Am I the only one who thinks this battle pass is a slap in the face?

You have to pay an entry fee and the chapters really add up. I bought all the DLC on PS4 and bought it all again on PC later. That is quite a bit of money. I have also bought some cosmetics. New chapters and expensive cosmetics are still incoming. Fine.

But then you hit me with a battle pass? Absolutely insulting. This is a free to play mechanic in a very expensive game. So, what appears to be a significant investment in this game is certainly not enough.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @ProfessorDunwich said:

    You have to pay an entry fee and the chapters really add up. I bought all the DLC on PS4 and bought it all again on PC later. That is quite a bit of money. I have also bought some cosmetics. New chapters and expensive cosmetics are still incoming. Fine.

    But then you hit me with a battle pass? Absolutely insulting. This is a free to play mechanic in a very expensive game. So, what appears to be a significant investment in this game is certainly not enough.

    It's not just you, I feel the same way. They try their best to point out how dedicated their players are, say they want to reward us for spending time in the game, but when it comes to a quests mechanic they throw in a Battlepass, putting all the valuable/interesting things behind a paywall. Yes, it's 10$, I have spent a lot of money on the game already though, and asking for more is the slap in the face. I get you can make the Auric cells back but it's not the point. A Battlepass didn't need to find its way to Dead by daylight, and these new cosmetics could have been integrated normally with the store we already have. If we needed to pay? Fine, I'd rather the individual items be put in the store rather all of them behind 1000 Auric Cells. YES, It's worth it, that's the POINT. They WANT you to buy it, that's why they locked it all up behind the currency. I don't understand why the people who support this are getting so worked up with backlash about it, micro transactions have always been something people disliked, and we don't need to be enabling it. I was looking forward to doing quests for cosmetics that I actually wanted, not paying for them.

  • @Avocet said:

    People are missing the opportunity cost of completing the Rift / battle pass. They see the Premium costs only $10 (1000 auric cells) and get excited. But BHVR themselves have said the rewards from Free and Premium tracks are worth over 20 000 auric cells, i.e. $200.

    The battle pass is supposed to be a monetization system, right? How does it make sense for BHVR to charge us only $10 (which you can earn back) and yet provide as $200 of value? The missing commodity here is time. To BHVR our time to complete the battle pass is worth $190 per person, more if we consider they're supposed to make a profit off it.

    Yet people put absolutely no value on their time when they say the battle pass is free or only $10. They're only thinking about the money leaving their account.

    Here is a simple answer for you , not everything sells . Why do companies make newer models , they constantly improve things to sell more to consumers and what happens to the older models they get discounted and eventually stop selling . This is where the system comes into play , throw in say a nurse set on the premium that players will like and fill the gaps in the free and premium with things that are not doing so well or just not selling . Then your market value goes up for free and they are not loosing any profits .


    For those who still dont follow or haven't much of a clue about marketing . If you see a add for a game system in a add for $500 , it comes with $400 worth of used games and the used system is worth 250 . why are they loosing money , because if they sell the system without the games and the games are older titles or not very popular ones they may never sell them , but as a package it looks like a great deal to the buyer .

  • @HorsePower said:

    So you're mad you have to spend more money even though you already spent over $100 on DLCs and cosmetics? Very interesting.

    Yes... That's literally the point. Baiting players into buying more things by putting all the desirable items behind the pay wall is a HUGE slap in the face. It's a tacky tactic used by FORTNITE, APEX LEGENDS. DO THESE FREE TO PLAY GAMES AT ALL RELATE WITH DEAD BY DAYLIGHT? No. I hope you understand where those of us who dislike this battlepass are coming from. I don't care that it's 10$, or that you can earn the Auric cells back, it's just the fact that they put ALL of the good stuff behind a pay wall.

  • Battle Passes

    I like them about as much as I like monthly subscriptions to play online

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    "Expensive cosmetics"

    You mean the ability to be able to pay $10 for $1,000 auric cells, to get 20,000 auric cells worth of outfits that will be coming to the store after 6 months, and the ability to get all of your auric cells back?

