Breakout is gonna be nerfed

Survivor main talking here.

Breakout for me is a op perk, because 20% is too fast for wiggle, if this perk is used on a swf, the others survs tank, the killer can literally make nothing, just one person tanking using breakout is enough for the carried survivor escape, for me this perk is gonna be nerfed to 10% wiggle bonus

pls rework balacing landing <3

😪



Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I hope not dont want a perk ruined just because of survive with friends

  • Do we know it stacks with itself?

  • @Vetrathene no , the perk dont stacks but 20% is reallt fast for a wiggle

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    I hope not dont want a perk ruined just because of survive with friends

    It wont be because of SWF.

    I have more randoms take hits for me than my team when I SWF lmao.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/870410#Comment_870410

    It wont be because of SWF.

    I have more randoms take hits for me than my team when I SWF lmao.

    still this perk shouldn't be Nerfed it's gonna be pretty good in conjunction with mettle of man


  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/870426#Comment_870426

    still this perk shouldn't be Nerfed it's gonna be pretty good in conjunction with mettle of man

    I agree - people complain about the "survivor meta", but there literally hasn't been a good perk for survivors in a very long time that wasn't nerfed.


    the meta perks at the moment are what, Balanced/Sprint/DH/Adrenaline/BT/Borrowed Which have all been in the game for years.

  • Going to be a nightmare for killers should all 4 run this. Prepare to get slugged constantly

  • I hope not. 120% wiggle speed shaves less than three seconds off the 16-seconds it takes to wiggle off by default. Half the time, there's a hook nearby enough that that won't even make a difference. Not to mention it's a pretty big risk for the player running the perk. Reducing it to 10% would make it not worth running at all.

  • @csandman1977 said:

    Going to be a nightmare for killers should all 4 run this. Prepare to get slugged constantly

    As if that isn't happening anyway, especially with Oni coming out.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/870430#Comment_870430

    I agree - people complain about the "survivor meta", but there literally hasn't been a good perk for survivors in a very long time that wasn't nerfed.

    the meta perks at the moment are what, Balanced/Sprint/DH/Adrenaline/BT/Borrowed Which have all been in the game for years.

    You forgot DS

  • Oh yea, the perk that isn't even seen in every game anymore.

    Again, been in the game for years, doesn't change my statement.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/870430#Comment_870430

    I agree - people complain about the "survivor meta", but there literally hasn't been a good perk for survivors in a very long time that wasn't nerfed.

    the meta perks at the moment are what, Balanced/Sprint/DH/Adrenaline/BT/Borrowed Which have all been in the game for years.

    killers always look at new perks in terror wouldn't you want actually semi decent survivor perks so survivors would stop using meta

  • I doubt it... as the killer you’re meant to just drop the survivor you’re carrying immediately if you see another survivor in range and take that momentum.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    Mad Grit says hi.

    Ohhhh I'll be surprise if any killer main using that perk just for counter 1 perk

  • I never got to use this perk, is it that strong? Do you think the increased movement speed is worth it, I know it's meant to trick the Killer into swinging.

  • @MyName123 said:

    Survivor main talking here.

    Breakout for me is a op perk, because 20% is too fast for wiggle, if this perk is used on a swf, the others survs tank, the killer can literally make nothing, just one person tanking using breakout is enough for the carried survivor escape, for me this perk is gonna be nerfed to 10% wiggle bonus

    pls rework balacing landing <3

    😪

    

    don't forget that you also get a hast effect to so dodging the killers M1's is easier since you are faster

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/870460#Comment_870460

    Oh yea, the perk that isn't even seen in every game anymore.

    Again, been in the game for years, doesn't change my statement.

    I see DS in almost every game I play lmao, would love to play the games you're playing .

  • So lemme get this straight... Break out is the counter to iron grasp?!


    and here i thought boil over and agitation was bad..

  • @underlord99 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/870462#Comment_870462

    I see DS in almost every game I play lmao, would love to play the games you're playing .

