Why is the killer community so toxic and so coddled by the Devs?

Honest question. Survivor perks seem to get nerfed all the time in this game in the name "balance" but killer perks never get nerfed no matter how powerful they are. MoM was not that big of a deal and I rarely ran it, but now its just another of the many completely useless perks. The DS nerf was even bigger, but at least that is sort of anti-tunnel now I guess? Seriously though it does seem like the killer community is much more vocal in this game and they seem to always get their way. It is no wonder the queue time suck so bad and why I rarely play killer even though its easy mode at least at mid to high ranks. The only challenge is waiting for a game.

I've played off and on for a while and I can't understand why the game still isn't balanced at all. The main issue I'm talking about is playing SWF vs. running solo. SWF games(when my friends do play) I can sport an 80-90% win/escape ratio, but solo its 15-20% maybe and honestly if I don't survive usually no one in the game survives. I would estimate a full 80% of non SWF games end with the killer getting 4 kills. Everyone always talks about camping like JUST DO GENS AND WIN EZ. But is it for a non SWF game? Sure in SWF a camper will pretty much always just get 1 kill, but in solo games camping is pretty much an automatic win for killer because by the time other survivors know a camp is occurring its really too late to get on gens and win the game. I propose to combat this situation the Devs either make voice chat available for survivors to even the playing field for non SWF or make it only in non SWF games so that the sacrificial timer either dramatically slows or altogether stops when a killer is within X meters of the hook. Maybe even make it a perk so we lose a perk slot for it, but something anti camp besides just kindred which has a short range we can run.

Camping is totally fine in SWF, because you can counter it, but in NON SWF it is game breaking and something should be done to make it a losing strategy in both instances not just SWF. I know I'm about to get flamed by the toxic killer community here(most toxic community I've seen in 20 years of online gaming anywhere), but every survivor main know camping is the biggest issue in this game for non SWF players. The DEVs should do something to discourage it. I'm not saying against the rules, but just make it so it isn't such a great winning strategy vs non SWF. There has to be something you can do to balance it out and make the game fun to play even when a killer decides to camp. I know it isn't the killers job to make the game fun, but it IS THE job of the devs if they want people to keep playing. I'm not saying that survivors should escape every game or even 70% of the time, but there should be balance between SWF and non SWF.

Comments

  • Yes, you will get flamed indeed. But allow me to make some logical points.

    1. Yes what you said is true, this is probably the most toxic community anyone has ever seen. However that toxicity is on both sides. Not just one. One of the reasons the community is so broken up is because of this finger pointing. People don't know how to look at things from both sides and so the community ends up divided between survivor and killer.
    2. Mettle of Man and Decisive Strike both needed a nerf. Did they kill Mettle of Man? Yes, I'll give you that one. Decisive on the other hand needed a change and is still a good perk till this day. It became what it always should have been; an anti-tunnel perk instead of a free escape. It does this well.
    3. Killers receive the short end of the stick at times too. Remember Legion? Sure he needed a nerf but they killed him because survivors requested it. Nurse just got changed as well.
    4. The devs have said multiple times that they won't put a voice chat in the game. They can't see how it will fit in. That being said, stopping the timer would just lead to some survivors abusing the aspect. They can sit around the hook for as long as they like waiting for an unhook, but if you try and stop them, you are now to close for the hook timer to go down and thus the survivor is not being punished for hook rushing. But if you don't stop them they unhook and get away. See the problem?

    They have been working to close the gap between SWF and solo players for a while now and they are still in the process of doing so. Until then, utilize what you have to counter camping (Decisive, Borrowed Time, Kindred, Adrenaline -in some cases-). I play both sides enough to know how frustrating camping can be, but look at what went wrong in the game and fix it next time. If you died to camping, say GG and move on to the next. If you died because you tried to make a save while they were camping, adjust the next time.

  • @TheUnendingNightmare said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/770313#Comment_770313

    The Doc is one of the weakest killer tho...

    I'd like to see the amount of wins Hillbilly has.

    The doc is just there for design. It's general

  • @wimlin said:

    Honest question. Survivor perks seem to get nerfed all the time in this game in the name "balance" but killer perks never get nerfed no matter how powerful they are. MoM was not that big of a deal and I rarely ran it, but now its just another of the many completely useless perks. The DS nerf was even bigger, but at least that is sort of anti-tunnel now I guess? Seriously though it does seem like the killer community is much more vocal in this game and they seem to always get their way. It is no wonder the queue time suck so bad and why I rarely play killer even though its easy mode at least at mid to high ranks. The only challenge is waiting for a game.