    I don't know about you but that seems to be making cosmetics less expensive than they were before.

    Even if you buy the battle pass, and only played enough to get two whole outfits worth of cosmetics which is like, less than a game every two days -- you'd still break even.

    And you don't even need to buy it right away. You can complete it, buy it, and then get all of the cosmetics and your auric cells back immediately, so you can always gauge how "worth" the pass is for you.

    I don't know what else they could do to make this anymore fair to be honest. I prefer spending 1,000 auric cells for a bunch of cosmetics and more, then having to spend 900~1,100 on a single outfit.

    I'm not someone who has a lot of money and I don't usually buy cosmetics at all, but the Battle Pass with its current implementation helps save me so much more money than before.

    Very very well said. This is the most fair battle pass mechanic I've seen and you can take your time completing it.

  • @twistedmonkey said:

    How does the battlepass affect how you enjoy the game? It's purely cosmetics which most if not all will be released on the store after 6 months.

    The only thing in this game that affects gameplay is the DLC.

    If you don't wish to buy it enjoy the free stuff. The battlepass is a want for some if they like the cosmetics but its never a need.

    This, Plus peantis has already said that all the lore and challenges will always be free for everyone, so you don't even loose out on that. I was upset at the battle pass as well, but since it's purely cosmetics, most which will be available anyways, there is really no need too be mad about it. If you don't want it, then fine, just don't buy it and enjoy the fun challenges.

  • Editing this due to no longer have the same views.

    I now think it's a slap in the face.

  • I was originally pretty sceptical about the idea of 'battle pass' but after getting on the PTB and seeing how much cool cosmetics it has and how you can get the auric cells you spent back, I really like how it's implemented.

  • To answer your question, it's unlikely that you are the only person who feels "slapped" by the Rift. However I would feel confident saying you are within a small group of overall Dead By Daylight players.

    I for one, find the Rift (and Archives) a nice and simple addition to the game for veteran players that have everything unlocked and can now look forward to putting their time and effort towards something more than just endlessly grinding out add-ons and offerings.

    As for the terrible monetization scheme you fear will over take the paid game market because of Dead By Daylight's design choice, I'd like to say I'd feel much better seeing this sorta system be used in other games than any other system, or even no system at all. It's quite nice that you can pay for the first ever battle pass and then never have to pay again as long as you correctly manage your Auric cells gained from the completion of every rift every mid chapter patch. The way the Devs handled this is fair and rewarding for the player base. You get more back then you pay for.

    Also, just to be a bore and repeat everyone else, the premium track rift is completely optional. You are not forced to pay it in any way.

  • @ProfessorDunwich said:

    You have to pay an entry fee and the chapters really add up. I bought all the DLC on PS4 and bought it all again on PC later. That is quite a bit of money. I have also bought some cosmetics. New chapters and expensive cosmetics are still incoming. Fine.

    But then you hit me with a battle pass? Absolutely insulting. This is a free to play mechanic in a very expensive game. So, what appears to be a significant investment in this game is certainly not enough.

    Not at all a problem. I'm just like you went from having all dlc till stranger things on ps4 went to pc and bought them all again alone with all the kate cosmetics and one for huntress. Still a few I need to get again but battlepass is fine. Its not something you need and if you buy it and complete it you basically get a refund and can buy it again free. So it isn't at all and issue.

  • @ProfessorDunwich said:

    You have to pay an entry fee and the chapters really add up. I bought all the DLC on PS4 and bought it all again on PC later. That is quite a bit of money. I have also bought some cosmetics. New chapters and expensive cosmetics are still incoming. Fine.

    But then you hit me with a battle pass? Absolutely insulting. This is a free to play mechanic in a very expensive game. So, what appears to be a significant investment in this game is certainly not enough.

