Should BBQ & Chili limit aura reading?

BBQ Chili is an amazing perk that I run for the BP stack (100% bonus - heck yeah!). But the UNLIMITED aura reading sequence makes it complete OP.

I think once the max token/stack has been reached, the devs should remove the aura reading ability.

This would really help balance the fast killers who have great map pressure.

The limitation wouldn't impact BBQC for its meta-ness... but it's a start. :)


With this change a passive buff would happen for Jeff's Distortion perk.

Comments

  • i forget BBQ even has an aura reading element to it half the time.

  • @VexTheHex said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/776864#Comment_776864

    I can see your point. I still think it's F tier and the highly situational aspects of the perk make it needless to bring up in terms of countering BBQ. But I'll respect it has "some" uses a bit more. it's like Calm Spirit... might come in handy once in a blue moon but is overall a waste of a slot.

    Now your getting it.

    It's more like D tier where it's technically useful but is so limited that you really may as well not even bother.

    Compare that to Deja Vu where it's never useful period or No Mither which is negative utility.

  • @Mookywolf said:

    i forget BBQ even has an aura reading element to it half the time.

    *see no auras because most good players counter it ez pz*

    *walk around hook area looking for survivors*

    CAMPER!!!

  • Itt people who haven't reasoned themselves into an emotional opinion bashing away logic lol

  • BBQ is mostly fine and kinda necessary with the current pacing of the game. There are counter, but it's also good for every killer to get more "what is happening" on the map info. And that is important for every killer. Especially weaker ones.

    The only thing still bugging me is, how it can be used to track a slugged survivor, which also incentives killer to slug sometimes, especially to secure the 4k sometimes. And beeing slugtracked by BBQ is hard to counter or just very situational to counter. But besides that it's fine.

    @Rin_is_my_waifu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/776798#Comment_776798

    Decisive strike which has only one counter (slugging) deserves a heavy nerf, not BBQ

    The 60 immunity needs to be reduced

    DS timer is fine. The issue is, that it doesn't have a back-in-action-event that deactivates it. Touching a gen, totem, unhooking etc. means for me that the survivor doesn't need their immunity. But that's a topic for another thread, I think.

  • I'm at an awe that the same people begging for Survivor nerfs and shouting that DbD isn't a "1v1" are same ones telling Survivors to play it like a 1v1.

    Actually, I take that back. I'm not in awe. This forum is swarming with very skewed bias towards Killers.

    It blows my mind cuz Killers get to play an ENTIRE trial regardless if they get "GeN-RuShEd" or trolled.

    Somehow, the fun should only happen for Killers?


    <font 72> WHAT? </font 72>

  • @GennyFromTheBlock said:

    There's a lot of yelling at me with a bunch of contradicting stuff.

    You say it's not OP cuz it only last 4 seconds, then you say there are so many counters.

    If there are so many counters, why would limiting it to 4 be a problem?

    Y I K E S.

    Because you're limiting the amount of limited usefulness it already has... and building a straw man argument by exaggerating everyone's reaction is not going to help your case.

    BBQ's main point is to get people away from the hook so they don't camp. That's it. It gives more BPs the more people you hook, and it shows you where they are now... not where they will be when you get there.

  • I still believe Distortion needs unlimited tokens, it's the only way to break the bbq/nurses calling meta for immersed players.

  • @GennyFromTheBlock said:

    BBQ Chili is an amazing perk that I run for the BP stack (100% bonus - heck yeah!). But the UNLIMITED aura reading sequence makes it complete OP.

    I think once the max token/stack has been reached, the devs should remove the aura reading ability.

    This would really help balance the fast killers who have great map pressure.

    The limitation wouldn't impact BBQC for its meta-ness... but it's a start. :)

    With this change a passive buff would happen for Jeff's Distortion perk.

    Like no? Everyone would just change to another long range information perk like "Surveillance". No need to make good perks useless.

  • @FriendlyGuy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/97548/should-bbq-chili-limit-aura-reading

    Like no? Everyone would just change to another long range information perk like "Surveillance". No need to make good perks useless.