    I've played off and on for a while and I can't understand why the game still isn't balanced at all. The main issue I'm talking about is playing SWF vs. running solo. SWF games(when my friends do play) I can sport an 80-90% win/escape ratio, but solo its 15-20% maybe and honestly if I don't survive usually no one in the game survives. I would estimate a full 80% of non SWF games end with the killer getting 4 kills. Everyone always talks about camping like JUST DO GENS AND WIN EZ. But is it for a non SWF game? Sure in SWF a camper will pretty much always just get 1 kill, but in solo games camping is pretty much an automatic win for killer because by the time other survivors know a camp is occurring its really too late to get on gens and win the game. I propose to combat this situation the Devs either make voice chat available for survivors to even the playing field for non SWF or make it only in non SWF games so that the sacrificial timer either dramatically slows or altogether stops when a killer is within X meters of the hook. Maybe even make it a perk so we lose a perk slot for it, but something anti camp besides just kindred which has a short range we can run.

    Camping is totally fine in SWF, because you can counter it, but in NON SWF it is game breaking and something should be done to make it a losing strategy in both instances not just SWF. I know I'm about to get flamed by the toxic killer community here(most toxic community I've seen in 20 years of online gaming anywhere), but every survivor main know camping is the biggest issue in this game for non SWF players. The DEVs should do something to discourage it. I'm not saying against the rules, but just make it so it isn't such a great winning strategy vs non SWF. There has to be something you can do to balance it out and make the game fun to play even when a killer decides to camp. I know it isn't the killers job to make the game fun, but it IS THE job of the devs if they want people to keep playing. I'm not saying that survivors should escape every game or even 70% of the time, but there should be balance between SWF and non SWF.

    Yes because you didn't really run MoM doesn't mean that it wasn't annoying and uncounterable for the majority of the roster.

    That would be like me saying Omega blink nurse is completely fine I didn't run it so I don't know why people had such a problem.

    Also the fact that nurse has got changes to make sure she wasn't that broken is for the name of balance is very convenient how you seem to completely forget about that.

    The changes to Legion were for the name of balance as Killers they weren't overpowered or super strong but they were annoying and uncounterable. Once again it's convenient how you seem to forget that.

    Endgame piggy was completely neutered to avoid situations where she could basically trap you and ensure that you would die even though there was suggestions of just slowing down the endgame timer. It was still considered risky enough of a possibility that they had to shut it down.

    Are you getting the theme of convenience of how you tend forget these things.


    Balance happens for both sides. However if a lot of balance changes are being focused to one side maybe it's because that side had a problem to begin with and it's being sorted out, not because the other side is being coddled

  • Still there's some missing data, example;

    Do you see that weirdly at about rank 10 on PS4 there's a suddent drop in the survival rate ? And then at the end it unexplicably goes near the top just under pc. Why ?

    Or xbox seems to clearly survive more except at near rank 1-4. Again why ?

    Not mentionning pc bc the mouse make it insanely easy to turn around and they clearly made the skillchecks much larger to compensate for the kb.

  • @Mochan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/770102#Comment_770102

    I can't even remember the last time I got a Survivor Daily. It's been like two months now and I've been trashing killer dailies every day, only to get more worthless killer dailies.

    I'm a Survivor Main.

    Daily Rituals are dead to me. An utterly useless, wasted, pathetic excuse for a feature.

    Being a survivor main is why you only get Killer dailies. The dailies give you the opposite of what you play the most (if the balance is extreme) I'm going to assume you've played so much survivor that it's going to be rare for you to get a survivor daily.

  • @TheUnendingNightmare said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/770392#Comment_770392

    Still there's some missing data, example;

    Do you see that weirdly at about rank 10 on PS4 there's a suddent drop in the survival rate ? And then at the end it unexplicably goes near the top just under pc. Why ?

    Or xbox seems to clearly survive more except at near rank 1-4. Again why ?

    Not mentionning pc bc the mouse make it insanely easy to turn around and they clearly made the skillchecks much larger to compensate for the kb.

    I believe around these stats release, the game grouped most rank ones into rank 2. Which is why rank one has a really high survival rate on pc. Not sure what to say about the dip for ps4 but that could be explained by survivors being more skilled around those ranks in general.

  • I will admit that some perks still need fixing. But come on killers are not that strong

  • I just wish survivor perks got buffed there's so many and so many that are pointless to use

  • @Theoretical_Heart said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/770118#Comment_770118

    Being a survivor main is why you only get Killer dailies. The dailies give you the opposite of what you play the most (if the balance is extreme) I'm going to assume you've played so much survivor that it's going to be rare for you to get a survivor daily.

    That is absolute terrible design in a game where one position is almost entirely interchangable, gameplay wise, while the other is specialized and requires an absurd amount of grinding to make viable at most ranks.

    Killers all pool into the same rank for an account, so if you're rank 2 and you keep getting dailies on your level 5 hag or level 3 clown, they're essentially useless. especially when they're only worth like 20k points.

