This "Halloween event" has 0 atmosphere

Nothing special ingame. Just a few pumpkins on gens which literally do nothing when activated. Yaaaaawn, is there anything else more boring and lazy than this?

It just took me 5 minutes of brainstorming to get much better ideas for this event (which I could share in a different post).

Comments

  • i was at least hoping for killer hooks to glow or... something. i thought gens were going to be covered in blight. but there is not blight, just pumpkins... boy the event sure did wither this year didnt it?

  • I can agree. The Christmas/Holiday event at least has amazing music. The Archives are pretty cool, though. It's nice to get some more extra lore and bloodpoints.

  • Yeah but it has spooky pumpkins that are facing the wall and you can't even see their face sometimes though

  • Halloween events is usually where I spend the most money on free games due to the cool events and cosmetics.

    The money I have spent in DbD for the last TWO Halloween events: $0

    Games I HAVE spent money: DCUO, ESO, Warframe, FFXIV.

  • 2017 was the last year the game had actual atmosphere

  • To make it even worse, the stupid looking pumpkin gens give LESS blood points than an escape cake. With 2-3 you would be better using a green offering for points

  • @johnmwarner said:

    To make it even worse, the stupid looking pumpkin gens give LESS blood points than an escape cake. With 2-3 you would be better using a green offering for points

    Really? Guess thats why no ones using the offerings...

  • Last years was 1000x better, that's for sure. Everythings stuck behind a pay wall now unless you play for a month straight. Oh well

  • Remember how they hired a team last year to make events awesome?


    That for sure paid off

  • @Usui said:

    Last years was 1000x better, that's for sure. Everythings stuck behind a pay wall now unless you play for a month straight. Oh well

    Lmao what how is everything stuck behind a paywall? There's a free track on the archives which grants you the ability to get the halloween cosmetics

  • @Attackfrog said:

    Halloween events is usually where I spend the most money on free games due to the cool events and cosmetics.

    The money I have spent in DbD for the last TWO Halloween events: $0

    Games I HAVE spent money: DCUO, ESO, Warframe, FFXIV.

    The halloween cosmetics this year are cool... Have you seen the clown and spirit

  • They shoulda made the mist orange

  • @Mookywolf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/801360#Comment_801360

    Really? Guess thats why no ones using the offerings...

    Yep, you get 3000 as a survivor for every special gen done so IF everyone uses a holiday offering and IF those 5 gens get done you get an extra 15k... whereas even a decent game as survivor with an escape cake you can get more than that.

    Same for killer, but most killers aren’t bringing one because the hooks aren’t always close enough.

    so assuming the killer doesn’t being one and even one teammate doesn’t, you’re looking at max 9k bonus so you’re better off using a green Altruistic offering to get 8k possible

  • Halloween should be the biggest annual event for this game and it's so disappointing. They need to do holiday overlays for the maps. I don't expect every map, but there should be one map each Halloween updated with a visual overlay. Add some jack-o'-lanterns, spooky music, maybe abandon trick or treat bags and other Halloween themed visuals. It's very disappointing.

  • @Nicholas said:

    Halloween should be the biggest annual event for this game and it's so disappointing. They need to do holiday overlays for the maps. I don't expect every map, but there should be one map each Halloween updated with a visual overlay. Add some jack-o'-lanterns, spooky music, maybe abandon trick or treat bags and other Halloween themed visuals. It's very disappointing.

    This, completely agree. They dropped the ball on the "Halloween event" this year, if you can even call it that. If you're not going to give the game a temporary make over for the holiday your "event" is based around, then why even bother? It's like when people just do the absolute bare minimum decorating for Halloween. They just put a single pumpkin on their door step and say "alright, I'm finished decorating for Halloween". 🙄

  • Don't you like pumpkin generators?


  • @se05239 said:

    Don't you like pumpkin generators?

    I love those pumpkins, they are so cute.

  • @se05239 said:

    Don't you like pumpkin generators?

    The Jack-o'-Lantern generators and Blight hooks are cool, but you get 1 a game without Offerings and nothing else.

    They don't even do anything special. No fireworks. No BBQ sizzle. No slushy machine noises. No fleshy gross noises. They're just a reskinned gen and a reskinned hook.

    IDK, it's just pretty lame that that's it. There's the spooky menu too I guess (you can't even see the pumpkins half the time), but nothing else.