    It's not just you, I feel the same way. They try their best to point out how dedicated their players are, say they want to reward us for spending time in the game, but when it comes to a quests mechanic they throw in a Battlepass, putting all the valuable/interesting things behind a paywall. Yes, it's 10$, I have spent a lot of money on the game already though, and asking for more is the slap in the face. I get you can make the Auric cells back but it's not the point. A Battlepass didn't need to find its way to Dead by daylight, and these new cosmetics could have been integrated normally with the store we already have. If we needed to pay? Fine, I'd rather the individual items be put in the store rather all of them behind 1000 Auric Cells. YES, It's worth it, that's the POINT. They WANT you to buy it, that's why they locked it all up behind the currency. I don't understand why the people who support this are getting so worked up with backlash about it, micro transactions have always been something people disliked, and we don't need to be enabling it. I was looking forward to doing quests for cosmetics that I actually wanted, not paying for them.

  • @ProfessorDunwich said:

    You have to pay an entry fee and the chapters really add up. I bought all the DLC on PS4 and bought it all again on PC later. That is quite a bit of money. I have also bought some cosmetics. New chapters and expensive cosmetics are still incoming. Fine.

    But then you hit me with a battle pass? Absolutely insulting. This is a free to play mechanic in a very expensive game. So, what appears to be a significant investment in this game is certainly not enough.

    It's not just you, I feel the same way. They try their best to point out how dedicated their players are, say they want to reward us for spending time in the game, but when it comes to a quests mechanic they throw in a Battlepass, putting all the valuable/interesting things behind a paywall. Yes, it's 10$, I have spent a lot of money on the game already though, and asking for more is the slap in the face. I get you can make the Auric cells back but it's not the point. A Battlepass didn't need to find its way to Dead by daylight, and these new cosmetics could have been integrated normally with the store we already have. If we needed to pay? Fine, I'd rather the individual items be put in the store rather all of them behind 1000 Auric Cells. YES, It's worth it, that's the POINT. They WANT you to buy it, that's why they locked it all up behind the currency. I don't understand why the people who support are getting so worked up with backlash about it, micro transactions have always been something people disliked, and we don't need to be enabling it. I was looking forward to doing quests for cosmetics that I actually wanted, not paying for them.

  • @Spork said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/94160/am-i-the-only-one-who-thinks-this-battle-pass-is-a-slap-in-the-face

    It's not just you, I feel the same way. They try their best to point out how dedicated their players are, say they want to reward us for spending time in the game, but when it comes to a quests mechanic they throw in a Battlepass, putting all the valuable/interesting things behind a paywall. Yes, it's 10$, I have spent a lot of money on the game already though, and asking for more is the slap in the face. I get you can make the Auric cells back but it's not the point. A Battlepass didn't need to find its way to Dead by daylight, and these new cosmetics could have been integrated normally with the store we already have. If we needed to pay? Fine, I'd rather the individual items be put in the store rather all of them behind 1000 Auric Cells. YES, It's worth it, that's the POINT. They WANT you to buy it, that's why they locked it all up behind the currency. I don't understand why the people who support are getting so worked up with backlash about it, micro transactions have always been something people disliked, and we don't need to be enabling it. I was looking forward to doing quests for cosmetics that I actually wanted, not paying for them.

    I just wanted to say, that as far as I know, it was never ever said that the Archive's challenges would reward cosmetic items besides Charms. (It does reward charms by the way)

  • Battle pass is the worsest thing in dvd I've ever heard. Look its paid game and there are many dlc. So what u wiil get skin to character u dont have? Its hortible idea. But BHVR is greedy company and I bet that in near future battle pass will appear.

  • @ProfessorDunwich said:

    You have to pay an entry fee and the chapters really add up. I bought all the DLC on PS4 and bought it all again on PC later. That is quite a bit of money. I have also bought some cosmetics. New chapters and expensive cosmetics are still incoming. Fine.

    But then you hit me with a battle pass? Absolutely insulting. This is a free to play mechanic in a very expensive game. So, what appears to be a significant investment in this game is certainly not enough.

    Not only is dbd incredibly inexpensive (the chapters aren't really that much, and you aren't forced at any point to buy All of it) it's not forcing you to buy aa battle pass either. I don't see how this is something people have wanted for so long and now we get it and everyone complains. It's crazy. Yes the chapters add up, but I bought them all because I wanted to and I definitely got my moneys worth. Why are you complaining about your own choices to buy things?