    And thats not even to speak of the difficulty for them. Some of them like the doctor are pretty easy, you just have to zap people. Others like Ghostface require you to use his awful stalk mechanics, and THEN hit the player BEFORE it runs out. Every survivor one is interchangeable and related to the things you're supposed to be doing anyway, they can be done with no perks/items/addons within a few games easily.

  • Excuse me what.

    Survs gets perks nerfs because perks are what can makes them truly overpowered ( Other than terrible map design) because you can technically stack a perk 4 times if everyone has it.

    Killers don't get perks nerfed because they usually are underpowered or actually balanced, they also can't "Stack perks" like survivors can, since they are alone.

  • @wimlin said:

    Honest question. Survivor perks seem to get nerfed all the time in this game in the name "balance" but killer perks never get nerfed no matter how powerful they are. MoM was not that big of a deal and I rarely ran it, but now its just another of the many completely useless perks. The DS nerf was even bigger, but at least that is sort of anti-tunnel now I guess? Seriously though it does seem like the killer community is much more vocal in this game and they seem to always get their way. It is no wonder the queue time suck so bad and why I rarely play killer even though its easy mode at least at mid to high ranks. The only challenge is waiting for a game.

    I've played off and on for a while and I can't understand why the game still isn't balanced at all. The main issue I'm talking about is playing SWF vs. running solo. SWF games(when my friends do play) I can sport an 80-90% win/escape ratio, but solo its 15-20% maybe and honestly if I don't survive usually no one in the game survives. I would estimate a full 80% of non SWF games end with the killer getting 4 kills. Everyone always talks about camping like JUST DO GENS AND WIN EZ. But is it for a non SWF game? Sure in SWF a camper will pretty much always just get 1 kill, but in solo games camping is pretty much an automatic win for killer because by the time other survivors know a camp is occurring its really too late to get on gens and win the game. I propose to combat this situation the Devs either make voice chat available for survivors to even the playing field for non SWF or make it only in non SWF games so that the sacrificial timer either dramatically slows or altogether stops when a killer is within X meters of the hook. Maybe even make it a perk so we lose a perk slot for it, but something anti camp besides just kindred which has a short range we can run.

    Camping is totally fine in SWF, because you can counter it, but in NON SWF it is game breaking and something should be done to make it a losing strategy in both instances not just SWF. I know I'm about to get flamed by the toxic killer community here(most toxic community I've seen in 20 years of online gaming anywhere), but every survivor main know camping is the biggest issue in this game for non SWF players. The DEVs should do something to discourage it. I'm not saying against the rules, but just make it so it isn't such a great winning strategy vs non SWF. There has to be something you can do to balance it out and make the game fun to play even when a killer decides to camp. I know it isn't the killers job to make the game fun, but it IS THE job of the devs if they want people to keep playing. I'm not saying that survivors should escape every game or even 70% of the time, but there should be balance between SWF and non SWF.

    I mean, if the game was heavily survivor sided, what would you do? I think nerf survivors. Oh that's exactly what they did, big surprise.

    And MoM. That perk was used very often in high ranks. It was a Dead Hard without the possibility to predict plus a sprintburst. It was op, it got a nerf.

    You are right about the swf vs solos thing. As a solo player you don't got the additional information swf get for free. So you have to "waste" a perk slot for things like "Kindred" or "Bond". At least one of the survivor aura reading perks should be build-in to bring swf near solo players.

  • I don't think each side is more OP than the other because I got rank 1 many times as a killer and as a survivor I think people just want too much tbh they want to be able to just sweep every killer and every survivor each and every match y'all seem like you really don't want a challenge nor a fun game but instead a game that will just hand you the win🤷🤷🤷 just my opinion from what I really be reading.

  • I honestly just want to be able to communicate in solo... Most of my friends are too scared to leave CoD to try this out so I main solo survivor. It also makes the game more immersive for me to try and survive with 3 strangers. My only real issue is not being able to communicate. So many times, I've tried to say "Don't go that way" but couldn't and ended up feeling bad because someone got hooked or I'm coming for a rescue and right as I get there, they get sacrificed because they kept trying to jump off the hook.

    I'm just wanna be able to communicate. Otherwise, I genuinely have fun whether I play killer or survivor. Maybe because I don't concern myself with rank or anything.

    ...Maybe if they made a "casual" or "practice" kind of mode where ranking up doesn't really matter?

  • I think everyone needs to chill and stop "being" the victim, yeah sure the game is still unbalanced in some way, but the point is to have fun and not take the game too seriously.

  • Honestly, don't see what you mean... I only ever get Toxic Trappers or Michaels. I do play a lot of killer though (especially Ghost Face, Hag, Huntress, and Doctor), and I always get toxic survs as Ghost Face. A lot of the time, I T-bag them. ONLY TOXIC SURVS THOUGH! Don't T-Bag if they're casual players guys!

  • @TheUnendingNightmare said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/770274#Comment_770274

    So it isn't fair to say those survivor perks are toxic but the perks related to killers that buff certain strategy are toxic ?