    No spooky atmosphere. :/

  • @thedevalex said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/801350#Comment_801350

    The halloween cosmetics this year are cool... Have you seen the clown and spirit

    While i DO think they look cool and are well done, I have never really liked them. I always thought they are just too bright.

    I prefer something darker or more gorey so I never spent money on them. I have a few I earned in past events but never use them. I do think the art team makes them look really great, just not in a direction I would prefer.

  • I disagree. There is very $trong atmo$phere $$$

  • Atleast the 3 year Anniversary Gens farted when you finished them. This game just may need to die. It's basically a free to play phone game at this point. I hate to say that because I do indeed like it, but it has gone to hell over the last 2 years.

    And still loaded with BUGS.

  • I agree. Halloween should be the biggest event for a horror game like dbd. I remember when there was summer bbq and hallowed blight - those were great events, only needing minor improvements. This is just a soulless cash grab.

  • why is an event? its just a few pumpkins?

  • the event is sabotaging hooks at costing killers bloodpoints theres your event

  • @thedevalex said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/801371#Comment_801371

    Lmao what how is everything stuck behind a paywall? There's a free track on the archives which grants you the ability to get the halloween cosmetics

    And here we have another bootlicker that is willing to pay for everything the very incompetent devs throw at us. This event is pure ######### compared to literally every other event they've had and any other game is having at the moment. I truly don't want to support the devs any further with this kinda paywall and bullshit they're throwing at us. I mean hell, even Mattieu comes from EA so this kinda BS is expected, he just hid it for this long.

  • @Captain_Spaulding said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/801387#Comment_801387

    And here we have another bootlicker that is willing to pay for everything the very incompetent devs throw at us. This event is pure ######### compared to literally every other event they've had and any other game is having at the moment. I truly don't want to support the devs any further with this kinda paywall and bullshit they're throwing at us. I mean hell, even Mattieu comes from EA so this kinda BS is expected, he just hid it for this long.

    Is this an event or is it “surprise disappointment?”

  • They only put effort to where they can make money aka cosmetics

  • @pemberley said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/802995#Comment_802995

    Is this an event or is it “surprise disappointment?”

    por que no los dos?

  • A fast question for you guys! Are we supposed to get only 1k BP from the event gens ? Cause I don't know if it was a dream but I thought I saw sometihng like 3k or 4k yesterday for a gen or was it my eyes ?

  • Ps4 wait times are absolutely terrible. Double blood points and I cannot get a game

  • @Haku said:

    A fast question got you guys. Are we supposed to get only 1k BP from the event gens ? Cause I don't know if it was a dream but I thought I saw sometihng like 3k or 4k yesterday for a gen or was it my eyes ?

    If you burn an event offering, you get 3k per event gen. If you don't, it's 1k per event gen. (I think those are the correct numbers. But yeah, you get more points if you burn the event offering.)

  • @Haku said:

    A fast question got you guys. Are we supposed to get only 1k BP from the event gens ? Cause I don't know if it was a dream but I thought I saw sometihng like 3k or 4k yesterday for a gen or was it my eyes ?

    1k if you don't burn the offering, otherwise 3k

  • @Desolate_Sands said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/803107#Comment_803107

    You only get 3-4k when you are actually running the event offering, otherwise it is 1k.

    It's weaker than the other events sure, but at the same time, how can you complain about double BP?

    And of course they only put effort where they can make money.....what planet do you guys live on? Software developers are not cheap to employ.

    Personally, I love the charms.

    Uh I can certainly complain because people like to believe this is a small indie company. Wrong. It is the biggest indie company in Canada with multiple backers and investors such as Disney and Xbox. I expect more because I know they are capable of so much more yet want us to believe their ######### lies that they can't do much. Wrong. They can do a lot but choose not to. I'm simply waiting for the community to realize their lies and stop buying into it and buying their crap products.

  • Yeah that error message could have been in orange that would be great. If you could play the game at all that would be even better. Perhaps next Halloween the game will work again.

  • @justarandy said:

    Nothing special ingame. Just a few pumpkins on gens which literally do nothing when activated. Yaaaaawn, is there anything else more boring and lazy than this?

    It just took me 5 minutes of brainstorming to get much better ideas for this event.

    Well since many of us can't even get in the game... I'd agree.

