If ruin changes go live, me and a bunch of other killers are probably gonna quit

Killers have already been using ruin BECAUSE of how BADLY this game is balanced around gen speeds and "map pressure". killers NEEDED the time that ruin bought. and with this current version of ruin? it is garbage. now more than likely by the time you hook 1 person, GARUNTEE, whether they are able to hit greats or not. 1 gen will pop when you hook a survivor with a 2nd gen close to popping if not already popped. AND YOU ONLY HAVE GOTTEN 1 HOOK. Q times for survivors in red ranks was already bad. but now? I firmly believe that the amount of red rank killers that will actually keep playing after this change will only be in the double didgets.


if someone asked me "what is THE WORST thing BHVR could do to this game balance wise?" my answer would be to nerf ruin. and BOY did they not just NERF IT, THEY LEGIONED IT

Comments

  • This content has been removed.
  • Just here to say you guys are silly. There's no "correct" way to win really as of now. Game's just about having fun. So... If you don't have fun with the perk, don't use it. Or if there's a single perk you rely on, maybe you just need to become an overall stronger killer.


    I seriously find myself having a hard time giving a damn about the end result of a game because it's usually the middle of the game that I'm enjoying. I've used ruin maybe 2 times ever and I still manage fine. And even when I don't get the kills I wanted as a killer, I get used to telling myself it's because I could play better, or bring a better killer, or better offerings and addons or whatever. IDK, I just think it's silly to get as upset as some people are getting when things get shaken up. It's like if you one trick a certain character in a video game like Overwatch and get upset when they get nerfed. You gotta expect something like that. Can't only rely on one thing for a crutch the entirety of playing a game...


    @EverflowingRiver you did start saying toxic. "toxic survivor main" definitely sounds like calling somebody toxic to me

    @PBL187 you did bring up his mom even if you didn't insult her directly. You're also verbally attacking him over a disagreement. Your age really shows in this post

    You both don't know what you're saying and should both stop.

  • @SteelDragon said:

    Killers have already been using ruin BECAUSE of how BADLY this game is balanced around gen speeds and "map pressure". killers NEEDED the time that ruin bought. and with this current version of ruin? it is garbage. now more than likely by the time you hook 1 person, GARUNTEE, whether they are able to hit greats or not. 1 gen will pop when you hook a survivor with a 2nd gen close to popping if not already popped. AND YOU ONLY HAVE GOTTEN 1 HOOK. Q times for survivors in red ranks was already bad. but now? I firmly believe that the amount of red rank killers that will actually keep playing after this change will only be in the double didgets.

    if someone asked me "what is THE WORST thing BHVR could do to this game balance wise?" my answer would be to nerf ruin. and BOY did they not just NERF IT, THEY LEGIONED IT

    Please use up your Ebony mori's b4 you go.

  • I'm with you, they want us to play survivor, fine, we all play survivor.

    I'm ready to bet a ######### ton of money, within the next month or so, you will see threads like "FIX MATCHMAKING CANT PLAY SURVIVOR".

  • I thought you were done talking?

    @Huff I called someone toxic directly first, fair enough, but it was in response to someone else calling the killer community toxic.

    @gantes you are obviously trolling. All killer nerfs were needed? Legion didn't deserve what happened to them. And it's not questionable behavior to inform the devs that there are consequences to their actions.

  • @EverflowingRiver said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/976072#Comment_976072

    I thought you were done talking?

    @Huff I called someone toxic directly first, fair enough, but it was in response to someone else calling the killer community toxic.

    @gantes you are obviously trolling. All killer nerfs were needed? Legion didn't deserve what happened to them. And it's not questionable behavior to inform the devs that there are consequences to their actions.

    Sorry, I'm talking about the nerfs, like Nurse and Spirit had,which were deserved. Not about the Legion adjustments to make sure they didn't just down survivors without counterplay,which were even more deserved.

  • There just isn't really a point to bringing any attitude like that here to the forums. That just means somebody is overly emotional, and that usually means nobody should take their opinion seriously. Same thing goes for a kid going around calling people a "r3t4rd" for accusing them of bringing up somebody's mother, when they clearly did.

