Dcing over a hidden offering

Why do so many survivors DC over a hidden offering ?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • People just assume there’s a Mori, and don’t feel like playing the game. Which is completely not reasonable - it’s not probable to be an ebony, and even if it is there’s no saying the killer will be good and get to use it.

    Occasionally I throw the separation shroud on and then when I could Mori someone (if I had one) I spam M1 looking down at them as if I were trying to get the Mori started. 9/10 times it results in a DC, and I find it hilarious. Gotta make the best of a dumb situation.

  • @ygizmo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/963682#Comment_963682

    It's probably because it's super unfun and unfair to go against? Just a thought, I know it's hard to process for some of you.

    No need to be angry about the topic. As is, I think DCing in any circumstance when a game is 10-15 min on average is unacceptable. I like going against Moris when I’m surviving because it brings the element of fear back. I got hooked, if it’s an ebony I literally cannot go down again, and that lends tension. If it’s an ivory, I need to not be seen as a threat but still survive to avoid it being me that gets Moried. And if it’s a cypress...the game’s over regardless, so may as well see the cool animation.

    On the flipside, if, as so many people complain about, the killer proxy camps and Moried me as soon as I get unhooked, ok, cool, whatever, I wasn’t going to have fun in that game anyway, but the killer was kind enough to let me out of that game so I could find another one. It’s like a DC...but instead of being perceived as a jerk by 4 other people for leaving, I’m 100% allowed to leave the match by a game mechanic.

    So please, don’t assume I’m a killer main disregarding survivor feelings. I play both sides, and Moris are a fun alternative style of play, OR a good way to get out of an unfun match in a completely legal, non “being a dick” way. Just depends on how the killer plays it.

  • Yeah I don't get it either. What difference would it make? Would you not try to avoid the killer anyway? It would be cool for a survivor to see them too. I know it is for me

  • @ygizmo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/963682#Comment_963682

    It's probably because it's super unfun and unfair to go against? Just a thought, I know it's hard to process for some of you.

    Because 4 Tool box's all running brand new parts isn't unfun and unfair to go against either? Biased as hell.

  • I've never DCed over an offering but it's usually an ebony mori which I do sigh loudly every single time. It's especially fun right now since it's double BP for everyone and not just killers who have BBQ all the time.

    @Ashlich said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/963687#Comment_963687

    Because 4 Tool box's all running brand new parts isn't unfun and unfair to go against either? Biased as hell.

    I've been playing this game for more than a year and I've never seen that happen, and I've never done it on the rare occasion I have a four man SWF. Too bad there's nothing like Franklin's to counter it though.

  • @underlord99 said:

    Why do so many survivors DC over a hidden offering ?

    Same reason killers lobby dodge keys

  • Not different from dodging Lobbies because of certain Items/Survivors/SWFs. The outcome is the same, longer Waiting Time for all other players involved, but it does not hurt anyone like DCing midgame.

    So I get why people dodge Moris.

  • Similar reason to why killers dodge lobbies they don't want, and exactly the same reason that some killers alt+f4/force close the app if they see undesirable offerings like Haddonfield or maps that screw their killer of choice over hard.

    It's no deeper than that. People see something they don't want to deal with and avoid it.


    Besides, depending on how DC penalties get implemented doing this in any way might be punished in the future. If force closing the game in any way counts as a DC in the offering/loading screen moris, map offerings as well as any last second switches the survivors do can't be dodged without punishment in the first place.

  • @Ashlich said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/963687#Comment_963687

    Because 4 Tool box's all running brand new parts isn't unfun and unfair to go against either? Biased as hell.

    How many times did you REALLY verse 4 toolboxes all with bnp's?Probably 2,3 times.In my 2.5k hours of playing the game i faced that twice.First time i lost,second time i was playing reworked freddy and got a 2k,i was using alot of slowdowns perks/so i'd make sense

  • You see the toolboxes (maybe not all 4 but even 2-3) a lot more often than youd think. I think moris and keys are both fine, you can get the guy who has the key forst amd be done with it, likewise, if you avoid the killer and do gens its hard to mori people you cant find 🤷‍♂️

  • @underlord99 said:

    Why do so many survivors DC over a hidden offering ?

