Do you feel like the game is slowly dying?

I feel like the devs don't know what they're doing and they are running out of ideas. I think the company should hire new devs that actually plays the game from both sides of killer and survivors.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Yep. Oni is just a nerfed Billy and all nerf screw even more the console players like the nurse nerf.

  • More like they are stepping on it's neck

  • yesterday I would have say "absolutely not"

    Today is a total yes.

    Started to look for a new game,already.

    If someone has some advices, they're welcome.

  • @kurgan8282 said:

    yesterday I would have say "absolutely not"

    Today is a total yes.

    Started to look for a new game,already.

    If someone has some advices, they're welcome.

    Quake Champions is the best multiplayer game, but I doubt you'll like it if you aren't into arena shooters. Also keep in mind that the game isn't noob friendly at all; you'll get stomped by veterans until you get better and the devs will not balance around your frustration.

  • No because it isn't.

    End of story.

  • @Xerge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/972904#Comment_972904

    Quake Champions is the best multiplayer game, but I doubt you'll like it if you aren't into arena shooters. Also keep in mind that the game isn't noob friendly at all; you'll get stomped by veterans until you get better and the devs will not balance around your frustration.

    was hoping more of another survival like dbd, I've always been a mess with shooters!

  • @kurgan8282 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/972912#Comment_972912

    was hoping more of another survival like dbd, I've always been a mess with shooters!

    Well Resident Evil Resistance is coming soon, and its sounds like its similar to DBD

  • Yes. The devs don't understand one basic concept; communication. So much of the frustration about changes come from the fact that they keep everything secret and then spring random unnecessary changes that nobody needed or wanted on the community. They're killing the game because they don't know how to run a business.

  • @Exxodus21 said:

    Yes. The devs don't understand one basic concept; communication. So much of the frustration about changes come from the fact that they keep everything secret and then spring random unnecessary changes that nobody needed or wanted on the community. They're killing the game because they don't know how to run a business.

    I have noticed that. Some perk changes wasn't necessary and the maps are busted. They say they listen but i feel like money talks in this case.

  • @DaGreenBolt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/972926#Comment_972926

    Well Resident Evil Resistance is coming soon, and its sounds like its similar to DBD

    I am excited for it! The good thing about RER is a bit complex and each character has their own mechanics and not copy from one another vs DBD where we sit on gens and run in circles and each characters can have the same perks.

  • I don't think its "Slowly Dying", I think the devs are actively attempting to kill it. According to their stats and reason for changing ruin, they just alienated 80% of the red rank killer players, and 45% of the rest. Its no wonder there's been such an outcry over it because you can't have this game work without people willing to play as killers, and if you take away one of the few tools they had that gave them a chance at fun in all ranks of the game, you're basically making a move to decrease your player base by almost half. Only an absolute idiot would make that call if they wanted the game to keep thriving! Being that behavior have made some bad calls in the past but were quick to correct them, this just feels like they're doing it on purpose because they WANT this game to die. I could normally forgive this, but they completely ignored the real reason killers used ruin in the first place:

    At Red ranks, even a team of solo survivors are better at coordinating their attack on objectives, have all of the tools, skills and knowledge of maps to be more optimal at looping/routing while completing said objectives, and can easily get 3 generators done in the first 100 seconds of a match before the first survivor gets hooked. Ruin slowed down that speed, gave survivors an alternative objective in order to get the gen speed back to normal, and provided killers enough time to build up some momentum. It isn't so much that killers actually "WANTED" to use Ruin at those ranks, It's that they felt they "HAD TO" in order to compete.

  • @kurgan8282 said:

    yesterday I would have say "absolutely not"

    Today is a total yes.

    Started to look for a new game,already.

    If someone has some advices, they're welcome.

    last year has been rebooted on steam, with new #########, and the devs are very grateful of their small community and are quick to fix bugs. Thats where i went atleast...

  • @kurgan8282 said:

    yesterday I would have say "absolutely not"

    Today is a total yes.

    Started to look for a new game,already.

    If someone has some advices, they're welcome.

    Just play some CIV

  • It depends on what the devs do from now on.

    I can already tell you that their reputation has been quite damaged just by announcing the Ruin changes.

    We'll have to see if all this backlash serves as a wake up call for the devs. Honestly, I'm not optimistic.

