If ruin changes go live, me and a bunch of other killers are probably gonna quit

Killers have already been using ruin BECAUSE of how BADLY this game is balanced around gen speeds and "map pressure". killers NEEDED the time that ruin bought. and with this current version of ruin? it is garbage. now more than likely by the time you hook 1 person, GARUNTEE, whether they are able to hit greats or not. 1 gen will pop when you hook a survivor with a 2nd gen close to popping if not already popped. AND YOU ONLY HAVE GOTTEN 1 HOOK. Q times for survivors in red ranks was already bad. but now? I firmly believe that the amount of red rank killers that will actually keep playing after this change will only be in the double didgets.


if someone asked me "what is THE WORST thing BHVR could do to this game balance wise?" my answer would be to nerf ruin. and BOY did they not just NERF IT, THEY LEGIONED IT

Comments

  • Just play swf. Killer is to stressful, solo Q to frustating. The only fun part of dbd is swf. Once more and more people realise this the game is dead since noone wants to play the other roles.

  • I am literally baffled that the devs though this was a good idea.

    I have lost ALL faith in them completely. I doubt I’ll be playing anymore at all if this goes live.

  • @SteelDragon said:

    Killers have already been using ruin BECAUSE of how BADLY this game is balanced around gen speeds and "map pressure". killers NEEDED the time that ruin bought. and with this current version of ruin? it is garbage. now more than likely by the time you hook 1 person, GARUNTEE, whether they are able to hit greats or not. 1 gen will pop when you hook a survivor with a 2nd gen close to popping if not already popped. AND YOU ONLY HAVE GOTTEN 1 HOOK. Q times for survivors in red ranks was already bad. but now? I firmly believe that the amount of red rank killers that will actually keep playing after this change will only be in the double didgets.

    if someone asked me "what is THE WORST thing BHVR could do to this game balance wise?" my answer would be to nerf ruin. and BOY did they not just NERF IT, THEY LEGIONED IT

    Become a survivor main,ez 4 minute games :D Worst thing,they said people were using it cause of the "emblem" and totally not cause of the badly designed gen speed

  • I dont use ruin, try different perks/playstyle or u and other ppl will never learn how to play killer properly

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    It’s okay, they’re removing ranks from the post-match screen so red rank survivors can be matched against rank 20 killers to avoid long queue times. :)

    Big brain bhvr

  • There are perk builds that use no ruin but yeah, ruin is pretty useful and this game is on survivor side

  • @xChrisx said:

    I dont use ruin, try different perks/playstyle or u and other ppl will never learn how to play killer properly

    IKR,clown is so good at keeping his map pressure up and without ruin is the best killer possible :D I personally didn't use ruin,but it's NEEDED for clown and other low tier killers.Only reason why i'm complaining about the ruin changes,is cause i won't be able to play those killers unless i get potato survivors.Won't know their rank tho cause ranks won't be shown in the tally screen anymore after the game

  • Killer should not be the stressful role, and yet they decide to double down on it meanwhile survivor is a stress free game of hide, seek, loop, rush, teabag.

  • @xChrisx said:

    I dont use ruin, try different perks/playstyle or u and other ppl will never learn how to play killer properly

    o yes, camping and tunneling 24/7 because I don't have ruin is playing killer properly. Or slugging heavily to! I am a bit of a nice killer when it comes to not slugging tunneling etc. hence why I use ruin to make up for it. Ruin is needed in this badly balanced game. PERIOD. using ruin does not mean you don't know how to play killer properly

  • @SteelDragon said:

    Killers have already been using ruin BECAUSE of how BADLY this game is balanced around gen speeds and "map pressure". killers NEEDED the time that ruin bought. and with this current version of ruin? it is garbage. now more than likely by the time you hook 1 person, GARUNTEE, whether they are able to hit greats or not. 1 gen will pop when you hook a survivor with a 2nd gen close to popping if not already popped. AND YOU ONLY HAVE GOTTEN 1 HOOK. Q times for survivors in red ranks was already bad. but now? I firmly believe that the amount of red rank killers that will actually keep playing after this change will only be in the double didgets.

    if someone asked me "what is THE WORST thing BHVR could do to this game balance wise?" my answer would be to nerf ruin. and BOY did they not just NERF IT, THEY LEGIONED IT

    This also make me(Solo Survivor) want to quit this game

    Literally more killer will Tunnel/Camp/More-Top-Tier-Killer/Pink Moris which is also "unfun" to play

    The nerf just give "unfun" for both side and i hate it

  • This is the straw to break the camels back we've been waiting for. Time for ALL OF US killers to take a stand. Don't play until the devs start showing us some love. Please. It's the only way things will ever change. We must take a stand!