    Good job even if it's in your game it's easily counterable.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/870733#Comment_870733

    Good job even if it's in your game it's easily counterable.

    never said it wasnt, just saying that you're apparently the only one who doesnt have DS in any of your games and that I would like to play the same matches you're playing.

  • @underlord99 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/870799#Comment_870799

    never said it wasnt, just saying that you're apparently the only one who doesnt have DS in any of your games and that I would like to play the same matches you're playing.

    "isn't even seen in every game anymore"

    Totally said it's not in any of my games any more.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/870803#Comment_870803

    "isn't even seen in every game anymore"

    Totally said it's not in any of my games any more.

    my statement still stands. would love to play the same matches you're playing

  • @underlord99 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/870807#Comment_870807

    my statement still stands. would love to play the same matches you're playing

    firefox 27-11 1574841389 .png firefox 27-11 1574841419 .png firefox 27-11 1574841505 .png

    You're welcome to them, this is in one 2 hour session of killer only, playing at around rank 6, ended up at rank 4. I haven't been playing killer lately because well, as you can see it's pretty easy.

    For what it's worth in the 2 hour session I don't think there was a single game that didn't end in me getting less than a 3K lmao.

  • no not at all I like niche perk combinations like this one hopefully

  • I hope they keep Breakout a strong perk. We need more actually useful perks *cough cough mindbreaker cough cough*.

  • Breakout is a Perk like every Survivor Perk of the past 5 Chapters or so:

    It will not be used. People will probably try it (maybe in combination with Mettle of Man, but two bad Perks that somewhat might have a synergy dont become good Perks...) but after two weeks, nobody will use it.

    I mean, I have heard in a Stream where the Streamer was like "Oh, and imagine all 4 using it, with Flashlights"... This will not happen. Even 4 man SWFs will stick to BT/DS/DH/Adrenaline.

    We dont have many Survivor Perks which can be considered Meta, we got even one less with the BL-Nerf. And Breakout (or any of Yuis Perks) will not become Meta.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Breakout is a Perk like every Survivor Perk of the past 5 Chapters or so:

    It will not be used. People will probably try it (maybe in combination with Mettle of Man, but two bad Perks that somewhat might have a synergy dont become good Perks...) but after two weeks, nobody will use it.

    I mean, I have heard in a Stream where the Streamer was like "Oh, and imagine all 4 using it, with Flashlights"... This will not happen. Even 4 man SWFs will stick to BT/DS/DH/Adrenaline.

    We dont have many Survivor Perks which can be considered Meta, we got even one less with the BL-Nerf. And Breakout (or any of Yuis Perks) will not become Meta.

    The one where you can raise a pallet back might be pretty good, assuming the killer doesn't break them all immediately, but most of the time they'll leave one or so in a chase just so they can't break bloodlust. I mean unless it's a Spirit Fury+Enduring killer.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/870810#Comment_870810

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/911/6Y4NGNQ0TYFS.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/564/M58JD8EHJU6K.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/253/J92TQ5PSA36J.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/175/ODBXNKG507MO.png

    You're welcome to them, this is in one 2 hour session of killer only, playing at around rank 6, ended up at rank 4. I haven't been playing killer lately because well, as you can see it's pretty easy.

    For what it's worth in the 2 hour session I don't think there was a single game that didn't end in me getting less than a 3K lmao.

    What ranks are you playing? From the screenshots you show it looks like you also missed to add Selfcare to your meta list. I see more games with 4 DS than games with no DS. I even see more games with at least one DS/Unbreakable combo than without DS

  • @Atrushan88 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/870948#Comment_870948

    The one where you can raise a pallet back might be pretty good, assuming the killer doesn't break them all immediately, but most of the time they'll leave one or so in a chase just so they can't break bloodlust. I mean unless it's a Spirit Fury+Enduring killer.