  • @Reaper_xx said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/972935#Comment_972935

    I am excited for it! The good thing about RER is a bit complex and each character has their own mechanics and not copy from one another vs DBD where we sit on gens and run in circles and each characters can have the same perks.

    Yep same, I'm excited for it as well.

    I'm hoping its a competition that would finally force the Devs to actually try for once and balance the game and core issues.

  • Not long ago, I felt it was slowly working itself towards a slanted death.

    Now... now it's in a suicide nosedive. Can't have a match without a killer. Will die faster than gens popping in a sweaty 4-man SWF.

  • @kurgan8282 said:

    yesterday I would have say "absolutely not"

    Today is a total yes.

    Started to look for a new game,already.

    If someone has some advices, they're welcome.

    Last Year looks good. Puppers and Monto already play, wouldn't shock me to see the rest of the streamers start to switch over. I feel like Noob3's heart isn't in DBD anymore, just need him, Tru3, OTZ, and Zubat to bring their entire fanbase over and we might have a damned good game. If I was the Last Year devs, I'd be licking my chops and doing everything in my power to appeal to the pissed off DBD crowd.

  • thanks for advices and I agree with most of the comments, I feel like they are trying to give more importance to new players (who will start to play a totally unbalanced game?) instead than listening veterans.

    Yesterday I tried some games as a killer (I'm rank 9 as killer and 2 as surv) without ruind, trying various alternative perks to slow down survs.

    Every game, like I thought, that I ran with pre made teak ended up real quick with gen rushing tactics.

  • The queue times get longer and longer for survivors and the SWFs just can't figure out why that is!

  • The game was slowly dying, but now the dev's are just holding it's head under the water laughing as it screams and kicks, all while survivors cheer it on from behind them.

    Matchmaking is screwed and they are just going to hide how screwed it is rather than fix it.

    Sanctum proves the map designers have less design talent than CertainlyT from Lol.

    The balance team probably eats paste and is fed a constant stream of survivor complaints.

    The mods state they play the game but then say that Hex's make it to late game in red ranks.(Which is arguably one of the dumbest ######### statements I've seen, Hex: Haunted Grounds dosen't make it to end game.)

    They refuse to adress actual issues and instead slap bandaid's on it only to rip them off and stab the wound then acting like they are fixing it.

  • I don't want to be petty but did any of you see devs play their own game? They're not good. I don't think they know the mechanics of their own game. Sometimes I feel like they bought the game from someone else and just don't know how to properly develop it so they just sugarcoat it with adding or removing things and adding skins.

    The patch notes about Ruin and Doc changes is so biased it's disgusting. It's not a co-op vs ai kind of game. Game can be frustrating to play for both sides. But taking the irritation into account when balancing the game is a big mistake in my opinion. Frustration comes from long time spent trying to achieve an ideal that you set up for yourself. Just because one or hundred survivors can't hit GREAT (hex) skill check doesn't mean Ruin is overpowered. It means they're trying to be perfect and are not happy about being unable to achieve that.

    You should base your balance changes decisions in what you, as the creator of the game, think would be the best to suit the initial idea of it. Consider player's suggestions, yes, but don't let them take charge.

    To answer the OP's question, yes. I feel like we're close the the doom of DBD. Because if we forget for a minute about the Ruin, there's whole lot of things to fix. Sound, bugged animations (grabbing, dead hard, etc.) and match making. Do you remember when, as a survivor, you could save your teammates from killer's grasp by blinding or stunning them at any time? Do you remember when they said there can't be two pallets next to each other? It's been brought back for a while. Do you remember when they gave us Mettle of Man, so you basically had 4 chances to screw up a chase? Yeah: initial hit, Dead Hard, MoM, Adrenaline/BT.

    BHVR, your survivor main is showing.

  • No, they know what they're doing. Survivor mains are the majority of this game.Ruin - "Its punishment of new players or those who can't hit Great Skill Checks" (lol). - they are trying to appeal to new players. New players are most likely to buy cosmetics and dlc before uninstalling the game, after realising how broken it is. So it makes sense for them to have a continuous flow of new people, rather then keeping their older player base.

  • No. All these people whining and throwing tantrums on this forum show people are still passionate about the game. They all say they’re leaving and boo boo, but they won’t. Simple fact is this is only game out right now of it’s kind, so angry as it makes people, they’ll still play it. The steam charts show game is actually growing last few months.