    #goodjobsofar 🙄

    IMG_20191101_170610.jpg


  • @Desolate_Sands said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/803153#Comment_803153

    Why do you think you are entitled to any event at all? Did you pay for the event to happen?

    What other game do you know that is actually doing a Halloween event? I can only name 1 off the top of my head. Any "event" is a bonus given to you by the company, you already got the game you paid for, running perfectly fine.

    If you want more content, you have to pay for it, because the company paid to have it developed. Really simple.

    I don't think I'm entitled to any event, every consumer is deservedly so rewarded with more content because we bought the base game. Hell, I own every killer and survivor OTHER than GF because I thought the company knew what they were doing with this crap. However, with recent decisions, I was proved hella wrong. Name another game? League of legends with URF. Which is loads more fun than do a gen and get 1k points. Oooooh double BP because we pushed back a ######### event which is tied into the rift so you can't actually get anything from playing the base game, instead play super scummy to get your "rewards". Fortnite is having a full on free event. Apex is having a free halloween event. Hell even pokemon go is having a halloween event. Free. I can understand free to play games hiding ######### behind a paywall but paying $30 for base game and then up to $60 for more dlc AND a battlepass? No. ######### EA tactics. Stop licking their boots and shoving your nose up their ass because you THINK they're doing well. Plain and simple. This event is ######### and literally everyone knows it.

  • @Desolate_Sands said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/803153#Comment_803153

    Why do you think you are entitled to any event at all? Did you pay for the event to happen?

    What other game do you know that is actually doing a Halloween event? I can only name 1 off the top of my head. Any "event" is a bonus given to you by the company, you already got the game you paid for, running perfectly fine.

    If you want more content, you have to pay for it, because the company paid to have it developed. Really simple.

    Uh, hitman 2 and destiny 2 both have pretty good halloween events right now with things that are awesome that you unlock for participating in the event.


    The blight cosmetics aren't event cosmetics they're rift cosmetics.

  • @Captain_Spaulding said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/801387#Comment_801387

    And here we have another bootlicker that is willing to pay for everything the very incompetent devs throw at us. This event is pure ######### compared to literally every other event they've had and any other game is having at the moment. I truly don't want to support the devs any further with this kinda paywall and bullshit they're throwing at us. I mean hell, even Mattieu comes from EA so this kinda BS is expected, he just hid it for this long.

    lmao what. I haven't paid for anything. That's the point of what I'm saying, you don't have to pay for it if you don't want to. My game experience is perfectly fine without paying for the premium track and cosmetics

  • @Attackfrog said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/801388#Comment_801388

    While i DO think they look cool and are well done, I have never really liked them. I always thought they are just too bright.

    I prefer something darker or more gorey so I never spent money on them. I have a few I earned in past events but never use them. I do think the art team makes them look really great, just not in a direction I would prefer.

    Ah okay well that's understandable, personal preference is a thing

  • @Desolate_Sands said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/803251#Comment_803251

    I haven't played either of those games but I seem to remember hitman going SUPER SUPER hard on the DLC recently? I think the last one I looked at was "free to play" with literally every mission being paid DLC or some non-sense.

    Destiny 2 I have only heard bad things about and Destiny 1 was not balanced at all for PvP (in my opinion) so I never got into it. Shoutout to the Destiny 1 days of having an unlimited ammo auto-shotgun and invisibility+radar immunity for stupidly easily PvP kills though.

    The other games you mentioned are AAA titles who can afford to lose money, DBD probably not? Pretty sure games like Apex have millions of players where-as DBD scrapes by on 40k players on steamcharts at its peak.

    It's really disgusting if you are saying something like Apex has a better progession model than DBD. They are now both paywall, but at the same time, it's mainly for cosmetics, so who cares?

    Your mischaracterizations of hitman 2 and destiny aside, you know bhvr is the biggest indie dev in canada, right? You know that ioi and bungie are both self owned and produced right? Its actually a very apt comparison, but you don't actually seem interested in listening to anyone else so I'm just gonna leave you to it. Enjoy your weekend friend.

  • @thedevalex said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/802995#Comment_802995

    lmao what. I haven't paid for anything. That's the point of what I'm saying, you don't have to pay for it if you don't want to. My game experience is perfectly fine without paying for the premium track and cosmetics

    Yeah and I'm not paying them crap for the premium track and I haven't bought a single cosmetic for the simple fact of charging $10 for a single outfit. The battlepass is crap anyways with charms that sit on hooks or barely visible or on the waist of survivors.