    Your sentence made my IQ drop a little.

    Also, please refrain from using kindergarden insults like "rage goblin" when first I'm not even mad and two at least go for something better we're all adults no ? ;)

    I did not mean to direct what I said at you and I apologize if I made it seem that way, it was not intentional whatsoever.

    All I meant is that using stuff that's in the game isn't toxic (and that goes for stuff on both sides). Toxicity is about behavior, not the things people bring into a match, while people that rage in chat delve into bad behavior territory.

  • @TheUnendingNightmare said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/96788/why-is-the-killer-community-so-toxic-and-so-coddled-by-the-devs

    Wait wait wait...the *killers* are toxic ?

    Survivors have; insta-heal, BT, DS, DH, Lithe, SB, MoM, Spinechill and even an aura reading perk for finding the hatch! You guys have insane unbreakable loops, pallets respawning every 30s/60s, etc.

    Who's toxic again ? Clearly you have not been a red rank killer who isn't Hillbilly.

    How are these pallets respawning?

  • I'm survivor main and sometimes I really feel like the killers are insanely strong and survivor is nerfed until I hop on and do killer dailies and I either kill all 4 potatoes to boot or, and this happens a ton, the survivor is nearly impossible to catch. Good Ole claudette runs you and bloop just disappears into a wall. It's so bothersome that claudette is a go to. Swf, solo or killer nearly all 4 survivor weebs are claudette. I play ash and guess what, first to be found on a Gen and first to usually get harassed or mori. It blows because claudette is so hard to find.



    Also heads up for toxic, it's trash on both sides. Killers camp and message GG ez but then cry here about how bad killers have it.


    Survivors run train on you and they all 4 message about how you're a noob killer and trash even if you were just letting them live to do an easy daily.


    Bottom line, there's a ton of trashing on both sides and nice players like us get the brutal end of the toxic nightmares.


    As killer face camp the toxic ones and DC on the tea bagging survivors at the exit.


    As survivor do your best to play it out and give up the location of toxic teammates.


    You'll never come out ahead if you think anyone's going to be as nice as you. No one has the same heart you give out, same with relationships little buddy 😉

  • @StrickxNyne said:

    I'm survivor main and sometimes I really feel like the killers are insanely strong and survivor is nerfed until I hop on and do killer dailies and I either kill all 4 potatoes to boot or, and this happens a ton, the survivor is nearly impossible to catch. Good Ole claudette runs you and bloop just disappears into a wall. It's so bothersome that claudette is a go to. Swf, solo or killer nearly all 4 survivor weebs are claudette. I play ash and guess what, first to be found on a Gen and first to usually get harassed or mori. It blows because claudette is so hard to find.

    Also heads up for toxic, it's trash on both sides. Killers camp and message GG ez but then cry here about how bad killers have it.

    Survivors run train on you and they all 4 message about how you're a noob killer and trash even if you were just letting them live to do an easy daily.

    Bottom line, there's a ton of trashing on both sides and nice players like us get the brutal end of the toxic nightmares.

    As killer face camp the toxic ones and DC on the tea bagging survivors at the exit.

    As survivor do your best to play it out and give up the location of toxic teammates.

    You'll never come out ahead if you think anyone's going to be as nice as you. No one has the same heart you give out, same with relationships little buddy 😉

    Thank you. This is something I've said to survivor mains forever. As someone who plays both sides regularly. Killer is significantly harder.

    If you think killers are op and survivors are nerfed unto the dirt, GO PLAY A FEW GAMES AS KILLER. then come on back and let's see how you did.

  • I stopped reading when I read the title....

    But just by the title I get the gist of what type of person u are, and I gotta say sir that u are a toxic person who wants to win every game but can't cuz ur not as amazing as u think

    Also like alot of people have already wrote go play killer for a day and tell me if u enjoy the hate u get cuz as a killer main u either love them or they start to take a tole

  • Just saying, it’s a 4v1 game, so shouldn’t a single killer opinion be equal to 4 survivor opinions?

  • @wimlin said:

    Honest question. Survivor perks seem to get nerfed all the time in this game in the name "balance" but killer perks never get nerfed no matter how powerful they are. MoM was not that big of a deal and I rarely ran it, but now its just another of the many completely useless perks. The DS nerf was even bigger, but at least that is sort of anti-tunnel now I guess? Seriously though it does seem like the killer community is much more vocal in this game and they seem to always get their way. It is no wonder the queue time suck so bad and why I rarely play killer even though its easy mode at least at mid to high ranks. The only challenge is waiting for a game.