  • Honestly this thread is nothing but shocking to say the least.

    The amount of people that justify everything is quite bizarre. I hope thanks to people who excuse everything, no matter how shady it actually is, that BHVR will continue to explore free2play-revenue in this paid game.

    A couple of suggestions for you:

    Please let us have premium accounts, It would be totally neat to upgrade your account for lets say another 1000 AC so we can have permanent bloodhunt and earn double bp, every game for a month. If there is already a bloodhunt, we could make it x4, imagine the revenue generated. This is also expandable you can offer large amounts of AC up to 10000 AC and slap some artificial saving on it. Like only use 10000 instead of 12000 AC for a year of premium!

    There seems to be a widespread misconception about what it means to save money. Money saved isn't spend so when people spend money they do not save it. It is funny to see how it affects people and they talk about skins being worth AC when AC has no value to begin with and as any ingame currency available for purchase with real money only exists to make people forget that they actually do spend money.

    Also please get rid of the cosmetic store: It is simply outdated. Nobody wants their customers just to buy what they want, you have to sell them the chance that they might be able to get the skin they want. Please include lootboxes, you already have some artificially made up grades of rarity on the skins so these should be fairly easy to implement.

    I know lots of people do not like lootboxes that is why you have to call them something else. Maybe you even need to show the item the people get with the next lootbox beforehand so you do not get accused of that system being gambling.

    Make bloodpoint available to purchase via microtransactions too! You know at least it doesn't affect gameplay in any kind or way. Imagine the amount of money generated by simply abusing people with mental disorders. You and a couple of people know that that it is not about the occasional buyer but about the whales who spend their money on it to complete everybody p3 especially on release day of dlc, glorious revenue indeed.

    All is very optional and nice, not affecting gameplay. So please BHVR go ahead and explore those payment models as lots of people will defend you till the very end. I mean you already have people that are completely deluded that they get their money back with the rift pass.

    You are a company after all and need to make money 🤦‍♀️

    But as somebody who actually doesn't like various triple AAA publishers doing the same shady stuff in their games where they ask 60 instead of 20 to have the base game, i simply will not continue to support this. I don't care if it is lack of knowledge and understanding how anti consumer those free2play payment models are but to some people there is no higher value than moral integrity.

  • Not even taking into account that there might be free tiers of bp, its just cosmetics, do you consider the 80’s dlc unfair? Cause its the same thing, you want it you buy it, otherwise its the same, no gameplay changes involved.

  • In every game with battle pass people are complaining

    Cmon. You don't have to buy it, no one forces you to buy it..

  • I hate battlepasses. Not because they're a "bad deal" but because they always goad you in with this "Oh you get all this stuff IF you finish it before the season's up". Meaning 1. you're paying to grind, and 2. you don't get everything unless you finish within a certain time frame. It's a scummy tactic because most people will not finish the battle pass before they start a new one.

    Oh and even worse they like to pretend "Oh you still get stuff for free if you don't buy it". But the "stuff you get for free" is usually two or three things you would never use, or stuff that is just a recolor of basic clothes you start with.

    If you're gonna make a battle pass, don't do it in a scummy way. Make it a 100% paid option and don't set a time limit. The "free option" is just to show you the disparity between all the stuff you could get if you were doing the paid option, so that you're guilted into buying it.

  • I think it is a great deal. Companies need to make money to keep the game alive and they have found a way to do that without forcing anyone to buy anything if they don't want to. You know what happens if you don't buy the battle pass, dlc, or cosmetics??? Nothing! It is still the exact same game that you have been playing and you are not at any disadvantage for not buying the battle pass.

  • I dunno why I expected it, but I'm disappointed in the lack of auric cells in the free pass.

  • Sounds like you pay $10 and if you do everything you get 1000 auric cells ($10) back. That's a pretty good deal if you can pay once and keep renewing the battle pass for free.