    When I run a farming build as killer (which, right now, is 100% of the time), I get to have two perks that are actually useful gameplay-wise. I hate that lately I keep seeing people who want that to be taken down to one useful perk. -_-

  • @GennyFromTheBlock said:

    I'm at an awe that the same people begging for Survivor nerfs and shouting that DbD isn't a "1v1" are same ones telling Survivors to play it like a 1v1.

    Actually, I take that back. I'm not in awe. This forum is swarming with very skewed bias towards Killers.

    It blows my mind cuz Killers get to play an ENTIRE trial regardless if they get "GeN-RuShEd" or trolled.

    Somehow, the fun should only happen for Killers?

    <font 72> WHAT? </font 72>

    LIke that is any difference than survivors that whine that a killer is kill-rushing. Oh, I'm sorry, I think the politically correct term survivors mains want us to use is "Tunneling".

    But that has nothing to do with the fact that BBQ is a fair and balanced perk.

  • It already has like 7 counters, this would just make it worse and everyone already only runs it for the bloodpoints

  • @FrenziedRoach said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/777240#Comment_777240

    LIke that is any difference than survivors that whine that a killer is kill-rushing. Oh, I'm sorry, I think the politically correct term survivors mains want us to use is "Tunneling".

    But that has nothing to do with the fact that BBQ is a fair and balanced perk.

    I'm surprised so many people validated that with a reply.

  • BBQ & Chili has counters. It's in no way OP. Just play around the assumption that everyone runs it and make preparations around that.

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/777278#Comment_777278

    I'm surprised so many people validated that with a reply.

    I'm just feeling particularly feisty and snarky today. Don't mind me.

  • @Raven014 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/776699#Comment_776699

    Because you're limiting the amount of limited usefulness it already has... and building a straw man argument by exaggerating everyone's reaction is not going to help your case.

    BBQ's main point is to get people away from the hook so they don't camp. That's it. It gives more BPs the more people you hook, and it shows you where they are now... not where they will be when you get there.

    It's not strawman.

    I got in trouble with the mods for pointing out someone's hypocritical posts so now I'm refraining from quoting a problematic user with a Killer role bias.

    And limiting the Aura views isn't limiting BBQs usefulness. Most players use it for the stacks. If you are 8 hooks deep and have no idea where the Survivors could be...

    A.) you are doing really good wrecking the Survivors as all 7 gens are still up.

    B.) go to any of the remaining gens


    Just because something isn't glaringly obvious as being overpowered, doesn't mean it's not overpowered.🥴🥴🥴

  • Just use lockers

  • @GrootDude said:

    Just use lockers

    I do.

    But there are times - for instance, the end of the trial when all gens are powered, that you can't slide in a locker.

    Right now, it's completely imbalanced with the Billy, Spirit & Nurse. They are all over the place in 6-8 seconds. And it's like 3-4 second animation getting a locker.

  • @GennyFromTheBlock said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/777330#Comment_777330

    I do.

    But there are times - for instance, the end of the trial when all gens are powered, that you can't slide in a locker.

    Right now, it's completely imbalanced with the Billy, Spirit & Nurse. They are all over the place in 6-8 seconds. Which is like 1/3 of entering a locker animation slowly.

    Just walk in the opposite direction and hide then, works for me even against them.

  • @GennyFromTheBlock said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/777330#Comment_777330

    I do.

    But there are times - for instance, the end of the trial when all gens are powered, that you can't slide in a locker.

    Right now, it's completely imbalanced with the Billy, Spirit & Nurse. They are all over the place in 6-8 seconds. Which is like 1/3 of entering a locker animation slowly.

    Very interesting that you completely overlook the fact the seconds you have to even get to said locker or be ready for the incoming rush.

    What, do you not hear your teammate getting downed? Are you deaf? Do you not see the icon when they are downed? Then of course there's the time from that point to getting to the hook. Then the aura itself is only 4 seconds long which doesn't take into account wind up time of said power.