    I've played off and on for a while and I can't understand why the game still isn't balanced at all. The main issue I'm talking about is playing SWF vs. running solo. SWF games(when my friends do play) I can sport an 80-90% win/escape ratio, but solo its 15-20% maybe and honestly if I don't survive usually no one in the game survives. I would estimate a full 80% of non SWF games end with the killer getting 4 kills. Everyone always talks about camping like JUST DO GENS AND WIN EZ. But is it for a non SWF game? Sure in SWF a camper will pretty much always just get 1 kill, but in solo games camping is pretty much an automatic win for killer because by the time other survivors know a camp is occurring its really too late to get on gens and win the game. I propose to combat this situation the Devs either make voice chat available for survivors to even the playing field for non SWF or make it only in non SWF games so that the sacrificial timer either dramatically slows or altogether stops when a killer is within X meters of the hook. Maybe even make it a perk so we lose a perk slot for it, but something anti camp besides just kindred which has a short range we can run.

    Camping is totally fine in SWF, because you can counter it, but in NON SWF it is game breaking and something should be done to make it a losing strategy in both instances not just SWF. I know I'm about to get flamed by the toxic killer community here(most toxic community I've seen in 20 years of online gaming anywhere), but every survivor main know camping is the biggest issue in this game for non SWF players. The DEVs should do something to discourage it. I'm not saying against the rules, but just make it so it isn't such a great winning strategy vs non SWF. There has to be something you can do to balance it out and make the game fun to play even when a killer decides to camp. I know it isn't the killers job to make the game fun, but it IS THE job of the devs if they want people to keep playing. I'm not saying that survivors should escape every game or even 70% of the time, but there should be balance between SWF and non SWF.

    I said the exact same thing lmao, they all reply with the same thing “Survivor is power role”. I bet most if not all the people saying that either aren’t rank 1 or don’t play both sides diligently. They just want it to be easy so they can restore the pride that was taken from them by a random survivor group.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    Isn't it great to have opinions on stuff but put arbitrary numbers on them?

    Thankfully, I don't need arbitrary numbers, I have actual data.

    Let's see it.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/742/6V55PB8ZF041.png

    So the killer got a 4k 44% of the time.

    I guess it's pretty close to the what? 90% you said? 80%?

    And I survived 34% of the time.

    Isn't it great to have actual data?

    But wait...there's more

    These are from behaviour

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/771/II0BH5BS6HP0.jpg

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/270/X1L1JQEBEOMA.jpg

    Is there anything else that needs to be said?

    Or is this clear enough for you?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/770118#Comment_770118

    I feel you, I wish I got more survivor dailies too. Or that the ones I got wore worth at least 30k...

    Real quick. Last two were confirmed by Devs to be skewed as rank 1 and 2 were lumped together. Still shows a healthy escape rate.

  • @Mochan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/770137#Comment_770137

    Not all the time. Sometimes 5 mins, long end is around 10 mins. Sometimes I grind some coffee beans, heat the water and brew the coffee and when I get back I still haven't found a lobby.

    O O F

    I hope that gets better for you soon.

  • @Crazewtboy said:

    Yes, you will get flamed indeed. But allow me to make some logical points.

    1. Yes what you said is true, this is probably the most toxic community anyone has ever seen. However that toxicity is on both sides. Not just one. One of the reasons the community is so broken up is because of this finger pointing. People don't know how to look at things from both sides and so the community ends up divided between survivor and killer.
    2. Mettle of Man and Decisive Strike both needed a nerf. Did they kill Mettle of Man? Yes, I'll give you that one. Decisive on the other hand needed a change and is still a good perk till this day. It became what it always should have been; an anti-tunnel perk instead of a free escape. It does this well.
    3. Killers receive the short end of the stick at times too. Remember Legion? Sure he needed a nerf but they killed him because survivors requested it. Nurse just got changed as well.
    4. The devs have said multiple times that they won't put a voice chat in the game. They can't see how it will fit in. That being said, stopping the timer would just lead to some survivors abusing the aspect. They can sit around the hook for as long as they like waiting for an unhook, but if you try and stop them, you are now to close for the hook timer to go down and thus the survivor is not being punished for hook rushing. But if you don't stop them they unhook and get away. See the problem?

    They have been working to close the gap between SWF and solo players for a while now and they are still in the process of doing so. Until then, utilize what you have to counter camping (Decisive, Borrowed Time, Kindred, Adrenaline -in some cases-). I play both sides enough to know how frustrating camping can be, but look at what went wrong in the game and fix it next time. If you died to camping, say GG and move on to the next. If you died because you tried to make a save while they were camping, adjust the next time.

    *cries in Legion Main*

  • @Volfawott said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/96788/why-is-the-killer-community-so-toxic-and-so-coddled-by-the-devs

    Yes because you didn't really run MoM doesn't mean that it wasn't annoying and uncounterable for the majority of the roster.

    That would be like me saying Omega blink nurse is completely fine I didn't run it so I don't know why people had such a problem.

    Also the fact that nurse has got changes to make sure she wasn't that broken is for the name of balance is very convenient how you seem to completely forget about that.