  • A lot of people here don't realize that you can just play normally, completing quests and only pay when you reach the tier level that has stuff you want.

  • @MiniPixels said:

    Originally I would have somewhat agreed with you, it is somewhat a slap in the face on top of all of the DLC, and cosmetics already in game, but what you have to understand is that if you complete the pass you earn 100% of your money back, IN ADDITION to the cosmetics you get, and even if you don't finish it all the way you are at least getting a decent amount of your money back.

    You dont ever get your money back. Just enough to get the next one and be reeled into playing even longer.

  • @Guiltron said:

    Worst case scenario we would've gotten loot boxes. For me the battle pass is simply well... a pass for cosmetics and rewards alike. Also you're not forced to buy it, since you can do the free track too.

    A battle pass is just a system people figured out wont be as vilified as loot boxes. Thanks to the popularity of fortnite, it worked.

  • If you play through every month, it's a one time pay. By playing through, you will get the monetary means to buy the next month's.

    I'm actually really excited about it, because I don't pay for cosmetics, so this is one way for me to get some, while having some challenges to motivate me to play, and hopefully that is encouraging other players to play thus hopefully reducing wait times.

    I'm a completist, so I'm looking forward to the challenges, even if it means they make me play more killer.

  • Since they are not greedy at all, they didn't make it optional to buy tiers in the rift pass. Oh wait they did, 6900 AC. Very cool to hope for more money from people that actually do have a life.

  • Ok, the Rift 1) pays you back the money you spent on it, 2) gives you stuff for free (including the currency to get the halloween cosmetics just for playing), 3) is for purely cosmetic stuff, 4) Everything you can get there you'll eventually be able to get later for direct purchase if you "missed out." There's legit no reason to not like this change unless you're just opposed to battle passes cause "Fortnite bad" because it not only brings in more content (cosmetic or lore wise with the Archives) but also just a breath of fresh air for ppl who are burnt out. I'm not trying to argue with you, just maybe wait until it's out and give it a try before we all just jump on the hate bandwagon.

  • @IWannaPlayAGame said:

    Ok, the Rift 1) pays you back the money you spent on it, 2) gives you stuff for free (including the currency to get the halloween cosmetics just for playing), 3) is for purely cosmetic stuff, 4) Everything you can get there you'll eventually be able to get later for direct purchase if you "missed out." There's legit no reason to not like this change unless you're just opposed to battle passes cause "Fortnite bad" because it not only brings in more content (cosmetic or lore wise with the Archives) but also just a breath of fresh air for ppl who are burnt out. I'm not trying to argue with you, just maybe wait until it's out and give it a try before we all just jump on the hate bandwagon.

    It's pointless to argue with these people. I don't understand how anyone can complain about something that adds content and is totally optional. It doesn't even affect gameplay if you don't buy it.

  • @IWannaPlayAGame said:

    Ok, the Rift 1) pays you back the money you spent on it, 2) gives you stuff for free (including the currency to get the halloween cosmetics just for playing), 3) is for purely cosmetic stuff, 4) Everything you can get there you'll eventually be able to get later for direct purchase if you "missed out." There's legit no reason to not like this change unless you're just opposed to battle passes cause "Fortnite bad" because it not only brings in more content (cosmetic or lore wise with the Archives) but also just a breath of fresh air for ppl who are burnt out. I'm not trying to argue with you, just maybe wait until it's out and give it a try before we all just jump on the hate bandwagon.

    1) it doesn't you pay and get ac, ac is worthless outside of this game

    3) for now

    4) wrong, charms so far will be exclusive

    Before you try to argue make sure that you don't say stuff that is wrong like that it gives you your money back and you shouldn't compare dbd a game that actually has an entry fee combined with several dlc to a complete free 2 play game.

  • @ProfessorDunwich said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/747260#Comment_747260

    Yes, you can. For most battle passes it will probably take you several hours a day to achieve this though. A much more significant investment than most players will make. It is like a buffet. They are betting most will not eat more than they pay.

    Then just don't buy it until you're sure. Play the game, complete the free track, throw the auric cells in, you'll get them all back and all rewards from the premium track.