  • @gantes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/976945#Comment_976945

    Sorry, I'm talking about the nerfs, like Nurse and Spirit had,which were deserved. Not about the Legion adjustments to make sure they didn't just down survivors without counterplay,which were even more deserved.

    I'm talking about the last 2-3 legion nerfs, not the original one that was needed. He has been buried deep which was uncalled for.

  • @EverflowingRiver said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/976959#Comment_976959

    I'm talking about the last 2-3 legion nerfs, not the original one that was needed. He has been buried deep which was uncalled for.

    Every reputable player I've seen talk about it has said it was a net buff but ok

  • @gantes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/976993#Comment_976993

    Every reputable player I've seen talk about it has said it was a net buff but ok

    I could be wrong, but I believe the devs said it was a nerf. How can ruining perk synergy for the sake of a slightly faster vault be a buff? Sorry if I don't believe your unnamed reputable players

  • yeh but statistics will show that killers can't cope without so hopefully they'll be a change to gens, so we no longer require ruin, and dont rely on a hex perk

  • Honestly ruin is in my main build,but I either way wanted it gone. I don't really mind about the change,I would either way replace it

  • Well I can only imagine that because ruin had made the progress bar and skill check bar red letting you know there is the hex active. Maybe the new version can slip by under the radar more often then before. 😏

  • @switch said:

    I'm with you, they want us to play survivor, fine, we all play survivor.

    I'm ready to bet a ######### ton of money, within the next month or so, you will see threads like "FIX MATCHMAKING CANT PLAY SURVIVOR".

    we are entering a new dark era of killer. where gens can be done in under 30 seconds and since we spawn on the other side of the map, there is nothing we can do about it

  • This thread has really escalated but I'm going to share my piece.. as a survivor main, I guess?

    It doesn't matter whether or not you as a killer use ruin. That's not the topic.

    It's not about the judgement of another killers skill based on whether or not you run ruin.

    Honestly, skill has nothing to do with it. You can 4k without Ruin? Good for you, you found a playstyle you like in which you don't need to use it. Other people have other playstyles that may depend on the use of ruin and/or other perks to be able to properly do.

    The ability to win with or without Ruin isn't the problem.

    The problem is that this nerf was created without addressing the underlying problems as to why people always run this perk. This nerf can safely be called survivor sided imo, because it's not taking into account WHY people run it. Again, this doesn't necessarily relate to skill, and if it did? Then the devs are survivor sided, favouring fresh survivors over fresh killers.

    And yes, I believe people are going to quit killer over this. Not just the red rank killers, but the fresh killers who run Ruin, fresh killers who are already screwed over by the matchmaking system and getting put with way higher ranked survivors. Killers who are sick of these "balanced" changes. Honestly, if they were going to nerf ruin like this, it should be added to the base-kit of all killers because it's still a totem, and totem hunters WILL find it before it's activated.

    It doesn't even address the problems that are going to stem from this. With the amount of things broken in the game right now, you're likely to see a rise in tunnelling and camping to get kills, because the gens are going too fast to get an appropriate pressure on. Don't get offended if you don't think it will apply to you, or if it will. These nerfs are slowly sucking the fun out of killer, and turning it into a mission. People stop playing because it isn't fun. Not because people find it impossible to play without it.

  • You and others are quitting over a perk change?okay.

    See you in 2 weeks. Maximum.

  • I'm not a good player but I can usually hit the skill checks and if I'm off I'll resign myself to gen tapping. It doesn't really add that much time to the gen. From my humble, dirty survivor main POV, ruin wasn't doing enough to justify the perk spot. Especially since a bad spawn could mean the slot is wasted only seconds in. So I'm all for a little ruin change but I don't know if this rework is right (again, dirty survivor main, can't really judge) but the way they worded why it was being implemented definitely was not!