    The changes to Legion were for the name of balance as Killers they won't overpowered or super strong but they were annoying and uncounterable. Once again it's convenient how you seem to forget that.

    Endgame piggy was completely neutered to avoid situations where she could basically trap you and ensure that you would die even though there was suggestions of just slowing down the endgame timer. It was still considered in risky and of possibility that they had to shut it down.

    Are you getting the theme of convenience of how you tend forget these things.

    Balance happens for both sides. However if a lot of balance changes are being focused to one side maybe it's because that side had a problem to begin with and it's being sorted out, not because the other side is being coddled

    I agree

    That would be like me saying Old Legion was fine, cause I didn't use the exploit.

    Guess what everyone? Old Legion was bad.

  • @StrickxNyne said:

    I'm survivor main and sometimes I really feel like the killers are insanely strong and survivor is nerfed until I hop on and do killer dailies and I either kill all 4 potatoes to boot or, and this happens a ton, the survivor is nearly impossible to catch. Good Ole claudette runs you and bloop just disappears into a wall. It's so bothersome that claudette is a go to. Swf, solo or killer nearly all 4 survivor weebs are claudette. I play ash and guess what, first to be found on a Gen and first to usually get harassed or mori. It blows because claudette is so hard to find.

    Also heads up for toxic, it's trash on both sides. Killers camp and message GG ez but then cry here about how bad killers have it.

    Survivors run train on you and they all 4 message about how you're a noob killer and trash even if you were just letting them live to do an easy daily.

    Bottom line, there's a ton of trashing on both sides and nice players like us get the brutal end of the toxic nightmares.

    As killer face camp the toxic ones and DC on the tea bagging survivors at the exit.

    As survivor do your best to play it out and give up the location of toxic teammates.

    You'll never come out ahead if you think anyone's going to be as nice as you. No one has the same heart you give out, same with relationships little buddy 😉

    NEVER DC. you will lose your blood points AND you can be reported here for encouraging DCs.

  • @Blackowt_9120 said:

    Just saying, it’s a 4v1 game, so shouldn’t a single killer opinion be equal to 4 survivor opinions?

    I do not understand why people don't seem to understand this.

  • @UlvenDagoth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/770313#Comment_770313

    Real quick. Last two were confirmed by Devs to be wrong

    First one is a random bar chart that looks like it was made for a power point presentation, with no way to confirm it.

    First one is mine. Made by me on the first site I found that does it. Using data I collected

    And heres the source for the others

    @Peanits said:

    Earlier this week, we asked you what statistics you would like to see. Since then, we have collected data on some of the most popular requests and designed some fancy graphics for them. There are a few things to note:

    • This data does not include the recent PTB.
    • Data involving rank was collected shortly before a rank reset (April 1st to April 7th).
    • These are very general statistics, so use caution before drawing any conclusions.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/719/CPIDC1XE8JBT.jpg

    Average Party Size

    This is the overall average, between all ranks and platforms, of how many other Survivors players are queuing up with. More than half of the total Survivors are playing solo, while only 3-6% are playing in a full Survive With Friends group. This is based on the group size out of the total number of matches.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/771/II0BH5BS6HP0.jpg

    Party Size Survival Rate

    This is the average chance of Survival per Survivor depending on the size of the Survive With Friends group they are playing in. This is an average between all ranks on all platforms.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/270/X1L1JQEBEOMA.jpg

    Survival Rate by Rank

    This graph shows the average rate of survival per Survivor at any given rank, per platform. Please note: The data collected is using your rank after the match, so players who depipped from rank 1 down to rank 2 would appear as rank 2 for our purposes. This is likely the reason why you'll notice a large gap between the survival rate of rank 1 and rank 2: Players who survived were more likely to pip and maintain their rank, while those who died were more likely to depip and lose their rank.

    This data was also collected between April 1st and April 7th, after the pipping thresholds were originally changed but before they were later tweaked to be more forgiving for Survivors. Because of that, the statistics at this rank are from a small sample size consisting solely of the best players that could maintain rank 1 with the strict pipping conditions.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/198/WJGATDU9GIYC.jpg

    Average Game Length

    This graph shows the average game length at any given rank for each platform. This is the time from the start of the match until the final Survivor either escapes or is sacrificed.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/103/8BOLFYNH0D9I.jpg

    Most Popular Killer by Rank

    This chart shows which Killer is the most popular depending on rank, per platform. For example, on PC from rank 1-4, nurse is the most popular Killer, while Hillbilly tends to be more popular from rank 5-12. The highest overall usage for any Killer at a given rank is the Nurse at rank 1, coming in at 22.39%.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/398/4A494UUNC0WZ.jpg

    Highest and Lowest Kill Rates

    This chart shows the deadliest (yellow) and least deadly (red) Killers per platform. These stats are an average for all ranks. Since there are four Survivors, a 50% kill rate equates to two Survivors escaping and two Survivors dying.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/928/2YVQMEWUS0KN.jpg

    Most Used Perks (Survivor)

    This chart shows the most popular Survivor perks based on rank ranges between all platforms. We decided not to display ranks 13-20 as they tend to be more random (newer, lower ranked players tend to use whichever perks they have rather than picking what they want specifically). The numbers displayed are the percentage that perk is used of all perks used at that rank.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/781/T8VE1J9V3G07.jpg

    Most Used Perks (Killer)

    This chart shows the most popular Killer perks based on rank ranges between all platforms. Like the Survivor perks above, we decided not to show ranks 13-20. The number displayed are a percentage of the total perks used at that rank range.