    Because it is extremely unbalanced and unlike killers survivors dont know what they are up against

  • @luka2211 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/963745#Comment_963745

    How many times did you REALLY verse 4 toolboxes all with bnp's?Probably 2,3 times.In my 2.5k hours of playing the game i faced that twice.First time i lost,second time i was playing reworked freddy and got a 2k,i was using alot of slowdowns perks/so i'd make sense

    Yeah I verse it pretty often so that argument is invalid. And it is not about facing it often, is about when you do you can have a chance of winning

  • @DepressedClownMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/963888#Comment_963888

    Yeah I verse it pretty often so that argument is invalid. And it is not about facing it often, is about when you do you can have a chance of winning

    provide screenshots please :)

  • @underlord99 said:

    Why do so many survivors DC over a hidden offering ?

    Same reason killers dc if they see keys or multiple toolboxes. Nobody wants a bad gaming experience. Is it shady? Maybe

  • @SquirrelKnight said:

    You see the toolboxes (maybe not all 4 but even 2-3) a lot more often than youd think. I think moris and keys are both fine, you can get the guy who has the key forst amd be done with it, likewise, if you avoid the killer and do gens its hard to mori people you cant find 🤷‍♂️

    I bring in broken keys to make killers panic. Then when game starts I drop it right where I spawn as broken keys are stupid pointless. It’s funny after to see they brought in franklins for no reason.

  • Sometimes I like to bring in a Cypress Mori to see if anyone DCs. :P

  • This is exactly the only thing Cypress Mori's are good for. It's insane how many DC's you can bait with those.

  • @underlord99 said:

    Why do so many survivors DC over a hidden offering ?

    Probably a key reason is that you don't get any penalties if you close DBD at the offering screen, you don't even Depip.

    Hidden offerings from the killer normally means it's a mori, which can make a game incredibly unenjoyable. If a survivor is having a run of bad games and then they see a hidden offering, then they are more likely to close the game.

    I personally refuse to use Mori's and keys. because I think both are currently broken in their current state, need to be reworked. Even for the rift challenge I only used broken keys. I only use a mori if it's for a daily or if I see a survivor with a key.

  • I never encounter this problem. Because I never bring moris. Because moris are for trash killers.

  • @underlord99 said:

    Why do so many survivors DC over a hidden offering ?

    Snapchat-1167722465.jpg

    I don't endorse DCing, but many survivors have DC'd when I didn't use a mori and I bet they were surprised when they figured out it wasn't a mori. 😁

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/117054/dcing-over-a-hidden-offering

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/235/HX3AXJTZBHJQ.jpg

    I don't endorse DCing, but many survivors have DC'd when I didn't use a mori and I bet they were surprised when they figured out it wasn't a mori. 😁

    That's exactly what I'm doing

    Exactly

  • One of my friends does this. She refuses to play against Mori’s. I think she has PTSD, as almost every Mori match she’s played, she’s been instantly downed from the hook and killed. So I can see why she doesn’t feel like playing those matches. I’m not sure why people love them so much. Unless you plan to use it after a survivors second hook, you’re just denying yourself bloodpoints.

  • No reason to have ebony mori in the game or at least, make it only useable after the second hook. Bad killers tend to tunnel, to use their mori. I have just too often encountered such people.

  • @BaldursGate2 said:

    No reason to have ebony mori in the game or at least, make it only useable after the second hook. Bad killers tend to tunnel, to use their mori. I have just too often encountered such people.

    If they're bad then why are you worried?

  • Because they need to remove the offering animation or just not show hidden ones.

  • Because every bad killer can just tunnel you and down you once more, even when the others do 5 gens in the meantime, you have still a miserable game.

  • I dont screenshot it everytime but I have one from yesterday. I need to blur the image and I dont really want to do it

  • @DepressedClownMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/963888#Comment_963888

    Yeah I verse it pretty often so that argument is invalid. And it is not about facing it often, is about when you do you can have a chance of winning

    Ha, that's a lie!

  • So, I usually don't condone DCing when there's a mori. I find mori's fun, both as killer and as survivor (because unlike the overwhelming majority of sweaty betty's in this community, I know DBD is only a game)....BUT, if you bring a mori during double bloodpoints, you're either baiting DC's, or just trying to mine salt.

    You're lucky they're doing it during the loading screen and not as soon as the game starts to waste your offering.

  • When the offering

    Doesnt flip

    It just wiggles

    A little bit

    That's a mori!

  • @DepressedClownMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/964116#Comment_964116

    I dont screenshot it everytime but I have one from yesterday. I need to blur the image and I dont really want to do it

    cause bluring is so hard :) Send it if you have it then,i don't believe otherwise

  • @luka2211 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/964364#Comment_964364

    cause bluring is so hard :) Send it if you have it then,i don't believe otherwise

    Honestly, why is a screenshot so important? I can literally say that unless you send me 3 screenshots of games that there were no brand new parts I wouldn't believe you dont face them often, and you could just take the only 3 in a 1000 games and they would be used to prove something wrong.