  • @snowflake102 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/973102#Comment_973102

    Try out the ptb first you and other killers are acting like small kids,and it's really sad that you and the other killers are overreacting.:(

    Also let me remind you killer mains survivors said simlier things before this change. And oh my now killers are saying the same thing, oh nooo what are we going to do I know let's complain and threaten to leave this game cause the devs cater to survivors and only want money rip dbd,

    You are acting like small kids. just stop. And test out the ptb.

    The thing is that I'm not a killer main. I feel bad for killer mains because the devs refuse to actually acknowledge the real issue and why Ruin is used so much.

    I don't care that the perk is good or not. I care that the devs continue to ignore the communities frustrations.

  • @thefallenloser said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/975607#Comment_975607

    The thing is that I'm not a killer main. I feel bad for killer mains because the devs refuse to actually acknowledge the real issue and why Ruin is used so much.

    I don't care that the perk is good or not. I care that the devs continue to ignore the communities frustrations.

    they ignore the killers frustrations, you mean. since they listen to survivor frustrations all the time

  • All these people saying "I need ruin to have a chance against good survivors at red ranks" - what good survivors care about ruin at red ranks? Almost all good survivors can just work through it. It's literally a waste of a perk slot against good players. The only issue I've seen with it is when experienced players bring new friends into games and the newbs haven't seen a skill check before


  • @baron said:

    You and others are quitting over a perk change?okay.

    See you in 2 weeks. Maximum.

    When devs treat your side like a crap it is not that hard to quit the game. I have not played for 6 months already and not missing this game at all (i also have all dlc's and many cosmetics). Returned just to troll with insidious camping inb4 ruin changes. I lost my hope in these devs years ago. I'm about to throw up when i see this developer survivor bias.

  • @SteelDragon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/976596#Comment_976596

    but they will only take so much abuse before they leave

    Was watching Zubat last night and he just had enough. His final straw was Haddonfield being burnt and he just face camped everyone and as soon as the game ended he said "Alright I've had enough of this game, goodbye" and insta ended the Stream

    I mean if Streamers who play killer are getting that frustrated isn't that a problem?

  • I'm not convinced yet that the Ruin change will be terrible. It will certainly make the game more fun and encourage creativity and experimentation with perk builds on both sides. I thought at first that the Ruin change would make the perk too weak and perhaps obsolete, but some players have made persuasive arguments to the contrary, and I spent a few hours today watching them prove their cases in PTB on live streams. My best guess is that Ruin shouldn't be a hex perk anymore, but this is ultimately about outcomes, so we'll have to wait for the data. I'm kind of excited to see how things play out.

  • @gantes said:

    I mean, for everyone saying they're leaving, see yall next week. As usual.

    Gonna be waiting a long time for that week

  • @BugReporte said:

    The game is now broken. Lose hope now it's just going to get worse!

    Is gud joke.

    The Dev's of this game don't even actually play their own game past rank 20.

    Of course they are gonna break it harder than a child with a new glass toy.

  • I highly believe, the new Ruin is made to match with a new feature in the future, can be 2nd objectives, of at least a way that not allow 4 Survivors to repair at once.

  • @xChrisx said:

    I dont use ruin, try different perks/playstyle or u and other ppl will never learn how to play killer properly

    You clearly do not play every killer on red ranks consistently, am I right?

    I dont know what happened in the last time but it was kinda difficult to slow down the gen pressure at all (even WITH ruin): You cannot pressure 4 survivors at the same time if you do not slug nor have a base power which allows map pressure at all.

    If you want to play "fair" and chase and hook a survivor, then leave and go for another one and so on: The match will be too short in most cases. Lets assume you need 45 seconds for a single hook and you hook every survivor 3 times, then you'll need at least a 9 minute game. And lets be honest, it is not always possible to down a survivor within 45 seconds (depending on the chosen kille and pallet spawns). Let me know how many games last 9 minutes or longer in red or purple ranks?

    Most killers do not have any map pressure (except Oni, Hillybilly etc.). If you verse a decent rank 1-5 team, they will rush through gens within a few minutes. It has nothing to do with the skill of the killer player anymore. And its not even the fault of the survivors. Its a big balance issue and with the ruin changes the gen speed will become a bigger problem .