    That perk might still get near meta. I would guess you will not see it in almost every game, but being able to raise one of the two god pallets of each map like killer shack in general, pig tree, behind the main puildings in torment creek or wretched shop, in disturbed ward main building, any one or two to make pallet town even more annoying, in general against dream pallets... There are quite a few that can give good survivors a good advantage. If this becomes more frequent, killers will have to destroy pallets more frequently, wich gives an overall advantage to survivors if killers have to destroy pallets by default instead of outplaying them if possible

  • @Deadeye said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/870954#Comment_870954

    That perk might still get near meta. I would guess you will not see it in almost every game, but being able to raise one of the two god pallets of each map like killer shack in general, pig tree, behind the main puildings in torment creek or wretched shop, in disturbed ward main building, any one or two to make pallet town even more annoying, in general against dream pallets... There are quite a few that can give good survivors a good advantage. If this becomes more frequent, killers will have to destroy pallets more frequently, wich gives an overall advantage to survivors if killers have to destroy pallets by default instead of outplaying them if possible

    I don't think it will be a great perk in practice. It's only useable if a killer chooses to walk away and leave a pallet unbroken, and any killer worth their salt will destroy god pallets as soon as they get the chance.

  • On paper it sounds like Breakout is one of those high risk, low reward Perks.


    • You need to stay near the killer, and will possibly get spotted and hit early (Perk Radius is 6m!). It's contrary to what you should do (that is, keep your distance).
    • You're not doing your objective if you follow the killer to a hook.
    • Even if the survivor that was carried to the hook wiggles free, you (and that survivor) still might be in a dead zone with no vaults or pallets.


    Let's see if it's really that useful. Highly doubt it. More so, I don't think it will become a new meta Perk. But I need to use it (for a few days), to see if it really works.

  • @dont_ask_me_again said:

    I doubt it... as the killer you’re meant to just drop the survivor you’re carrying immediately if you see another survivor in range and take that momentum.

    No, because then the survivor will gain wiggling progress. It'd be stupid to do that.

  • @Pizzaman said:

    On paper it sounds like Breakout is one of those high risk, low reward Perks.

    • You need to stay near the killer, and will possibly get spotted and hit early (Perk Radius is 6m!). It's contrary to what you should do (that is, keep your distance).
    • You're not doing your objective if you follow the killer to a hook.
    • Even if the survivor that was carried to the hook wiggles free, you (and that survivor) still might be in a dead zone with no vaults or pallets.

    Let's see if it's really that useful. Highly doubt it. More so, I don't think it will become a new meta Perk. But I need to use it (for a few days), to see if it really works.

    Not sure if it is low reward. The thing is, I always asked myself why wiggling is a thing at all because it nearly never rescues you. Just think how much it would change the outcome if lets say every fifth hook is denied. There are at most 12 hooks in the game. Adding one or two per game would be like "Do 6 gens". Which is like applying Pop goes the weasle 4 times (with full effect). That is quite a bit. So I would not underestimate the effect. If you manage to sabo the right hook in time it is already a huge effect, but hard to achieve (for a good reason). I think sabo squads might be revived at least for some time when this perk goes live

  • I'm 100% ok with survivors using Breakout, it won't make a difference and they'll be using a trash perk with no value. Maybe occasionally hopping off due to Basement plays.

    As for me as Survivor, I'll run it for memes and people who take hits like my friends.

  • Personally I think this perk is awful in design. It's either useless or game changing, since letting a survivor drop can sometimes be the difference between a win and a loss with current gen times.

  • @Deadeye said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/870824#Comment_870824

    What ranks are you playing? From the screenshots you show it looks like you also missed to add Selfcare to your meta list. I see more games with 4 DS than games with no DS. I even see more games with at least one DS/Unbreakable combo than without DS

    If you read my comment you'd know what rank o was playing at lmao. Self care is not meta anymore at all, regardless my statement has t changed all meta perks are 2 years old because every good survivor perk is only mediocre good

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    I hope not dont want a perk ruined just because of survive with friends

    Unfortunately they are already ruining the entire game. A few perks here and there are nothing compared to the overall health of the game since you can be a sweaty toxic squad without perks.