    IMG-20200105-WA0000.jpg


  • @underlord99 said:

    Why do so many survivors DC over a hidden offering ?

    Probably not as many as you think, tbh. A good half of the times I see a secret killer offering, someone ends up with the loading screen crash bug. It seems that these offerings play some part in its trigger.

  • @SunderMun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/117054/dcing-over-a-hidden-offering

    Probably not as many as you think, tbh. A good half of the times I see a secret killer offering, someone ends up with the loading screen crash bug. It seems that these offerings play some part in its trigger.

    Much more likely that someone Alt+F4s or kills the process in the task manager during loading because of the potential mori which causes issues for everyone else.

  • @Madjura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/966001#Comment_966001

    Much more likely that someone Alt+F4s or kills the process in the task manager during loading because of the potential mori which causes issues for everyone else.

    Right, except if you actually played survivor at all, then you'd have had the loading screen bug crash you out of the game a ton at this point. BPS also do the same thing.

  • I have never DC because of an offering. Most times I even forget to check what offerings were used, I get in a lobby, ping is ok, I press ready and go do something until the lobby fills up and the match starts to load. If a killer uses a mori, well, there will be other matches with no moris, but just quitting because of that is dumb, in my opinion.

  • I don't DC against mori but I get it. Often a killer who uses a mori is either doing a daily or is targeting someone specifically. In which case they hover near the hook and wait for the unhook to tunnel and mori. Not worth having a short game with little BP gain quite honestly. It's less annoying to just suicide on hook if it's one of those killers. Full disclaimer obviously not every killer does that but it happens enough that I don't blame anyone for dodging a mori.

    Personally I'd like mori's to be in a state where they're not hidden such as requiring two hooks before mori. Not phases on hook but actual hooks on a survivor meaning they'd have to be unhooked once and you'd have to re-hook them before getting a chance to mori them. Would discourage hook hovering and there wouldn't be a point to mori's needing to be hidden anymore because at this point I doubt BHVR completely hides them anyway so might as well go for consistency with other offerings. Each side should also get a BP reward as well for a mori. Survivor being a consolation prize and the killer for performing a mori similar to how BP is rewarded for an obsession kill.

    @The_Second_Coming said:

    So, I usually don't condone DCing when there's a mori. I find mori's fun, both as killer and as survivor (because unlike the overwhelming majority of sweaty betty's in this community, I know DBD is only a game)....BUT, if you bring a mori during double bloodpoints, you're either baiting DC's, or just trying to mine salt.

    You're lucky they're doing it during the loading screen and not as soon as the game starts to waste your offering.

    Would it matter though if a killer lost a mori? I swear I'm tripping over at least one every blood web because they're so common even as an ultra rare. I have over 200 throughout my killers just sitting there for when I Want to use them. Also for some people 200 is a pretty small amount.

  • @SquirrelKnight said:

    You see the toolboxes (maybe not all 4 but even 2-3) a lot more often than youd think. I think moris and keys are both fine, you can get the guy who has the key forst amd be done with it, likewise, if you avoid the killer and do gens its hard to mori people you cant find 🤷‍♂️

    just do gens, 4Head, ez

  • @LordRegal said:

    People just assume there’s a Mori, and don’t feel like playing the game. Which is completely not reasonable - it’s not probable to be an ebony, and even if it is there’s no saying the killer will be good and get to use it.

    Occasionally I throw the separation shroud on and then when I could Mori someone (if I had one) I spam M1 looking down at them as if I were trying to get the Mori started. 9/10 times it results in a DC, and I find it hilarious. Gotta make the best of a dumb situation.

    Okay satan

  • @DepressedClownMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/964541#Comment_964541

    Honestly, why is a screenshot so important? I can literally say that unless you send me 3 screenshots of games that there were no brand new parts I wouldn't believe you dont face them often, and you could just take the only 3 in a 1000 games and they would be used to prove something wrong.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/541/YETE3X9GD6VB.jpg

    And it apparently didn't matter cause they all sucked and there were only two of em.My point was that getting a team like that was very rare,and believe me if i screenshoted 100 games in a row as killer i doubt 1 team would have those items/addons

  • Your claim made it sound like you often vers against all 4 Survivors having BNP, which I've literally never versed ever. But I have played 1000s of games as Survivor and Killer where not a single player uses a BNP add-on.