  • @SteelDragon said:

    Killers have already been using ruin BECAUSE of how BADLY this game is balanced around gen speeds and "map pressure". killers NEEDED the time that ruin bought. and with this current version of ruin? it is garbage. now more than likely by the time you hook 1 person, GARUNTEE, whether they are able to hit greats or not. 1 gen will pop when you hook a survivor with a 2nd gen close to popping if not already popped. AND YOU ONLY HAVE GOTTEN 1 HOOK. Q times for survivors in red ranks was already bad. but now? I firmly believe that the amount of red rank killers that will actually keep playing after this change will only be in the double didgets.

    if someone asked me "what is THE WORST thing BHVR could do to this game balance wise?" my answer would be to nerf ruin. and BOY did they not just NERF IT, THEY LEGIONED IT

    there are plenty of good killers that play without ruin why can’t people just adapt to the change

  • Always regressing gens vs. Skill check gimmick.


    Consistent value vs. random value that can be nullified by hitting skill checks.


    Hmm.

  • @ColgateAdvancedWhite said:

    Always regressing gens vs. Skill check gimmick.

    Consistent value vs. random value that can be nullified by hitting skill checks.

    Hmm.

    they are not always regressing, only when no one is on the gen.

    skill check gimmick regressed the gens while it was being worked on


    "consistent value" what value? it is not slowing down actively being worked on gens. and the nullify by hitting skill checks is a interaction between the perk and survivors that had skill involved AND even if they did get the great ruin nullifies the bonus you would get for getting the great. so still slowing down the gen no matter if you hit the great or not


    btw they are still both hexes, you want to talk about inconsistency start with the average life expectancy of hex perks

  • @bob4kfc said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/117633/if-ruin-changes-go-live-me-and-a-bunch-of-other-killers-are-probably-gonna-quit

    there are plenty of good killers that play without ruin why can’t people just adapt to the change

    There are also plenty of good survivors who can hit skill checks, why can't people just adapt to the way things are now?

    One of the main things a survivor is required to do is hit skill checks. But apparently if new survivors struggle with skill checks, then just nerf skill checks. However, even though both new and experienced killers struggle with slowing down gens... "git gud, killers."

    I'm on console with its crap fps, my reaction time isn't that great, and still I didn't find Ruin to be that big of a problem to go up against. Even if I was having an off day and never hit a single great, I could still power through it. Or, I could cleanse the totem. Ruin was the only thing that made the mind-numbingly boring task of sitting on a gen holding the trigger button at all difficult; I had to actually put forth effort and try. It provided a challenge to a mindless task.

    I know what I can look forward to if this Ruin nerf goes through: I will be running Small Game every match to try to head off the near-guaranteed NOED. Yay, fun.

  • @SleepyWillo said:

    All these people saying "I need ruin to have a chance against good survivors at red ranks" - what good survivors care about ruin at red ranks? Almost all good survivors can just work through it. It's literally a waste of a perk slot against good players. The only issue I've seen with it is when experienced players bring new friends into games and the newbs haven't seen a skill check before

    You don't seem to understand how Ruin worked. When Ruin was up Great skill checks gave no bonus progression. That means even if they complete great skill checks they're only repairing it as quickly as they would repair a generator normally with good skill checks. Killers didn't rely on Ruin to freeze gen progression. They used it to reduce gen progression to a more manageable pace.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/979217#Comment_979217

    There are also plenty of good survivors who can hit skill checks, why can't people just adapt to the way things are now?

    One of the main things a survivor is required to do is hit skill checks. But apparently if new survivors struggle with skill checks, then just nerf skill checks. However, even though both new and experienced killers struggle with slowing down gens... "git gud, killers."

    I'm on console with its crap fps, my reaction time isn't that great, and still I didn't find Ruin to be that big of a problem to go up against. Even if I was having an off day and never hit a single great, I could still power through it. Or, I could cleanse the totem. Ruin was the only thing that made the mind-numbingly boring task of sitting on a gen holding the trigger button at all difficult; I had to actually put forth effort and try. It provided a challenge to a mindless task.