    Is there something that confuses you? Maybe you'd like to know a more precise number on one of these stats? I'll be doing a live Q&A in the official Dead by Daylight Discord server tomorrow at 2PM EST.

    If you are not in the Official Discord server, you can join here: https://discord.gg/549m9NT

    The Q&A will take place in the #game-discussion channel.


  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/771280#Comment_771280

    First one is mine. Made by me on the first site I found that does it. Using data I collected

    And heres the source for the others

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/61114/community-community-data-requests

    yeah cool, the Devs still said the last two were wrong.

    And No offense, but im not trusting something someone random on the internet threw together.

  • @UlvenDagoth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/771486#Comment_771486

    yeah cool, the Devs still said the last two were wrong.

    And No offense, but im not trusting something someone random on the internet threw together.

    Where have they said that?

    And you don't have to believe me. It's irrelevant.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/771495#Comment_771495

    Where have they said that?

    And you don't have to believe me. It's irrelevant.

    Don't mind me. I got all of the backwards.

    I, for one, would like a good back and forth match and not a stomp either way.

  • @UlvenDagoth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/771529#Comment_771529

    as @yandere777 said in there post, the Devs said it was incorrect due to the game lumping rank 1 and 2 together.

    as for what they said

    Survival Rate by Rank

    This graph shows the average rate of survival per Survivor at any given rank, per platform. Please note: The data collected is using your rank after the match, so players who depipped from rank 1 down to rank 2 would appear as rank 2 for our purposes. This is likely the reason why you'll notice a large gap between the survival rate of rank 1 and rank 2: Players who survived were more likely to pip and maintain their rank, while those who died were more likely to depip and lose their rank.

    This data was also collected between April 1st and April 7th, after the pipping thresholds were originally changed but before they were later tweaked to be more forgiving for Survivors. Because of that, the statistics at this rank are from a small sample size consisting solely of the best players that could maintain rank 1 with the strict pipping conditions.

    In other words, yes they only took it from the best, but they lumped rank 2 and 1 together.

    also here's some more questions for the vague graph:

    Are survivors taken into account where ppl dced? 3 Survivors who have to do 5 gens are more likely to get killed for example.

    What killers are being played? I doubt that there have been lots of the trash tier killers for example..

    Besides ALL of that, this data is outdated now with recent changes. Even then, the escape rate is FAR higher than if the Devs were "Coddling" the Killers.

    So good job finding outdated data that half supported your idea?

    I, for one, would like a good back and forth match and not a stomp either way.

    I gave you the most up to date data avaiable.

    My personal one from this last rank reset and the last one released by the devs.(to my knowledge)

    Most of the issues you said are minor. They affect specifics but not the general point. So it's not relevant when we are talking about the general idea.

    Which killers were used? The ones being used are the ones people were playing on that rank. Who cares which ones? It's not important when we are looking at the general survival rates.

    If you want to see which killers are the most deadly theres one image on that post showing that. But it's not relevant here.


    You seem to be under the impression I think the devs are coddling the killers... why are you assuming that?


    But hey, since you apparently know what my idea is "good job finding outdated data that half supported your idea"

    what is my idea? What do you think I'm trying to say here? Go on... tell me. I'll fact check

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/771554#Comment_771554

    I gave you the most up to date data avaiable.

    My personal one from this last rank reset and the last one released by the devs.(to my knowledge)

    Most of the issues you said are minor. They affect specifics but not the general point. So it's not relevant when we are talking about the general idea.

    Which killers were used? The ones being used are the ones people were playing on that rank. Who cares which ones? It's not important when we are looking at the general survival rates.

    If you want to see which killers are the most deadly theres one image on that post showing that. But it's not relevant here.

    You seem to be under the impression I think the devs are coddling the killers... why are you assuming that?

    But hey, since you apparently know what my idea is "good job finding outdated data that half supported your idea"

    what is my idea? What do you think I'm trying to say here? Go on... tell me. I'll fact check

    Huh, well i'll admit I could be wrong. I do think that those "Specifics" are important, but whatever.

    In the context of your post at the time, you never SAID your point. You just asked if it was "clear enough". So, having looked at the %s you gave and all, it seemed like you were siding with OP.