    It's like you want to take these few edge cases and beat them into the ground because you just don't like the power.

  • 40 meter blind spot

    Locker block it

    Gen auras block it

    Distortion blocks it

  • @Killmaster said:

    I still believe Distortion needs unlimited tokens, it's the only way to break the bbq/nurses calling meta for immersed players.

    idk about unlimited. But it needs to have at least 5 or a way to get more tokens as you play (cleansing totems maybe?)

  • On the highest levels survivors will counter bbq 7/10 times. The 3 times they simply don't care or actually want that you chase them. Bbq not op. Without the double bp I wouldn't use it anymore, wasted perkslot cuz it's get countered very good and outclassed by better perks.

  • @GennyFromTheBlock said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/777249#Comment_777249

    It's not strawman.

    I got in trouble with the mods for pointing out someone's hypocritical posts so now I'm refraining from quoting a problematic user with a Killer role bias.

    And limiting the Aura views isn't limiting BBQs usefulness. Most players use it for the stacks. If you are 8 hooks deep and have no idea where the Survivors could be...

    A.) you are doing really good wrecking the Survivors as all 7 gens are still up.

    B.) go to any of the remaining gens

    Just because something isn't glaringly obvious as being overpowered, doesn't mean it's not overpowered.🥴🥴🥴

    You claim that everyone is shouting at you! How is that not?! XD

    There are times when people wouldn't've gotten kills without the aura reading to nudge them in the right direction. Myself included.

    It's designed to make survivors more aware of the risks of watching someone get hooked from a distance.

    I have a question, would you want DS or BT nerfed? Your logic at the end should apply to them, because inherently with bad survivors those perks are near useless, but good survivors can make them OP. Will you follow your logic or will you show anti-killer bias?

  • @Rin_is_my_waifu said:

    No no no. There are too many counters for this particular perk. And did you even think the consequences of nerfing it? The killers will camp more often and will make your survivor life a nightmare.

    In conclusion, learn and use its counters and most importantly git gud xD

    Killers still camp with bbq, cause all you have to do is counter then there like well noone is farther then 40m must here to unhook. I dont bbq to be nerfed I just wish survivors had a good BP perk too. WGTLF is not a good perk....

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/776798#Comment_776798

    Bbq is fine as is. I'd argue for a distortion buff. At least a buff to the number of tokens. Hell I'd be fine with there being no tokens and it lasting the entire match.

    If they changed that to unlimited it might actually almost worth running.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/776770#Comment_776770

    "If you're getting killed by it, it's honestly on you when there's so many ways to counter it. And if you're not doing that, you're just not doing your job as a survivor."

    I actually think this makes a really good point. Playing survivor is more than just doing gens; this isn't a gen-repair sim. If you know certain perks are popular on killers, then playing around them is part of playing survivor.

    Killers have to play around survivor perks. Expecting to encounter popular survivor perks and trying to counter them is part of playing killer. Dead Hard? You lose a few seconds baiting that out during a chase. And, if you don't bait it out, you lose even more than a few seconds. Trying to make sure to hit the unhooker instead of the unhooked in case of Borrowed Time, or waiting out the 15 seconds. Adrenaline doesn't even have a counter other than not letting gens get finished, which is obviously easier said than done.

    BBQ has a whole bunch of counters that don't even take up a perk slot. It's not OP.

    Thank you for being a light of common sense and logic. I swear, sometimes I don't know what people are thinking.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/777259#Comment_777259

    When I run a farming build as killer (which, right now, is 100% of the time), I get to have two perks that are actually useful gameplay-wise. I hate that lately I keep seeing people who want that to be taken down to one useful perk. -_-

    Ikr? Why did BBQ even get brought up as OP?

  • @GennyFromTheBlock said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/777249#Comment_777249

    It's not strawman.

    I got in trouble with the mods for pointing out someone's hypocritical posts so now I'm refraining from quoting a problematic user with a Killer role bias.

