hope they'll soon take the survivors their ability to move away!

  • @Xerge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/985875#Comment_985875

    Okay. It would've been better if he took a break for a week and play led something else instead of screwing over 80% of the red ranks.

    Ruin was clearly op lol

  • @AvisDeene said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/119420/guys-im-testing-out-games-with-no-ruin-and-i-gotta-say-man-this-game-is-gonna-die-soon

    I've been using Ruin on my Wraith and it is usually found in the first 30 seconds. It ends up making me want to tunnel since it's hard to catch people without really good add-ons. I'm going to stop using it completely and experiment with other perks.

    God help people that bring in toolboxes or keys. If I see you bring it in, then I will act under the assumption that you want to speed up the game. I will happily oblige and let you die as fast as possible.

    Wow sound like you got issues...

  • No, I am just obliging people who want a fast match. Toolboxes and Keys are specifically there for survivors to speed up the match, I'll do my part to help them by 3 hooking them as fast as possible.

    Unless it's obvious they're potatoes, which I have to watch out for since matchmaking is terrible.

  • @DanteMorello that's not what i'm saying.. what i'm saying is that i 4k because survivors are pepega doing gens does not take skill, now without ruin even those pepega survivors can ######### you up just because the game is unbalanced, and then if you meet a good team in a bad map it's just gg.. you are so biased

  • @AvisDeene said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/119420/guys-im-testing-out-games-with-no-ruin-and-i-gotta-say-man-this-game-is-gonna-die-soon

    I've been using Ruin on my Wraith and it is usually found in the first 30 seconds. It ends up making me want to tunnel since it's hard to catch people without really good add-ons. I'm going to stop using it completely and experiment with other perks.

    God help people that bring in toolboxes or keys. If I see you bring it in, then I will act under the assumption that you want to speed up the game. I will happily oblige and let you die as fast as possible.

    So bringing in a toolbox or key for a daily or a challenge cough cough rift. Your going to tunnel. This is why I burn wraiths. Ggs

‹ 1 2