  • @Deadeye said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/871074#Comment_871074

    Not sure if it is low reward. The thing is, I always asked myself why wiggling is a thing at all because it nearly never rescues you. Just think how much it would change the outcome if lets say every fifth hook is denied. There are at most 12 hooks in the game. Adding one or two per game would be like "Do 6 gens". Which is like applying Pop goes the weasle 4 times (with full effect). That is quite a bit. So I would not underestimate the effect. If you manage to sabo the right hook in time it is already a huge effect, but hard to achieve (for a good reason). I think sabo squads might be revived at least for some time when this perk goes live

    Wiggling exists to stop killers carrying you around indefinitely

  • If it does get nerf it won't be until the chapter after this one.

  • @DingDongs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/870473#Comment_870473

    Ohhhh I'll be surprise if any killer main using that perk just for counter 1 perk

    I use it for my meme build. ;)

  • Mad Grit meta incoming

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/870460#Comment_870460

    Oh yea, the perk that isn't even seen in every game anymore.

    Again, been in the game for years, doesn't change my statement.

    Are you serious? There are a minimum of 2-3 in most matches. It’s the best perk in the game.

  • @MyName123 said:

    Survivor main talking here.

    Breakout for me is a op perk, because 20% is too fast for wiggle, if this perk is used on a swf, the others survs tank, the killer can literally make nothing, just one person tanking using breakout is enough for the carried survivor escape, for me this perk is gonna be nerfed to 10% wiggle bonus

    pls rework balacing landing <3

    😪

    

    One person use isnt nearly enough to make people escape.

  • @Fibijean said:

    I hope not. 120% wiggle speed shaves less than three seconds off the 16-seconds it takes to wiggle off by default. Half the time, there's a hook nearby enough that that won't even make a difference. Not to mention it's a pretty big risk for the player running the perk. Reducing it to 10% would make it not worth running at all.

    Quick maths

    16/1.2 = 13.333...

    Iron Grasp say "Time to struggle out of your grasp is increased by 12%" so the formula could be either;

    16 * 1.12 = 17.92

    OR

    16/0.88 = 18.18

    I'm going to lean towards the first since it increases the time, not decreases the speed.

    So if you have Iron Grasp and a survivor has Breakout the formula should be

    17.92/1.2 = 14.93

    Or about a second less than normal.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/870448#Comment_870448

    Quick maths

    16/1.2 = 13.333...

    Iron Grasp say "Time to struggle out of your grasp is increased by 12%" so the formula could be either;

    16 * 1.12 = 17.92

    OR

    16/0.88 = 18.18

    I'm going to lean towards the first since it increases the time, not decreases the speed.

    So if you have Iron Grasp and a survivor has Breakout the formula should be

    17.92/1.2 = 14.93

    Or about a second less than normal.

    Yep. So it counters Iron Grasp, but only barely, and only if you can get it to activate properly.

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/872102#Comment_872102

    Yep. So it counters Iron Grasp, but only barely, and only if you can get it to activate properly.

    Counters the extended time. It doesn't counter the wiggle effects, the survivor you are carrying would need Boil Over for that.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/872108#Comment_872108

    Counters the extended time. It doesn't counter the wiggle effects, the survivor you are carrying would need Boil Over for that.

    True, but I honestly doubt anyone who uses Iron Grasp does so for the wiggle effect reduction. The wiggle effect makes very little difference to escape chance, and is already easily mitigated by any decent killer. Still, fair point - Break Out is not as powerful as many people are assuming when you really break it down.

  • @ASAPTurtle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/870470#Comment_870470

    No, because then the survivor will gain wiggling progress. It'd be stupid to do that.

    Yeah it would be a terrible idea to chase this other person, down them and then pick up the other person you were carrying instead.

    You don’t pick them up... you pick up the survivor you were chasing instead.

  • That means no survivors would be doing gens...

‹ 1 2