  • @luka2211 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/966000#Comment_966000

    And it apparently didn't matter cause they all sucked and there were only two of em.My point was that getting a team like that was very rare,and believe me if i screenshoted 100 games in a row as killer i doubt 1 team would have those items/addons

    They popped 2 gens in 40 seconds, I just moried the claudette really quickly because het bio was mori me pussy and I didnt have an Ivory

  • @Thasard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/965961#Comment_965961

    Your claim made it sound like you often vers against all 4 Survivors having BNP, which I've literally never versed ever. But I have played 1000s of games as Survivor and Killer where not a single player uses a BNP add-on.

    My claim was that unlike a survivor, a killer sees the items he is up against and when they see 4 toolboxes like I did, they can prepare better

  • @DepressedClownMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/966475#Comment_966475

    My claim was that unlike a survivor, a killer sees the items he is up against and when they see 4 toolboxes like I did, they can prepare better

    Ok, that I agree with. Having that information up front gives the killer the chance to change their setup, or in most cases for me, they just lobby dodge if they don't like what they see. Better to see a Survivor with a key than to get shocked by one found in a Chest.

  • @DepressedClownMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/966451#Comment_966451

    They popped 2 gens in 40 seconds, I just moried the claudette really quickly because het bio was mori me pussy and I didnt have an Ivory

    makes more sense

  • @LordRegal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/963687#Comment_963687

    No need to be angry about the topic. As is, I think DCing in any circumstance when a game is 10-15 min on average is unacceptable. I like going against Moris when I’m surviving because it brings the element of fear back. I got hooked, if it’s an ebony I literally cannot go down again, and that lends tension. If it’s an ivory, I need to not be seen as a threat but still survive to avoid it being me that gets Moried. And if it’s a cypress...the game’s over regardless, so may as well see the cool animation.

    On the flipside, if, as so many people complain about, the killer proxy camps and Moried me as soon as I get unhooked, ok, cool, whatever, I wasn’t going to have fun in that game anyway, but the killer was kind enough to let me out of that game so I could find another one. It’s like a DC...but instead of being perceived as a jerk by 4 other people for leaving, I’m 100% allowed to leave the match by a game mechanic.

    So please, don’t assume I’m a killer main disregarding survivor feelings. I play both sides, and Moris are a fun alternative style of play, OR a good way to get out of an unfun match in a completely legal, non “being a dick” way. Just depends on how the killer plays it.

    Until you get farmed off hook Infront of killer and have 0 chance of escape

  • @underlord99 said:

    Why do so many survivors DC over a hidden offering ?

    If there is a mori followed by a DC or quick death and then the killer gets me with 5 gens remaining I will just give up, I mean, it is a sordid affair after all.

  • @Zamblot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/963690#Comment_963690

    Until you get farmed off hook Infront of killer and have 0 chance of escape

    That falls into my second part of the paragraph. If you're being farmed off the hook, you aren't going to have fun that game anyway. Therefore, may as well go out in a more interesting way than just getting sacrificed on hook, and move on to the next game with whatever points you got, rather than DC, tick off four other players, and not get rewarded with any points for it. A mori is really just a DC that's allowed, in that case. That's how I choose to look at them in the scenarios where my team screws me over, or the killer camps and tunnels.

    Plus, regardless of your opinion on moris, getting farmed off the hook is a reason to be mad at the survivor doing it, not the killer.

  • @LordRegal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/966892#Comment_966892

    That falls into my second part of the paragraph. If you're being farmed off the hook, you aren't going to have fun that game anyway. Therefore, may as well go out in a more interesting way than just getting sacrificed on hook, and move on to the next game with whatever points you got, rather than DC, tick off four other players, and not get rewarded with any points for it. A mori is really just a DC that's allowed, in that case. That's how I choose to look at them in the scenarios where my team screws me over, or the killer camps and tunnels.

    Plus, regardless of your opinion on moris, getting farmed off the hook is a reason to be mad at the survivor doing it, not the killer.

    Yh I don't like DCers, really pisses me off as a survivor anyway even with a Mori since it makes a nearly impossible unfair game impossible. I was just making a joke. There is however a simple fix to this. Make secret offerings actually secret BUT nerf moris into the ground (they are way too OP, I can see them allowing you to kill the survivor after 2 hooks to nullify things such as DS and maybe to compensate allow it to act as if the survivor has been hooked (like BBQ and chilli still procs so moris arent utterly useless))