    And limiting the Aura views isn't limiting BBQs usefulness. Most players use it for the stacks. If you are 8 hooks deep and have no idea where the Survivors could be...

    A.) you are doing really good wrecking the Survivors as all 7 gens are still up.

    B.) go to any of the remaining gens

    Just because something isn't glaringly obvious as being overpowered, doesn't mean it's not overpowered.🥴🥴🥴

    7 gens up? Do you play the game? Every time I see you, you are making fun of Killers and telling people that they are biased against Survivors or just generally being rude to everyone. Then even when you arn't mean, you don't make sense. I'm honestly suprised anyone listens to you at this point.

  • I’ll say it, buff DISTORTION more tokens please :) BBQ IS FINE.

  • BBQ has so many counters that you cant call it OP...


  • If BP Is null for balance then let's remove the BP from BBQ. Shouldn't be a problem for you, right?


  • @Rin_is_my_waifu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/776798#Comment_776798

    Decisive strike which has only one counter (slugging) deserves a heavy nerf, not BBQ

    The 60 immunity needs to be reduced

    DS has already been nerfed. But hey that's how it is with some of you people, you just want everything.

    I don't mind nerfing DS further. But if you think that is needed surely you can also acknowledge BBQ also needs an adjustment. BBQ does far, far more for the killer than DS does for the Survivor.


  • @Mookywolf said:

    i forget BBQ even has an aura reading element to it half the time.

    @FrenziedRoach said:

    It really bugs me that things that have a viable counter get complained about.

    Don't want to risk a DS? Slug the person and leave them on the ground

    Don't want to show up on BBQ? Either sit in the aura, mislead where you are going, sit in a locker, or get behind an unfinished gen.

    People's refusal to perform easy viable counters really baffles me.

    It bugs me that people claim that tehy don't even realize BBQ has an aura reading counter sometimes, then fight so hard to resist any nerfs to the aura reading.

    If you really think the Aura Reading component of BBQ isn't important, then surely you should be okay with nerfing it.


  • @Killmaster said:

    I still believe Distortion needs unlimited tokens, it's the only way to break the bbq/nurses calling meta for immersed players.

    Personally I would like nothing more, but that might be too powerful and some killers would probably complain about it.

    But if it ever happened Distortion would never leave my build and I would stop complaining about BBQ.

    When I think about it probably isn't that OP, since most are fine without the BBQ aura reading anyway, and there are already a lot of killer detection perks don't use auras like Discordance, Whispers, Infectious, Surveillance, even Iron Maiden.

  • @Mochan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/776983#Comment_776983

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/776978#Comment_776978

    It bugs me that people claim that tehy don't even realize BBQ has an aura reading counter sometimes, then fight so hard to resist any nerfs to the aura reading.

    If you really think the Aura Reading component of BBQ isn't important, then surely you should be okay with nerfing it.

    I dont really have any opinions on whether it should be or not. I dont take advantage of the aura reading, i just use it in my farming build and nothing else.

  • Very bad idea. It’s one of the srongest killer perks, but it has counterplay. Lockers, pretending to go one way but go the other, etc

    You don’t want killers to camp, which makes the game less enjoyable as survivor

  • @Mochan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/776983#Comment_776983

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/776978#Comment_776978

    It bugs me that people claim that tehy don't even realize BBQ has an aura reading counter sometimes, then fight so hard to resist any nerfs to the aura reading.

    If you really think the Aura Reading component of BBQ isn't important, then surely you should be okay with nerfing it.

    supporting this is messing up your credibility. The Perk is fine. Leave it alone. You talk about others wanting everything, then suggest nerfing a perfectly fine perk with either BP or Aura removal. All you are doing is making yourself look bad.

  • @Mochan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/776820#Comment_776820

    DS has already been nerfed. But hey that's how it is with some of you people, you just want everything.

    I don't mind nerfing DS further. But if you think that is needed surely you can also acknowledge BBQ also needs an adjustment. BBQ does far, far more for the killer than DS does for the Survivor.

    Can you explain to me what BBQ does for the killer other than telling them where survivors who are far away at?