    The games changing to incorporate all the new players.

  • @ppo8820 said:

    No. All these people whining and throwing tantrums on this forum show people are still passionate about the game. They all say they’re leaving and boo boo, but they won’t. Simple fact is this is only game out right now of it’s kind, so angry as it makes people, they’ll still play it. The steam charts show game is actually growing last few months.

    The games changing to incorporate all the new players.

    no, seriously, many will leave, there's nothing worst than an unchallenging game.

    I have no reason to play this game if it becomes so frustrating on one side, and so unchallenging on the other

  • @kurgan8282 said:

    yesterday I would have say "absolutely not"

    Today is a total yes.

    Started to look for a new game,already.

    If someone has some advices, they're welcome.

    Monto likes the asymmetric horror genre. Go look into a few games he enjoys you might find a replacement.

  • @Liruliniel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/972904#Comment_972904

    Monto likes the asymmetric horror genre. Go look into a few games he enjoys you might find a replacement.

    thanks!

  • Not at all, people saying yes are probably just mad about the ruin nerf., and I dont blame them,, ruin forms a big part in the build of many killers, the new version would still be good if not for the fact its still a hex perk.

    @kurgan8282 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/974240#Comment_974240

    no, seriously, many will leave, there's nothing worst than an unchallenging game.

    I have no reason to play this game if it becomes so frustrating on one side, and so unchallenging on the other

    there's nothing worst than an unchallenging game.

    Then, why dont you take the challenge of playing without ruin?

  • @Todgeweiht said:

    Not at all, people saying yes are probably just mad about the ruin nerf., and I dont blame them,, ruin forms a big part in the build of many killers, the new version would still be good if not for the fact its still a hex perk.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/974410#Comment_974410

    there's nothing worst than an unchallenging game.

    Then, why dont you take the challenge of playing without ruin?

    im speaking about my surv perspective.

    when it happens, at red ranks as i am as a survivor, the gen get completed in few mins 80% of the times.

    Where is the fun about it?

  • @kurgan8282 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/974435#Comment_974435

    im speaking about my surv perspective.

    when it happens, at red ranks as i am as a survivor, the gen get completed in few mins 80% of the times.

    Where is the fun about it?

    Im pretty sure most killers will adapt and find alternatives like PGTW and Corrupt Intervention, i have played a lot of Billies and Myers in high ranks that do just fine without ruin.

  • No problem have a good day man and hope you find a new game. I dont think that the lack of Ruin will be the killing blow to the game yet it is on that track now, but I have thought for awhile this was the path Ruin would end up on because people were running 4 slow down perks and of the 4 Ruin had not been adjusted except for consistancy in a long time.

  • @Liruliniel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/974425#Comment_974425

    No problem have a good day man and hope you find a new game. I dont think that the lack of Ruin will be the killing blow to the game yet it is on that track now, but I have thought for awhile this was the path Ruin would end up on because people were running 4 slow down perks and of the 4 Ruin had not been adjusted except for consistancy in a long time.

    i do truly hope so, but being a nerf made for low ranks and new players, I am really afraid will affect dynamics for veterans

  • No idea about consoles, but the game's more popular than ever on PC: https://steamcharts.com/app/381210

  • @ppo8820 said:

    No. All these people whining and throwing tantrums on this forum show people are still passionate about the game. They all say they’re leaving and boo boo, but they won’t. Simple fact is this is only game out right now of it’s kind, so angry as it makes people, they’ll still play it. The steam charts show game is actually growing last few months.

    The games changing to incorporate all the new players.

    I can personally attest to at least 50 people already uninstalling, and as soon as I run out of ebony mori's I'm doing the same.

  • @HexMoriMeMommy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/974240#Comment_974240

    I can personally attest to at least 50 people already uninstalling, and as soon as I run out of ebony mori's I'm doing the same.

    i wont uninstall it just in hope that they will change their mind, but surely will stop play and purchase stuff if the game will be so user friendly

  • @kurgan8282 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/974614#Comment_974614

    i wont uninstall it just in hope that they will change their mind, but surely will stop play and purchase stuff if the game will be so user friendly

    HEre is the thing, I don't know how long you've been playing. But me and a lot of these people have been playing since the start, and a good portion of us are getting tired of getting punched in the mouth for being a killer main then getting told to deal with it.