    Sure some people will order the buffet and not eat their share but if you make your plate first while nibbling off the bar the whole time, you can look at your plate, decide you didnt get enough food for it to be worth the price and set it down and walk away without paying and you save your money while still getting a few bites.

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/748582#Comment_748582

    1) it doesn't you pay and get ac, ac is worthless outside of this game

    3) for now

    4) wrong, charms so far will be exclusive

    Before you try to argue make sure that you don't say stuff that is wrong like that it gives you your money back and you shouldn't compare dbd a game that actually has an entry fee combined with several dlc to a complete free 2 play game.

    @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/748582#Comment_748582

    1) it doesn't you pay and get ac, ac is worthless outside of this game

    3) for now

    4) wrong, charms so far will be exclusive

    Before you try to argue make sure that you don't say stuff that is wrong like that it gives you your money back and you shouldn't compare dbd a game that actually has an entry fee combined with several dlc to a complete free 2 play game.

    lol legit said I wasn't trying to argue chill dude you seem p hostile about a video game. Also about your "wRoNg, ChArMs excluthive" jab, so?? lol they're just stupid cosmetic charms?? why care about them? And yeah ac is worthless outside the game, but did you buy DLC for this game or skins for characters? like why complain about this or that, I don't get it, but you do you mate

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/748582#Comment_748582

    1) it doesn't you pay and get ac, ac is worthless outside of this game

    3) for now

    4) wrong, charms so far will be exclusive

    Before you try to argue make sure that you don't say stuff that is wrong like that it gives you your money back and you shouldn't compare dbd a game that actually has an entry fee combined with several dlc to a complete free 2 play game.

    The point is you pay once and can use the auric cells for the future ones.

    They said most if not all consmetics will be available in the store 6 months after the rift which may change to a lower time.

    If you don't like it don't buy it. You aren't missing out on anything that changes the game play it's purely optional fluff items. The only only thing that changes gameplay is the DLC and quite frankly I'd rather they added this form of income than increase the price of the DLC.

  • I originally thought that the idea of a battle pass was going to turn Dead by Daylight into another game in existence that I shouldn't even have to name, but with the idea that you could earn the battle pass by just playing the game, that's pretty good. I don't see a problem with it.

  • @Raven014 said:

    I have to point out if you buy it with auric cells you can earn them back, making the cost effectively zero if you actually complete the content.

    Not quite. You still had to make a $10 purchase of which you do not get that $10 back. You do get more value from the $10 you spend though.

  • @Spork said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/747172#Comment_747172

    Yes... That's literally the point. Baiting players into buying more things by putting all the desirable items behind the pay wall is a HUGE slap in the face. It's a tacky tactic used by FORTNITE, APEX LEGENDS. DO THESE FREE TO PLAY GAMES AT ALL RELATE WITH DEAD BY DAYLIGHT? No. I hope you understand where those of us who dislike this battlepass are coming from. I don't care that it's 10$, or that you can earn the Auric cells back, it's just the fact that they put ALL of the good stuff behind a pay wall.

    Life is full of paywalls. Is objective reality as hard for you to deal with as it appears? The internet is behind a paywall. Electricity is behind a paywall. Owning a computer is behind a paywall. Game companies have to pay for designers, yet another paywall.

    Of course the best stuff is behind the premium portion. Do you think people will pay for the lesser when the best is free?

    Stop whinging.

  • You legit contradict yourself, you come in start a list with points that are wrong and then state you do not want to argue. I am not hostile about it, it is just tiresome that people are unable to see the diffrence between getting their money back and getting some virtual ingame currency that is worth nothing.

    I am not hostile, i am frustrated with the fact this is a paid game and they include free2play mechanics which you would suspect in dota,cs:go, world of tanks. All titles you can play for free with the entire content, not in dbd where you have to pay for diffrent killers and skills and survivors.

    From here it is not far to premium accounts and other stuff but hey, keep supporting everything.

  • Sounds pretty irrational imo.