  • This has probably been said before, but, I really miss milking squishy Pustula plants as my second objective as survivor, and Hooking survivors on Pustlua Plant infested hooks as killer. While there has been no major game-play mechanic change this year for the killer, the lack of the extra game-play mechanic for the survivor is felt pretty hard. It was exciting having that extra objective as survivor as much as it was rewarding when you succeeded. I miss that, and am sad that all of the new players this year haven't experienced it. After the Blight event ended last year (even though it had its bumps requiring some major balance changes/fixes), It was still something uniquely different from standard play, and I was eagerly anticipating its return this year. This year however, while ok and providing more BP, is no more than a carbon copy of the Lunar, and Summer BBQ events as far as objectives, with only 2 full sets of cosmetics to compensate.

    Sadly, this years Halloween event in full has been a major disappointment. Yeah, we get more bloodpoints from it, and even have a bloodhunt to amp those earnings up, but without the fun game-play mechanic of last year, this year just doesn't stand out.

  • @pemberley said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/802995#Comment_802995

    Is this an event or is it “surprise disappointment?”

    "Subverting Expectations"

  • @Desolate_Sands said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/803385#Comment_803385

    How are they mischaracterizations? The latest hitman I saw on steam was a cash grab, plain and simple. Destiny 1 was grind-to-win, and I am assuming it's sequel follows the same suite. I think my lowest kill/death ratio using the legendary auto-shotgun was 3/1.

    DBD is pay to win as well, but there is some grinding involved. Some of the first things I noticed about the event were the charms, and how easy they made a survivor to track as a killer. It's like having legacy on every survivor, glowing objects to attract your attention. It makes it easier.

    Why people complain about it? I know not.

    The thing is that yes Destiny is grind heavy but you notice how much better you get with the grind. DBD is just grind heavy with no noticing of how much better you get with the grind. Plain and simple. If the killer and 4 survivors play perfect then the survivors win every. Single. Time. This game is supposed to be asymmetrical. Which means the one is better than the 4. This is not the case in this game. You do not get better. I know people love to throw Tru3talent under the bus but the dude speaks truth. Survivor's win no matter what. You have to play an op Killer to "win" the game. Plain and ######### simple. No matter how perfect your killer is or how "meta" the perks are you will lose. You wanna call hitman a cashgrab but defend this game? Buying the game and all the DLC costs about $110. What the ######### do you think is really a cash grab in this sense? Stop defending these ######### devs. Just stop. It's clear they've fallen under EA standards at this point.

  • Wait are you guys actually getting the points for this?

  • I also feel this event has less atmosphere, compared to the other halloween events. I have a hard time seeing if a gen is an event gen from afar, since the pumpkins are not that big and nothing else is changed for the gen. We could have more things on the gen or maybe even changing the event gens to orange color. Also, we could have had some decorations on the lockers, for example, just to remind of halloween.

  • @Captain_Spaulding said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/803347#Comment_803347

    Yeah and I'm not paying them crap for the premium track and I haven't bought a single cosmetic for the simple fact of charging $10 for a single outfit. The battlepass is crap anyways with charms that sit on hooks or barely visible or on the waist of survivors.

    Go ahead and keep doing that lmao. As I said, you're not forced to pay. Chill out man

  • @Attackfrog said:

    Halloween events is usually where I spend the most money on free games due to the cool events and cosmetics.

    The money I have spent in DbD for the last TWO Halloween events: $0

    Games I HAVE spent money: DCUO, ESO, Warframe, FFXIV.

    FFXIV is a lot of fun =)

  • I’m actually confused about this event. Because they said they removed the cankers from the event, in favor of generators due to feed back from the community. BUT. I distinctly remember after last years hallowed blight event. They said the cankers were so well received by the community that they were actually considering options to implement a similar mechanic in normal game play. I don’t get it...

  • @Haku said:

    A fast question got you guys. Are we supposed to get only 1k BP from the event gens ? Cause I don't know if it was a dream but I thought I saw sometihng like 3k or 4k yesterday for a gen or was it my eyes ?

    It’s supposed to be 3000 if you used pestula pedals. I don’t know what it is without them.

‹ 1 2