This "Halloween event" has 0 atmosphere

Nothing special ingame. Just a few pumpkins on gens which literally do nothing when activated. Yaaaaawn, is there anything else more boring and lazy than this?

It just took me 5 minutes of brainstorming to get much better ideas for this event (which I could share in a different post).

Comments

  • It's basically the Lunar event 0.5. Devs got REALLY lazy and greedy this time.

  • @Desolate_Sands said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/803153#Comment_803153

    Why do you think you are entitled to any event at all? Did you pay for the event to happen?

    What other game do you know that is actually doing a Halloween event? I can only name 1 off the top of my head. Any "event" is a bonus given to you by the company, you already got the game you paid for, running perfectly fine.

    If you want more content, you have to pay for it, because the company paid to have it developed. Really simple.

    Apex has a COMPLETLY NEW GAMEMODE for Halloween, and it's a damn battle royal shooter game. And it's FOR FREE. Yeah, just to set the bar high here, because this will make the event looking even much worse.

  • @Captain_Spaulding said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/803201#Comment_803201

    I don't think I'm entitled to any event, every consumer is deservedly so rewarded with more content because we bought the base game. Hell, I own every killer and survivor OTHER than GF because I thought the company knew what they were doing with this crap. However, with recent decisions, I was proved hella wrong. Name another game? League of legends with URF. Which is loads more fun than do a gen and get 1k points. Oooooh double BP because we pushed back a ######### event which is tied into the rift so you can't actually get anything from playing the base game, instead play super scummy to get your "rewards". Fortnite is having a full on free event. Apex is having a free halloween event. Hell even pokemon go is having a halloween event. Free. I can understand free to play games hiding ######### behind a paywall but paying $30 for base game and then up to $60 for more dlc AND a battlepass? No. ######### EA tactics. Stop licking their boots and shoving your nose up their ass because you THINK they're doing well. Plain and simple. This event is ######### and literally everyone knows it.

    I think it's even more thank 60$ for all DLCs, correct me if I'm wrong. Btw, have you played the apex halloween gamemode? Damn this so freaking cool, this makes dbd looking like clown... Hold up, like the entire circus.

  • @TWiXT said:

    This has probably been said before, but, I really miss milking squishy Pustula plants as my second objective as survivor, and Hooking survivors on Pustlua Plant infested hooks as killer. While there has been no major game-play mechanic change this year for the killer, the lack of the extra game-play mechanic for the survivor is felt pretty hard. It was exciting having that extra objective as survivor as much as it was rewarding when you succeeded. I miss that, and am sad that all of the new players this year haven't experienced it. After the Blight event ended last year (even though it had its bumps requiring some major balance changes/fixes), It was still something uniquely different from standard play, and I was eagerly anticipating its return this year. This year however, while ok and providing more BP, is no more than a carbon copy of the Lunar, and Summer BBQ events as far as objectives, with only 2 full sets of cosmetics to compensate.

    Sadly, this years Halloween event in full has been a major disappointment. Yeah, we get more bloodpoints from it, and even have a bloodhunt to amp those earnings up, but without the fun game-play mechanic of last year, this year just doesn't stand out.

    I was bummed too, that I didn't get the pustula plants experience. This is my first year playing DBD. Maybe they'll bring it back next year. Other than that, I'm enjoying it pretty well.

  • @Desolate_Sands said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/803385#Comment_803385

    How are they mischaracterizations? The latest hitman I saw on steam was a cash grab, plain and simple. Destiny 1 was grind-to-win, and I am assuming it's sequel follows the same suite. I think my lowest kill/death ratio using the legendary auto-shotgun was 3/1.

    DBD is pay to win as well, but there is some grinding involved. Some of the first things I noticed about the event were the charms, and how easy they made a survivor to track as a killer. It's like having legacy on every survivor, glowing objects to attract your attention. It makes it easier.

    Why people complain about it? I know not.

    Dbd is grind2win aswell. The amount of time you have to put into this game before you can create some meta builds is insane.

  • It is a game that definitely is worth the subscription. I love that I don't have to make a ton of Alta and everything I do enhances my character. It's great!

  • Visually its a bore, 2017 and 2018 had better themes, and there was only a fraction of people working there at the time. BHVR forgot the spirit of halloween this year, in favor of profits

  • They gave us a huge patch, double bp weekend, a cool new feature to encourage us to try out different builds, and on top of that gave us an event to celebrate Halloween.

    Thank you BHVR!

  • @justarandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/803228#Comment_803228

    I think it's even more thank 60$ for all DLCs, correct me if I'm wrong. Btw, have you played the apex halloween gamemode? Damn this so freaking cool, this makes dbd looking like clown... Hold up, like the entire circus.

    Oh believe me I have. It's ######### fantastic. I can play to earn actual rewards and playing the correct way. Not some ######### mundane way to get some crap "rewards". Apex is...well...the apex of halloween events right now.

  • The event trappings feel very... I dunno, clinical? It's not really an event, outside of insisting upon itself that it is. It's just a different limited-time currency on a season pass track that was ripped off from Fortnite. Plus a Blood Hunt. That's literally all this "event" is.

  • I don't mind. I prefer the extra bloodpoints.

  • @tortrader said:

    I don't mind. I prefer the extra bloodpoints.

    So bloodpoints are more important for you than an actual cool event. Huh, you are quite ez to impress, BHVR loves you.

  • @Captain_Spaulding said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/803796#Comment_803796

    Oh believe me I have. It's ######### fantastic. I can play to earn actual rewards and playing the correct way. Not some ######### mundane way to get some crap "rewards". Apex is...well...the apex of halloween events right now.

    The hitman halloween mission gave me batarang shurikens so....

  • @CaptainCastle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/803866#Comment_803866

    The hitman halloween mission gave me batarang shurikens so....

    Aight that's ######### tight. You win this round.

1 2 ›