    The battlepass is a pretty good deal, not to mention it allows you to get all the next battle passes for free if you complete it. That's infinitely better than overpriced skins. Just think about it for a minute. For the price of one single skin you can get every battle pass that will ever exist.

  • Things cost money children. You don’t have to pay for any of this stuff to enjoy the game. You receive no benefits or advantage from purchasing the battle pass. If people want to spend their own money on a battle pass, why are you guys crying about it?


    I’m happy because now I can spend less of my money on the game and grind towards a lot of new cosmetics. I’m actually going to get more out of the money I’ve been spending on this game. This is a win for us cosmetic users, or at the very least a step in a better direction.

  • @Endstille How is it that you can be so passionate about something and at the same time be so dense about it. When you bought this game you were buying how it was at that moment. You're not entitled to shards or the cosmetics that they release. The fact that you can get stuff(DLC and cosmetics) with free in-game currency is generous enough. You already got what was promised to you at the initial investment.

    Keep in mind that cosmetics have no bearing on gameplay.

  • @Endstille Also you don't have to pay for the killers and survivors especially since most of all meta perks are in vanilla. This is not to even mention the shrine.

  • @UlvenDagoth said:

    Really sad that yall are mad at a company for getting more money to keep the game alive that you like to play.

    Just don't get it.

    that's what the DLC's are for

    There's a point where you have to draw a line and say "Enough is enough"

    But hey, if you got more money than sense, have at it.

  • I honestly hate the phrase 'slap in the face'. It feels so misused most of the time. Purely cosmetic items they can implement any way they want to imho. The second they add a feature where if you have the full pay only cosmetic you get a 5th perk slot or something is when I quit and never come back.

  • @FrenziedRoach Why is this so horrid to you? Are you that bothered by people enjoying more cosmetics just because it conflicts with your perception of how this game should be?

  • I decided not to spend any more money on the game until they fix the glitch where the camera controls invert. I haven't really paid attention to DLC or cosmetics since and don't mind missing the battle pass. I'm glad other people are buying this stuff though. It makes it more likely some of the bugs will be fixed before the game is abandoned.

  • @ProfessorDunwich said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/747209#Comment_747209

    Honest question. Do you not see the danger of allowing these mechanics in paid games? If they are accepted then it will only get worse. I suppose Horse Armor was before you time.

    Every non-F2P game that has implemented this kind of system has encountered backlash. I know you guys want to do mental gymnasticss to defend a company's every action, but this is shameless double-dipping, and it is predatory.

  • @Mrs_Fairfield said:

    I decided not to spend any more money on the game until they fix the glitch where the camera controls invert. I haven't really paid attention to DLC or cosmetics since and don't mind missing the battle pass. I'm glad other people are buying this stuff though. It makes it more likely some of the bugs will be fixed before the game is abandoned.

    Are you on ps4?

  • @twistedmonkey said:

    How does the battlepass affect how you enjoy the game? It's purely cosmetics which most if not all will be released on the store after 6 months.

    The only thing in this game that affects gameplay is the DLC.

    If you don't wish to buy it enjoy the free stuff. The battlepass is a want for some if they like the cosmetics but its never a need.

    And lets not forget that (aside from licensed dlc) all the killers and survivors can be purchased for free AND the perks all eventually end up in the Shrine.

    I hate having to pay for things (since I work a normal job with normal bills) but this is a game that offers everything for free quite reasonably and I haven't seen anything too greedy yet.

  • @MegaWaffle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/747167#Comment_747167

    And lets not forget that (aside from licensed dlc) all the killers and survivors can be purchased for free AND the perks all eventually end up in the Shrine.

    I hate having to pay for things (since I work a normal job with normal bills) but this is a game that offers everything for free quite reasonably and I haven't seen anything too greedy yet.

    A lot of people even got the game for free with playstation plus.....

  • @FrenziedRoach said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/747156#Comment_747156

    that's what the DLC's are for

    There's a point where you have to draw a line and say "Enough is enough"

    But hey, if you got more money than sense, have at it.

    I have very little money XD But sure! Let's just agree to disagree

1 2 3