    I know what I can look forward to if this Ruin nerf goes through: I will be running Small Game every match to try to head off the near-guaranteed NOED. Yay, fun.

    "Why can't people adapt."

    Ask all the people who cry about perk nerfs for either side.

  • @SteelDragon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/979256#Comment_979256

    they are not always regressing, only when no one is on the gen.

    skill check gimmick regressed the gens while it was being worked on

    "consistent value" what value? it is not slowing down actively being worked on gens. and the nullify by hitting skill checks is a interaction between the perk and survivors that had skill involved AND even if they did get the great ruin nullifies the bonus you would get for getting the great. so still slowing down the gen no matter if you hit the great or not

    btw they are still both hexes, you want to talk about inconsistency start with the average life expectancy of hex perks

    Random because the number of skill checks is random. It is possible to get 0 or 1 skill check for the whole gen.

  • If these changes go live, I'll just have to ApPlY pReSsUrE by using all my moris with all the killers I play, put the BPs into my one survivor (since they're all just skin puppets), equip toolboxes with a second chance build, and then genrush until they replace all killers with bots. Because they're basically using the data from games to nerf the human player into one at this point. They don't want to listen to killer mains then it's time to show them the way completely abusing their own mechanics as the opposition.

  • Until you start losing tames you spent countless hours obtaining in the first place xD

    Love the game but i will never touch it again!

  • @PoisonN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/969883#Comment_969883

    Playing killer is stressful. SWF is a problem, bad map design is a problem... Sometimes you work too hard for nothing. I've been playing survivor recently

    No, no, no The only problem is ruin.... Honest!

    At least they'll give us a month or so before announcing NOED is being changed to Everbody Escapes Death.

  • @LordEmrich said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/969942#Comment_969942

    Nah, some of us just actually learn to play as each Killer efficiently rather than sticking the same perks on every single Killer and acting like we're good. I personally play Adept Killer + 1 generic perk so I feel like I'm better than most of the crutch perk Killers that have been whining today.

    @xChrisx is correct in his post. You all have relied on Ruin and now it's gonna be trash so now you wanna take your ball and go home. Thanks for Ruining (cwatididthar) Hag cause you all don't wanna learn how to play the Killers properly.

    Just think of it this way.

    At least you will have very fast queues because you're going to be one of the very few killers to stick around.

  • @SteelDragon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/970009#Comment_970009

    so, being a GOOD KILLER is to

    not run ruin

    tunnel and camp

    slug all game every game

    for some that is how you play killer and it is fine

    ME? I like to play killer of getting lots of hooks, lots of chases. etc. so I don't tunnel, I don't slug a lot and I don't camp. because of this I NEED RUIN. you cant play like that WITHOUT RUIN. now I could be a piece of crap and say "because you don't run ruin and you probably slug and tunnel every game you don't know how to play killer" but im not a piece of crap unlike you for telling people that because they run ruin that they don't know how to play killer

    I think you misunderstand.

    You're only a good killer when you stand in the middle of the ring around the rosie circle!

  • @JayDoesGames said:

    Ok bye then. The less toxic killers the better.

    lol i hope you like crawling around on the ground because that's all that is going to happen when this goes live.

  • @thefallenloser said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/972396#Comment_972396

    No, because I played for this game it should be in a quality state, and I deserve to play it as such, no exceptions.

    I don't understand what sane person would call childish and entitled to be pissed off that the devs of the game you payed for are ignoring the community and the major issues they are pointing out. Yikes.

    I am so sick of this argument. You are not entitled to anything except access to play the game. Just because you bought a product does not mean you deserve it to be great.

    People buy things all the time that don't turn out how they like. Unless it was defective when you bought it, you are not entitled to a refund. I have bought games and paid to see movies that I didn't enjoy in the end. There is no guarantee that what you bought will be something you enjoy. Grow up and deal with it.

    You may voice disapproval, but you certainly are not entitled to or deserve anything from the devs.