  • @SteelDragon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/969667#Comment_969667

    o yes, camping and tunneling 24/7 because I don't have ruin is playing killer properly. Or slugging heavily to! I am a bit of a nice killer when it comes to not slugging tunneling etc. hence why I use ruin to make up for it. Ruin is needed in this badly balanced game. PERIOD. using ruin does not mean you don't know how to play killer properly

    Slugging/tunneling is the meta now,get used to it :3

  • This content has been removed.
  • @DwightOP said:

    Just play swf. Killer is to stressful, solo Q to frustating. The only fun part of dbd is swf. Once more and more people realise this the game is dead since noone wants to play the other roles.

    Tell me, who would you play against if everyone took this advice?

  • What I don’t get is they mention a high percentage of killers run ruin and they nerf it, but failed to do anything about WHY everyone runs ruin in the first place. They do nothing about maps or gen speed but instead nerf ruin? Seems so stupid.

  • Nurse-dead

    Spirit-dead

    Legion-dead (and butchered)

    Now Ruin.

  • @MakoaKeo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/969654#Comment_969654

    Tell me, who would you play against if everyone took this advice?

    Exactly the point,no killers will be left

  • bla bla bla ruin bad behavior bad maybe instead of complain we should all just not play the game till behavior gets their stuff together

  • @xChrisx said:

    I dont use ruin, try different perks/playstyle or u and other ppl will never learn how to play killer properly

    Sure. You are the best.

  • @luka2211 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/117633/if-ruin-changes-go-live-me-and-a-bunch-of-other-killers-are-probably-gonna-quit

    Become a survivor main,ez 4 minute games :D Worst thing,they said people were using it cause of the "emblem" and totally not cause of the badly designed gen speed

    Easy for you to say, but unfortunately for those of us that don't have others to play with. I am already looking at new games to play.

  • @SteelDragon said:

    Killers have already been using ruin BECAUSE of how BADLY this game is balanced around gen speeds and "map pressure". killers NEEDED the time that ruin bought. and with this current version of ruin? it is garbage. now more than likely by the time you hook 1 person, GARUNTEE, whether they are able to hit greats or not. 1 gen will pop when you hook a survivor with a 2nd gen close to popping if not already popped. AND YOU ONLY HAVE GOTTEN 1 HOOK. Q times for survivors in red ranks was already bad. but now? I firmly believe that the amount of red rank killers that will actually keep playing after this change will only be in the double didgets.

    if someone asked me "what is THE WORST thing BHVR could do to this game balance wise?" my answer would be to nerf ruin. and BOY did they not just NERF IT, THEY LEGIONED IT

    I feel the same but obviously we just don't understand what we are talking about. Supposedly most people, devs included feel that gens take too long and that's the biggest issue with this game.

  • @MakoaKeo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/969654#Comment_969654

    Tell me, who would you play against if everyone took this advice?

    Against Mcote. Kinda want to remind him what swf is capable of

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Ruin is already a trash perk, it getting a change for more consistency is better than just RNG skillchecks. Or even Survivors just sitting on gens and getting it done regardless.

    it is still a hex perk

  • At this point they should remove great skill checks and progression bonus from gens and simply have skill checks that avoid the explosion.

  • @BoopDaSnoot said:

    bla bla bla ruin bad behavior bad maybe instead of complain we should all just not play the game till behavior gets their stuff together

    Yeah, i'm planning to play other game when this change happen because we know it's not gonna be happy for play both side unless you have friends to play swf

    I'd recommend ARK:Survival Evolved

  • @DingDongs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/969743#Comment_969743

    Yeah, i'm planning to play other game when this change happen because we know it's not gonna be happy to play for both side

    I'd recommend ARK:Survival Evolved

    ARK seems like a pretty nice game for a change :D

  • @SteelDragon said:

    Killers have already been using ruin BECAUSE of how BADLY this game is balanced around gen speeds and "map pressure". killers NEEDED the time that ruin bought. and with this current version of ruin? it is garbage. now more than likely by the time you hook 1 person, GARUNTEE, whether they are able to hit greats or not. 1 gen will pop when you hook a survivor with a 2nd gen close to popping if not already popped. AND YOU ONLY HAVE GOTTEN 1 HOOK. Q times for survivors in red ranks was already bad. but now? I firmly believe that the amount of red rank killers that will actually keep playing after this change will only be in the double didgets.

    if someone asked me "what is THE WORST thing BHVR could do to this game balance wise?" my answer would be to nerf ruin. and BOY did they not just NERF IT, THEY LEGIONED IT

    K.

  • I Simply won't bother. Imma just add on to the cause and go full swf on voice coms. Bully the killer with all the broken perks and give the killer PTSD. Sad, but true.

  • @dfrenchiee said:

    I am literally baffled that the devs though this was a good idea.

    I have lost ALL faith in them completely. I doubt I’ll be playing anymore at all if this goes live.

    Don't worry I've already lost all my faith when they decided to buff borrowed at the expense of Legion (shorter mend time) and think the detection range addons aren't worthless.