    Because you can't tell me BBQ is overpowered or loaded without telling me exactly why it's like that.

  • @Mochan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/777255#Comment_777255

    Personally I would like nothing more, but that might be too powerful and some killers would probably complain about it.

    But if it ever happened Distortion would never leave my build and I would stop complaining about BBQ.

    When I think about it probably isn't that OP, since most are fine without the BBQ aura reading anyway, and there are already a lot of killer detection perks don't use auras like Discordance, Whispers, Infectious, Surveillance, even Iron Maiden.

    If BBQ is "so easily countered" as many killer mains like to say then I don't see what the problem would be. 😉

  • @Mochan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/776800#Comment_776800

    If BP Is null for balance then let's remove the BP from BBQ. Shouldn't be a problem for you, right?

    It wouldn't make the perk any weaker but it would make the grind worse.

    So no it's still not fine cuz it makes a non-balance issue worse.

    If it was expanded to be basekit then that would be great though, preferably with a Survivor equivalent that is actually practical to use cuz they have the same issue.

  • @Mochan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/776983#Comment_776983

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/776978#Comment_776978

    It bugs me that people claim that tehy don't even realize BBQ has an aura reading counter sometimes, then fight so hard to resist any nerfs to the aura reading.

    If you really think the Aura Reading component of BBQ isn't important, then surely you should be okay with nerfing it.

    You still haven't made a single point as to why it needs to be nerfed. The perk is fine as is. Like do you honestly want the devs to nerf a perk, one of the few, that conditions killers not to camp&tunnel ?

    I am amazed by this logic, bbq is a good thing, easy to counter while rewarding enough to be viable as it reduces the grind and tries to make the game ok for all survivors.

    Think about what box you want to open, i am looking at BL for example or adrenaline.

    Oh and dont forget that lots of survivor perks dont have any drawback like killerperks.

  • @Mochan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/776983#Comment_776983

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/776978#Comment_776978

    It bugs me that people claim that tehy don't even realize BBQ has an aura reading counter sometimes, then fight so hard to resist any nerfs to the aura reading.

    If you really think the Aura Reading component of BBQ isn't important, then surely you should be okay with nerfing it.

    If they think it's not important, then they don't think it is worth nerfing, so if it gets nerfed, it seems absurd from their point of view.

  • To OP: NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • @VexTheHex said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/776864#Comment_776864

    I can see your point. I still think it's F tier and the highly situational aspects of the perk make it needless to bring up in terms of countering BBQ. But I'll respect it has "some" uses a bit more. it's like Calm Spirit... might come in handy once in a blue moon but is overall a waste of a slot.

    Its nothing like Calm Spirit though. Calm Spirit only works on a single killer that isnt even popular. Distortion works on a couple of really popular Killer perks. No downside on not running it, you will always make use of it even if the Killer doesnt have those perks.

  • So, I can tunnel one survivor and get reward for this

  • 🥴if bbq has so many counters, then why is it a problem to limit the number of aura readings?

    Why is everyone still attacking me and mocking my "logic" but happily skirting on by my question?


  • @GennyFromTheBlock said:

    🥴if bbq has so many counters, then why is it a problem to limit the number of aura readings?

    Why is everyone still attacking me and mocking my "logic" but happily skirting on by my question?

    Are you even reading what you write? Because it has so many counters it doesn't need to be nerfed further as it has been nerfed by several affects which were introduced into the game.

    Instead of asking why not do this nerf, provide one good reason as to why this nerf is needed. But the only problem is that you have not a single good argument as to why, because everytime you try to tell something the conclusion is that the fault is entirely upon you for not paying attention to the game simply because it has so many counters.

    I say this as a survivor main. When you get rekt by BBQ, it is utterly on you and nobody else. Git gud. You deserve every mocking that you get.

  • Would be nice distortion with more tokens or a way to add tokens

    Btw hiding in lockers can go wrong if the killer knows you (iron maiden)

    And how you counter that with perks..?

1 2 3