  • @SteelDragon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/976596#Comment_976596

    but they will only take so much abuse before they leave

    Most won't consider a perk change to be a personal slight against them.

    Hell, Monto even likes the change.

    https://youtu.be/7wzdIJLj-oE

  • @Feyd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/976606#Comment_976606

    Most won't consider a perk change to be a personal slight against them.

    Hell, Monto even likes the change.

    https://youtu.be/7wzdIJLj-oE

    1 he has only played against mostly potato survivors

    2 its the PTB there is no rank and some people are even leaving up ruin on purpose instead of cleansing it to see its impact

    3 he has not played that much with new ruin and only have played with the ruin + surveillance combo

  • Within a few days, ps4 has lost the most popular killer perk in the game, and the ability to dodge swf lol.. fun times.

  • @Feyd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/973102#Comment_973102

    I am so sick of this argument. You are not entitled to anything except access to play the game. Just because you bought a product does not mean you deserve it to be great.

    People buy things all the time that don't turn out how they like. Unless it was defective when you bought it, you are not entitled to a refund. I have bought games and paid to see movies that I didn't enjoy in the end. There is no guarantee that what you bought will be something you enjoy. Grow up and deal with it.

    You may voice disapproval, but you certainly are not entitled to or deserve anything from the devs.

    Please tell this to anybody who prepares food that you buy so that they know they don't have to put any effort into the food you buy as long as they give it to you in exchange for money. It's gonna be a huge relief to anybody who's having a horrible day and wants to take it out by pissing in somebody's soup.

  • @TunnelVision said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/970009#Comment_970009

    Just think of it this way.

    At least you will have very fast queues because you're going to be one of the very few killers to stick around.

    I'll enjoy that for the month it lasts til Survivors get tired of even worse queue times and stop playing as well.

  • @Dehitay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/980301#Comment_980301

    Please tell this to anybody who prepares food that you buy so that they know they don't have to put any effort into the food you buy as long as they give it to you in exchange for money. It's gonna be a huge relief to anybody who's having a horrible day and wants to take it out by pissing in somebody's soup.

    Never had bad food at a restaurant before? Talk about lucky. The mature thing to do is just not patronize an establishment that you don't like. You can leave a comment with the manager if you like, but you still are not *entitled* to a good meal.

    That doesn't mean they're allowed to violate health codes, but it doesn't mean they have to make good food.

    There is no "video game funness" law. Get over yourself. If you like the product, pay for it. If you don't, feel free to leave with or without telling the management why you don't wish to support them financially.

  • @Feyd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/981613#Comment_981613

    Never had bad food at a restaurant before? Talk about lucky. The mature thing to do is just not patronize an establishment that you don't like. You can leave a comment with the manager if you like, but you still are not *entitled* to a good meal.

    That doesn't mean they're allowed to violate health codes, but it doesn't mean they have to make good food.

    There is no "video game funness" law. Get over yourself. If you like the product, pay for it. If you don't, feel free to leave with or without telling the management why you don't wish to support them financially.

    There actually is, it's just not international. Which is one of the reason that Canada's entertainment industry doesn't hold a candle to that of the US. The fact that it's a Canadian company that has one of the most horrid concepts of game balance isn't entirely a coincidence.

  • Im not a fan of the ruin nerf. Last couple moths I played like 70 surv/ 30 killer. Still manage to keep my R1 on both sides. My first 2 years in DbD I played Killer only. For the last year, surv just felt more relaxing and less frustrating. I never had problems as surv with ruin. Tbh I thought what is wrong with a killer on R1 if he doesnt use it. As killer its not like I ever relied on ruin. But I feel its needed on some killers. I think its funny how some big brains say killers who use ruin are not skilled xD. I use ruin a lot and I dont think I play every season R1 killer for over 2 years now because of ruin lol.

    I hate slugging, camping and tunneling. Hate to face that and hate to play like that. And Im really tired of red ranks as killer. So with this ruin nerf I will just depip myself to rank 15 and play the most chill games I ever had. I heard the game is balanced in these ranks xD. And I will do that just because I can :P

1 … 4 5 6 ›