    Screenshot_20200106-152724_Chrome.jpg

    ^That's a dev btw^

  • @EverflowingRiver said:

    Nurse-dead

    Spirit-dead

    Legion-dead (and butchered)

    Now Ruin.

    Doctor, oni

  • @RIP_Legion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/969662#Comment_969662

    Don't worry I've already lost all my faith when they decided to buff borrowed at the expense of Legion (shorter mend time) and think the detection range addons aren't worthless.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/671/HSGAADZ31L6V.jpg

    ^That's a dev btw^

    The nice killer main with the Claudette avatar told me the changes were good :))))

  • No one plays killer btw

  • @PoisonN said:

    No one plays killer btw

    If you thought nobody did now wait till you see one of the most useful killer perks in the game removed.

  • @ElementDoom said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/969851#Comment_969851

    The nice killer main with the Claudette avatar told me the changes were good :))))

    Same guy told me that survivors got nerfed more than killers,love that science guy ;)

  • Corrupt Intervention.

  • I’m with you fam. I already uninstalled on my PS4 it was fun while it lasted but I’m officially done.

  • @SteelDragon said:

    Killers have already been using ruin BECAUSE of how BADLY this game is balanced around gen speeds and "map pressure". killers NEEDED the time that ruin bought. and with this current version of ruin? it is garbage. now more than likely by the time you hook 1 person, GARUNTEE, whether they are able to hit greats or not. 1 gen will pop when you hook a survivor with a 2nd gen close to popping if not already popped. AND YOU ONLY HAVE GOTTEN 1 HOOK. Q times for survivors in red ranks was already bad. but now? I firmly believe that the amount of red rank killers that will actually keep playing after this change will only be in the double didgets.

    if someone asked me "what is THE WORST thing BHVR could do to this game balance wise?" my answer would be to nerf ruin. and BOY did they not just NERF IT, THEY LEGIONED IT

    Nah Legion had better treatment Sir this was Ruined xD jokes aside. This was a critical element for a lot of players to be able to play and enjoy killer. A good friend of mine just said "screw this I hope they have been working on Killer Bot AI"

  • @luka2211 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/117633/if-ruin-changes-go-live-me-and-a-bunch-of-other-killers-are-probably-gonna-quit

    Become a survivor main,ez 4 minute games :D Worst thing,they said people were using it cause of the "emblem" and totally not cause of the badly designed gen speed

    What an argument is that? The game needs killer to even be playable. If too many killer quit, the que times will go up even more.

  • @RIP_Legion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/969872#Comment_969872

    If you thought nobody did now wait till you see one of the most useful killer perks in the game removed.

    Playing killer is stressful. SWF is a problem, bad map design is a problem... Sometimes you work too hard for nothing. I've been playing survivor recently

  • @Colton147 said:

    Corrupt Intervention.

    Which will then get nerfed because "80% of red ranks are using it"

  • @BaldursGate2 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/969665#Comment_969665

    What an argument is that? The game needs killer to even be playable. If too many killer quit, the que times will go up even more.

    That's the point,for killers to quit so que times become worse.Then bhvr might change their mind and start buffing low tier killers,nerfing certain survivors perks,reworking maps faster etc

  • The game is now broken. Lose hope now it's just going to get worse!

  • Unlikely Corrupt Intervention will be ever nerfed honestly.

  • Ok this rework isnt that bad but it isnt too great either. I play both killer and survivor so hopefully Im not too biased.

    I feel like the concept if this rework is great. Don’t punish new survivors who cant hit those skill checks BUT this rework is making it too easy to get gens done. It is encouraging killers to apply more pressure which will in turn help them learn how to shut down chases quickly.

    The devs did not specify if this perk affects all gens not being worked on or just those that the killer damages. I feel like they should keep the current regression increase (whatever % they listed in the notes) for gens they did not damage and are not being worked on. HOWEVER, they should reward the killer by increasing this percentage for gens that they did damage (I’m thinking to 3/4/5%) That way there is more pressure on the survivors to get gens done and it would discourage them from hook bombing or leaving a gen they are working on (if they’re all on a gen, they’re going to be easier to find!)


    Sorry if none of this makes sense, it’s my first posted comment ;0

  • @xChrisx said:

    I dont use ruin, try different perks/playstyle or u and other ppl will never learn how to play killer properly

    Right. Hi Otz. Or are you just using killers with really good mobility. Can you use a killer that's slow on bigger maps? Especially at red ranks where the survivors have good advantages in really good loops?

  • @DingDongs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/969743#Comment_969743

    Yeah, i'm planning to play other game when this change happen because we know it's not gonna be happy to play for both side

    I'd recommend ARK:Survival Evolved

    Yeah. I'd totally play ark again but not official servers. The devs are arguably worse at balancing

‹ 1 2 3 … 6