  • It does feel like they're slowly running out of ideas, but to be honest, the playerbase is currently at it's highest. I don't think Dead by Daylight's gonna die. At least not for a few years (unless BHVR does something stupid)

  • @kurgan8282 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/974525#Comment_974525

    i do truly hope so, but being a nerf made for low ranks and new players, I am really afraid will affect dynamics for veterans

    I mean I recently started over on PC from taking a break on dedicated servers. Both sides rank 20. As a survivor I was plagued with ruin, campers, and tunnelers. On the killer side I was plagued with a bunch of derankers with full on meta builds.

    So it's not like rank really matters anymore. I do agree tho that Ruin to a new person is a guaranteed loss. I'm hoping with the next dlc some issues will he addressed.

  • @Nikotiini said:

    It does feel like they're slowly running out of ideas, but to be honest, the playerbase is currently at it's highest. I don't think Dead by Daylight's gonna die. At least not for a few years (unless BHVR does something stupid)

    YOu mean like what they are doing right now by alienating 80% of the highest skill cap playerbase?

  • I actually watched some saved clips of mine from around 18 months ago. It took all of about 30 seconds to find red rank survivor and killer matches. It definitley seems to me that the game is dying off. I have no clue if that is just due to the game being 3 years old and it's naturally going to happen, or what but it's certainly not what it was.

  • No this game does bad one week then does well the week after, been doing so for years and will continue to do so.

    The one thing which will potentially hurt the game is it's disregard for one role within the game.

    If you continue making the game easier and balanced towards survivors you have to acknowledge that people need to play killer and have fun if you want it game to function.

    The ruin nerf has created an indefinite problem in waiting which will completely screw matchmaking and all killers.

    It's forcing all killers to get good when survivors don't even need to be any good at all.

    To me it seems as if they're trying to make dbd a party game in which if you have 4 survivors doing something you just win unless you're really bad, the power/control killer has is getting smaller and smaller.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Not yet, but I feel like the game right now is like the Titanic right before it barrels into the iceberg, the impact being if the change makes it live the way it currently is.

    Ruin can't be changed/nerfed yet. Fix the bad map design first which is the single biggest reason why killers have such a hard time in this game, then we can talk about changing/nerfing the perk.

    That's probably because we are getting second objectives soon. 😁

    I predicted Dedicated Servers 2 years ago, on December, and was 100% spot on.

  • @HexMoriMeMommy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/974649#Comment_974649

    HEre is the thing, I don't know how long you've been playing. But me and a lot of these people have been playing since the start, and a good portion of us are getting tired of getting punched in the mouth for being a killer main then getting told to deal with it.

    i play since 2017 and have bought every dlc since I play...so I know very well the way they acted with "clients".

    I think this is the breaking point

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/972887#Comment_972887

    That's probably because we are getting second objectives soon. 😁

    I predicted Dedicated Servers 2 years ago, on December, and was 100% spot on.

    I will believe it when I see it, because frankly that would help killers out far to much to ever be implemented.

  • @kurgan8282 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/974680#Comment_974680

    i play since 2017 and have bought every dlc since I play...so I know very well the way they acted with "clients".

    I think this is the breaking point

    Breaking point is right.

    There is trying to fix things and I can understand how bad ruin is at high ranks.

    But ffs High ranks is where you are supposed to learn #########.

    If it was a high rank crutch why did 80% of the ######### playerbase run it.


    The real tipping point for me is how ######### smug the devs seem to be about all this.

    They are ######### pleased they torched their game.

  • @HexMoriMeMommy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/974240#Comment_974240

    I can personally attest to at least 50 people already uninstalling, and as soon as I run out of ebony mori's I'm doing the same.

    Yep and they'll all be back next week. LUL


    This has to be one of the funniest threads I've read so far.

  • @TheBean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/974614#Comment_974614

    Yep and they'll all be back next week. LUL

    This has to be one of the funniest threads I've read so far.

    why they should come back to play a game turned for casual gamers if they caj find something else?

  • "slowly" ... nope I think they are helping increase the speed adjective to "quickly"

  • @TheBean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/974614#Comment_974614

    Yep and they'll all be back next week. LUL

    This has to be one of the funniest threads I've read so far.

    I dunno, a few of them reinstalled League.

    That's how done they are with this game.

‹ 1 2