    But hey, context is hard to get across in text. So lets try this: You tell me what your "Idea" was in clear terms instead of being vague, and I'll tell you if your context seemed like that at the start.

    Like i said, I could be wrong, I admit that.

  • @UlvenDagoth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/771598#Comment_771598

    Huh, well i'll admit I could be wrong. I do think that those "Specifics" are important, but whatever.

    In the context of your post at the time, you never SAID your point. You just asked if it was "clear enough". So, having looked at the %s you gave and all, it seemed like you were siding with OP.

    But hey, context is hard to get across in text. So lets try this: You tell me what your "Idea" was in clear terms instead of being vague, and I'll tell you if your context seemed like that at the start.

    Like i said, I could be wrong, I admit that.

    Op said the game is too killer sided and he dies 80% to 85% in all his solo games. Also that killers always get 4ks around that same amount.

    So I showed the data to show that's not the case at all. In any ranks.


    That was my point. Show that the op was just overreacting and that his experience does not reflect the game as a whole.

    Sorry if that wasn't clear. :)

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/771603#Comment_771603

    Op said the game is too killer sided and he dies 80% to 85% in all his solo games. Also that killers always get 4ks around that same amount.

    So I showed the data to show that's not the case at all. In any ranks.

    That was my point. Show that the op was just overreacting and that his experience does not reflect the game as a whole.

    Sorry if that wasn't clear. :)

    Oh okay! Yeah that was both missing context and likely a bit of the meds i'm on for my Pneumonia. Sorry! Cool, yeah I was WAY Wrong!


    I also, with some thinking, want to add that I wonder if DCs counted as deaths there. If so, then the numbers would be even HIGHER for survivors escaping cause the "Deaths" would be off.

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    Killers aren't coddled by the devs at all. This game is unbalanced and survivor is the power role.

    If you believe only killers are toxic: You should start playing killer yourself on a regular basis so you can experience the toxicity coming from the survivors' side first-hand. This is not "good survivors vs evil killers". You can find toxic people on both sides.

    I only read the first part of your post, so I might have missed something.

    Thank you Level headed Survivor friend. See you in the Fog!

  • @Lambda said:

    Wasn't Nurse, the absolute top dog of all killers, nerfed big time?

    its barely a nerf, watch all the vids she accomplishes just about the same as before just with very little downtime

  • Prologue: I'd like to put my 2 cents in, But just some preamble: I am a survivor main, and often play killer in between like 5 or so games of survivor to switch it up.

    Point 1: The Devs dont "side" with either killer or survivor. Most devs probably figure most players play both, infact its instructed to play both sides to understand how the game works, I.E scratch Marks, pallets, etc. The thing is these types of questions always manage to make me cringe, not because of the question but because of the mixed results. The Devs are on the side of their game. Not killer or survior. They dont coddle either. I agree nerfs can be annoying but in the name of making a game more balanced which is something this community consistently cries about makes sense to me. MoM did infact need a nerf maybe not as much as it go but it was insane. They balanced their game. DS was a problem and was used for max toxicity, not all players used it that way, but guess what...now the games closer to being balanced.

    Point 2: It bothers me when some people say " killers are always getting buffed and survivors nerfed" did you see the way this game was when it first came out? Survivors had literal infinites, no windows were boarded up, killers had no bloodlust. Theres a reason survivors are "constantly being nerfed" because survivors were infact OP for lack of a better term.

    Point 3: Both sides have toxicity. Someone mentioned to play both sides, in which you should take their advice. I havent experienced 3 or 4 man SWF with flashlights etc that everyone is saying they verse but it helps to know that in this type of game some people take it too seriously. Not just killers.

    Point 4: people have different definitions of being toxic.Some killers think flashlights are toxic and will face camp over a flashlight save, pallet save. But survivors define toxicity as killing an injured survivor after they got off the hook when they were saved right in front of them, or patrolling the hook as toxic. Each "side" has their own rules that they want eachother to follow.

    Your classifying ALL killers as toxic, which infact some go out of their way to let people go, farm, or not tunnel. But the thing is killers arent their to make your job easy, and let you win. They are there to play with you, and murder your face.

    I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say, TLDR: Survivors and killers both have their moments, and the devs are on the side of their game, trying to make it fair for both sides to have fun and enjoy a GAME.

  • Yah.... killers are totally never nerfed


    Given that someone thought it was a good idea to make a list of all the survivor nerfs that have occured since release to try and "prove a point", despite critiquing this methodology I have compiled a list of all killer nerfs in this game since release to counter it, as we were challenged to do (which would again somehow "prove" that survivors have been receiving the short end of the stick and therefore survivors cannot be overpowered) Disclaimer: Since the original list includes the fixing of...


    Please note, thread is updated regularly, check edit date at bottom.

1 2 ›